PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The big epiphany for me regarding this weekend's game.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 11:48 AM
Yes, I love that they finally won a home playoff game.

Yes, I love that they finally beat the Colts.

Yes, I love that they are in the AFC Championship game for the first time since before I was married or had kids.

Yes, I will weep like a baby if they even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone win it.

But no - I won't be devastated if they lose on Sunday. I'll be disappointed, sure. But I won't be crushed.

Why? Because they got beat by Tom Brady. Tom Brady, as we hear so often, is 41 years old.

Patrick Mahomes is TWENTY THREE.

In the past, "there's always next year" was a phrase held in derision by Chiefs fans.

That's no longer the case. Because Mahomes. There actually IS next year. In fact, Tom Brady is FORTY ONE. There's going to be "next year", as a Chiefs fan, for the next DECADE AND A HALF!

So here's to a win on Sunday, which the Chiefs and their fans richly deserve, and I honestly think they will get. However, if they don't?

There's always next year.

Reerun_KC
01-15-2019, 11:49 AM
They will win Sunday. Changing of the guard. Passing the torch.

KCFalcon59
01-15-2019, 11:50 AM
I feel the exact same way. But since the Chiefs have exceeded expectations so far this year, I want them to win it all now and put Brady out to pasture.

Skyy God
01-15-2019, 11:50 AM
Screw that noise. Ask Marino about waiting til next year.

We’re going to open a 40 lb box of rape on the Pats.

RollChiefsRoll
01-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Fuck that. Super Bowl or bust.

htismaqe
I feel the exact same way. But since the Chiefs have exceeded expectations so far this year, I want them to win it all now and put Brady out to pasture.

Absolutely for sure.

Carlota69

Yes, I love that they are in the AFC Championship game for the first time since before I was married or had kids.

Yes, I will weep like a baby if they even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone win it.

But no - I won't be devastated if they lose on Sunday. I'll be disappointed, sure. But I won't be crushed.

Why? Because they got beat by Tom Brady. Tom Brady, as we hear so often, is 41 years old.

In the past, "there's always next year" was a phrase held in derision by Chiefs fans.

That's no longer the case. Because Mahomes. There actually IS next year. In fact, Tom Brady is FORTY ONE. There's going to be "next year", as a Chiefs fan, for the next DECADE AND A HALF!

So here's to a win on Sunday, which the Chiefs and their fans richly deserve, and I honestly think they will get. However, if they don't?

I feel the same way, but also loved that we were playing NE for 2 reasons:

If we played The Chargers and went to the SB, that is obviously a beautiful thing, but if we lost to RIVERS??? Im not sure I could recover.

PAtriots? WE beat them? We beat the best! The Dynasty! The GOAT! Nothing sweeter than beating the best!
We lose? It will sting for sure, but I'll recover bc of all of the above.

Best scenario IMO

htismaqe

I never said ANYTHING about waiting until next year. :facepalm:

Skyy God
01-15-2019, 11:54 AM
I never said ANYTHING about waiting until next year. :facepalm:

You literally said “there’s always next year”.

htismaqe
Fuck that. Super Bowl or bust.

Except it's not Super Bowl or bust.

They literally will be in this position year in and year out until Patrick Mahomes is gone. It's that simple.

They're going to beat the Pats, I firmly believe they will.

But if they don't, this isn't Joe Montana in 1994. This isn't the only chance they're ever going to get.

Andoverer
:toast:

Here's to the day when the whole country is sick of the CHIEFS being in the Super Bowl practically every year!

htismaqe
You literally said “there’s always next year”.

I literally said I believe they're going to win Sunday.

DaFace
There's no doubt I'll be devastated if we lose. It's tough to get this close to the goal and not actually get the thing done.

But then I'll go back and watch all of the Mahomes highlights from the game and realize that he's too good NOT to get there one of these years.

It'll be OK.

chinaski
01-15-2019, 11:55 AM
This has been a great year to be a Chiefs fan. I think Chiefs fans are better equipped to deal with disappointment better than anybody else, so if we win it's just icing on the cake. I honestly believe that we are going to win though.

But...If we don't win...I'm not even going to watch the Patriots in another Super Bowl, what's the point? Sick of that team and their smug fans.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 11:57 AM
There's no doubt I'll be devastated if we lose. It's tough to get this close to the goal and not actually get the thing done.

But then I'll go back and watch all of the Mahomes highlights from the game and realize that he's too good NOT to get there one of these years.

It'll be OK.

I just can't foresee any way I'll be crushed like I was say in 2003 or 1997.

Why?

Because this isn't a fluke. For one, I never expected them to be here in the first place. Second, just making the AFC Championship game seems like a dream that would NEVER be fulfilled. But the icing on the cake is that we finally have Patrick Mahomes and he's not just any 1st round QB, he's THE 1st round QB. He's the new NFL, the prototype.

So yeah, I expect a victory on Sunday. That's my brain. My heart will be disappointed if they lose. But it's not "the end" like it has been so many times before. It won't be for me, anyway.

Discuss Thrower
01-15-2019, 11:59 AM
I'd feel better if there weren't an obvious lockout coming the season after next.

TwistedChief
01-15-2019, 11:59 AM
Nice sentiment and all, but we’re going to win.

Frosty
01-15-2019, 12:01 PM
I get what you are saying but I would be pretty devastated if the Chiefs lose to an aging and overrated patriots team next weekend at home. A loss in the SB would be easier to take (though still suck).

That said, I expected this team to be 7-9 to 9-7 due to a shit defense, a brutal schedule and growing pains by PM2 so this whole process as been pretty amazing.

Reerun_KC
01-15-2019, 12:04 PM
Just need two more wins and I get to leave CP forever.

RunKC
One thing that is different about this year is we have been so fortunate not to have any devastating injuries.

This is such a great opportunity.

htismaqe
Nice sentiment and all, but we’re going to win.

Oh we're going to win.

Skyy God
01-15-2019, 12:06 PM
I'd feel better if there weren't an obvious lockout coming the season after next.

NFL coaching contracts are being written with the expectation of a 2021 work stoppage.

htismaqe
I get what you are saying but I would be pretty devastated if the Chiefs lose to an aging and overrated patriots team next weekend at home. A loss in the SB would be easier to take (though still suck).

That said, I expected this team to be 7-9 to 9-7 due to a shit defense, a brutal schedule and growing pains by PM2 so this whole process as been pretty amazing.

I guess I'm drawing a line between disappointment and devastation.

I'll probably cry for a few minutes. Mope around on the way home and resume my life on Monday.

That's quite a bit different than being mad about it for months afterwards. ;)

htismaqe
One thing that is different about this year is we have been so fortunate not to have any devastating injuries.

This is such a great opportunity.

It's a golden opportunity.

Frazod
01-15-2019, 12:07 PM
My entire attitude has changed since they scored that final touchdown on Saturday.

Up until then, I was a miserable, paranoid whipped dog, sure that somehow everything was going to go to shit - that there would be a lost fumble, or an interception, some sort of series of freak plays/bad calls/wide left/fifth down/whatever and it would all go sideways at the end.

Then, in an instant, the monkey was gone. The curse was lifted. Last week I was a nervous wreck. Now, I'm fine. The only thing I'm worried about is driving in shitty weather on Saturday.

It's like I've been freed from prison.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:07 PM
NFL coaching contracts are being written with the expectation of a 2021 work stoppage.

THAT I had not heard. That's interesting.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:08 PM
My entire attitude has changed since they scored that final touchdown on Saturday.

Up until then, I was a miserable, paranoid whipped dog, sure that somehow everything was going to go to shit - that there would be a lost fumble, or an interception, some sort of series of freak plays/bad calls/wide left/fifth down/whatever and it would all go sideways at the end.

Then, in an instant, the monkey was gone. The curse was lifted. Last week I was a nervous wreck. Now, I'm fine. The only thing I'm worried about is driving in shitty weather on Saturday.

That's EXACTLY how I feel right now.

Reerun_KC
01-15-2019, 12:10 PM

Yep. Free from the curse of the coach that shall not be named. 1 game erased 31 years of chiefs and opened up a new outlook on the future. Just need two more games then my fandom is complete.

Eleazar
01-15-2019, 12:10 PM
I agree with that. I think the game is about 50/50, wouldn't be surprised at anything that happens or that upset if we lose. I'll probably feel like the 2014 World Series again. Disappointed in a way, but mostly just excited for next year.

Well, I'll be upset at all the money I spent on it, but hey. There's no shame in losing to Brady and Belichick in the playoffs; everyone has.

The Pats are the past, and maybe still the present, but we are the future. This team is on the way up and it's not like our window is closing.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Don't let your anxiety get the best of you now thus making pre-reasons in order to ease your emotional pain IF we lose. Embrace the victory NOW mentally and emotionally because that is how Champions become CHAMPIONS !!

CHAMPIONS embrace and apply these 2 HUGE concepts mentioned in these 2 little verses from scripture whether they realize it or not.

Proverbs 29:18 - "Where there is no vision the people perish".

Proverbs 23:7 - "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he".

See the victory won by truly believing in your heart NOW !!!

This victory will happen 'htismaqe' just embrace it NOW !!:clap:

Discuss Thrower
01-15-2019, 12:11 PM

Off a year -whatever though it's nice to know the majority of Mahomes' cheap years are before the lockout.

Eleazar
01-15-2019, 12:13 PM
Don't let your anxiety get the best of you now thus making pre-reasons in order to ease your emotional pain IF we lose. Embrace the victory NOW mentally and emotionally because that is how Champions become CHAMPIONS !!

I'm not actually playing in the game btw

chinaski
01-15-2019, 12:15 PM
Here is how it's going to go down...

The Chiefs are going to beat the Patriots and then WIN the Super Bowl.

On stage, during the VICTORY Ceremony, Patrick is going to ask his girlfriend to marry him on national TV. She is going to say yes. Then the whole country will fall in love with our good, wholesome and polite Quarterback, Patrick Mahomes II.

Also, Pat Senior will be crying. As will Patricks mom. Clark and Andy will give each other a big hug. Clark is gonna be happier than a pig in shit. Then Patrick will get the MVP and all will be right with the world.

KC will throw a big VICTORY parade and everybody will behave. Clay will makes some kick arse video, and we will all be grateful and happy here on Chiefs Planet awaiting the draft and next season.

It's gonna be good. :)

RetiredSeniorChief
01-15-2019, 12:17 PM

The lesson of Marino is absolutely correct. There is no guarantee about next year. Its football and shit happens you never thought would. The opportunity is now, they must seize it now!

Skyy God
01-15-2019, 12:19 PM
THAT I had not heard. That's interesting.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25749860/language-new-coaches-contracts-hints-possible-nfl-work-stoppage-2021%3fplatform=amp

eDave
01-15-2019, 12:19 PM
Hedging your bet is all you are doing.

Buehler445
01-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Yeah. NE is a tough out no matter what. Brady can’t beat you in as many ways as he used to but he still has a lot of ways to win. Belicheat is still the best coach in the game. By a lot.

A bounce or two and it could be over.

But like you said it’s not a fluke.

siberian khatru
01-15-2019, 12:23 PM

Same exactly.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2019, 12:26 PM
On stage, during the VICTORY Ceremony, Patrick is going to ask his girlfriend to marry him on national TV. She is going to say yes. Then the whole country will fall in love with our good, wholesome and polite Quarterback, Patrick Mahomes II.

The country already has my friend.;)

TwistedChief
01-15-2019, 12:29 PM
I guess I'm drawing a line between disappointment and devastation.

I'll probably cry for a few minutes. Mope around on the way home and resume my life on Monday.

That's quite a bit different than being mad about it for months afterwards. ;)

The problem is this: it's the Patriots. THE PATRIOTS. They are probably my most hated team in all of professional sports. With probably my most hated fanbase in all of professional sports. If we manage to beat them this year, it serves as notice that a/ we're the new "it" team in the AFC and b/ they're on their last legs. It's also so mellifluously poetic to have vanquished the Colts and the Patriots en route to a Super Bowl in an already-magical season.

We'll have other opportunities and that's great. We'll win other Super Bowls and that's amazing. But it will never be quite as perfect as this. As Chiefs fans, we will never replicate what we've been through this season and I just realllllllllly want more out of it.

O.city
01-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Well, you're not wrong.

With that said, I guess theres only one thing left to do.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/r5VbdZr3fKDFm" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/jacob-degrom-r5VbdZr3fKDFm">via GIPHY</a></p>

OnTheWarpath15
01-15-2019, 12:30 PM

Why?

Because this isn't a fluke. For one, I never expected them to be here in the first place. Second, just making the AFC Championship game seems like a dream that would NEVER be fulfilled. But the icing on the cake is that we finally have Patrick Mahomes and he's not just any 1st round QB, he's THE 1st round QB. He's the new NFL, the prototype.

So yeah, I expect a victory on Sunday. That's my brain. My heart will be disappointed if they lose. But it's not "the end" like it has been so many times before. It won't be for me, anyway.

Holy shit, I just had the same conversation with a co-worker. Damn near to the word.

ModSocks
01-15-2019, 12:32 PM
I had an epiphany this weekend too.

My son is barely starting to get into sports. He asked me, "Hey dad, who won the game?"

Me: "The Chiefs"

Him: "Let's GO!"

And it struck me. My son will get to grow up a Chiefs fan w/o ever having to know the misery of decades past. Pat Mahomes won't be retiring until my son is in his late 20's/early 30's.

ModSocks
01-15-2019, 12:32 PM
And BTW Htismaqe, i agree with everything you said.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:36 PM

CHAMPIONS embrace and apply these 2 HUGE concepts mentioned in these 2 little verses from scripture whether they realize it or not.

1. I'm not a champion. I don't play for the Chiefs. NOTHING I do (short of screaming my freaking lungs out at the game on Sunday) will affect the outcome of the game.

2. I have ZERO anxiety. None. Zilch. I'm not concerned AT ALL.

3. For the 4th or 5th time today, they're going to win on Sunday.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:37 PM
Here is how it's going to go down...

The Chiefs are going to beat the Patriots and then WIN the Super Bowl.

Also, Pat Senior will be crying. As will Patricks mom. Clark and Andy will give each other a big hug. Clark is gonna be happier than a pig in shit. Then Patrick will get the MVP and all will be right with the world.

KC will throw a big VICTORY parade and everybody will behave. Clay will makes some kick arse video, and we will all be grateful and happy here on Chiefs Planet awaiting the draft and next season.

It's gonna be good. :)

Dude, this gave me goosebumps.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:38 PM
The lesson of Marino is absolutely correct. There is no guarantee about next year. Its football and shit happens you never thought would. The opportunity is now, they must seize it now!

That's a lesson for the Chiefs. I'm not the Chiefs, I'm a fan.

How do you suppose Dolphin fans felt after the "lesson of Marino". That's right, they didn't actually learn that lesson until AFTER HE RETIRED.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Hedging your bet is all you are doing.

Wrong. Nice try though.

ptlyon
01-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Quite the change you have made since the earlier in the season "must win it all now" narrative. Not saying that's a bad thing, just something I noticed.

Discuss Thrower
01-15-2019, 12:41 PM

My son is barely starting to get into sports. He asked me, "Hey dad, who won the game?"

And it struck me. My son will get to grow up a Chiefs fan w/o ever having to know the misery of decades past. Pat Mahomes won't be retiring until my son is in his late 20's/early 30's.

Sounds like your son is a bandwagon rider.

/s

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:42 PM
The problem is this: it's the Patriots. THE PATRIOTS. They are probably my most hated team in all of professional sports. With probably my most hated fanbase in all of professional sports. If we manage to beat them this year, it serves as notice that a/ we're the new "it" team in the AFC and b/ they're on their last legs. It's also so mellifluously poetic to have vanquished the Colts and the Patriots en route to a Super Bowl in an already-magical season.

We'll have other opportunities and that's great. We'll win other Super Bowls and that's amazing. But it will never be quite as perfect as this. As Chiefs fans, we will never replicate what we've been through this season and I just realllllllllly want more out of it.

I get what you're saying but "hate" is an emotion. Take the emotion out of it.

It's the Patriots. 5-time Super Bowl champion. They gone to EIGHT STRAIGHT AFC championship games. This isn't going to be easy.

That being said, the Chiefs are going to win on Sunday and those facts are going to make the victory all that more meaningful.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Quite the change you have made since the earlier in the season "must win it all now" narrative. Not saying that's a bad thing, just something I noticed.

Yeah, it truly is. I guess it just took me a season of Mahomes to purge my system of the last 30 years of being a Chiefs fan.

RockChalk
01-15-2019, 12:45 PM

Could not have said it better myself. I truly believe we should be thrilled that this team went well beyond where they should be at this point in his career, as our future is very bright.

That said...

https://scottlattablog.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/win.gif

RunKC
01-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately the Patriots are not going away. They have 12 draft picks coming up, will have plenty of cap space with Gronk retiring and will be a much stronger team moving forward.

Probably have their replacement QB on the team leave as well.

O.city
01-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Could not have said it better myself. I truly believe we should be thrilled that this team went well beyond where they should be at this point in his career, as our future is very bright.

That said...

https://scottlattablog.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/win.gif

hey

damn it

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately the Patriots are not going away. They have 12 draft picks coming up, will have plenty of cap space with Gronk retiring and will be a much stronger team moving forward.

Probably have their replacement QB on the team leave as well.

A much stronger team maybe. However, if their new QB isn't at least 75% percent Brady, they're not the contender they are. It's that simple.

mnchiefsguy
01-15-2019, 01:24 PM

Yep. I was a wreck all last week, but am feeling pretty damn good right now!

Bugeater
01-15-2019, 01:50 PM

This is pretty much where I'm at. I'll be physically sick if the fucking Pats punch their ticket to yet another Super Bowl at the Chiefs' expense.

Any other team I could deal with. But not them. Fuck them.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 01:52 PM
This is pretty much where I'm at. I'll be physically sick if the fucking Pats punch their ticket to yet another Super Bowl at the Chiefs' expense.

Any other team I could deal with. But not them. Fuck them.

I'm so happy with how this season has turned out for the Chiefs, I don't even care about that.

I mean, if the Pats win, that's another Sunday afternoon I have free. I don't have to watch the Super Bowl.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2019, 01:52 PM
I am at peace no matter the outcome.

Aspengc8
01-15-2019, 01:56 PM
I'm so happy with how this season has turned out for the Chiefs, I don't even care about that.

I mean, if the Pats win, that's another Sunday afternoon I have free. I don't have to watch the Super Bowl.

A lot to be excited about next year as well. Promising young talent on both sides of the ball. Houston will restructure to free up some money. Berry will restructure & have the bone spur shaved down. Sorensen will get cut to free up a chunk of change. Ford will be back (tag or use money from Berry-Houston restructure). A lot to be excited about looking forward.

BIG_DADDY
01-15-2019, 01:59 PM

So weird, same thing happened to me.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-15-2019, 02:01 PM
Veach even said that at the beginning of the year he’d thought it wouldn’t be a Super Bowl team, however Mahomes has proven him wrong

Frazod
01-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Yep. I was a wreck all last week, but am feeling pretty damn good right now!

I was a basketcase. I'd say the ratio between dreading acceptance of impending doom, grim determination that things would finally change, and actual happiness was about 80/19/1. Hell, I left work early on Friday because I was freaking out. And there was a thread about it, too - I certainly wasn't the only one. People must have thought I was an idiot for carrying on like that.

And now, it's just..... gone. How liberating.

1960Pats
01-15-2019, 02:06 PM
This has been a great year to be a Chiefs fan. I think Chiefs fans are better equipped to deal with disappointment better than anybody else, so if we win it's just icing on the cake. I honestly believe that we are going to win though.

But...If we don't win...I'm not even going to watch the Patriots in another Super Bowl, what's the point? Sick of that team and their smug fans.

I can tell you for sure that most Pats fans are not smug. We know how lucky we are.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2019, 02:25 PM
1. I'm not a champion. I don't play for the Chiefs. NOTHING I do (short of screaming my freaking lungs out at the game on Sunday) will affect the outcome of the game.

2. I have ZERO anxiety. None. Zilch. I'm not concerned AT ALL.

3. For the 4th or 5th time today, they're going to win on Sunday.

Nothing personal here my friend, but I'm with eDave that you are emotionally hedging your bet here with your epiphany as I read between the lines.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Nothing personal here my friend, but I'm with eDave that you are emotionally hedging your bet here with your epiphany as I read between the lines.

Nothing personal here my friend, but you're wrong.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Even if we lose this game, at the end I will stare into the night, sigh deeply and mutter to myself quietly like Col. Kilgore in Apocalypse Now.

"Someday this war's gonna end."

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mTLqp-KKuo4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suzzer99
01-15-2019, 03:01 PM
I'm still upset about Kimble Anders turning an easy TD into an INT before halftime at Buffalo. We could have gone in down 7 with momentum.

At least once a month I fantasize about Salvy hitting a 2-run dinger to win the 2014 WS.

Pretty sure I'll be upset if we lose this.

mnchiefsguy
01-15-2019, 03:03 PM
I was a basketcase. I'd say the ratio between dreading acceptance of impending doom, grim determination that things would finally change, and actual happiness was about 80/19/1. Hell, I left work early on Friday because I was freaking out. And there was a thread about it, too - I certainly wasn't the only one. People must have thought I was an idiot for carrying on like that.

Yep. My wife thought I was fucking nuts, and she knows how passionately I follow the Chiefs...she tried to tell me it was a just a game...that conversation did not go well.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 03:05 PM
I'm still upset about Kimble Anders turning an easy TD into an INT before halftime at Buffalo. We could have gone in down 7 with momentum.

At least once a month I fantasize about Salvy hitting a 2-run dinger to win the 2014 WS.

Pretty sure I'll be upset if we lose this.

I will be upset. It's a GOLDEN opportunity. But by Monday, I'll be over it.

When the Chiefs lost in 2003 for example, I was legitimately depressed for a couple of weeks.

suzzer99
01-15-2019, 03:34 PM
It's not easy to get HFA in the NFL. You have to take advantage when you get the golden opportunity.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2019, 03:36 PM
I will be upset. It's a GOLDEN opportunity. But by Monday, I'll be over it.

When the Chiefs lost in 2003 for example, I was legitimately depressed for a couple of weeks.

I'm not gonna be upset.

I'm gonna freeze Mahomes in carbonite.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Stick the Big Dick Mahomet up the little Patriots' ass like Brady shoving his tongue down the throat of his son.

Chief Pagan
01-15-2019, 04:02 PM
I can tell you for sure that most Pats fans are not smug. We know how lucky we are.

And I can tell you that most people who say they know how lucky they are, still don't really appreciate it until their luck changes.

But its still worth trying to keep some perspective.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-15-2019, 04:04 PM

How did you NOT see that trainwreck coming?

After Ontarrio Smith and the Vikings RAPED us and Clinton Portis hoisting the championship belt over our heads...I knew Indy would roll us that week or the Pats would have the week after.

Now, following year, I WAS crushed. I seriously thought the defense would miraculously improve with Gunther back at DC, but it didn't. In fact, even though our offense was better (the Ray Lewis "they holding and double teaming me every play" MNF game, the 8 rushing TD game vs Atlanta, the Colts Halloween ambush, etc), the defense actually somehow got worse and we finished like 7-9.

Fuck, we never made the playoffs again in the Vermeil era after 2003. That was that team's 'window'. Think about THAT for a second.

CervezaChill
01-15-2019, 04:04 PM
I have a feeling it's not even going to be close. Chiefs win 38-24 (or any combination of a two td win)

Discuss Thrower
01-15-2019, 04:11 PM
How did you NOT see that trainwreck coming?

After Ontarrio Smith and the Vikings RAPED us and Clinton Portis hoisting the championship belt over our heads...I knew Indy would roll us that week or the Pats would have the week after.

Now, following year, I WAS crushed. I seriously thought the defense would miraculously improve with Gunther back at DC, but it didn't. In fact, even though our offense was better (the Ray Lewis "they holding and double teaming me every play" MNF game, the 8 rushing TD game vs Atlanta, the Colts Halloween ambush, etc), the defense actually somehow got worse and we finished like 7-9.

Fuck, we never made the playoffs again in the Vermeil era after 2003. That was that team's 'window'. Think about THAT for a second.

One block on Scott Fujita and the Chiefs edge out the Steelers for a wild card berth the year Rapistburger won it all.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Its a Blood Moon on Game Day
It is destiny.

Frazod
01-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Yep. My wife thought I was fucking nuts, and she knows how passionately I follow the Chiefs...she tried to tell me it was a just a game...that conversation did not go well.

My wife is a die hard Braves fan, and they haven't won shit forever either, so she understands my pain.

And is smart enough to leave me the fuck alone when I get like that. :D

CoMoChief
01-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Chargers - They'll have to replace Rivers sooner than later...within the next few seasons I'd imagine. When that happens are they going to be like Denver and fuck it up while wasting all of that talent on defense?

Broncos - Ever since Manning retired they've been searching for their guy, and Elway has whiffed badly on Oseweiler and Lynch, Siemian wasn't ever going to be their guy longterm, and the Keenum was a hilariously desperate signing. Will they take Drew Lock? Unless that happens, Denver is gonna be the same team we've seen the past couple seasons...maybe 5-6-7 wins at best.

Raiders - ROFL

Point is, Chiefs are set up to run this division for the next 5yrs (at least). Which means multiple home playoff games are coming our way, which is key. That monkey is finally off the Chiefs back I think (I hope). Combine that w/ the changing of the old guard. BigBen and the Steelers are probably done, and the Pats are dreading the day Tom Brady retires (because when that happens, BB will probably retire as well).

Things are looking good for KC.....and its about god damn fucking time.

CoMoChief
01-15-2019, 04:21 PM
My wife is a die hard Braves fan, and they haven't won shit forever either, so she understands my pain.

And is smart enough to leave me the fuck alone when I get like that. :D

John Smoltz was my favorite baseball player growing up. Guy was a badass mofo on the mound.

Dude's a helluva golfer too.

carcosa
01-15-2019, 04:24 PM

why are you so fucking weird

RunKC
01-15-2019, 04:25 PM
Is Drew Lock very good? I am not an MU fan so I don’t watch them play.

I ask bc I think Denver is going to do everything humanly possible to draft him.

Frazod
01-15-2019, 04:27 PM

I ask bc I think Denver is going to do everything humanly possible to draft him.

Gabbert 2.0. The latest MU quarterback to spend his tenure swimming in Daniel's shoes.

Best22
01-15-2019, 04:54 PM

I’m a Mizzou fan. I wouldn’t worry about Lock. I’d be surprised if he becomes a good NFL quarterback. Even if he does, we have Mahomes

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Lock could be a good NFL QB, but he needs to sit a year. IMO, they all do.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2019, 06:01 PM

Being out here in Denver and being a Mizzou fan I don't get to see hardly any MU games but I did get to see a couple and thought Lock could be pretty decent but to your point he needs to sit and become a student first.

RINGLEADER
01-15-2019, 06:10 PM
Convinced we will crush the Pats.

Not any minor crushing either, but an industrial-strength T-1000 squishing in a Cyberdyne Systems hydraulic press kind of crushing.

chinaski
01-15-2019, 06:12 PM
Convinced we will crush the Pats.

Not any minor crushing either, but an industrial-strength T-1000 squishing in a Cyberdyne Systems hydraulic press kind of crushing.

Perhaps Clay should use The Nutcracker Suite for the soundtrack on the next video...

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 07:11 PM

He'll need good coaching too. Not sure he'll get that in Denver.

MahiMike
01-15-2019, 07:14 PM
Gotta keep the peddle down and step on the necks of the NFL.

Do it now!

HemiEd
01-15-2019, 07:17 PM
Yeah, we are pretty much playing with house money at this point in the season.

However, I did predict 12-4 with a potential AFCG appearance due to a talented young QB that isn't scared.

htismaqe
01-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Yeah, we are pretty much playing with house money at this point in the season.

However, I did predict 12-4 with a potential AFCG appearance due to a talented young QB that isn't scared.

I applaud you sir. I won't ever say I expected to see them in the AFCCG but I did expect improvement over last year because I expected Mahomes to be better than Smith.

01-15-2019, 07:37 PM
Going into this year I told myself to let the frustrations go and try to just enjoy the season. I've gone into every game with a just have fun attitude. While sometimes my emotions still come out I've had much more fun this year. Whatever the outcome is Sunday, I'm happy with where this team had taken us.

That said, go kick Brady's ass.

Frazod
01-15-2019, 07:58 PM
Being out here in Denver and being a Mizzou fan I don't get to see hardly any MU games but I did get to see a couple and thought Lock could be pretty decent but to your point he needs to sit and become a student first.

Yeah, I don't see him learning much from Case Keenum.

Ron Swanson
01-15-2019, 11:33 PM

I'm a huge Mizzou fan who has watched every game Lock has played. Although I would like to root for him in the NFL, as a Chiefs fan I pray the donks draft him. He is going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

Rain Man
01-15-2019, 11:57 PM
I feel like the biggest pressure was the last game. These next two games are more fun than stressful.

Rausch
01-16-2019, 02:23 AM
I feel like the biggest pressure was the last game. These next two games are more fun than stressful.

For a young QB in his first year starting he (and we) are definitely overachieving.

Pat has already put up the greatest 16 games of any first year starter in NFL history.

His first season is already top 10 all time for ANY QB. Ever.

We might lose but this is the first time in a long time I actually BLIEVE we'll win when it matters...

BlackOp
01-16-2019, 02:34 AM

Yes..it was an initiation into what it feels like to go into the playoffs and actually expect to win.

It's telling how far, we as fans, have fallen when you think the divisional round is some kind of epic accomplishment. Jaguars did it last year with BLAKE BORTLES.....jesus.

It's house money only because we have low expectations...that said...I think KC is going to curbstomp them in 5 degree weather.

kccrow
01-16-2019, 06:35 AM
I want nothing less than to watch Brady crying midway through the 4th in a 42-14 curb stomping that reminds that bitch he should retire.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
01-16-2019, 07:27 AM
The big epiphany that I had was looking back and realizing how lucky we were that our Chiefs didn't suck for Luck the year he came out. Luck is a better than average quarterback that will have a very nice career but ending up with a once in a generation talent like Patrick Mahomes is better than any one of us could have imagined. If we had Luck and had to beat Patrick every year to win a Super Bowl we would still be stuck in our next year thinking. Having a talent like Patrick Mahomes means that your team always has a good chance to finish the season on top!

Hammock Parties
01-16-2019, 07:37 AM
The big epiphany that I had was looking back and realizing how lucky we were that our Chiefs didn't suck for Luck the year he came out. Luck is a better than average quarterback that will have a very nice career but ending up with a once in a generation talent like Patrick Mahomes is better than any one of us could have imagined. If we had Luck and had to beat Patrick every year to win a Super Bowl we would still be stuck in our next year thinking. Having a talent like Patrick Mahomes means that your team always has a good chance to finish the season on top!

The Chiefs probably win at least one Super Bowl with Andy Reid and Andrew Luck and the defenses we had in 2013-2016.

Imagine adding a 40 TD QB to a team with the #2 defense, instead of not throwing a TD to a WR the entire year.

Luck isn't just "better than average." In a good year he's a top 5 QB.

EyePod
01-16-2019, 08:55 AM

And is smart enough to leave me the **** alone when I get like that. :D

I'm a Chiefs and a Braves fan.. :-/

EyePod
01-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Yes..it was an initiation into what it feels like to go into the playoffs and actually expect to win.

It's telling how far, we as fans, have fallen when you think the divisional round is some kind of epic accomplishment. Jaguars did it last year with BLAKE BORTLES.....jesus.

It's house money only because we have low expectations...that said...I think KC is going to curbstomp them in 5 degree weather.

Eh, there's ebb and flow. Not every team is the Patriots. But we can become them!!!

Tonka83
01-16-2019, 09:05 AM
The Chiefs probably win at least one Super Bowl with Andy Reid and Andrew Luck and the defenses we had in 2013-2016.

Imagine adding a 40 TD QB to a team with the #2 defense, instead of not throwing a TD to a WR the entire year.

Luck isn't just "better than average." In a good year he's a top 5 QB.

I agree with this 100% Luck is a great quarterback and it's had to say where we would now if we had been able to draft him, but I would not rule out a Superbowl run or two. With that said, I am so glad things worked out the way they have. It looks like a very fun ride for a long time to come.

BigRedChief
01-16-2019, 09:23 AM

It'll be OK.

Why?

Yeah, it truly is. I guess it just took me a season of Mahomes to purge my system of the last 30 years of being a Chiefs fan.I've been there in person when most of our collapses have occurred. I was a mess watching the game. When we fumbled, got a blocked punt etc, I thought shit, here we go. I couldn't eat or really enjoy the game even though we were up 3 scores until late in the game. My paranoia amused many.:)

Now, that feeling of doom is completely gone. Like Frazod and others have posted, the game cleansed me. I have no feelings of doom. They are just gone. I can just enjoy the next playoff game. I think we will win but if we don't, I wont be devastated like those other losses. Just regular fan disappointment. It feels good to be in that place. :D

milkman
01-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Ask Jim (Logical) about next year.
Ask saccapoo.

eDave
01-16-2019, 11:09 AM
I'll be much more upset if we lose this game than if we lose the SB.

I'm all in for this game. Getting nervous to just watch it. LOL

siberian khatru
01-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Ask saccapoo.

Ask Yordano Ventura

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Ask saccapoo.

Again, I think you're kind of missing the point.

milkman
01-16-2019, 01:16 PM
Again, I think you're kind of missing the point.

No, I get it.

We are looking just looking at it from different perspectives.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2019, 01:27 PM

Yup. We have a lot of contracts in flux. We may never be this healthy this late. Who knows when the next afc championship HOME game will be. Im optimistic about the future. But I'm not even thinking about next year. In our history, we've never been so well built to take it right now.

Ive been thinking about how the narrative the last game was about how we clowned them and if we had hoodie and Brady figured out. This year it's us with the chip on our shoulder because of our earlier season loss.

Reid is out for blood. Mahomes is out for blood. God I hope our defense is too.

milkman
01-16-2019, 01:41 PM
Yup. We have a lot of contracts in flux. We may never be this healthy this late. Who knows when the next afc championship HOME game will be. Im optimistic about the future. But I'm not even thinking about next year. In our history, we've never been so well built to take it right now.

Ive been thinking about how the narrative the last game was about how we clowned them and if we had hoodie and Brady figured out. This year it's us with the chip on our shoulder because of our earlier season loss.

Reid is out for blood. Mahomes is out for blood. God I hope our defense is too.

I really think that replacing Parker and Scandrick with Lucus and Ward has really changed the dynamic of this defense.

The improved coverage and tackling on the back end allows for more attacking on the front end.

I'll be surprised is they give up 20 points.

staylor26
01-16-2019, 01:48 PM
I really think that replacing Parker and Scandrick with Lucus and Ward has really changed the dynamic of this defense.

The improved coverage and tackling on the back end allows for more attacking on the front end.

I'll be surprised is they give up 20 points.

This is why I wouldn’t put Berry in that starting role. I think he should play Murray’s role.

They won’t do it, but I don’t want to mess with what’s working for somebody that hasn’t finished a game yet.

milkman
01-16-2019, 01:56 PM
This is why I wouldn’t put Berry in that starting role. I think he should play Murray’s role.

They won’t do it, but I don’t want to mess with what’s working for somebody that hasn’t finished a game yet.

I'd be just fine with Berry in a very limited role.

WilliamTheIrish
01-17-2019, 01:46 PM

Its so funny. I had some nerves on the Sunday prior to the game. But I was calm from Monday to Saturday just waiting for the game.

I was clam because we now have one of those QB thingies that we pined for. And I knew this year was different. I felt the Chiefs would win a close game against the Colts.

Now, I know we will destroy the Pats. They are now the team that is simply "in the way" of the Chiefs taking what is theirs.

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 05:33 PM
No, I get it.

We are looking just looking at it from different perspectives.

Oh that's true. You're an old fart. :D

Chiefshrink
01-17-2019, 05:39 PM

Just for lack of game shape alone. No way is he a 100% cardio game shape let alone hitting shape.:shake: Limited sure. Maybe just red zone possessions.:shrug:

Chris Meck
01-17-2019, 07:45 PM
I'd be just fine with Berry in a very limited role.

I think a rotational player is smart. He takes Murray's reps, maybe more in particular spots.

RunKC
01-17-2019, 07:48 PM
To further emphasize the OP’s point. Mike Florio said the other day that he thinks Mahomes will win the MVP 7 times in his career.

This is just the beginning.

Discuss Thrower
01-17-2019, 07:59 PM
If Berry can go on a snapcount, then deploy him anytime it's a 3rd and 4 or more to go and have him man on Gronk.