PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Injury update [everyone's up except DOD]

Pages : [1] 2

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-16-2019, 11:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry will practice today for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1085596279353339910?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid says only LB Dorian O&#39;Daniel won&#39;t practice today. That means S Eric Berry will practice today in some capacity.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1085596405044006912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
01-16-2019, 11:56 AM
I'm sure it will be limited.

OKchiefs
The question is will he be limited and then miss the next two days of practice before not playing on Sunday?

Sassy Squatch
Lawl.

OKchiefs
DOD is more important at this point.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-16-2019, 11:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reid says plan for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif this week will be day-by-day. Will rotate in with the first team. Same plan for Eric Berry.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1085596579694809088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pointer19
01-16-2019, 11:58 AM
I may take flak for this, but... am I the only one who doesn't want Berry to play Sunday? I feel like he's given up on the team.

RunKC
01-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Goddamnit we really need DOD for this game IMO

The Franchise
01-16-2019, 11:59 AM

This.

Skyy God
01-16-2019, 12:01 PM
I may take flak for this, but... am I the only one who doesn't want Berry to play Sunday? I feel like he's given up on the team.

Nope.

I’d rather play guys that are in game shape. Same applies to LDT.

Also, they must think Yelder is promising at TE to keep him over Parker (who sucks but at least knows the system).

Jerm
01-16-2019, 12:02 PM

Whatever it takes to get the win...whether that's Berry playing 1 play, 10 plays, 25 plays...it doesn't matter.

threebag
01-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Yeah I am sick of the Berry-Go-Round

HemiEd
01-16-2019, 12:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reid says plan for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif this week will be day-by-day. Will rotate in with the first team. Same plan for Eric Berry.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1085596579694809088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:clap:

big nasty kcnut
01-16-2019, 12:07 PM
I don't think berry gave up shit.

O.city
01-16-2019, 12:08 PM
I've been on the other side of it, but I'm a bit hopeful for EB this week. I think he'll play and make a difference.

I haven't felt that way in a while.

He could be huge in that he could play that DOD role and help with the guys out of the backfield.

Also, what the hell happened to DOD?

Kiimo
01-16-2019, 12:08 PM
lmao on Berry giving up on the team you guys are a riot

RollChiefsRoll
01-16-2019, 12:09 PM
I've been on the other side of it, but I'm a bit hopeful for EB this week. I think he'll play and make a difference.

He could be huge in that he could play that DOD role and help with the guys out of the backfield.

I saw him limping off the field into the locker room after the Raiders game. Something's up with one of his legs.

Why Not?
01-16-2019, 12:10 PM
Agree we need DOD this week. Sprinkle in a little Berry here and there. Expecting anything close to a full game from him is unrealistic

The Franchise
01-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Mahomes can end Brady.

Berry can end Gronkowski.

TambaBerry
01-16-2019, 12:13 PM
god we need Berry to play this one game and shut Gronk down, then DoD to play and shut down the rb out of the backfield. If they can play ill feel really good about this game

Kiimo
01-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Hey remember earlier in the season when we talked about Berry doing cortisone shots to get though the game but some medical person was like you can only do that a couple times before it has negative effects, it won't last long term?

A couple of times, a couple of games. Prepare the syringe.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Agree we need DOD this week. Sprinkle in a little Berry here and there. Expecting anything close to a full game from him is unrealistic

I think he has a calf contusion which really makes it hard to run. I am guessing after nearly 3 weeks he should be getting close.

staylor26
01-16-2019, 12:22 PM
I think he has a calf contusion which really makes it hard to run. I am guessing after nearly 3 weeks he should be getting close.

I thought they said it was an ankle injury

fan4ever
01-16-2019, 12:28 PM

I know a lot of people all season long have given Berry shit about his willingness to play, and I GET the frustration, but I can't imagine that he's not dying to be out there. This is the stuff these guys dream about when they're kids...they work for all their lives...and the longer the season goes on, the more magnitude of every game. It would be hard for me to accuse any probowl player of wanting to sit on the sidelines vs. playing...especially a proven competitor like Berry. I just can't see him being that guy.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-16-2019, 12:30 PM
do we need a new thread for every injury update? I mean I get its huge this week being the AFC Championship but i mean we have a new thread for this every week.

TwistedChief
01-16-2019, 12:34 PM
I know a lot of people all season long have given Berry shit about his willingness to play, and I GET the frustration, but I can't imagine that he's not dying to be out there. This is the stuff these guys dream about when they're kids...they work for all their lives...and the longer the season goes on, the more magnitude of every game. It would be hard for me to accuse any probowl player of wanting to sit on the sidelines vs. playing...especially a proven competitor like Berry. I just can't see him being that guy.

But I read on CP that he was a brokedick loser who was just stealing money?!

Beef Supreme
01-16-2019, 12:34 PM
do we need a new thread for every injury update? I mean I get its huge this week being the AFC Championship but i mean we have a new thread for this every week.

Do you even lift?

carcosa
01-16-2019, 12:38 PM

I hope he get healthY!!!!

fan4ever
01-16-2019, 12:44 PM
But I read on CP that he was a brokedick loser who was just stealing money?!

Everyone knows the difference between good and great isn't a huge margin in the NFL. I have a feeling he's not going to go unless he feels he can make a significant improvement on whoever is on the field.

EyePod
01-16-2019, 12:45 PM

It changes every day though.

EyePod
01-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Right? He's on the sideline every game that I notice, and he's always talking to players too.

baitism
01-16-2019, 12:47 PM
DoD needs to stop being a pussy. Take some pain meds and man up.

Simply Red
01-16-2019, 12:48 PM

I think this is the best plan w/ these two players.

FloridaMan88
01-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Looks like Spencer Ware will be practicing today.

Simply Red
01-16-2019, 12:50 PM

This.

I don't disagree, but the way Bob has released RR and Hitch - I'm not overly worried, he seemed to stop pulling them back and started letting them attack more, over the last 2 weeks. Hoping they and he will keep it up.

Simply Red
01-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Looks like Spencer Ware will be practicing today.

True - I didn't even think about that. That'll be good to rotate him in. Great! :clap:

JoeyChuckles
01-16-2019, 12:54 PM

big nasty kcnut is the voice of reason on this board.

Marcellus
01-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Berry vs Gronk - Battle of the Broke Dicks.

chiefforlife
01-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Ware being up hopefully means West WONT be active, thank goodness.

milkman
01-16-2019, 01:21 PM

Mega threads suck.

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 01:22 PM
DoD needs to stop being a pussy. Take some pain meds and man up.

Nah, he's not an essential player, at least not yet. If he's hurt and there's a risk of hurting him worse, you sit him. He never even played until after the first NE game and when he did, he made a lot of mistakes. Many of those mistakes were gone by the end of the season but it's not like he's Justin Houston or Chris Jones.

Sofa King
01-16-2019, 01:22 PM

True that.

FringeNC
01-16-2019, 01:24 PM

Ware IS much better at pass protection.

UChieffyBugger
01-16-2019, 01:48 PM
THE BERRY HATERS WHEN THEY FOUND OUT HE WAS PRACTICING TODAY!!!

https://www.momjunction.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Tips-To-Deal-With-Your-Sulking-Child.jpg

Buns
01-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Berry did the pregame speech/team huddle in Divisional Round and we played the best D all year. More Berry, the better.

threebag
01-16-2019, 01:53 PM
It changes every day2day though.

Day2Day

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2019, 01:56 PM

https://www.momjunction.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Tips-To-Deal-With-Your-Sulking-Child.jpg
He practiced last week and ultimately ended up sitting out. Means nothing.

Oxford
01-16-2019, 01:56 PM
Whatever it takes to get the win...whether that's Berry playing 1 play, 10 plays, 25 plays...it doesn't matter.

G-Bob has a new position for him. It's called "Pollard"

staylor26
01-16-2019, 02:02 PM
He practiced last week and ultimately ended up sitting out. Means nothing.

Dude, they didn’t cut Parker without knowing Berry would be playing. He will play.

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2019, 02:05 PM
Dude, they didn’t cut Parker without knowing Berry would be playing. He will play.
You'd fucking think he would, but after last week where he ultimately couldn't suit up for the Colts game I won't hold my breath. I'd be ecstatic if he goes because we could really use the help against that 21 personnel that just destroys us and ODaniel doesn't seem like he'll be ready.

Dunerdr
01-16-2019, 02:09 PM
whats the actual dod injury? it says calf right?

hinde58
01-16-2019, 02:14 PM

This

ljmhawk
01-16-2019, 02:14 PM
Hey remember earlier in the season when we talked about Berry doing cortisone shots to get though the game but some medical person was like you can only do that a couple times before it has negative effects, it won't last long term?

i listens to Joe Rogan podcast when Arian Foster was on...he played a WHOLE year with a broken collar bone....and he’s a RUNNING BACK getting hit every play. Berry needs to suck it up and play, if he isn’t in it 100%, he needs to keep standing on the sideline looking like a lost homeless man

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 02:18 PM
You'd fucking think he would, but after last week where he ultimately couldn't suit up for the Colts game I won't hold my breath. I'd be ecstatic if he goes because we could really use the help against that 21 personnel that just destroys us and ODaniel doesn't seem like he'll be ready.

If they cut Parker and Berry doesn't play, it's literally one of the worst postseason personnel moves in football.

There's no way they cut Parker if they weren't sure. I refuse to believe they are that stupid. There's a lot of things we can accuse them of but I don't think stupid is one of them.

baitism
01-16-2019, 02:25 PM
Honestly, if Berry can't overcome his Haglund's nemesis for the AFCCG, I question his desire to put his body in harm's way.

kysirsoze
01-16-2019, 02:28 PM
If Berry plays a meaningful number of snaps we're going to kill them. He has been awesome against the Patriots and Gronk specifically in the past. I'm not holding my breath, but if he plays this is fucking really great news.

BWillie
01-16-2019, 02:29 PM

I'm kind of worried about him playing in this cold. His Achilles might snap in half. It's not his fault he's injury prone - but I imagine chemo will weaken your ligaments & bones for life.

El Jefe
01-16-2019, 02:30 PM
If Berry plays a meaningful number of snaps we're going to kill them. He has been awesome against the Patriots and Gronk specifically in the past. I'm not holding my breath, but if he plays this is ****ing really great news.

Me too, I completely disagree with those who say "I don't care if he plays at all". Lets be honest, if he can come in and ball out for a quarter or two, and that helps us win an AFC Title, I am completely fine with that, hell, even if he only plays 6 plays, but it helps cause two 3 and outs, I am all for it.

-King-
01-16-2019, 02:59 PM

DoD is a pussy who won't even practice on the biggest week in chiefs recent history. Fuck him. Quitter.

Dunerdr
01-16-2019, 03:08 PM
ideally dod is ready for kamara and the saints in a few weeks!

suzzer99
01-16-2019, 03:10 PM

That very well could be what's happening. I've suspected for a while it's something like that. Like he knows he can go for 1-2 games then it will flair up too much to control.

suzzer99
01-16-2019, 03:11 PM

You absolutely know he's dying to get out there.

Now that Watkins is back, some of the other players are talking now about how bad he wanted to be out there and how frustrating it was for him. But I think as long as the player is still injured they're under some kind of gag order.

Which I don't get because one heartfelt interview from the player would change everything - instead of this silent treatment BS. But I guess they don't want to give anything away. I dunno.

suzzer99
01-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Did DOD leave the last game he played in early? Weird injury to get an no one notices.

threebag
01-16-2019, 03:15 PM
If they cut Parker and Berry doesn't play, it's literally one of the worst postseason personnel moves in football.

There's no way they cut Parker if they weren't sure. I refuse to believe they are that stupid. There's a lot of things we can accuse them of but I don't think stupid is one of them.

It’s not we used them against the Colts for much. They have made themselves expendable at this point. I get your reasoning but I just guess I’m not standing as close to the fire as you are. I hope EB29 is available and dressed but as for production it’s hard to get excited.

When you been on the Berry-Go-Round this long it’s hard not to feel a little sick

Imon Yourside
01-16-2019, 03:16 PM

This We will need Berry especially if DOD is out. C'mon Dorian get better fast please.

threebag
01-16-2019, 03:18 PM
This We will need Berry especially if DOD is out. C'mon Dorian get better fast please.

Yes please

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chiefs-dorian-odaniel-absent-from-practice/amp/

Tonka83
01-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Did DOD leave the last game he played in early? Weird injury to get an no one notices.

I believe he got hurt late in the Raiders game. Could be wrong though.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-16-2019, 03:20 PM
I believe he got hurt late in the Raiders game. Could be wrong though.

He has a calf contusion(bruise), they get worse before it gets better. He should be close after nearly 3 weeks.

Zebedee DuBois
01-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Mega threads suck.

tRUTH!!

Preach it, brother.

ROYC75
01-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Damn, some of you clowns need to grow up! Your childish takes on Berry is, well, childish! Same goes for those piss'n about DoD.

There isn't a player on our roster that wouldn't love to play this week, no matter how cold it is. They all want to play and help the team get that trophy and then on to the next game!

All of you haters needs to man up, stop being a child and bitching about childish reasons. Take your childish, personal beliefs ( above players health and team needs ) and shove them up your ass!

Berry will play this week and again in 2 weeks in his hometown of Atlanta, will make some big plays as he did the last time ( I was there ) he was there.

threebag
01-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Puff Puff Pass. Keep smokin the rock :)

NJChiefsFan
01-16-2019, 03:26 PM
If all berry did all year was cover gronk and get us to a sb all the drama would have been worth it.

As has been said DOD for the running backs would be huge.

Frosty
01-16-2019, 03:42 PM
If all berry did all year was cover gronk and get us to a sb all the drama would have been worth it.

As has been said DOD for the running backs would be huge.

If Berry is back, it frees Sorenson to play the nickel LB/safety position. He's not great but better than Ragland or Hitchens covering the RB.

BWillie
01-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Ben Nieman hasn't been bad. But yeah DOD is pretty good against the run.

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 04:04 PM
DOD has been decent against the run. He hasn't been particularly good in pass coverage.

He's still very inconsistent and despite his athletic ability, the Chiefs need to execute even better against the Patriots than they did against the Colts.

DOD is a loss. But it isn't a HUGE loss like some are making it out to be.

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 04:04 PM
If Berry is back, it frees Sorenson to play the nickel LB/safety position. He's not great but better than Ragland or Hitchens covering the RB.

More than likely, Berry will be playing up with Sorenson over the top.

ThaVirus
01-16-2019, 04:23 PM

They'd just check to a run against that front. With Sorenson in the box, they're going to win that battle in a landslide.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Eric Berry was FP

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry given the “FP” practice designation on Wednesday. <a href="https://t.co/SpxVblf0gr">https://t.co/SpxVblf0gr</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1085664986532405248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
Eric Berry was FP

WOOT!

ChiTown
01-16-2019, 04:30 PM
The **** is wrong with you people? We can beat the Pats with or without DOD, Ware, EB and LDT.

Patrick ****ing Mahomes is going to take it to these assholes

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 04:32 PM
The **** is wrong with you people? We can beat the Pats with or without DOD, Ware, EB and LDT.

While that is true, having any or all of them back just makes it better.

RollChiefsRoll
01-16-2019, 04:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry given the “FP” practice designation on Wednesday. <a href="https://t.co/SpxVblf0gr">https://t.co/SpxVblf0gr</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1085664986532405248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://media.giphy.com/media/1482hCQhu36bq8/giphy.gif

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Probably got one of those shots then. Great news regardless

suzzer99
01-16-2019, 04:53 PM
If we get Berry, DoD and LDT back for the Superbowl - will that mean the only player we lost for the year to injury was DAT?

dannybcaitlyn
01-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Would sure like DOD back for all the passes to the running backs NE will do.

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Would sure like DOD back for all the passes to the running backs NE will do.

He wasn't really all that good covering running backs.

KCUnited
01-16-2019, 05:08 PM
Maybe all Breeland Speaks needs is to miss a couple games due to injury so people will start to inflate his ability to come screaming off the edge upon his return.

ChiTown
01-16-2019, 05:08 PM
While that is true, having any or all of them back just makes it better.

Sure, I hope we have them back in a couple weeks, but it ain’t gonna make a difference this weekend:)

jaa1025
01-16-2019, 05:10 PM
I personally would rather Berry and Watkins limited practice this week and leading up to the SB.

The Franchise
01-16-2019, 05:15 PM
Sure, I hope we have them back in a couple weeks, but it ain’t gonna make a difference this weekend:)

Berry will......hopefully.

Whatever keeps Sorenson from hanging out around the LOS.

Pushead2
01-16-2019, 05:20 PM

This.

MVChiefFan
01-16-2019, 05:30 PM
If we get Berry, DoD and LDT back for the Superbowl - will that mean the only player we lost for the year to injury was DAT?

Armani Watts

JohnnyHammersticks
01-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Do the haters really think he doesn't want to be out there? Really??? Come on. You can't fool the guys in the locker room. They know. They wouldn't still revere him like they obviously do if he was jaking it. I get the frustration, but I'm sure he's more frustrated than all of us combined.

He's going to make plays over the next 3 weeks that make the doubters feel like fools, just watch. Gonna be a lot of post-deleting going on.

Eric Freaking Berry is going to dance on the haters' faces, bad heels and all.

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Probably got one of those shots then. Great news regardless

Oh please you sit there talk trash, question the guys heart, and call him a pussy for weeks... Now you want to flip flop and get all happy that he is playing like you are a fan of his. **** off.

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 05:44 PM

If Berry is a full participant in practice, he's going to make a difference this weekend.

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 05:44 PM
Oh please you sit there talk trash, question the guys heart, and call him a pussy for weeks... Now you want to flip flop and get all happy that he is playing like you are a fan of his. **** off.

Not really the time for this man.

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2019, 05:45 PM
Not really the time for this man.

Alright my bad. Big game gotta unite.

CoMoChief
01-16-2019, 05:46 PM
Does anyone really think Berry will make much of an impact other than being a coach on the field?

FWIW, I want EB to come back and be a force just as much as anyone here. But is that a legitimate reality?

I understand the field general part helps, he knows the defense and can communicate and tell guys to do xyz, but from a production standpoint, in this chilled weather, does anyone think he's going to be up to speed and have that same EB explosiveness and close-in speed we're all used to, on a gimpy foot?

My main concern is that something happens, or he's just not the same, can't cut or explode as well, and gets burned all game long.

Hopefully the front7 puts Brady on his ass and stops the run well enough to where it won't matter.

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2019, 05:48 PM
I'm not a fan of Berry, just the uniform he wears. I just understand the fact that if he plays it helps immensely against a team like the Patriots.

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2019, 05:49 PM
I'm not a fan of Berry, just the uniform he wears. I just understand the fact that if he plays it helps immensely against a team like the Patriots.

Okay I gotcha...

Chief Northman
01-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Play Lucas. He’s better each time out.

0-2 with Berry in the lineup. It’s like the rest of the defense relaxes when he’s out there, presuming he will magically make all the plays. Berry can be a positive in run support, but he’s been a non-factor in coverage.

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Does anyone really think Berry will make much of an impact other than being a coach on the field?

FWIW, I want EB to come back and be a force just as much as anyone here. But is that a legitimate reality?

I understand the field general part helps, he knows the defense and can communicate and tell guys to do xyz, but from a production standpoint, in this chilled weather, does anyone think he's going to be up to speed and have that same EB explosiveness and close-in speed we're all used to, on a gimpy foot?

My main concern is that something happens, or he's just not the same, can't cut or explode as well, and gets burned all game long.

Hopefully the front7 puts Brady on his ass and stops the run well enough to where it won't matter.

If he does get burned, it won't be all game long. Andy Reid isn't going to let that happen.

TwistedChief
01-16-2019, 05:59 PM
I'm not a fan of Berry, just the uniform he wears.

So many emotions in trying to respond to this, but I'll leave it with a simple one:
:facepalm:

Chief Pagan
01-16-2019, 06:01 PM
Berry vs Gronk - Battle of the Broke Dicks.

True. Gronk has been a shell of his old self. Even with a bad heel, I don't see Gronk being able to run away from Berry. Might be a good match up.

CoMoChief
01-16-2019, 06:02 PM
If he does get burned, it won't be all game long. Andy Reid isn't going to let that happen.

Are you suuuuure? :(

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Are you suuuuure? :(

Come on man.

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2019, 06:09 PM
So many emotions in trying to respond to this, but I'll leave it with a simple one:
Sorry, but after he and his agent used PR to hold the franchise hostage for more money then turned around and did virtually nothing after getting it I'm not too concerned with him one way or another.

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2019, 06:16 PM
This team has done an excellent job of making me look like a fucking idiot all year, so I'm just doing my due diligence.

CoMoChief
01-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Come on man.

i know....pozitiv vibez :clap:

Kiimo
01-16-2019, 06:28 PM

Well it's gotta be one. Hitchens, Ragland or Haglund.

NJChiefsFan
01-16-2019, 07:01 PM
Well it's gotta be one. Hitchens, Ragland or Haglund.

You just blew my mind.

Shaid
01-16-2019, 07:26 PM
Was hoping for DOD to shadow their RBs.

threebag
01-16-2019, 07:45 PM

Oh Shit, It’s Happening

threebag
01-16-2019, 07:55 PM
Eric Freaking Berry is going to dance on the haters' faces, bad heels and all.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/6YBZW/broken-spirit/image.gif

BossChief
01-17-2019, 01:16 AM
LDT says he’s a full go and that it’s up to coach where he plays. Gonna be interesting to see the starting lineup

Gonna be great if Eric can go the whole game...or at least till we have an insurmountable lead.

UChieffyBugger
01-17-2019, 05:07 AM
Play Lucas. He’s better each time out.

0-2 with Berry in the lineup. It’s like the rest of the defense relaxes when he’s out there, presuming he will magically make all the plays. Berry can be a positive in run support, but he’s been a non-factor in coverage.

Are yall still peddling that "0-2" bs like the rest if the defense wasn't on the field during all four loses? SMH ROFL

jaa1025
01-17-2019, 05:13 AM

I don't trust Sorenson over the top but I want Berry up close.

Personally, I want Berry up close and Lucas back with Sorenson as a 3rd safety at times.

Skyy God
01-17-2019, 06:09 AM

Personally, I want Berry up close and Lucas back with Sorenson as a 3rd safety at times.

Given the Pats’ reliance on White and Michel, we’re going to see a lot of 3 safety sets.

tyreekthefreak
01-17-2019, 07:13 AM

It's the short routes that could beat us...Getting burned deep is not my worry. Pats running backs are what to watch for.

Aspengc8
01-17-2019, 07:18 AM
Given the Pats’ reliance on White and Michel, we’re going to see a lot of 3 safety sets.

I'm really hoping for DoD to be back for this game. Would rather have him stay with White when he hits the flats. I don't like Sorensen on him and rather have Berry on Gronk.

bricks
01-17-2019, 08:20 AM

Yes but having Berry gives them better matchups and allows the D to create more pressure with their front 4.

We need him to help take away Gronk in the passing game. There is no better player on the roster to do that than Berry. Hopefully he is healthy enough and in the proper shape to do it.

Plus, also having Fuller is gonna be a big factor. I'd line him up in the slot to take out Edelmen. There is no other better slot corner in this league that I'd have face Edelmen than Fuller.

Its the Edelmens and the Gronks we gotta worry about in this one. Dangerous weapons bro.

I think the key is playing those two in press man to man coverage schemes and let the front 4 pressure Brady. Hopefully Sutton does that this Sunday. I would like to see that.

Yeah Mahomes makes a lot of us feel confident I get that, but that confidence is taken to greater heights the more fully equipped we will be to beat these guys. That's how I see it.

Ribbs67
01-17-2019, 09:48 AM

This was were I was at right up until I heard him say that he COULD have played..but his spirit wasn't feeling it.... For like 3 games when we REALLY needed the guy. Don't sit there and try and sugar coat this. Him and his spirit really put this team in some precarious " have to win " unnecessary situations. I blame him and the coaching staff for the way this was handled. If I hadn't heard that actually come out of his mouth..I might feel differently. Do I want the guy to play..of course I do! He still has game and still our best DB. He needs to ball out and better play the whole damn game unless it's a blowout or be carted off the field.. because he has screwed this team and us fans all year if he doesn't. And so help me God if he's on the sidelines with 2 min play and Brady has the ball in a 1 score game.. I will lose my shit.. literally...

Hoover
01-17-2019, 09:53 AM
This was were I was at right up until I heard him say that he COULD have played..but his spirit wasn't feeling it.... For like 3 games when we REALLY needed the guy. Don't sit there and try and sugar coat this. Him and his spirit really put this team in some precarious " have to win " unnecessary situations. I blame him and the coaching staff for the way this was handled. If I hadn't heard that actually come out of his mouth..I might feel differently. Do I want the guy to play..of course I do! He still has game and still our best DB. He needs to ball out and better play the whole damn game unless it's a blowout or be carted off the field.. because he has screwed this team and us fans all year if he doesn't. And so help me God if he's on the sidelines with 2 min play and Brady has the ball in a 1 score game.. I will lose my shit.. literally...
I think this is all about Berry managing pain.

So he could have played last week, but then probably couldn't go this week. So he sits vs the Colts so that he can play in the AFC Championship game, then has two weeks to get ready for the Super Bowl.

I'm not surprised by any of this, and I also think that if the Chiefs win it all, I could see him retiring.

threebag
01-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Retiring would be a good move. The Berry-Go-Round really sucks.

jjchieffan
01-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Yes but having Berry gives them better matchups and allows the D to create more pressure with their front 4.

We need him to help take away Gronk in the passing game. There is no better player on the roster to do that than Berry. Hopefully he is healthy enough and in the proper shape to do it.

lus, also having Fuller is gonna be a big factor. I'd line him up in the slot to take out Edelmen. There is no other better slot corner in this league that I'd have face Edelmen than Fuller.

Its the Edelmens and the Gronks we gotta worry about in this one. Dangerous weapons bro.

I think the key is playing those two in press man to man coverage schemes and let the front 4 pressure Brady. Hopefully Sutton does that this Sunday. I would like to see that.

Yeah Mahomes makes a lot of us feel confident I get that, but that confidence is taken to greater heights the more fully equipped we will be to beat these guys. That's how I see it.

Not attacking you specifically, but I keep hearing everyone talking about Edelman and Gronk. But nobody seems to be concerned about White. White just destroyed the Chargers last week. He had something like 15 catches, which tied a postseason record. Someone better be in his hip pocket the whole time. If Berry is on Gronk, and Fuller is on Edelman, then Sorenson or Lucas better be on White.

YayMike
01-17-2019, 11:51 AM
Not attacking you specifically, but I keep hearing everyone talking about Edelman and Gronk. But nobody seems to be concerned about White. White just destroyed the Chargers last week. He had something like 15 catches, which tied a postseason record. Someone better be in his hip pocket the whole time. If Berry is on Gronk, and Fuller is on Edelman, then Sorenson or Lucas better be on White.

This is where I wish DOD was healthy...he was drafted literally for this type of situation!!!

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-17-2019, 11:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dorian O’Daniel is the only <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> player who will miss practice Thursday.<br><br>That means Eric Berry, Spencer Ware and LDT will practice.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1085958814027968512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiTown
01-17-2019, 11:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dorian O’Daniel is the only <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> player who will miss practice Thursday.<br><br>That means Eric Berry, Spencer Ware and LDT will practice.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1085958814027968512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JJyDYEX1tXFmCd2/giphy.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-17-2019, 12:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I see him out there looking like Eric Berry.” <br><br>- Andy Reid on how Berry has looked in practice this week.</p>&mdash; Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Matt/status/1085959833470275585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcellus
01-17-2019, 12:11 PM
Sorry, but after he and his agent used PR to hold the franchise hostage for more money then turned around and did virtually nothing after getting it I'm not too concerned with him one way or another.

You couldn't be any more wrong or stupid if you tried.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-17-2019, 12:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bob Sutton, when asked about Eric Berry and what to expect: “Won’t know until Sunday, probably” said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> will be ready to step in if necessary.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1085963535946006538?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
01-17-2019, 12:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I see him out there looking like Eric Berry.” <br><br>- Andy Reid on how Berry has looked in practice this week.</p>&mdash; Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Matt/status/1085959833470275585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Which Berry?

Pre cancer Berry?
Post cancer Berry?
Haglunds Berry?

RunKC
01-17-2019, 12:17 PM
He’s going to play.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs DT Derrick Nnadi said he expects Eric Berry (heel) to play Sunday. And added, when Eric is on the field it’s a completely different defense. Not the first player I’ve heard that second part from.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1085962791859773440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
01-17-2019, 12:21 PM
Ugh this is what worries me about not having O’Daniel

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs LB #53 Anthony Hitchens has struggled in man coverage this season:<br><br>• Targeted 25 times<br>• Allowed 22 receptions<br>• Allowed 3 TD’s<br>• Allowed passer rating of 142.4 when targeted<br><br>New England took advantage 3 times with James White, for an easy 35 yards <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PatriotsFilm?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PatriotsFilm</a>: <a href="https://t.co/lw1QcVRN7G">pic.twitter.com/lw1QcVRN7G</a></p>&mdash; Patriots Film (@PatriotsFilm) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatriotsFilm/status/1085761155757264897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
01-17-2019, 12:24 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs LB #53 Anthony Hitchens has struggled in man coverage this season:<br><br>• Targeted 25 times<br>• Allowed 22 receptions<br>• Allowed 3 TD’s<br>• Allowed passer rating of 142.4 when targeted<br><br>New England took advantage 3 times with James White, for an easy 35 yards <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PatriotsFilm?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PatriotsFilm</a>: <a href="https://t.co/lw1QcVRN7G">pic.twitter.com/lw1QcVRN7G</a></p>&mdash; Patriots Film (@PatriotsFilm) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatriotsFilm/status/1085761155757264897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wasn't he hurt during that period of time?

He's looked better lately....so hopefully that's not just a mirage.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-17-2019, 12:24 PM
I’d put Sorenson on White

Sassy Squatch
01-17-2019, 12:26 PM
Put Berry in run support.

DRM08
01-17-2019, 12:26 PM

Brady gonna try to give White another 15 catches just like last weekend. Chiefs gotta find a way to cover better than the Chargers.

BWillie
01-17-2019, 12:35 PM

yes yes yes take the needle berry

do it

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/16/33/480x229/gallery-1471449462-72.jpg

Iconic
01-17-2019, 12:37 PM
The one person we actually need most this week still isn't practicing. Go figure... pray they find a way to get DoD on the field Sunday.

In58men
01-17-2019, 12:38 PM
The one person we actually need most this week still isn't practicing. Go figure... pray they find a way to get DoD on the field Sunday.

We can without him. Save him for the SB.

Believe.

Sassy Squatch
01-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Don't think he'd be too effective even if he played. Wasn't it a muscle strain in his calf/ankle?

ChiTown
01-17-2019, 12:47 PM

Come on......this isn't even close to being true.

DRM08
01-17-2019, 12:47 PM

If he’s injured then it does no good to have him on the field. Could actually be a liability for KC defense.

Stinger
01-17-2019, 12:56 PM
If he’s injured then it does no good to have him on the field. Could actually be a liability for KC defense.

You don't think the coaches have put that line of thought into consideration?

UChieffyBugger
01-17-2019, 12:57 PM
BERRY HATERS FINDING OUT THAT HE'S PRACTICING FOR THE SECOND DAY IN A ROW SO THE BED WETTING HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR ANOTHER 24 HOURS!!

https://pro.psychcentral.com/exhausted-woman/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/01/anger_child.jpg

Rain Man
01-17-2019, 12:57 PM

That's what I'm thinking. With O'Daniel out, Sorensen should be playing a lot.

suzzer99
01-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Lucas all the way. He's been good in that role.

UChieffyBugger
01-17-2019, 01:02 PM
And for those talking about DOD. The Colts had Hilton (number one WR and a genuine deep ball threat) , Ebron (Most TD's by a TE this season) , Mack (stacking up tons of yards), Luck (second most TD's this season and is also mobile with his legs) and the best O-line in football to protect him. I know Brady will be a factor, but realistically the do the Pats have a better offense than the Colts? I don't think so.

TLO
01-17-2019, 01:03 PM
BERRY HATERS FINDING OUT THAT HE'S PRACTICING FOR THE SECOND DAY IN A ROW SO THE BED WETTING HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR ANOTHER 24 HOURS!!

https://pro.psychcentral.com/exhausted-woman/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/01/anger_child.jpg

If you weren't such a faggot I'd give you an up-vote

Sassy Squatch
01-17-2019, 01:09 PM
If you weren't such a faggot I'd give you an up-vote
I left him alone since he's legitimately retarded and can't help himself, but do you actually believe that anyone here is upset at the fact that Berry is going to play Sunday.

old_geezer
01-17-2019, 01:11 PM

Didn't realize Mahomes was injured. :shrug:

DJ's left nut
01-17-2019, 01:15 PM

Plus, also having Fuller is gonna be a big factor. I'd line him up in the slot to take out Edelmen. There is no other better slot corner in this league that I'd have face Edelmen than Fuller.

And Ward is FAR better in man coverage, press-man specifically, than he is in zone or even off-man coverages.

He's absolutely capable of straight up shutting down Hogan. Dorsett might give him trouble on double moves and beat him a time or two, but that's where the pass rush has to punish Brady and prevent him from having the time/space to step into a throw to a route that requires time to develop.

Fuller will slide inside on Nickel sets, as he has all season, and he'll be tasked with sticking to Edelman - like you, I think he'll be up for it. Nelson will get beat a time or two, do his job a time or two and hopefully simply not be a factor in the outcome either way.

It's gonna come down to A) avoiding picks/rubs and B) hanging with White just long enough. Without DoD, Hitchens is probably our best bet and that's only vaguely terrifying. Alternatively you trust Berry there (figuring that he's likely going to be coming downhill in run support anyway) and have Hitchens on the shell of Gronk - really not a bad idea.

Everything - I mean absolutely everything - about this balance sheet says that the Chiefs match up extremely well against the Patriots. It's 100% boogeyman shit from Bill Belichick that has me nervous and nothing else. BB is the only thing that can win this game for NE. Either he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and has those guys playing well above their true talent level or the Pats lose by double digits.

The Chiefs are a much more talented team with matchup advantages all over the field.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2019, 01:17 PM

Dude - who exactly are you listening to?

EVERYONE is terrified of White. Like literally anyone I've spoken to or listened to opine on the subject have all mentioned the very real possibility that James White fist-fucks us on Sunday.

UChieffyBugger
01-17-2019, 01:28 PM
I left him alone since he's legitimately retarded and can't help himself, but do you actually believe that anyone here is upset at the fact that Berry is going to play Sunday.

And right on cue, one of the haters be like

https://breakingthecode.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kid-crying.jpg

ROFL

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-17-2019, 01:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry was working with the 1s along with Daniel Sorensen in one of the drills we saw.</p>&mdash; Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) <a href="https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1085984827168509952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FringeNC
01-17-2019, 01:47 PM
I don't think this has been posted yet. If so, deal with it. Also, interesting tweet in there that I don't know how to embed.

Chiefs' Andy Reid not concerned about rusty Eric Berry

Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry, arguably the most-closely watched day-to-day player in the league, appears on track to play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the New England Patriots.

Berry, whose heel injury prevented him from playing in the Chiefs' win over the Colts in the Divisional Round, is expected to practice Thursday after putting in a full session Wednesday.

And even better, the Chiefs like what they've seen out the star safety.

"He looked good out there," head coach Andy Reid told reporters Thursday when asked if he was concerned about any lingering rust. "I see him out there looking like Eric Berry."

The Chiefs signaled their confidence in Berry's potential availability when they waived veteran safety Ron Parker earlier in the week. Parker re-signed with the Chiefs in early September to bolster depth while Berry dealt with the heel injury, and appeared in 15 games with 14 starts for the Chiefs in 2018.

Getting Berry on the field against the Patriots goes beyond his play-making skills. As one of the clear defensive leaders, especially on the back end of coverage, Berry assumes a large role in communicating with teammates how and where to line up, attributes that will be needed against Tom Brady and Co. at Arrowhead Stadium.

Friday's injury report will provide a good indication whether Berry plays Sunday, but so far, so good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011280/article/chiefs-andy-reid-not-concerned-about-rusty-eric-berry

T-post Tom
01-17-2019, 01:52 PM

:clap: I want Berry to excel, but I can't imagine him being up to game speed after all the time he's missed on top of the chronic injury. Maybe SB with the 2 weeks off, but I think the Chiefs might be better off letting him sit this week. If he plays, I hope he proves me wrong. Whatever it takes to win.

Sassy Squatch
01-17-2019, 01:54 PM
:clap: I want Berry to excel, but I can't imagine him being up to game speed after all the time he's missed on top of the chronic injury. Maybe SB with the 2 weeks off, but I think the Chiefs might be better off letting him sit this week. If he plays, I hope he proves me wrong. Whatever it takes to win.
Rotate him and Lucas and keep him fresh.

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 01:56 PM
He's absolutely capable of straight up shutting down Hogan.

Which would have won the October game by the way.

Down the stretch they shut down Edelman and Hogan killed them. Then Shaw ended up on Gronk and game over.

old_geezer
01-17-2019, 02:26 PM

I've been one of the doubters that he can make it back and perform at anything close to what he used to be. I hope he makes me look like a complete idiot and proves me wrong.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2019, 02:31 PM
Which would have won the October game by the way.

Down the stretch they shut down Edelman and Hogan killed them. Then Shaw ended up on Gronk and game over.

I mean if only the Patriots wouldn't have played a perfect, penalty free game that totally and seriously didn't have a single penalty committed by the home team.

Darn our luck, man...

Dunerdr
01-17-2019, 02:41 PM
I've been one of the doubters that he can make it back and perform at anything close to what he used to be. I hope he makes me look like a complete idiot and proves me wrong.

lets be honest, if he plays as well as parker but helps get other guys in position its a W. lets also be honest he looked alot better than parker when he did play earlier in the season.

Sassy Squatch
01-17-2019, 02:43 PM
lets be honest, if he plays as well as parker but helps get other guys in position its a W. lets also be honest he looked alot better than parker when he did play earlier in the season.
That is a ridiculously low bar to set.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-17-2019, 02:50 PM
what's with everyone overstating DOD's value to this defense? The man played 300 snaps with mixed results at best.

My God, I don't want to hear another fucking word about DOD. Stop being scared of James White, you pussies.

ChiTown
01-17-2019, 02:55 PM
I mean if only the Patriots wouldn't have played a perfect, penalty free game that totally and seriously didn't have a single penalty committed by the home team.

Darn our luck, man...

LOL - Zero penalties for the Pats in a game that had 71 total passes throw by both teams. No offensive holding, not def holding or PI's.........LMFAO!

TimeForWasp
01-17-2019, 02:56 PM
With several players coming back. Who sits out????

old_geezer
01-17-2019, 02:57 PM

He could be in a full body cast and play better than Parker.

El Jefe
01-17-2019, 02:58 PM
what's with everyone overstating DOD's value to this defense? The man played 300 snaps with mixed results at best.

My God, I don't want to hear another ****ing word about DOD. Stop being scared of James White, you pussies.

I'm glad I am not the only one in this boat, show me where DOD looks like Leonard from the Colt's and then I would be worried. The guy has been mediocrely average.

El Jefe
01-17-2019, 02:58 PM

Cranges McBasketball probably sits, Glagadene Capesce probably doesn't see many minutes either.

wazu
01-17-2019, 03:02 PM
DOD has some flashes. Has potential. But he isn’t some great cover guy. Chiefs will have a DB on White and that’ll be better than DOD.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Stop being scared of James White

What he said

siberian khatru
01-17-2019, 03:12 PM
It's 100% boogeyman shit from Bill Belichick that has me nervous and nothing else. BB is the only thing that can win this game for NE. Either he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and has those guys playing well above their true talent level or the Pats lose by double digits.

I told someone the other day that BB probably will pick up on film that Ward turns his hips a quarter-inch the wrong way on certain routes, and he'll exploit that to burn him deep repeatedly.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2019, 03:29 PM
LOL - Zero penalties for the Pats in a game that had 71 total passes throw by both teams. No offensive holding, not def holding or PI's.........LMFAO!

Where a RB was literally tackled right in front of an official as the ball was being delivered in his general direction. I'm sure the zebra knew that the ball was going to the player behind him and just had the foresight to keep the flag in his pocket.

That game was such a joke.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2019, 03:30 PM

Among the safeties? Probably Murray. Though he'd still be active on gameday just in case Berry can't go the whole 60 minutes.

RBs - West
OL - Whoever the hell our backup G is at the moment.

Really no terribly difficult decisions to make there, IMO.

O.city
01-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Among the safeties? Probably Murray. Though he'd still be active on gameday just in case Berry can't go the whole 60 minutes.

RBs - West
OL - Whoever the hell our backup G is at the moment.

Really no terribly difficult decisions to make there, IMO.

I wish they would take a similar approach to baseball and expand the active roster in the playoffs.

Nothing crazy, but like, let you have 48 active or something.

threebag
01-17-2019, 03:49 PM
If you weren't such a pillowbitergot I'd give you an up-vote

You’re such a faggot I gave you a down vote

Jewish Rabbi
01-17-2019, 03:51 PM
I wish they would take a similar approach to baseball and expand the active roster in the playoffs.

Baseball doesn’t expand the rosters in the playoffs

ModSocks
01-17-2019, 04:12 PM

My God, I don't want to hear another fucking word about DOD. Stop being scared of James White, you pussies.

I feel the same way about Armani Watts.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-17-2019, 04:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry was a full participant at practice again today for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>. <a href="https://t.co/oZTERmCV4P">pic.twitter.com/oZTERmCV4P</a></p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1086023547858882560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
01-17-2019, 04:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry was a full participant at practice again today for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>. <a href="https://t.co/oZTERmCV4P">pic.twitter.com/oZTERmCV4P</a></p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1086023547858882560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The healthiest we've been all season for the most important game of the season. I just wish Kareem didn't smack a bitch.

big nasty kcnut
01-17-2019, 04:30 PM
We are going to be great!

smithandrew051
01-17-2019, 04:31 PM
The healthiest we've been all season for the most important game of the season. I just wish Kareem didn't smack a bitch.

Smacking might’ve been fine. Kicking is where he really crossed the line.

Just stay in your fucking room, Kareem!!!!!

DJ's left nut
01-17-2019, 04:39 PM

They...um....don't do that.

TambaBerry
01-17-2019, 04:43 PM
Smacking might’ve been fine. Kicking is where he really crossed the line.

Just stay in your ****ing room, Kareem!!!!!

Get a better posse

Imon Yourside
01-17-2019, 04:44 PM

Yet Kelce was tackled in the End zone.

Sassy Squatch
01-17-2019, 04:44 PM
Get a better posse
Or stop drinking.

suzzer99
01-17-2019, 04:46 PM
I think Kareem needed to get busted enough to get suspended a little, but not kicked off the team. He didn't seem to be learning anything and he and his crew were getting into more and more altercations. I feel like even if he stayed in that room that night, it was a matter of time before he got into more hot water.

We can be thankful a) TMZ didn't release that tape right before the playoffs and b) Damien Williams is pretty damn good.

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 04:50 PM
Or stop drinking.

Or stop lying to your employer.

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 04:52 PM

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fn5oYbKrHYXylq%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

BWillie
01-17-2019, 10:06 PM
And right on cue, one of the haters be like

https://breakingthecode.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kid-crying.jpg

ROFL

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51VbQgyJdyL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Titty Meat
01-17-2019, 10:08 PM
Wish DOD was playing but yall we underestimate the FUCK out of Houston, Berry, and Sorenson playing this time around. They killed us in the flats last time around. Big if but if you can shut that down and maintain against the run and make Brady beat you up top....

Titty Meat
01-17-2019, 10:10 PM
Does anyone else feel comfortable putting Fuller on Edelman at all times mix it up between Berry and Ward with Gronk

FloridaMan88
01-17-2019, 10:11 PM
I just wish Kareem didn't smack a bitch.

Damien Williams says Kareem who?

O.city
01-17-2019, 10:25 PM
They...um....don't do that.

Eh late September, whatever

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-18-2019, 11:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry is again at Chiefs practice, giving him a full week in advance of the AFC championship game.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1086321117260902400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CasselGotPeedOn
01-18-2019, 11:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry is again at Chiefs practice, giving him a full week in advance of the AFC championship game.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1086321117260902400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://i.imgur.com/2ZbtF0a.jpg

staylor26
01-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Berry having a full week of practice is big

I fully expect him to look the best he’s looked this year

RunKC
01-18-2019, 12:04 PM
Does anyone else feel comfortable putting Fuller on Edelman at all times mix it up between Berry and Ward with Gronk

Yes. I’m a little concerned bc he struggled in the last game though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs DB #23 Kendall Fuller has aligned as the slot CB over 75% of snaps this season<br><br>Chris Hogan’s season high in yards (78) came on just 4 targets against the Chiefs, 42 yards came on this rep against Fuller - plus defensive pass interference <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PatriotsFilm?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PatriotsFilm</a> <a href="https://t.co/o3JfxijkcD">pic.twitter.com/o3JfxijkcD</a></p>&mdash; Patriots Film (@PatriotsFilm) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatriotsFilm/status/1085767113581555712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Think we need to erase Edelman completely.

dirk digler
01-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Berry having a full week of practice is big

I fully expect him to look the best he’s looked this year

that is a pretty high standard

EyePod
01-18-2019, 12:10 PM

I feel the exact opposite. He's out there on the sideline EVERY GAME.

kcclone
01-18-2019, 12:19 PM
I pray that this was Berry's (and/or the Chiefs) plan all along. Keep him healthy for what really matters. Obviously it doesn't get any more important than the next two.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 12:26 PM
I honestly can't fathom people not wanting Berry to play.

They cut Parker and he's practiced all week. If he's 80% of the player he was, he's better than any other DB we have, including Fuller.

Let bygones be bygones, it's time to win the Lamar Hunt Trophy!

staylor26
01-18-2019, 12:26 PM
that is a pretty high standard

Yea he only played 2 games, but he still looked better than our other safeties.

Sassy Squatch
01-18-2019, 12:28 PM

They cut Parker and he's practiced all week. If he's 80% of the player he was, he's better than any other DB we have, including Fuller.

You could chop off the foot with Haglunds and send him out there with a slowly oozing stump leg, and he'd still be better than Rob Parker.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 12:30 PM
You could chop off the foot with Haglunds and send him out there with a slowly oozing stump leg, and he'd still be better than Rob Parker.

Yep. I'm of the mind right now that I don't care about any of the rest of it. I want to see the best Chiefs team on the field on Sunday and right now, I think that includes Eric Berry.

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 12:32 PM
Yep. I'm of the mind right now that I don't care about any of the rest of it. I want to see the best Chiefs team on the field on Sunday and right now, I think that includes Eric Berry.

This.

Pointer19
01-18-2019, 12:45 PM
I feel the exact opposite. He's out there on the sideline EVERY GAME.

I pray that this was Berry's (and/or the Chiefs) plan all along. Keep him healthy for what really matters. Obviously it doesn't get any more important than the next two.

Yea he only played 2 games, but he still looked better than our other safeties.

I have seen the errors of my ways.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jeKBCu0CxaY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's see a Berry comeback!

MahiMike
01-18-2019, 12:53 PM

It's not a grudge thing for me. I just know that the 2 games he took any snaps we lost.

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 12:55 PM
It's not a grudge thing for me. I just know that the 2 games he took any snaps we lost.

It's an iffy stat to go off of though.

The defense vs the Chargers in the first half with Berry and in the second half without him was WAY different.

And the Seattle game....we started basically two rookie CBs against a damn good QB.

FringeNC
01-18-2019, 12:55 PM
No hints on wether LDT is going to start or not?

DJ's left nut
01-18-2019, 01:00 PM
It's an iffy stat to go off of though.

The defense vs the Chargers in the first half with Berry and in the second half without him was WAY different.

And the Seattle game....we started basically two rookie CBs against a damn good QB.

I simply cannot get over how different the halves looked in the Chargers game. It was truly extraordinary.

So the question, now that we've seen the Raiders and Colts games, is an obvious one. Was it a result of getting Eric Berry on the field or getting Ron Parker off it?

Because the defense has looked damn good with Lucas in there assuming Berry's role of late. And if starting Berry 'on a snap count' means that we have to send Lucas in there in the 2nd half or 4th quarter cold - I think I'd steer clear of it. Maybe if it was just a 'Berry for 1 quarter to fire everyone up and then Lucas' plan, I'd be on board. But we simply cannot find ourselves with a need to switch horses mid-stream.

If Reid isn't confident that Berry can play the whole damn game, I'd activate him but keep him exclusively as a reserve in the event Lucas or Sorensen get injured.

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 01:03 PM
I simply cannot get over how different the halves looked in the Chargers game. It was truly extraordinary.

So the question, now that we've seen the Raiders and Colts games, is an obvious one. Was it a result of getting Eric Berry on the field or getting Ron Parker off it?

Because the defense has looked damn good with Lucas in there assuming Berry's role of late. And if starting Berry 'on a snap count' means that we have to send Lucas in there in the 2nd half or 4th quarter cold - I think I'd steer clear of it. Maybe if it was just a 'Berry for 1 quarter to fire everyone up and then Lucas' plan, I'd be on board. But we simply cannot find ourselves with a need to switch horses mid-stream.

If Reid isn't confident that Berry can play the whole damn game, I'd activate him but keep him exclusively as a reserve in the event Lucas or Sorensen get injured.

I don't even know anymore at this point. I'd rather see Berry and Lucas out there at the same time but I don't know if either of them could play deep.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 01:18 PM
No hints on wether LDT is going to start or not?

Wylie should start IMO.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-18-2019, 01:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dorian O’Daniel will be OUT for the AFC championship.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1086341871260057601?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-18-2019, 01:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dorian O’Daniel will be listed as OUT for Sunday’s game against the Patriots. <br><br>Reid said the other designations will come out later today.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1086342111790809088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
01-18-2019, 01:20 PM
I don't even know anymore at this point. I'd rather see Berry and Lucas out there at the same time but I don't know if either of them could play deep.

Keep Lucas at single high and bring Berry down into the box to key in on those RB's and help keep the LB's in proper position.

ModSocks
01-18-2019, 01:21 PM
Of course that won't happen because Sutton loves him some Dirty Dan. It'll likely be Dirty Dan in the Box with Berry playing FS.

DTVietnam
01-18-2019, 01:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">┳┻|<br>┻┳|<br>┳┻|<br>┻┳|<br>┳┻|<br>┻┳|<br>┳┻|<br>┻┳| If there&#39;s a brick wall near you, step away NOW. <br><br>This <a href="https://twitter.com/Stuntman1429?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Stuntman1429</a> pregame speech is gonna make you want to run right through it. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MondayMotivation?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MondayMotivation</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/AFyl1UUmEo">pic.twitter.com/AFyl1UUmEo</a></p>&mdash; NFL Films (@NFLFilms) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1003650469342973952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FringeNC
01-18-2019, 01:24 PM

Given Berry's questionable health, the fact that we cut Parker suggests the Chiefs viewed him as a massive liability.

petegz28
01-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Of course that won't happen because Sutton loves him some Dirty Dan. It'll likely be Dirty Dan in the Box with Berry playing FS.

That would be dumb, imo

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-18-2019, 01:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry, when asked if he could play today: “I still have to talk to coach and see his overall plan for it.”</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1086344652456947713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-18-2019, 01:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs Pro Bowl safety Eric Berry says he “feels pretty good” — but leaves the decision up to Andy Reid about whether he’ll play. To be noted: Berry has practiced without limitation this week. It sure looks likely he’ll see the field for just the third game this season.</p>&mdash; Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1086344856744718336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 01:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry, when asked if he could play today: “I still have to talk to coach and see his overall plan for it.”</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1086344652456947713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fuck pitch counts.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 01:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> Eric Berry not discussing injury when asked. He says it’s tough to explain. “Ninth year in the league and my first shot at it. I’m going to cherish every moment.” <a href="https://t.co/AXu0qC5UfR">pic.twitter.com/AXu0qC5UfR</a></p>&mdash; Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLeyden/status/1086344938168745984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When asked about injury, Eric Berry repeated a few times there are complications he is unwilling to explain.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1086345508212350978?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hydrae
https://i.imgur.com/2ZbtF0a.jpg

Glad to see Andy so fired up!

MIAdragon
01-18-2019, 01:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When asked about injury, Eric Berry repeated a few times there are complications he is unwilling to explain.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1086345508212350978?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fuck that guy

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Fuck that guy

Berry or the guy asking the question?

kcxiv
01-18-2019, 01:37 PM
he also basically said he wanted to play last week, but they didnt let him !

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 01:40 PM
he also basically said he wanted to play last week, but they didnt let him !

Yep...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I wanted to (play) in that game . . . Hopefully this weekend it will be different.&quot; — Eric Berry on missing last week&#39;s game against the Colts.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1086345978880368647?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MIAdragon
Berry or the guy asking the question?

Both? Neither are very relevant, at least to this point anyway.

FringeNC

What a strange answer to the question.

SupDock

That's a little strange to hear.

Buehler445
01-18-2019, 01:41 PM
I've quit trying to figure out what in the blue fuck is going on with him.

Simply Red

He's playing bro

DJ's left nut
Keep Lucas at single high and bring Berry down into the box to key in on those RB's and help keep the LB's in proper position.

That'd be my plan as well. But recognize that Lucas in single high is going to get you beat deep at least once, IMO.

Lucas is damn athletic and rangy back there, but he's still a little erratic. He's not Parker erratic, but he's not positionally sound on every play either. In the event he blows a coverage at the wrong time, you may see a 60 yarder to Hogan or something equally lousy.

I'd risk it and hope Brady either doesn't see it or doesn't hit it, but the risk is absolutely there. Lucas is our most athletic option as single-high but not our safest by any stretch.

SupDock
01-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Both? Neither are very relevant, at least to this point anyway.

It depends how the question was phrased. He may have just asked why his injury has been such a struggle with changing timelines, which is not an unreasonable question

Simply Red
01-18-2019, 01:42 PM
That's a little strange to hear.

why? seems pretty bullshit free to me. He knows it's not up to him.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Looks like Eric Berry is going new age/holistic...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry said in terms avoiding rust with so much time off, he’s taken a lot of mental reps, taken an added focus and also meditation.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1086345999419957253?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SupDock
01-18-2019, 01:49 PM
why? seems pretty bullshit free to me. He knows it's not up to him.

He said he was unwilling to explain and that there are explanations. That's a strange answer.

Our definitions of bullshit may not be the same

El Jefe
01-18-2019, 01:54 PM

QFT, it makes no sense to me. Berry can help us win, and at the end of the day, if we win this game, who really cares how long he was out this year? We need to get a W, and he is arguably one of our best players on defense even if he isn't 100%.

Marcellus
01-18-2019, 01:55 PM

If there was any spec of evidence that one had something to do with the other you might have a point. But you don't.

Marcellus
01-18-2019, 01:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry said in terms avoiding rust with so much time off, he’s taken a lot of mental reps, taken an added focus and also meditation.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1086345999419957253?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Im telling you, the guy is refusing to take pain meds of any kind. I think that's why this has taken so long.

ModSocks
01-18-2019, 01:57 PM
Im telling you, the guy is refusing to take pain meds of any kind. I think that's why this has taken so long.

Taking pain meds to numb the heel is probably how he tore his last achilles.

DJJasonp
01-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Maybe docs have told Berry there is a chance of injury - if he plays - so bad that he might be unable to walk thereafter???? (the reason it's up to Reid or others...)

IDK.......but if he's on the field, we're probably a better defensive unit for it.

Hydrae
01-18-2019, 01:59 PM

Getting his spirit in line.

God, I hated saying that but it seemed appropriate. I have hated all the "spirit" comments the last few weeks and here I go, adding to it.

FringeNC
01-18-2019, 02:03 PM
I don't even see the point of putting Berry in front of the press at this point. He comes across as a loon. The fact that he has been a full participant in practice suggests that he will play. Better just to ignore everything he said.

SupDock
01-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Taking pain meds to numb the heel is probably how he tore his last achilles.

This doesn't make sense