PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So what ‘thing’ will Belichick try and take away from the Chiefs offense?

Deberg_1990
01-17-2019, 05:25 PM
We all know he’s the best at taking away a certain weapon on an opponents offense. What weapon does he try and defuse on the Chiefs?

Keeping Mahomes in the pocket?

Tyreek Hill?

Kelce?

Watkins?

D Williams?

Conley?

Thoughts.....

203Pat
01-17-2019, 05:29 PM
Well I think the last 2x was Kelce and Hill killed us. I’d assume Hill will be the focus.

dlphg9
01-17-2019, 05:31 PM
We all know he’s the best at taking away a certain weapon on an opponents offense. What weapon does he try and defuse on the Chiefs?

Keeping Mahomes in the pocket?

Tyreek Hill?

Kelce?

Watkins?

D Williams?

Conley?

Thoughts.....

Are you one of the 610 sports guys

MGRS13
01-17-2019, 05:32 PM
I assume hill as well. Butt that should allow Kelce to get free. If he does it opens the offense. Watkins could earn his contract on Sunday as well if they divert all attention to Hill

Rasputin
01-17-2019, 05:35 PM
My biggest worry about the Patriots on defense is Dont'a Hightower that guy is good at getting in there and disrupting everything.

DaFace
01-17-2019, 05:36 PM
Kelce is my bet. He's been a 1st down machine lately. Hill is dangerous to go long, but Pat's had trouble hitting him over the top lately, so I think Kelce's the one.

Deberg_1990
01-17-2019, 05:37 PM
Are you one of the 610 sports guys

Yes

KCUnited
01-17-2019, 05:40 PM
IDK about offense, but it appeared Indy identified something in our punt formations that they exploited. Hopefully we've looked at that this week.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Robinson should really be getting Conley's reps at this point.

My answer: Doesn't matter. You can't take it all away. Take someone away and one or likely two others will still destroy you.

suzzer99
01-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Yeah for sure - Conley adds nothing. Robinson at least can breakaway every now and then. Also he catches a little better.

suzzer99
I would love to see BB focus on Hill and Sammy Watkins go off for ~200/2TDs like he did against the Chiefs a few years ago.

Marcellus
Mahomes ability to roll to his right out of the pocket. Pressure that comes from his right side.

Prison Bitch
01-17-2019, 05:51 PM
Kelce

farmerchief
01-17-2019, 05:53 PM
Well I think the last 2x was Kelce and Hill killed us. I’d assume Hill will be the focus.
I don’t think he could take Hill out of the Game unless they bracket him with 3 players, and at that, they’d better be extremely fast

PAChiefsGuy
01-17-2019, 05:53 PM
I don't think BB will do that with us since we have so many weapons. I'd look for him to try and confuse Mahomes more than anything similar to what the Ravens did.

He'll probably also look to copy what the Colts D did to the Chiefs O in the 2nd half of the game last weekend because the Colts D was pretty successful against us that 2nd half.

01-17-2019, 05:57 PM
They will double Kelce and do their best to bust Hill at the LOS. Watkins and Williams could have a big day.

01-17-2019, 05:58 PM
IDK about offense, but it appeared Indy identified something in our punt formations that they exploited. Hopefully we've looked at that this week.Agreed. They got close twice and blocked another one. Something needs fixed there.

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 05:58 PM
Mahomes ability to roll to his right out of the pocket. Pressure that comes from his right side.

Yep. They're going to try to take away Mahomes. They'll man Kelce with Chung and man Watkins, bracket Hill, and then try to rattle Patrick.

They'll also try to run ball control offense to keep him off the field.

Need to start strong and hot. Like last week.

44yearsandcounting
01-17-2019, 05:59 PM
If I’m BB, I want the Chiefs defense out there as long as possible. So, if the pats get up early, you take away the short to intermediate routes and take a chance of the lower percentage bombs keeping pace. Long, time-consuming drives for the pats, and hope the defense is gassed in the 4th in a close game for a late score to win.

Chiefshrink
01-17-2019, 05:59 PM
Bill wants Mahomes "in the pocket" with much stunting pressure coming up the middle from the interior d-line. All the tape on Mahomes getting sacked comes from up the middle. Between the 20's he will double TH/Kelce depending. In the red zone he will automatically double Kelce.

Which leaves Watkins and D Williams still with either single coverage or no coverage:D

What will Bill do??:hmmm::D

chinaski
01-17-2019, 06:06 PM

Yeah this. But Mahomes stayed in the pocket quite a bit during the Colt's game. He's a threat no matter where he is at.

If they target Hill, Kelce and Watkins we always got Williams and Sherm

JakeF
01-17-2019, 06:07 PM
He will take away all the short stuff (run game and Kelce) with blitzing so Mahomes and Hill don't have time to hook up on anything deep. Force our offensive line to play smart and deal with stunts, slants, and zone blitzes making Mahomes decide quickly.

Don't let Mahomes roll out to the right.

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

chinaski
01-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Dieter was in the game last week. HMM. :hmmm:

New World Order
01-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Think they'll bracket Kelce and Hill and leave Gillmore on an island with Sammy wherever he lines up

big nasty kcnut
01-17-2019, 06:17 PM
Kidnapped the team and have the washington generals play them disguised as the chiefs.

Frosty
01-17-2019, 06:17 PM
BB is going to double Kelce, Hill and Watkins and load the box with 8 /Pats troll

chefsos
01-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Duron Harmon is a local kid. He's about to be interviewed on the key to stopping Mahomes. I'll report my findings.

chefsos
01-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Never mind. I couldn't understand a word he said.

dallaschiefsfan
01-17-2019, 06:22 PM
To me, the biggest affect BB has is getting in these guys' heads during the week and get them double guessing too much on game day. I don't think they can reasonable take enough away from our offense to make it matter unless we get defensive about it. We need to have "dictate the terms" approach to our offense and shove it down their throats and make them react to us.

Chiefshrink
01-17-2019, 06:24 PM
BB is going to double Kelce, Hill and Watkins and load the box with 8 /Pats troll

How do you double 3 players then with 8 in the box?:D

Check your math!! Won't be able to double all of them!!!:D

FAX
01-17-2019, 06:27 PM
If already posted, apologies and sorrys galore.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jxw6FUjuMcM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX

Chiefs=Champions
01-17-2019, 06:28 PM
To me, the biggest affect BB has is getting in these guys' heads during the week and get them double guessing too much on game day. I don't think they can reasonable take enough away from our offense to make it matter unless we get defensive about it. We need to have "dictate the terms" approach to our offense and shove it down their throats and make them react to us.

I think we'll come out with heavy amounts of shifting, motions and jet sweeps. Get them thinking east and west before going north and south.

Chiefshrink
01-17-2019, 06:31 PM

Only way we lose this game is IF we beat ourselves on offense by committing turnovers. Doesn't matter how the D plays if our offense is clicking IMHO. If the D plays respectable to great SURE !! But if they don't it doesn't matter.:shrug:

Just know that Bill has been strategizing since he first played us on how he will play us the 2nd time in these playoffs. He has been studying ever since our first meeting as he has watched all the tapes of every game of Mahomes and our offense and IT STILL WON'T BE ENOUGH !!! :D

BigRedChief
01-17-2019, 06:32 PM
Kelce is my bet. He's been a 1st down machine lately. Hill is dangerous to go long, but Pat's had trouble hitting him over the top lately, so I think Kelce's the one.yeah, I think it’s Kelce too. Knowing Bellichecks tendency to change things up, he may go Kelce and then switch in the 2nd half to Hill.

ntexascardfan
01-17-2019, 06:34 PM
If I'm the Pats I take away Kelce and count on the cold helping neutralize the deep game to Hill.

FAX
01-17-2019, 06:36 PM
We need a third "safety blanket". I don't care if it's Conley or Williams or Ware or Robinson or Dieter. We need another go-to guy that Mahomes can look for when Kelce is triple covered and Tyreek is doubled. That guy needs to catch the ball when it's coming in at 90 MPH.

We find that, and the offense thrives.

Of course, the keys are always the same; win the turnover battle and DO NOT COMMIT PENALTIES. EVER.

We do that, we win. And probably by 14 points or more. (We're a much better overall team.)

FAX

ROYC75
01-17-2019, 06:39 PM
Yep. They're going to try to take away Mahomes. They'll man Kelce with Chung and man Watkins, bracket Hill, and then try to rattle Patrick.

They'll also try to run ball control offense to keep him off the field.

Need to start strong and hot. Like last week.

I couldn't have said it any better.

This!

ROYC75
01-17-2019, 06:41 PM

Wut, you haven't heard of the Cheatriots?

R Clark
01-17-2019, 06:42 PM
Just hope Andy doesn't try to out smart himself

tk13
01-17-2019, 06:48 PM
I bet they come after Mahomes. They aren't usually a blitzing team, but they did it last week to Rivers, and teams have had more success against Mahomes going after him than just sitting back and letting him gut you.

Frosty
01-17-2019, 06:52 PM

You obviously haven't been reading the "Let's Talk about the Patriots" thread.

Rukdafaidas
01-17-2019, 06:53 PM
We need a third "safety blanket". I don't care if it's Conley or Williams or Ware or Robinson or Dieter. We need another go-to guy that Mahomes can look for when Kelce is triple covered and Tyreek is doubled. That guy needs to catch the ball when it's coming in at 90 MPH.

Of course, the keys are always the same; win the turnover battle and DO NOT COMMIT PENALTIES. EVER.

We do that, we win. And probably by 14 points or more. (We're a much better overall team.)

FAX
Watkins?

Chris Meck
01-17-2019, 06:53 PM
You know-

I'm aware that BB is the debbil. And while I too am tired of watching the damned Patriots go to the fucking SB every year (not quite, but almost) and even if it wasn't us, I'd be rooting for someone else to knock them off. That's what it means to be king.

But Bill fucking cracks me up with his press conferences. I mean, the guy loathes having to do them and is completely uninterested in even pretending that he wants to be there. All the guy wants to do is coach and win and be left the fuck alone.

It's hilarious.

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 06:54 PM
Watkins?

If I know FAX like I think I know FAX, and I do, Watkins is the 2nd safety blanket. Kelce is the first.

So we'd still need a third.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fobjectivesecured.com.au%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F06%2FDeep-Thought.jpg&f=1

Chris Meck
01-17-2019, 06:55 PM

FAX

Well, you've got 5 DB's tied up on 2 receivers so i guess that means that Watkins will be uncovered. I'd bet he'll put up some numbers.
If he falls down or something I guess you could hit D. Williams on a wheel route.

Marcellus
01-17-2019, 06:57 PM

FAX

Watkins FAX, its Watkins.

dlphg9
01-17-2019, 06:57 PM
He can try what he wants to try to stop us, but history shows that he cant stop Andy and the Chiefs. This game is in KC where we can actually play damn good D and it looks like a blowout.

RunKC
01-17-2019, 06:59 PM
It depends on the situation. I would bet Bill doubles and even triple teams Tyreek Hill in bracket coverage between the 20’s and then changes that to take away Kelce in the red zone.

Overall I think it’s apparent that while Kelce is special, Tyreek Hill is the most dangerous weapon we have because he can kill you in all phases while Kelce cannot. Tyreek can destroy teams in the short, intermediate and deep parts of the field simply due to his speed alone.

notorious
01-17-2019, 07:00 PM
Take away the intermediate stuff an pray Mahomes plays tight and misses the deep balls.

Our RB has killed NE on seam and wheel routes. It’s natural because they are hitting the middle ground and it clears out for the RBs to feast.

Williams better catch the fucking ball.

FAX
01-17-2019, 07:01 PM
Watkins FAX, its Watkins.

I'm expecting Gilmore to single cover him again. He did a very good job on Watkins in the first game. That's why I didn't mention him.

FAX

FAX
01-17-2019, 07:02 PM
Wow ... LOL

I suppose I need to be more direct and specific in the future.

FAX

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 07:03 PM
Take away the intermediate stuff an pray Mahomes plays tight and misses the deep balls.

Our RB has killed NE on seam and wheel routes. It’s natural because they are hitting the middle ground and it clears out for the RBs to feast.

Williams better catch the fucking ball.

Kareem Hunt had 26 catches on 35 targets. 74.3%

Williams has 23 catches on 24 targets. 95.8%

You're welcome.

suzzer99
01-17-2019, 07:04 PM
I don't think BB will do that with us since we have so many weapons. I'd look for him to try and confuse Mahomes more than anything similar to what the Ravens did.

He'll probably also look to copy what the Colts D did to the Chiefs O in the 2nd half of the game last weekend because the Colts D was pretty successful against us that 2nd half.

I think a lot of that was because we were playing very conservative with a 3-score lead and Mahomes was obviously making sure not to make a mistake above all else.

You saw as soon as they got a score we came back and opened it up and scored.

Hog's Gone Fishin

Belichick is a known cheater.

htismaqe
Wow ... LOL

I suppose I need to be more direct and specific in the future.

FAX

I think you should be more vague and evasive in the future. It's more fun. ROFL

notorious
Kareem Hunt had 26 catches on 35 targets. 74.3%

Williams has 23 catches on 24 targets. 95.8%

You're welcome.

Thank you!

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Thank you!

I aim to please!

:D

dirk digler
01-17-2019, 07:06 PM
I bet they come after Mahomes. They aren't usually a blitzing team, but they did it last week to Rivers, and teams have had more success against Mahomes going after him than just sitting back and letting him gut you.

Agreed. Might see alot of Raven like blitzes

FAX
01-17-2019, 07:07 PM
Well, you've got 5 DB's tied up on 2 receivers so i guess that means that Watkins will be uncovered. I'd bet he'll put up some numbers.
If he falls down or something I guess you could hit D. Williams on a wheel route.

Last time, they used linebackers to double up on Kelce (when they did). It's true that they switched it up from time-to-time, but they often relied on the backer.

That's one of the reasons Hunt got loose against the backers. They were kinda busy.

FAX

Frosty
01-17-2019, 07:08 PM
Watch the try to take Kelce out and Harris end up with over 100 yards and 2 TD. LMAO

notorious
If Mahomes hits his deep throws NE is ****ed.

He missed several wide open deep shots the first half last time. Rape will occur if he hits them this week.

FAX
I think you should be more vague and evasive in the future. It's more fun. ROFL

Fun for you, maybe.

FAX

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 07:09 PM
Fun for you, maybe.

FAX

Is there any other kind of fun?

FAX
01-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Watch the try to take Kelce out and Harris end up with over 100 yards and 2 TD. LMAO

I wish ...

It's such a shame that Harris is such an undependable dumbass with lead feet and concrete paddles for hands.

Why can't we find a good #2 TE, anyhow?

FAX

FAX
01-17-2019, 07:12 PM
Is there any other kind of fun?

Now that you mention it ...

FAX

htismaqe
01-17-2019, 07:12 PM

The thing is, they can't sell out like they did against Rivers. They're going to have to have outside contain, particularly to the right because of Patrick's scrambling ability.

I mean, looking at all the possibilities, it looks like a lot of hope. They'll probably play like the Ravens did but do they really have that kind of personnel? Can they run man the entire game and not get gassed?

I think the Chiefs are going to run them off the field if they try that. There's just too many weapons.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-17-2019, 07:13 PM
If Mahomes hits his deep throws NE is ****ed.

He missed several wide open deep shots the first half last time. Rape will occur if he hits them this week.

Rape will occur.

NE is officially fucked.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-17-2019, 07:15 PM
The thing is, they can't sell out like they did against Rivers. They're going to have to have outside contain, particularly to the right because of Patrick's scrambling ability.

I mean, looking at all the possibilities, it looks like a lot of hope. They'll probably play like the Ravens did but do they really have that kind of personnel? Can they run man the entire game and not get gassed?

I think the Chiefs are going to run them off the field if they try that. There's just too many weapons.

This.

NE won't be able to keep up, just from a speed perspective.

I'm not even worried about the offense producing - we scored 40 on them, and that's with not scoring a TD until right before halftime.

Easy 6
01-17-2019, 07:17 PM
He will randomly double and even triple Hill, Kelce and Watkins

I see our role players like Williams, Robinson/Conley and Sherman all being relied on to come through

Mahomes will find them, no worries

prhom
01-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Kelce. Hill has gotten his yards and scores, but it’s less realistic to actually take him away. Hill doesn’t let us control the clock to the same degree as Kelce. I think Kelce is more important to the offense getting in a rhythm.

FAX
01-17-2019, 07:25 PM

The Cheaters used Hightower is a kind of spy on Mahomes in the first game. It was a good strategy and it paid off for them. If Wally is right and Mahomes doesn't repeat mistakes, they'll have to find some other way of dealing with Mahomes. (I don't think there is a great answer, frankly.)

To be honest, I wasn't all that thrilled with our o-line play in that first half, though.

But the numbers favor us. The Chiefs have too many weapons. If they bump and run with Tyreek, that's cool because he'll get free a few times (plus, it's difficult to play bump/run against a motion guy). If they try and double Kelce with a d-back (of some sort) and a backer, we have the short pass game with the RB and Sammy "Feets" and YAC. If they play zone, they're toast.

Pressure is the only cure to this offense and that's on the o-line and the scheme that Wally devises. If Mahomes burns them against pressure a few times, they'll be forced to give that up. Personally, I think they'll try and copy the donks' disguised, overloaded blitz package. But if they do that and lose contain, they're double toasted.

I'm more concerned about two things; 1) Can we run the ball N/S with Williams and Ware? and 2) How do we cover the Cheaters' short pass game?

FAX

hinde58
01-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Doesn't matter, whoever they try and take away will just let the others feast on the cheaters

prhom
01-17-2019, 07:30 PM
I wish ...

It's such a shame that Harris is such an undependable dumbass with lead feet and concrete paddles for hands.

Why can't we find a good #2 TE, anyhow?

FAX

TE2 is something I’d like to see us address in the draft this year. I'd like to think we could have an even more potent offense if we had another playmaker who could block for 2 TE sets. We also need to start planning for after Kelce, or at least an older Kelce.

Chris Meck
01-17-2019, 07:38 PM
The Cheaters used Hightower is a kind of spy on Mahomes in the first game. It was a good strategy and it paid off for them. If Wally is right and Mahomes doesn't repeat mistakes, they'll have to find some other way of dealing with Mahomes. (I don't think there is a great answer, frankly.)

To be honest, I wasn't all that thrilled with our o-line play in that first half, though.

But the numbers favor us. The Chiefs have too many weapons. If they bump and run with Tyreek, that's cool because he'll get free a few times (plus, it's difficult to play bump/run against a motion guy). If they try and double Kelce with a d-back (of some sort) and a backer, we have the short pass game with the RB and Sammy "Feets" and YAC. If they play zone, they're toast.

Pressure is the only cure to this offense and that's on the o-line and the scheme that Wally devises. If Mahomes burns them against pressure a few times, they'll be forced to give that up. Personally, I think they'll try and copy the donks' disguised, overloaded blitz package. But if they do that and lose contain, they're double toasted.

I'm more concerned about two things; 1) Can we run the ball N/S with Williams and Ware? and 2) How do we cover the Cheaters' short pass game?

FAX
1)yes I think so. 2) I think we man up, which disrupts the short game, forcing Brady to hold the ball, where our pass rush will feast.

203Pat
01-17-2019, 07:41 PM
I don’t think he could take Hill out of the Game unless they bracket him with 3 players, and at that, they’d better be extremely fast

That's what I'm worried about. We don't have a ton of speed and he already split the double team for long TD's in October.

FAX
01-17-2019, 07:48 PM
1)yes I think so. 2) I think we man up, which disrupts the short game, forcing Brady to hold the ball, where our pass rush will feast.

I hope you're right. Those are the crucial match-ups, IMO. Our downhill run game vs. their base defense and their uber-short pass game against our base defense.

I know this much, though; if we can disturb Tommy Two Yards early in the game, we win this walking away. He don't like those hit things. And you can't throw a 3-yard out while your facemask is submerged in soil.

FAX

Chris Meck
01-17-2019, 07:59 PM
I hope you're right. Those are the crucial match-ups, IMO. Our downhill run game vs. their base defense and their uber-short pass game against our base defense.

I know this much, though; if we can disturb Tommy Two Yards early in the game, we win this walking away. He don't like those hit things. And you can't throw a 3-yard out while your facemask is submerged in soil.

FAX

right. It's why the Chargers' plan was asinine. You can't sit around in zone all day, Brady will dissect you. BUT, if you're manning up and can do it, that makes him hold the ball. IF you have a pass rush, especially a strong inside rush, you can crush him.

I actually think at this point in the season, we match up well on their weapons with the exception of the backs. If Berry plays, we might be okay there too.

FAX
01-17-2019, 08:05 PM
right. It's why the Chargers' plan was asinine. You can't sit around in zone all day, Brady will dissect you. BUT, if you're manning up and can do it, that makes him hold the ball. IF you have a pass rush, especially a strong inside rush, you can crush him.

I actually think at this point in the season, we match up well on their weapons with the exception of the backs. If Berry plays, we might be okay there too.

If Berry plays (on that particular day), I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy Two Yards gets picked twice. Nobody studies film or reads and anticipates QBs better than EB.

Of course, he's also a stud in the run game.

FAX

Chief Pagan
01-17-2019, 08:11 PM

Chung is so awesome he can double Kelce and Hill and be the 8th man in the box on the same play!

RollinWithMahomie
01-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Gilmore follows Hill. Kelce is bracketed. Watkins will have to win his matchup... i assume that's what he will do. Along with a muddied rush trying to keep Patrick inside the pocket.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2019, 08:23 PM
I think they'll try to take away a part of the field not really a player. Reid and his offense can I attack every part of the field, though. This is going to be one hell of a game. But if it is a player I think it's Hill.

TinyEvel
01-17-2019, 08:33 PM
He will try to take away Mahomes. But that is impossible. Its like trying to get rid of a hair that is stuck to the tile in the shower. You try to capture some water in your hand and splash it on it, it just moves a little bit and its still there, mocking you.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2019, 08:36 PM
I think new England will play us line Seattle did. Give pat the short stuff and make us take what we're given. We've beaten that by just letting pat loose. Think Reid's gotta find ways to move pat around. I don't know that the gimmicky of screens and misdirection is going to be our best go at this.

Johnny Vegas
01-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Possession time is what BB will take away from the offense. Long methodical drives to keep Mahomes and company on the sidelines.

RealSNR
01-17-2019, 08:48 PM
Deshaun Watson, prolly

d12115415
01-17-2019, 09:24 PM
He'd say everything but I would bet Hill. We have to stop your big plays and that starts with neutralizing him.
And of course, like he did with the Chargers, time of possession.

AssEaterChief
01-17-2019, 09:25 PM
Kelce....cover Hill on anything short and pray Mahomes doesn't hit on long balls...

kccrow
01-17-2019, 09:26 PM
I'm guessing he focuses most on Hill and Kelce. Bracket Hill with the McCourty bros, single cover Watkins with Gilmore, put Roberts/Chung worrying about Kelce. Basically similar to game 1. They'll force Williams to make the plays Hunt made to slice them up and open things up over the top to Hill. They really don't have a better option.

displacedinMN
01-17-2019, 09:28 PM
kelce

But that leaves: hill, sherman, williamssss, watkins still open.

Watching the earlier game.

WE CAN WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to Brady!!!! And the last two times we crushed the pats---we had Alex Smith.

UK_Chief
01-18-2019, 05:27 AM
If it was me it would be Kelce as he moves the chains like no one else. But if I were Andy I’d be planning for both scenarios and whoever they target the other guy (plus some of the bench) need to run riot. Hill deep ball hasn’t been hitting recently (weather?) so that is maybe off the table a bit

T-post Tom
01-18-2019, 07:09 AM
I bet they're scared to death of Hill going over the top. He is great at getting off the line, but I'd keep him and Kelce in motion as much as possible on pass routes. Pats will be doing everything in their power to jam them on the line and I think the refs will be holding tight to their flags on Sunday.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2019, 07:16 AM
It doesn't matter.

Reid solved the riddle of Belichick defenses long ago.

T-post Tom
01-18-2019, 07:17 AM
It doesn't matter.

Reid solved the riddle of Belichick defenses long ago.

/thread over

ChiefGator
01-18-2019, 07:24 AM
If you listen to Belichick's comments before and after our last game, he was terrified of Hill's speed. Gave him lots of respect actually (for grumpy press conference Belichick anyway).

Bob Dole
01-18-2019, 07:47 AM
Possession time is what BB will take away from the offense. Long methodical drives to keep Mahomes and company on the sidelines.
If last week's D shows up, that won't work

Chris Meck
01-18-2019, 08:22 AM
"Is there anything you can do to coach up your secondary to handle the speed of Hill?"

BB-"You mean, like, make guys run faster?"

lol

PatriotsGuy
01-18-2019, 08:28 AM
"Is there anything you can do to coach up your secondary to handle the speed of Hill?"

BB-"You mean, like, make guys run faster?"

lol

Gotta love Bill :D

FringeNC
01-18-2019, 08:31 AM
Simms and Lefkoe thought the Pats would try to take away his ability to scramble / roll-out to the right. Not sure exactly the best way you'd do that...

Chris Meck
01-18-2019, 08:32 AM
Gotta love Bill :D

dude, I know he's like the evil emperor and all, but his press conferences fucking crack me up!

I paraphrased that, the wording's not exactly right but that's basically what he said. I literally did a spit take with my coffee.

Fritz88
01-18-2019, 08:39 AM
Not worried a bit, looking forward to the SB match.

Chiefs have invested in so many weapons to pay off now. It’s about time.

Sully
01-18-2019, 08:56 AM
If I'm the Patriots, I want 2 guys on Kelce, and a bracket on Hill. Make us beat them with anyone else.
They like to put their best CB on the other teams' #2 WR, and bracket the best guy, so I assume that will be the plan.

Screen game will be huge.

B_Ambuehl
01-18-2019, 08:58 AM
Belichik will try to take away Mahomes scrambling to his right. Instead of rushing to the QB he'll have the rusher on that side take away the outside scramble. He actually did it in the first game and had some success with it.

They play more straight up man coverage than any team in the NFL. Defensively, he usually places Gilmore on one receiver with no help then Jackson on another receiver with safety help. In the first game he had McCourty on Kelce quite a bit which is a decent matchup for N.E. Anytime Chung was on Kelce he got destroyed. Chung is done. He couldn't even stay with Gates last week. Anyhow, I think their best bet is try to single up Watkins with Gilmore, put Jackson on Hill with safety help to that side, then put McCourty on Kelce. Their problem is they play so much man coverage it's so easy to pre-determine where to go with the ball. And when you have a QB that can move and have an offensive playcaller whose main offseason hobby involves creating new misdirection schemes and plays to destroy man coverage it's not a good schematic matchup for them. The teams that had some success slowing the Chiefs offense down all play cover 3 or are zone blitz heavy (Arizona, Baltimore, Seattle, S.D.). Reid and Mahomes have routinely destroyed man coverage all season.

On the other side of the ball the magic recipe for destroying N.E. is throw for 300 yards and sack Brady 3 times. Any team that has done that has dominated them over the years. The Chiefs inherently have a scheme that causes them problems because they play man and rush the passer. What Vrabel did to them the chiefs are capable of. Get physical at the line of scrimmage and play the underneath crossing stuff tight, play the backs tight, and force the ball down the field to slapdicks like Hogan. The key is don't give them easy PI calls when Brady chunks it up down the field.

The Chiefs have lost every football game in which the opponent had the ball 33 minutes or more. Belichik is known to focus on that so expect it to be a major focus. K.C. must stop the run and put Brady in 3rd and 6+. They're going to try to hold the ball and dink and dunk their way down the field to win TOP.

Marcellus
01-18-2019, 09:05 AM
Simms and Lefkoe thought the Pats would try to take away his ability to scramble / roll-out to the right. Not sure exactly the best way you'd do that...

This is exactly what I said earlier in the thread. They will try to bring pressure form his right side.

Whats crazy is even though he doesn't run to his left nearly as much he actually has a higher pass rating scrambling to his left.

Keeping Mahomes from making the off schedule plays is what they will try to do, but they still have to pressure him as he will destroy them from the pocket if they don't.

Chiefshrink
01-18-2019, 10:01 AM
He will take away all the short stuff (run game and Kelce) with blitzing so Mahomes and Hill don't have time to hook up on anything deep. Force our offensive line to play smart and deal with stunts, slants, and zone blitzes making Mahomes decide quickly.

Don't let Mahomes roll out to the right.

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

Exactly! I think this is where their focus will be all game and our o-line has to be ready to make adjustments. Fisher,Schwartz(get lazy at times) and especially Irving who is not the sharpest tool in the shed and can be a turnstile at times.:rolleyes: Bill will grind the clock out with the running game and underneath stuff to the RBs to keep Pat on the sidelines for as long as possible.

Mecca
01-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Actually in the 1st game they showed the Chiefs a bunch of cover 0 and all out blitzes...good chance they fake that shit and drop out this time.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 11:08 AM

Rush 4 and have your outside LB/DE play contain, like a zone blitz almost.

FAX
01-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Actually in the 1st game they showed the Chiefs a bunch of cover 0 and all out blitzes...good chance they fake that shit and drop out this time.

They mixed it up pretty well, actually. Cover 0 (obviously) and mega-blitzes in the red-zone, to be sure. They also ran Cover 0 in predictable passing downs (2nd and long, 3rd and long, etc.).

But it looks like either Cover 2 or Quarters and Single Safety most of the time. The tried to disguise their coverage too. A Cover 0 pre-snap look with the safety dropping fast and hard at the snap. Also showed man on motion but played zone in the middle.

The way I see it, if this hadn't been Mahomes' 7th game of his career, that first half would have been very different for our offense. Kelce could have had a much better game if Mahomes had been a little more cool and calm. He seemed uncomfortable in the first half and didn't see Open Kelce and Wide Damn Open Watkins a few times. Broke the pocket way too early when he didn't have to.

Wally needs to have an answer for Bill's red-zone defense, though. Those bastards get nasty down there.

FAX

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 11:10 AM

They also played cover 0 against Rivers too. I don't think they do it as much Sunday, BB isn't that kind of coach. He's going to change it all up.

Shaid
01-18-2019, 11:15 AM
yeah, I expect some effort to make Mahomes roll left so he needs to constantly make the contorted throws. He's great at them but the more you have to do it, the more likely you are to make a mistake.

kcclone
01-18-2019, 11:18 AM

Yeah, that's just bad analysis. Mahomes is not a guy that tries to pick up big yards by scrambling. He tries to get out of trouble when the pocket breaks down, to keep the play alive.

With that said, Belichick is not an idiot, so he won't do that.

bobbything
01-18-2019, 11:19 AM
They mixed it up pretty well, actually. Cover 0 (obviously) and mega-blitzes in the red-zone, to be sure. They also ran Cover 0 in predictable passing downs (2nd and long, 3rd and long, etc.).
IIRC, they ran Cover 0 on that Kelce overthrow that would have a been a TD. Instead we settle for 3. I think there was another overthrow of Hill (??) on a different drive where we settled for 3.

Honestly, if they run that again, I expect Mahomes to not make the same mistake(s). Though, I don't think they'll risk it again...especially in the red zone. Maybe in the middle of the field but I think they'll zone it up inside the 10(ish).

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Yeah, that's just bad analysis. Mahomes is not a guy that tries to pick up big yards by scrambling. He tries to get out of trouble when the pocket breaks down, to keep the play alive.

With that said, Belichick is not an idiot, so he won't do that.

Actually, that's exactly what he's going to do. In fact, that's what he DID in the first game many times.

It's not about Mahomes picking up yards with his feet, it's about him extending plays. The Pats are going to play a lot of man defense. Man defense breaks down when the play does, Pat rolls out and receivers break off their routes and start doing crazy stuff. That's how the Chiefs get chunk plays.

BB is going to contain on the right and try to force Mahomes to his left, where he has to throw across his body.

FAX
01-18-2019, 11:34 AM
IIRC, they ran Cover 0 on that Kelce overthrow that would have a been a TD. Instead we settle for 3. I think there was another overthrow of Hill (??) on a different drive where we settled for 3.

Honestly, if they run that again, I expect Mahomes to not make the same mistake(s). Though, I don't think they'll risk it again...especially in the red zone. Maybe in the middle of the field but I think they'll zone it up inside the 10(ish).

I just watched the All-22 of the first half again and saw (maybe) 2 Cover 0 schemes. There was one other Cover 0 "look" but the safety dropped out at the snap. Maybe people are seeing things differently, but when I see a deep safety, I don't think "Cover 0".

I've mentioned it before, but what killed us in that first half was the inability of the o-line to deal with their rush plan. They line up as though they're rushing 6 or 7, 3 drop out, and wind up rushing 3 (or sometimes 4). The problem was that almost all those rushers (the 3 or 4 guys) got into the backfield because the o-line was confused as hell and wound up blocking people who weren't coming (blocking air or each other, basically). That was a problem. There were other problems of course, but that was a key issue for us in that first half.

I'll bet they didn't blitz us more than 10 times all game.

FAX

kcclone
01-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Actually, that's exactly what he's going to do. In fact, that's what he DID in the first game many times.

It's not about Mahomes picking up yards with his feet, it's about him extending plays. The Pats are going to play a lot of man defense. Man defense breaks down when the play does, Pat rolls out and receivers break off their routes and start doing crazy stuff. That's how the Chiefs get chunk plays.

BB is going to contain on the right and try to force Mahomes to his left, where he has to throw across his body.

Great for us then

jjchieffan
01-18-2019, 12:01 PM
IDK about offense, but it appeared Indy identified something in our punt formations that they exploited. Hopefully we've looked at that this week.

The plan is, don't punt. Then that won't happen.

Imon Yourside
01-18-2019, 12:21 PM

But it looks like either Cover 2 or Quarters and Single Safety most of the time. The tried to disguise their coverage too. A Cover 0 pre-snap look with the safety dropping fast and hard at the snap. Also showed man on motion but played zone in the middle.

The way I see it, if this hadn't been Mahomes' 7th game of his career, that first half would have been very different for our offense. Kelce could have had a much better game if Mahomes had been a little more cool and calm. He seemed uncomfortable in the first half and didn't see Open Kelce and Wide Damn Open Watkins a few times. Broke the pocket way too early when he didn't have to.

Wally needs to have an answer for Bill's red-zone defense, though. Those bastards get nasty down there.

FAX

Well if the Cheatriots get away with tackling Kelce in the endzone I suspect it will be hard to score there.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Great for us then

It worked for a half. How else would you defend Mahomes?

Imon Yourside
01-18-2019, 12:30 PM

Study the Ostrich?

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 12:31 PM
Study the Ostrich?

ROFL

kcclone
01-18-2019, 12:34 PM

Not an easy assignment. I think your only hope to defend this offense is to get pressure with 4 and drop 7 (probably 6 DB's) and hope you can somehow contain our run game from that.

If you tie up 1-2 of your outside rushers by playing contain on Mahomes, then you either have to bring pressure with the blitz or go with a soft rush (3 or 4) and hope he doesn't have all day.

I like where our OL is at currently, if they don't try to bring pressure.

Mahomes showed plenty of patience last week. Eventually someone gets open if you don't pressure Mahomes.

Of course your best defense against our Offense is to limit possessions by long dink and dunk drives when the Pats have the ball.

This won't be a 44-40 type game, IMO.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Not an easy assignment. I think your only hope to defend this offense is to get pressure with 4 and drop 7 (probably 6 DB's) and hope you can somehow contain our run game from that.

If you tie up 1-2 of your outside rushers by playing contain on Mahomes, then you either have to bring pressure with the blitz or go with a soft rush (3 or 4) and hope he doesn't have all day.

Mahomes showed plenty of patience last week. Eventually someone gets open if you don't pressure Mahomes.

The problem with that, as it has been all year, is that you're basically designing a defense to keep him in the pocket. As Colinsworth said last weekend, the idea that Mahomes doesn't operate well in the pocket is a myth. You're inviting him to pick apart your defense.

The Patriots don't have Ford, Houston, and Jones. A 4-man rush isn't going to get it done. They're going to have to blitz and try to make him uncomfortable, which means he's going to be scrambling a lot. If they try to use a CB, somebody isn't covered well enough.

Of course, we're both talking about hypotheticals. As you can see from the discussion we're having, you really can't stop Patrick Mahomes. ;)

FringeNC
01-18-2019, 12:43 PM

Of course your best defense against our Offense is to limit possessions by long dink and dunk drives when the Pats have the ball.

This won't be a 44-40 type game, IMO.

Sure, if the Pats can get consistent pressure with a 4-man front, they're going to win. Same goes for us.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Gotta consider the combination of 'want to' and 'able to'.

Look - the Pats can get all gung-ho about 'taking away' Tyreek Hill all they want, but that's gonna be a Pyrrhic victory for them.

JC Jackson is a revelation and a hell of a find for them. But y'know, there's a lot of Charvarious Ward in him as well and if you asked me if I'd be comfortable telling Ward - "okay, Tyreek Hill is yours, go get 'em"...uh, no.

And so that leaves them sending Gilmore out there to cover him and that's where the Pyrrhic element comes into play. If they really want to take Gilmore, who's really capable of shutting down his entire side if they use him that way, and have him wear himself slick chasing Tyreek Hill all over the field --- okay. Have fun with that. But the jet actions, long crossers and downfield routes are going to take a lot of piss of out Gilmore. When you have some of the league's top corners talking about just not being able to keep their legs under them trying to shadow that guy, that means something.

I think BB will understand that the cost of trying to shut down Hill will just be too great. Instead he needs to bank on the fact that the biggest homerun plays to Hill are also the hardest ones to simply execute well. Play him as you would most other WRs and hope that Mahomes just misses.

Because if you throw a shitload of capital at trying to stop Hill, you're ceding far easier throws to Watkins and Kelce. Hell, Williams out of the backfield could go crazy. And all of those throws will be simple pitches and catches for 8 yards here, 14 yards there. Low degree of difficulty, high margin for error throws that will bleed them out.

If I'm the Patriots I think I do the opposite of what everyone else is saying - I MAKE them beat me with big plays and hope they can't. I look to shut down the underneath routes to Watkins and Kelce that Mahomes can make (literally) with his eyes closed. I go out there and hope that he simply misses on a few of those, get them behind the sticks, gets them punting and the offense can answer to the tune of a 10-14 point lead that gets that crowd real nervous, real fast.

If the Patriots win this game it will be because the Chiefs didn't execute at their best. If both teams play A games, the Chiefs will win it. So they have to operate under the assumption that the way to force a B game will be a combination of higher level throws and unforced errors.

siberian khatru
01-18-2019, 01:04 PM
I think BB will understand that the cost of trying to shut down Hill will just be too great. Instead he needs to bank on the fact that the biggest homerun plays to Hill are also the hardest ones to simply execute well. Play him as you would most other WRs and hope that Mahomes just misses.

Because if you throw a shitload of capital at trying to stop Hill, you're ceding far easier throws to Watkins and Kelce. Hell, Williams out of the backfield could go crazy. And all of those throws will be simple pitches and catches for 8 yards here, 14 yards there. Low degree of difficulty, high margin for error throws that will bleed them out.

If I'm the Patriots I think I do the opposite of what everyone else is saying - I MAKE them beat me with big plays and hope they can't. I look to shut down the underneath routes to Watkins and Kelce that Mahomes can make (literally) with his eyes closed. I go out there and hope that he simply misses on a few of those, get them behind the sticks, gets them punting and the offense can answer to the tune of a 10-14 point lead that gets that crowd real nervous, real fast.

If the Patriots win this game it will be because the Chiefs didn't execute at their best. If both teams play A games, the Chiefs will win it. So they have to operate under the assumption that the way to force a B game will be a combination of higher level throws and unforced errors.

This is exactly how my thinking has evolved this week. Mahomes has been missing Hill lately. I think they gamble that he continues that -- and in a big game, if he misses Hill early, he might become a bit frustrated and miss him more, or try to go back to him too often looking for redemption.

But if Mahomes and Hill are clicking ... lights out.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-18-2019, 01:09 PM
I imagine they will try and take Hill and Kelce away. If anyone can take both of them away, it is probably Belichick. Now, will it work, idk but that is what I imagine they will do along with 0 coverage again. But since he played that card week 6, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't do it as often but goes to it at times.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2019, 01:10 PM
This is exactly how my thinking has evolved this week. Mahomes has been missing Hill lately. I think they gamble that he continues that -- and in a big game, if he misses Hill early, he might become a bit frustrated and miss him more, or try to go back to him too often looking for redemption.

But if Mahomes and Hill are clicking ... lights out.

Exactly.

Look - if the Chiefs play well, the Patriots ain't winning. They just aren't. It's a testament to how ungodly good of a coach Bill Belichick is that I'm still nervous. The chiefs are as good or better at every meaningful personnel group if Berry can get on the field. The Pats have an edge at ILB but if you just refer to 'DL' and 'LB', I'd take our group on both fronts. The secondaries are similarly mediocre with the Patriots having both the best and worst players in that group, IMO and the Chiefs having a little more depth.

Our WRs absolutely smoke theirs and our TE is better than theirs. I like our OL just a little more though I will acknowledge that the Patriots are much like the Colts - their whole is better than its parts. I like their RBs better than ours but really, that's just how they've been utilized more than anything. Williams and White are effectively the exact same player and Michel, while probably a little better than Ware, is going to be neutralized somewhat by the silent snap count impacting the OL's get-off.

The Chiefs are BETTER than the Patriots. They just are. So if the Patriots try to put together a gameplan that says "well we're just going to go out there and whup 'em" - they're doing it wrong. They need to do some triage here and say "well hell, let's hope that the rotting leg here doesn't kill the patient and we'll work on everything else..."

Dammit I wish Bill Belichick wasn't their coach...

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 01:20 PM
It's how they won the first matchup. Mahomes was off and missed wide open throws for easy scores.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-18-2019, 01:22 PM
It's how they won the first matchup. Mahomes was off and missed wide open throws for easy scores.

Yeah, you could tell he was jacked for the occasion. Don't think that happens this time but it will probably take him a drive or two to really get a feel for BB defense.

Discuss Thrower
01-18-2019, 01:30 PM
Take away the middle of the field and force plays along the sidelines?

RunKC
01-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Exactly.

Look - if the Chiefs play well, the Patriots ain't winning. They just aren't. It's a testament to how ungodly good of a coach Bill Belichick is that I'm still nervous. The chiefs are as good or better at every meaningful personnel group if Berry can get on the field. The Pats have an edge at ILB but if you just refer to 'DL' and 'LB', I'd take our group on both fronts. The secondaries are similarly mediocre with the Patriots having both the best and worst players in that group, IMO and the Chiefs having a little more depth.

Our WRs absolutely smoke theirs and our TE is better than theirs. I like our OL just a little more though I will acknowledge that the Patriots are much like the Colts - their whole is better than its parts. I like their RBs better than ours but really, that's just how they've been utilized more than anything. Williams and White are effectively the exact same player and Michel, while probably a little better than Ware, is going to be neutralized somewhat by the silent snap count impacting the OL's get-off.

The Chiefs are BETTER than the Patriots. They just are. So if the Patriots try to put together a gameplan that says "well we're just going to go out there and whup 'em" - they're doing it wrong. They need to do some triage here and say "well hell, let's hope that the rotting leg here doesn't kill the patient and we'll work on everything else..."

Dammit I wish Bill Belichick wasn't their coach...

I feel like Damien Williams might be a big part of this game. I foresee Bill doubling Kelce and playing cover 2/cover 3 to take away the big play. I think there will be a lot
Of eyes on those guys.

And when that happens I think Andy will take advantage of it by disguising and running plays like this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damien Williams is left open and gains 32 for the <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a>! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a><br><br>📺: <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nflnetwork</a> + <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFLonFOX</a><br>📱+💻: <a href="https://t.co/DJUityQHC9">https://t.co/DJUityQHC9</a> <a href="https://t.co/IckwVx34JA">pic.twitter.com/IckwVx34JA</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1073394090098581506?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

T-post Tom
01-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Their mojo?

https://media.giphy.com/media/8oe1ekRC6kjPq/giphy.gif

T-post Tom
01-18-2019, 01:35 PM

Their mojo?

https://media.giphy.com/media/8oe1ekRC6kjPq/giphy.gif

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 01:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> Tyreek Hill in answering question about Belichick trying to take away the best player on the other team: &quot;I don&#39;t consider myself the best player on this team.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLeyden/status/1086346368246050816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut
01-18-2019, 01:37 PM
I feel like Damien Williams might be a big part of this game. I foresee Bill doubling Kelce and playing cover 2/cover 3 to take away the big play. I think there will be a lot
Of eyes on those guys.

I feel like if they try to double/bracket Kelce AND play zone around him, they're gonna leave themselves some serious gaps in their zones. That's just an impossibly difficult ask of a secondary to fold those targeted brackets into a broader zone concept.

It makes for a ton of switches, etc... that few defenses are able to execute well time and time again. With this offense, a blown coverage is pretty much a gimme first down. Sure, it's the safest way to neutralize Kelce and still attempt to avoid the big plays out wide, but the execution has to be pristine and if it isn't, the result is an easy 20+ yard gain.

The run game is going to be a lot of 3-wide with 11 personnel and Williams on inside zones, etc... We're not going to be able to beat them with power running but Williams has shown such good shiftiness and first step quickness that if you can get the D a little spread out, I think you can use him well between the hashes.

Which is another reason that I think BB isn't going to commit hard to stopping Hill. The more he does that, the more he opens himself up to those inside delayed handoffs and an easy 5-6 yards/pop.

I think BB knows he can't give us easy money, even if it's only a nickel or a dime at a time. He has to make this team earn it through execution and he'll do that by forcing Mahomes to make the harder throws outside and Hill (or Watkins) to make those tougher contested catches downfield.

-King-
01-18-2019, 03:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> Tyreek Hill in answering question about Belichick trying to take away the best player on the other team: &quot;I don&#39;t consider myself the best player on this team.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLeyden/status/1086346368246050816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tyreek is so good at interviews and deflecting credit.

suzzer99
01-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Gotta consider the combination of 'want to' and 'able to'.

Look - the Pats can get all gung-ho about 'taking away' Tyreek Hill all they want, but that's gonna be a Pyrrhic victory for them.

JC Jackson is a revelation and a hell of a find for them. But y'know, there's a lot of Charvarious Ward in him as well and if you asked me if I'd be comfortable telling Ward - "okay, Tyreek Hill is yours, go get 'em"...uh, no.

And so that leaves them sending Gilmore out there to cover him and that's where the Pyrrhic element comes into play. If they really want to take Gilmore, who's really capable of shutting down his entire side if they use him that way, and have him wear himself slick chasing Tyreek Hill all over the field --- okay. Have fun with that. But the jet actions, long crossers and downfield routes are going to take a lot of piss of out Gilmore. When you have some of the league's top corners talking about just not being able to keep their legs under them trying to shadow that guy, that means something.

This is what I'd do if I was BB. We'll see what happens.

Regarding Mahomes on deep balls - dumbass Fouts actually had some good advice on this one - Mahomes need to put more loft under his deep balls, to let his receiver track it and add a little wiggle room.

Seems like he's throwing these 40-50 yard ropes that just have to be perfect to hit the receiver in stride. With a little loft the receiver might have to come back a little and get tackled. But at least he catches it. Or if it's a little overthrown Tyreek can turn on the afterburners and maybe catch up to it. That is a massive luxury to have - a receiver who can get a few steps on a DB w/o even running full speed. We need to take advantage of it.