PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DJ on 810

InChiefsHeaven
01-18-2019, 09:54 AM
He'll be at the game. 13 years on the team, and I think he's being good about how happy he is for this team...but it's gotta be killing him that he won't be suited up...He said he'll be coaching the defense from his seat, though he's sure it'll be too loud to make a difference.

I really love this guy. I couldn't hear the whole thing as I'm at work, but I admit, I feel kinda bad for DJ. Friggin' warrior for this team, and I hope if we win that they let him down on the field, because he's a true Chief.

threebag
01-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Hitchens disappoints sometimes but Ragland is disappointing

If only DJ had Haglunds he would still be one of 53

The whistle has blown, play is dead, forward progress

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Bring in for look/kick tires/show kids ropes?

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Yeah I feel bad for DJ as well... he just missed out on being a part of the Mahomes era.

Considering some of the shitty QB's he had to play with in KC that is too bad.

Cheater5
01-18-2019, 09:59 AM
He'll be at the game. 13 years on the team, and I think he's being good about how happy he is for this team...but it's gotta be killing him that he won't be suited up...He said he'll be coaching the defense from his seat, though he's sure it'll be too loud to make a difference.

I really love this guy. I couldn't hear the whole thing as I'm at work, but I admit, I feel kinda bad for DJ. Friggin' warrior for this team, and I hope if we win that they let him down on the field, because he's a true Chief.

Agree completely. For years it seemed like he, Tamba and Jamaal were the only three guys on the team that played with 100% effort, no matter how bad their record.

We wasted a lot of talent back in the dark ages.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2019, 10:00 AM
It's still a little puzzling to me that they couldn't have found a way to get him on the 53 man, if only to make him a gameday inactive. I guess it probably has a lot to do with Reid's deferral to Toub on STs matter. If DJ can't play STs, they ain't putting him out there.

Though I still feel like he may have had a drop or two of gas left in the tank. Sure would've been nice to see him around even in a quasi-coaching capacity for this run. But I guess you've gotta draw a line somewhere and how far away from bringing back guys like Tamba Hali would you find yourself at that point.

lcarus
01-18-2019, 10:01 AM
I totally figured we would've signed DJ once he was cut. Not necessarily to start but to play a few snaps. Hes a good guy to have on the team.

BigRedChief
01-18-2019, 10:04 AM
Yeah I feel bad for DJ as well... he just missed out on being a part of the Mahomes era.

Considering some of the shitty QB's he had to play with in KC that is too bad.Why? You feel bad that Tony G missed out? Priest? Their era was over. So was DJ's. His determination and fire was exactly what this team needs but.......last year you could see him recognize where he needed to be but was just too slow to get there. Time had caught up to him. No one escapes father time. He was on Cowheard talking about still playing. He needs to wake up to the reality his playing days are over.

AND he was offered a job on Reids staff as a coach this year. Thats a big deal. He could have been part of this. He and Reid have confirmed this publicly. Reid has said he has a job on his staff anytime he wants the job. He probably could have made the defense better as a coach.

DaFace
01-18-2019, 10:05 AM
It's still a little puzzling to me that they couldn't have found a way to get him on the 53 man, if only to make him a gameday inactive. I guess it probably has a lot to do with Reid's deferral to Toub on STs matter. If DJ can't play STs, they ain't putting him out there.

Though I still feel like he may have had a drop or two of gas left in the tank. Sure would've been nice to see him around even in a quasi-coaching capacity for this run. But I guess you've gotta draw a line somewhere and how far away from bringing back guys like Tamba Hali would you find yourself at that point.

Seems like I read somewhere that Andy invited him to come back as a coach in some capacity this year but he still wanted to play. Wonder if he's kicking himself for not taking the offer now.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 10:07 AM
Why? You feel bad that Tony G missed out? Priest? Their era was over. So was DJ's.

DJ missed out by one year.

He played his entire career in KC with mostly mediocre QB play and then missed out on playing with Mahomes by one year.

Chiefshrink
01-18-2019, 10:11 AM
He should be the one banging the drum.:clap:

BigRedChief
01-18-2019, 10:11 AM
Seems like I read somewhere that Andy invited him to come back as a coach in some capacity this year but he still wanted to play. Wonder if he's kicking himself for not taking the offer now.He said what I said in the earlier post from the podium at a press conference. I'm sure someone can find the film.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2019, 10:12 AM

He could of put the team on his back and willed them to victory. But he didn’t.

BigRedChief
01-18-2019, 10:13 AM
He should be the one banging the drum.:clap:You cant really complain about the owner, the son of who the trophy they are playing for is named after banging the drum.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2019, 10:14 AM
He could of put the team on his back and willed them to victory. But he didn’t.

Father Time caught up with him.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Father Time caught up with him.

He was part. If the 32 Defense, actually the leader of the 32 defense. Just not interested in holding on to the past when we have buried the curse of Marty and are starting a new NFL level era of chiefs football.

Thanks for the few memories. But it’s all about the future now.

InChiefsHeaven
01-18-2019, 10:21 AM
He's probably now kicking himself for turning the coaching job down, but I hope he'l be here in some capacity next year. As far as him feeling like he could still play...that's probably not uncommon for guys like him who love the game and just don't know when to quit. I'm sure he's been taught a lesson. He could have been here as a coach...hopefully he'll be here next year in some capacity.

bobbything
01-18-2019, 10:21 AM
He's been on some really good teams and some reeeeaaaalllly bad teams too. Suffered through 5 head coaches, countless defensive coordinators, and one mediocre-to-horrible QB after another.

If any player deserved the Johnny Gomes treatment, it's DJ. Seriously, cut Zombo and have DJ stand on the sideline.

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 10:26 AM
Hopefully he signs on to be an assistant coach next year.

Brooklyn
01-18-2019, 10:29 AM
he really should have taken the coaching job. not only did he miss out on this experience, he now has Raiders stink on him. Still love DJ and I'm sure he'll be back with the franchise soon, but why even have that tarnish on your name?

Reerun_KC
01-18-2019, 10:30 AM
He's been on some really good teams and some reeeeaaaalllly bad teams too. Suffered through 5 head coaches, countless defensive coordinators, and one mediocre-to-horrible QB after another.

If any player deserved the Johnny Gomes treatment, it's DJ. Seriously, cut Zombo and have DJ stand on the sideline.

Can DJ contribute on special teams in anyway at all. Cause Zombo does....

bigjosh
01-18-2019, 10:30 AM
He should be the one banging the drum.:clap:

Fuck that. He wore a raiders uniform this season. He can EABOD until next year.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2019, 10:31 AM
**** that. He wore a raiders uniform this season. He can EABOD until next year.

My man. We stated.

scho63
01-18-2019, 10:33 AM

This for sure - DJ is easily in my Top Ten all time favorite Chiefs. Guy was a class act on and off the field and a great player.

I still really hope he becomes a LB coach for the Chiefs with Eric Berry being a DB coach next year AFTER we win the Super Bowl! :clap:

WhawhaWhat
01-18-2019, 10:36 AM

Put O'Daniel on IR if he's not coming back and then re-sign DJ. Imagine that meeting room when DJ walks through the door to take a seat with the rest of the team.

FAX
01-18-2019, 10:36 AM
Forward progress. End of the line.

Then he became a freaking Raider.

Life is weird.

FAX

Buehler445
01-18-2019, 10:37 AM
It is truly unfortunate that he isn't in his prime today. Can you imagine a Prime DJ in todays game? Christ, we've played what, 1 power team all year? He'd be so good in the league today.

carcosa
01-18-2019, 10:37 AM
At this point why not hire him as a consultant and let him coach for real????

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 10:40 AM
At this point why not hire him as a consultant and let him coach for real????

1. We offered it to him and he turned it down.
2. It's fucking pointless now. He isn't helping out shit this late in the season.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2019, 10:43 AM
We already have one vagabond on the team. We don’t need anymore charity cases.

bobbything
01-18-2019, 11:11 AM
Can DJ contribute on special teams in anyway at all. Cause Zombo does....
I'd like to think that the franchise's all-time leading tackler could contribute on special teams. I tend to think that they had that discussion after last year and Johnson said, "Thanks, but no thanks. I want to play LB."

I have no evidence of that but I would have a difficult time believing that Frank Zombo would be some sort of major special teams upgrade over Derrick Johnson.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 11:13 AM
1. We offered it to him and he turned it down.
2. It's fucking pointless now. He isn't helping out shit this late in the season.

Yep. He had the chance.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-18-2019, 11:29 AM
He sure looked effective on the 'forward progress' play last year...

Rasputin
01-18-2019, 11:32 AM
Hopefully he signs on to be an assistant coach next year.

How bout DC and take Bob Sutton job I'm pretty sure DJ can scheme for a game

Rasputin
01-18-2019, 11:33 AM
I'd give DJ Eric Berrys roster spot and give him a play in the Super Bowl.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-18-2019, 12:10 PM
How bout DC and take Bob Sutton job I'm pretty sure DJ can scheme for a game

Oh my, you're still on the "Fire Sutton" train?

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-18-2019, 12:10 PM

Stop. Stop posting. It's ten after 1 in the afternoon, you shouldn't be this drunk.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Stop. Stop posting. It's ten after 1 in the afternoon, you shouldn't be this drunk.

No kidding. Literally can't get any worse.

Wants to cut Eric Berry because he's a loser that stood on the sideline all season in Chiefs gear and wants to give the roster spot to DJ, who would rather PLAY FOR THE RAIDERS than be an assistant coach for the Chiefs.

:facepalm:

Demonpenz
01-18-2019, 12:42 PM
If he can walk and think it is a blessing he is done.

wheeler08
01-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Don’t get me wrong, I love DJ, one of my all time favorites. But he can kiss my ass right now! You guys are all talking about the interview where he said Andy offered him a coaching job, did you forget in the same interview he practically begged the Patriots to call him? And we play the Patriots this weekend if you forgot. He practically wishes he was on the other side of the field! Fuck him!
But I’d welcome him back next year as a coaching assistant

BWillie
01-18-2019, 01:09 PM
DJ right now, playing drunk & hung over, is better than Ragland and Hitchens. I don't care how old he is.

FAX
01-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Those guys had a great interview with Clark as well. I encourage all Chiefs fans to listen.

It's available as an 810 podcast on their site.

FAX

threebag
01-18-2019, 04:31 PM

Yes so much of this. DJ’s spirit wants to be on the field

Mecca
01-18-2019, 04:34 PM
DJ is more done than Berry what is with you guys?

Dude would rather play for the Raiders or any team willing to sign him than take a coaching job he was offered..he'd sign with the Pats tomorrow...

He doesn't have any loyalty to you so stop acting like you have some to him, it's getting dumb.

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 04:40 PM
DJ is more done than Berry what is with you guys?

Dude would rather play for the Raiders or any team willing to sign him than take a coaching job he was offered..he'd sign with the Pats tomorrow...

He doesn't have any loyalty to you so stop acting like you have some to him, it's getting dumb.

They're fucking retards......that is what is "with" them.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-18-2019, 04:59 PM
If DJ doesn’t play next year I bet you he will be coaching next year. Linebackers coach please. Inside linebackers coach actually

Bump
01-18-2019, 06:02 PM
I love DJ, he was such a beast for us for such a long time. Him and Lanier have to be the greatest MLB/ILB's for us ever. Glad he's going to be there watching the game at Arrowhead!

Hammock Parties
01-18-2019, 06:03 PM
They should put a stuntman in a Mariota jersey and let DJ tackle him before the game.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-18-2019, 06:03 PM
They're ****ing retards......that is what is "with" them.

ROFL

threebag
01-18-2019, 08:03 PM
Don’t know if DJ ever questioned his spirit

CoMoChief
01-18-2019, 08:09 PM
I remember when we drafted DJ.

I was living in Columbia w/ all of my Rams fan friends who I did FFL with, we watched the draft. I remember wanting DJ so bad, dude was being compared to Derrick Brooks and he was a badass at UT. We just hired Gunther back and we needed a LB bad.

Saw Detroit take another WR for like the 3rd yr in a row and remember seeing the only team that would take DJ was Carolina...when they selected Thomas Davis, I leaped out of my chair because I knew DJ was gonna be the pick. Glad he ended up being a badass Chief, because those first few seasons when he was playing SLB in 43, weren't too good. He excelled in 34 though.

Met DJ in 2010 at a bowling alley of all places. Super nice guy. He'll be one of my fave Chiefs forever. Wish him nothing else but the best. Saw him on Cowturd's show a couple days ago...he's not a well spoken guy or maybe he was nervous on TV, stutters alot, so I don't think a TV/NFL gig is in his future. Heard he was offered coaching position under Reid. I wouldn't be surprised if he went that route but who knows.

Chris Meck
01-18-2019, 08:40 PM
I think he was just nervous on TV. It's not something that feels normal until you do it all the time.

I'd love DJ as a coach.

Sofa King
01-18-2019, 09:18 PM
I saw that show. He had a far less dominant speaking voise than what i thought he had. Higher pitched. Him and Dee Ford.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2019, 11:54 PM
DJ is a wet dish rag. Or a wet bag Of dicks. No thinks.