PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting thoughts about this weekends game...

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 05:48 PM
Talking through all of the matchups and schemes this week got me thinking (I know, probably not a good thing but bear with me).

The last time the Chiefs were in the AFCCG, it was 25 years ago almost to the day (January 23rd, 1994).

On that day, a shutdown Chiefs defense under defensive masterminds Marty Schottenheimer and Bill Cowher showed up with an aging all-time great QB and an efficient but not spectacular, run-based offense.

The got beat, on the road, by an offensive-minded team with a salty defense that wasn't very good against the run (21 out of 28 teams) but an offense that had weapons everywhere and could run teams right off the field.

How weird is it that almost exactly one quarter century later, the situation is almost EXACTLY reversed?

Best22
01-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Pats have a better coach than KC did

RN47
01-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Everything comes around again; the serpent eats its tail.

TwistedChief
01-18-2019, 05:59 PM
I like the parallels but I'd rather Brady suffer through the entire game rather than being concussed. He should soak in every moment of this defeat himself.

Bewbies
01-18-2019, 06:00 PM
I’d like Brady to have his last Arrowhead appearance have the same rating Manning did.

TEX
01-18-2019, 06:04 PM
As long as Kimble Anders doesn't beach ball a sure TD pass into an INT right before halftime, and as long as Mahomes doesn't get concussed, we'll be fine.

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 06:05 PM
I like the parallels but I'd rather Brady suffer through the entire game rather than being concussed. He should soak in every moment of this defeat himself.

I want him benched.

Amnorix
01-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Seems really, stunningly, irrelevant, but whatever makes you happy I guess. :shrug:

stevieray
01-18-2019, 06:30 PM
Seems really, stunningly, irrelevant, but whatever makes you happy I guess. :shrug:

stunningly irelevant?

:rolleyes:

Piss pound the pats.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 06:46 PM
As long as Kimble Anders doesn't beach ball a sure TD pass into an INT right before halftime, and as long as Mahomes doesn't get concussed, we'll be fine.

We're the Bills in this scenario. They're the Chiefs.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 06:49 PM

It's not analysis. It's an observation about weird unexplainable things that happen, like Jesus' face on a piece of toast, or Kim Kardashian's backside. Like when you look at a cheeseburger and think the cheese running out of the edge looks the drool on a Pats fan's chin.

You know, stuff like that.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Pats have a bunch of no-talent assclowns at WR, too.

Very similar.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Cowher wasn't Defensive Coordinator then, he was already in Pittsburgh.

Another weird thing is where the Super Bowl is. When we played the Bills, the Super Bowl was in Atlanta. When we play the Patriots, the Super Bowl is in Atlanta.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Cowher wasn't Defensive Coordinator then, he was already in Pittsburgh.

Ah yes, that's right. That was Dave's first year.

Another weird thing is where the Super Bowl is. When we played the Bills, the Super Bowl was in Atlanta. When we play the Patriots, the Super Bowl is in Atlanta.

Whoa! Weird. Lincoln-Kennedy, Kennedy-Lincoln stuff right there...

The Franchise
01-18-2019, 08:36 PM
I think this was meant for this thread.

1993 Chiefs: 11-5

1993 Bills: 12-4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LastNearGalapagospenguin-small.gif

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 08:37 PM
Whoa.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.omega-level.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2FMINDBLOWN.gif&f=1

Hammock Parties
01-18-2019, 08:37 PM
thank you squire

carcosa
01-18-2019, 08:42 PM

What do you call a dead Patriots fan?

A good start!!!!!!!!!!!!

HemiEd
01-18-2019, 09:03 PM
What I remember most about that season and the reason the Chiefs had to go to Buffalo for the AFCCG, was due to Marty kicking a FG from the Bears 1, instead of going for it. The Bears came down and scored to win the game.

I very seriously doubt if they would have gone 99 yards if the Chiefs would have gone for it and not made it. :banghead:

BigRedChief
01-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Talking through all of the matchups and schemes this week got me thinking (I know, probably not a good thing but bear with me).

The last time the Chiefs were in the AFCCG, it was 25 years ago almost to the day (January 23rd, 1994).

On that day, a shutdown Chiefs defense under defensive masterminds Marty Schottenheimer and Bill Cowher showed up with an aging all-time great QB and an efficient but not spectacular, run-based offense.

The got beat, on the road, by an offensive-minded team with a salty defense that wasn't very good against the run (21 out of 28 teams) but an offense that had weapons everywhere and could run teams right off the field.

How weird is it that almost exactly one quarter century later, the situation is almost EXACTLY reversed?the only reason we lost that game was Montana got a concussion. If he doesn’t, no one will ever convince me that we wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl that year.

MagicHef
01-18-2019, 10:01 PM
I never thought I'd see a fan base wanting to emulate the Bills' playoff experience.

htismaqe
01-18-2019, 10:04 PM
I never thought I'd see a fan base wanting to emulate the Bills' playoff experience.

ROFL

Not that kind of thread. :D

NJChiefsFan
01-18-2019, 10:08 PM

Well of course. Talking about a quarter century of time between conference title games would make any fan base happy....

KChiefs1
01-18-2019, 10:46 PM
Patriots media on matchup.

https://youtu.be/2Fp1eMzCUqM