PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I’ve waited my life for this

frozenchief
01-20-2019, 04:44 PM
I was born 3 months before KC’s last Super Bowl. I became a Chiefs fan in the late 70s when we had some shitty teams. My grandson was born 5 days ago. I watch this game with him. He will be a Chiefs fan after me.

I was in college when my dad told me Peterson was the new GM and he’d hired Schottenheimer.

I was in law school when Montana took us to the last AFC Championship game.

I remember where I was when Lin Eliot missed that last kick, when I heard DT had died, when Pioli became GM. I remember Andy’s hiring. I remember Pioli’s firing. I remember watching the draft on my computer as I was at work and seeing that it would not be Buffalo #10 pick but that the Chiefs had traded up and I know it would be a QB.

I don’t know what we will do today but I know we have the best QB in football. There are several things that make me think that Andy and Brett both thought Mahomes would use this year as a maturation year, a growing year, and that their expectation of great things would be for the 2019 season and later. I think that Mahomes is better than they expected, better than they hoped.

For the first time in my life, I don’t think that we are here simply because the ball bounced the right way or that things worked out for us. We are here because Pat Mahomes has, on numerous occasions, looked at the offense and said, essentially, “I am Patrick Mahomes II and we are the Kansas-fucking-City Chiefs. We are going to win this game.” Baltimore and Denver leap to mind.

The fact of the matter is, opposing teams now have to plan for OUR QB. They have to plan for someone who does things no one else has ever done. They have to plan for a QB that makes the impossible look easy. They plan and they fear.

Well know this: This is our time. This is our game. This is our QB.

Chris Meck
01-20-2019, 04:47 PM
fuck yeah. I was born in '72. Moved to MO in '80 and became a Chiefs fan that year (home team.)
We've suffered long enough.

Talon_9
01-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Hell yeah!

Braincase
01-20-2019, 04:50 PM
I became aware of football in 1970. I was six years old. Nebraska had won the natty, and the Chiefs won the Superbowl.

If we win today, I will be in tears.

I know I won't be alone.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2019, 04:50 PM
Same here. Born in 73. Went through the hopeless Marty years. The Dark ages of Herm and Crennel.

This is life changing.

Hydrae
01-20-2019, 04:52 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CHIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 04:56 PM
I was born in 1996... Two years after Montana's AFC Championship game. I was dressed in Chiefs gear and going to training camp with my parents before I could even put sentences together. I've been waiting MY lifetime for this exact game and this feeling. I can't believe it's actually happening. I haven't felt this type of emotion or nerves since the 2015 World Series. Let's go!!!!

Chris Meck
01-20-2019, 04:58 PM
I had just moved here and Gary Spani and Henry Marshall came to my school; some community thing with the Police or something. DARE, something like that. And gave us football cards and signed autographs. So those were my first Chiefs heroes.

Prison Bitch
01-20-2019, 05:00 PM
I was born in 1996... Two years after Montana's AFC Championship game. I was dressed in Chiefs gear and going to training camp with my parents before I could even put sentences together. I've been waiting a lifetime for this exact game and this feeling. I can't believe it's actually happening. I haven't felt this type of emotion or nerves since the 2015 World Series. Let's go!!!!

You’re 22, not quite a lifetime. But glad to have you on board.

Chris Meck
01-20-2019, 05:02 PM
I was born in 1996... Two years after Montana's AFC Championship game. I was dressed in Chiefs gear and going to training camp with my parents before I could even put sentences together. I've been waiting a lifetime for this exact game and this feeling. I can't believe it's actually happening. I haven't felt this type of emotion or nerves since the 2015 World Series. Let's go!!!!

I've got longjohns older than you. ROFL

it's all good. Let's go win this thing.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 05:03 PM
You’re 22, not quite a lifetime. But glad to have you on board.

Lol fair... Sorry, I meant I've waited my whole life for this. :D:D

RN47
01-20-2019, 05:03 PM
What would be awesome if there was some kind of jammin song that had heavy double drums and talked about waiting for a moment all your life. That would kick righteous ass.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-20-2019, 05:06 PM
I want to win this game so bad lol. It's so odd that all my Chiefs memories came rushing back this week. I really really hope we win this.

otherstar
01-20-2019, 05:06 PM
Hell yeah! I was born roughly 9 months after Super Bowl IV and was raised to be a Chiefs fan. I barely remember going, but my first game was in 1974 at Arrowhead when the Chiefs played the Raiders. I went to a handful of games in the 80's, and much more in the 90's when my Uncle had season seats. I'm SO ready for this game!!!

BIG K
01-20-2019, 05:16 PM
Born the year the Chiefs won the SuperBowl. Became a fan in 1990. Time to slay the dragon!!!

Rain Man
01-20-2019, 05:17 PM
I'm ready. I've been practicing for this game for 48 years.

jimidollar
01-20-2019, 06:44 PM
Not looking like it right now.

Ming the Merciless
01-20-2019, 06:48 PM
Because chiefs