PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why is Mahomes incapable of running a 4 minute offense

Pages : [1] 2

Iconic
01-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Yeah yeah yeah defense sucks ass and Mahomes got us to OT. Cool, I don't give a flying fuck. Mahomes and Andy have serious fucking issues they need to fix. And to be frank I think it's a Mahomes issue more than an Andy one. He seems obsessed with the deep ball even when we very clearly don't need it or want it. Like he literally threw bomb after bomb on our second to last drive and one of those bombs almost got picked.

I love Mahomes as much as anyone else, but I'm hoping this isn't some weird Favre like bullshit that plagues his career forever. Hopefully Andy can drill him into being a smarter QB.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 09:35 PM
This is about reason #5644839374847336 on why we lost this game... Get your mind right dude.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-20-2019, 09:38 PM
Part of the problem is the line can’t consistently get push in the ground game so they were having to throw to stay ahead of the sticks.

DRM08
01-20-2019, 09:38 PM
He dropped 31 points in the second half on Belichick. If you want to blame Mahomes for anything, blame him for the sack in first half that cost them a field goal. That field goal would have won the game.

carcosa
01-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Shut the fuck up

Best22
01-20-2019, 09:42 PM
There’s no such thing as “scoring too quickly” if you have a defense

I blame 85% of this on the defense

Indian Chief
01-20-2019, 09:42 PM
If scoring too fast is an issue, you have bigger problems -- like a shitty defense.

Lprechaun
01-20-2019, 09:45 PM
19 career games..... he is just fine

TribalElder
01-20-2019, 09:48 PM
There’s no such thing as “scoring too quickly” if you have a defense

I blame 85% of this on the defense

actually this is 100% accurate

if you know the defense sucks though you can't score too quickly

38yrsfan
01-20-2019, 09:48 PM
Something the should have been considered of course, which it probably was - clock management.

Most likely Mahomes and Reid were utilizing strengths that were working so far and which unfortunately don't burn the minutes.

Iconic
01-20-2019, 09:50 PM
This is about reason #5644839374847336 on why we lost this game... Get your mind right dude.

We got the ball with 3:26 left on the clock down 4 in the fourth. Instead of taking our time, we ran a 7 play drive with 4 of those plays being deep shots by Mahomes. This matters. Closing games matters. That's how you win in this league and why Brady is regarded as the GOAT.

Sannyasi
01-20-2019, 09:50 PM
If you are giving the ball back to Brady with plenty of time and 3 timeouts, then yeah you are scoring too quickly. People are really blaming the defense for not stopping the best QB of all time? That's fucking ridiculous. Sometimes you need some situational football. When we have the ball with 4 minutes left and are down 3, you need to be planning on running out the clock, not chucking the ball deep every play. It was horrible offensive coaching by Reid on that drive.

Iconic
01-20-2019, 09:52 PM
We literally just played a game where we got finessed by Belichick through clock manipulation and you guys want to tell me scoring too fast doesn't mean shit. Ok. The Pats had 43 fucking minutes of TOP, they had almost double the amount of first downs, but keep living in your fantasy worlds and blaming it all on our dog shit defense that held the Pats to 14 when our offense wasn't doing jack shit in the first half.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2019, 09:53 PM
#1 He's inexperienced, which led to him looking for big chunks

#2 The actual four-minute offense is designed for when you have a lead, not "take four minutes to score when you're behind."

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2019, 09:53 PM

#2 The actual four-minute offense is designed for when you have a lead, not "take four minutes to score when you're behind."

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-20-2019, 09:54 PM
It’s weird tbh. This game is almost identical from the first time we played them. 31 points scored in the second half. Play comes down to who has the ball last.

CervezaChill
01-20-2019, 09:54 PM
This is the worst thread I have seen in any football related forum. I mean there’s blatantly bad threads that are meant to be bad, but this idiot actually thinks he is right here.

DRM08
01-20-2019, 09:57 PM
If you are giving the ball back to Brady with plenty of time and 3 timeouts, then yeah you are scoring too quickly. People are really blaming the defense for not stopping the best QB of all time? That's ****ing ridiculous. Sometimes you need some situational football. When we have the ball with 4 minutes left and are down 3, you need to be planning on running out the clock, not chucking the ball deep every play. It was horrible offensive coaching by Reid on that drive.

Not sure how much clock they would have been able to run. Patriots had 3 timeouts plus the 2 minute warning.

carcosa
01-20-2019, 09:58 PM
We got the ball with 3:26 left on the clock down 4 in the fourth. Instead of taking our time, we ran a 7 play drive with 4 of those plays being deep shots by Mahomes. This matters. Closing games matters. That's how you win in this league and why Brady is regarded as the GOAT.

Shut the fuck up

Iconic
01-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Shut the fuck up

i love you too

siberian khatru
01-20-2019, 10:00 PM
You score when you can score.

IF you’re gonna rag on Mahomes, his missing Williams in the first half was the difference. But JFC, line up onsides, Ford.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-20-2019, 10:00 PM
It’s weird tbh. This game is almost identical from the first time we played them. 31 points scored in the second half. Play comes down to who has the ball last.

TimeForWasp
01-20-2019, 10:01 PM
If scoring too fast is an issue, you have bigger problems -- like a shitty defense.

And us knowing our defense sucks is a good reason not to score too fast. Needed to burn time off.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 10:01 PM

No score is a guarantee or should be treated as such. Patrick and the offense in the 2nd half did what they needed to do to win the game... Dee Ford lining offsides is the one reason we are not going to the Super Bowl... The defense on that drive did the exact amount to win the game and a professional athlete made a mental error. IF you want ONE reason that we lost the game that is it... That's the only reason. Everything else that happened was enough to win the game and there is nothing you can say that will change that.

carcosa
01-20-2019, 10:04 PM
i love you too

Kill yourself bitch

RunKC
01-20-2019, 10:05 PM
It’s the truth. The same thing happened against the Rams and Patriots first meeting.

Mahomes is throwing bombs with 3 minutes left and Andy is letting him do it. Fucking run the ball a few times and use up clock Andy.

JFC

carcosa
01-20-2019, 10:06 PM
It’s the truth. The same thing happened against the Rams and Patriots first meeting.

Mahomes is throwing bombs with 3 minutes left and Andy is letting him do it. Fucking run the ball a few times and use up clock Andy.

JFC

Shut the fuck up

The defense has a job too, you fucking idiots. Scoring is never a bad thing.

RunKC
01-20-2019, 10:08 PM

Mahomes is throwing bombs with 3 minutes left and Andy is letting him do it. ****ing run the ball a few times and use up clock Andy.

JFC

FloridaMan88
01-20-2019, 10:10 PM
You are blaming the wrong guy... blame Andy Reid for another game management failure.

You have first and goal at the one inch line... yes I get it the Chiefs have struggled in those situations before... but the odds are still pretty good that you are going to a score a TD on four available downs from that distance.

The Chiefs have an opportunity to milk the clock there and at least make the Patriots burn some TO’s, but in classic Andy Reid fashion the Chiefs instead rush to get the TD before the 2 minute warning.

carcosa
01-20-2019, 10:12 PM

Mahomes is throwing bombs with 3 minutes left and Andy is letting him do it. ****ing run the ball a few times and use up clock Andy.

JFC

SHut the fuck up and kill yourself in real life

d12115415
01-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Pats diehard and I am equally shocked that they allowed Brady the ball back with just over 2 minutes. Is Reid dumb? LOL

Easy 6
01-20-2019, 10:14 PM
Oh my here we go, an inexplicable flight of idiocy from Iconic

carcosa
01-20-2019, 10:16 PM
Pats diehard and I am equally shocked that they allowed Brady the ball back with just over 2 minutes. Is Reid dumb? LOL

drown yourself

treeguy27
01-20-2019, 10:21 PM
The OP is dumber than Dee Ford.

Papi
01-20-2019, 10:21 PM
drown yourself

Walk into traffic.
OP is absolutely right. Defense sucked all day. You don't count on them to get the stop. Should try not to even let them take the field.
Did we even run the ball once that drive?

dlphg9
01-20-2019, 10:22 PM
You take whats open you fucking idiot. God damn I swear some of you "oh my god they scored too fast" idiots also fuck your sisters.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 10:22 PM
I can't believe it... Our fanbase has reached new levels of stupidity. We have people on here actually complaining about having the league MVP as our QB and him scoring to go ahead in the biggest game of the year. I've seen stupidity but not quite like this. THE DEFENSE ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AND NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2019, 10:25 PM
Good grief. I get riled up about Reid from time to time. But he didn't lose us this game. Mahomes didn't lose us this game. We got beat by an experienced as hell team that made plays and played excellent defense. I'm mad as hell. But can't be mad at our coaches and players. I'm proud of them.

Papi
01-20-2019, 10:27 PM
Well if scoring without burning hardly any clock was a good strategy then why aren't we going to the Super bowl?
Yeah defense sucked... We already knew this... so you reduce their time on the field.

DrunkBassGuitar
01-20-2019, 10:27 PM
It's Mahomes first year as a starter. He'll learn. He's obviously very smart and extremely talented. What to do in unique situations will develop with experience.

Relax, Mahomes is the reason we were in this game, and would probably have won if the coin falls our way in OT

Rams Fan
01-20-2019, 10:34 PM
Reid burning a TO on the challenge and the time management on that possession deserved to be scrutinized.

Mahomes doesn't.

DRM08
01-20-2019, 10:38 PM
I can't believe it... Our fanbase has reached new levels of stupidity. We have people on here actually complaining about having the league MVP as our QB and him scoring to go ahead in the biggest game of the year. I've seen stupidity but not quite like this. THE DEFENSE ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AND NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Sutton needs to go at least. Reid will probably let him stay though. :(

Chiefshrink
01-20-2019, 10:39 PM

I have always said we are soft in the trenches and that is where the game is won when it counts. Our trench play tonight was very soft we could not run nor could we get to Tom Brady. However they could run the ball and they got to Mahomes. And even in spite of those two things we could not do we still should’ve won that game and we lost on a mental error not performance or play but a mental error. You eliminate that we are in the Super Bowl. Just unacceptable!

Scorpion05
01-20-2019, 10:41 PM

Some of you are way too childish, or haven't been watching football for too long.

Tell me the last time a quick strike offense won the Super Bowl. Name a recent one, if ever. I'll wait

Ball control matters. I argued it on this forum and some of you stubbornly wouldn't listen. Reid's problem has always been ball control and a consistent run game or run play calling. Even Doug Pederson understood the importance of the run game last year. That Jay Ajayi trade was the smartest thing the front office did last season. They leveraged that with an explosive offense. Take the short passes and the 5 yard runs. The problem is, you have a ridiculously talented QB in Mahomes, and a ridiculous talented passing play caller in Reid. They don't balance each other out in that sense

Reid rarely leverages his explosive passing game with a good run game. Even with Hunt, he's never been known as a grind it out coach. It can win you PLENTY of regular season games. It doesn't work for the playoffs. It's why Peyton Manning struggled in the playoffs at times.

JakeF
01-20-2019, 10:44 PM
Chiefs Why is Mahomes incapable of running a 4 minute offense
2-minute, 4-minute offenses require teamwork and that requires coaching.

Our coaching staff just isn't that polished. Andy Reid is a great offensive mind but doesn't seem to be a good Head Coach.

We weren't really prepared for today's game. We are still sloppy as hell and make tons of bonehead mistakes. All season long we've played 1 good half and 1 bad half in games. We lead the league in penalties and have been in the top 10 in the last 3 years.

Either Andy Reid doesn't want to discipline the team for these mistakes or is incapable of getting the team to do what he wants.

carcosa
01-20-2019, 10:44 PM
Walk into traffic.
OP is absolutely right. Defense sucked all day. You don't count on them to get the stop. Should try not to even let them take the field.
Did we even run the ball once that drive?

Please, and I'm being 100% serious, PLEASE set yourself on fire in front of your family and let them watch you slowly burn to death, you dumb fucking piece of shit

Chiefshrink
01-20-2019, 10:46 PM
Reid burning a TO on the challenge and the time management on that possession deserved to be scrutinized.

Mahomes doesn't.

Mental error lost this game in spite of all our deficiencies.

Rain Man
01-20-2019, 10:48 PM
I'm never going to complain about scoring too fast. Ever.

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2019, 10:50 PM
Some of you are way too childish, or haven't been watching football for too long.

Tell me the last time a quick strike offense won the Super Bowl. Name a recent one, if ever. I'll wait

Ball control matters. I argued it on this forum and some of you stubbornly wouldn't listen. Reid's problem has always been ball control and a consistent run game or run play calling. Even Doug Pederson understood the importance of the run game last year. That Jay Ajayi trade was the smartest thing the front office did last season. They leveraged that with an explosive offense. Take the short passes and the 5 yard runs. The problem is, you have a ridiculously talented QB in Mahomes, and a ridiculous talented passing play caller in Reid. They don't balance each other out in that sense

Reid rarely leverages his explosive passing game with a good run game. Even with Hunt, he's never been known as a grind it out coach. It can win you PLENTY of regular season games. It doesn't work for the playoffs. It's why Peyton Manning struggled in the playoffs at times.

And yet our attacking qb was inches away and a coin flip away from taking not only the Chiefs but most of the afc to the closest they've gotten to a super bowl. We proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that as our qb gets better, we're going to be really tough to beat. And he's not going to do it by managing games.

Bump
01-20-2019, 10:51 PM
This is the dumbest complaint ever. After that Sammy catch and run and we were first and goal right before the 2 minute warning (we had to get a play off before the 2 minute warning there), OP would have taken 2 or 3 knees and hope to get it in on 3rd or 4th down all while making the face of his avatar.

Demonpenz
01-20-2019, 10:52 PM
Yeah I hope this isn't a brett favre thing like being one of the greatest qb's of all time. I couldn't stand that shit.

prhom
01-20-2019, 10:55 PM
FWIW, I agree with you Iconic. It’s something Mahomes hasn’t learned yet. Sure, our defense should have bailed us out, but we all know that wasn’t going to happen this year. Take some time, get the score and don’t give the pats any time. We did the same thing against the pats in the first game and didn’t learn this time. I knew it was going to come down to who had it last and once again that was the Pats.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 10:55 PM
Yeah I hope this isn't a brett favre thing like being one of the greatest qb's of all time. I couldn't stand that shit.

Right? I hate the idea of having the best QB in the league which leads to the highest scoring offense... There is no way you can win games doing that shit. I'd much rather run it 2 times and hope to convert on 3rd down.

DRM08
01-20-2019, 10:56 PM
This is the dumbest complaint ever. After that Sammy catch and run and we were first and goal right before the 2 minute warning (we had to get a play off before the 2 minute warning there), OP would have taken 2 or 3 knees and hope to get it in on 3rd or 4th down all while making the face of his avatar.

I think his point was to avoid the downfield throw to Sammy and go for a dink/dunk style throw to only pick up 8-10 yards at a time.

Regardless, the Chiefs need to get better on defense and OL. They were dominated in the trenches today. Both the OL and DL got their butts kicked.

Bump
01-20-2019, 10:57 PM
Right? I hate the idea of having the best QB in the league which leads to the highest scoring offense... There is no way you can win games doing that shit. I'd much rather run it 2 times and hope to convert on 3rd down.

run run pass punt, that was an offensive scheme we had about 10 years ago. R2P2, memberberries. Some here would prefer that it seems.

Demonpenz
01-20-2019, 10:58 PM
It's like coaches need to play more madden and the fans need to play madden less. Yeah in madden you can do that shit because you know you got a cheese play up your sleeve in the NFL and in shotgun snapping the ball can be tricky

Papi
01-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Please, and I'm being 100% serious, PLEASE set yourself on fire in front of your family and let them watch you slowly burn to death, you dumb ****ing piece of shit

I'll get right on this... Should I wait til my dick is out of your mother's ass first or go ahead and light the match?

jjjayb
01-20-2019, 11:00 PM
What a moronic thread. There's no guarantee you score there. You're down. You score any way you can. What happens if they run 3 or 4 minutes off the clock, but don't manage to score? Then what? You have to take the lead before you start worrying about taking time off the clock. Do you forget when we had Alex Smith?

There's a millions things to be mad about. This isn't one of them.

Chiefshrink
01-20-2019, 11:00 PM
I'm never going to complain about scoring too fast. Ever.

I will until our trench play improves especially on the defense of side ball I will complain.

Naptown Chief
01-20-2019, 11:01 PM
Please, and I'm being 100% serious, PLEASE set yourself on fire in front of your family and let them watch you slowly burn to death, you dumb fucking piece of shit

Can they at least douse the ashes, to prevent structural damage of course, with antifreeze that an AIDS patient bled into?

Papi
01-20-2019, 11:02 PM
It's like coaches need to play more madden and the fans need to play madden less. Yeah in madden you can do that shit because you know you got a cheese play up your sleeve in the NFL and in shotgun snapping the ball can be tricky

Belichick would have ran more off the clock... and that's why they're going to the SB and we're not. Every little detail matters when going against the GOAT and the hoodie.

DRM08
What a moronic thread. There's no guarantee you score there. You're down. You score any way you can. What happens if they run 3 or 4 minutes off the clock, but don't manage to score? Then what? You have to take the lead before you start worrying about taking time off the clock. Do you forget when we had Alex Smith?

There's a millions things to be mad about. This isn't one of them.

I agree. They ended up in overtime with how it played out. The overtime coinflip hurt a hell of a lot more than scoring too fast in regulation.

Simplicity
run run pass punt, that was an offensive scheme we had about 10 years ago. R2P2, memberberries. Some here would prefer that it seems.

I don't understand how these type of people aren't head coaches or offensive coordinators yet. They are brilliant.

Naptown Chief
01-20-2019, 11:03 PM
So OP is suggesting trying to get Alex Smith back? I'm confused..

Coach
01-20-2019, 11:03 PM
The Patriots ran 94 plays, gained 524 yards, were 13-of-19 on 3rd down and 4-of-5 in the red zone, possessed the ball for 43 minutes, 59 seconds.

But yeah, let's blame Mahomes, not only who got us a lead, then after NE got the lead, lead us to a tie for OT.

petegz28
01-20-2019, 11:04 PM
Idiotic OP is idiotic

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-20-2019, 11:05 PM

Hamas, we scored in 1:30 and had the 4 point lead with 2:03 on the clock.

Papi
But yeah, let's blame Mahomes, not only who got us a lead, then after NE got the lead, lead us to a tie for OT.

I'm blaming the play calling not Mahomes

Simplicity
Belichick would have ran more off the clock... and that's why they're going to the SB and we're not. Every little detail matters when going against the GOAT and the hoodie.

Really?? So what about when Belichick had the chance to run a few more plays at the end of the game before scoring? He left 39 seconds for
Pat to tie or win the game... Which Pat did.

Iconic
01-20-2019, 11:06 PM

Jesus it's okay to constructively criticize someone and still appreciate the good in them. No one is complaining about having the league MVP as our QB, just a couple decisions he/Reid made.

The defense is ass. What don't you get. There's only so much you can hold them accountable for before you turn to the strength of the team - the offense - and ask them to make up for those shortcomings. And honestly if we want to talk about accountability where the living fuck was the offense in the first half when the D held the Pats to 14 points?

Chiefshrink
Do you forget when we had Alex Smith?

But we don’t have Alex Smith we have Patrick Mahomes.

'Hamas' Jenkins

99 Rams, ''08 Steelers, '09 Saints, '10 Packers, and numerous others made the Super Bowl.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-20-2019, 11:07 PM
I agree. They ended up in overtime with how it played out. The overtime coinflip hurt a hell of a lot more than scoring too fast in regulation.

That coinflip sucked.

Fuck that coinflip.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2019, 11:08 PM
Every star player but Mahomes was a nonfactor today. Ford, Houston, Hill, Kelce, and Jones were all no-shows.

Coach
01-20-2019, 11:08 PM
I'm blaming the play calling not Mahomes

Yeah, there were some that were head scratchers.

chiefqueen
01-20-2019, 11:11 PM
At least we're not the Saints...now that was BAD clock management.

Papi
01-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Really?? So what about when Belichick had the chance to run a few more plays at the end of the game before scoring? He left 39 seconds for
Pat to tie or win the game... Which Pat did.

They never trailed again after that 39 seconds so I'd say they played it better wouldn't you?

DRM08
01-20-2019, 11:16 PM
Every star player but Mahomes was a nonfactor today. Ford, Houston, Hill, Kelce, and Jones were all no-shows.

Kelce had a nice TD catch. Also had a drive-killing drop that led to easy position for a Patriots FG. Tyreek had the big play in 1st half, but Mahomes blew it with the sack that took them out of FG range. Tyreek contributed to Patriots field goal right before Kelce's drop. Awful punt return put the Chiefs in a really bad spot.

Sammy Watkins actually had a really good game. Couple of huge catches to set up TD's for the team.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 11:16 PM
They never trailed again after that 39 seconds so I'd say they played it better wouldn't you?

and if the coin would've landed tails they wouldn't of have... Hindsight is 20/20 when you are looking at the game after it already ****ing happened. So what if Reid decided to waste some clock, run it, and play conservative which leads to 3 and out and Brady running the ball down and scoring and putting the game away? You and all the other simpletons on this board would be in here complaining about Reid's conservative play calling.

Indian Chief
01-20-2019, 11:19 PM

I'm not certain why you chose to quote me.

Everything I said there is 100% accurate.

Let me make it simple. If you start messing around in a game that you're losing, you might never score. Would it have been better for the Chiefs to score the go ahead touchdown with 14 seconds left on the clock? Of course. Everyone knows that. You're arguing something that isn't in doubt. The Chiefs were taking what the Patriots were giving them. It's possible they could have sprinkled in a few runs. It's also possible they do that and end up turning it over on downs. I don't know and neither do you. The four minute offense is not for screwing around while you're losing. The results were negative for the Chiefs, but that doesn't open the door to criticism of how they scored.

So I emphatically restate my case: If scoring too fast is an issue, you have bigger problems -- like a shitty defense.

Iconic
01-20-2019, 11:20 PM
The Patriots ran 94 plays, gained 524 yards, were 13-of-19 on 3rd down and 4-of-5 in the red zone, possessed the ball for 43 minutes, 59 seconds.

The Chiefs and Patriots both had 4 possessions in the first half. The difference is the Patriots scored TDs on two of theirs and we totaled a scary 37 yards on ours.

To blindly ignore our offenses shortcomings today is such a fucking joke lol.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 11:26 PM
The Chiefs and Patriots both had 4 possessions in the first half. The difference is the Patriots scored TDs on two of theirs and we totaled a scary 37 yards on ours.

To blindly ignore our offenses shortcomings today is such a ****ing joke lol.

Sooo you're saying they didn't do enough to win the game and it wasn't Dee Ford's fault for lining up offsides? Dude we get it, they didn't score in the first half.... They did more than enough to make up for it in the second half. The offense is literally the only ****ing reason we even had a pulse in this game and this whole season.

Sannyasi
01-20-2019, 11:31 PM

Let me make it simple. If you start messing around in a game that you're losing, you might never score. Would it have been better for the Chiefs to score the go ahead touchdown with 14 seconds left on the clock? Of course. Everyone knows that. You're arguing something that isn't in doubt. The Chiefs were taking what the Patriots were giving them. It's possible they could have sprinkled in a few runs. It's also possible they do that and end up turning it over on downs. I don't know and neither do you. The four minute offense is not for screwing around while you're losing. The results were negative for the Chiefs, but that doesn't open the door to criticism of how they scored.

So I emphatically restate my case: If scoring too fast is an issue, you have bigger problems -- like a shitty defense.

I agree that the defense is shitty, but we knew the defense was shitty before the game. So why was the plan to give the ball back to Brady with time on the clock, and put the worst defense in NFL history against the greatest QB of all time with the game on the line? You didn't need to be Tony Romo to predict that this was not going to work. Sometimes you have to play with the team you have, not the one you wish you had, which means trying to spare the D when you have a chance to run out the clock and end the game.

Coach
01-20-2019, 11:31 PM

To blindly ignore our offenses shortcomings today is such a fucking joke lol.

I'm blaming that one more on the play calling because it was ass. I also will place part of the blame on Mahomes for missing those throws that receivers was wide open, but for some reason, he just cannot hit those, and taking the sack that took KC out of the FG.

Every play counts. But the last two possessions, KC's defense could not make a single stop when it really counted. All they needed was to stop NE at the end of regulation. They failed.

Then when Mahomes got KC to tie the game, KC's defense in OT, had:

3rd and 9,
3rd and 9, and
3rd and 10.

They couldn't get off the field, at all. That's why it stands out.

You should never give up 30+ points at home, regardless.

Indian Chief
01-20-2019, 11:38 PM
I agree that the defense is shitty, but we knew the defense was shitty before the game. So why was the plan to give the ball back to Brady with time on the clock, and put the worst defense in NFL history against the greatest QB of all time with the game on the line? You didn't need to be Tony Romo to predict that this was not going to work. Sometimes you have to play with the team you have, not the one you wish you had, which means trying to spare the D when you have a chance to run out the clock and end the game.

I understand. But you just made the argument that the plan was to give Brady lots of time to score. I wasn't on that sideline but I will say with 100% certainty that the plan was not to give Brady plenty of time. It was to score -- to take the lead. And they did that. Everyone arguing that Reid/Mahomes were too aggressive are all ignoring the fact that you don't screw around when you're losing. If it was so easy to just take as much time as you want while still scoring, every team would do that. It's not. It's intellectually dishonest to claim that simply taking more time while doing exactly what they did was somehow a foregone conclusion. I'll say this again -- the Chiefs could have just as easily tried to take time off the clock and ended up not scoring.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2019, 11:39 PM
People don't even know what a four-minute offense is.

Hint: it's not something you run when you're behind.

Redbled
01-20-2019, 11:39 PM
Kelce had a nice TD catch. Also had a drive-killing drop that led to easy position for a Patriots FG. Tyreek had the big play in 1st half, but Mahomes blew it with the sack that took them out of FG range. Tyreek contributed to Patriots field goal right before Kelce's drop. Awful punt return put the Chiefs in a really bad spot.

Sammy Watkins actually had a really good game. Couple of huge catches to set up TD's for the team.

Kelcie had a couple muffs.

Rain Man
01-20-2019, 11:40 PM
I understand. But you just made the argument that the plan was to give Brady lots of time to score. I wasn't on that sideline but I will say with 100% certainty that the plan was not to give Brady plenty of time. It was to score -- to take the lead. And they did that. Everyone arguing that Reid/Mahomes were too aggressive are all ignoring the fact that you don't screw around when you're losing. If it was so easy to just take as much time as you want while still scoring, every team would do that. It's not. It's intellectually dishonest to claim that simply taking more time while doing exactly what they did was somehow a foregone conclusion. I'll say this again -- the Chiefs could have just as easily tried to take time off the clock and ended up not scoring.

The perfect game plan would be to run two 29 minute drives for scores. I wonder why we don't do that.

Iconic
01-20-2019, 11:40 PM
Sooo you're saying they didn't do enough to win the game and it wasn't Dee Ford's fault for lining up offsides? Dude we get it, they didn't score in the first half.... They did more than enough to make up for it in the second half. The offense is literally the only ****ing reason we even had a pulse in this game and this whole season.

Yes.

Sannyasi
01-20-2019, 11:43 PM

You are right that it ups the degree of difficulty to run out the clock, because our normal offense really doesn't ever play that ball control style of offense. If we run the ball a couple of times on that second to last drive then that does put a lot of pressure on Mahomes. But I'd still rather have the ball in Mahomes' hands at the end rather than trusting our D. I think the winning teams really do play to get the last possession, I've seen Brady and Manning both do it. I'm sure that Brady was salivating when he saw how much time he had left to score at the end of the game.

Iconic
01-20-2019, 11:45 PM

piss off clay you get the point.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 11:45 PM
Yes. They score even 1 point in the first half and we are currently in a rep thread cheering a SB appearance.

and you don't think Belichick doesn't do anything different in the WHOLE 2nd half we didn't score 1 more point in the first half? Holy shit hindsight is ****ing brilliant. Way to go man. You really know how to analyze situations after they already have happened.

tman
01-20-2019, 11:46 PM
He dropped 31 points in the second half on Belichick. If you want to blame Mahomes for anything, blame him for the sack in first half that cost them a field goal. That field goal would have won the game.

Or Tyreek when he ran backward for 10 to 15 yards, Cam for holding or Dee for lining-up off sides. It took a whole lot of stupid by multiple players to lose this game.

Iconic
01-20-2019, 11:48 PM
and you don't think Belichick doesn't do anything different in the WHOLE 2nd half we didn't score 1 more point in the first half? Holy shit hindsight is ****ing brilliant. Way to go man. You really know how to analyze situations after they already have happened.

Point is getting shut out in the first half while being the most prolific offense evarrrrr is not 'doing enough'. We don't have, and never had a good defense all season that could make key stops. So I have no idea why you insist on betting on it being able to make those stops today of all days.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2019, 11:48 PM
piss off clay you get the point.

there is no point

i assure you Mahomes is capable of running a 4-minute offense to ice a game when the Chiefs have a lead

that is when you run a 4-minute offense

when you are behind you just fucking score...

you don't try to do it in 4 minutes

you just fucking score, however it happens

nobody runs an offense when they are behind trying to score in X amount of time

Papi
01-20-2019, 11:49 PM
and if the coin would've landed tails they wouldn't of have... Hindsight is 20/20 when you are looking at the game after it already ****ing happened. So what if Reid decided to waste some clock, run it, and play conservative which leads to 3 and out and Brady running the ball down and scoring and putting the game away? You and all the other simpletons on this board would be in here complaining about Reid's conservative play calling.

My last response to your incompetence is that it was not hindsight for me. Go look at the game thread if you want. I was livid that we kept chucking it down field in real time. Stick to baseball strategy.

DRM08
01-20-2019, 11:50 PM
Or Tyreek when he ran backward for 10 to 15 yards, Cam for holding or Dee for lining-up off sides. It took a whole lot of stupid by multiple players to lose this game.

Yep, lot of big mistakes by everyone in all three phases of the game.

Brady had his share of mistakes too. His two interceptions led to a 14 point swing in favor of the Chiefs and he was bailed out in the biggest way possible by the Dee Ford mistake.

suzzer99
01-20-2019, 11:50 PM
We literally just played a game where we got finessed by Belichick through clock manipulation and you guys want to tell me scoring too fast doesn't mean shit. Ok. The Pats had 43 fucking minutes of TOP, they had almost double the amount of first downs, but keep living in your fantasy worlds and blaming it all on our dog shit defense that held the Pats to 14 when our offense wasn't doing jack shit in the first half.

Actually BB screwed up and left us too much time as well.

Papi
01-20-2019, 11:51 PM
there is no point

i assure you Mahomes is capable of running a 4-minute offense to ice a game when the Chiefs have a lead

that is when you run a 4-minute offense

when you are behind you just ****ing score...

you don't try to do it in 4 minutes

you just ****ing score, however it happens

nobody runs an offense when they are behind trying to score in X amount of time

The exception to that rule is TB12. You just don't ****ing give him the ball with 2 min left.

Coach
01-20-2019, 11:52 PM
The exception to that rule is TB12. You just don't ****ing give him the ball with 2 min left.

Counter argument, you don't give Mahomes the ball with 38 seconds left as well. :shrug:

TribalElder
01-20-2019, 11:54 PM
Counter argument, you don't give Mahomes the ball with 38 seconds left as well. :shrug:

with 60 seconds left we could have got 7

Hammock Parties
01-20-2019, 11:54 PM

You aren't thinking about the other offense when you're trying to score.

You're just trying to score. Everything else is secondary.

If you fuck around and trying to score in X amount of time you end up not scoring. Because you wasted plays trying to "run clock" on a drive where your goal was to SCORE.

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 11:55 PM
Point is getting shut out in the first half while being the most prolific offense evarrrrr is not 'doing enough'.

So now your main argument is the offense didn't score enough in the first half but you were just complaining about the offense scoring in the 2nd half. I mean I get your point to an extent but c'mon. Yes I understand the offense didn't score in the first half and that is very frustrating and is warranted for criticism but you cannot tell me Reid, Mahomes, and the rest of the offense didn't do enough to win that game despite the first half struggles... Dee Ford being offsides literally lost the game. Coin flip (which I always thought was such a shitty and un-controllable way to decide NFL overtime games) lost us the game. The phantom roughing the passer call lost us the game. Everything else that happened in that game was enough to be in ATL in 2 weeks. It might've not been pretty (Erving's hold, Defense inability to stop the run game early, missed throws, etc) but we would still be in the Super Bowl.

Papi
01-20-2019, 11:56 PM
You aren't thinking about the other offense when you're trying to score.

You're just trying to score. Everything else is secondary.

If you **** around and trying to score in X amount of time you end up not scoring. Because you wasted plays trying to "run clock" on a drive where your goal was to SCORE.
That limited scope of thinking is why we lost.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2019, 11:59 PM
That limited scope of thinking is why we lost.

Then the entire NFL is limited in their thinking.

Because NO ONE tries to "slow down" their offense when they are behind.

ROFL

FringeNC
01-21-2019, 12:00 AM
Mahomes didn't have an HOF caliber game but we did score 31 in the second half.

It's simply unreal that the Chiefs have zero SB appearances with the offenses they've had under Vermeil and Reid. Guys off the street would have been better than Greg Robinson, Gunther, and Sutton.

DRM08
01-21-2019, 12:00 AM
So now your main argument is the offense didn't score enough in the first half but you were just complaining about the offense scoring in the 2nd half. I mean I get your point to an extent but c'mon. Yes I understand the offense didn't score in the first half and that is very frustrating and is warranted for criticism but you cannot tell me Reid, Mahomes, and the rest of the offense didn't do enough to win that game despite the first half struggles... Dee Ford being offsides literally lost the game. Coin flip (which I always thought was such a shitty and un-controllable way to decide NFL overtime games) lost us the game. The phantom roughing the passer call lost us the game. Everything else that happened in that game was enough to be in ATL in 2 weeks. It might've not been pretty (Erving's hold, Defense inability to stop the run game early, missed throws, etc) but we would still be in the Super Bowl.

"If" can be applied to many plays in that game. Chiefs had their chances and just didn't execute well enough in all 3 phases of the game.

kcclone
01-21-2019, 12:06 AM
There is plenty of blame to go around. Pat and the entire offense looked like they sh*t their pants in the first half. 0 points. OL couldn’t protect Mahomes on the Patriot blitz. Two overthrows that would have ended in points. B&B were ready to go in to half up 7, until Reid calls a TO.... then Pats convert and find themselves with enough time to keep going down the field.

4Q the D couldn’t get Brady off the field with about 6+ chances with 3rd and long.

If Sutton isn’t fired and we can’t address some defensive personnel holes in the draft, I can envision a scenario where Reid and the Chiefs peak in year one of the Mahomes era and never are able to capitalize again.

Papi
01-21-2019, 12:08 AM
Then the entire NFL is limited in their thinking.

Because NO ONE tries to "slow down" their offense when they are behind.

ROFL

Running the ball a few times isn't "slowing down" the offense. Its burning the clock.

Simplicity
01-21-2019, 12:09 AM
Running the ball a few times isn't "slowing down" the offense. Its burning the clock.

Holy shit you are ****ing brilliant.... Never thought about it that way!!!!

Scorpion05
01-21-2019, 03:14 AM
And yet our attacking qb was inches away and a coin flip away from taking not only the Chiefs but most of the afc to the closest they've gotten to a super bowl. We proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that as our qb gets better, we're going to be really tough to beat. And he's not going to do it by managing games.

Yea and the Panthers, and the Falcons, and the Seahawks, and and and...

Seriously, at some point you have to stop talking about almost and realize that football games are won a certain way. That’s why I asked when was the last time a team with a quick strike offense won the Super Bowl. You can live in almost, or you can accept that there are flaws to the Reid style regardless of the regular season. Call it “managing” games all you want, I call it smart football. Winning football is about balance and toughness, and no matter how much the rules change it always will be

Scorpion05
01-21-2019, 03:19 AM
99 Rams, ''08 Steelers, '09 Saints, '10 Packers, and numerous others made the Super Bowl.

They were not “quick strike” offenses. They had balance, WAY more balance than what the Chiefs have. My point still stands

Even the greatest show on turf methodically broke teams down with runs and short catches from Marshall Faulk. Even the Saints this year, contrary to popular belief aren’t quick strike. They’re methodical and efficient with Kamara and Ingram. They don’t leave their defense out on the field all day. So, what were you saying?

bevischief
01-21-2019, 03:22 AM
Reid

Scorpion05
01-21-2019, 03:25 AM

Okay Chip Kelly. If that’s your argument

If you don’t understand that balance wins championships in the NFL, I can’t help you. The average NFL fan is obsessed with scoring left and right, and then those very fans are disappointed come playoff time

I’ve been watching Andy Reid since 2002. I love the man, but his style of play has always had one glaring flaw compared to the teams who have actually won it all. Lack of balance. So sure, score fast and exhaust your defense. Then have a million what if’s after

Sure-Oz
01-21-2019, 03:34 AM
This thread sucks... first year starter destroyed the NFL this year and will only get better.

kcpasco
01-21-2019, 03:36 AM
They had the ball with a chance to win in regulation. Andy elected for a coin toss rather than risk an INT. The problem is fat boy.

eDave
01-21-2019, 04:37 AM
Yeah yeah yeah defense sucks ass and Mahomes got us to OT. Cool, I don't give a flying fuck. Mahomes and Andy have serious fucking issues they need to fix. And to be frank I think it's a Mahomes issue more than an Andy one. He seems obsessed with the deep ball even when we very clearly don't need it or want it. Like he literally threw bomb after bomb on our second to last drive and one of those bombs almost got picked.

I love Mahomes as much as anyone else, but I'm hoping this isn't some weird Favre like bullshit that plagues his career forever. Hopefully Andy can drill him into being a smarter QB.

Take a breath and realize how stupid you sound. It's all good man. Get a grip.

kcpasco
01-21-2019, 04:41 AM
Would you prefer Alex take 8 minutes and still fucking punt Smith? Mahoney is like the last of our problems. Sutton should be brought before the guillotine.

treeguy27
01-21-2019, 08:03 AM
This is one of the dumbest takes I have ever heard.

If all you need is a field goal to take the lead, then yes, you can and should try to work the clock once you get into comfortable range. If you need a TD, you score whenever you can. There is no guarantee you can burn clock and still get in the endzone.

Kman34
01-21-2019, 08:17 AM

Dude... get a grip...

jjjayb
01-21-2019, 09:43 AM

Because it's better to give the ball back to Brady when we HAVE THE FRIGGING LEAD, than to use up all the time but not score. You're taking for granted that we could actually run a 4 minute offense and score. Again, how does it help us to run down the clock if we don't end up scoring?

As an offense, you're first priority is to put points on the board. Which they did. It's up to the defense to do their job. As it turned out, Brady and the super coach went down and scored so quickly that we had time to go down the field and score again. Are you saying that they fucked up too?

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-21-2019, 10:05 AM
This is the worst thread I have seen in any football related forum. I mean there’s blatantly bad threads that are meant to be bad, but this idiot actually thinks he is right here.

^this^

GermanChief
01-21-2019, 10:56 AM
Where is the rb that could help him to control the clock? Every time 3&8 cannot be the way. We had one, but he was an idiot.

Rasputin
01-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Mahomes was conditioned to score a lot of points in college and we are going to score a lot of points this isn't on Patrick but the team lost this game with inadequate coaching.

kcpasco
01-21-2019, 11:11 AM
Complaining about an offense scoring to fast. I hear there is a QB for the Redskins that likes to take 10 minutes to score 3 points if you are interested.

RunKC
01-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Running the clock down to win the game isn’t Alex Smith taking 10 mins. JFC posters here refuse to admit Pat can get better at certain things and equate everything back to Alex.

3:26 with 68 yards to go. That’s on Andy for not setting up a few screens or god forbid run the ball once or twice. We need to understand the situation and play to it, but we didn’t.

That is what makes Brady so good. He is methodical when he needs to be and understands the chess game. Like it or not Pat can learn a lot from this year, mostly that he can sometimes take a checkdown every once and awhile that the defense is begging him to take instead of throwing deep passes 95% of the time. He can run 5 yards sometimes on first down when nobody is around him.
That doesn’t mean he is Alex at all. It means he’s like Brees, Brady, Manning and the rest of the great QB’s.

I’m not blaming anything on the kid. That’s just who he is right now and it will take time. But I suspect he will be more patient as he grows with experience.

ChiTown
01-21-2019, 11:38 AM
Yeah, that would have been great to run the clock to well under 2 mins, but I'm convinced the Patriots would have scored a TD with a minute left.

Here's all you need to know: Our DC and D ****ing blow.

/thread

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that would have been great to run the clock to well under 2 mins, but I'm convinced the Patriots would have scored a TD with a minute left.

Here's all you need to know: Our DC and D ****ing blow.

/thread

Yep.

FAX
01-21-2019, 11:42 AM
Running the clock down to win the game isn’t Alex Smith taking 10 mins. JFC posters here refuse to admit Pat can get better at certain things and equate everything back to Alex.

3:26 with 68 yards to go. That’s on Andy for not setting up a few screens or god forbid run the ball once or twice. We need to understand the situation and play to it, but we didn’t.

That is what makes Brady so good. He is methodical when he needs to be and understands the chess game. Like it or not Pat can learn a lot from this year, mostly that he can sometimes take a checkdown every once and awhile that the defense is begging him to take instead of throwing deep passes 95% of the time. He can run 5 yards sometimes on first down when nobody is around him.
That doesn’t mean he is Alex at all. It means he’s like Brees, Brady, Manning and the rest of the great QB’s.

I’m not blaming anything on the kid. That’s just who he is right now and it will take time. But I suspect he will be more patient as he grows with experience.

C'mon man. Really?

If Wally had run the ball, people would be screaming that he didn't "put the game in Mahomes' hands!!".

You know this.

FAX

KC_Connection
01-21-2019, 11:44 AM
Complaining about Mahomes being too good at what he does. Wow, this is an awful thread.

FAX
01-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Complaining about Mahomes being too good at what he does. Wow, this is an awful thread.

The second stage of grief is "Make Sh*t Up".

FAX

Werwoo
01-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Yeah yeah yeah defense sucks ass and Mahomes got us to OT. Cool, I don't give a flying ****. Mahomes and Andy have serious ****ing issues they need to fix. And to be frank I think it's a Mahomes issue more than an Andy one. He seems obsessed with the deep ball even when we very clearly don't need it or want it. Like he literally threw bomb after bomb on our second to last drive and one of those bombs almost got picked.

Strange take. If Belichick agreed with you, he would just have allowed one or more of our receivers to score as quickly as possible. 3 minutes left on the clock; just put 11 guys out there on D and tell them to do nothing. He didn't do that though, because it's silly. Mahomes scored when he should have scored; as quickly as possible. This team wasn't going to be running time off the clock. We were playing against the Patriot's defense, they were playing against ours. They could, in theory, take time off the clock and bleed us slowly, but do you think Belichick and/or Brady wouldn't have scored as quickly as they could had Sutton ordered the defense to stop playing? Of course not. They would have taken any score they could get. Anyway, what an unbelievably bad take. The defense was absolutely awful in every way, and we still SHOULD HAVE won.

Shaid
01-21-2019, 12:38 PM
I called out this same thing after the first Patriots game. How do the Patriots always win, look at their Superbowls and look at the regular season. They have the ball last. I know we can score fast on the big chunk plays. We can come back like no one else in the league. But you have to be able to drain the clock and give another team no time to get back in it. I called it during the drive in the first Patriots game when Tyreek scored fast, I called it during the Rams game at the end, and I called it during this game. You can't give good teams the ball back with time left. It's the difference between winning and losing when you play the good team. Of course we can point to the defense, and we should, but how many Patriots Superbowls were won by one score or less? It's what Brady and Belichick are masters at and if we don't figure that out, we'll have more seasons end like this. Finish the game, you should never have to rely on your defense to do that for you.

HonestChieffan
01-21-2019, 12:42 PM
What sort of dumbassery says Mahomes is inexperienced so he throws long passes. WTF is up with that? We have not had a QB since forever who threw more than 2-3 deep downfield passes in a game......I suppose we can assume they didn't throw deep cause they had excellent experience? Sports Radio brings some real intellect to the surface.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-21-2019, 12:49 PM
Hold on a second.

You do realize they went scoreless in the first half, right? And you realize they were facing Belichick? You also realize that the O-line was getting their asses handed to them most of the night?

How in the hell does that add up to "let's take all the time off the clock because we know we're going to score?"

FlaChief58
01-21-2019, 12:52 PM
This team has it's problems, Mahomes isn't one of them

mnchiefsguy
01-21-2019, 01:14 PM

This. I have no idea why this thread is even here. There was no situation on Sunday where the Chiefs needed the four minute offense.

Defense just did not get it done, pure and simple.

ChiTown
01-21-2019, 01:16 PM
This. I have no idea why this thread is even here. There was no situation on Sunday where the Chiefs needed the four minute offense.

Defense just did not get it done, pure and simple.

Yep. It's like our fans are stuck on retard and can't get out of the vicious cycle of stupid.......

L.A. Chieffan
01-21-2019, 01:16 PM
What is this garbage?

Marcellus
01-21-2019, 01:46 PM
I cannot believe this is a complaint.

dlphg9
01-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Fucking retarded OP. Fucking retarded posters actually agree with this trash. You take any chance to score that you have. Fucking idiots would be bitching and putting up gifs of Mahomes checking it down instead of taking the big play. Go jump off your house and land on your fucking heads you fucking morons.

Best22
01-21-2019, 01:57 PM
With 3:37 left, and down 21-24, my thoughts were: score!

There was no guarantee we could move the ball at all. I feared a 4 and out more than Brady getting the ball back. We had been stymied all day for the most part. It was the offense job to do whatever possible to score.

In the Chiefs Rams game, with less than 2 minutes left and considering the ease with which we moved the ball, I agree that shorter routes would’ve been a wiser option

But this 21-24 game in which we had been shutdown for most of the game didn’t call for a 4 minute offense. We needed our very best plays to score in any way possible

Marcellus
01-21-2019, 02:04 PM
"Gosh we are down by 3 points and there is a guy open 30 yards down the field I could throw to but we might score too fast. Better check it down for a 5 yard completion to burn some clock."

Said no one with a brain, ever.

Indian Chief
01-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Okay Chip Kelly. If that’s your argument

If you don’t understand that balance wins championships in the NFL, I can’t help you. The average NFL fan is obsessed with scoring left and right, and then those very fans are disappointed come playoff time

I’ve been watching Andy Reid since 2002. I love the man, but his style of play has always had one glaring flaw compared to the teams who have actually won it all. Lack of balance. So sure, score fast and exhaust your defense. Then have a million what if’s after

Cool story bro. Literally nothing you said applies to me. I really don't know why you are picking this battle. Intellectually I understand you are trying to insult me, but there's nothing in there that I can actually take offense to.

When did trolling become so awful and unfunny?

ThaVirus
01-21-2019, 03:18 PM
He does need to learn how to play small ball when the time is right.

.. but I'm not going to complain about scoring too fast. His aggressive nature is the reason we were able to wipe out a 14-0 Pats lead in no time at all. It's the reason we were able to put up 31 points in one half despite what had to have been a 40:20 TOP loss.

O.city
01-21-2019, 03:21 PM
You run the 4 minute offense once you get a lead.

FAX
01-21-2019, 03:22 PM

.. but I'm not going to complain about scoring too fast. His aggressive nature is the reason we were able to wipe out a 14-0 Pats lead in no time at all. It's the reason we were able to put up 31 points in one half despite what had to have been a 40:20 TOP loss.

One does not hitch one's thoroughbred to a plow.

FAX

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2019, 03:26 PM

Actually we've run into a lot more problems when reid forces him into small ball. Which is why we've struggled to hold his leads. He will get better and better at small ball as he continues to get better reading defenses.

stevieray
01-21-2019, 03:27 PM
In both Pattriots games and the Rams game. that young man drove down the field and aquired the lead late in the fourth...and once again.

....the defense couldn't protect it.

Iconic
01-21-2019, 05:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chiefs</a> let’s examine the situation here starting with 2:55 in the 4th and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> down 24-21. Do you HAVE TO score immediately? If they had a “do over “ would you score immediately? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaldysBreakdowns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BaldysBreakdowns</a> <a href="https://t.co/3SI8KuNuHx">pic.twitter.com/3SI8KuNuHx</a></p>&mdash; Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1087353545735761921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
:hmmm:

O.city
01-21-2019, 05:02 PM
Ideally you run time down and score.

But scoring has to be the first priority

Marcellus
01-21-2019, 05:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chiefs</a> let’s examine the situation here starting with 2:55 in the 4th and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> down 24-21. Do you HAVE TO score immediately? If they had a “do over “ would you score immediately? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaldysBreakdowns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BaldysBreakdowns</a> <a href="https://t.co/3SI8KuNuHx">pic.twitter.com/3SI8KuNuHx</a></p>&mdash; Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1087353545735761921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Its a stupid argument.

Marcellus
01-21-2019, 05:03 PM
One does not hitch one's thoroughbred to a plow.

FAX

Man I love me some FAX. You know how to say stuff.

ChiTown
01-21-2019, 05:04 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Bizarro World

RunKC
01-21-2019, 05:06 PM

He’s 100% right. Pat will learn.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 05:07 PM
That's frickin' stupid. That play worked, but it wasn't necessarily intended to gain 40 yards.

What is Watkins supposed to do? Lay down after he gets the first?

This argument is dumb as shit.

O.city
01-21-2019, 05:07 PM
He could have tried and taken more time off for sure. But you’ve still got to score. The chiefs offense is built around chunk plays and explosion

That’s gonna lead to quick scores

Bowser
01-21-2019, 05:09 PM
So Mahomes and his ability to score quicklyis the problem. Brilliant.

Hammock Parties
You guys who are arguing that the Chiefs should have scored slower can have Alex Smith and his 7-minute drives in Foxboro down 14 back.

Not me.

I know what got us closer to the Super Bowl than ever before in my lifetime.

Marcellus
He’s 100% right. Pat will learn.

I get what he is saying but there is no certainty you score with 3 more shots from the 1.

Like he said "All conventional wisdom says.....". Yes for a reason.

Marcellus
01-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Here is a novel idea, fix the defense.

ChiTown
01-21-2019, 05:10 PM
That's frickin' stupid. That play worked, but it wasn't necessarily intended to gain 40 yards.

What is Watkins supposed to do? Lay down after he gets the first?

This argument is dumb as shit.

Yep

We were at the 1 fucking yard line! So Baldinger says "hey, tell Dami not to score from the 1......." You can't make this shit up, because it is utterly stupid as F.

ChiTown
01-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Here is a novel idea, fix the defense.

/thread
:clap:

O.city
01-21-2019, 05:11 PM
I mean you could have had the rb fall down and tan it under the 2 mi Ute warning

I dunno. At some point you’ve gotta get a stop ok d

suzzer99
01-21-2019, 05:37 PM
Some of who you are being a little dismissive about the idea of milking the clock seem to forget about all the times QBs like Manning or Brady have engineered perfect game winning drives against us that used pretty much all the clock.

It's probably more on Reid than Mahomes. But I feel pretty sure savvy veteran QBs know how to get a 4 minute drive when they need one. And if they can it's pretty valuable skill to have.

ChiTown
01-21-2019, 05:40 PM
Some of who you are being a little dismissive about the idea of milking the clock seem to forget about all the times QBs like Manning or Brady have engineered perfect game winning drives against us that used pretty much all the clock.

It's probably more on Reid than Mahomes. But I feel pretty sure savvy veteran QBs know how to get a 4 minute drive when they need one. And if they can it's pretty valuable skill to have.

Sure. A 4 min drive would have been great, but when you aren't running the ball well, and you can't protect the QB very well, and most importantly you are behind in the score, you take whatever they give you whenever it happens. We got down to the 1 yd line on a big play. What the hell are we supposed to do at that point?

Easy 6
01-21-2019, 05:44 PM
The op and its supporters are a damn disgrace to the board

stevieray
01-21-2019, 05:52 PM

Yet, very few can be as explosive and score as quick.

He procured the lead late in the game. That's his job.

'nuff said.

Marcellus
01-21-2019, 05:55 PM
Yet, very few can be as explosive and score as quick.

He procured the lead late in the game. That's his job.

'nuff said.

Even better, he told the team at half-time they were going to go out and score 30 in the 2nd half, he was undershooting by 1.

THAT is a fucking beast of a man.

stevieray
01-21-2019, 05:57 PM
Even better, he told the team at half-time they were going to go out and score 30 in the 2nd half, he was undershooting by 1.

THAT is a fucking beast of a man.

Arrow pointing up.

All eyes on Veach.

Raiderhater
01-21-2019, 06:01 PM

Years of disappointments has clearly driven many insane.

Papi
01-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Changing my take:
This board accepting a lack of clock management down the stretch is the reason why this city can't win. You don't demand f*cking excellence. I blame stupid fans that think it's okay to give Brady the last possession with 2 minutes. Another market would have flayed Reid for that sh*t.

Bowser
01-21-2019, 06:37 PM
Changing my take:
This board accepting a lack of clock management down the stretch is the reason why this city can't win. You don't demand fucking excellence. I blame stupid fans that think it's okay to give Brady the last possession with 2 minutes. Another market would have flayed Reid for that shit.

Ridiculous take. Defenders get paid too.

Papi
01-21-2019, 06:40 PM
Let's frame it this way:
Surely everyone here agrees that Mahomes and the offense had a better chance of winning this game at the end. We know who our defense is. Wouldn't you rather play to your strength?
I'd have rather lost with the offense on the field than with the defense. Period.

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 06:40 PM
Changing my take:
This board accepting a lack of clock management down the stretch is the reason why this city can't win. You don't demand fucking excellence. I blame stupid fans that think it's okay to give Brady the last possession with 2 minutes. Another market would have flayed Reid for that sh*t.
This is maybe the dumbest post I've ever read.

Shut the fuck up, for your own sake.

Bowser
01-21-2019, 06:42 PM
Let's frame it this way:
Surely everyone here agrees that Mahomes and the offense had a better chance of winning this game at the end. We know who our defense is. Wouldn't you rather play to your strength?
I'd have rather lost with the offense on the field than with the defense. Period.

I mean yeah, in a perfect world. We were leading the game with two minutes to go. All the defense had to do was make a stop or not line up offsides, and we win. They couldn't manage it, and we ultimately lost.

Mahomes is the reason we were in a position to win, he's sure the fuck not the reason we lost. Stop blaming him or that side of the ball.

Papi
01-21-2019, 06:44 PM
This is maybe the dumbest post I've ever read.
Clearly you don't read your own...

Papi
01-21-2019, 06:46 PM
I mean yeah, in a perfect world. We were leading the game with two minutes to go. All the defense had to do was make a stop or not line up offsides, and we win. They couldn't manage it, and we ultimately lost.

Mahomes is the reason we were in a position to win, he's sure the **** not the reason we lost. Stop blaming him or that side of the ball.
In a perfect world?? When you have the ball you can create the perfect world. It's not up to chance to run some plays that burn some clock. I'm not blaming Mahomes!!! I'm blaming the play calling

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 06:52 PM
Clearly you don't read your own...

:clap:ROFL

Good one.

I'M not the one blaming a message board for a loss. Idiot

Shaid
01-21-2019, 07:04 PM
I don't understand how this is so difficult to understand. In basketball, you get the ball back with 20 seconds left at half court and you are ahead by one point. You don't score right away, you let the clock run a bit and try to score with a few seconds left. That puts the other side in a bad position where its tough to come back.

Here, we are talking minutes instead of seconds but the same concept applies. Yes you want to score and that is the first priority but you can waste the clock by methodically moving down the field. We gave them a bunch of time and plenty of timeouts to go get a touchdown. Every time they needed to score, they did. They got stopped early on when they had the lead but when they needed it, they kept converting. You can't trust your defense to stop them.
Again, look at how the Patriots win so many of their games. They waste the clock when they need to and give the other team hardly any time to go get back the lead. It's the formula for their multiple Super Bowl appearances and wins.

If it's earlier in the game, hell yeah push the ball down the field, get ahead and put the pressure on the other team. When you are in the last part of the game, you have to play the clock. If you don't, you lose. It's exactly how we lost this game, it's how we lost the last Patriots game, it's how we lost the Rams game. How many losses do we need to have this way before people can see it's a problem?

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Basketball and football are not the same sport. Horrible analogy.

In basketball you can stand there and dribble the ball with no negative repercussions.

You can't just run the ball for first downs until there is :01 left and then throw a TD.

If you could execute at that level consistently every team would be trying to do it on every drive.

Just stop posting this nonsense. There's no such fucking thing as a 4-minute offense when you are trailing.

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Basketball and football are not the same sport. Horrible analogy.

In basketball you can stand there and dribble the ball with no negative repercussions.

You can't just run the ball for first downs until there is :01 left and then throw a TD.

If you could execute at that level consistently every team would be trying to do it on every drive.

Just stop posting this nonsense. There's no such fucking thing as a 4-minute offense when you are trailing.
It's bizarro world when clay is the voice of reason

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 07:08 PM
And we were down not ahead by a point.

Best22
01-21-2019, 07:09 PM
I don't understand how this is so difficult to understand. In basketball, you get the ball back with 20 seconds left at half court and you are ahead by one point. You don't score right away, you let the clock run a bit and try to score with a few seconds left. That puts the other side in a bad position where its tough to come back.

Here, we are talking minutes instead of seconds but the same concept applies. Yes you want to score and that is the first priority but you can waste the clock by methodically moving down the field. We gave them a bunch of time and plenty of timeouts to go get a touchdown. Every time they needed to score, they did. They got stopped early on when they had the lead but when they needed it, they kept converting. You can't trust your defense to stop them.
Again, look at how the Patriots win so many of their games. They waste the clock when they need to and give the other team hardly any time to go get back the lead. It's the formula for their multiple Super Bowl appearances and wins.

If it's earlier in the game, hell yeah push the ball down the field, get ahead and put the pressure on the other team. When you are in the last part of the game, you have to play the clock. If you don't, you lose. It's exactly how we lost this game, it's how we lost the last Patriots game, it's how we lost the Rams game. How many losses do we need to have this way before people can see it's a problem?

The difference with football and basketball is that in football it’s difficult to even get in scoring range.

In basketball, you easily walk down the court and set your offense in scoring range for the optimal shot. In football, every yard of ground is contested. Just getting into scoring range is hard enough, let alone scoring. Reid would’ve loved to have the ball 1st and goal at the Pats 3 with 1 minute left, but there was no guarantee we could get into that situation, and no guarantee a series of short passes and runs even gets us into scoring range.

Papi
01-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Well we'll never know for sure if burning more clock could have worked. But I know what didn't work!

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 07:16 PM
A good analogy, if you want to use basketball is this:

Your team is behind by one point and has the ball with five minutes left.

So obviously you should just brick 10 shots in a row and get the offensive rebound every time, so you can run down the clock to the last second and sink the game winning shot.

That strategy will certainly work.

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Well we'll never know for sure if burning more clock could have worked. But I know what didn't work!

Running the same defensive scheme that wasn't working.

Shaid
01-21-2019, 07:21 PM

So obviously you should just brick 10 shots in a row and get the offensive rebound every time, so you can run down the clock to the last second and sink the game winning shot.

Might be your worst trolling effort ever.

Kman34
01-21-2019, 07:23 PM
Here's a idea... at end of regulation time maybe we should have fouled the Patriots to stop the clock... sure we would have up yardage but the clock would stop long enough so we could get the right play in...maybe we could have got a TD...:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Might be your worst trolling effort ever.

This is not trolling.

This is the voice of reason.

There is, 100%, no such thing as a four-minute offense when your team is trailing.

Sannyasi
01-21-2019, 07:29 PM

The real basketball analogy would be holding onto the ball to take a shot at the buzzer, rather than just running down the court and shooting as quickly as possible without regard for the clock.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 07:29 PM
The real basketball analogy would be holding onto the ball to take a shot at the buzzer, rather than just running down the court and shooting as quickly as possible without regard for the clock.

Someone just made that analogy.

It's a terrible analogy that makes no sense.

You can't do that in football.

A football possession is not the same thing as a basketball possession.

Marcellus
01-21-2019, 07:33 PM
4 minute offense is what you run when you have a LEAD and are trying to burn clock.

IF a FG would have won the game you MIGHT have a point, but we needed a TD to win, you ALWAYS take the TD when you can.

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 07:35 PM
Just because it's an unorthodox approach to a critical drive, or because an exhausted, substandard defensive unit might potentially get the necessary stop after we score quickly, you have to consider both options in an ever-evolving league.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to changing situations.

Is it more likely that the chiefs' offense could deliberately choreograph a drive that incorporates, say, 9-yard routes, then subsequent 1-yard runs for first downs, that adequately runs the clock and forces NE to burn their TOs? Yes. That seems like something that can be achieved.

Is it a preferred approach to letting our suspect defense win the game vrs. the Goat? Yes, it is.

Raiderhater
01-21-2019, 07:42 PM
In a perfect world?? When you have the ball you can create the perfect world. It's not up to chance to run some plays that burn some clock. I'm not blaming Mahomes!!! I'm blaming the play calling

If that were at all true the offense would have scored a lot more than zero fucking points in the first half.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Is it more likely that the chiefs' offense could deliberately choreograph a drive that incorporates, say, 9-yard routes, then subsequent 1-yard runs for first downs, that adequately runs the clock and forces NE to burn their TOs? Yes. That seems like something that can be achieved.

Some team would already have shown this is possible to be executed.

It's not possible.

There are too many bad things that can happen. Your execution needs to be too precise for this to be a repeatable offensive strategy.

You can't have one bad block on a running play.

You can't have a dropped pass.

You can't have a ball slightly overthrown.

When you're down you can't think about burning clock. You just have to think about finding the open man and hitting him, whether it's a 5-yard gain or a 20-yard gain.

You can't sit there and say "oh shit that man is open 25 yards down the field, but I only need five yards on this play."

Sannyasi
01-21-2019, 07:44 PM
Someone just made that analogy.

It's a terrible analogy that makes no sense.

You can't do that in football.

A football possession is not the same thing as a basketball possession.

Sorry, I missed that one. Its obviously not quite as simple as the basketball analogy, because you have to keep getting first downs in order to keep possession. I can admit that its not easy, particularly when ball control isn't a normal part of the offense, but my only point is we have a better chance of Pat getting first downs and milking the clock rather than putting one of the worst defenses ever against the best QB ever with the game on the line.

But the offensive philosophy was wrong on that second to last drive. I'm not mad about the Watkins play because they needed to get a first down at that point, and once we were in the red zone we did the right thing and ran the ball, which happened to score a TD. But the two previous plays were two deep balls, one to Watkins that drew the pass interference and then one to Tyreek in the endzone that was almost picked off. The level of urgency on those plays was not appropriate to the situation, we didn't need to be chucking balls into the endzone with 3 minutes on the clock.

I'm not a Reid hater but it really felt like the coach didn't understand the amount of time that was left in the game. We DID NOT NEED TO SCORE RIGHT AWAY, there was plenty of time and timeouts. And saying that the only other choice is to give Williams the ball up the middle is a false choice. We had one of the most creative offenses all year, with jet sweeps, run-pass option plays, actual option plays, screen passes. There are other options between passing the ball deep and running Williams up the middle.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 07:47 PM
There are other options between passing the ball deep and running Williams up the middle.

And the Patriots had those options covered.

They didn't send every receiver deep on those plays.

Would you rather Pat take a sack than try to hit the guy who's actually open?

You can't play small ball when you're down.

That leads to 7-minute Alex Smith drives and pointless TDs to Albert Wilson with 2 minutes left.

You just have to go score.

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 07:48 PM
If that were at all true the offense would have scored a lot more than zero ****ing points in the first half.

It's amazing how schizo that game was. We had 7 in the 1st half, but Pat overthrew it.

Andy had designs on something in the 1st half, and it went horribly wrong.

NE's D was fresher obviously in the 1st half, but it's still bizarre.

Amazing how much there is to consider, like if our offense had aired-it-out from the jump.

That's why we love the game!

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 07:52 PM
Some team would already have shown this is possible to be executed.

It's not possible.

There are too many bad things that can happen. Your execution needs to be too precise for this to be a repeatable offensive strategy.

You can't have one bad block on a running play.

You can't have a dropped pass.

You can't have a ball slightly overthrown.

When you're down you can't think about burning clock. You just have to think about finding the open man and hitting him, whether it's a 5-yard gain or a 20-yard gain.

You can't sit there and say "oh shit that man is open 25 yards down the field, but I only need five yards on this play."

I think it's possible.. players would obviously be told to kneel at a certain point on the field if the opposing team were wanting to let us score.

Gurley did that twice this year that i remember.

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 07:55 PM
you wouldn't design a play with an option 25-yards deep, other than for that player to be a decoy... you don't think opposing Ds would almost be happy to allow 5, 7 or 9-yard plays, until the whole charade was widespread, then it would get even more interesting.

Raiderhater
01-21-2019, 07:56 PM
It's amazing how schizo that game was. We had 7 in the 1st half, but Pat overthrew it.

Andy had designs on something in the 1st half, and it went horribly wrong.

NE's D was fresher obviously in the 1st half, but it's still bizarre.

Amazing how much there is to consider, like if our offense had aired-it-out from the jump.

That's why we love the game!

Which is exactly why you score when the opportunity is there regardless of time on the clock, you don’t know when or if the opportunity will come again.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 08:00 PM
you wouldn't design a play with an option 25-yards deep

bring back the cassel era ROFL

you people

Sannyasi
01-21-2019, 08:01 PM

That leads to 7-minute Alex Smith drives and pointless TDs to Albert Wilson with 2 minutes left.

We lost the same way against the Pats though last time, and I remember having the same arguments with people after the game. Its just a difference in philosophy I suppose. I've seen Brady and Manning absolutely play "small ball", if by small ball you mean trying to orchestrate long drives to score at the end of the game. I think Pat absolutely could do the same thing, but he isn't being coached properly because sadly Reid doesn't seem to believe in situational football. Again I love Reid and I think the good outweighs the bad with him, but this does seem to be a real deficiency in his coaching from what I can tell.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 08:01 PM
I think it's possible.. players would obviously be told to kneel at a certain point on the field if the opposing team were wanting to let us score.

The Rams were AHEAD when that happened. :facepalm:

Literally no team in NFL history has done what people are advocating in this thread.

I'm sure teams have gotten the ball with four minutes and scored the game winner with a few seconds left, but it wasn't by design.

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 08:02 PM
I think you do know. This offense was prolific.

Snopes Hammer
A quick scoring offense is a byproduct of having a poor line. If you can't consistently get rushing yards or give the passing game time to run routes, you can't have those kind of long, time consuming drives that end in tds.

Brady was able to have those kind of drives all game and since we already had a bad defense, it led to them also being exhausted at the end of a game. Sometimes you need the offense to grind out some time to get the defense some rest.

SAUTO

With the lead

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 08:05 PM
The way the Patriots were playing defense it's almost impossible to get small chunks and have 12-15 play drives.

They were inviting the big play with the way they were playing defense, with sell out blitzes and aggressive man coverage.

Trying to dink and dunk down the field plays right into their hands.

You just have to rape their blitzes and hope your defense gets a stop.

In our case our defense DID get a stop, Dee was just offsides.

That doesn't mean the offensive philosophy was wrong.

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 08:07 PM
bring back the cassel era ROFL

you people

all this abstraction is fun

a competent D would likely eliminate the need for all this machination ha

I still think it's not totally absurd.

Get 2 1st downs via 4 plays designed to do exactly that, you're at the 2 minute warning at approximately midfield

after that lol it gets goofy

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 08:11 PM
The Rams were AHEAD when that happened. :facepalm:

Literally no team in NFL history has done what people are advocating in this thread.

I'm sure teams have gotten the ball with four minutes and scored the game winner with a few seconds left, but it wasn't by design.

if it's been done, albeit through no design, maybe it can be designed

:tinfoil:

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 08:19 PM
We need to go full throttle on offense from the first kickoff, and play a complimentary super-high-risk/reward defense.

That 8 minute TD drive to open the game was worst case scenario.

In58men
01-21-2019, 08:20 PM
FUN FACT: Mahomes didn’t throw an interception in the playoffs.

Papi
01-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Breaking that possession down:
We started drive with 3:26 on the clock on our 32 yard line.
Incomplete pass 12 yards down field.
3:21 on clock
Holding against Pats
3:11 on clock 1st down
Mahomes throws to no one
3:07 on clock
Deep shot gets defensive pass interference.
3:02 on clock ball on Pats 40.
(They have given us all 28 yards and we have spent 24 seconds of clock)
1st down here we take a shot at the end zone! Unnecessary and almost picked off.
2:55 on clock
Pass to Watkins gets us to the 2.
We FINALLY burn some clock
Snap at 2:06
TD run.
2:03 left for the GOAT.

Never even had a 3rd down to sweat about! If you don't think we should have run on at least one of those 1st downs then the Chiefs may hire you!

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 08:33 PM
The run wasn't working.

Papi
01-21-2019, 08:38 PM
The run wasn't working.
Gotta run it at least once to find out. And I wouldn't care if it was for no gain. Takes an additional 40 seconds off clock!

ChiTown
01-21-2019, 08:38 PM
The run wasn't working.

It’s truly incredible how bad the takes are in this thread.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 08:45 PM
Gotta run it at least once to find out. And I wouldn't care if it was for no gain. Takes an additional 40 seconds off clock!

Some of you literally want RRPP with the game on the line. ROFL

Papi
01-21-2019, 08:51 PM
Some of you literally want RRPP with the game on the line. ROFL

Why do you keep going there??? NO ONE is saying that. Only one play that drive didn't stop the clock!!! Do you know anything about anything at all??? I'm dead serious. I'm amazed you've managed to bumble your way through life with your lack of intelligence.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 08:53 PM
Smashing into the line just to burn 40 seconds when you need a TD is monumentally stupid.

We literally lost playoff games with that mentality.

Papi
01-21-2019, 08:54 PM
Smashing into the line just to burn 40 seconds when you need a TD is monumentally stupid.

But did we have Mahomes then??? Believe in your best unit and keep the ball out of Brady's hands.

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 08:59 PM

I've got my mind made up. I'm gonna run to you, line

<iframe width="860" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nCBASt507WA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 09:01 PM
When the clock says too much, I need to feel your touch, big uglies

Raiderhater
01-21-2019, 09:03 PM
But did we have Mahomes then??? Believe in your best unit and keep the ball out of Brady's hands.

We have Mahomes now and what you saw last night is what you get from him. That is how he plays and that play is what we have been clamoring for all these years.

We finally get the QB of our fantasies and people still can’t be happy.

Rivaldo
01-21-2019, 09:15 PM
lol ChiTown's Stroking to Patrick's 50/5000 and avatar combo

could be Goat

DanT
01-21-2019, 09:26 PM

This. If scoring slow is the right move, then why did both teams score their last TD in regulation and leave enough time on the clock for the other team to score, which is what happened? You think Brady and Belichick don't know how to win, OP?

Papi
01-21-2019, 09:39 PM
This. If scoring slow is the right move, then why did both teams score their last TD in regulation and leave enough time on the clock for the other team to score, which is what happened? You think Brady and Belichick don't know how to win, OP?
Not really an argument is it? Brady with 2 min = 7 points. Mahomes with 38 seconds = 3 points. And I'll remind you that the Pats did win.

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 09:49 PM
Not really an argument is it? Brady with 2 min = 7 points. Mahomes with 38 seconds = 3 points. And I'll remind you that the Pats did win.

Really they both got just what they needed at that point considering the time situation.

Bowser
01-21-2019, 09:55 PM

All we needed was 3 points in that situation. They were playing for the field goal.

RunKC
01-21-2019, 10:08 PM

They also had Tyreek double covered on the deep pass on first down. That should have been a pick and game ender.

Pat was extremely lucky. He needs to learn not to play hero ball like that.

htismaqe
01-21-2019, 10:14 PM
Let's bust on Mahomes.

ROFL

The best QB in the history of the franchise, 23-years old, took the team to the AFC Championship in his first season as the starter.

And let's just pick him apart.

ROFL

htismaqe
01-21-2019, 10:15 PM

Chiefs fans would play 1995 football. It's safer, more comfortable.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2019, 10:50 PM
They also had Tyreek double covered on the deep pass on first down. That should have been a pick and game ender.

He's a young QB. He almost made a mistake. He almost took us to the SB.

The sky is falling.

RunKC
01-21-2019, 11:29 PM
Let's bust on Mahomes.

ROFL

The best QB in the history of the franchise, 23-years old, took the team to the AFC Championship in his first season as the starter.

And let's just pick him apart.

ROFL

I know. Can’t say anything about Mahomes game, even if it’s something constructive for him to learn.

Apparently that kinda talk makes people think you want Alex back :rolleyes:

O.city
01-21-2019, 11:41 PM
No matter how good pat is or plays, he just can’t do it himself.

Sure, he missed some plays. He also threw for 300 yards and 3 tds and handed his defense a lead twice in the afc champ game.

Indian Chief
01-22-2019, 12:09 AM

If the Chiefs had run once and ate an additional 40 seconds of clock, Brady would have scored with the clock running out and the Chiefs would have never gotten the ball back. They would have lost in regulation.

htismaqe
01-22-2019, 12:23 AM
I know. Can’t say anything about Mahomes game, even if it’s something constructive for him to learn.

Apparently that kinda talk makes people think you want Alex back :rolleyes:

The entire premise of the thread is ridiculous.

1) You don't run a 4-minute offense when you're behind. Scores aren't guaranteed in the NFL. Furthermore, they RAN THE BALL in goal to go and Williams scored. The only other option was to take a freaking knee. Would that have been better?

2) Patrick Mahomes incapable of running the 4-minute offense? You mean like last week against the Colts when he ran it to PERFECTION.

I'm all for constructive criticism but some of this stuff is just straight up low IQ BS.

Mahomes_Is_God
01-22-2019, 04:34 AM
Any Chiefs "fan" spouting negativity about Mahomes deserves to be castrated and exiled. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you and die. He is our god, so either join him or die.

New World Order
01-22-2019, 04:44 AM
The entire premise of the thread is ridiculous.

1) You don't run a 4-minute offense when you're behind. Scores aren't guaranteed in the NFL. Furthermore, they RAN THE BALL in goal to go and Williams scored. The only other option was to take a freaking knee. Would that have been better?

2) Patrick Mahomes incapable of running the 4-minute offense? You mean like last week against the Colts when he ran it to PERFECTION.

I'm all for constructive criticism but some of this stuff is just straight up low IQ BS.

Yep. If we were running the ball effectively, you could maybe make a case, but we had no rushing attack at all.

It’s hard to milk clock and have 12-play drives or so with no running game.

Chris Meck
01-22-2019, 05:15 AM
Yep. If we were running the ball effectively, you could maybe make a case, but we had no rushing attack at all.

It’s hard to milk clock and have 12-play drives or so with no running game.

Well, I don't think we COULDN'T run the ball, I think we were behind so we DIDN'T run the ball so much.

01-22-2019, 05:41 AM
In a perfect world where you are guaranteed to score on every possession, sure try and take all the time you can. In the real world, when you are behind you do what you have to do to get the lead back. This is on the defense. PERIOD>

warrior
01-22-2019, 07:46 AM
Congratulations OP you've managed to dis the best QB we've ever had -he scores too quick I sure hope Mahomes dosn't read CP to see just how ****ing stupid some people are.
Mods should delete this stupid crap before a someone show it to the team.

rtmike
01-22-2019, 07:57 AM
Failed game plan.
Bellchicks game plan was to keep Mahomes off the field.

I’m thinking Andy should have been g planning how to keep our D off the field, lol.

Yeah, I know.

htismaqe
01-22-2019, 09:30 AM
Andy tried to run the ball in the first half.

We were right behind the Chiefs bench and the people in front of us were yelling "Andy, you blankety blank blank THROW THE BALL!!!!"

The running game wasn't working well and when they got down, things also had to change.

I just wish people would make up their mind what they want. Run, don't run, score, don't score. This fanbase is like cuckolded or something.

O.city
01-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Andy tried to run the ball in the first half.

We were right behind the Chiefs bench and the people in front of us were yelling "Andy, you blankety blank blank THROW THE BALL!!!!"

The running game wasn't working well and when they got down, things also had to change.

I just wish people would make up their mind what they want. Run, don't run, score, don't score. This fanbase is like outstanding citizenolded or something.

If Ford isn't offsides, Andy is a genius that adjusted at the half and put up 28 in the 2nd half to beat the Hoody and Brady threw 3 picks in an AFC champ loss.

6 fucking inches.

loochy
01-22-2019, 09:44 AM
I just wish people would make up their mind what they want. Run, don't run, score, don't score. This fanbase is like cuckolded or something.

People just want a win. It's just a bunch of fans not really thinking properly. The fanbase is in a kind of desperation mode and is grasping at straws for a SB berth.

loochy
01-22-2019, 09:45 AM
If Ford isn't offsides, Andy is a genius that adjusted at the half and put up 28 in the 2nd half to beat the Hoody and Brady threw 3 picks in an AFC champ loss.

6 fucking inches.

I think Ford was more than 6 inches over. He looked to be WAY over the line.

Raiderhater
01-22-2019, 10:04 AM
People just want a win. It's just a bunch of fans not really thinking properly. The fanbase is in a kind of desperation mode and is grasping at straws for a SB berth.

The franchise has done a complete hatchet job on the collective psyche of the fans. I totally understand what is driving this stupidity. But it is still stupidity just the same.

srvy
01-22-2019, 12:04 PM

Didn't he get hit just as he threw it? I think he did if I recall and my guess was that was intended to be thrown so the only player to reach that ball was Reek.

This is the problem with playing to run down the clock before you score for the win. One missed assignment pressure gets in face QB altering the throw and interception. No coach is going to do this in a conference championship game lest they be run out town. You get an opportunity to to score a TD you take its the NFL not a HS game.

This whole thread makes CP look like idiots and needs nuked.

Marcellus
01-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Herm Edwards approves of the OP, that's ALL you need to now about this subject.