PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Request: let's not make this about one play

suzzer99
01-20-2019, 10:10 PM
This game came down to basically a coin flip. Hats off to the GOAT QB, GOAT coach and incredible offense who made every single play when they needed to.

What I personally don't want is for this to become "The Dee Ford Game" or one of the other plays. We stood toe to toe with the greatest coach and QB of all time, and lost by a hair.

Also Brady may have seen the flag and knew he had a free play - which might have affected his decisions.

This game came down to 100 plays imo - the pats made 51 of them, we made 49.

IMO - let's just keep that as the narrative in our minds. I don't want to add this game to the canon of "we got fucked" games. We didn't get fucked imo. We just made one less play than they did in a classic nail-biter that came down to a handful of plays.

jd1020
01-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Tough shit. This is Dee Ford's legacy.

Pitt Gorilla
01-20-2019, 10:16 PM
Agreed.

DRM08
01-20-2019, 10:20 PM
Can't just blame it all on Ford's penalty. They had plenty of chances and made a lot of mistakes in all aspects (including special teams) to come up short. Examples:

*Mahomes missed an open TD pass in first half.
*Mahomes took a sack on the next play that cost them a field goal.
*Offense scored zero points in the first half. HUGE deal there.
*Tyreek's punt return and Kelce's drop setup the Patriots for an easy field goal.
*Berry's dropped INT.
*The OL shitting their pants the entire first half.
*The defense being unable to make any plays down the stretch.
*The defense giving up a soul-crushing 8 minute TD drive to open the game.

Bowser
01-20-2019, 10:22 PM
Request denied. This IS on Dee Ford whether you want it to be or not. You could make the argument about this play or that play or this player or the other, and you wouldn't be wrong, but the fact is this - Ford doesn't line up in the neutral zone and we win. We HAD the interception, and Ford's dumb ass can't figure out where the LOS is and subsequently costs up the Super Bowl.

Forever this will be Dee Ford's fault. It's just the way it's going to be.

chiefforlife
01-20-2019, 10:22 PM
Can't just blame it all on Ford's penalty. They had plenty of chances and made a lot of mistakes in all aspects (including special teams) to come up short. Examples:

*Tyreek's punt return and Kelce's drop setup the Patriots for an easy field goal.
*Berry's dropped INT.

This

WhiteWhale
01-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Like it or not importance is weighted to plays at the end of the game, especially plays that could have ended the game and sealed victory for your team.

Everyone on the field and sideline understands that.

Pitt Gorilla
01-20-2019, 10:25 PM
Like it or not importance is weighted to plays at the end of the game, especially plays that could have ended the game and sealed victory for your team.

Everyone on the field and sideline understands that.Perfect. Blame it on the coin flip.

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2019, 10:28 PM
[Pelissero] Some staggering numbers in the #Patriots win: They ran 94 plays, gained 524 yards, were 13-of-19 on 3rd down and 4-of-5 in the red zone, possessed the ball for 43 minutes, 59 seconds -- and Tom Brady wasn't sacked. #Chiefs D did have 2 takeaways, but pretty tough to win that way.

DRM08
01-20-2019, 10:29 PM
Perfect. Blame it on the coin flip.

Yep, that's the more frustrating thing to me.

Bowser
01-20-2019, 10:29 PM
Perfect. Blame it on the coin flip.

Or, OR, blame it on Dee Ford for letting it get to a coin flip. He stays onsides and the pick counts and we win the game. Seems simple.

Ron Swanson
01-20-2019, 10:30 PM
Nope going to blame it on Dee Ford, because he is an idiot.

REDHOTGTO
01-20-2019, 10:46 PM
Dee ford is what I'm gonna remember. But whatever there were lots o mistakes made but that one really counted no matter what's said, that call finished the game for chiefs

ROYC75
01-20-2019, 10:52 PM
CP is always full of chicken little's!

Allison Chainz
01-20-2019, 11:27 PM

Shut up with that cuck bullshit...

Allison Chainz
01-20-2019, 11:28 PM

Shut up with that C U C K bullshit...

pugsnotdrugs19
01-20-2019, 11:28 PM
[Pelissero] Some staggering numbers in the #Patriots win: They ran 94 plays, gained 524 yards, were 13-of-19 on 3rd down and 4-of-5 in the red zone, possessed the ball for 43 minutes, 59 seconds -- and Tom Brady wasn't sacked. #Chiefs D did have 2 takeaways, but pretty tough to win that way.

Very Sutton like results there.

Allison Chainz
01-20-2019, 11:29 PM
Eric Fisher sucks

ROYC75
01-20-2019, 11:32 PM
Shut up with that C U C K bullshit...

Squawk, Squawk, Squawk.

cdcox
01-20-2019, 11:32 PM
This will forever be known as the Dee Ford game. Nothing anyone can do to change that. Even so I feel for the guy and want him back for a reasonable second contract. His carelessness cost the Chiefs a SB appearance, but I will give him the chance to atone.

jd1020
01-20-2019, 11:37 PM
Even so I feel for the guy and want him back for a reasonable second contract. His carelessness cost the Chiefs a SB appearance, but I will give him the chance to atone.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/14ooolmDKfgrO8" width="480" height="463" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/hd-handy-14ooolmDKfgrO8">via GIPHY</a></p>

Simplicity
01-20-2019, 11:39 PM
Nope... Offense, special teams, and defense did just enough to win the game besides Dee Ford being offsides. One mistake actually costed us a Super Bowl appearance. So yeah, it was one play.

cdcox
01-20-2019, 11:40 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/14ooolmDKfgrO8" width="480" height="463" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/hd-handy-14ooolmDKfgrO8">via GIPHY</a></p>

He is one of 4 or 5 players on the defense that can make a play. He is going to help some team for a number of years -- why not us?

jd1020
01-20-2019, 11:42 PM
He is one of 4 or 5 players on the defense that can make a play. He is going to help some team for a number of years -- why not us?

He had his chance to help in a game that he was largely invisible and all he had to do was line up on fucking sides.

jerryaldini
01-20-2019, 11:44 PM
Fine, except you have to weight those things. The coin toss was determinative and pure luck. Nfl should at least change that rule during playoffs.

Rain Man
01-20-2019, 11:46 PM
Can we hire an intern to stand on the sidelines and tell our guys to line up correctly? If you pay him $14 an hour and give him that one job, it would cost $672 per year to stop doing this (well, and another $126 or so for the playoffs). How many times did it happen this year?

I feel bad for Dee and this was a very good year for him. I want him back. But seriously, hire an intern with a duck call, and whenever you hear the duck call, look at where the line of scrimmage is.

suzzer99
01-20-2019, 11:47 PM
Brady most likely saw the flag and knew he had a free play. Did it change anything about where or how he threw it? Maybe, maybe not.

But I'm just gonna choose to believe it might have because this game is about so many more plays. Mostly it's about Bob Sutton sucking giant donkey balls.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They are using KILL calls. Get two plays and if defense presents a bad look, just KILL the call. Much easier to communicate than less structured audibles</p>&mdash; Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) <a href="https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1087139557496090624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Indian Chief
01-21-2019, 12:06 AM
The other guys are professionals as well, and so if someone straight up beats you on a play or you get out coached, then you tip your hat. When you fail to do something as simple as line up properly, that's on you. It 100% does not involve anyone else in the game. It isn't even like he jumped offsides on a hard count when you could say, "well Brady made a great play." Dee Ford did something so stupid and so inexcusable that he does not get a pass.

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 12:08 AM
The other guys are professionals as well, and so if someone straight up beats you on a play or you get out coached, then you tip your hat. When you fail to do something as simple as line up properly, that's on you. It 100% does not involve anyone else in the game. It isn't even like he jumped offsides on a hard count when you could say, "well Brady made a great play." Dee Ford did something so stupid and so inexcusable that he does not get a pass.

This

KDB
01-21-2019, 12:12 AM
If Dee Ford wasn't offsides, we ALL would be celebrating and the CHIEFS would be in the SUPER BOWL. That play is what will be remembered by Chiefs fans. I am completely fine with never seeing that man in that uniform ever again.

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 12:55 AM

1 player with just 1 play, you want to lay the blame on 1 play, sure it was a boneheaded play.

But so was missing a wide open Williams in the 1st half for a TD. That's 6, 7 pts and Ford is not the topic. Everybody is happy saying how great this team is, yadda yadda yadda.

What about the sack Pat took after that missed Williams play, takes us out of FG range. Sure Andy could have went for it. But we make that 3 pts, Ford's play is irrelevant.

What if Brady doesn't throw that Red Zone INT, we lose by more points! Yadda Yadda Yadda....

Damn the " what if " game sure is big when you have 100 + snaps in a game!:eek:

01-21-2019, 12:55 AM
Eric Fisher sucksThe human revolving door

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 12:58 AM
1 player with just 1 play, you want to lay the blame on 1 play, sure it was a boneheaded play.

But so was missing a wide open Williams in the 1st half for a TD. That's 6, 7 pts and Ford is not the topic. Everybody is happy saying how great this team is, yadda yadda yadda.

What about the sack Pat took after that missed Williams play, takes us out of FG range. Sure Andy could have went for it. But we make that 3 pts, Ford's play is irrelevant.

What if Brady doesn't throw that Red Zone INT, we lose by more points! Yadda Yadda Yadda....

Those are all examples of live play, not lining up wrong, big difference.

A8bil
01-21-2019, 01:01 AM
OP...your post, while totally endorsed by anyone who has played team sports and realizes how a loss is a culmination of failures throughout a came, will be rejected by the monday morning coaches who are all knowing.

jd1020
01-21-2019, 01:02 AM

Ya ya. Ford's play is irrelevant if X Y or Z happened.

On the same token X Y and Z weren't failures in understanding a basic principle of the game and had Dee Ford paid attention on day 1 in pee wee X Y and Z would have been irrelevant.

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 01:09 AM
Those are all examples of live play, not lining up wrong, big difference.

Score 7 pts the 1st half, that boneheaded play was just 5 yards.

OL block the 1st half like men instead of boys, we could of had more points.

1 mistake is never a reason you lose a game. Missed FG's suck, they can get a kicker cut by a team but the offense not getting TD's is just as much an issue.

You win as a team and lose as a team.

Grow up and understand the game!

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 01:10 AM
OP...your post, while totally endorsed by anyone who has played team sports and realizes how a loss is a culmination of failures throughout a came, will be rejected by the monday morning coaches who are all knowing.

I played defensive line for 10 years, never once lined up offsides. It's a simple rule to follow.

LongSufferingToady
01-21-2019, 01:17 AM
Dee Ford will never forget this game, and his "contribution" to it. It will haunt him for years. I hope.

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 01:18 AM
Score 7 pts the 1st half, that boneheaded play was just 5 yards.

OL block the 1st half like men instead of boys, we could of had more points.

1 mistake is never a reason you lose a game. Missed FG's suck, they can get a kicker cut by a team but the offense not getting TD's is just as much an issue.

You win as a team and lose as a team.

Grow up and understand the game!

"Just 5 yards" and you are telling me to understand the game? LOL

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 01:23 AM
I played defensive line for 10 years, never once lined up offsides. It's a simple rule to follow.

The Chiefs can use your help, apply today to help us next year!

Can you block better than our OL?

Can you hit an open RB for a TD?

I love it when a Hot Dog comes in here saying I did this, I did that. OK, if you had the mustard it takes to make it, why didn't you play professional football.

You have to remember, this are young men, prone to making mistakes, they are not perfect as your 10 yr. run of exceptional football in pop warner league.

kccrow
01-21-2019, 01:24 AM
We have such memories don't we?
The Lin Elliott
The Eric Fisher
The Dee Ford
The list goes on, and on, and on, and on..................

Should really just rename the team to the Chokes and call it a day.

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 01:24 AM
"Just 5 yards" and you are telling me to understand the game? LOL

Yep, I see you are on a roll!:clap:

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 01:25 AM
The Chiefs can use your help, apply today to help us next year!

Can you block better than our OL?

Can you hit an open RB for a TD?

I love it when a Hot Dog comes in here saying I did this, I did that. OK, if you had the mustard it takes to make it, why didn't you play professional football.

You have to remember, this are young men, prone to making mistakes, they are not perfect as your 10 yr. run of exceptional football in pop warner league.

LOL, I guess the point of my post went over your head.

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 01:38 AM
LOL, I guess the point of my post went over your head.

Please enlighten me! Please explain to me that playing your 1 play mistake by Ford and I add in the 1 play mistake by Pat missing Williams in the 1st half is more than a 5 yard penalty on Ford?

If I am not mistaken, those 7 pts clearly out weighs the 5 yard penalty on Ford at that point. You see if everything else plays out the way the game did with those 2 plays being different, please explain to me where it's a very big deal breaker of Ford screwing up?

Your what if game of only 1 mistake doesn't cut it in a game of 80 to 120 snaps per game.

It might be the play that everybody remembers, kinda like a FG kicker missing an extra point or a FG in a loss.

But please, enlighten me!

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 01:41 AM
Please enlighten me! Please explain to me that playing your 1 play mistake by Ford and I add in the 1 play mistake by Pat missing Williams in the 1st half is more than a 5 yard penalty on Ford?

If I am not mistaken, those 7 pts clearly out weighs the 5 yard penalty on Ford at that point. You see if everything else plays out the way the game did with those 2 plays being different, please explain to me where it's a very big deal breaker of Ford screwing up?

Your what if game of only 1 mistake doesn't cut it in a game of 80 to 120 snaps per game.

It might be the play that everybody remembers, kinda like a FG kicker missing an extra point or a FG in a loss.

But please, enlighten me!

The change of possession that was nullified by the 5 yard penalty, good god you are stupid.

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 01:45 AM
The change of possession that was nullified by the 5 yard penalty, good god you are stupid.

Really? It's more than the 6 or 7 pts?

Stupid ?

We would have been up at that point and instead of tied at the end of regulation, we would have been 6 or 7 pts ahead !

Who's stupid ?

Thanks for playing, been great!

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 01:47 AM
Really? It's more than the 6 or 7 pts?

Stupid ?

We would have been up at that point and instead of tied at the end of regulation, we would have been 6 or 7 pts ahead !

Who's stupid ?

Thanks for playing, been great!

The game was over if he didn't line up offsides, how dumb are you?

-King-
01-21-2019, 01:49 AM
It's so hard not to play the "if only x happened instead of y" game right now.

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 01:57 AM

It's pretty simple to say if Ford hadn't lined up like a moron, the Chiefs would be in the Super Bowl.

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 02:00 AM
The game was over if he didn't line up offsides, how dumb are you?

Not at all, you are failing to see my side. " If " this or " If " that, had we scored 6 or 7pts the 1st half like I said, hell, even 3, Ford's screw up wouldn't have mattered much!

Just going by your take, the only mistake in the game ( Ford's ) ,yes, we lost because of it.

But that was not the only mistake in the game!

Now, what were you saying about " Stupid " and " dumb " ?

Like I said, thanks for playing the game. Oh, BTW, in case you are too stupid or dumb to figure it out, you lost this argument!

Ron Swanson
01-21-2019, 02:03 AM
Not at all, you are failing to see my side. " If " this or " If " that, had we scored 6 or 7pts the 1st half like I said, hell, even 3, Ford's screw up wouldn't have mattered much!

Just going by your take, the only mistake in the game ( Ford's ) ,yes, we lost because of it.

But that was not the only mistake in the game!

Now, what were you saying about " Stupid " and " dumb " ?

Like I said, thanks for playing the game. Oh, BTW, in case you are too stupid or dumb to figure it out, you lost this argument!

Of course it wasn't the only mistake in the game, but it was the one that literally cost them making the Super Bowl due to a blatant mental error.

DTVietnam
im depressed

but without dee ford we dont even make the playoffs

this is the life of a chiefs fan...some of yall still dont get it

ROYC75

It is, but you can't get wrapped up in it. There are way too many plays during the course of the game that can change by 1 play. If you say " if this, or if that " then what affects does that have in the outcome of the next few plays have that would be different that what we saw happen during the game.

You win as a team, you lose as a team, it's "NEVER" the results of 1 player or just 1 play!

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 02:07 AM
Of course it wasn't the only mistake in the game, but it was the one that literally cost them making the Super Bowl due to a blatant mental error.

It was a mental error that has lasting, game changing effects of the outcome due to the time frame of the game.

How many other " mental " mistakes did our players make that are going unnoticed right now only because you want to focus on "only 1 play "?

Pat was frustrated with Kelce on 1 play acting like he ran a bad route, the ball wasn't close to him. Had that play worked, would the next play of been a game changing play ?

Oh the " What If " game?

Indian Chief
01-21-2019, 02:07 AM

People on this site love to quote you and then completely ignore everything you said and argue something entirely different.

You did not refute ANYTHING I said. Not one thing. Everything I said is 100% accurate. I never said I was laying the blame on one play. I said he doesn't get a pass. There were many other screw ups. But no one has a time machine and we can't change the past. The only thing we know for sure is that at that point in the game, Dee Ford made a completely unforced error. He beat himself and his team. Mahomes overthrew a few balls with guys in his face. Hill made a dumb mistake on the punt return. But at least those were mistakes in the heat of the moment with guys trying to make a play. Dee Ford managed to screw up standing there. That's all. For the record, I didn't play the "what if" game. You did. Ford screwed up. I didn't say to kick him off the team.

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 02:08 AM
It's pretty simple to say if Ford hadn't lined up like a moron, the Chiefs would be in the Super Bowl.

If Brady hadn't of thrown that INT in the Red Zone the 1st half, there wouldn't have been an OT?

" If " ?

ROYC75
01-21-2019, 02:12 AM
People on this site love to quote you and then completely ignore everything you said and argue something entirely different.

You did not refute ANYTHING I said. Not one thing. Everything I said is 100% accurate. I never said I was laying the blame on one play. I said he doesn't get a pass. There were many other screw ups. But no one has a time machine and we can't change the past. The only thing we know for sure is that at that point in the game, Dee Ford made a completely unforced error. He beat himself and his team. Mahomes overthrew a few balls with guys in his face. Hill made a dumb mistake on the punt return. But at least those were mistakes in the heat of the moment with guys trying to make a play. Dee Ford managed to screw up standing there. That's all. For the record, I didn't play the "what if" game. You did. Ford screwed up. I didn't say to kick him off the team.

I'm not saying Ford wasn't at fault for the penalty! He was 100 % at fault, but it's " just 1 play "! We left way too many pts out there we didn't get.

Played like crap the whole 1st half!

That's a pretty good reason we lost!

Our defense gave up too many points! That's a good reason !

As I have said many times, in a game that has 80 to 120 plays, snaps, etc, you can not put the blame on just 1 play !

Bugeater
01-21-2019, 02:13 AM
Roy...do yourself a favor and stop...just stop.

JD10367
01-21-2019, 02:20 AM
The Chiefs couldn’t score in the first half. They couldn’t stop the run. They couldn’t run the ball. They couldn’t defend the seam against Edelman. The vaunted pass rush didn’t get to Brady once. Mahomes missed a few shots. If it weren’t for two stupid Brady throws the Chiefs wouldn’t have been that close. They gave up over 500 yards and basically let the opponent double their yardage and TOP. All of this in their own house. You want to blame one scapegoat or whine about the refs, go ahead, but you’re wrong.

It’s a testament to Mahomes and the Chiefs that, even WITH all that, they almost pulled it off. This is only the beginning for them. Mahomes will dominate for years and the Chiefs WILL be perennial AFFCG participants.

(Although you do have to get rid of Sutton.)

Clyde Frog
01-21-2019, 02:48 AM
The Chiefs couldn’t score in the first half. They couldn’t stop the run. They couldn’t run the ball. They couldn’t defend the seam against Edelman. The vaunted pass rush didn’t get to Brady once. Mahomes missed a few shots. If it weren’t for two stupid Brady throws the Chiefs wouldn’t have been that close. They gave up over 500 yards and basically let the opponent double their yardage and TOP. All of this in their own house. You want to blame one scapegoat or whine about the refs, go ahead, but you’re wrong.

It’s a testament to Mahomes and the Chiefs that, even WITH all that, they almost pulled it off. This is only the beginning for them. Mahomes will dominate for years and the Chiefs WILL be perennial AFFCG participants.

(Although you do have to get rid of Sutton.)

"Roughing the passer" apparently only works one way.

Prison Bitch
01-21-2019, 05:35 AM
Hope dee ford never returns

I always hated his POS game

redshirt32
01-21-2019, 05:54 AM
Its his contract year , it took him way to long to get going. Your a fkin bonehead if you cant figure out where the line of scrimage is at this point in time. A bonehead mistake by a piano player my god you cheated and cosr us the game. Fk dumb ass period.

UK_Chief
01-21-2019, 06:12 AM
While I get that there were other mistakes in the game and players will always make mistakes, this one was when the game was on the line. The earlier mistakes there was time to recover from (and we did). Dee-head Ford’s was so goddam boneheaded, so rookie, so pathetic that I can’t forgive him. The super bowl was right there and he took a dump down all our throats with an error that a kid wouldn’t make.and he’s supposed to be a seasoned veteran looking to make top dollar on a new contract. See ya Dee

eDave
01-21-2019, 06:15 AM
Did I miss something or are we just ignoring the roughing call against us on 3rd down. Cause that's what cost us the game.

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Shit call right before that. We got jobbed and I'm pissed the fuck off man.

RedRaider56
01-21-2019, 06:15 AM

Take all the other stuff out. Chiefs had the lead in the 4th quarter.
Defense couldn't hold it
Chiefs got the game tied to sent to OT.
Defense couldn't stop the Patriots

St. Patty's Fire
01-21-2019, 06:47 AM
another request: can we give the offense the shit it deserves? I know we scored 31, but they looked as incoherent and defunct as they have all season. They could barely sustain drives and continually got stopped in two sets of downs or less. Like, the first two possessions of the game were epic disasters that set the tone. Our only first down of the first half came on a hold. That just isn’t good enough to beat the Pats when your team is built around offense. To come out that flat...probably the biggest disappointment of the season.

KCUnited
01-21-2019, 06:52 AM
Witness the most Chiefs game ever with a once in a lifetime talent at QB. Check.

FringeNC
01-21-2019, 07:02 AM
another request: can we give the offense the shit it deserves? I know we scored 31, but they looked as incoherent and defunct as they have all season. They could barely sustain drives and continually got stopped in two sets of downs or less. Like, the first two possessions of the game were epic disasters that set the tone. Our only first down of the first half came on a hold. That just isn’t good enough to beat the Pats when your team is built around offense. To come out that flat...probably the biggest disappointment of the season.

Yep. The Pats dominated both lines, truth be known.

DRM08
01-21-2019, 07:09 AM
Yep. The Pats dominated both lines, truth be known.

Yep. Chiefs got crushed in the trenches. They need a total rebuild on defense, but the OL also needs to get better. Unfortunately I think we might see no major changes.

NY CHIEF
01-21-2019, 07:11 AM
The only tag ford should get is on suitcase

RunKC
01-21-2019, 07:13 AM
Dee Ford changed this entire game.

If that dumb sonofabitch didn’t line up offsides, we win and Brady has 3 INT’s. Everyone would be talking about how awful Brady was in this game.

Chiefnj2
01-21-2019, 07:14 AM
It is absolutely amazing that the game was as close as it was. Numbers wise it was a huge ass kicking.

1st Downs: Pats 36, KC 18
Total Yards: Pats 524, KC 290
Rushing yards: Pats 176, KC 41
Possession: 44:21

Edelman 7 rec, 96 yards Hill 1 rec, 42 yards
Gronk 6 rec, 79 yards, Kelce 3 rec, 23 yards

Brady hit 1x, Mahomes under pressure 40 +%

I hate to say it, but the better team won.

DRM08
01-21-2019, 07:19 AM
Dee Ford changed this entire game.

If that dumb sonofabitch didn’t line up offsides, we win and Brady has 3 INT’s. Everyone would be talking about how awful Brady was in this game.

The earlier 2 INT’s led to a 14 point swing for the Chiefs. Ford bailed him out for sure. Brady is one lucky dude, but I will give him credit for taking advantage of the lucky breaks.

jdh81_06
01-21-2019, 07:20 AM
How about we blame our General manager who failed the team at the trade deadline by not bringing in a player or two to sure up our secondary. Don’t get me wrong, our defense played much better in the playoffs, but it all comes down to we can’t get a big stop on multiple 3rd and longs. These 3rd and longs are a low percentage conversion, and we gave them up multiple times in the 4th quarter and OT. I said it coming in the playoffs, we are two or three key players away on defense from putting it all together. We need secondary help and help at the linebacker position this offseason. We need to have a strong draft and bring in a veteran or two for leadership on the field. Sutton, Berry(Great guy) and Nelson all have to go. We need to look for upgrades at MLB, CB and SS.

Best22
01-21-2019, 07:23 AM
It is absolutely amazing that the game was as close as it was. Numbers wise it was a huge ass kicking.

The redzone interception took away atleast 3 from NE
The 4th and 1 stop took away another 3
Our offense benefited from a rare tipped ball interception off of Edelman
That was a 13 point turnaround based off Patriot mistakes

New England only benefited from Mahomes overthrow to Williams

kcpasco
01-21-2019, 07:23 AM
3rd and long has been a plague on this defense for years now. Even in games where they are getting pressure on qb’s this D still gives up big plays.

Rams Patriotsx2 Seattle. Clark should personally escort grandpa Bob out of the building if Andy won’t.

FringeNC
01-21-2019, 07:24 AM

Exactly right. The last two games the Pats look unbeatable but we did almost steal it. Sure we could have won at the end but it was the domination in the first half where the Pats really won the game.

notorious
01-21-2019, 07:26 AM
Cut him.

You can’t be that stupid on 4th down and still have a roster spot. Let somebody else pay for that ****ing brokedick idiot.

HemiEd
01-21-2019, 07:30 AM

*Berry's dropped INT.
The time out lost on the challenge would have been nice to have
The roughing the passer call on Chris Jones

This is one game where I thought Andy was wrong deffering until the second half after winning the coin toss. He has a young QB and should have given him the ball instead having hi sit on the sidelines watching Brady.

Did he not even watch the Pats/charger game? Bellichick won the toss and took the ball and did the same thing.

Chiefnj2
01-21-2019, 07:31 AM
Belichick is amazing. He came up with a game plant that took away Hill, Kelce, the run and pressured Mahomes non-stop. And, his players executed it.

HemiEd
01-21-2019, 07:33 AM
Belichick is amazing. He came up with a game plant that took away Hill, Kelce, the run and pressured Mahomes non-stop. And, his players executed it.

Yep, and they don't beat themselves..

Chiefnj2
01-21-2019, 07:36 AM

If you read Peter King this morning, the Pats installed 9 new plays the morning of the game that they walked through in the ballroom of the hotel. I think they ran 5 of them for positive yardage including a 3rd down conversion to Gronk in OT.

KC fans keep complaining about "difficult systems" for the players to learn, yet the Pats can put 9 new plays in at 11:00 a.m. on game day and execute them. Maybe we just need smarter players who are held accountable during the year.

DRM08
01-21-2019, 07:38 AM

They had 2 pretty bad turnovers that gave the Chiefs a 14 point swing. Cost the Patriots a blowout victory and damn near cost them the game overall.

UK_Chief
01-21-2019, 09:14 AM
i Was thinking about this earlier (obviously still processing the loss) and thought what a similar mistake would be for other players. To me it isn’t the same as an under thrown pass or a dropped ball type mistake. The best I could come up with is a last second field goal chip shot or extra point that a kicker just flat out misses. If Butker has missed a chip shot to win the game in the last second would we be blaming him? Hell yes I would! If he missed one in the first quarter ok there’s time to get that back but not with the game right on the line...

FanOfRED
01-21-2019, 09:57 AM
I find it funny that we are arguing about one shitty play here, one shitty play there or a bad call again was the reason they lost. I coach a measly little league baseball team. But I know a loss is almost guaranteed when the team as a whole does not play up to their true potential
The way I saw it was like this. The offense was not firing on all cylinders. The outcome is not positive with our D. From bad throws, to bad drops in the bread basket, to horrid QB protection, to pansy ass play calling. We didn't even break 50 fucking yards TOTAL in the first half against the damn patriots D. I'm not even going to mention in detail what our D allowed.
1. The final drive with 11 seconds left. Reid clammed up like usual and relied on a 50/50 coin flip and in turn our D. I think he should have gone for one, maybe two big play attempts instead of relying on chance. Some would have bitched about not kicking the field goal and going into OT. Those idiots probably weren't paying attention to the last drive by the patriots. I'd say do or die with our offense.

2. Fire Sutton. He was almost as bad as the chargers DC. Playing man gave pressure. Zone, gave Brady those quick pass options. Eating the clock.

3. The NFL really needs to change the overtime rule. Not being able to answer if the other team scores a TD is down right criminal. Those that voted for it should be lined up and shot with a football out of a potato launcher to the throat at 100 mph.