PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We shouldn't be surprised really.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2019, 09:05 AM
This really sucks, but this has happened repeatedly through nfl history. Teams with an amazing offense and sub par defense do not win the big game. If your killer offense falters just a little, youre in big trouble.

I felt like Mahomes played pretty badly last night, despite his final numbers. Missing a wide open Williams for a TD, then taking a 14 yard sack to remove a shot at 3 points.

His throws were wild, and high on several occasions, and more than once I was screaming at my screen WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING PATRICK?!? When we scored 0 in the first half, it was always there that without a miracle, we werent winning the game.

Reid did nothing to help the defense by burning that timeout in the first half, when the Pats seemed fine with just 7 points. He essentially stabbed Bob Sutton in the balls with an icepick, and gifted the Pats another 7 points. Another indictment on Reids ability to assess a situation and properly use or not use time outs.

The hardest part of all, is that the chiefs did get the miracle. Tom Bradys THIRD interception of the night with 45 seconds left. Only to have it snatched away because Dee Ford couldn't handle the complexity of lining up correctly.

In typical, crushing fashion, we go on to lose the game after losing the toss.

The pats did nothing special. Edelman and Gronk were the go to guys, and they pretty much were wide open on every crucial down.

Pat never saw the field in OT, as Bobs bend and eventually break scheme was running on all cylinders.

People will blame Dee Ford for the loss, and I get it. But Andy really shit his pants in this game. It never should have came down to that, but Andy refuses to hold the ball, drain the clock and leave the opponent no time left.

I get score when you can, but you have to know the situation. You simply cannot leave time on the clock for Tom Brady if you do not have a great defense.

Defense must be addressed, at this point itscall we can do. Reid isnt going to suddenly git gud at situational football. Pat by himself isnt enough to win in spite of Reid's dumbassery.

It sucks that they lost, but knowing that we have Mahomes, and that he's going to get better, it makes it much easier to take.

Trim the fat this offseason.

PAChiefsGuy
01-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Mahomes overthrow brought back memories of Alex Smith's overthrow in that Colts-Chiefs playoff game that was again on a wheel route. Unbelievable

kcpasco
01-21-2019, 09:14 AM
I think we did have the ball inside the 20 with still 11 seconds on the clock. If you can’t trust your MVP Qb to not do something monumentally dumb like take a sack or not put the ball in the end zone than you deserve to lose a coin flip. 11 seconds was plenty of time to get 1 more look into the end zone and still kick a FG if nothing was there.

Why Not?
01-21-2019, 09:21 AM
I think we did have the ball inside the 20 with still 11 seconds on the clock. If you can’t trust your MVP Qb to not do something monumentally dumb like take a sack or not put the ball in the end zone than you deserve to lose a coin flip. 11 seconds was plenty of time to get 1 more look into the end zone and still kick a FG if nothing was there.

Unlike our coaches, the Pats staff had the end zone totally blanketed. There wasn’t going to be an opening there.

FAX
01-21-2019, 09:22 AM
Regarding the pass to Williams that fell harmlessly into the EZ ...

I haven't rewatched the game yet, but at the time, it appeared to me that Williams slowed down midway through his route then sped back up when he realized the ball was in the air. Mahomes overthrew in the first half (as usual), but he usually doesn't miss by that much.

In other news, it appeared that our o-line was beaten badly in that game. I'm not sure if it was the protection calls or simply getting ass-whupped, but it was bad.

FAX

YouWereWarned76
01-21-2019, 09:31 AM
No, you shouldn't be surprised. You people were warned and then kept banning fans that broke no board rules.

kcpasco
01-21-2019, 09:41 AM
Unlike our coaches, the Pats staff had the end zone totally blanketed. There wasn’t going to be an opening there.

Maybe you get a PI or a Patriot defender screws up. My point is with 11 seconds you still had 1 shot left to try and win rather than pin your hopes on a coin flip. As soon as the Chiefs lost that coin flip that game was over.

bevischief
01-21-2019, 09:43 AM
Still NOT BUYING ANYTHING FULL PRICE. CHUNT.

3rd&Long
01-21-2019, 09:47 AM
Another big game loss for the Chiefs? What else is new? No surprise as this franchise continually finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for the past half century. On a side note, I thought Tony Romo's analysis was amazing, calling out plays and where the ball should go before the snap several times and he was always right. If the Chiefs had someone half that bright on the field or the coaching staff the outcome very well could have been different.

I've seen enough of this ineptness. Not that it matters to anyone reading this, but I'm moving on and doing other things on Sunday afternoons in the fall of 2019 other than waiting for another knee in the nuts from this franchise. Those of you continuing , I do wish you well.

YouWereWarned76
01-21-2019, 09:49 AM
Regarding the pass to Williams that fell harmlessly into the EZ ...

I haven't rewatched the game yet, but at the time, it appeared to me that Williams slowed down midway through his route then sped back up when he realized the ball was in the air. Mahomes overthrew in the first half (as usual), but he usually doesn't miss by that much.

In other news, it appeared that our o-line was beaten badly in that game. I'm not sure if it was the protection calls or simply getting ass-whupped, but it was bad.

FAX

You people disrespected and under-appreciated the Pats ability to win this game all week, talking about Kelce, Hill, fantasy stats, etc.

You were warned that this was not the Chargers, Ravens, Texans, etc.

Now, you'll pay the consequences as a fan.

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2019, 09:50 AM
I guess I don't get the pessimism.

We made the AFC championship game and did better than most AFC teams knocking out a team that's been steamrolling playoff teams for a decade. And by all accounts... we should have won. We did it in ways that are totally off script for Chiefs fans.

We lost by a coin flip. We know we have a franchise QB who's not only great but a playoff gamer. He also showed us that he's got some things to work on which can help him improve from a 31 pt performance which is pretty insane.

I'm pissed, defeated, everything in between. But let's not set the mopy narrative that this is the same old Chiefs. This was one hell of a season.

swifty32661
01-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Kindly go fuck yourself. I don't recall anyone thinking the Pats couldn't win this game. Fuck, it's the Chiefs. We pretty much expect them to lose in the big games at this point.

You people disrespected and under-appreciated the Pats ability to win this game all week, talking about Kelce, Hill, fantasy stats, etc.

LOLOL
where is that hammock parties douche?

every time he runs his dicksucker the chiefs lose

YouWereWarned76

We made the AFC championship game and did better than most AFC teams knocking out a team that's been steamrolling playoff teams for a decade. And by all accounts... we should have won. We did it in ways that are totally off script for Chiefs fans.

We lost by a coin flip. We know we have a franchise QB who's not only great but a playoff gamer. He also showed us that he's got some things to work on which can help him improve from a 31 pt performance which is pretty insane.

I'm pissed, defeated, everything in between. But let's not set the mopy narrative that this is the same old Chiefs. This was one hell of a season.

No.

You were dismantled and got a free TD off a phantom PI call.

The refs did everything possible to try to hand you that game and then a bozo the clown low IQ moron named Dee Ford did what he did.

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Another big game loss for the Chiefs? What else is new? No surprise as this franchise continually finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for the past half century. On a side note, I thought Tony Romo's analysis was amazing, calling out plays and where the ball should go before the snap several times and he was always right. If the Chiefs had someone half that bright on the field or the coaching staff the outcome very well could have been different.

I've seen enough of this ineptness. Not that it matters to anyone reading this, but I'm moving on and doing other things on Sunday afternoons in the fall of 2019 other than waiting for another knee in the nuts from this franchise. Those of you continuing , I do wish you well.

Yikes, I hope you'll rethink this. We've been waiting decades for a QB that looks the part. And you're bailing when we were inches away from a Super Bowl? Not a lost season. We went further than we've ever gone. We finally secured the #1 seed, we finally beat Pittsburgh, we finally beat Indy in the playoffs, we finally won a home playoff game, we finally made the AFC Conference game. We lost a close one to a really good team behind a young QB who's only going to get a lot better, behind a team we all realistically thought was a year or 2 away.

FAX
01-21-2019, 10:06 AM
LOL ... so many dumbasses. So little time.

FAX

kcclone
01-21-2019, 10:39 AM
I agree with the OP's sentiment that you WILL NEED to play D to win a Super Bowl. You will need to have an OL that controls the LOS to win the SB.

I hope Andy Reid gets that. I'm not sure he does. I'll lose my mind if we draft 2 WR's in the top 3 picks or some crazy sh*t like that.

You have to:

1. Fire Sutton. You at least have to try to improve the scheme.
2. Draft D and OL heavy in the next 3 drafts
3. Plan for the day when we don't have a record setting offense, because that day is coming (contracts $$$$)
4. Work on the short passing game because at some point, you're gonna face a D that can limit the long ball and rush the passer. It's impossible to defend a smart, accurate passer who can get the ball out in 1-1.5 seconds.

DwB49
01-21-2019, 10:59 AM
I know it won't make anyone feel better, but the fact is that a rookie QB has never taken a team to the SB and never will,period! Although MArino came close in '84, and sure that 'MA' is just a coincidence...maybe?
But I really think their 'D' left a lot out on the field against the Colts, which they actually matched up well against. I've always said that all a coach has to do is copy exactly what the Giants did to them in BOTH SB's...but guess no one is interested in actually doing something that makes sense and maybe even beating those guys?!?

scho63
01-21-2019, 11:13 AM
On a side note, I thought Tony Romo's analysis was amazing, calling out plays and where the ball should go before the snap several times and he was always right. If the Chiefs had someone half that bright on the field or the coaching staff the outcome very well could have been different.

:clap:

Tony Romo has turned into my favorite guy in the booth, just exceptional. Really knows what goes on and doesn't bloviate like Jon Gruden or Cris Collinsworth does.

Now about his former teammate Jason Whitten.......:Lin:

Sandy Vagina
01-21-2019, 11:16 AM

I need to read no further. This is where it's at, and until the Chiefs replace Bob Sutton, it will continue to be.

Sandy Vagina
01-21-2019, 11:18 AM
I know it won't make anyone feel better, but the fact is that a rookie QB has never taken a team to the SB and never will,period!

are u somehow unaware that Mahomes is.. not a rookie? :hmmm:

vailpass
01-21-2019, 11:21 AM

LMAO
This one here is a BAD mothafucka.