PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another Eric Berry Thread

dlphg9
01-21-2019, 01:47 PM
EB should have never been in that game. Im not entirely sure how many plays he was in there and Lucas wasn't, but Berry was absolutely terrible. He was completely owned by a slow broken Gronk.

The biggest play that sticks out to me was Berry being lined up against Gronk and I believe it was the Pats final drive or maybe one of the 3rd and 10s in OT. Berry allows Gronk to run a post or dig route (I'm not too knowledgeble on different routes played O-line and D-line lol) because he was trying to take away the deep ball and allows Brady to throw for an easy 1st down. So Berry was afraid Gronk was going to burn him down the field? Why was Lucas not on Gronk? Berry is no longer an all pro player hell he isnt even average. Hes pretty fucking terrible if he cant even keep up with slow ass Gronk.

TEX
01-21-2019, 01:58 PM
Yep. I was concerned about wrecking any type of chemistry on the back end with E.B. Figured he missed too much to be counted on for any significant amount of plays. But the old E.B., even at 75%, would be better than anything else KC could trot out on the field. However, it was obvious that this version of EB is anything but the old version, and looked just plain old. What transpired was a broke dick former All Pro Safety got owned by a broken down former All Pro TE, whenever it mattered. It was money in the bank, and New England knew it.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2019, 02:00 PM
He dropped a potential INT too didn’t he?

In58men
01-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Gronk destroyed him.

TEX
01-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Gronk destroyed him.

Sure did. Weren't you one of the ones proclaiming how much of a difference he would make? Well, he sure did, in the worst way.

The Franchise
01-21-2019, 02:05 PM
He dropped a potential INT too didn’t he?

Gronk destroyed him.

Yes to both.

DinoHackett
01-21-2019, 02:06 PM
I would agree with this 100%!!!

Deberg_1990
01-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Gronk destroyed him.

I don’t know how you stop that guy?

Just a complete physical mismatch against any secondary player. Has great hands and concentration too

The Franchise
01-21-2019, 02:08 PM

Just a complete physical mismatch against any secondary player. Has great hands and concentration too

People obviously figured it out because outside of 3 or 4 games this season...he hadn’t done shit.

TEX
01-21-2019, 02:12 PM

The old Berry found a way. He did it on the night he blew out his achilles. This version had no chance.

Otter
01-21-2019, 02:13 PM
That selfish cunt should have stayed on the sidelines instead of popping in during the biggest game of the season and taking over a spot he hasn't played for 2 years thus screwing up what chemistry the team had.

He cannot be not be part of this team soon enough. Money be dammed.

This guy is as close to a psycho girlfriend you can get.

GO THE FUCK AWAY ERIC!!!

Bugeater
01-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Another monumentally stupid decision by Reid.

Ken Bone
01-21-2019, 02:15 PM
The Chiefs are now 0-3 in games EB played in this year. He’s proven to be more of a distraction than a weapon and the defense doesn’t play as well when he’s on the field. Not only did Gronk beat EB several times, EB strip searched Gronk the entire game and got away with it. If EB just gets his head around on that last pass to Gronk it’s an INT and game over.

I’m still in shock of how that game went it’s like everyone discounted that we’d be playing Brady, he’s the luckiest MF on the face of the earth and he proves it nearly every year. I waited 25 years for yesterday, who knows if or when we’ll be there again.

Otter
01-21-2019, 02:18 PM

Reid allowed this monumentally stupid decision. I failed to mention that. Good point.

Skyy God
01-21-2019, 02:18 PM

This.

Why disrupt a D’s chemistry by inserting a clearly out of football shape, overpaid hobo into the lineup.

I wonder if Andy was just too loyal to Berry or if CHunt told him to play his inspirational ticket seller.

TEX
01-21-2019, 02:20 PM
That selfish **** should have stayed on the sidelines instead of popping in during the biggest game of the season and taking over a spot he hasn't played for 2 years thus screwing up what chemistry the team had.

He cannot be not be part of this team soon enough. Money be dammed.

This guy is as close to a psycho girlfriend you can get.

GO THE **** AWAY ERIC!!!

ROFL

FringeNC
01-21-2019, 02:21 PM
If EB just gets his head around on that last pass to Gronk it’s an INT and game over.

Yep. That pass to Gronk wasn't a great throw or a great catch -- it was bad D and good luck.

BossChief
01-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Andy Reid brought up Eric Berry in the post game PC as one of the positives as he will be back next year.

They need to June 1st that old man and spend the savings (9.5m) on someone that can make a difference.

Bugeater
01-21-2019, 02:27 PM
This.

Why disrupt a D’s chemistry by inserting a clearly out of football shape, overpaid hobo into the lineup.

I wonder if Andy was just too loyal to Berry or if CHunt told him to play his inspirational ticket seller.Two words come to my mind: Player's coach.

TEX
01-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Andy Reid brought up Eric Berry in the post game PC as one of the positives as he will be back next year.

They need to June 1st that old man and spend the savings (9.5m) on someone that can make a difference.

I totally agree, but is it really THAT much of a cap savings for next season?

BossChief
01-21-2019, 02:30 PM
I totally agree, but is it really THAT much of a cap savings for next season?

Yes.

milkshock
01-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Disgusting that he strung us all along for the season, and then appeared in the title game only because his ego demanded it

FloridaMan88
01-21-2019, 02:36 PM

They better get assurances from their medical staff that Berry will make a 100% recovery from the surgery to repair the Haglund situation and that he’ll be fully ready for training camp.

And no more “Eric Berry doesn’t need training camp, regular season games, as long as he is available for the playoffs” bullshit. That strategy failed miserably yesterday.

smithandrew051
01-21-2019, 02:38 PM
People talk about scheme, Sutton, tackling, etc.

Without question, the single biggest issue with the defense is that far too much cap space is tied up in players that are either unavailable or unproductive (or both).

Houston, Berry, Hitchens, and Bailey. Houston is an average player anymore (when you account for production vs availability). The rest are well below average.

Having this much cap space tied up in these guys is such a waste. It’s an immediate disadvantage before we’ve played a snap of any game.

Iowanian
01-21-2019, 02:39 PM
I don't see how he wasn't just told to get it fixed and put on IR early in the season. This was such a shit show from preseason until last night.

Bugeater
01-21-2019, 02:44 PM
I don't see how he wasn't just told to get it fixed and put on IR early in the season. This was such a shit show from preseason until last night.Can't force a player to have surgery.

Skyy God
01-21-2019, 02:47 PM
I don't see how he wasn't just told to get it fixed and put on IR early in the season. This was such a shit show from preseason until last night.

The Chiefs-Berry divorce will be long and acrimonious.

Iowanian
01-21-2019, 02:47 PM
Can't force a player to have surgery.

I guess in that case, I judge the player and his commitment to anything other than his bank account if he won't do whatever it takes to get on the field after the Chiefs and city bent over to support him in his time of need. The Chiefs have been MORE than fair to Berry and he responds with "no spirit".

Right or wrong, I'm ready to wish Berry well in his next life endeavor....somewhere else.

Skyy God
01-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Can't force a player to have surgery.

No, but I wonder if refusing to have surgery voids an injury guarantee.

Guess we’ll find out!

Iowanian
01-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Ultimately....I think the fans are owed the TRUTH about this situation all year.

Day to day my ass and everyone involved had to know better.

TEX
01-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Yes.

Wow! How so? By doing it after June 1 and spreading the cap hit out over a couple of seasons instead of taking it all next season? Please explain.

I seriously need an education on this issue. I hear people all the time say it will be too expensive to cut him etc. I just take it for granted that they know what they're talking about. Would love to be able to offer a reasonable alternative as to how it could be done and not be all THAT devastating.

TEX
01-21-2019, 02:53 PM
Ultimately....I think the fans are owed the TRUTH about this situation all year.

Yes. Thou SHALL NOT LIE! - Or you may get kicked off the team...

FringeNC
01-21-2019, 03:12 PM
Eric Berry could be cut post 6-1 with some modest cap savings. Now Justin Houston's cap number is huge with not that much dead money left. No way we keep him at his current number. Allen Bailey is a free agent. I think there might be major changers on the D.

Skyy God
01-21-2019, 03:14 PM

The Dorsey firing should tell you our owner is 0% transparent about his shortcomings.

TEX
01-21-2019, 04:05 PM
Eric Berry could be cut post 6-1 with some modest cap savings. Now Justin Houston's cap number is huge with not that much dead money left. No way we keep him at his current number. Allen Bailey is a free agent. I think there might be major changers on the D.

Fine with just about everyone, I'd imagine.

dlphg9
01-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Still pisses me off. Without Berry in there I am 99% sure we win this game.

threebag
01-22-2019, 02:01 PM

Not a fan of the Berry-Go-Round?

threebag
01-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Still pisses me off. Without Berry in there I am 99% sure we win this game.

Yeah, while it hasn’t hit Larry Johnson level of “get the **** off my team” we are venturing down that path.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 04:13 PM
I said this in another thread:

There was no reason under God to start this guy. None. The defense had finally begun to turn the corner and at the right time, things were flowing.

And then Reid goes and pulls his best Marty/Grbac move before the most important game of the season? Fuck that.

It's sad that EB has gone from being the most respected player in the last 10 or so years, to a guy that anyone with a head on their shoulders KNOWS needs to be gone. Out of the building. Goodbye.

It's really infuriating when fans can see clearly what these coaches and others, who are PAID to be on top of this kind of shit, can not. How does this kind of shit even happen? And in Berry's case, what exactly do they think they're going to gain from this guy just hanging around the facility and performing pep talks? As a coach, isn't it your obligation to put your team in the best possible position to succeed?

And if they have any future plans for EB, why isn't he on his way to the operating table yesterday? This is complete bullshit and I just want it to end. To be over. Thank you EB, and goodbye.