PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What Defensive Coordinator currently would best suit the current Chiefs roster?

Superbowltrashcan
01-21-2019, 07:01 PM
I admit I am way behind most on having a full understanding of the principles of a successful defense in the current NFL. That being said what current NFL Defensive Coordinator would best utilize, teach, and motivate the Chiefs current roster? I figure this would help someone like myself be better able to understand even better what a fixed defense could possibly look like albeit not actually coached by that individual. I’m asking about current DCs since the league seems to have changed so rapidly as it relates to rules meant to increase offense and safety. Thanks ahead of time...

TribalElder
01-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Aren't they just going to get bob sutton a new assistant

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2019, 07:05 PM
The problem is this late in the game, a lot of staffs are settled and the best candidates scooped up. I have a feeling Reid won't want to blow his staff up. So a DC who's cool with keeping a lot of what he's given. I'd bet it's internal (Mike Smith) or it's spags.

smithandrew051
01-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Hard to say. The defense needs major changes, so you can’t really predict what the roster will look like next year. We have way too much money tied up in unproductive players.

We need to:

1. Fire Sutton and find a replacement
2. Cut the fat and create more cap space
3. Be aggressive and smart in finding quality players in FA (overpaying guys like Hitchens is not the right way)
4. Hit on 3-4 draft picks

Prison Bitch
01-21-2019, 07:08 PM
Someone who can teach dee Ford how to line up

Superbowltrashcan
01-21-2019, 07:10 PM
The problem is this late in the game, a lot of staffs are settled and the best candidates scooped up. I have a feeling Reid won't want to blow his staff up. So a DC who's cool with keeping a lot of what he's given. I'd bet it's internal (Mike Smith) or it's spags.

Yeah I guess I worded my question wrong. I meant something like would the scheme and temperament of someone like Wade Phillips be best or does what they do elsewhere better suit the Chiefs roster. Never am I thinking it would happen they would come here. Just wondering what it could look like...

SAUTO
01-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Wade Phillips i think if I could choose anyone doing it now.

He's always good to great for a couple years. Enough to win a super bowl with this team