PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rewatch: The Hogan No-Catch

ChiefRocka
01-22-2019, 02:40 PM
There is no way that was a controlled catch. Ball was moving before he hit the ground, ball moved when it hit the ground and worst of all he needed his other hand to finally secure it when he rolled over. I didn’t realize how bad of a call it was at the game. That would have been 4th and a punt. Refs are ****ing over this league, but its how the outsiders control the game right?!?

In58men
01-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Let it go man!!!

We just fired Sutton!!

Mahomer
01-22-2019, 02:44 PM
Ya OP. Apparently, there wasn't conclusive evidence to overturn that yet there was conclusive evidence to overturn the Edelman fumble punt......LOL.

This is why when facing the Pats in the playoffs you need to be the team that gets the big lead or the Refs will fck every other team over in favor of the filthy, filthy Cheatriots.

highBOLTage
01-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Hogan's was overturned correctly. Edelman's stood also correctly.

TEX
01-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Ya OP. Apparently, there wasn't conclusive evidence to overturn that yet there was conclusive evidence to overturn the Edelman fumble punt......LOL.

This is why when facing the Pats in the playoffs you need to be the team that gets the big lead or the Refs will fck every other team over in favor of the filthy, filthy Cheatriots.

So true. When that "catch" happened, I thought if they had enough evidence to overturn the Edleman fumble punt, then they ought to overturn this catch too. Nope.

A classic example of what's wrong with the NFL - there is no consistency in calls, and /or the logic that defines them, even in the same game with the same crew.

There is absolutely no chance that consistency can be found from week to week with different crews in different games.

TEX
01-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Hogan's was overturned correctly. Edelman's stood also correctly.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Johnny Vegas
01-22-2019, 02:57 PM
Edleman never touched the ball. Change my mind

highBOLTage
01-22-2019, 03:07 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Man, some of you. 40% in the other thread thought the ball hit Edelman on the muff when the broadcast showed 3 angles that you could eliminate at least some part touching in each of them and all his arms cumulatively. Then, the Brady roughing on third down except it was second. Now this, where you guys don't even know who was involved in the play your whining about. You guys intend to complain about Edelman, not Hogan. Hogan's was overturned.
This game was pretty well officiated. One egregious call for each (Brady roughing and Conley no call on OPI). They got all the replays right according to the rules.

Mahomer
01-22-2019, 03:08 PM

That's not the point. The point is that they needed conclusive evidence that he never touched the ball.

Yet, the very fact that you are posing this challenge proves that you believe many, many ppl feel the opposite as you do which should also prove there wasn't any conclusive side either way for the refs to overturn that call.

I rest my case, your honor.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2019, 03:19 PM
Man, some of you. 40% in the other thread thought the ball hit Edelman on the muff when the broadcast showed 3 angles that you could eliminate at least some part touching in each of them and all his arms cumulatively. Then, the Brady roughing on third down except it was second. Now this, where you guys don't even know who was involved in the play your whining about. You guys intend to complain about Edelman, not Hogan. Hogan's was overturned.
This game was pretty well officiated. One egregious call for each (Brady roughing and Conley no call on OPI). They got all the replays right according to the rules.

Boy...you're an idiot.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/video/cant-miss-play-hogan-hauls-in-spectacular-diving-catch-on-third-down/uzon7hqmoh6i13vj76mvzc1tx

The play stood as called. And don't get me wrong - I'd have upheld it, but you still have clearly no damn clue what you're talking about because it is absolutely the Hogan play that's being referenced here and it was most assuredly not overturned.

Be right next time, then indignant.

O.city
01-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Chris Hogan makes a one handed catch of his life in the AFC champ game. Because of course he does.

Fuck me, they've absolutely got a horseshoe shoved somewhere.

highBOLTage
01-22-2019, 03:30 PM
Boy...you're an idiot.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/video/cant-miss-play-hogan-hauls-in-spectacular-diving-catch-on-third-down/uzon7hqmoh6i13vj76mvzc1tx

The play stood as called. And don't get me wrong - I'd have upheld it, but you still have clearly no damn clue what you're talking about because it is absolutely the Hogan play that's being referenced here and it was most assuredly not overturned.

Be right next time, then indignant.

Ok, my bad. For some reason, my memory of that was it was Edelman. The next Hogan play a few minutes later was overturned when the Pats called the TO. Regardless of that, they got them right.

Johnny Vegas
01-22-2019, 07:43 PM
That's not the point. The point is that they needed conclusive evidence that he never touched the ball.

Yet, the very fact that you are posing this challenge proves that you believe many, many ppl feel the opposite as you do which should also prove there wasn't any conclusive side either way for the refs to overturn that call.

I rest my case, your honor.

Every replay I saw I was hoping a helmet/arm would pop in to obscure the angle to give the verdict that it was inconclusive to overturn. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. Tough break but out of our control.

kcxiv
01-22-2019, 07:46 PM
ITS OVER. Let it go! nothing anyone can do!

MahiMike
01-22-2019, 07:46 PM

His glove clearly moves from the ball. Moot point anyway but wasn't enough evidence to overturn.

kccrow
01-22-2019, 07:48 PM
He never controlled the ball at any point during that supposed "catch." It was moving in his arms the entire way. There is CRYSTAL CLEAR evidence that it was moving throughout the process. They have been calling this exact thing incomplete ever since the fuck over that Megatron got. Now that it's the Patriots, it must be right? Get the fuck out of here.

Titty Meat
01-22-2019, 08:13 PM
Chris Hogan makes a one handed catch of his life in the AFC champ game. Because of course he does.

**** me, they've absolutely got a horseshoe shoved somewhere.

Or if Nelson turns his head just for 1 fucking second Hogan doesnt get the TD. Oh well credit to BB that was a HOF coaching effort.

O.city
01-22-2019, 08:17 PM
Or if Nelson turns his head just for 1 ****ing second Hogan doesnt get the TD. Oh well credit to BB that was a HOF coaching effort.

Dorsett?

Yes thought you’re right

Don’t think we’ll have to watch Nelson as a chief again

Titty Meat
01-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Dorsett?

Yes thought you’re right

Don’t think we’ll have to watch Nelson as a chief again

Damn you're right it was Dorsett my bad. I seem to remember Hogan winning against Nelson too though.

GloucesterChief
01-22-2019, 08:23 PM
If the ball touches the turf it shouldn't be a catch period. None of this control nonsense, if you can't control the ball so it doesn't hit the turf then you didn't control it enough for it to be a catch.

jimidollar
01-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Anyone remember that TD catch Hunt made last that got ruled incomplete? That was more of a catch than Hogan's.

Buehler445
01-22-2019, 09:32 PM
There is no way that was a controlled catch. Ball was moving before he hit the ground, ball moved when it hit the ground and worst of all he needed his other hand to finally secure it when he rolled over. I didn’t realize how bad of a call it was at the game. That would have been 4th and a punt. Refs are ****ing over this league, but its how the outsiders control the game right?!?

He never controlled the ball at any point during that supposed "catch." It was moving in his arms the entire way. There is CRYSTAL CLEAR evidence that it was moving throughout the process. They have been calling this exact thing incomplete ever since the fuck over that Megatron got. Now that it's the Patriots, it must be right? Get the fuck out of here.

Yeah, we were all celebrating when they were showing the replay on the board, there is no fucking way they call that a catch, right?

That - specifically is when my voice went to shit.

Rawlsian
01-22-2019, 11:08 PM
But they overturned the catch that hogan dropped on the left sideline.

Also, we got away with a personal foul that hitchens delivered on edelman during the INT play

Don't let this one play define the game for you

Bob Dole
01-22-2019, 11:23 PM
But they overturned the catch that hogan dropped on the left sideline.

Also, we got away with a personal foul that hitchens delivered on edelman during the INT play

Don't let this one play define the game for you

I just hope Tom can play next week after that terrible roughing.

GloryDayz
01-22-2019, 11:36 PM
I think the NFL really loves all this drama and anger. That's why they make the rules so malleable and interpretable, it gives the officials the wiggle room they need to manipulate outcomes and fuels this WWE-style anger.

GloryDayz
01-22-2019, 11:38 PM
I just hope Tom can play next week after that terrible roughing.

I hope the official who made that call suffers a long and painful death, that starts in his dick.

crayzkirk
01-23-2019, 01:21 AM
If there is one thing we all agree on, it's that the rules are too subjective. The ground can't cause a fumble (which I think is garbage) yet doesn't count during the process of a catch. How about, if in the process of making a catch, the ball touches the ground AT ALL, it's incomplete?

RaidersOftheCellar
01-23-2019, 02:22 AM
Yes, this was bullshit. Roughing the passer was even bigger shit. Not issuing a warning for Ford was bullshit. Chiefs likely win if any of these are reversed.

Hell, even the 1 or 2 late calls against NE ended up benefiting them, as they forced the Chiefs to score quickly and allowed NE to get the ball back with plenty of clock.

jd1020
01-23-2019, 07:28 AM
Not issuing a warning to Ford? The guy was lined up a fucking half yard beyond the neutral zone. How on earth are you going to get mad at the refs for that?

staylor26
01-23-2019, 07:36 AM
Not issuing a warning to Ford? The guy was lined up a fucking half yard beyond the neutral zone. How on earth are you going to get mad at the refs for that?

The refs aren’t to “blame”, but the truth is it’s very common for the refs to give a warning when you’re lined up offsides. Reid said it himself.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 07:36 AM
Not issuing a warning to Ford? The guy was lined up a ****ing half yard beyond the neutral zone. How on earth are you going to get mad at the refs for that?

Because he was doing it the whole fucking game.

They sure picked a HELL of a time to start enforcing that rule, off the sudden, right then and there.

jd1020
01-23-2019, 07:43 AM
The flag was thrown immediately so it's not like they waited for the INT and then went back and flag him and if he was doing it all game then it was likely he was already warned and hes an even bigger dumbass than I could have imagined.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 07:45 AM
The flag was thrown immediately so it's not like they waited for the INT and then went back and flag him and if he was doing it all game then it was likely he was already warned and hes an even bigger dumbass than I could have imagined.
'Likely' warned?

Maybe. But we don't know that.

They may have thrown the immediate flag for illegal formation, tackle lined up too far back, then decided to call it on Ford.

I thought it was an illegal formation flag at the time, seemed more obvious, but...

jd1020
01-23-2019, 07:47 AM
The refs aren’t to “blame”, but the truth is it’s very common for the refs to give a warning when you’re lined up offsides. Reid said it himself.

Probably more common that players can lineup in the correct spot. Hes not even on offense where he has to worry about covering someone on the line. All he has to worry about is being on his side of the ball and thats apparently too hard to do.

Rawlsian
01-23-2019, 09:18 AM
I'm just glad the chiefs haven't gone full Sean Payton and complained to the league like a spoiled child. Reality is, refs are there to make subjective interpretations on what they see. otherwise, it would be a game enforced by cameras and the people watching them from new york who can interpret them in slow motion. That essentially would slow down the pace of the game. Depends on what you want. imagine a league without ed hochuli and his biceps. ha.

Randallflagg
01-23-2019, 09:24 AM
I'm just glad the chiefs haven't gone full Sean Payton and complained to the league like a spoiled child. Reality is, refs are there to make subjective interpretations on what they see. otherwise, it would be a game enforced by cameras and the people watching them from new york who can interpret them in slow motion. That essentially would slow down the pace of the game. Depends on what you want. imagine a league without ed hochuli and his biceps. ha.

So those 5 minute conferences between the zebras - where the network breaks for a commercial and comes back and they are STILL jawing with one another?

You mean THAT slow?

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 10:39 AM
So those 5 minute conferences between the zebras - where the network breaks for a commercial and comes back and they are STILL jawing with one another?

You mean THAT slow?

ROFL you mean when Clete Blackman is talking into the headset while reviewing the play over and over again after that break?

Rawlsian
01-23-2019, 11:08 PM
Not issuing a warning to Ford? The guy was lined up a ****ing half yard beyond the neutral zone. How on earth are you going to get mad at the refs for that?

The rulebook suggests players lining up in the neutral zone should be warned by the refs before the flag gets thrown. Dumb they allowed that play to dictate the outcome of the game.

Rawlsian
01-23-2019, 11:11 PM

You mean THAT slow?

Imagine if we had to stop to review every penalty i.e. potential pass interference. We have enough stoppage of play already to review turnovers, coaches challenges, scoring plays, etc...at least those are consistently important plays that need to be reviewed