PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thank you Romo!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-22-2019, 03:00 PM
I feel like Romo had a small part of getting Sutton fired. When your broadcaster is calling out plays and the DC doesn’t see it then there is need for concern. Thank you once again Tony!

God of Thunder
01-22-2019, 03:04 PM
#TonyRomoForChiefsDC

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-22-2019, 03:06 PM
For those of us who watched the game at a bar, what were some of the Romoisms?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-22-2019, 03:08 PM

Just rewatch the final 2 mins and overtime. On fourth and inches with 30 seconds left Sutton thought we were running a qb sneak. Romo said if they motion the guy it’s a run to the right and boom what do you know a run to the right for a td

Chris Meck
01-22-2019, 03:09 PM
you guys crack me up.

God of Thunder
01-22-2019, 03:09 PM

If you're referring to some comments he made during the broadcast that you didn't see (either by working or being there), then I HIGHLY suggest you watch some of it, especially the last few minutes. Romo was CLINICAL in calling every play NE was going to run. He'd even call out Brady changing the play and telling everyone what the new play was going to be.

JakeF
01-22-2019, 03:11 PM
Romo talked about his conversation with Tom Brady before the game about the crowd noise. Brady said they didn't need to worry about having a bunch of hand signals because our defense was so simple that they just had adjustments built into the plays.

Fish
01-22-2019, 03:14 PM
Good grief, guys. Enough about Tony Romo. He's not exactly Nostradamus predicting what the opposing offense is going to do against this D...

Bwana
01-22-2019, 05:58 PM
Don Merridith did the same thing. Would set in the booth and call the plays, Cosell couldn't figure out how he knew and Merridith would just say, "just lucky."

DrunkBassGuitar
01-22-2019, 06:04 PM
Good grief, guys. Enough about Tony Romo. He's not exactly Nostradamus predicting what the opposing offense is going to do against this D...

I liked Romo in the broadcast because he's so knowledgeable in his commentary, like you don't have many commentators that are giving a QB's perspective in the same way he is. I never played, so there's a ton of stuff that I miss, so I like it when he's broadcasting. But the calls to make him DC are pretty silly.

petegz28
01-22-2019, 06:15 PM
He did it last year during the Raiders game as well. He was drawing up exactly where he would go and Carr would go exactly where he said.....

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-22-2019, 08:00 PM
In the pre-game meetings with coaches and players they give them tons of information about formations/motions and what they would do in certain situations... Romo is a good broadcaster but some on here think he's clairvoyant...

displacedinMN
01-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Romo has been doing that with every game he does. I first noticed it with the Oak/KC screw job in Oak.

He was telling Oak what they should do and why. I was impressed.

tk13
01-22-2019, 08:07 PM
In the pre-game meetings with coaches and players the give them tons of information about formations/motions and what they would do in certain situations... Romo is a good broadcaster but some on here think hes clairvoyant...

A lot of good QBs could do that. Manning could do it, Brady obviously could. Brett Favre could. You watch any great QB talk about football and they obviously have complete control of the game because they have to know where everyone is on the field at all times.

bsroyals54
01-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Lot of people on here hate Romo for whatever reason, hes a great commentator with good energy, he loves the Chiefs and Mahomes. Bright, good guy

-King-
01-22-2019, 08:12 PM
What Romo is doing is impressive to fans but even Sutton could call out what the offense will probably do after the players have all lined up and the qb has made his checks

lewdog
01-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Romo is my favorite commentator. His knowledge is far superior to any commentator in recent memory.

Calls a great game and is not arrogant like I expected. Even throws in some self deprecating humor at times that's pretty good.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-22-2019, 08:13 PM
Romo talked about his conversation with Tom Brady before the game about the crowd noise. Brady said they didn't need to worry about having a bunch of hand signals because our defense was so simple that they just had adjustments built into the plays.

That's all that needed to be said right there and it proved right

-King-
01-22-2019, 08:20 PM

This.