PDA

View Full Version : Football Are you going to watch the Super Bowl?

Mama Hip Rockets
01-22-2019, 04:32 PM
Poll to come. Please check all that apply.

seclark
01-22-2019, 04:33 PM
no
sec

keg in kc
01-22-2019, 04:34 PM
Just the commercials. Same as always.

kcpasco
01-22-2019, 04:35 PM
As of now no. But I’ll probably turn it on and hope for an asteroid.

Beef Supreme
01-22-2019, 04:36 PM
I will probably be somewhere that has the game on, but I won't exactly be watching it.

St. Patty's Fire
01-22-2019, 04:38 PM
Nah man, sick of the Pats, and fully expect them to do what thy did to us to the Rams.

FlaChief58
01-22-2019, 04:40 PM
No

MIAdragon
01-22-2019, 04:42 PM
No, anything but that.

Clyde Frog
01-22-2019, 04:43 PM
Don't care. Gonna go to a theme park and enjoy the no lines.

oldman
01-22-2019, 04:44 PM
I'll have it on, but won't be invested. It will be strictly for entertainment value, just like the NFL says the game is. That said, I hope both teams lose.

Chiefer8989
01-22-2019, 04:45 PM
No. And it disgusts me that the two teams that shouldn't be in the SB are in the SB.

eDave
01-22-2019, 04:52 PM
It will be in the background at the SB party I will attend. Will watch replays when something good happens. Check the quarter ending score to see if I won any squares. I'll watch the Anthem. I'll TRY and watch Maroon Fucking 5.

It's a party, the game is just going on at the same time.

Frazod
01-22-2019, 04:54 PM
I posted this on Facebook earlier today:

I'm seeing lots of people bitching about the Saints loss. Yeah, they got screwed. The Chiefs were the victims of some questionable calls as well, but I can't blame the ref$ for their offense taking the first half off and the defense taking the fourth quarter off. That game shouldn't have come down to one or two bad calls.

Yes, we got the game between the two huge market teams that Goodell and his cronies wanted, featuring the Patriots, who 99% of the world hates and is sick of, and the Rams, a transplanted band of pumped up mercenaries that even the people of LA don't give a crap about. Meanwhile, the two best QBs in the league and their small market teams won't be playing, and the game we wanted to see will never be played. It is what it is. No amount of bitching and moaning or silly lawsuits will change that.

But I would point out that NONE OF US ARE UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO WATCH IT. If you want to make a difference, get the attention of the money grubbing pricks who always seem to find a way to bend the outcome of games to their will, don't watch it. Stay home. Do something else. Don't go out and spend a ton of money. Don't host a party. Read a book that night. Watch a movie. Binge watch some series on Netflix. Go to a nice restaurant that doesn't have TVs. Don't buy the products of their advertisers. Send the only message that matters to these vermin - vote with your wallet.

I have no idea what I'll be doing on Super Bowl Sunday, but I absolutely know what I won't be doing.

Fish
01-22-2019, 04:58 PM
Nobody gives a shit whether you guys watch the Superbowl. It's silly to act like you're sending some kind of statement.

Frazod
01-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Nobody gives a shit whether you guys watch the Superbowl. It's silly to act like you're sending some kind of statement.

Nobody gives a shit if you want to be the sheep that goes BAAAAAAAAAAAAA, either.

eDave
01-22-2019, 04:59 PM

Why you being a bitch?

BigRedChief
01-22-2019, 05:02 PM
I always have to go to the local neighbors Super Bowl party. I’m a bad neighbor, if I don’t go. It’s always filled with top shelf food and drink. So at least there is that. Just only about 25% are actually watching the game.

MMXcalibur
01-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Yes, because its football.

srvy
01-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Yes, because its football.

The correct answer is above^^^

BigRedChief
01-22-2019, 05:12 PM

Nobody gives a shit if you want to be the sheep that goes BAAAAAAAAAAAAA, either.

Why you being a bitch?I don’t understand why some on here tell other fans how to be a fan? People should “fan” how ever the fuck they want to “fan”.

Naptown Chief
01-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Nope. Haven't watched since Ravens-49ers Harghbowl. Only reason I watched that game was because a lot of my friends and family are Ravens fans.

Fish
01-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Why you being a bitch?

I'm not one of the people avoiding the Super Bowl for bitter butthurt reasons and bringing it up in every thread. Save it for those bitches.

carcosa
01-22-2019, 06:13 PM
No

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Bunch of babies in this poll

carcosa
01-22-2019, 06:28 PM
I just have zero interest in watching another Patriots Super Bowl. Even potential schadenfreude isn't a compelling reason anymore, because the Eagles already beat them last year. Why risk wasting 3+ hours hoping for a Patriots loss, which at this point is only barely more satisfying than a Patriots win?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 07:50 PM
I posted this on Facebook earlier today:

I'm seeing lots of people bitching about the Saints loss. Yeah, they got screwed. The Chiefs were the victims of some questionable calls as well, but I can't blame the ref$ for their offense taking the first half off and the defense taking the fourth quarter off. That game shouldn't have come down to one or two bad calls.

Yes, we got the game between the two huge market teams that Goodell and his cronies wanted, featuring the Patriots, who 99% of the world hates and is sick of, and the Rams, a transplanted band of pumped up mercenaries that even the people of LA don't give a crap about. Meanwhile, the two best QBs in the league and their small market teams won't be playing, and the game we wanted to see will never be played. It is what it is. No amount of bitching and moaning or silly lawsuits will change that.

But I would point out that NONE OF US ARE UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO WATCH IT. If you want to make a difference, get the attention of the money grubbing pricks who always seem to find a way to bend the outcome of games to their will, don't watch it. Stay home. Do something else. Don't go out and spend a ton of money. Don't host a party. Read a book that night. Watch a movie. Binge watch some series on Netflix. Go to a nice restaurant that doesn't have TVs. Don't buy the products of their advertisers. Send the only message that matters to these vermin - vote with your wallet.

I have no idea what I'll be doing on Super Bowl Sunday, but I absolutely know what I won't be doing.

Frazod is correct, all other takes are pointless shit. The NFL lives and dies by television contracts. Television contracts are given to the NFL based on ratings. Don't watch, don't buy their advertisers products, and you ABSOLUTELY "send a message".

P.S. Suck it if you hate this post. Thanks!

TwistedChief
01-22-2019, 07:52 PM
Frazod is correct, all other takes are pointless shit. The NFL lives and dies by television contracts. Television contracts are given to the NFL based on ratings. Don't watch, don't buy their advertisers products, and you ABSOLUTELY "send a message".

P.S. Suck it if you hate this post. Thanks!

This I agree with.

displacedinMN
01-22-2019, 07:55 PM
I will also say I will be in the same room as it is on. But will be with friends and will be drinking. I do not have to watch it.

kc rush
01-22-2019, 08:11 PM
No. I hate both teams. No need to suffer through that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 08:15 PM
This I agree with.

I'm feelin' EXTRA salty this day! :)

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Yes, Hoping the Patriots lose on a Brady int fest!

MOhillbilly
01-22-2019, 08:21 PM
Not a chance

58-4ever
There should be a 5th option: I’ll casually watch as I cook and drink... don’t give af who wins, but it’ll be fun to have one more game on

Titty Meat
Nope.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 08:22 PM
I just have zero interest in watching another Patriots Super Bowl. Even potential schadenfreude isn't a compelling reason anymore, because the Eagles already beat them last year. Why risk wasting 3+ hours hoping for a Patriots loss, which at this point is only barely more satisfying than a Patriots win?

THIS. SO MUCH this. Not even hoping NE loses is enough to want to watch this bullshit. What? Some of you think you're going to get compelling football? ROFL

"Ladies and Gentlemen, STRAP IN for two masters of dink & dunk action! Watch TWO marginal defensive units SLUG IT OUT! BECAUSE FOOTBALL! ROFL

58-4ever
01-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Is it bad to hope for career ending injuries

GloucesterChief
01-22-2019, 08:32 PM
The fact is that the NFL has so screwed their product up that I can't bear to watch it outside of KC. College is a much superior product.

big nasty kcnut
01-22-2019, 08:37 PM
Nope in fact I'll tell my next employer I'll work everyday unless the chiefs are on and i must be off even on super bowl sunday.

jimidollar
01-22-2019, 08:40 PM
FUCK NO!!!!

jimidollar
01-22-2019, 08:42 PM
Is it bad to hope for career ending injuries

Some people might call you an asshole. Most people don't care. In southeast Asia, we'd call this type of thing bad karma.

New World Order
01-22-2019, 08:47 PM
Hope the ratings plummet

Frazod
01-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Some people might call you an asshole. Most people don't care. In southeast Asia, we'd call this type of thing bad karma.

Karma, eh?

I think karma is bullshit. It's like "violence never solves anything," or "cheaters never prosper," or "all good things to those who wait." All crap. Violence solves most things. Cheaters often prosper. Good things come to those who act. And bad people who do bad things quite often achieve all their life goals, and karma never enters into it.

Where was karma Sunday night? Running over somebody's dogma, apparently.

EPodolak
01-22-2019, 09:10 PM
It will be the easiest SB to not watch in my memory.

KC_Lee
01-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Not watching the SB this year as I have zero fucks to give about either of these teams.

DinoHackett
01-22-2019, 09:57 PM
I haven't watched a Super Bowl since 2010. I hate the lame, overhyped, annoyingly pretentious, marketing spectacle that it has increasingly become.... it isn't a football game anymore, it is a damned 3-ring barnum and bailey circus. I hate how even people who couldn't care less about football or the NFL watch it at their ubiquitous "super bowl parties", i hate all of the ridiculous hoopla over the half-assed commercials (OMG what was YOUR fav commercial? OMG did you see THAT one commercial where the guy...blah blah blah). I also hate the overhyped lame "Halftime music extravaganza" performed by somebody I couldn't give to good goddamns about. "OMG but did you see what Lady Gaga was wearing?!! "

If the actual game turned out to be a good one, I just DVR and then watch the replay on NFL Network the next day, skipping past all the BS.

DinoHackett
01-22-2019, 10:00 PM
The fact is that the NFL has so screwed their product up that I can't bear to watch it outside of KC. College is a much superior product.

lol no it isn't.

Bowser
01-22-2019, 10:01 PM
Oh, I'll probably end up watching it. But I doubt if I get invested in the game much if at all.

chiefsfan987
01-22-2019, 10:05 PM
I won't be watching but not because I'm bitter. About 5 years ago I stopped watching the superbowl as well as regular season games that didn't involve the Chiefs because when it came down to it I really didn't care who won since it wasn't going to be KC. Good luck to both teams though.

BigRedChief
01-22-2019, 10:08 PM

P.S. Suck it if you hate this post. Thanks!the Chiefs game was the highest rated show of all TV since Super Bowl 52. TV ratings are thru the roof. All days, networks and times. Fans love the offense. For crissakes, you had newbies pissed off on Twitter because Mahomes didn’t get his chance in overtime. They had no idea about the overtime rules. The offense is attracting new fans.

ILChief
01-22-2019, 10:09 PM
Go Rams

Why Not?
01-22-2019, 10:17 PM
Nah. But I kinda want the Pats to win because maybe just maybe Brady ****ing retires. Also no way can douche frat bro Goff win a SB before Mahomes

cooper barrett
01-22-2019, 10:20 PM
Only if they replay the CCGs.

Imon Yourside
01-22-2019, 10:22 PM
What time is the Chiefs vs Saints game?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 10:22 PM
the Chiefs game was the highest rated show of all TV since Super Bowl 52. TV ratings are thru the roof. All days, networks and times. Fans love the offense. For crissakes, you had newbies pissed off on Twitter because Mahomes didn’t get his chance in overtime. They had no idea about the overtime rules. The offense is attracting new fans.

Okay.....

And if Mahomes were in the Super Bowl I can guaran-fucking-tee you the ratings would be off the charts versus the pablum they're getting ready to televise.

Which was my point: if you're sick and tired of watching shit football just so the NFL can try and keep working it's "expand to overseas markets by continuously featuring NE and large market"-horse shit, then fucking DO SOMETHING about it.
DON'T watch. DON'T buy "Pepsi" or "Bud Light", and hit these fuckers and their network's clients right in the wallet.

GloucesterChief
01-22-2019, 10:23 PM
lol no it isn't.

Yes, yes it is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Nah. But I kinda want the Pats to win because maybe just maybe Brady ****ing retires. Also no way can douche frat bro Goff win a SB before Mahomes

Dude....

If Brady wins, all that does is embolden him to keep on playing.

oldman
01-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Boycotting advertisers products isn't going to work. Seriously, do you really expect people to stop drinking Bud Light, quit buying Ford and Chevy trucks, and stop eating Doritos? No, the answer is to tune your TV to the History Channel, ION Television, or just leave it off. Don't watch pregame, pre-pregame, or any other broadcast that features the SB. Ratings are what drives advertising money and that's king.

Frazod
01-22-2019, 10:46 PM
Dude....

If Brady wins, all that does is embolden him to keep on playing.

I don't know about that. His skills have clearly diminished. Against a real defense he would have lost. Hell, he was just a dumbass offsides inch away from a 3-interception loss.

Maybe if the Cheatriots win the miserable old cunt will finally ride off into the sunset and take Hoodie with him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 10:54 PM
Boycotting advertisers products isn't going to work. Seriously, do you really expect people to stop drinking Bud Light, quit buying Ford and Chevy trucks, and stop eating Doritos? No, the answer is to tune your TV to the History Channel, ION Television, or just leave it off. Don't watch pregame, pre-pregame, or any other broadcast that features the SB. Ratings are what drives advertising money and that's king.

To an extent; YES. Shit, even if I were a stone-cold alcoholic, I could give up Bud Light with less than a snap of my fingers! LMAO

Does Doritos have a competitor? Of course they do!

The Truck thing is usually a brand loyalty-issue, so that's a wash but you get my point.

Other than that, I agree with you; just TURN IT OFF.

I don't know about that. His skills have clearly diminished. Against a real defense he would have lost. Hell, he was just a dumbass offsides inch away from a 3-interception loss.

Maybe if the Cheatriots win the miserable old cunt will finally ride off into the sunset and take Hoodie with him.

I watched some sideline clip of him and Edleman sucking each other off after a TD, and he said "WE CAN DO THIS FOREVER"!

So yeah, he needs to get his ass beat, and painfully.

GloryDayz
01-22-2019, 10:58 PM
I loath both cites, one is the womb of U.S. terrorist, the other is L.A. (!!!); outside of their weather they pretty-much suck as a people and they have Marcus Peters.

I don't know which team I want to lose more, perhaps Boston can do its thing and torch both teams and improve America.

carcosa
01-22-2019, 11:14 PM
I loath both cites, one is the womb of U.S. terrorist, the other is L.A. (!!!); outside of their weather they pretty-much suck as a people and they have Marcus Peters.

I don't know which team I want to lose more, perhaps Boston can do its thing and torch both teams and improve America.

what

Inspector
01-22-2019, 11:26 PM
No.

I mean, fuck no.

mschiefs1984
01-22-2019, 11:29 PM
No it will suck to much knowing we should have been there

Rain Man
01-23-2019, 12:44 AM
I would watch a Rams Super Bowl against any team other than the Patriots or, if they're cheating, the Broncos. (Note: the Broncos are always cheating.)

Sick of the Patriots. Even aside from last week, I'm sick of the Patriots. Won't watch them, won't read about them, won't drink a Dr. Pepper that they offer me.

Katie
01-23-2019, 12:48 AM
Not getting a rating off of my TV.

crayzkirk
01-23-2019, 12:56 AM
It's still too soon for a rational answer; the football fan in me wants to see another game, the Chiefs fan in me doesn't want to watch the Patriots again.

Heading to the lake that weekend and most likely, I will be driving home and will listen on the radio.

I'm part of the older crowd, the commercials are lame. the halftime show is lamer and I'd rather watch the Puppy Bowl than all of the garbage leading up to the game.

I will probably watch the highlights on NFL Network if the Patriots lose.

PAChiefsGuy
01-23-2019, 03:16 AM
I said I wasn't going to watch it right after the Chiefs lost but now that I have calmed down I'm definitely going to watch it. It should be a good game and there is always the commercials.

As much as I don't like certain things about the Pats I appreciate how good they are. It's crazy all their accomplishments. At least if they win I wont have to hear Steeler fans always bragging about having won the most SBs. And if they lose that's cool to cause it makes their game against us sting a little less. Win-win situation.

Rams are a fun team to watch and their HC is proving you don't have to be Grandpa to be a successful coach in this league so there is that as well.

rico
01-23-2019, 03:22 AM
Not watching because who gives a shit?!

Ugh...Boston-LA...that was worn out decades ago after Magic and Larry. And this is Brady and...Goff. Yawn.

AussieChiefsFan
01-23-2019, 04:08 AM
I said yes, but I'll probably do it in a way that doesn't contribute to ratings. In a bar with a few mates or something (that aren't Pats fans).

listopencil
01-23-2019, 04:30 AM

Nah. That 4th down conversion to a TD by the Eagles was an all time great Superbowl play:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YDG3_ewrOWg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It really made my day. I'll be rooting for the Rams.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 07:56 AM
Fuck the NFL, fuck schlocky corporate rock like Maroon 5, and fuck the Super Bowl.

jd1020
01-23-2019, 08:03 AM
Unlikely. It has nothing to do with what happened against the Chiefs, I have just lost interest in the NFL as a whole and couldn't find myself to give a shit about anything not involving the Chiefs.

However, if theres absolutely nothing else on I'm not going to go out of my way to watch Real Housewives in order to avoid watching the SB.

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 11:35 AM
I would watch a Rams Super Bowl against any team other than the Patriots or, if they're cheating, the Broncos. (Note: the Broncos are always cheating.)

Sick of the Patriots. Even aside from last week, I'm sick of the Patriots. Won't watch them, won't read about them, won't drink a Dr. Pepper that they offer me.

This. And I simply can't stomach what will be almost two more weeks of a steady stream of Brady dick sucking and reliving the AFCCCG, then a rapid fire of the same on SB Sunday.

The truth is, the team done fucked us again. Again, Blame Dee, blame Andy, blame Clark, blame Eric, blame whomever, but as a team they fucked us.

People can be as optimistic as they want about next year and beyond, but this team seems to always find a way to fail. I don't need too much reminding of that. Especially when it's the FUCKING Pats faithful leading the way.

siberian khatru
01-23-2019, 11:48 AM
I'm really trying to talk myself out of it, because I'm just exhausted with the Patriots. Kind of like Carcosa said, it doesn't even really matter if they lose the SB anymore. Just the fact they're part of it and the hype turns me off. I have zero interest. Plus, I really don't give a shit about the Rams.

Thing is, the SB is such a part of my routine (haven't missed one since probably 1974 or 75) and the national consciousness, I almost feel obligated to tune in. But I'm patiently waiting to see if my disgust holds out to the end. Told the wife last night, maybe we could still fix a big spread, but maybe do something else like catch up on movies or TV episodes.

Thanks, New England, for ruining the Super Bowl!

FAX
01-23-2019, 11:49 AM
No.

FAX

Why Not?
01-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Showed my kids the movie “Tombstone” yesterday. I’m planning to take them there(about 3 hours away)on 2/3.

Rain Man
01-23-2019, 11:59 AM
This. And I simply can't stomach what will be almost two more weeks of a steady stream of Brady dick sucking and reliving the AFCCCG, then a rapid fire of the same on SB Sunday.

On that note, NFL Network is my baseline choice for background noise on the TV, and I'm pointedly going to avoid that channel for the next two weeks. I don't want to hear anything about Tom Brady and whoever else is in that team's jersey. I'm just sick and tired of the same story year after year after year.

I wouldn't be against watching the pro bowl, but that's a really low priority so I'll probably skip it too, just because they'll probably talk about Tom Brady and other guys in his jersey.

jjchieffan
01-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Nope. And I hope that it gets the lowest TV ratings of all time for a Superbowl. I can't imagine this game being appealing to anyone outside of Boston or LA. And I doubt that the interest is really all that high in LA.

Reerun_KC
01-23-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Super Bowl I watched was the Donkeys and Seattle? I think that was the one where Manning got wrecked...

If thats not correct then I dont remember....

tooge
01-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Nope. I'm going goose hunting in the morning and then working on the floor of a fishing boat in the evening. The Patriots ruined the Super Blow for me years ago, but I watched, hoping the NFC team would beat them. Now, that the Lambs got gifted and the Saints got fisted, I can't, in good conscience, root for the Lambs either. So no.

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 12:56 PM
On that note, NFL Network is my baseline choice for background noise on the TV, and I'm pointedly going to avoid that channel for the next two weeks. I don't want to hear anything about Tom Brady and whoever else is in that team's jersey. I'm just sick and tired of the same story year after year after year.

I wouldn't be against watching the pro bowl, but that's a really low priority so I'll probably skip it too, just because they'll probably talk about Tom Brady and other guys in his jersey.

Yup, I'm just waiting for Spring Training, working, and focusing on shoring-up plans for Cozumel and 4-5 dives a day.

I know the NFL i more than willing to lose the KC market in favor of the Boston market, and they won't "lose" it, it'll just be impacted by a bit of a percentage point, but there's nothing I can do about people not willing to send a message to the league by boycotting anything Pats.

Might run over to the east side of the state and dive a mine to avoid anything NFL on 2/3/2019..

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 12:58 PM
Nope. I'm going goose hunting in the morning and then working on the floor of a fishing boat in the evening. The Patriots ruined the Super Blow for me years ago, but I watched, hoping the NFC team would beat them. Now, that the Lambs got gifted and the Saints got fisted, I can't, in good conscience, root for the Lambs either. So no.

It's not PC for me to type what I'm rooting for, not who...

Rain Man
01-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Yup, I'm just waiting for Spring Training, working, and focusing on shoring-up plans for Cozumel and 4-5 dives a day.

I know the NFL i more than willing to lose the KC market in favor of the Boston market, and they won't "lose" it, it'll just be impacted by a bit of a percentage point, but there's nothing I can do about people not willing to send a message to the league by boycotting anything Pats.

Might run over to the east side of the state and dive a mine to avoid anything NFL on 2/3/2019..

New Chiefsplanet motto: "I'd rather find myself underwater in an abandoned mine than watch a Patriots game."

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 01:42 PM
New Chiefsplanet motto: "I'd rather find myself underwater in an abandoned mine than watch a Patriots game."That might be my new passphrase.

Rasputin
01-23-2019, 01:51 PM
Think I'm going be busy that day doing something.

Not really boycotting the Patriots being in the Super Bowl I think they deserve it after a hell of a game against us just a coin flip difference. I just have better things to do that day just not high on the interest list.

I'm in the process of getting ready to move to Fort Scott and transfer with my job to Osawatomie State Hospital. It's a big move across state for me but I'm looking at new opportunities for fishing holes and get to go to Royals games and absolutely get to go to some Chiefs games that is going be a hell of a lot of fun that I miss out on because I live out in Tombfuck Egypt.

TheBayouBullet
01-23-2019, 02:05 PM
I was going to make a thread about this, but as a newly-registered member it appears I'm unable to post at present - though if someone else would, it'd sure be appreciated! Regardless, if there is any fan base in the NFL that deserves an invitation to join the Who Dat Nation at this event, it's the Kansas City faithful.

I can't post the link because of said newly-registered status, but Google the Boycott Bowl festival that's about to go down in NOLA on Super Bowl Sunday (you can find it on Facebook, too). The event is still in the process of being organized (not by me), but it's worth keeping track of if anyone feels like making a protest trek to the Big Easy. There is no doubt that anyone in a Chiefs jersey would get a warm, warm reception.

It should have been us, guys. It should have been us.

WarChiefs89
01-23-2019, 02:12 PM
The real question is does Chiefs nation want Brady to win with the hope he walks away???

I will be pulling for them with that exact hope. Sure it sucks they are this dominant, but if the Chiefs aren't winning it this yr I don't really care who does. If I'm putting my Chiefs fandom in front of my pats hatred... unfortunately that means I'm a pats fan next week.

carcosa
01-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Not getting a rating off of my TV.

Do you have a Nielsen box on your TV

scho63
01-23-2019, 02:25 PM
No and I'll watch the commercials online

Rain Man
01-23-2019, 02:34 PM
I was going to make a thread about this, but as a newly-registered member it appears I'm unable to post at present - though if someone else would, it'd sure be appreciated! Regardless, if there is any fan base in the NFL that deserves an invitation to join the Who Dat Nation at this event, it's the Kansas City faithful.

I can't post the link because of said newly-registered status, but Google the Boycott Bowl festival that's about to go down in NOLA on Super Bowl Sunday (you can find it on Facebook, too). The event is still in the process of being organized (not by me), but it's worth keeping track of if anyone feels like making a protest trek to the Big Easy. There is no doubt that anyone in a Chiefs jersey would get a warm, warm reception.

(Brohug.) Welcome to the Republic of Mahomes, my friend.

TheBayouBullet
01-23-2019, 02:50 PM
(Brohug.) Welcome to the Republic of Mahomes, my friend.

I spent half the season pulling for Mahomes to choke so Brees could finally win league MVP. Now I'd give anything to see either one of them in the Big One. It's all just so wrong.

crayzkirk
01-23-2019, 02:57 PM
I will probably watch the replay to see if the Rams coaches and players can stop the Patriots from simply playing basic football.

CoMoChief
01-23-2019, 02:59 PM
I'll have it on, or will be at a friend's house...but I won't really watch it.

I'll be too busy drinking and eating food.

Frazod
01-23-2019, 03:04 PM
The real question is does Chiefs nation want Brady to win with the hope he walks away???

I will be pulling for them with that exact hope. Sure it sucks they are this dominant, but if the Chiefs aren't winning it this yr I don't really care who does. If I'm putting my Chiefs fandom in front of my pats hatred... unfortunately that means I'm a pats fan next week.

I'd rather see somebody throw his helmet into the stands while his fucking head is still inside it.

Is that wrong?

1Ten
01-23-2019, 03:21 PM
I might be up for replays of key stuff, so I can ff thru the commercials.

FAX
01-23-2019, 03:44 PM

Consider yourself chambered.

FAX

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 03:55 PM

Welcome aboard Pats-hater....

https://www.facebook.com/events/2125065277613134/

EDIT: Let's hope YOUR owner walks into the next owners meeting and starts the meeting with a hearty "Fuck YOU" to Goodell, and remind them that they are best advised to STFU because she's got dirt on the NFL and she's more than willing to go "NOLA Mob" all over them if they step out of line. And tell them that adding reviews of PI isn't enough, to keep her quiet they're going to have to fix a LOT more than that. I know ours won't.

swifty32661
01-23-2019, 04:03 PM
If there were a guarantee that Brady walks away with a SB win this time...hell, yeah i'd root for the Patriot's to win. He's such a narcissist though..it's going to take him completely shitting the bed during the regular season/not making the playoffs before he retires me thinks. :cuss::cuss:

tooge
01-23-2019, 04:06 PM
If there were a guarantee that Brady walks away with a massive injury to his pecker, rendering him unable to walk again, ..hell, yeah i'd root for the Patriot's to win. He's such a narcissist though..it's going to take him completely shitting the bed during the regular season/not making the playoffs before he retires me thinks. :cuss::cuss:

FYP

Frosty
01-23-2019, 04:43 PM
No. I have a bad case of Patriots fatigue. The SB isn't worth watching for the teams, the commercials have gotten lamer every year (and can be watched on Youtube in a fraction of the time), and the halftime show will suck. It's my birthday weekend and I'm not wasting my time watching this pile of shit.

If it turns out the game was good (ie, the Pats get destroyed), I'll catch it on one of the 4000 inevitable replays on NFLN.

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 04:55 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, the mine isn't open to dive on the 3rd.

I guess I'll drive to Iowa and dive Iowanian's farm pond!

Easy 6
01-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Let me say this with absolute sincerity... NO, fuck this game

For the very first time in my life, I'm voluntarily skipping the "big game", and I hope millions of other Americans join me, I hope it's the lowest rated piece of shit the NFL has ever had

And in all honesty it's not 100% because WE didn't make it, it's because I want NOTHING to do with another goddamn pats appearance... and also because LA was gifted their appearance to generate interest in the nations 2nd largest market

Both of these teams can eat shit and die

I'll be renting some movies or maybe going on some kind of road trip, followed by a nice dinner

bdj23
01-23-2019, 05:00 PM
Nah. I might turn it on for background noise while I play on my phone or something

38yrsfan
01-23-2019, 05:20 PM
Nope. Fabricated entertainment to benefit the NFL dementia we are subjected to has no appeal.

That itch was scratched when they introduced, repealed, then reinstated Instant Replay. Now it is a tool for game guidance.

DinoHackett
01-23-2019, 06:35 PM
Yes, yes it is.

No, no it isn't.

displacedinMN
01-23-2019, 06:37 PM
#boycottpatsandteamthatcitydoesnotknowitexistssuperbowl

alpha_omega
01-23-2019, 06:47 PM
Two teams I hate, but yes. Absolutely.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2019, 07:33 PM
I'm really trying to talk myself out of it, because I'm just exhausted with the Patriots. Kind of like Carcosa said, it doesn't even really matter if they lose the SB anymore. Just the fact they're part of it and the hype turns me off. I have zero interest. Plus, I really don't give a shit about the Rams.

Thing is, the SB is such a part of my routine (haven't missed one since probably 1974 or 75) and the national consciousness, I almost feel obligated to tune in. But I'm patiently waiting to see if my disgust holds out to the end. Told the wife last night, maybe we could still fix a big spread, but maybe do something else like catch up on movies or TV episodes.

Thanks, New England, for ruining the Super Bowl!

And this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about; over-saturation of an illegitimate franchise in the name of overseas marketing and expansion. Even people who love football do NOT want to watch this shit!

Like Mr. Plinkett always says, "you didn't see it, but your BRAIN did".

PHOG
01-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Probably for a little while anyways, until I either lose interest or get fed up with the bs, then will watch or do something else. :shrug:

eDave
01-23-2019, 07:50 PM
It's probably going to be a good game though.

Why Not?
01-23-2019, 08:19 PM

Absolutely. Plus, I’m already sick of McVay and douche bro Goff

BigCatDaddy
01-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Im not butthurt about the loss but this game does nothing for me. Ill probably hit the gym and watch it between sets or soemthing. Just ready to get rocking again next season.

Easy 6
01-23-2019, 09:04 PM

Sounds a helluva lot more exciting than this... I'd rather watch a dog take a shit

AssEaterChief
01-23-2019, 09:11 PM
According to the poll....about a third of you should never watch football again.

"No. I have had enough of the incompetence of the officials."

Spoiler alert: this is never going to change so put a diaper on and get over it.

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 10:01 PM
It's probably going to be a good game though.

I'll bet the NFL's NYC offices are writing one hell of a script for their officials to steer on SB Sunday...

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2019, 10:28 PM
I'll bet the NFL's NYC offices are writing one hell of a script for their officials to steer on SB Sunday...

Rut-Roh, Raggy.... :)

Cornstock
01-23-2019, 11:14 PM
No. In the past I've headed to the local watering hole and done it up. I'll pass this year.

-King-
01-23-2019, 11:20 PM
Probably will. And I know I'll get killed for this...but I hope the Patriots win. At least they deserve to be in the Superbowl unlike the Rams IMO.

GloucesterChief
01-23-2019, 11:22 PM
Probably will. And I know I'll get killed for this...but I hope the Patriots win. At least they deserve to be in the Superbowl unlike the Rams IMO.

My opinion on the Pats is less hate and more 'just go away'.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2019, 11:27 PM
You won't get killed, we've completely given up on you.

GloryDayz
01-23-2019, 11:35 PM

How about a baseball-size meteor hits the stadium just after kickoff?

suzzer99
01-24-2019, 12:04 AM
Right now thinking hell no but I'll probably change my mind and watch and root for the Rams.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-24-2019, 01:07 AM
How about a baseball-size meteor hits the stadium just after kickoff?

ONLY if said meteor can pass through Boston on its way to ATL, and release a poisonous gas which genetically renders the entire city and surrounding area sterile.

GloryDayz
01-24-2019, 06:55 AM
ONLY if said meteor can pass through Boston on its way to ATL, and release a poisonous gas which genetically renders the entire city and surrounding area sterile.

If my wish for a meteor to end two of earth's worst groups of people isn't too much, perhaps two would be be OK too...

SuperBowl4
01-24-2019, 06:59 AM
Yes. I will watch The :arrow: CHIEFS destroy the Vikings again for the 49th consecutive year Anybody looking forward to ISRABOWL XII?

luv
01-24-2019, 08:35 AM
Eh, it's football, and I like football. There are players on both teams that I would especially love to see lose. And, like a typical female, I like the commercials, and seeing what train wreck will happen during halftime.