PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kietzman went off the rails and blamed the offense for a bad defensive ranking..

petegz28
01-22-2019, 04:45 PM
It's the fault of Mahomes and the offense the defense sucked so bad at everything but sacks because they score too much....

He was going off on Frank Boal today about it and was livid. The defense is ranked so badly because the offense is so good.

WHAT???

Boal missed a golden opportunity to point out this defense lost a game where we put 51 points in the board...

All the other years aside let's just look at how Mahomes made this defense so bad...

1. Needed to put up 30+ and have several TD's dropped by the Chargers in game 1

2. Needed Mahomes to bail the defense out after blowing a 21 point lead in less than 1 quarter against the Steelers

3. Needed Mahomes to bring us back in the 4th after being down 10 and then having Keenum overthrow the wide open WR for the winning TD in Denver

4. Needed a call to bail out losing to SF late

5. Needed 4th & 9 magic to beat the Ravens and then got away with DPI on 4th & 20 in OT to seal the game

6. Needed Mahomes to bail them out after allowing Oakland to put up 26 in the 2nd half of that game

7. A 14 pt lead with 5 min to go wasn't enough against the Chargers in game 2

8. Putting up 51 points and still losing in the last 2 minutes at the Rams

9. Take a 4th Q lead and losing in the last minute in New England

10 Taking a 4th Q lead TWICE and then tying to go to OT and never got the ball back to Mahomes in OT against NE in the AFCCG

Yeah, it's all the fault of Mahomes and the offense that the defense was one of the worst ever

Sassy Squatch
01-22-2019, 04:46 PM
Who gives a **** what poor mans Skip Bayless thinks?

-King-
And you listened.

keg in kc
810's still on the air? I had no idea.

eDave
Stopped reading at Kietzman.

Fish
01-22-2019, 04:52 PM
Turn the dial. You'll find yourself wasting less emotion. KK is a stubborn moron who will say anything to rile up listeners, and then deny it till the ends of the earth once he's proven wrong. His football takes are terrible.

big nasty kcnut
01-22-2019, 04:54 PM
Kevin is so fucking wrong. I never want to go back to herm 17 points offense. I like arena ball!

DRM08
01-22-2019, 04:55 PM
Can’t really blame the defense for Rams game. They forced two big turnovers on Goff to give the Chiefs 14 points. Mahomes had 5 turnovers, including 3 that led to 21 easy points for the Rams. So basically both QB’s gave the other team at least 14 points. Mahomes gave 7 more points than Goff and KC lost by 3 points. Mahomes said that loss was on him and I agree with him 100%.

O.city
01-22-2019, 04:56 PM
He'd rather have an Alex Smith type offense that's a ball control keep the d fresh kinda thing.

Chiefs 1995.

Molitoth
01-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Keitzman is such a jackass.

petegz28
01-22-2019, 04:57 PM
Can’t really blame the defense for Rams game. They forced two big turnovers on Goff to give the Chiefs 14 points. Mahomes had 5 turnovers, including 3 that led to 21 easy points for the Rams. So basically both QB’s gave the other team at least 14 points. Mahomes gave 7 more points than Goff and KC lost by 3 points. Mahomes said that loss was on him and I agree with him 100%.

Yeah, no

DRM08
01-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Yeah, no

Take out the points on turnovers by Mahomes/Goff and the Chiefs win 37-33.

TEX
01-22-2019, 05:07 PM
Kietzman - Puts the "TARD" in RETARD.

warrior
01-22-2019, 05:11 PM
Sounds like Iconics hero

Bowser
01-22-2019, 05:27 PM
He'd rather have Alex Smith He and Alex were buds.

petegz28
01-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Take out the points on turnovers by Mahomes/Goff and the Chiefs win 37-33.

Take out the fact the defense couldn't keep the Rams out of the end zone for 2 minutes and we win.

Dartgod
01-22-2019, 05:53 PM
5. Needed 4th & 9 magic to beat the Ravens and then got away with DPI on 4th & 20 in OT to seal the game

I don't disagree with you for the most part, but need to address this point. If they had called DPI on us on that play, you would have had a fucking coronary.

petegz28
01-22-2019, 06:14 PM
I don't disagree with you for the most part, but need to address this point. If they had called DPI on us on that play, you would have had a ****ing coronary.

It would have been a cheese call but that doesn't change the fact that it could have been called. Even worse the pass was there.

ChiefsCountry
01-22-2019, 06:16 PM
It's called sports talk 101. Give the opposite opinion of the mob to get them to call in and disagree.

FAX
01-22-2019, 07:13 PM
In the olden days of yore, sports radio was about the only game in town. In these times of extreme modernity, I don't know why anybody would listen to a guy like that.

Download an audiobook. Or learn French. Or sing along to your favorite Joe Cocker performance.

There are tons of better things to do than listen to a certified moron try to piss you off.

FAX

Marcellus
01-22-2019, 07:31 PM
He and Alex were buds.

Fucking kid takes his team on his back to the AFCCG his first year and people bitch.

Fuck him, fuck him to death. (But not with my dick, homie don't play that)

Chiefshrink
01-22-2019, 07:35 PM
Keitzman is such a jackass.

It's obvious he has never played football.:rolleyes:

Rivaldo
01-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Was curious if there would be any chatter about this lol.

The fact that we have to suffer Kietzman in this market is a tragedy. The dude is so clueless, and it's exacerbated by the tremendous talent on the border patrol and Petros show.

All last week, Kietzman was talking-up how much better the chiefs' defense is at home, and how they hadn't allowed 30 points in 32(approx) consecutive home contests.

When he faced a return to the airwaves after that abortion/worst case scenario performance, he conjured up the most retarded bullshit trying to spin the situation, because he had made up his mind that he would refuse to disparage the defense he touted all of last week.

gblowfish
01-22-2019, 07:50 PM
The typical KK radio argument: "I've been doing this for 30 years and my opinion means more than anybody else in the room and what I think is the end of the argument, don't you think?"

Second Banana in the room aka Leabo or Clinkscale: "Well... uh, yeah, sure KK. Will you sign my paycheck now?"

Imon Yourside
01-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Kietzman - Puts the "TARD" in RETARD.

/Thread

Imon Yourside
01-22-2019, 07:52 PM
None of this would happen if all of the Chiefs would just

"Play good football"

Rivaldo
01-22-2019, 07:52 PM
lol he's wrong about everything.

He wanted another year of Smiff of course.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Actor or not, would reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally like to punch this guy.

siberian khatru
01-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Good follow:

Shit Kietzman Says
@ShitkkwhbSays

dlphg9
01-22-2019, 07:57 PM
Hes the reason I will continue listening to the idiots at 610.

Rivaldo
01-22-2019, 07:58 PM
loooooll had to lift the photo from that twitter account. Too perfect

Rivaldo
01-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Hes the reason I will continue listening to the idiots at 610.

I like the cats opposite Kietz in the same time-slot on 610. That new guy that partners with Vernier is really good.

funny af at times, and needless to say, Kietz is never funny.

FlaChief58
01-22-2019, 08:18 PM

Any time you hang 50 on your opponent and lose, it's your defense's fault.

Garcia Bronco
01-22-2019, 10:31 PM
It's the fault of Mahomes and the offense the defense sucked so bad at everything but sacks because they score too much....

It is a factor. Look at the 2013 Broncos, but it' score too fast...not too much.

kcclone
01-22-2019, 10:51 PM
lol he's wrong about everything.

He wanted another year of Smiff of course.

It's uncanny. He's almost never right. Total tool, who obviously has never played the sport.

I love Soren. He's funny, and reasonable. KK on the other hand is so hard to listen to.

BWillie
01-22-2019, 10:52 PM

He was going off on Frank Boal today about it and was livid. The defense is ranked so badly because the offense is so good.

WHAT???

Boal missed a golden opportunity to point out this defense lost a game where we put 51 points in the board...

All the other years aside let's just look at how Mahomes made this defense so bad...

1. Needed to put up 30+ and have several TD's dropped by the Chargers in game 1

2. Needed Mahomes to bail the defense out after blowing a 21 point lead in less than 1 quarter against the Steelers

3. Needed Mahomes to bring us back in the 4th after being down 10 and then having Keenum overthrow the wide open WR for the winning TD in Denver

4. Needed a call to bail out losing to SF late

6. Needed Mahomes to bail them out after allowing Oakland to put up 26 in the 2nd half of that game

7. A 14 pt lead with 5 min to go wasn't enough against the Chargers in game 2

8. Putting up 51 points and still losing in the last 2 minutes at the Rams

9. Take a 4th Q lead and losing in the last minute in New England

10 Taking a 4th Q lead TWICE and then tying to go to OT and never got the ball back to Mahomes in OT against NE in the AFCCG

Yeah, it's all the fault of Mahomes and the offense that the defense was one of the worst ever

The point he's making is our defense isn't quite as bad as you think. It's not dead last. It is a Top 20-25 defense - which yeah still fucking sucks. When people cite defensive stats of scoring defense & yards given up - it just makes me cringe. You look at tempo and possessions. The Chiefs offense is SO GOOD that the other teams offense gets more possessions and it makes the defense look worse.

After hearing him a week or so ago - I would imagine that is what he's talking about. I don't defend Kietzman much but he clearly doesn't believe this is a good defense - it's just not as bad as people make it out to be.

BWillie
01-22-2019, 10:53 PM
It's uncanny. He's almost never right. Total tool, who obviously has never played the sport.

I love Soren. He's funny, and reasonable. KK on the other hand is so hard to listen to.

KK was right about the Colts. He said the Chiefs would destory the Colts, and d them up. Have to give credit where credit is due. He was right on that one.

Rawlsian
01-22-2019, 10:55 PM
I don't disagree with you for the most part, but need to address this point. If they had called DPI on us on that play, you would have had a ****ing coronary.

Sadly, it's never stopped the refs from burning us in two of those Derek Carr 'comeback' games.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 06:52 AM
He'd rather have an Alex Smith type offense that's a ball control keep the d fresh kinda thing.

Chiefs 1995.

It'd be nice if PMII developed the kind of control over the game that a would allow him to do that, though.

The defense was on the field for damn near 100 plays. Offense ran like 48 plays.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 06:53 AM
Sadly, it's never stopped the refs from burning us in two of those Derek Carr 'comeback' games.

Accurate.

Chiefs Moon
01-23-2019, 07:38 AM
Sounds like someone gambled on the game and lost...big.

Reerun_KC
01-23-2019, 07:40 AM
He misses Alex Smith. He is a fake Mahomes fan.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 07:43 AM
He misses Alex Smith. He is a fake Mahomes fan.

Well, fuck him, then.

Did anyone tell KK that Alex got hurt and will most likely never play again?

Does he blame the Chiefs for that or something?

RunKC
01-23-2019, 08:02 AM
The point he's making is our defense isn't quite as bad as you think. It's not dead last. It is a Top 20-25 defense - which yeah still ****ing sucks. When people cite defensive stats of scoring defense & yards given up - it just makes me cringe. You look at tempo and possessions. The Chiefs offense is SO GOOD that the other teams offense gets more possessions and it makes the defense look worse.

After hearing him a week or so ago - I would imagine that is what he's talking about. I don't defend Kietzman much but he clearly doesn't believe this is a good defense - it's just not as bad as people make it out to be.

Yup. These guys are on the field a metric **** ton of the time and they are put in positions many other defenses aren’t put in.

When an opposing team plays us, they open their entire playbook, go no huddle and take a lot of chances bc they have to in order to keep up.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-23-2019, 08:11 AM
Yup. These guys are on the field a metric **** ton of the time and they are put in positions many other defenses aren’t put in.

When an opposing team plays us, they open their entire playbook, go no huddle and take a lot of chances bc they have to in order to keep up.

Fyp and absolutely 100% agree.

petegz28
01-23-2019, 08:41 AM
So how did our "we score too fast" offense cause the defense to give up an 8 minute opening drive?

You realize that converting 3rd & 10 has something like a 20% success rate and our defense let it happen 3 times in a row in OT?

Were they too fucking tired to cover Williams on the 2pt conversion against the Chargers?

kcpasco
01-23-2019, 08:45 AM
So how did our "we score too fast" offense cause the defense to give up an 8 minute opening drive?

You realize that converting 3rd & 10 has something like a 20% success rate and our defense let it happen 3 times in a row in OT?

Were they too ****ing tired to cover Williams on the 2pt conversion against the Chargers?

3 slants. 2 to Edelman on the same exact play and 1 to Gronk. Maybe come up and jam Edelman. No I’m just gonna let him run right through my cover 2. FU Sutton.

FringeNC
01-23-2019, 08:47 AM
His observations have a lot of truth to them, but they are damning of Sutton, not Mahomes. Same shit happened with Smith was QB.

Eleazar
01-23-2019, 08:53 AM
And you listened.

Not only did he listen, but then he came here to rage-post about it and give them free publicity.

Coogs
01-23-2019, 08:53 AM
3 slants. 2 to Edelman on the same exact play and 1 to Gronk.

I saw a breakdown on those three plays on one of the TV shows. Don't remember which one. The coverage was pretty sad on all three plays. The first down was pretty much assured on all three before the snap of the ball.

mnchiefsguy
01-23-2019, 09:16 AM
The point he's making is our defense isn't quite as bad as you think. It's not dead last. It is a Top 20-25 defense - which yeah still ****ing sucks. When people cite defensive stats of scoring defense & yards given up - it just makes me cringe. You look at tempo and possessions. The Chiefs offense is SO GOOD that the other teams offense gets more possessions and it makes the defense look worse.

Bullshit. This defense was historically bad. Look at all of the bad "firsts" this defense has accomplished. Look at all of the blown leads.

Folks wanna spout this bullshit and put blame on the offense...the only offense in history to score at least 26 points in every single game in a season. 3rd best offense in history, with a QB who hit 5k in yards and 50 TDs....and the only other 2 qbs who did that both went to the Super Bowl.

This defense was absolutely as bad as everyone thinks it is.

Demonpenz
01-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Stats are nice, but if you watched this team all year you know they couldn't cover they couldn't tackle, the linebackers got swallowed up by Offensive linemen the linebackers also are slow as shit and can't run sideline to sideline or cover backs out of the backfield. Secondary commited fouls because they suck. The pass rush dissapeared at big moments. Scoring two fast doesn't take away what you saw when you watched the games.

treeguy27
01-23-2019, 09:59 AM
You lost all credibility when you admitted to listening to Kietzman.

JakeF
01-23-2019, 10:45 AM
The offense does have something to do with the high number for the defense. That doesn't change the inability of our defense to tackle, to cover wrs, to know where to lineup etc.

Our defense would stink with any offense, the numbers are just more exaggerated with a fast scoring offense.

TribalElder
01-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Don't listen to this guy

GermanChief
01-23-2019, 11:28 AM
I don't know Kietzman but he is a comedian, right? Maybe we should change Mahomes and Bortles. :D

HonestChieffan
01-23-2019, 11:31 AM
KK is poster boy for why it takes zero talent to be on KC Sports radio. In a major market this nitwit would be dumping trash containers at the station at night pretending he is station manager

GermanChief
01-23-2019, 11:34 AM
The offense does have something to do with the high number for the defense. That doesn't change the inability of our defense to tackle, to cover wrs, to know where to lineup etc.

Our defense would stink with any offense, the numbers are just more exaggerated with a fast scoring offense.

With a three-and-out-offense they would have much more playtime. The more our defense sucks, the more points Mahomes has to throw.

FAX
01-23-2019, 11:43 AM
KK is poster boy for why it takes zero talent to be on KC Sports radio. In a major market this nitwit would be dumping trash containers at the station at night pretending he is station manager

Truthiness.

FAX

kcxiv
01-23-2019, 11:47 AM
It'd be nice if PMII developed the kind of control over the game that a would allow him to do that, though.

The defense was on the field for damn near 100 plays. Offense ran like 48 plays.

Well they should have stopped the offense and not let them march down the field at ease. They got ran the fuck over in the first half.

morphius
01-23-2019, 11:47 AM
I think it has more to do that he is part owner the station, if he didn't he probably wouldn't be there at all.

This sounds like something he just says to create talk.

Eleazar
01-23-2019, 11:55 AM
I think it has more to do that he is part owner the station, if he didn't he probably wouldn't be there at all.

This sounds like something he just says to create talk.

Thanks to some dim bulbs, it works

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2019, 12:05 PM
60 plus replies to this thread. Kietzman knows what he is doing.

BWillie
01-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Bullshit. This defense was historically bad. Look at all of the bad "firsts" this defense has accomplished. Look at all of the blown leads.

Folks wanna spout this bullshit and put blame on the offense...the only offense in history to score at least 26 points in every single game in a season. 3rd best offense in history, with a QB who hit 5k in yards and 50 TDs....and the only other 2 qbs who did that both went to the Super Bowl.

This defense was absolutely as bad as everyone thinks it is.

Please take a step back from that ledge my friend. I know we are all upset they lost - but no - it is not historically bad. It is actually by design to give up yardage when the Chiefs are winning and give up garbage points. Now, you can argue if we play prevent style defense too much when up, because yes we do. So I do agree Bob needed to be gone - but this absolutely was not a historically bad defense. It was just a normal bad NFL defense. There were at least 5 teams with worse defenses than us.

The good news is we have some talent, and if we can just get a better scheme, we really have a chance to improve.

Nobody is blaming the offense, but that is simply the reality. When your QB throws 50 QBs and you have the 3rd highest scoring offense of all time - it DOES put strain on your defense. There is no way around this. It is an unquestionable fact.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2019, 05:31 PM
Not only did he listen, but then he came here to rage-post about it and give them free publicity.

We occasionally "rage post" about the ignorant cunt because he sadly holds some sway over the minds of a portion of the paying and representing fan base. There are fans who actually believe and take to heart this fool's completely useless opinions.

This in turn gives us people marching around in Cassel jerseys, spouting nonsense about the "brilliance of Gunther" and other such idiotic rubbish. As we wish to present a Chiefs fan base DEVOID of morons, it is of great importance that the lies and misinformation of Keitzman and ANY like-minded media clowns be silenced and/or destroyed at all costs.

Every member of the Chiefs Kingdom should be forced to attend this forum on a weekly basis for a thorough de-programming.