PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fuck you Eric Berry

Pages : [1] 2

dlphg9
01-24-2019, 03:32 AM
Fuck you right in the eye. Thanks for having such a big ego and having such a enormous role in losing the AFC championship game. You cant hold Jordan Lucas' jock now. You can keep all that money, but dear God please just retire, so you dont have to get brutally raped by the football equivalent of a guy who can't get it up anymore.

-King-
01-24-2019, 03:37 AM
Yeah tell him!

Ken Bone
01-24-2019, 03:48 AM
His better days are definitely behind him. Easily the biggest game of his career and he played like shit. He could barely keep up with slow ass Gronk and had he got his head around on that last pass to Gronk he could’ve picked it off.

Berry, Ford and Houston own that loss. Our three biggest stars on defense did absolutely nothing. Well except Ford, we all know what he did.

dlphg9
01-24-2019, 03:54 AM
Yeah tell him!

Thanks bud. I hope he reads it

dlphg9
01-24-2019, 03:56 AM
His better days are definitely behind him. Easily the biggest game of his career and he played like shit. He could barely keep up with slow ass Gronk and had he got his head around on that last pass to Gronk he could’ve picked it off.

Berry, Ford and Houston own that loss. Our three biggest stars on defense did absolutely nothing. Well except Ford, we all know what he did.

Hes obviously as slow as dog shit if he cant keep up with broke dick gronk and when youre a little guy that has to defend big guys you need speed. Haglund slowed him down too much.

SuperBowl4
01-24-2019, 04:44 AM
It wasn't so much EB, it was the CHIEFS and Bob Sutton who released Ron Parker and rolled the dice on starting EB in the AFC Champ game. Every game EB played in this season the CHIEFS LOST. The CHIEFS just kept hanging on to EB because they just can't fathom releasing him and paying him all that money. They knew all season EB was not 100 percent

Dunerdr
01-24-2019, 05:23 AM
It wasn't so much EB, it was the CHIEFS and Bob Sutton who released Ron Parker and rolled the dice on starting EB in the AFC Champ game. Every game EB played in this season the CHIEFS LOST. The CHIEFS just kept hanging on to EB because they just can't fathom releasing him and paying him all that money. They knew all season EB was not 100 percent

tf does ron parker have to do with shit? hes healthy and slow af, takes terrible angles, and cant tackle.

SuperBowl4
01-24-2019, 05:28 AM
tf does ron parker have to do with shit? hes healthy and slow af, takes terrible angles, and cant tackle.So you agree with Eric Berry Starting and the decision to cut Ron Parker, just like Bob Sutton did

FAX
01-24-2019, 05:48 AM
Sad to see it happen this way. It was like a drawn-out, 19-course meal featuring Mongolian Cheese Maggots and Fermented Monkey Brains. Then we get Jellied Moose Nose for dessert.

The crazy thing is we had the game won. After all that and everything else, we had the game won and an off-sides penalty sent us right back to the seventh circle of hell.

Ironic that we didn't win the coin toss.

FAX

-King-
01-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Sad to see it happen this way. It was like a drawn-out, 19-course meal featuring Mongolian Cheese Maggots and Fermented Monkey Brains. Then we get Jellied Moose Nose for dessert.

The crazy thing is we had the game won. After all that and everything else, we had the game won and an off-sides penalty sent us right back to the seventh circle of hell.

FAX

If Dee Ford lines up 5 inches back, we're talking about how great the defense played despite having no sacks. Funny how that one play was the difference between only allowing 24 for the game and 37.

KCUnited
01-24-2019, 06:03 AM
A deformed sole left Arrowhead this evening:(

ptlyon
01-24-2019, 06:18 AM
You mean somebody actually fucking still cares?

01-24-2019, 06:20 AM
No Fuck the security entry procedures at the gates.

FlaChief58
01-24-2019, 06:27 AM

FAX

What's wrong with fermented monkey brains?

Sassy Squatch
01-24-2019, 06:30 AM
A deformed sole left Arrowhead this evening:(
Nice.

Flying High D
01-24-2019, 06:33 AM
Seems clear what Hobospirit has been about for a long time. To bad it took some so long to see it.

Red Dawg
01-24-2019, 06:38 AM
I am fully on board with Berry being a June 1st cut. Save what you can and move on. He's just not worth his money at all and most likely won't take a pay cut to stay. Trade him to the Falcons if you can or cut his ass in June.

Eleazar
01-24-2019, 07:05 AM
You can't cut him with his cap number morons.

FAX
01-24-2019, 07:10 AM
Probably not trade-worthy either given his health history and the way he's played.

Teams notice that sort of thing.

FAX

SuperBowl4
01-24-2019, 07:10 AM
You can't cut him with his cap number morons.Guaranteed contracts SUCK

TEX
01-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Seems clear what Hobospirit has been about for a long time. To bad it took some so long to see it.

This. Berry Ball Washers...ROFL
But the reality is, even though many saw this coming, nobody really wins, because Berry is hurting the Chiefs on and off the field.

Time for the Chiefs to be proactive and part ways with Berry whichever way works best for them. IMO, no way should Berry be part of the team team next season. He's seen to it to make it so his time has passed... No way Id take the chance of any type of a Berry distraction next season..

Red Dawg
01-24-2019, 07:25 AM

Cut in June would be half dead money. Half is better than his broke ass taking up a spot.

TEX
01-24-2019, 07:37 AM
If Dee Ford lines up 5 inches back, we're talking about how great the defense played despite having no sacks. Funny how that one play was the difference between only allowing 24 for the game and 37.

So True. But it did get Sutton fired! :clap:

Chris Meck
01-24-2019, 07:39 AM

If you search "2019 Chiefs Salary Cap", the first thing that comes up is Spotrac.com's detailed cap analysis.

You'll see that if the Chiefs cut Berry June 1st, they'll save $9.55 million. They will have $6.95 million in dead money that will still count against the cap. This is the first year, however, that the team can get out from under Berry's contract. You can get a hell of a nice player for $9.55 million dollars in cap money next season. For instance, the franchise tag number for safeties in 2018 was around $11.2 million.

you MIGHT want to have some facts before you call people morons.

TEX
01-24-2019, 07:42 AM
Cut in June would be half dead money. Half is better than his broke ass taking up a spot.

YEP. The Chiefs need to minimize the hit, and move on. Still gonna sting, but not nearly as much as keeping him on the team, and all that comes with it.

Sassy Squatch
01-24-2019, 07:42 AM
Surgery will prevent us from cutting him before his cap numbers become guaranteed if I'm understanding it correctly. Basically, we're stuck with the contract for another season.

TEX
01-24-2019, 07:44 AM
If you search "2019 Chiefs Salary Cap", the first thing that comes up is Spotrac.com's detailed cap analysis.

You'll see that if the Chiefs cut Berry June 1st, they'll save $9.55 million. They will have $6.95 million in dead money that will still count against the cap. This is the first year, however, that the team can get out from under Berry's contract. You can get a hell of a nice player for $9.55 million dollars in cap money next season. For instance, the franchise tag number for safeties in 2018 was around $11.2 million.

This = VERY DOABLE!

notorious
01-24-2019, 07:44 AM
Go ahead and steal a huge chunk of cap again.

We are going to look back at Berry with bitterness. He will have been a huge contributor in squandering Mahomes low cap hit years.

TEX
01-24-2019, 07:46 AM
Surgery will prevent us from cutting him before his cap numbers become guaranteed if I'm understanding it correctly. Basically, we're stuck with the contract for another season.

Imagine that. What a "coincidence" how that worked out. :shake:

The spirit is cunning...

notorious
01-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Cut him anyway. He sucks now, and brings nothing to the table.

3 lost seasons. JFC

FringeNC
01-24-2019, 08:03 AM

Unfortunately, I think that is correct. How that affected Berry's decisions this year is an interesting question.

Buehler445
01-24-2019, 08:11 AM
Right, so he's having surgery, and if we cut him, we'll have to reach an injury settlement. Is that right?

I don't know the cap situation of injury settlements, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he'll be here next year.

Flying High D
01-24-2019, 08:15 AM
Go ahead and steal a huge chunk of cap again.

We are going to look back at Berry with bitterness. He will have been a huge contributor in squandering Mahomes low cap hit years.

That’s been the theme around here for awhile.

Kman34
01-24-2019, 09:21 AM
He ain’t going anywhere... He’ll be here next year ...

Chris Meck
01-24-2019, 09:22 AM
Have we heard confirmation of this surgery? I've only heard speculation.

Kiimo
01-24-2019, 09:40 AM
I'm a Berry ball washer. He's going to be significantly better next year and I can't wait to watch him play well and all of you cheer him on. Anyone who disagrees can shove a plunger up their ass.

FlaChief58
01-24-2019, 09:44 AM
Have we heard confirmation of this surgery? I've only heard speculation.

Day to day

FlaChief58
01-24-2019, 09:45 AM
I'm a Berry ball washer. He's going to be significantly better next year and I can't wait to watch him play well and all of you cheer him on. Anyone who disagrees can shove a plunger up their ass.

Horseshit. His spirit is as broken as his body

King_Chief_Fan
01-24-2019, 09:52 AM

he will be here with some other reason his spirit doesn't let him play

TEX
01-24-2019, 09:55 AM

Bet you thought he was going to be a "Playoff Savior" this year too... He was, for the Patriots. ROFL

Dude is D-O-N-E and he knows it, and he's playing the Chiefs for all it's worth. Don't let him play you too, or you're the one who may need said plunger to pull your head out of your ass when he does.

TEX
01-24-2019, 09:56 AM

Unfortunately, you're probably correct. :shake:

PAChiefsGuy
01-24-2019, 10:18 AM
What did you guys expect? Him to play at his usual Pro Bowl level when he hasn't played basically all season? Of course he didnt play well. He was rusty.

Reerun_KC
01-24-2019, 10:23 AM
What did you guys expect? Him to play at his usual Pro Bowl level when he hasn't played basically all season? Of course he didnt play well. He was rusty.

Wow..... Homer be homering.... Stupid Alex only fans..

TEX
01-24-2019, 10:31 AM

And it took him 97 plays to prove that? :rolleyes:
Dude's spirit isn't right all season, misses 14 games, is limited in two, skips a playoff game, then when the Chiefs make it to the AFCCG he decides he can go the whole game? And then, proceeds to suck. Meanwhile, a young player who has earned the right to play, sits on the bench and watches Berry get OWNED by Gronk. :shake:

Seems that his hobo-ego is much stronger than his spirit...

Reerun_KC
01-24-2019, 10:39 AM
Dude's spirit isn't right all season, misses 14 games, is limited in two, skips a playoff game, then when the Chiefs make it to the AFCCG he decides he can go the whole game? And then, proceeds to suck. Meanwhile, a young player who has earned the right to play, sits on the bench and watches Berry get OWNED by Gronk. :shake:

:clap:

Eleazar
01-24-2019, 10:47 AM

After he has surgery on his heel and has to stay off it this offseason, he's going to be even more rusty.

Reerun_KC
01-24-2019, 10:49 AM
After he has surgery on his heel and has to stay off it this offseason, he's going to be even more rusty.

But hes Eric Berry, and he works out.

OKchiefs
01-24-2019, 10:56 AM
Still going to have a celebration the day this complete piece of shit is no longer a member of the Kansas City Chiefs. He is a fucking thief.

Meatloaf
01-24-2019, 10:57 AM
In efforts to avoid having a plunger shoved up my ass, I'm going to agree that Berry was rusty as hell. And anyone (including Bob Sutton) who thinks he can miraculously return from season long foot problems to being an All Pro safety is full of fermented monkey brains.

EVERYONE says there's being in shape and there's being in football shape. Clearly, the man was/is not in football shape. Yet many of my CP friends (and apparently even his DC) felt the man was ready to go in the biggest game of the year.

My take, which of course is THE take, is that we need football players we can count on, and for the past 2 years, that has NOT been Eric Berry.

Health issues are so darn hard to deal with both for the player AND the organization. Is Berry going to be healthy next year? How about Dee Ford? One approach would be to cross fingers and hope for the best. Another approach, however, might be to move on from ANYONE who exhibits recurring health issues. Yeah, that'd include both Berry and Ford (heck, and Morse too). I think I'm in the latter camp as my sense is that guys who are constantlly "dinged" more often than not stay constantly "dinged".

With that, I do believe I'd move on from Berry, Ford and Morse. These guys simply cannot be counted on to give you a full season. (Oh, and if we're getting picky, you might want to throw Houston into the mix too although aside for the horrific knee injury I think he's been pretty reliable???)

This is not to suggest that any of these guys are horrible football players nor that they don't give their all. BUT, for one reason or another, their bodies just don't seem to be able to hold up to the rigors of professional football. Very, very sad situation, but unfortunately, that's how it rolls.

PAChiefsGuy
01-24-2019, 11:09 AM

No one put a gun to Reid and Suttons head and forced them to start Berry and no one forced the Chiefs to sign him to a big contract. Stop blaming Eric Berry for the Chiefs mistakes.

Also, I said I wouldnt start him for the AFCC game and half of you crying about him playing bad were saying the Chiefs should absolutely start him cause anything is better than what we have back there.

Stop it with the hindsight bullshit. We lost. Berry played bad in one game going against a good TE.

What'd our great fearsome dline do? Pretty much the whole D played bad not just Berry.

gblowfish
01-24-2019, 11:13 AM
It wasn't Berry's idea to get cancer. It wasn't his idea to have a serious injury against NE in the opening game last year. It's just bad luck and football. Other teams have also paid a player big money, only to have an injury foul up the process. It's just part of the game.

I do think Berry is done. We should go into next year assuming he will not be available. I think there will be a LOT of changes on defense. And it will all be for the better. A chimp flinging shit could probably direct a better defensive than Bob Sutton.

T-post Tom
01-24-2019, 12:46 PM
"The heel surgery could compromise Kansas City's ability to release Berry. An inability to pass a physical by March 15 could put the Chiefs on the hook for $7.25 million depending on the actual language of Berry's injury guarantee. If that's the case, only $2.3 million of 2019 cap space would be gained from the post-June 1 designation."

Well played Chad Speck. You, Mr. Berry & Mr. Haglund have bested the Chiefs' FO and the NFL.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-heres-what-comes-next-for-chiefs-and-how-they-can-build-on-success/

Toad
01-24-2019, 12:56 PM
I had Hope all season. We were close. Hope and I both hoped that Eric Berry would make a spectacular team inspiring appearance.

Later in the season, Hope and I had a falling out. We fought about EB’s “spirit”.

I kept trying to on to my relationship with Hope into the playoffs. When Parker was cut and the subsequent announcement that EB would play in the AFCCG, Hope knocked on my door wanting to come in.

Then, on that fateful night of January 20th, 2019, Eric Berry shot Hope dead.

But don’t fret for me brothers, it’s time to move on from this particular Hope. My heart, this team and the entire Chiefs Kingdon does not need that bitch.

Good bye Hope. It’s been real. It’s been fun. But it hasn’t been real fun...

saphojunkie
01-24-2019, 01:07 PM
If Eric Berry has surgery that prevents him from passing a physical, but also corrects his Haglund's deformity, then I am curious why anyone thinks he won't be back next year playing. If he's pain free, he should be able to resume play at a high level. You all want to complain that he's done because of the Haglund's Deformity, that we can't cut him due to the surgery to correct the Haglund's Deformity, but you don't think the surgery to fix the Haglund's Deformity will actually - you know - HELP.

I mean, I'd put more money on that happening than Earl Thomas coming back and playing at a high level.

But, I forgot this is CP, where the future is absolutely known and will be always terrible.

TEX
01-24-2019, 01:18 PM
No one put a gun to Reid and Suttons head and forced them to start Berry and no one forced the Chiefs to sign him to a big contract. Stop blaming Eric Berry for the Chiefs mistakes.

Also, I said I wouldnt start him for the AFCC game and half of you crying about him playing bad were saying the Chiefs should absolutely start him cause anything is better than what we have back there.

Stop it with the hindsight bullshit. We lost. Berry played bad in one game going against a good TE.

What'd our great fearsome dline do? Pretty much the whole D played bad not just Berry.

Why don't you wake the **** up - then get a clue. :shrug:

His spirit doesn't let him play, then all of a sudden, in the AFCCG, his ego overrides it and he plays the whole game. And you think there's nothing to that on his end? LMAO

MahiMike
01-24-2019, 01:50 PM
Can't cover a broken down Gronk. Turn your ass around and intercept that ball dammit!

dlphg9
01-24-2019, 01:51 PM
Why don't you wake the **** up - then get a clue. :shrug:

His spirit doesn't let him play, then all of a sudden, in the AFCCG, his ego overrides it and he plays the whole game. And you think there's nothing to that on his end? LMAO

Isnt it crazy to think that if he wouldnt have said that shit about his spirit most people wouldnt be so annoyed with him.

Flying High D
01-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Hey Hobospirit, could ya u go find buttons?

Otter
01-24-2019, 02:05 PM

Exactly why he shouldn't have been part of the equation in a critical game. The guy will just not go away. He's an ass zit.

Flying High D
01-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Without him the Underpass 4 would still be unknowns.

Chargem
01-24-2019, 03:50 PM
I dunno, it's not like Berry played well against the Patriots but most of the secondary is ass, I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about Berry sucking in a game when he barely played all year. I have no doubt he put in a better performance than Parker would have. Berry had 5 tackles including 1 stop and I'm willing to bet Parker would have whiffed on 3 of those 5.

People said that was Sorenson's "best game of the year" and he still gave up 75 yards in coverage on 8 targets and played like garbage with the exception of that good tackle on 4th and 1. His reception was pretty lucky, it's not like it was a result of great coverage. And we paid like $5m for that garbage this year.

Lucas looks like he could be a decent rotational guy but was really a non factor in limited snaps.

Ford got paid $9m this year to disappear like a god damn submarine in the biggest game of the year.

I'd be considering cutting Berry if it wasn't for the injury thing as you gotta consider all options, but I have way more hope of Berry having an 1st quartile season next year than I am of Sorenson or Lucas or Murray being in the top 25% of safeties.

Otter
01-24-2019, 03:54 PM
I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about Berry sucking in a game when he barely played all year.

Think about this sentence and then ask yourself why he decided not to go on IR then take a starting spot during the AFCCG.

Chargem
01-24-2019, 04:10 PM
Think about this sentence and then ask yourself why he decided not to go on IR then take a starting spot during the AFCCG.

Read the next sentence about Parker, or all the other sentences about how our whole safety group is basically a dumpster fire and EB was actually the best performing safety that game despite being rusty?

RJ
01-24-2019, 04:14 PM

I have to wonder though if Brady saw the flag and knew it was off sides. He may have never thrown the pick without the flag. Not that it matters.

Otter
01-24-2019, 04:14 PM
Read the next sentence about Parker, or all the other sentences about how our whole safety group is basically a dumpster fire and EB was actually the best performing safety that game despite being rusty?

Wow, we must have watched different games. But good for Berry sitting on the sidelines looking like a hobo for 2 years then jump in during the AFCCG.

He's a true team player.

FAX
01-24-2019, 04:17 PM
I have to wonder though if Brady saw the flag and knew it was off sides. He may have never thrown the pick without the flag. Not that it matters.

Doesn't look like it, Mr. RJ. After the pick, he seemed sincerely upset.

As for the Hoboy Saga, it's tough. Active roster slots and playing time are rarities in the NFL. So is cap money.

This was/is a very strange and difficult situation we've found ourselves in.

FAX

Direckshun
01-24-2019, 04:18 PM
I'd just like to remind that the same Eric Berry who almost certainly sidelined himself for the past couple months just played 97 snaps in a game in the middle of winter.

We got screwed.

Flying High D
01-24-2019, 04:21 PM
I'd just like to remind that the same Eric Berry who almost certainly sidelined himself for the past couple months just played 97 snaps in a game in the middle of winter.

We got screwed.

He played us like a harp from hell.

PAChiefsGuy
01-24-2019, 04:38 PM

We got screwed.

You dont know that. You have no idea how much pain he is in or how hard he has been working to get back out there. Chiefs players and coaches have much more insight into that and they have stuck by him 100%.

But keep bitching about him if it makes you feel better.

suzzer99
01-24-2019, 04:43 PM
Is there some news that spawned this meltdown?

38yrsfan
01-24-2019, 05:27 PM
My employer, like most working Americans, isn't so generous - results are expected.

Welcome to the 'real' world of America.

threebag
01-24-2019, 09:03 PM
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/season-4-pictured-whitman-mayo-as-grady-wilson-picture-id138402862

WWGD?

Deberg_1990
01-24-2019, 09:07 PM
No Fuck the security entry procedures at the gates.

No, Fuck Earl Thomas for getting injured...

Great Expectations
01-24-2019, 09:14 PM
I think there will be a LOT of changes on defense. And it will all be for the better. A chimp flinging shit could probably direct a better defensive than Bob Sutton.

Well we are about to find out if this is true.......

Frazod
01-24-2019, 10:43 PM

Nah. The pass was high, but catchable. Just a lucky (or I guess what would have been a lucky) bounce turned it into a (what should have been :banghead: ) interception.

Fuck you, Ford. Seriously, I hope that piece of fucking shit ends up in Buffalo.

01-24-2019, 10:51 PM
Nah. The pass was high, but catchable. Just a lucky (or I guess what would have been a lucky) bounce turned it into a (what should have been :banghead: ) interception.

Fuck you, Ford. Seriously, I hope that piece of fucking shit ends up in Buffalo.

All I care about is not hearing "day to day" all season long again. If he can't go put him on the IR and open that damn slot up to a person that can play.

Reerun_KC
01-24-2019, 10:55 PM
All I care about is not hearing "day to day" all season long again. If he can't go put him on the IR and open that damn slot up to a person that can play.

Or figure out a way to get rid of him and use whats left of any money to get a more productive player...

Sick of paying old broke dicks cash.

Frazod
01-24-2019, 11:10 PM

I was bitching about Ford, but yeah, fuck him too. I never want to see either one of them wearing a Chiefs uniform again.

01-24-2019, 11:13 PM
I was bitching about Ford, but yeah, fuck him too. I never want to see either one of them wearing a Chiefs uniform again.

This is a Berry thread damnit. We have a Ford thread.

suzzer99
01-24-2019, 11:14 PM
Ford made the play of the game against the Colts.

Sassy Squatch
01-24-2019, 11:14 PM
FUCK THE SECURITY LINES AT ARROWHEAD!!!!!

01-24-2019, 11:16 PM
FUCK THE SECURITY LINES AT ARROWHEAD!!!!!

DAMN RIGHT. Shit already have a thread for that too. Damnit Turtle.

GloryDayz
01-24-2019, 11:29 PM
I guess my honest opinion about the motherfucker was both right and ahead of the curve.

GermanChief
01-25-2019, 12:13 AM
I think it is not fair to talk about Berry in this way. Last two seasons he was injured and it seems that he still has problems with his heel. To let him play in the afccg was the fault of the coaches. Not his fault.

ROYC75
01-25-2019, 01:57 AM
This shit will go on all off season! :shake:

Rawlsian
01-25-2019, 01:57 AM
Or figure out a way to get rid of him and use whats left of any money to get a more productive player...

Sick of paying old broke dicks cash.

I like.

SuperBowl4
01-25-2019, 05:11 AM

Sick of paying old broke dicks cash.Imagine if was your own cash

SuperBowl4
01-25-2019, 05:13 AM
I think it is not fair to talk about Berry in this way. Last two seasons he was injured and it seems that he still has problems with his heel. To let him play in the afccg was the fault of the coaches. Not his fault.Every game EB played in this season the CHIEFS LOST. The guy brings bad vibes and LOSSES. It would be nice of him to renegotiate his contract and give some of his salary back to help out the team because he sure isn't helping the team anymore. EB should have sat out the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game to help his team win.

FAX
01-25-2019, 06:04 AM
I think it is not fair to talk about Berry in this way. Last two seasons he was injured and it seems that he still has problems with his heel. To let him play in the afccg was the fault of the coaches. Not his fault.

The part of my emotional makeup that's still awash with anguish agrees with you, Mr. GermanChief.

On the other hand, imagine you're a coach and Eric Berry walks up to you and says, "Coach, I'm good to go. Just give me a couple of injections and I'll shut down Gronk all day." What would you do?

It doesn't need to be said that teams need to have their best 11 on the field. Hoboy has put is in an untenable situation here.

FAX

Chiefs Moon
01-25-2019, 06:30 AM
When EB decided not to get surgery, he decided he would never play healthy again. He signed up for chronic tendonitis. He could never train properly, he could never play multiple games consecutively. The Chiefs can't make someone have surgery, but I would be interested to know if EB refused. If so, he essentially retired.

bigjosh
01-25-2019, 06:34 AM
Put him on the fucking NFI. A bone overgrown isnt a fucking football injury, he has been paid 30million in his career for non football injuries already.

threebag
01-25-2019, 06:36 AM
I guess my honest opinion about the mother****er was both right and ahead of the curve.

Yeah, how long before TLO and the other ball washers show up in this thread looking for protein?

(It will be thumbs down for all)

GloryDayz
01-25-2019, 07:00 AM

I think teams with higher densities of gladiators like Hill (and other players who tend to play through pain and injury) tend win the ultimate prize. And a player like Berry, stringing the team and fans along with the day-to-day BS while drawing #1 cash for his position, is 100% fair to criticize.

We know, we know, he had cancer....

If he'd like to come forward and change our minds with something more than "it's complicated", we're all ears. Again, he doesn't have to do that, he has a "right" to privacy (and to draw the check), but we have the right to be critical too.

GermanChief
01-25-2019, 04:35 PM
I think teams with higher densities of gladiators like Hill (and other players who tend to play through pain and injury) tend win the ultimate prize. And a player like Berry, stringing the team and fans along with the day-to-day BS while drawing #1 cash for his position, is 100% fair to criticize.

We know, we know, he had cancer....

If he'd like to come forward and change our minds with something more than "it's complicated", we're all ears. Again, he doesn't have to do that, he has a "right" to privacy (and to draw the check), but we have the right to be critical too.
"Day to day" shit. I know, I think the same. But this are decisions of the coaches. I remeber the matches at Panthers and Falcons where he made 14 points as defender. Give him onr more season.

dlphg9
01-25-2019, 04:47 PM
"Day to day" shit. I know, I think the same. But this are decisions of the coaches. I remeber the matches at Panthers and Falcons where he made 14 points as defender. Give him onr more season.

Yeah like 3 years ago. Sadly hes done. He used to be my favorite player. Hell I even stuck up for him this season, but not anymore. Ive seen the light. Berry is a selfish washed up has been.

New World Order
01-25-2019, 04:50 PM
I hate Eric Berry

ChiefoftheKeyboard
01-25-2019, 04:51 PM
We need to agree to an injury buy out. Dorsey didn’t want to sign him but Clark got in the way. Hope he isn’t still on the team bc of Clark’s sympathy towards his cancer. It’s a business at the end of the day, and that contract is bad for business.

FlaChief58
01-25-2019, 04:57 PM

The sooner you realize that the NFL is a business and take emotions out of the equation, the better off you'll be. Uric was good 3 years ago, but has been a hot pile of dog shit since. Time to let him go.

GermanChief
01-25-2019, 05:00 PM
I hate Eric Berry

You hate him? Why? I don't know how I should hate a player of my team. What has he done to hate him? I thought hating players of the favourite team is a soccer thing.

FlaChief58
01-25-2019, 05:05 PM
You hate him? Why? I don't know how I should hate a player of my team. What has he done to hate him? I thought hating players of the favourite team is a soccer thing.

He's like that really hot chick that everyone except you knows is using you for your money but has no intention of ever letting you PIIHB

TEX
01-25-2019, 05:20 PM
He's like that really hot chick that everyone except you knows is using you for your money but has no intention of ever letting you PIIHB

ROFL EXACTLY!
But she does do killer Zumba workouts to give you hope...

GermanChief
01-25-2019, 05:25 PM
The sooner you realize that the NFL is a business and take emotions out of the equation, the better off you'll be. Uric was good 3 years ago, but has been a hot pile of dog shit since. Time to let him go.

Yes, I've learned that football is business. Soccer also is business. But I think the fans should not be too hard to their heros. The business is hard enough. I hate Brady but never a Chief. :D

dlphg9
01-25-2019, 05:39 PM

Not even close. Unless she wont let me put it in her poon either.

GloryDayz
01-25-2019, 05:44 PM

Fuck him. He's soft, lets spirits guide him, and he's fucking slow. Let him go be some other team's mystery roster spot.

ChiefoftheKeyboard
01-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Yes, I've learned that football is business. Soccer also is business. But I think the fans should not be too hard to their heros. The business is hard enough. I hate Brady but never a Chief. :D
How’d you feel about Larry Johnson, Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson or Brodie Croyle? You can’t honestly say you didn’t ever hate any of them.

GloryDayz
01-25-2019, 05:50 PM

He's not our hero. He's a weak, too-secretive, slow, money-grubbing, head case. He's a distraction at best, a bad influence on younger players (teaching them that quitting on the team is OK), and he's wasting a roster spot. But I'm sure he'll deny all of that and tell us what was really going on, and understanding that we get "complicated."

He's anything but a hero.

FlaChief58
01-25-2019, 06:04 PM
Not even close. Unless she wont let me put it in her poon either.

She won't

GloryDayz
01-25-2019, 06:07 PM
She won't

In this case Berry spent the entire season shoving shit up Chiefs fan's asses.

New World Order
01-25-2019, 06:08 PM

Because he sucks and drains our cap.

By far the worst contract we've given (other than Cassel).

GermanChief
01-25-2019, 06:11 PM
How’d you feel about Larry Johnson, Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson or Brodie Croyle? You can’t honestly say you didn’t ever hate any of them.

Please do not mix private and sport issues. The things they did are social problems not exklusive problems of football players. I also don't hate Hunt for his stupidity, even if I think that he cost us the SB. What did Berry to hate him?

smithandrew051
01-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Because he sucks and drains our cap.

By far the worst contract we've given (other than Cassel).

Didn’t Cassel play like a week after an emergency appendectomy? Berry would’ve been decade to decade if that happened.

TEX
01-25-2019, 06:15 PM
Please do not mix private and sport issues. The things they did are social problems not exklusive problems of football players. I also don't hate Hunt for his stupidity, even if I think that he cost us the SB. What did Berry to hate him?

:facepalm:

Really???

FlaChief58
01-25-2019, 06:34 PM

I wouldn't use "hate" to describe my feelings for hunt. More like "what a dumb mother fucker". Berry on the other hand is stealing money at this point and had no business playing in the AFCCG but convinced the coaches that he was the best option. Now we're talking about the draft instead of our first SB appearance in 50 years

GermanChief
01-25-2019, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't use "hate" to describe my feelings for hunt. More like "what a dumb mother ****er". Berry on the other hand is stealing money at this point and had no business playing in the AFCCG but convinced the coaches that he was the best option. Now we're talking about the draft instead of our first SB appearance in 50 years

That we missed the SB was not Berrys fault. He was not offside.

FlaChief58
01-25-2019, 06:59 PM
That we missed the SB was not Berrys fault. He was not offside.

I know gronk was happy to have uric covering him. The only guy on the field slower than gronk was berry

GermanChief
01-25-2019, 07:07 PM
I know gronk was happy to have uric covering him. The only guy on the field slower than gronk was berry

Ok. Hate Berry. I do not.:( Who was responsible to cover Edelman? Also Berry?

Sassy Squatch
01-25-2019, 07:12 PM
Ok. Hate Berry. I do not.:( Who was responsible to cover Edelman? Also Berry?
Whatever scrub that fuckwit Sutton had on Edelman at the time wasn't also a ginormous drain on the salary cap. No one would give that much of a shit about Berry if he wasn't also handicapping to an extent the ability of this team to improve with his horrific cap number and next to no results to show for it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 07:21 PM
Chris Meck wins the thread:

Let's make it happen, it is the ONLY worthy outcome.

If Eric Berry has surgery that prevents him from passing a physical, but also corrects his Haglund's deformity, then I am curious why anyone thinks he won't be back next year playing. If he's pain free, he should be able to resume play at a high level. You all want to complain that he's done because of the Haglund's Deformity, that we can't cut him due to the surgery to correct the Haglund's Deformity, but you don't think the surgery to fix the Haglund's Deformity will actually - you know - HELP.

I mean, I'd put more money on that happening than Earl Thomas coming back and playing at a high level.

But, I forgot this is CP, where the future is absolutely known and will be always terrible.

So Berry went in for surgery on Monday( a surgery he scheduled months in advance )because his Spirit is broken apart about his piss-poor performance against the Pats in the most important game of the year, and that he does NOT want to be an albatross to this team, and we can expect his healing process to be close to over by the time we hit camp?

No?

Fuck him.

FloridaMan88
01-25-2019, 07:29 PM
If Eric Berry has surgery that prevents him from passing a physical, but also corrects his Haglund's deformity, then I am curious why anyone thinks he won't be back next year playing.

The recovery time from the type of surgery Eric Berry is getting is 6-8 months... always bet the over on Eric Berry's recovery time from foot injures... so that means August is likely the EARLIEST that he would be able to return to football activities.

It will probably be another "day to day" extravaganza to start the season.

And there is also the question of can a 30 year old NFL safety ever return close to his old form, coming off another major injury to his foot, and having only played in three games during the past two seasons.

01-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Team needs to cut ties with him regardless . This defense needs bodies that can play. Nothing less. It's worth it even if it costs the chiefs money.

Chris Meck
01-25-2019, 07:34 PM
so, i can't find anything about it, and it might be literally on a contract by contract basis, but I don't think this would qualify as a 'football injury' and if so might the insurance clause in his contract for injury be voided? Meaning that we could, indeed cut him June 1 and collect the $9.55 in cap dollars?

PAChiefsGuy
01-25-2019, 07:36 PM
Whatever scrub that ****wit Sutton had on Edelman at the time wasn't also a ginormous drain on the salary cap. No one would give that much of a shit about Berry if he wasn't also handicapping to an extent the ability of this team to improve with his horrific cap number and next to no results to show for it.

Who cares how much money he makes? Are you paying him?

You are just jealous he makes a lot of money. Again, no one forced the Chiefs to sign him to that big contract. The guy doesnt play QB. He's not going to play till he is 36. It is a players job to get best contract he can when negotiating. If he gets injured or cancer and doesn't live up to the contract oh well. That's the risk NFL teams take when they sign a player.

Get over it. Injuries are not a players fault!

New World Order
01-25-2019, 07:40 PM
The recovery time from the type of surgery Eric Berry is getting is 6-8 months... always bet the over on Eric Berry's recovery time from foot injures... so that means August is likely the EARLIEST that he would be able to return to football activities.

It will probably be another "day to day" extravaganza to start the season.

And there is also the question of can a 30 year old NFL safety ever return close to his old form, coming off another major injury to his foot, and having only played in three games during the past two seasons.

So if he's still on the team he'll be questionable for week 1.

God. We do not need this shit again.

He better be fucking gone.

New World Order
01-25-2019, 07:44 PM

You are just jealous he makes a lot of money. Again, no one forced the Chiefs to sign him to that big contract. The guy doesnt play QB. He's not going to play till he is 36. It is a players job to get best contract he can when negotiating. If he gets injured or cancer and doesn't live up to the contract oh well. That's the risk NFL teams take when they sign a player.

We all care.

KC could sign Earl Fucking Thomas and another starter with the money that slug "earns"

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 08:28 PM
If I'm Brett Veach, I'm dubbing June 1st "Hobo on the Rails Day", 2019:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HwbmufPphP0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 08:30 PM
WOO-WOO!

Sassy Squatch
01-25-2019, 08:32 PM

LMAO Why do you and the other dumbasses think it's "jealousy?" I'd be happy to see the Chiefs pay him his remaining contract, in full, if we could somehow get his cap hit off the books. Unfortunately we can't, so the fact that Berry has been useless for 2 years while being one of the top 5 highest paid players on our team in a salary cap league is going to irritate people.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 08:32 PM
"Dee's gonna' be with him; I KNOW YOU WILL"!

WOO-WOO!

threebag
01-25-2019, 08:52 PM
Whatever scrub that ****wit Sutton had on Edelman at the time wasn't also a ginormous drain on the salary cap. No one would give that much of a shit about Berry if he wasn't also handicapping to an extent the ability of this team to improve with his horrific cap number and next to no results to show for it.

Parker would have been better than Berry29

Sassy Squatch
01-25-2019, 08:53 PM
Parker would have been better than Berry29
Don't get crazy.

GloryDayz
01-25-2019, 09:04 PM
I wish we could text this thread to Berry, just so he knows the fan base that mostly loved him, loathe the idea of him ever being in a Chiefs uniform again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 09:11 PM
I wish we could text this thread to Berry, just so he knows the fan base that mostly loved loathe the idea of him ever being in a Chiefs uniform again.

I can guaran-damn-tee you SOMEONE has linked him to this board and one of its many threads regarding the subject.

GloryDayz
01-25-2019, 09:22 PM
I can guaran-damn-tee you SOMEONE has linked him to this board and one of its many threads regarding the subject.

You're right, I'm sure the Chiefs lurk...

Berry's probably the one who just laughs, he knows he's a fucking money whore, and now that's what he'll always be known for. A broke-dick, slow piece of shit that went 0-3. He lost 100% games he played it.

Couch-Potato
01-25-2019, 09:24 PM
**** you right in the eye. Thanks for having such a big ego and having such a enormous role in losing the AFC championship game. You cant hold Jordan Lucas' jock now. You can keep all that money, but dear God please just retire, so you dont have to get brutally raped by the football equivalent of a guy who can't get it up anymore.

Not cool man.

CanadaKC
01-25-2019, 09:36 PM
Eric...this ass doesn’t speak for a lot of us

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 09:42 PM
You're right, I'm sure the Chiefs lurk...

Berry probably the one who just laughs, he knows he's a fucking money whore, and now that's what he'll always be known for. A broke-dick, slow piece of shit that went 0-3. He lost 100% games he played it.

I'd imagine he's living about as deep in the NFL bubble as he can get right now; players, coaches, alumni, Red Coaters, charity organizers, agents, and most press people still blowing smoke up his skirt.

If you can tune the world out, you can pretty much make believe and justify everything you're doing and WILL do in that scenario.

Ain't really no "facing the music" unless you piss Clark or Rodger off.

Flying High D
01-25-2019, 09:58 PM
Hopefully the new DC won’t play this shit. I’m pretty sure he would prefer warriors over Hobospirit and his jock sniffers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 10:10 PM
Hopefully the new DC won’t play this shit. I’m pretty sure he would prefer warriors over Hobospirit and his jock sniffers.

Do we REALLY want to live a life without the Underpass Four? Can we survive in a world such as that?

Flying High D
01-25-2019, 10:17 PM
Do we REALLY want to live a life without the Underpass Four? Can we survive in a world such as that?

Good point. We must never forget the contributions they made to the organization. God bless their souls. I love them, in a Christian and a prison type way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Good point. We must never forget the contributions they made to the organization. God bless their souls. I love them, in a Christian and a prison type way.

ROFL :clap:

YontsRBake
01-26-2019, 02:42 AM
Berry will have a good year in 2019 after getting surgery.

If we can get Trayvon Mullen in the draft our DB core is gonna be serviceable.

threebag
01-26-2019, 04:16 AM

https://utterbuzz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/huh-1.gif

Berry29, Haglunds and the spirit need to GTFO

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 07:11 AM

With as much as that useless fuck is getting paid (and not playing), hell yeah he's going to have (another) great year...

Flying High D
01-26-2019, 07:18 AM
Fuck him and his great year.

Chris Meck
01-26-2019, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure how long people have to see Berry NOT play to understand that he's done. He's finished. he will not play meaningful football again. It's over. He was a fine player, and I think he's an excellent human, his body has just endured too much and it's done with football. The financial cap aspect as it relates to the team is irritating, but you can't blame the guy because it's not like he's going to have another payday like this.

He'll probably go into coaching, and he'll be good at it, because unlike a lot of star players, he wasn't just getting by on athletic talent, he was smart, smart, smart.

But as a player, he's done.

Flying High D
01-26-2019, 07:48 AM
Now he his using that smart, smart, smart to screw, screw, screw the Chiefs. He’s a stand up dude.

old_geezer
01-26-2019, 08:40 AM
Haven't really followed this thread so someone else might have already brought up this point but, if Berry is going to get surgery to correct his problem, why isn't he already in the recuperating stage? He can't start recovering till after he's had the procedure and any delay makes it less likely he will contribute in any meaningful way next year. :shrug:

TEX
01-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Haven't really followed this thread so someone else might have already brought up this point but, if Berry is going to get surgery to correct his problem, why isn't he already in the recuperating stage? He can't start recovering till after he's had the procedure and any delay makes it less likely he will contribute in any meaningful way next year. :shrug:

The delay tactic has been in play from the get-go. ALL part of Berry's plan. It's "complicated." :rolleyes:

Flying High D
01-26-2019, 08:52 AM
^ He’s not feeling it well n his spirit to have the surgery. It’s been a theme to milk this shit as long as possible while continuing to get game checks.

FlaChief58
01-26-2019, 09:04 AM

He rolled the bones and read the tea leaves. They told him to wait until May

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure how long people have to see Berry NOT play to understand that he's done. He's finished. he will not play meaningful football again. It's over. He was a fine player, and I think he's an excellent human, his body has just endured too much and it's done with football. The financial cap aspect as it relates to the team is irritating, but you can't blame the guy because it's not like he's going to have another payday like this.

He'll probably go into coaching, and he'll be good at it, because unlike a lot of star players, he wasn't just getting by on athletic talent, he was smart, smart, smart.

He was smart, smart, smart, enough to get paid. I pray he never coaches a Chiefs team because as much as he might know about playing safety on the field, but I'm not confident enough he can teach those skills, or leadership, to other players, and we can't take another chance on him being another post-contract dud.

Frazod
01-26-2019, 11:13 AM
I've seriously learned to hate this guy. Everything he's doing is a clear and obvious attempt to bleed as much money from the organization as possible. He'll schedule any surgery he gets to coincide with optimal fuckage to the team and optimal benefit for him, because clearly the millions he's already been paid to be a fucking doormat for the past two years don't count.

Resigning him will go down as one of the greatest blunders this team has ever made.

He'd certainly make a great players union adviser, wouldn't he? Well, him or whoever thinks for him.

crispystl
01-26-2019, 11:27 AM
I have to wonder though if Brady saw the flag and knew it was off sides. He may have never thrown the pick without the flag. Not that it matters.It caught the corner of my eye immediately. The ref gave it a good ride.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 11:47 AM
I've seriously learned to hate this guy. Everything he's doing is a clear and obvious attempt to bleed as much money from the organization as possible. He'll schedule any surgery he gets to coincide with optimal fuckage to the team and optimal benefit for him, because clearly the millions he's already been paid to be a fucking doormat for the past two years don't count.

Resigning him will go down as one of the greatest blunders this team has ever made.

He'd certainly make a great players union adviser, wouldn't he? Well, him or whoever thinks for him.

After what he's done to this franchise, I hope they realize that they almost NEVER "pay" players with the exception of, maybe, the QB.

Berry should have been this franchise's wake up call that the vast majority of players, and to some extent all of them, really aren't there for the team, they're there for their paycheck. We all know that, we all say "football is a business" way too much, so "we" don't need to be reminded, we need to hope that Clark, Andy, and Veach remember it when it when a player who had a good year comes to the office with hat in hand.

And TBH, I'm not sure they should pay PH too much either. NOT BECAUSE HE ISN'T AWESOME, he's AWESOME (!!!!!), but because his O-line combined with his style isn't going to have him survive 10-12 years. So even if they take the step of paying PH, they need to be aware that he's NOT a pocket passer, part of that might be because he has no choice, but his pocket sucks.

Otter
01-26-2019, 11:59 AM
Memba Berrys?!?!?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/cc4e2f7c3ebf18de6b4905a3f3696fd6/tenor.gif?itemid=11218434

Mecca
01-26-2019, 12:23 PM
After what he's done to this franchise, I hope the realize that they almost NEVER "pay" players with the exception of, maybe, the QB.

Berry should have been this franchise's wake up call that the vast majority of players, and to some extent all of them, really aren't there for the team, they're there for their paycheck. We all know that, we all say "football is a business" way too much, so "we" don't need to be reminded, we need to hope that Clark, Andy, and Veach remember it when it when a player who had a good year comes to the office with hat in hand.

And TBH, I'm not sure they should pay PH too much either. NOT BECAUSE HE ISN'T AWESOME, he's AWESOME (!!!!!), but because his O-line combined with his style isn't going to have him survive 10-12 years. So even if they take the step of paying PH, they need to be aware that he's NOT a pocket passer, part of that might be because he has no choice, but his pocket sucks.

It's WHO you pay, anyone with a half a brain would tell you a dude who's had a blown knee and went through chemo may not be the best long term investment.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 12:25 PM

He wants to make sure he can't pass a physical in the offseason so he can't be cut.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 12:27 PM
It's WHO you pay, anyone with a half a brain would tell you a dude who's had a blown knee and went through chemo may not be the best long term investment.

Well those were details/signs the Chiefs appear to have overlooked.

Bowser
01-26-2019, 12:31 PM
So he's waiting until May to get the surgery on the Haglund's? Did he care to explain WHY he was waiting until then to do it? (no, I've not kept up with thread, obv)

Mecca
01-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Well those were details/signs the Chiefs appear to have overlooked.

You mean Clark Hunt? Cause the way all that went down I don't think Dorsey was planning on keeping him.

But Berry of course played the PR game to paint the Chiefs as assholes and then there ya go..

I've always been someone who thinks players should get all they can but as a fan of this team it chaps my ass that Eric Berry has been the highest paid player at his position since the day he walked in the league the Chiefs stood by him even paying him when they didn't have to...and now we get this.

But ultimately it's on the team. They let him play them and have continued to do it for 2 years.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 12:32 PM
So he's waiting until May to get the surgery on the Haglund's? Did he care to explain WHY he was waiting until then to do it? (no, I've not kept up with thread, obv)

It won't be May, it'll probably be like end of February, he's going to make sure he can't pass that physical so he can milk the team out of another highly paid year.

Bowser
01-26-2019, 12:33 PM
It won't be May, it'll probably be like end of February, he's going to make sure he can't pass that physical so he can milk the team out of another highly paid year.

Got it. June 1st cut it is.

As a fan knowing what a healthy Berry brings to a defense - that's annoying as hell. He should have gotten it taken care of this week if he had any intention of helping the Chiefs in '19.

gblowfish
01-26-2019, 12:36 PM

I also think he's done as a player. And why would he want to coach? Coaches put in 12 to 14 hour days seven days a week during the season. He's got enough money for ten lifetimes. Why do something where you have to work your ass off when you're already a multimillionaire?

Mecca
01-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Got it. June 1st cut it is.

As a fan knowing what a healthy Berry brings to a defense - that's annoying as hell. He should have gotten it taken care of this week if he had any intention of helping the Chiefs in '19.

Nope...if he can't pass a physical in March I think it is, something like 80% of his contract becomes guaranteed so you save basically nothing cutting him no matter when it is.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 12:38 PM
I also think he's done as a player. And why would he want to coach? Coaches put in 12 to 14 hour days seven days a week during the season. He's got enough money for ten lifetimes. Why do something where you have to work your ass off when you're already a multimillionaire?

He'd be more likely to go be a VP in the players union, dude knows how to work a team for money.

Bowser
01-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Nope...if he can't pass a physical in March I think it is, something like 80% of his contract becomes guaranteed so you save basically nothing cutting him no matter when it is.

Now, what? If he CAN'T pass a physical, 80% of his remaining contract becomes guaranteed? What in the actual fuck? Dorsey did that stupid shit, didn't he? He owes us a first round pick for Dee Ford after we tag and trade him now. Christ.

Fuck it, cut him anyway and save what you can. We need bodies that can actually produce, not cap leeches trying to make the homeless look en vogue.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 12:42 PM
Now, what? If he CAN'T pass a physical, 80% of his remaining contract becomes guaranteed? What in the actual fuck? Dorsey did that stupid shit, didn't he? He owes us a first round pick for Dee Ford after we tag and trade him now. Christ.

Fuck it, cut him anyway and save what you can. We need bodies that can actually produce, not cap leeches trying to make the homeless look en vogue.

It's part of the CBA, if a player can't pass a physical in the offseason 80% of his contract for the upcoming season is guaranteed.

It just happened with Dee Ford this past offseason.

Bowser
01-26-2019, 12:43 PM
It's part of the CBA, if a player can't pass a physical in the offseason 80% of his contract for the upcoming season is guaranteed.

Ok, I'm getting all emotional without the facts here, lol.

Still, Berry is doing nothing more than putting the Chiefs in a bind, even if he is playing by the rules. I still say cut him June 1st. What do you think?

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 12:44 PM

The illiterate bum only knows how to say, "It's complicated". He's kind of like Groot, just not as tough.

threebag
01-26-2019, 12:46 PM
Even opening up a chance for someone else even a JAG is better than what we have now.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 12:46 PM
You mean Clark Hunt? Cause the way all that went down I don't think Dorsey was planning on keeping him.

But Berry of course played the PR game to paint the Chiefs as assholes and then there ya go..

I've always been someone who thinks players should get all they can but as a fan of this team it chaps my ass that Eric Berry has been the highest paid player at his position since the day he walked in the league the Chiefs stood by him even paying him when they didn't have to...and now we get this.

But ultimately it's on the team. They let him play them and have continued to do it for 2 years.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup.

King_Chief_Fan
01-26-2019, 12:49 PM
What is the requirement for even giving a physical
You cant cut him w/o a physical ?

Bowser
01-26-2019, 12:51 PM
What is the requirement for even giving a physical
You cant cut him w/o a physical ?

You mean in general? I think a team can cut any player for any reason they want, just look at the Kareem Hunt fiasco. But, the player naturally has the right to grieve it with the union if they feel like they're being wronged.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-26-2019, 12:54 PM
Only way Berry not on this team next year is if he retires

Reerun_KC
01-26-2019, 12:55 PM

So why would he want to pass a physical on March 1st then? That pretty much sums up the fact that he wont play next year.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 01:00 PM

The next round of players are going to need to understand that the CBA is what's getting in the way of that contract they seek.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 01:01 PM
So why would he want to pass a physical on March 1st then? That pretty much sums up the fact that he wont play next year.

He doesn't, he wants to make sure if they move on he guarantees himself the most money and gives them the greatest reason to not cut him.

If he can't pass that physical the Chiefs basically don't save anything cutting him.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 01:02 PM
The next round of players are going to need to understand that the CBA is what's getting in the way of that contract they seek.

Players already get jobbed on contracts so I can see why it's in there, if you want that out you're going to have to give in on a ton of other things..like no franchise tag.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 01:06 PM
What might be nice is to have the Chiefs play the game, have their Doc's say he's fine (pass the physical), and force his agent to prove his player is fucking broke-dick (again).

They've got Docs, we've got Docs; they've got lawyers, we've got lawyers; play the game.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Chiefs are losing this game....it's also a bad look to other players. It's probably best to just move on and wish him well and deal with it so you can not have his cap hit for another year.

Bowser
01-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Chiefs are losing this game....it's also a bad look to other players. It's probably best to just move on and wish him well and deal with it so you can not have his cap hit for another year.

I agree, especially considering this 80% rule. Just eat the hit this season and be done with it.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 01:12 PM
Players already get jobbed on contracts so I can see why it's in there, if you want that out you're going to have to give in on a ton of other things..like no franchise tag.

Well I guess I don't feel as bad about others getting jobbed then. If they want to sit back silently and let idiots like Berry milk the system, saying they understand that it's a business, then don't ask anybody to feel sorry for you when you get jobbed because the Berry's of the world fucked everybody but Berry. What's the saying, don't hate the game, hate the playa??? Wait....

Mecca
01-26-2019, 01:12 PM
I mean the other issue you have is if you do move on, does it piss off guys like Houston? I mean it could but no that it should matter he's not irreplaceable either.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Well I guess I don't feel as bad about others getting jobbed then. If they want to sit back silently and let idiots like Berry milk the system, saying they understand that it's a business, then don't ask anybody to feel sorry for you when you get jobbed because the Berry's of the world fucked everybody but Berry. What's the saying, don't hate the game, hate the playa??? Wait....

Berry is basically taking a rule in the CBA and working it, the rule is really there so if you blow your knee out in the playoffs a team can't cut you and leave you with no ability to get signed cause you're hurt.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 01:17 PM

This. No matter what, let him know you'll play with one less on the roster, but his locker will be boarded-up, and if he home-dresses, he won't be allowed in the facility. If he breaks into the facility (LMAO), then he won't be part of any snaps in practice or play any snaps as a Chief.

Mecca
01-26-2019, 01:18 PM
It's really kinda odd how he went from being such a favorite to now no one can stand him.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 01:20 PM
Berry is basically taking a rule in the CBA and working it, the rule is really there so if you blow your knee out in the playoffs a team can't cut you and leave you with no ability to get signed cause you're hurt.

I know, he's a really shitty man too. Clearly he's selfish, and I wish the worst for him because of that, but I won't deny that the rules are on his side...

Hopefully the rules will change, but I doubt they will.

Sassy Squatch
01-26-2019, 01:24 PM
I mean the other issue you have is if you do move on, does it piss off guys like Houston? I mean it could but no that it should matter he's not irreplaceable either.
Who gives a shit? If he gets pissy about it cut him too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-26-2019, 01:46 PM

Berry will not play in a Chiefs uniform in 2019, nor would we want him to. If he had any dedication to this team and to his team mates, and to the the owner and town that supported him 1000% through his cancer ordeal, he would have been on the operating table days after the AFCCG, with surgery being scheduled well in advance.

The fact that he's just jackin' around with his Haglund, shooting craps with Stinky, Oddball, Cornbread, and Tumbleweed down at the underpass today tells you all you need to know.

Do we still save the $$$ with the June 1st cut?

At this point, the Chiefs have part of a D-line and a bunch of question marks. With the exception of said partial line, Spags needs to be given free reign to implement his vision. Houston, Berry, Ford, Ragland, Hitchens etc? Just assets to be analyzed. If they fit and can work fiscally, great. If not, there exists no reason under God to be tied to ANY of them.

It's really kinda odd how he went from being such a favorite to now no one can stand him.

That's what happens when you take the goodwill that was extended to you, and repay it by pissing in the face of the people who were gracious enough to offer it in the first place.
I'm calling it; unless Mahomes, you will NEVER see Clark Hunt get involved in a contract dispute again.
Had John Dorsey been allowed to do his job, we would STILL have Mahomes, Veach, and absolutely NO issues regarding Eric Berrry and our cap, because he would be GONE.
And wisely so.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-26-2019, 01:55 PM
Who gives a shit? If he gets pissy about it cut him too.

This. There's a new sheriff in town and his way is THE way from here on out. If you don't fit, if you want to be butthurt about Berry getting righteously shit-canned, and if you think you're going to get big bucks because our OLD QB was a bag of dicks, and those rates still apply?

Fuck right off and get gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-26-2019, 02:39 PM

FUCK no! Dorsey was trying to protect us, and Clark stepped in and made him acquiesce to every...fucking...thing in that shitty fucking contract that Berry and his agent cooked up. He didn't want the "bad look" of "shorting the cancer survivor".

Once again, perception was more important than reality to Clark but I can almost guarantee you he won't EVER be doing that again, and rightfully so.

King_Chief_Fan
01-26-2019, 03:14 PM
This. There's a new sheriff in town and his way is THE way from here on out. If you don't fit, if you want to be butthurt about Berry getting righteously shit-canned, and if you think you're going to get big bucks because our OLD QB was a bag of dicks, and those rates still apply?

**** right off and get gone.

Don't care for your use of adjectives or adverbs, but your point is good

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Don't care for your use of adjectives or adverbs, but your point is good

LMAO

Thanks? Guess I'll go catch up on my 'Schoolhouse Rock':

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NkuuZEey_bs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

StinkBox
01-26-2019, 04:42 PM
I just want Berry to go away and quit being a distraction to the team when it's at such a critical point. Whether it be IR, PUP, a one way trip to Antarctica or a police escort off the field. Just go away already.</br></br> This relationship...is...over.

RunKC
01-26-2019, 05:06 PM
What might be nice is to have the Chiefs play the game, have their Doc's say he's fine (pass the physical), and force his agent to prove his player is ****ing broke-dick (again).

They've got Docs, we've got Docs; they've got lawyers, we've got lawyers; play the game.

Sounds like a great way to ensure no free agents or drafted players ever sign/resign with your team again.

Flying High D
01-26-2019, 05:51 PM
I was BDB was on the Pats and PMII got to throw against his cap stealing ass.

BossChief
01-26-2019, 06:21 PM

That’s what happens when someone gets raped.

KCUnited
01-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Saving him for Family Fun Day in St Joe.

PAChiefsGuy
01-26-2019, 06:26 PM

That's how a lot of fans are. They love you when you play well minute you don't or you get hurt they turn on you. Not me.

Sticking by Berry as long as our players and coaches do. They know way more than idiots on here about what is going on.

It is a very frusturating situation but that is football for you. Injuries suck. Chiefs signed him though,and he had gotten hurt before. They gotta live with the contract whether they like it or not.

Flying High D
01-26-2019, 06:35 PM
The Last Ball washer

crayzkirk
01-26-2019, 06:37 PM
One thing I have noticed over the years is that Kansas City teams tend to hold onto players past their prime because it's good public relations. The fans like that their team takes care of it's favorite players. The problem with this is that this is a business where the players are assets which are depreciated and discarded.

Can't blame someone for getting everything that they can when they put their body on the line and know that their time is very limited. I'm disappointed that he hasn't been available for the past two years and appears to be making sure that he gets another payday. Not my money...

Frazod
01-26-2019, 06:38 PM
That's how a lot of fans are. They love you when you play well minute you don't or you get hurt they turn on you. Not me. Sticking by Berry as long as our players and coaches do. They know way more than idiots on here about what is going on.

Yeah, we all turned on him the minute he got hurt. :spock:

You are seriously depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

threebag
01-26-2019, 06:46 PM
i wouldn’t even let him come back to watch games or be a part of any Chiefs activities. FUCK HIM and his Spirit

TEX
01-26-2019, 06:58 PM
That's how a lot of fans are. They love you when you play well minute you don't or you get hurt they turn on you. Not me.

Sticking by Berry as long as our players and coaches do. They know way more than idiots on here about what is going on.

That's just it, sometimes the coaches DON'T. Or rather they do, but when a LOT of $$$ is involved, they overlook things. I bet you anything that if the Chiefs had not given Berry that mega deal, he would have been GONE by now, one way or another, no matter how good he was in the past. And, it would have NOTHING to do with anyone, or the Chiefs turning on him. It would have everything to do with him not being able to play for TWO YEARS.

BTW, did the "idiots on here" KNOW to FIRE Sutton after the Titan playoff debacle? YEP! Did the HC prove he knew "way more" by keeping him? NOPE!

And it doesn't take an idiot to figure out what is going on with Berry. It's the exact opposite - It's the idiots who can't...:hmmm:

threebag
01-26-2019, 07:35 PM
The organization needs to make a statement and work his ass right out the fucking door. Then he needs to be black balled from any and all future Chiefs functions/events, facilities and team activities/games. He can sit in the stands as a regular joe eating nachos with Haglund

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 07:59 PM
Sounds like a great way to ensure no free agents or drafted players ever sign/resign with your team again.

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to make a decision based on a team trying to cut out a cancer, not even future prospects. In fact, some might respect that the Chiefs are serious and aren't going to let slacker affect the team.

And I'm very sure, beyond the PC sound bites, that any of the players think he's anything other than a fraud. Players/Gladiators like Hill playing taped-up and dinged sure as hell loath a slacker like Berry.

Nobody likes a Haglund...

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 08:03 PM

It is a very frusturating situation but that is football for you. Injuries suck. Chiefs signed him though,and he had gotten hurt before. They gotta live with the contract whether they like it or not.

LMAO

He's raping the team dude! And if he wants some slack given after two year, maybe something better than "it's complicated" is needed...

Flying High D
01-26-2019, 08:11 PM
The complicated part for him is how can he figure out to continue to fuck the franchise by doing the least possible. If he was on a tree trimming crew he would of already been put through the chipper.

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 08:26 PM
The complicated part for him is how can he figure out to continue to fuck the franchise by doing the least possible. If he was on a tree trimming crew he would of already been put through the chipper.

If they put him in a chipper his Haglund growth would shatter the teeth, it's that hard!

True story...

threebag
01-26-2019, 08:50 PM
If they put him in a chipper his Haglund grown would shatter the teeth, it's that hard!

True story...

His All Olympus work-outs are hard

GloryDayz
01-26-2019, 08:52 PM
His All Olympus work-outs are hard

Can you imagine what Gronk's workouts must be, he bitch-slapped Haglund like the clown he is...

Flying High D
01-26-2019, 09:10 PM
Hagland Hobospirit will get the Chiefs comeback player of the year award.

Because Chiefs

It never ends

BossChief
01-26-2019, 09:41 PM
It sucks that we finally get a stud QB and this BS contract (dictated by Clark Hunt) of Eric Berry’s is gonna end up wasting the salary cap advantage of the rookie contract. It looks like the timeframe KC will cut Brrry is when Mahomes will need a big $ extension.

Because....

dlphg9
01-26-2019, 10:28 PM
I cant believe this threads still going strong lol. I figured itd get a day on the front page at most.

New World Order
01-26-2019, 10:30 PM
If Berry is here next year you have to believe Clark blocked Veach from cutting his ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-27-2019, 05:33 AM
One thing I have noticed over the years is that Kansas City teams tend to hold onto players past their prime because it's good public relations. The fans like that their team takes care of it's favorite players. The problem with this is that this is a business where the players are assets which are depreciated and discarded.

One SB win and I guarantee you that philosophy goes right to shitter, if it isn't headed there already.

It sucks that we finally get a stud QB and this BS contract (dictated by Clark Hunt) of Eric Berry’s is gonna end up wasting the salary cap advantage of the rookie contract. It looks like the timeframe KC will cut Brrry is when Mahomes will need a big $ extension.

Because....

I can't believe I lost a competent, aggressive GM over this turd...

If Berry is here next year you have to believe Clark blocked Veach from cutting his ass.

Eh, maybe. It's a fucked if you do, fucked if you don't situation.

GloryDayz
01-27-2019, 07:21 AM
One SB win and I guarantee you that philosophy goes right to shitter, if it isn't headed there already.

Eh, maybe. It's a fucked if you do, fucked if you don't situation.It's hard to imagine "One SB win" as a Chiefs fan. When you're strapped with dead weight like Berry it's seems like we're chasing the oasis in a desert mirage.

Chris Meck
01-27-2019, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know if it has to be a football injury to guarantee the deal?

Coochie liquor
01-27-2019, 07:39 AM

Clark should just offer to pay him the rest of his salary owed via injury settlement, so it’s not on the cap. Then let him retire. Doubt he’d go for that though.

Flying High D
01-27-2019, 08:43 AM
Should of picked Thomas.

threebag
01-27-2019, 08:49 AM
Makes me want to throw my sons Berry jersey in the trash. Maybe Nelson will take 29 when he gives up 20 to our stud we draft. Then I can just change names

Or hell even Parker when we sign him back

Chris Meck
01-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Makes me want to throw my sons Berry jersey in the trash. Maybe Nelson will take 29 when he gives up 20 to our stud we draft. Then I can just change names

Or hell even Parker when we sign him back

If Ron Parker is a Chief next year, then something has gone dreadfully wrong.

threebag
01-27-2019, 09:19 AM

Yeah, but you know the Chiefs.

The safe play is just change it to a Lewis 29.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-27-2019, 09:35 AM

This. So very very much this. I would rather juggle fresh dog turds than watch Ron Parker play anymore football.

OKchiefs
01-27-2019, 09:40 AM

Eh, maybe. It's a ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't situation.

Royals fans on social media still often want the Royals to keep Alex Gordon beyond 2019, so I don't think a championship changes anything about the average fan being a dumbass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Royals fans on social media still often want the Royals to keep Alex Gordon beyond 2019, so I don't think a championship changes anything about the average fan being a dumbass.

I wasn't talking about fans at all. I was referring to ownership and the "good guy" philosophy. I don't give a fuck if anyone outside Mahomes retires a Chief or not, and neither should the franchise.

Next man>Next man>Next man>Next man> and goodbye when you can't cut it anymore.

Chiefs Moon
01-27-2019, 10:01 AM
As long as Mahomes is healthy, the Chiefs will be laser-focused on winning the SB. Clark is about $$. He thought fans would bail if Berry was perceived to be slighted or was let go.

dlphg9
01-27-2019, 10:02 AM

Most fans that you see in social media are the "trufan" homer types. Theyre weird as hell. I remember when the Royals let Butera go and people were saying that this is why the franchise never wins because they let go of their best players. Wtf

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2019, 10:11 AM
I’m going to go ahead and put this here, because I don’t know what else to do with it:

Marcus Peters would be playing in Super Bowl LIII whether he got traded to the Rams or not.

StinkBox
01-27-2019, 10:12 AM
I cant believe this threads still going strong lol. I figured itd get a day on the front page at most.

It's day to day guided by the hobo spirits.

dlphg9
01-27-2019, 10:20 AM
It's day to day guided by the hobo spirits.

If the spirit of Hag was powering the thread then it wouldnt have ever been made.

threebag
01-27-2019, 10:21 AM
If the spirit of Hag was powering the thread then it wouldnt have ever been made.

It was cheering from the sideline

Walking without any noticeable sign of distress and embracing the “underpass” look

Redbled
01-27-2019, 11:45 AM

Can't blame someone for getting everything that they can when they put their body on the line and know that their time is very limited. I'm disappointed that he hasn't been available for the past two years and appears to be making sure that he gets another payday. Not my money...

Before Mahomes this was somewhat understandable. A team needs some identifiable stars. With Mahomes that goes mostly out the window. Patriots never seem to have more than a couple of big stars beyond Brady.

smithandrew051
01-27-2019, 12:11 PM
I’m sure this has been asked, but has his surgery been scheduled yet?

You would think he should want to get it done ASAP to give him as much recovery time as possible.

dlphg9
01-27-2019, 12:27 PM
It was cheering from the sideline

Walking without any noticeable sign of distress and embracing the “underpass” look

Thats the part that really bugs me. For something that supposedly caused an excruciating amount of pain, so much pain that he couldnt practice for basically the whole year, he never even limped one time. I think he could have played all season, but for some reason that only Berry knows, he decided to sit out pretty much the whole year. He seemed to only play when he thought we needed him. Idk if its because he wanted to be the hero that came in and saved the Chiefs or what his angle was, but he totally fucked us against the Pats. I dont care what he does next year as long as he's not on the field.

Anything he wants to do as long as he's not playing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-27-2019, 12:36 PM
I’m sure this has been asked, but has his surgery been scheduled yet?

You would think he should want to get it done ASAP to give him as much recovery time as possible.

Yeah he went to scheduled surgery last week at Hobo-Hopkins. Told everybody he was in a real hurry to get his Haglund fixed so that he could compete at a high level again. Said his Spirit was in decline over hanging out on the sidelines for almost two years while drawing a huge contract, and that he just couldn't live with himself if he had to do it again in 2019. Said he felt like a disappointment to his team mates, the Clarks, and the City.

LMAO

GloryDayz
01-27-2019, 01:07 PM
As long as Mahomes is healthy, the Chiefs will be laser-focused on winning the SB. Clark is about $$. He thought fans would bail if Berry was perceived to be slighted or was let go.Clark got fucked, as did the fans.

MahiMike
01-27-2019, 01:53 PM
So here's the deal. Has he had his surgery yet? No. And why not? Because he's an asshole. An asshole that got paid. He has no desire to help out our cause. He stole the Superbowl from us more than Dee Ford or Tom Brady.

Almost got into a fight w/a guy from Tennessee at the AFCCG. He's whining about Berry, "But he had cancer!!!". Who gives a shit? That was years ago and has nothing to do with the 2018 season that we should have won everything.

He got paid. End of story. If he really cared, he would have done something months ago. And he sure as hell would have already had surgery as soon as the AFCCG was over.

Fuck him.

threebag
01-27-2019, 01:55 PM
Surgery should have happened as soon as the season ended. Fuck him and fuck his haglund spirit

GloryDayz
01-27-2019, 03:23 PM
So here's the deal. Has he had his surgery yet? No. And why not? Because he's an asshole. An asshole that got paid. He has no desire to help out our cause. He stole the Superbowl from us more than Dee Ford or Tom Brady.

Almost got into a fight w/a guy from Tennessee at the AFCCG. He's whining about Berry, "But he had cancer!!!". Who gives a shit? That was years ago and has nothing to do with the 2018 season that we should have won everything.

He got paid. End of story. If he really cared, he would have done something months ago. And he sure as hell would have already had surgery as soon as the AFCCG was over.

Fuck him.

It's complicated... Well, not the "he's an asshole" and "he's a pussy" parts, but the rest is, evidently...

FlaChief58
01-27-2019, 05:10 PM
KEEP DOUBTING HOBOSPIRIT!!

ROYC75
01-27-2019, 05:26 PM
Thats the part that really bugs me. For something that supposedly caused an excruciating amount of pain, so much pain that he couldnt practice for basically the whole year, he never even limped one time. I think he could have played all season, but for some reason that only Berry knows, he decided to sit out pretty much the whole year. He seemed to only play when he thought we needed him. Idk if its because he wanted to be the hero that came in and saved the Chiefs or what his angle was, but he totally fucked us against the Pats. I dont care what he does next year as long as he's not on the field.

Anything he wants to do as long as he's not playing.

Why do you even put yourself through the pain of speaking about this ?

And FTR, next year will be painful for you because he will be on this team, there isn't anything we can really do with him except keep him!

threebag
01-27-2019, 05:27 PM
Pay him and open up a spot for a player instead of him

BigRedChief
01-27-2019, 06:18 PM
Anyone know or can confirm the rumors that..........berry’s contract says if he doesn't have surgery by June 1st and is ready to play, the chiefs can opt out of his contract, no cap hit, the league would basically medically discharge him

BS rumor?

GloryDayz
01-27-2019, 06:26 PM
KEEP DOUBTING HOBOSPIRIT!!

You got it... I'm going to doubt him until the fucking idiot is gone!

TribalElder
01-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Anyone know or can confirm the rumors that..........berry’s contract says if he doesn't have surgery by June 1st and is ready to play, the chiefs can opt out of his contract, no cap hit, the league would basically medically discharge him

BS rumor?

Interesting

Probably may 31 surgery coming then

BigRedChief
01-27-2019, 07:00 PM
Interesting

Probably may 31 surgery coming thenthere is no way the NFL can force you to have a surgery. But, after some time the player doesn’t want to have a surgery, would a team have an option to void a contract? Seems like a legal minefield.

dlphg9
01-27-2019, 07:03 PM
Why do you even put yourself through the pain of speaking about this ?

And FTR, next year will be painful for you because he will be on this team, there isn't anything we can really do with him except keep him!

I dont care if hes on the team. Just dont want him playing. Also no pain here, we have Mahomes.

Chris Meck
01-27-2019, 08:12 PM

BS rumor?

confusing wording is confusing.

Flying High D
01-27-2019, 08:17 PM

BS rumor?

Somebody’s been at Cornbread’s Cafe.