PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this draft and potential Defense

YontsRBake
01-25-2019, 10:16 AM
1st Round: Deionte Thompson (Safety, Alabama)
2nd round: Trayvon Mullen (Corner, Clemson)
3rd round: best available OL

Tag Dee Ford
Restructure Houston
Restructure Berry
Cut Sorenson, Bailey, Nelson.

Potential defense:

Dee Ford/Nnadi/Chris Jones/Houston

O’daniel/Ragland/Hitchens

Fuller/Berry/Thompson/Mullen

Nickel: FA

Subs: Speaks, Tanoh, Nieman, FA Safety

BryanBusby
01-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Very not good.

bigjosh
01-25-2019, 10:27 AM
If ragland is starting in the new defense, the off season is a complete failure.

YontsRBake
01-25-2019, 10:56 AM
If ragland is starting in the new defense, the off season is a complete failure.

Is it really that wishful of thinking to believe he’d improve heavily in a 4-3 at MLB under a real DC?

ntexascardfan
01-25-2019, 02:12 PM
The Bills traded Ragland to us when they switched from Rex Ryan's 3-4 to a 4-3 front...

That should tell you what you need to know about Ragland's ability to play ILB in a 43.

I'd like to see a tag + trade of Ford for more picks and a restructuring of Houston.

Draft an ILB and a pass rusher with your first couple picks and see if a corner like Rock Ya-Sin (who has been stellar at senior bowl practices) falls to the second of our second round picks.

One of Montez Sweat, Rashan Gary, or Clelin Ferrell will fall a bit on draft day. I

Snag one of them in the first and Khalil Hodge (who I've been high on all season) should be there in the second.

Sweat/Nnadi/Chris Jones/Houston

O’daniel/Hodge/Hitchens

That feels like a really talented and athletic front. O'daniel + Hodge teamed together would give you a ton of athleticism and range in the linebacker core...

Chargem
01-25-2019, 03:39 PM
The use of some people's first names but not others is infuriating.

BryanBusby
01-25-2019, 03:45 PM
Sweat, Gary or Ferrell aren't likely to fall.

Especially Sweat after his Senior Bowl performance. This is kind of a rough draft with how many big names went back to college for inexplicable reasons.

The 2 Bama guys, Herbert and the Auburn DT. That really shuffled the board around a lot and turned an elite DL class into a pretty good one.