PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I couldn't care less about QBs

chiefforlife
01-26-2019, 07:14 PM
For the first time in as long as I can remember, I am NOT drooling over this years QBs in the draft. Not pining for one of the next Manning, Brady, Rodgers...

Not hoping our first pick is a QB and then wondering what to take after that.

It feels damn good!

Our first pick will definitely NOT be on a possibly good QB?

Thank You Mr. Patrick Mahomes II

So.... what WILL it be? A STUD LBr, a STUD safety, a lockdown CB?

Gotta be one of those, right? What say you Chiefs Planet??

Want to hear what position and who you like?

In58men
01-26-2019, 07:20 PM
It feels fucking great. We legitimately have the best QB in the league.

RealSNR
01-26-2019, 07:22 PM
Did you care about drafting QBs last year?

Kyle DeLexus
01-26-2019, 07:28 PM
For the first time in as long as I can remember, I am NOT drooling over this years QBs in the draft. Not pining for one of the next Manning, Brady, Rodgers...

Not hoping our first pick is a QB and then wondering what to take after that.

It feels damn good!

Our first pick will definitely NOT be on a possibly good QB?

Thank You Mr. Patrick Mahomes II

So.... what WILL it be? A STUD LBr, a STUD safety, a lockdown CB?

Gotta be one of those, right? What say you Chiefs Planet??

Want to hear what position and who you like?

It may be hard to get a STUD at any position at our draft spot. Although with 2 2nd rounders, you have the pieces to move up if there is someone you absolutely do not want to miss.

chiefforlife
01-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Did you care about drafting QBs last year?

No but we didnt have a first rounder anyways so I guess I didnt even think about it until this year.

Feels GREAT!

I would love a stud LBr like maybe Mack Wilson or Safety Nasie Adderley?

Deberg_1990
01-26-2019, 07:45 PM
What about backup QBs? Henne is no spring chicken

RealSNR
01-26-2019, 07:47 PM

Keep fucking doubting Chase Litton brah

chiefforlife
01-26-2019, 07:47 PM

Mahomes will change the backup QB position for this team The backup QB will need to perform well on special teams just to justify his spot on the team!!:D

dlphg9
01-26-2019, 07:57 PM
I would take Patrick Mahomes over any human being that has ever lived. Even if that person was in his prime. Patrick Mahomes isnt even in his prime yet. Theres been an estimated 108 billion people that have been born and we somehow have the 1 guy that is better than all of those other people. What are the odds of that!?

MMXcalibur
01-26-2019, 08:02 PM
So I dunno, do we really want to make Mahomes the most expensive player in the league?
Assuming he's still with us in a few years, can't we do a wee bit better?
Right now, he's doing great; but our needs could be greater in another area in a few years.
Certainly, we have some time now to find a replacement who will be on a rookie-deal for 2021.
A few nice quarterbacks were on display in the Senior Bowl today we might want to take a gamble on.
Supposing we do make a play for a quarterback, who do you think we should get?
My idea of the Chiefs future is to deal Mahomes for a 2nd rounder and pick up a few nice pieces for our woeful defense.

dlphg9
01-26-2019, 08:05 PM
So I dunno, do we really want to make Mahomes the most expensive player in the league?
Right now, he's doing great; but our needs could be greater in another area in a few years.
Certainly, we have some time now to find a replacement who will be on a rookie-deal for 2021.
A few nice quarterbacks were on display in the Senior Bowl today we might want to take a gamble on.
My idea of the Chiefs future is to deal Mahomes for a 2nd rounder and pick up a few nice pieces for our woeful defense.

Lol I doubt anyone actually has that particular take.

TribalElder
01-26-2019, 08:20 PM
We need to draft a Luke Kuechly type guy for defense

chiefforlife
01-26-2019, 09:14 PM

Very Funny...

Yes a Line Backer is a MUST!! Still a Safety or CB would be cool too.

big nasty kcnut
01-26-2019, 11:48 PM
Bosa?

Simply Red
01-26-2019, 11:54 PM
Not saying it needs to be one of the first few picks - but we DEFINITELY need to address (more so) the running back position. Somehow. Never see this mentioned since the loss to NE.

Best22
01-27-2019, 12:13 AM
Not saying it needs to be one of the first few picks - but we DEFINITELY need to address (more so) the running back position. Somehow. Never see this mentioned since the loss to NE.

RB was way down on the list of reasons we lost

Williams had a solid 100 yard performance.

Hunt, Charles, Holmes, Johnson. Combined 0-5 in the playoffs

Simply Red
01-27-2019, 12:15 AM
RB was way down on the list of reasons we lost

Williams had a better performance than Mahomes

if he gets hurt - we have a much less effective Ware who's been gimpy and West. Not sure about Darrel yet.

Redbled
01-27-2019, 12:16 AM
I would take Patrick Mahomes over any human being that has ever lived. Even if that person was in his prime. Patrick Mahomes isnt even in his prime yet. Theres been an estimated 108 billion people that have been born and we somehow have the 1 guy that is better than all of those other people. What are the odds of that!?

I’ve been telling everyone this.

suzzer99
01-27-2019, 12:24 AM
Or - you take young Tom Brady because he clearly has a golden horsehoe up his ass.

Rain Man
01-27-2019, 12:25 AM

About 108 billion to 1, it seems.

Best22
01-27-2019, 12:34 AM
if he gets hurt - we have a much less effective Ware who's been gimpy and West. Not sure about Darrel yet.

There are plenty of RB in the 3rd and 4th rounds

Not even worried about it

Simply Red
01-27-2019, 12:39 AM
There are plenty of RB in the 3rd and 4th rounds

That's exactly what I typed in my original post. Not sure why that is confusing.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-27-2019, 03:36 AM
You soo should of used "Could care less" on purpose! Opportunity missed :(

kc rush
01-27-2019, 08:11 AM
My only QB draft care is what the Donks do, and really it's more of a desire for them to fail spectacularly. I want horse face to ruin things so badly that the people of denver hate him as much as I do.

Chris Meck
01-27-2019, 08:14 AM
My only QB draft care is what the Donks do, and really it's more of a desire for them to fail spectacularly. I want horse face to ruin things so badly that the people of denver hate him as much as I do.

Oh, I want him to draft someone that's pretty good; just good enough that they go all in around him, but he's just sort of an Alex Smith type. So they're competitive, but not good enough to beat Mahomes or Mayfield led contenders. (I do think Cleveland is a major contender within 2 years.)

kc rush
01-27-2019, 09:03 AM
Oh, I want him to draft someone that's pretty good; just good enough that they go all in around him, but he's just sort of an Alex Smith type. So they're competitive, but not good enough to beat Mahomes or Mayfield led contenders. (I do think Cleveland is a major contender within 2 years.)

I get that. We lived that. There would be something so satisfying about watching them be humiliated though.

Chris Meck
01-27-2019, 09:13 AM
I get that. We lived that. There would be something so satisfying about watching them be humiliated though.

Oh, somehow I feel like 40 years of just not being good enough would be sweeter justice.:D

Marcellus
01-27-2019, 09:16 AM
You are only a year late with this hot take.

Chief Roundup
01-27-2019, 09:32 AM
There are plenty of RB in the 6th and 7th rounds

FYP

Best22
01-27-2019, 09:56 AM

I don’t want Broncos to be a playoff contender. I don’t want them to sniff playoffs

It’d be cool if Denver could become the new Raiders of 2003-present

MahiMike
01-27-2019, 09:56 AM

Drunk?

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-27-2019, 10:07 AM

Think we could get a second for him?:D

Chris Meck
01-27-2019, 11:17 AM

OMG WHAT THE FUCK!? You are joking right? Tell me you're joking.

stumppy
01-27-2019, 11:29 AM

Uh......er............uh.........yea...wrong thread. This is what you're looking for..http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285388

Chris Meck
01-27-2019, 11:40 AM
I think QB purgatory, where they have hope but have it dashed every time and repeat at 3-4 year intervals is more painful than just being shitty.

If you're shitty, you get used to it and you don't get your hopes up.

If you're pretty good but just not ever good enough, you still get your hopes up every year. And so, like Chiefs fans, you become bitter, PTSD ridden shells of men wandering in the wilderness, scouring other teams' back-ups hoping there's a diamond in the rough that can save you.

**** yeah. I want that for Denver fans.

The Franchise
01-27-2019, 11:43 AM
Bosa?

Yeah, I’m sure we’ll have a shot at the guy who’s going in the top 5 of the draft.

RealSNR
01-27-2019, 12:29 PM
Or - you take young Tom Brady because he clearly has a golden horsehoe up his ass.

I'm about ready to invent a time machine so I can go back in time and kill baby Tom Brady.

O.city
01-27-2019, 12:34 PM
I wouldn’t be upset with taking a qb later and trying to develop him to trade or something

Mr_Tomahawk
01-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Same.

I use to countdown the days until the draft...started every fucking “the official draft_____” threads.

I bought a Tyler Bray Jersey.

Last year I didn’t give a single fuck about the draft. ...that’s not true. I still watched it, but I didn’t get near as emotionally invested as I have in the past.

I think I’m gonna retire from football when Patrick does. I don’t want go through all of that again.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-27-2019, 10:36 PM
I wouldn’t be upset with taking a qb later and trying to develop him to trade or something

Don’t think this is the year to do it unless you just love some QB who has fallen in the draft. Too many needs elsewhere.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Same.

I use to countdown the days until the draft...started every fucking “the official draft_____” threads.

I bought a Tyler Bray Jersey.

Last year I didn’t give a single fuck about the draft. ...that’s not true. I still watched it, but I didn’t get near as emotionally invested as I have in the past.

I think I’m gonna retire from football when Patrick does. I don’t want go through all of that again.

Well by the time Mahomes is done, hopefully we will have at least one SB to hang our hats on and from there it will feel like house money for most Chiefs fans...