PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs One under rated quality about Mahomes

ntexascardfan
01-27-2019, 02:17 PM
We finally have a hyper talented QB who other players will want to play with. His talent alone will help make recruiting quality free agents to KC a hell of a lot easier.

However, by watching a lot of the video and social media content leading up to the Pro Bowl today, you can tell he's a guy whose personality causes other players to gravitate towards him. He's one of the cool kids in the league, not just because of his talent, but because he's a guy other players personally find likable.

Jalen Ramsey was particularly chummy with Pat this week.

Rawlsian
01-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Not a lot of guys went flocking to Green bay to play with Rodgers. But then again, Mahomie is a better leader and not a D bag.

It would be great if Pat becomes the lebron of the nfl tho

ntexascardfan
01-27-2019, 02:22 PM
I doubt we'll ever see an article like this written about Pat.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-teammate-self-centered-aaron-rodgers-isnt-a-natural-born-leader/

dlphg9
01-27-2019, 02:28 PM
We finally have a hyper talented QB who other players will want to play with. His talent alone will help make recruiting quality free agents to KC a hell of a lot easier.

However, by watching a lot of the video and social media content leading up to the Pro Bowl today, you can tell he's a guy whose personality causes other players to gravitate towards him. He's one of the cool kids in the league, not just because of his talent, but because he's a guy other players personally find likable.

Jalen Ramsey was particularly chummy with Pat this week.

I dont think many players care about anything other than how much money they are getting. Sure aging vets may care if they were smart with their earnings, but a vast majority of players dont give a shit about who is on the team that signs them. So id put it at a completely over rated quality.

ntexascardfan
01-27-2019, 02:34 PM
I dont think many players care about anything other than how much money they are getting. Sure aging vets may care if they were smart with their earnings, but a vast majority of players dont give a shit about who is on the team that signs them. So id put it at a completely over rated quality.

Here's a quote from Lane Johnson

“All the media wants to talk about is rings,” Johnson said. “I’m going to get this ring and never wear it one day. I’m going to put it away in a box. The only thing you’re going to remember from your playing days, you’re not going to remember the scores. You’re going to remember the people you played with and how you felt. And that’s the truth.”

And yeah, but your feelings lie in a vacuum of one team offering a substantial amount of more money than others. I feel more confident now than I did two years ago that if we are in a bidding war with similar money on the tables that Pat is the X factor in us winning out. It's not just because he's an elite QB, but because he's a guy other players generally enjoy playing with and being around.

MahiMike
01-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Jalen Ramsey would be happy to see Jim Kelly at QB.

dlphg9
01-27-2019, 03:17 PM
Here's a quote from Lane Johnson

“All the media wants to talk about is rings,” Johnson said. “I’m going to get this ring and never wear it one day. I’m going to put it away in a box. The only thing you’re going to remember from your playing days, you’re not going to remember the scores. You’re going to remember the people you played with and how you felt. And that’s the truth.”

And yeah, but your feelings lie in a vacuum of one team offering a substantial amount of more money than others. I feel more confident now than I did two years ago that if we are in a bidding war with similar money on the tables that Pat is the X factor in us winning out. It's not just because he's an elite QB, but because he's a guy other players generally enjoy playing with and being around.

You can discount it all you want, but Emmanuel Sanders is a prime example.

Yeah it happens every once in awhile, but its not the norm.

RealSNR
01-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Jalen Ramsey would be happy to see Jim Kelly at QB.

And apparently Blake Bortles...

MagicHef
01-27-2019, 03:22 PM
I wonder if his voice will affect his ability to land national ad campaigns. Otherwise, he seems like a natural for it. Personable, good-natured, otherworldly talent, etc.

Rain Man
01-27-2019, 03:25 PM
I wonder if his voice will affect his ability to land national ad campaigns. Otherwise, he seems like a natural for it. Personable, good-natured, otherworldly talent, etc.

I suspect his voice will positively impact him, since he has the voice of a songbird.

Best22
01-27-2019, 03:25 PM

He’ll probably only be in silly commercials/ads for the most part.

MagicHef
01-27-2019, 03:27 PM
I suspect his voice will positively impact him, since he has the voice of a songbird.

That poor bird.

Pitt Gorilla
01-27-2019, 03:54 PM
I wonder if his voice will affect his ability to land national ad campaigns. Otherwise, he seems like a natural for it. Personable, good-natured, otherworldly talent, etc.It's a part of his marketability. I think it absolutely helps.

AssEaterChief
01-27-2019, 03:54 PM
Players aren't taking a discount to come play with Pat...

They haven't with Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers etc etc.

This sport is a grind and it would be idiotic to take a reduction in pay to sacrifice their body and potential earnings when their career could be over tomorrow.

PAChiefsGuy
01-27-2019, 03:59 PM

This sport is a grind and it would be idiotic to take a reduction in pay to sacrifice their body and potential earnings when their career could be over tomorrow.

Right. They shouldn't. It's too physically demanding of a sport plus they don't make as much as NBA OR MLB players.

ntexascardfan
01-27-2019, 03:59 PM

Can you find where I said anything about players taking a discount to come play here?

Reading comprehension is a struggle for some.

Best22
01-27-2019, 04:02 PM
They won’t necessarily take a discount

But if two teams are offering the same $, playing with Mahomes may be a draw over playing with Bortles

dlphg9
01-27-2019, 05:24 PM
Can you find where I said anything about players taking a discount to come play here?

Reading comprehension is a struggle for some.

Well you did say this in the OP

"His talent alone will help make recruiting quality free agents to KC a hell of a lot easier."

I mean thats pretty much the point of your post is that players are going to come here to play because of Mahomes. Its a dumb take, no need to be offended people are calling it out. Everyone has dumb takes.

ntexascardfan
01-27-2019, 05:28 PM
Well you did say this in the OP

"His talent alone will help make recruiting quality free agents to KC a hell of a lot easier."

I mean thats pretty much the point of your post is that players are going to come here to play because of Mahomes. Its a dumb take, no need to be offended people are calling it out. Everyone has dumb takes.

I'm not offended.

The only dumb take I see is you implying shit that was never said. If I meant to say that "players will take a discount to play with Mahomes" I would've said it.

ROYC75
01-27-2019, 05:28 PM
Not a lot of guys went flocking to Green bay to play with Rodgers. But then again, Mahomie is a better leader and not a D bag.

It would be great if Pat becomes the lebron of the nfl tho

I have no desire for Pat becoming a Prima Donna like lebronna is!