PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Does anyone else keep getting logged out?

suzzer99
01-30-2019, 11:39 AM
It's no big deal as Chrome remembers my username and pword, but every time I click my bookmark to the Lounge - after say 30 minutes of inactivity - I am logged out and have to log in again.

Am I think the only one?

chiefforlife
01-30-2019, 12:04 PM
It was doing that to me a few weeks ago. It has stopped after about a week of it.

MatriculatingHank
01-30-2019, 12:05 PM
It's no big deal as Chrome remembers my username and pword, but every time I click my bookmark to the Lounge - after say 30 minutes of inactivity - I am logged out and have to log in again.

Am I think the only one?

It keeps happening to me as well. Started doing it last week.

TLO
01-30-2019, 12:12 PM
Nope.

suzzer99
01-30-2019, 12:24 PM
For those it's happening to - do you have a bookmark that you normally click?

I'm going to try changing my bookmark to the home page instead of the Lounge to see if that makes any difference.

Chief Roundup
01-30-2019, 12:39 PM
Have you checked the box that says keep me logged in, or something similar? That box appears when you have to log in.

blake5676
01-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Been happening to me as well. But only on my desktop. My Surface at home still keeps me logged in. Using Chrome on both. No idea why it's happening but it's annoying and it takes away all the bold from thread titles, etc.

Been happening for about a week.

Dartgod
01-30-2019, 12:44 PM
It's a feature the mod team is testing out on some of the more annoying members.

Thank you for your feedback.

htismaqe
01-30-2019, 12:45 PM
It's a feature the mod team is testing out on some of the more annoying members.

ROFL

Munson
01-30-2019, 12:46 PM
Happened to me all of a sudden last week.

I updated my Mac OS software, and haven't had a problem since.

htismaqe
01-30-2019, 01:07 PM
Funny, I use Safari in Private mode on macOS and the only time I ever get logged out is after a reboot. Putting the machine into deep sleep doesn't even kill the session.

Fish
01-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Yeah, take the hint you jerks...

Seriously though... empty your browser cache. Log out of CP, then log back in.

Jewish Rabbi
01-30-2019, 01:57 PM
ARE YOU GAY

DaFace
01-30-2019, 01:58 PM

Seriously though... empty your browser cache. Log out of CP, then log back in.This is starting to sound like a broken record.

htismaqe
01-30-2019, 02:11 PM

Interesting. A side effect of browsing in Private mode is that nothing is cached. I wonder if that's why I have zero issues?

Fish
01-30-2019, 02:28 PM
This is starting to sound like a broken record.

If you'd just fix your shit....... :D

Otter
01-30-2019, 03:06 PM

Thank you for your feedback. Watch out! The scuzz likes to bring 'friends' when he's losing fights he started and isn't bound to word. Including his own.

htismaqe
01-30-2019, 03:09 PM
If you'd just fix your shit....... :D

ROFL

suzzer99
01-30-2019, 03:29 PM
Watch out! The scuzz likes to bring 'friends' when he's losing fights he started and isn't bound to word. Including his own.

https://i.imgur.com/M22Qfl7.png

I feel like I should be paying rent for living in your head.

suzzer99
01-30-2019, 03:30 PM
Have you checked the box that says keep me logged in, or something similar? That box appears when you have to log in.

Yeah. I just noticed it's happening only on the home computer, not work. I'll try cleaning out the cache.

Lex Luthor
01-30-2019, 03:32 PM
It was doing that to me a few weeks ago. It has stopped after about a week of it.

Same here. It did it to me every time I came to the site, regardless of whether I was using a PC, my iPhone, or my iPad. It lasted for about 3 weeks, and then about 2 weeks ago it suddenly stopped happening.

I figured I pissed off a mod. :D

JakeF
01-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Clear cache so that Chiefsplanet cookie gets deleted. Sometimes cookies get corrupted or expired and stop working correctly.

Don't forget to check 'stay logged in'

Lex Luthor
01-30-2019, 03:36 PM

https://memecrunch.com/meme/BDN96/i-knew-it/image.gif?w=500&c=1

Lex Luthor
01-30-2019, 03:38 PM

I suddenly started having the issue on multiple devices, and then it suddenly stopped. Doesn't that sound more like an issue with my Chiefsplanet account?

DaFace
01-30-2019, 03:52 PM
I suddenly started having the issue on multiple devices, and then it suddenly stopped. Doesn't that sound more like an issue with my Chiefsplanet account?

These kinds of issues are almost always related to browser cookies or cache. It's remotely possible that the changeover to force HTTPS had something to do with it, but regardless, clearing your cookies and cache should take care of it.

Iowanian
01-30-2019, 04:04 PM
Nothing to worry about. It's just the douche fuse panel breaker tripping when you log in.

Otter
01-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Nothing to worry about. It's just the douche fuse panel breaker tripping when you log in.

Are you implying the scuzz isn't a noble man just because he can't keep his own word or control his own weight all while preaching to others how they should live?</br></br>Hell, this man should be made Kahn! Teach me nobility scuzzy!

Fish
01-30-2019, 05:46 PM

Like Face said, it's more likely your cache. The CP server switched from http to https a while back. A switch like that can really confuse your browser, since it's trying to used cached data from the old http address. It certainly didn't have anything to do with your account.

Bowser
01-30-2019, 05:50 PM
Interesting. A side effect of browsing in Private mode is that nothing is cached. I wonder if that's why I have zero issues?

Tis-mah-KWAY? Really?

All these years I thought it was hi-TEEZ-mack

BWillie
01-30-2019, 05:57 PM

Am I think the only one?

Everyday. Keeps happening over and over again - and at no other sites.

Maddening I tell ya!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-30-2019, 06:48 PM
Here's a weird one. My password just refuses to work on my phone. Doesn't work with Safari browser, Doesn't work with Chrome. Tested it on a friend's phone and it logged on immediately. Desktop works just fine.

SuperBowl4
01-30-2019, 08:44 PM

Thank you for your feedback.Am I one of the more annoying members? Asking for a friend

Bob Dole
01-30-2019, 11:22 PM
Must not s
Ay what I was
Going to s
Ay.