PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs When has Brady not been bailed out by Bill's defense?

Red Dawg
02-03-2019, 09:16 PM
When? Had he ever not had a defense cover up for his inability to get td's?

Flying High D
02-03-2019, 09:17 PM
ASS11 could win SB’s there.

Best22
02-03-2019, 09:18 PM
When Bill’s defense blew a 21-10 lead in Superbowl 38

cosmo20002
02-03-2019, 09:21 PM

Yep, he truly sucks. I don't remember him ever throwing a TD

9 SB, 6 x champ

BucEyedPea
02-03-2019, 09:23 PM
I remember Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel losing the SB XLII for the Patriots against the Giants for an upset that shouldn't have been.

Marcellus
02-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Stop posting you freaking moron.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-03-2019, 09:27 PM
The last three SBs Brady has won happened because Kyle Shanahan and Darrell Bevell forgot to run the ball, and when his offense scored 13 points.

He is great, but he's also the luckiest motherfucker in sports history. It's not like he's Jordan out there stealing the ball from Karl Malone and hitting the winning jumper. He did damn near nothing in this game, and got bailed out by inept OCs to win his last three titles.

Red Dawg
02-03-2019, 09:30 PM

I speak the truth. Not once has he been the reason they won the game.

-King-
02-03-2019, 09:33 PM

Against the falcons?

milkman
02-03-2019, 09:34 PM

ricko1112
02-03-2019, 09:34 PM

Instead of being pissed about a game your team didn't deserve to play in, how about being excited with what you have moving forward?

We Pats fans know that the run is almost over. Brady only has a couple years left. Gronk might be done. BB?

I PM is the real deal, you guys will be good for 8-10 years.

GoChargers
02-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Instead of being pissed about a game your team didn't deserve to play in, how about being excited with what you have moving forward?

We Pats fans know that the run is almost over. Brady only has a couple years left. Gronk might be done. BB?

Instead of rubbing it in on another team's board, how about celebrating with your fellow bandwagon "fans" on your own team's board?

Kman34
02-03-2019, 09:38 PM

Dude,.. Just don't... He is the best ever until Mahomes wins 7..

BucEyedPea
02-03-2019, 09:38 PM

Yep especially to the bold! Chief's need to count their blessings or see their glass half full instead of moaning. Looks like they have a promising future to me.

Oh and ignore the green-assed Charger fan.

FringeNC
02-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Forget this game and this season. Neither Brady nor the D was that good this year. Belichick made this dynasty go, not Brady. Give me a young BB or TB, and I take BB without a thought. It's not enough a tough decision.

Bearcat
02-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Two weeks ago? :shrug:

Best22
02-03-2019, 09:44 PM
I mean, the most Joe Montana’s defenses allowed in a Superbowl was 21

Brady is going down as the GOAT, for now

KC has a better QB today, especially in 2019

For the first time ever, the KC quarterback is better than both SB quarterbacks. He just needs a semblance of a defense

Future is bright

LiveSteam
02-03-2019, 09:45 PM
The last three SBs Brady has won happened because Kyle Shanahan and Darrell Bevell forgot to run the ball, and when his offense scored 13 points.

He is great, but he's also the luckiest motherfucker in sports history. It's not like he's Jordan out there stealing the ball from Karl Malone and hitting the winning jumper. He did damn near nothing in this game, and got bailed out by inept OCs to win his last three titles.

Really sticks in your craw ,,, doesn't it.. LMAO

Mecca
02-03-2019, 09:46 PM
The early part of the dynasty he was more dynamic in big games, like the Eagles and Panthers games...the last 3 he's won have been more about them just letting other teams fuck up.

LiveSteam
02-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Instead of rubbing it in on another team's board, how about celebrating with your fellow bandwagon "fans" on your own team's board?

That makes great sense Chargers fan

BucEyedPea
02-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Really sticks in your craw ,,, doesn't it.. LMAO

His whole life is based on envy—in football and philosophy.

LiveSteam
02-03-2019, 09:48 PM
No doubt

BucEyedPea
02-03-2019, 09:50 PM
The early part of the dynasty he was more dynamic in big games, like the Eagles and Panthers games...the last 3 he's won have been more about them just letting other teams **** up.

All that matters is which team wins. You can live in the glory of the path and of youth and you can shove your passer ratings or who was first in this or that down a toilet. A win is a win—not matter how much your envy makes you want to take it away. It will still be there.

LiveSteam
02-03-2019, 09:51 PM
But ******

scho63
02-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Bill Bellichik is the greatest football mind I've ever seen. His planning and strategy for taking away an opponents weapons and exploiting their weaknesses are second to none.

When you add in the fact that since they started their run with Brady, they are always drafting in the last 4-5 slots, many times dead last yet keep finding excellent players at all positions.

They always seem to execute at such a high level: low penalties, low turnovers, few missed tackles.

It's hard to argue how great they are, painful as it is to say as a Chiefs fan.

JD10367
02-04-2019, 07:53 AM

He is great, but he's also the luckiest mother****er in sports history.

Yeah, like the time he got his 19-0 season ruined by a freak helmet catch. Or four years later when Wes Walker couldn’t catch a ball. Dude should have 8 rings by now. The only game they truly lost was last year against the Eagles.

ChiTown
02-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Yeah, like the time he got his 19-0 season ruined by a freak helmet catch. Or four years later when Wes Walker couldn’t catch a ball. Dude should have 8 rings by now. The only game they truly lost was last year against the Eagles.

LOL

He absolutely shouldn’t have a ring this year.

lawrenceRaider
02-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Dude,.. Just don't... He is the best ever until Mahomes wins 7..

No, he really isn't the best ever. Is he currently the most successful ever? Yes, by a pretty wide margin. He still isn't the GOAT QB like everyone wants to label him as. Drop him into the 80's or early 90's and he doesn't have the same success. Period.

Hell, the NFL made rules to keep his statue self upright and on the field. KC was intimately involved in that.

ETA: Without Belichick, Brady does not have a ring.

loochy
02-04-2019, 08:05 AM

When they beat us 43-40 in week 6

That's really just the most glaring example

Oh wait, wasn't there this big time game that was played two weeks ago at Arrowhead? Yeah, that one too....remember the one where he buttraped us over the middle and on slants all day?

RaidersOftheCellar
02-04-2019, 08:06 AM

What’s this 8-10 years crap? Brady can play til he’s 50, but Pat’s going to be washed up at 30? Try 15+ years.

And he’s clearly the real deal. He’s barely scratched the surface of learning how to play in this league and how to read defenses, and he’s already the best QB in the NFL.

DRM08
02-04-2019, 08:16 AM

Those are offset by the Tuck Rule against Oakland, Pete Carroll going full retard on the goal line, and Dee Ford going full retard on Brady's game-ending INT.

lawrenceRaider
02-04-2019, 08:17 AM
Those are offset by the Tuck Rule against Oakland, Pete Carroll going full retard on the goal line, and Dee Ford going full retard on Brady's game-ending INT.

QFT.

Spot on man.

the steam
02-04-2019, 08:19 AM

He is great, but he's also the luckiest mother****er in sports history. It's not like he's Jordan out there stealing the ball from Karl Malone and hitting the winning jumper. He did damn near nothing in this game, and got bailed out by inept OCs to win his last three titles.

And last year he played great and lost. Go figure

lawrenceRaider
02-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Oh wait, wasn't there this big time game that was played two weeks ago at Arrowhead? Yeah, that one too....remember the one where he buttraped us over the middle and on slants all day?

Raiders scored how many in the game in Oakland against the pathetic KC D? Are you really offering that one up as proof of Brady's current offensive prowess?

FringeNC
02-04-2019, 08:23 AM
A lot of credit has to go to the offensive coaching staff of the Patriots. How can guys continually be getting all these free releases for these short crosses? Brady isn't asked to do that much, really. It's pitch and catch. The Chargers couldn't stop it, Brady had multiple wide open receivers against us every play, and the Rams slowed it down a bit, but still allowed over 400 yards.

DRM08
02-04-2019, 08:24 AM
Raiders scored how many in the game in Oakland against the pathetic KC D? Are you really offering that one up as proof of Brady's current offensive prowess?

I would say the Chargers playoff game was Brady’s most impressive game of the season. Chargers have a pretty solid defense and Brady torched them for 35 points in the first half.

bricks
02-04-2019, 08:25 AM

He is great, but he's also the luckiest mother****er in sports history. It's not like he's Jordan out there stealing the ball from Karl Malone and hitting the winning jumper. He did damn near nothing in this game, and got bailed out by inept OCs to win his last three titles.

Luck is part of it and also he has the greatest coach ever. Belicheck is the greatest. I would wanna play till Im 45 as well if I knew I had the greatest coach ever that could help me prolong my career.

loochy
02-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Raiders scored how many in the game in Oakland against the pathetic KC D? Are you really offering that one up as proof of Brady's current offensive prowess?<br />
<br />
No, I'm offering it as a counter to the moronic OP that asked "When has Brady not been bailed out by Bill's defense?"<br />
<br />
Those were both times that Brady was not bailed out by Bill's Defense.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
02-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Shi. Docotor Tard's bunghole still stretchy-stretchy from dis-a-Oz-style gang a-rape by Tom Gaydy and NFL officirals sticky in constantry for Champrionship Game rapey.

lawrenceRaider
02-04-2019, 08:30 AM
I would say the Chargers playoff game was Brady’s most impressive game of the season. Chargers have a pretty solid defense and Brady torched them for 35 points in the first half.

Terrible coaching by the Chargers in that one. Totally unprepared.

Of course the *Pats OL being given a total license to hold the Chargers pass rushers was a huge assist in that. Not that this is unusual. Watch any *Pats game and you'll see their OL pulling all kinds of WWE moves with few, if any, flags.

Marcellus
02-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Brady threw for 466 yards and 2 TDs against Atlanta - Won

Brady threw for 505 yards and 3 TD against Eagles and lost.

Just STFU with the OP.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-04-2019, 09:14 AM

In the spirit of fairness, I believe Pete Carroll gifted you one of the six...

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Also, Brady played poorly most of the night, however, on that last TD drive he dropped a couple of dimes into Gronk. I'm hoping Pat does that when he's 41 and at the end to get number 7 or 8... I also hope I'm still alive to see it.:drool:

B_Ambuehl
02-04-2019, 09:21 AM
The #1 thing Belichik does is make the game simple. The Pats ran the same play 3 times in their TD drive last night.

https://twitter.com/tylerhasty/status/1092250026078887936

They went 2 Tight ends and 2 backs and got the Rams in base personnel then went to that play.

Most coaches outsmart themselves. There are a lot of coaches who won't run the same play for 3 months during an entire season, much less 3 times in 1 drive.

WhiteWhale
02-04-2019, 10:33 AM
The #1 thing Belichik does is make the game simple. The Pats ran the same play 3 times in their TD drive last night.

They went 2 Tight ends and 2 backs and got the Rams in base personnel then went to that play.

Most coaches outsmart themselves. There are a lot of coaches who won't run the same play for 3 months during an entire season, much less 3 times in 1 drive.

I've seen Belichick run the same play on consecutive downs a LOT in my life.

Usually right after it fails too. Usually because of poor execution. 'Do it again' and then it works.

loochy
02-04-2019, 10:49 AM

he was just keeping it vanilla so he can unleash the real plays next year /cp

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
02-04-2019, 10:53 AM
In the spirit of fairness, I believe Pete Carroll gifted you one of the six...

Shi. Shoulda ran the Beast-a-mode.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
02-04-2019, 10:54 AM
he was just keeping it vanilla so he can unleash the real plays next year /cp

ROFL this a loochy is funny with-a the sarcrasm!

loochy
02-04-2019, 10:57 AM
ROFL this a loochy is funny with-a the sarcrasm!

Why you talk-a like-a the Super Mario?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CelebratedMinorCaecilian-size_restricted.gif

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2019, 10:58 AM
When has tuckdaddy not been a complete fucking moron?

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
02-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Why you talk-a like-a the Super Mario?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CelebratedMinorCaecilian-size_restricted.gif

No font for Chinese accent?

eDave
02-04-2019, 11:00 AM

Post of the year.

loochy
02-04-2019, 11:00 AM
No font for Chinese accent?

粗楷体简

CanadaKC
02-04-2019, 11:05 AM
The GOAT has now become the GLOAT. His smug videos with Gronk you just want to slap him acros the face

Coochie liquor
02-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Bill Bellichik is the greatest football mind I've ever seen. His planning and strategy for taking away an opponents weapons and exploiting their weaknesses are second to none.

When you add in the fact that since they started their run with Brady, they are always drafting in the last 4-5 slots, many times dead last yet keep finding excellent players at all positions.

They always seem to execute at such a high level: low penalties, low turnovers, few missed tackles.

It's hard to argue how great they are, painful as it is to say as a Chiefs fan.

Very much how I feel!

Deberg_1990
02-04-2019, 12:09 PM
How many Titles would Brady have won in his career without Belichick?

Like if he had played for the Raiders or Dolphins his entire career?

Did Belichick make Brady or Brady made Belichick?

WhiteWhale
02-04-2019, 12:11 PM

Who the **** was Belichick before Brady?

Other than that good DC who got fired from Cleveland and went 5-11 in his first season pre-brady.

I think they both benefit immensely from each other.

htismaqe
02-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Who the fuck was Belichick before Brady?

That's easy.

WhiteWhale
02-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Yep especially to the bold! Chief's need to count their blessings or see their glass half full instead of moaning. Looks like they have a promising future to me.

Oh and ignore the green-assed Charger fan.

Stop pretending you'll still be a pats fan when their day has passed.

Eleazar
02-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Dumbest CP poster of all time reminds us what sets him apart from the rest

Rawlsian
02-04-2019, 12:33 PM
ASS11 could win SB’s there.

ROFL

Seriously??

Rawlsian
02-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Despite what we keep hearing about this being a passing league the top defenses seem to come thru down the stretch

BucEyedPea
02-04-2019, 01:16 PM
Forget this game and this season. Neither Brady nor the D was that good this year. Belichick made this dynasty go, not Brady. Give me a young BB or TB, and I take BB without a thought. It's not enough a tough decision.

The Patriots were the better team the years they lost to the Giants twice and the Eagles. It happens. The team with the better season doesn't always win the SB. In fact the Giants snapped the Patriot's perfect season away in SB XL11. Here, both the Rams and the Chiefs were the better team but didn't win the right game. Frankly, I think you're better off losing the Championship and not getting to the SB, because most QBs, the exception being Elway, don't get back to a SB again. Not saying it can't happen, but it's more the exception and not the rule with the exception proving the rule.

I also think it's a dubious claim to say Belichick made this dynasty and it had nothing to do with Brady. Just look at BB's record before he teamed up with Brady. It wasn't good. In fact he was fired from the Cleveland Browns for his losing record. Bledsoe didn't win a SB under BB either. I more arguable claim would be that Brady made BB. Just because he played one lousy SB game doesn't change that.

How 'bout making a case based on some facts.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Despite what we keep hearing about this being a passing league the top defenses seem to come thru down the stretch

The Chiefs scored 31 points in the second half vs. the Pats...

BucEyedPea
02-04-2019, 01:31 PM

You need to reverse your question. Tell me how well BB did before he teamed up with Brady?

BucEyedPea
02-04-2019, 01:33 PM

Most Patriot's SB wins were by 3 points, one at 4 points with what happened against the Falcons being an anomaly at 34-28.
No different here.

DRM08
02-04-2019, 01:36 PM
The Patriots were the better team the years they lost to the Giants twice and the Eagles. It happens. The team with the better season doesn't always win the SB. In fact the Giants snapped the Patriot's perfect season away in SB XL11. Here, both the Rams and the Chiefs were the better team but didn't win the right game. Frankly, I think you're better off losing the Championship and not getting to the SB, because most QBs, the exception being Elway, don't get back to a SB again. Not saying it can't happen, but it's more the exception and not the rule with the exception proving the rule.

I also think it's a dubious claim to say Belichick made this dynasty and it had nothing to do with Brady. Just look at BB's record before he teamed up with Brady. It wasn't good. In fact he was fired from the Cleveland Browns for his losing record. Bledsoe didn't win a SB under BB either. I more arguable claim would be that Brady made BB. Just because he played one lousy SB game doesn't change that.

How 'bout making a case based on some facts.

Brady was not great in their first two Super Bowl wins. He also got bailed out on his fumble against the Raiders by the Tuck Rule. If they lost that game, who knows how it might have played out. They took advantage of the fortunate break and then Belichick’s defense was phenomenal against Kurt Warner’s Rams offense.

I would give Belichick most of the credit for the first two Super Bowls plus the latest one. Defense was the primary reason they won those 3 rings. But I would give Brady most of the credit for their other 3 rings. He was phenomenal against the Falcons in particular. Belichick’s defense gets the blame for their 3 losses.

scho63
02-04-2019, 01:49 PM

I don't think it's an either or?

They are two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly. One wouldn't be the success they are without the other. They make each other great.

BucEyedPea
02-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Brady was not great in their first two Super Bowl wins. He also got bailed out on his fumble against the Raiders by the Tuck Rule. If they lost that game, who knows how it might have played out. They took advantage of the fortunate break and then Belichick’s defense was phenomenal against Kurt Warner’s Rams offense.

That's what they do. As for Brady, he wasn't seasoned and experienced yet. He got better.

I would give Belichick most of the credit for the first two Super Bowls plus the latest one. Defense was the primary reason they won those 3 rings. But I would give Brady most of the credit for their other 3 rings. He was phenomenal against the Falcons in particular. Belichick’s defense gets the blame for their 3 losses.

Their defense was definitely a big factor there. Vrabel Milloy, Brusci, Washington, Seymour and Harrison. Loved those guys.

BucEyedPea
02-04-2019, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's an either or?

They are two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly. One wouldn't be the success they are without the other. They make each other great.
I can accept this. It went through my mind a few times. Sometimes it's a combination that just really clicks.

Rawlsian
02-04-2019, 02:05 PM

After a half of doing nothing

LoneWolf
02-04-2019, 10:01 PM
The Patriots were the better team the years they lost to the Giants twice and the Eagles.

How would you know if the Patriots were better than the Eagles since you boycotted the NFL last season and didn’t watch the Super Bowl?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2019, 10:04 PM

Let's not forget that the Pats were trailing the Steelers in the AFCCG before Bledsoe came in for an injured Brady and led them to victory. That first SB was about as lucky as you can get.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2019, 10:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Brady&#39;s offense in his 6 Super Bowl wins:<br><br>144 points on 69 drives (2.09 points per drive)<br><br>Aaron Rodgers&#39; offense in his 7 playoff losses:<br><br>172 points on 72 drives (2.39 points per drive)</p>&mdash; Barry McCockiner (@SportsTalkBarry) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1092623219218108416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RaidersOftheCellar
02-04-2019, 10:44 PM
Tell me that Alex Smith couldn’t have done what Brady did yesterday.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2019, 10:56 PM

I doubt he makes that throw to Gronk with the game on the line.

On the other hand, he probably would have picked up 50 yards with his legs so it's kind of a wash.

But at the end of the day he's not even in the SB because he doesn't pull off what Brady did in the AFC Championship.

Rawlsian
02-04-2019, 11:22 PM

Elite defensive play tho. Did you see what Smith did against a young Steelers defense? Hell to the nooooooo

Hammock Parties
02-04-2019, 11:38 PM
https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51275665_2183010488385843_7702662926389215232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=e2cfdaebd9c71f930ae0fd81b162a845&oe=5CF93F30

BucEyedPea
02-05-2019, 11:40 PM
How would you know if the Patriots were better than the Eagles since you boycotted the NFL last season and didn’t watch the Super Bowl?

That doesn't mean I live under a rock, and don't keep up with who is winning or not. You know there's such a thing as sports media too—logicFAIL.
You are a pathetic and bitter man.

LoneWolf
02-06-2019, 04:45 AM
That doesn't mean I live under a rock, and don't keep up with who is winning or not. You know there's such a thing as sports media too—logicFAIL.

I’m pathetic and bitter because I asked a legitimate question? You’ve stated you boycotted the NFL last season and yet you make a definitive statement that the Patriots were a better team than the Eagles last season. I was simply curious as to how you could make such a statement without watching a single NFL game last season. I assumed since you were boycotting the NFL that you weren’t spending a lot of time watching analysis of the games and reading breakdowns from NFL experts on the strengths and weaknesses of each team.

Red Dawg
02-06-2019, 06:25 AM
https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51275665_2183010488385843_7702662926389215232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=e2cfdaebd9c71f930ae0fd81b162a845&oe=5CF93F30

What a shocker. Refs help them again. What a joke of a league. Bradys whole career is just refs letting him win. Sham of a career.

shocked
02-07-2019, 07:31 PM

You mean Brady's first two playoff wins? Because Brady's 2nd Super Bowl win in 2003 turned into a 32-29 shoot out against Carolina. Brady's stats:

Cmp Att Yds TD In
32 48 354 3 1

Really, it goes back and forth between Belichick and Brady in the playoffs. When the Patriots offense sucks, the D steps up and keeps it a low scoring game. When the D flops, Brady will step up and throw 50+ attempts and takeover the game and score last. That's why they are 6x champs; it's hard to beat them on both sides of the ball.

MTG#10
02-07-2019, 07:34 PM

And you are a worthless insufferable cunt.

Red Dawg
02-07-2019, 07:44 PM
This season Brady was average at best. Defense bailed his ass out. If you give Mahomes Bills defense we go 19-0. If you give Brady Suttons defense they miss the playoffs. Brady has had every advantage every year. Very good defense and an OL. Same coach every year, same system every year. Weak ass division every year. Hes a great player but he's not always the reason they win. Most years he's not. He sells the hard work and team meassage better than anyone. That's his real greatness.

Angry fan
02-07-2019, 11:01 PM

Any word on why this wasn't called? I noticed this live.

Maybe they listened to Andy Reid complaining and decided to only give Gronk a warning.ROFL

That being said, if we're being fair to the Patriots, on NFL Films John Parry warned Aaron Donald not to throw Brady down like that again or he'll get a flag. So the Rams got a warning too. The NFL must hate the Chiefs.:shrug:

Angry fan
02-07-2019, 11:10 PM
This season Brady was average at best. Defense bailed his ass out. If you give Mahomes Bills defense we go 19-0. If you give Brady Suttons defense they miss the playoffs. Brady has had every advantage every year. Very good defense and an OL. Same coach every year, same system every year. Weak ass division every year. Hes a great player but he's not always the reason they win. Most years he's not. He sells the hard work and team meassage better than anyone. That's his real greatness.

Mahomes would still be scoring in 3 minutes, "Bills defense" would be gassed. And then it would be a shootout all over. I'm telling you, Andy Reid is the problem. You can't just have Mahomes scoring quick every drive. You'll kill your defense.

Brady's real greatness is his football IQ. He's a field general. It's almost like having an offensive coordinator on the field. Same with Manning. I think it took years for Brady and Manning to reach that level. If Mahomes is able to soak things in as quick as they say, Mahomes will be at that level in his 3rd-4th season starting?:shrug:

I don't think Brady has had every advantage every year. Wasn't the Patriots defense ranked down there in 2011? Wasn't Brady getting hit like 20 times a game in 2015, I remember him getting killed in that championship game. Then they brought back that o-line coach of theirs. So not always so. But they seem to make the best of what they got. That's impressive.

dlphg9
02-08-2019, 12:59 AM
Why is this retard allowed to post threads?

stevegroganfan
02-08-2019, 03:44 AM
Patriots fan here... I think Patriots under BB are kind of taking advantage of pricing mistakes in the FA market place whenever possible. Cooks this year will get more than Edelman has got for his career.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/17/brandin-cooks-contract-extension-shows-why-patriots-moved-on/

They have rarely had a top 5 or even top 10 paid receiver since except for Moss for 3 years, they have never had high priced outside receivers. Deion Branch was kind of a very good #2 receiver who won Super Bowl MVP and BB let him walk or traded him when he wanted too much money. When the Patriots recently had Brandin Cooks from what I have seen, he was just paid 1.5 million and now he is on a huge deal with Rams. Patriots basically just "rented" Cooks for one year for a modest price.

So Brady's numbers have been anywhere between "good" to all time great in different years but he outside of Moss for one year, he has never been working with truly great receiving talent.

BB seems to like investing a little more on defense and special teams than typical coach. And the investments on offense tend to be on top notch offensive lineman if he has a good deal of confidence in them and thinks their salaries are reasonable.

The Patriots are lucky since Brady is exceptional at throwing to slot receivers and those receivers tend to be paid less but I would argue are more valuable if they are elite to someone like Brady than let's say Brandin Cooks.

Patriots seem to invest in depth a little bit more than typical team even if it means getting rid of players like Richard Seymour or Chandler Jones. they still give out some big contracts but pretty selective about it.

Red Dawg
02-08-2019, 06:40 AM

You shouldn't use that word. Very rude to those with unfortunate family members. You don't like it, don't post.

02-08-2019, 06:40 AM

Lol you’re a Bucs fan too (only if they’re doing well of course). You’re a bandwagon fan that lives in Florida. I never get the people who have two favorite teams they follow.

02-08-2019, 06:41 AM

Crying again?

ROFL