PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who else feels worse than they did after the Pats loss?

RunKC
02-03-2019, 09:58 PM
We would have won the Super Bowl tonight. The only reason the Rams were even in the game against us was bc it was emotional (LA fires), they played at home and Mahomes made some rookie mistakes he wouldn’t have made again.

Scandrick and Parker were benched, Gurley was clearly hurting very badly. I don’t think Goff would have outduelled Pat. You could totally tell the lights were too big for him which has never happened to Pat.

Goddamnit man. I know we have a great shot at it next year but this sucks.

MahiMike
02-03-2019, 09:59 PM
Yup

Rain Man
Don't forget the 11 penalties or whatever it was in the first quarter that handed the Rams a two-touchdown lead before the refs would let the Chiefs start playing.

Yeah, the Chiefs were one Patriot official's flag from winning the big trophy this year.

LiveSteam
Ford lines up properly.. KCs headed to the SB

Best22
02-03-2019, 10:00 PM
In the end, the team with the best run defense and line won.

Time to fix our leaky run defense. It’s important, even in 2019

staylor26
02-03-2019, 10:00 PM
No way the Rams best us twice with that turd

Dee Ford costed us a SB. He can fuck off

RunKC
02-03-2019, 10:04 PM
In the end, the team with the best run defense and line won.

Time to fix our leaky run defense. It’s important, even in 2019

Yup been saying it for awhile. Our focus has to be the running fame on both sides of the ball.

At this point I wouldn’t be mad if the Chiefs drafted a RB at 29 if it were a deserving player like Josh Jacobs.

Even with Pat this offense stalled at times. Let’s help this man out.

Deberg_1990
02-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Ford lines up properly.. KCs headed to the SB

Hunt doesn’t kick that girl, KCs headed to the SB

Reerun_KC
02-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Nope. I know our limitations. It is what it is.

staylor26
02-03-2019, 10:06 PM

Peters doesn’t get traded, KC wins the SB (probably had to happen though)

Reerun_KC
02-03-2019, 10:07 PM

Fat Andy doesn’t fat Andy. ,KC’d headed to the super bowl..,

staylor26
02-03-2019, 10:07 PM

What exactly did Reid do to put it on him?

Buehler445
02-03-2019, 10:08 PM
Agreed.

It's not just Ford. It's suttons retarded ass gameplan, and Reids complete fucking failure of an initial gameplan.

Fuck. GOD FUCK.

FloridaMan88
02-03-2019, 10:09 PM

He didn’t fire Bob Sutton after last year’s playoff dumpster fire.

FringeNC
02-03-2019, 10:09 PM
Agreed.

It's not just Ford. It's suttons retarded ass gameplan, and Reids complete ****ing failure of an initial gameplan.

****. GOD ****.

Offensive line was ass-raped in the first half. Blame those guys.

Reerun_KC
02-03-2019, 10:10 PM

Not firing Bob Sutton years ago.

Reerun_KC
02-03-2019, 10:10 PM
He didn’t fire Bob Sutton after last year’s playoff dumpster fire.

This....

BigRedChief
02-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Dee Ford lines up correctly, we are Super Bowl champions. I’m feeling really disappointed tonight. Way worse than after the loss in 2 weeks ago. I hope the players feel the same way.

Buehler445
Offensive line was ass-raped in the first half. Blame those guys.

I put that on Reid. There were free rushers fucking everywhere. Reid didn't plan the protections right.

FringeNC

And after watching tonight's game, name three coaches in the NFL you'd rather have than Andy Reid. He's no BB, but he's elite. JFC, look at all the hot garbage head coaches.

staylor26
02-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Not firing Bob Sutton years ago.

Even with Bob Sutton, this team wins a SB if Ford just lines up correctly like he does 99% of the time.

-King-
02-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Think I would have felt worse if the Rams won. I'm honestly having too much fun laughing at how shitty the game was too even be upset at anything.

Reerun_KC
02-03-2019, 10:13 PM
And after watching tonight's game, name three coaches in the NFL you'd rather have than Andy Reid. He's no BB, but he's elite. JFC, look at all the hot garbage head coaches.

Yeah totally missed the point here. ^^^^^^

DRM08
Yup been saying it for awhile. Our focus has to be the running fame on both sides of the ball.

At this point I wouldn’t be mad if the Chiefs drafted a RB at 29 if it were a deserving player like Josh Jacobs.

Even with Pat this offense stalled at times. Let’s help this man out.

The RB is not the issue. Soft OL is a bigger problem that needs to be fixed.

Reerun_KC
Even with Bob Sutton, this team wins a SB if Ford just lines up correctly like he does 99% of the time.

And they didn’t. and he didn’t and in OT exposed.

Why Not?
02-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Think I would have felt worse if the Rams won. I'm honestly having too much fun laughing at how shitty the game was too even be upset at anything.

This! Also, what about a Bob Sutton led defense would lead anyone to believe we would’ve held the Rams to 3 points?

Reerun_KC
02-03-2019, 10:14 PM
This! Also, what about a Bob Sutton led defense would lead anyone to believe we would’ve held the Rams to 3 points?

Yip

Frazod
02-03-2019, 10:16 PM
I'm just glad it's fucking over. On to next season.

Although I still hope Dee Ford dies of flaming ass cancer.

BucEyedPea
02-03-2019, 10:16 PM
Who else feels worse than they did after the Pats loss?

Not I.

Reerun_KC
02-03-2019, 10:17 PM
I'm just glad it's ****ing over. On to next season.

Just flaming ass cancer and not flaming buckets of aids ass cancer?

FringeNC
02-03-2019, 10:19 PM
I'm just glad it's ****ing over. On to next season.

At least let someone else pay him big bucks, not us, even if he survives his anal issues.

MMXcalibur
02-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Fuck you, Sutton.
One stop, just ONE FUCKING STOP and you couldn't even manage that.

GoChargers
02-03-2019, 11:13 PM
And after watching tonight's game, name three coaches in the NFL you'd rather have than Andy Reid.
Sean Payton, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy.

kjwood75nro
02-03-2019, 11:45 PM
Hell of a month to lay off the sauce.

Chief Pagan
02-04-2019, 12:16 AM

Yea. I can't see anyway that KC would have been able to score more than 6 points.

Ken Bone
02-04-2019, 12:20 AM
I felt okay about everything until I watched the trophy presentation. I realize Robert Kraft was probably drunk but when Goddell handed him that Lombardi trophy he didn’t even look at it or smile or anything. He grabbed it and passed it on like it was covered in AIDS.

They’ve won so many of these that it isn’t special anymore. Or at least they don’t show the kind of emotion one would expect when winning a championship.

Buehler445
02-04-2019, 12:30 AM
I felt okay about everything until I watched the trophy presentation. I realize Robert Kraft was probably drunk but when Goddell handed him that Lombardi trophy he didn’t even look at it or smile or anything. He grabbed it and passed it on like it was covered in AIDS.

They’ve won so many of these that it isn’t special anymore. Or at least they don’t show the kind of emotion one would expect when winning a championship.

There is no fucking way I could watch the goddamned trophy ceremony. But during the last drive Kraft wasn’t even happy. His kid was, but he wasn’t. What a fuck.

Probably had to figure out how to fund the ACH.

GloryDayz
02-04-2019, 12:40 AM
Yep, another season Andy'd away...

Ken Bone
02-04-2019, 12:53 AM
There is no ****ing way I could watch the goddamned trophy ceremony. But during the last drive Kraft wasn’t even happy. His kid was, but he wasn’t. What a ****.

Probably had to figure out how to fund the ACH.

I’m glad I watched it, I needed to see that. Hopefully someday soon Goodell hands that trophy to Clark and I’ll cry like a baby.

teedubya
02-04-2019, 12:59 AM
This is the Royals 2014-2015 parallel.

Royals... 1985-2015 World Series Champs (30 years)

Chiefs... 1969-2019 Superbowl Champs (50 years)

cosmo20002
02-04-2019, 01:03 AM
This is the Royals 2014-2015 parallel.

Royals... 1985-2015 World Series Champs (30 years)

Chiefs... 1969-2019 Superbowl Champs (50 years)

The parallel is that the years/timespan ends in a 0?

ok

Direckshun
02-04-2019, 01:10 AM
I don't think the Chiefs beat the Rams. I imagine the Rams set a Super Bowl record for rushing yards if we play them.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2019, 01:27 AM
The Chiefs Defense would allow Goff all day back there and we would play cover 2. Woods would have a day

CoMoChief
02-04-2019, 01:47 AM
It's a lot of things.

-Andy Reid once again getting outclassed in a big game, not having his players ready enough. I really hope Mahomes is enough to break that spell...because Reid really is Marty v2.0, and theres a part of me that believes Reid wont ever win the big one because some guys are just losers during crunch time. I really hope I'm wrong. But we're witnessing exactly what Philly fans warned us about.

-Brett Veach, his FA signings, '18 draft picks, trading Peters for peanuts and then doing a real half-assed job replacing the guy.

-Eric Berry and his spirits

-Bob Sutton doing his best Greg Robinson act.

-Kareem Hunt unleashing his inner thug and getting kicked off the team midseason.

But, Chiefs did a lot of great things this season. They were able to win the AFCW, won a home playoff game (finally) vs a longtime postseason nemesis to advance to a home AFCCG...all with a 1st yr starting QB in just his sophomore season who broke all kinds of records. And other than EB, this isn't even including Watkins and interior OL being inj most of the season. Chiefs overcame a lot of adversity this season.

Things are looking up for this franchise. I think we can all agree on that. Chargers are gonna have to replace Rivers before too long, Broncos are still searching for a QB, and Raiders have all sorts of problems. Sutton is gone, but Chiefs really need to hit some HRs on some defensive players in the draft, much like theyve done on offensive side of ball the last handful of yrs.

TwistedChief
02-04-2019, 01:54 AM
I felt surprisingly okay after we lost that game. I now feel much worse.

Going to be a long offseason.

Angry fan
02-04-2019, 02:23 AM
It's all about matchups guys. There's no guarantee the Chiefs would have won.

-King-
02-04-2019, 03:18 AM

ok

ROFL

TEX
02-04-2019, 07:20 AM
It's all about matchups guys. There's no guarantee the Chiefs would have won.

Yep. No way the KC defense holds the Rams to 3 points. Maybe 30 though, which means we would have had a legit shot. :shrug:

GloryDayz
02-04-2019, 07:24 AM
Yep. No way the KC defense holds the Rams to 3 points. Maybe 30 though, which means we would have had a legit shot. :shrug:

Not if Haglund cancers-up the field... If the broke-dick Hobo plays, then we give up 50+ because he fucking sucks ASS...

I'm hoping they find a way to get rd of him... Pay the motherfucker under the table to leave Clark! He's Worse than Eric Winston..

staylor26
02-04-2019, 07:26 AM

Goff is a totally different QB from when we played the Rams.

No way they’d beat us with Gurley hurt.

baitism
02-04-2019, 07:36 AM
We may have won, but with Bob Sutton and our defense, it wouldn't have been a sure thing.

scho63
02-04-2019, 07:59 AM
Aside from Ford, it's hard to win a game when your crappy D lets up (3) 3rd and 10's in OT. That was more pathetic to me than Dee Ford making a mistake, albeit at a critically horrible time.

bricks
02-04-2019, 08:27 AM
It's a lot of things.

-Andy Reid once again getting outclassed in a big game, not having his players ready enough. I really hope Mahomes is enough to break that spell...because Reid really is Marty v2.0, and theres a part of me that believes Reid wont ever win the big one because some guys are just losers during crunch time. I really hope I'm wrong. But we're witnessing exactly what Philly fans warned us about.

-Brett Veach, his FA signings, '18 draft picks, trading Peters for peanuts and then doing a real half-assed job replacing the guy.

-Eric Berry and his spirits

-Bob Sutton doing his best Greg Robinson act.

-Kareem Hunt unleashing his inner thug and getting kicked off the team midseason.

But, Chiefs did a lot of great things this season. They were able to win the AFCW, won a home playoff game (finally) vs a longtime postseason nemesis to advance to a home AFCCG...all with a 1st yr starting QB in just his sophomore season who broke all kinds of records. And other than EB, this isn't even including Watkins and interior OL being inj most of the season. Chiefs overcame a lot of adversity this season.

Things are looking up for this franchise. I think we can all agree on that. Chargers are gonna have to replace Rivers before too long, Broncos are still searching for a QB, and Raiders have all sorts of problems. Sutton is gone, but Chiefs really need to hit some HRs on some defensive players in the draft, much like theyve done on offensive side of ball the last handful of yrs.

Here is the problem though, there are always some bullshit things that come along the way to screw things up. It always happens to us.

Whether its Dee Ford lining up offsides, Kareem Hunt getting caught in domestic violence acts, referees making bullshit calls against us like roughing the passer on Brady, the bullshit call last year in the Titans game costing is, Eric Berry getting hurt and not being the same, Darrell Revis batting down a pass right in Mariotas hands only to see him score a touchdown, Chiefs having one of the best offenses ever only to see it ruined by a historically bad defense (they can’t be just bad, no they to be historically bad:#), What else? So much I could go on and on.

Anyway so much bs that as a fan I’ve been conditioned to think that this way now. How sad is that? Its like bad omen. We probably will be Superbowl favorites but Im just waiting for some bullshit thing to come along the way whether its Andy Reid costing us a game due to poor clock management to a thrown ball that goes off Kelces hands that if he catches it it would have been touchdown. Chiefs win and go to the Superbowl but nooooo it’ll be intercepted and then thats the game Chiefs lose and destroy their chances of going to the big game. You know shit like that? Its frustrating and depressing at the same time

tmax63
02-04-2019, 08:27 AM
The biggest problem has been fixed in getting rid of Sutton. It's too bad it came a year late. Wade Phillips and BB are two of the greatest defensive minds in the game. They displayed that last night. It just shows how good of an offensive mastermind Big Red is to come back and put 31 on BB in the 2nd half a couple of weeks ago. Or put 50 on the Rams during the season. I don't understand the hatred here of Andy Reid. I know he's too loyal to people he trusts.
I also know that the Chiefs had 5-10 plays during the game that, if any 1 of the them turns out differently, the Chiefs win. That tells me the players didn't execute, not that they weren't in position to.

Hoover
02-04-2019, 08:55 AM
If I'm being honest, I don't.

I get what you are saying, and if the Chiefs are playing in that game they win it. However, what I took away from last nights game is that we finally have a team that can win it all. I've never felt that way before, where you look at a game and say, "the Chiefs would destroy these fuckers."

Sucks we didn't get there this year. But damn excited for next season.

Frazod
02-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Yeah, it's worse. No way would the Lambs have beaten us.

One fucking retard dipshit cocksucker lining up offsides away from a Super Bowl we would have won. It's maddening.

Lzen
02-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Not if Haglund cancers-up the field... If the broke-dick Hobo plays, then we give up 50+ because he ****ing sucks ASS...

I'm hoping they find a way to get rd of him... Pay the mother****er under the table to leave Clark! He's Worse than Eric Winston..

Dude, you are a broken record. I hate to put anyone on ignore but you are just becoming unbearable.

Lzen
02-04-2019, 09:25 AM
Aside from Ford, it's hard to win a game when your crappy D lets up (3) 3rd and 10's in OT. That was more pathetic to me than Dee Ford making a mistake, albeit at a critically horrible time.

That's the way I feel, too. Yeah, the one mistake Dee Ford made was the one that really stands out because the game would have been over. Still, the defense overall was terrible in that game as it had been all season. Many of us were fooled into believing that they had turned a corner and playing at home would help but that wasn't the case against an elite team.

Lzen
02-04-2019, 09:27 AM
I don't get all the people that think we would have beaten the Rams. What makes you think that Sutton's defense would have been able to hold the Rams offense in check?

Red Dawg
02-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Same thing every year sucks. Every off season is Brady Brady Brady and now we get more of it. 42 year old playing QB is all we will hear. Sucks he hasn't broke his leg or been caught using steroids that's pretty obvious he's using.

staylor26
02-04-2019, 09:30 AM
I don't get all the people that think we would have beaten the Rams. What makes you think that Sutton's defense would have been able to hold the Rams offense in check?

Uhh have you watched Jared Goff at all lately?

Absolutely no way they keep up with Gurley banged up.

DJJasonp
02-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Uhh have you watched Jared Goff at all lately?

Absolutely no way they keep up with Gurley banged up.

Ummmm.....no.

No way our soft defensive line was going to stop CJ Anderson (who was steamrolling through "normal" NFL defenses the past 6 weeks).

Sutton was always holding us back - would have held us back last night too.

Last night would have come down to a coin flip too (either real or metaphorical)

staylor26
02-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Ummmm.....no.

No way our soft defensive line was going to stop CJ Anderson (who was steamrolling through "normal" NFL defenses the past 6 weeks).

Sutton was always holding us back - would have held us back last night too.

Last night would have come down to a coin flip too (either real or metaphorical)

Lol ok

I never said they we’d hold them to 3 points, but no way they keep up with our offense with Goff playing like he has been.

Also, did Sutton hold us back against the Colts?

GloryDayz
02-04-2019, 09:50 AM

It wasn't Dee's mistake as much as it was Sutton being a motherfucker and Eric Berry being a special form of cancer that no team can survive. That's why Sutton is (FINALLY) gone, and the team is trying to pop the abscess that is Berry.

Because of his own transgression Dee's not loved, but the venom is most accurately directed at Sutton and Haglund the non-gladiator pussy.

kcclone
02-04-2019, 09:51 AM
We went 0-3 vs those two teams. Not sure I would expect anything different.

GloryDayz
02-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Dude, you are a broken record. I hate to put anyone on ignore but you are just becoming unbearable.

Sorry, but it's the only way the franchise learns.

Do what you gotta do to make yourself feel better.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Watching the Rams not bail at the snap and actually attempt to clog the intermediate areas rather than simply give Brady and his band of slow-ass pass-catchers free releases just pissed me off even more.

I'm seriously dumbfounded as to how the hell Sutton thought "I know, let's play a soft cover 2 against a team that doesn't throw deep!" was a winning strategy.

Best22
02-04-2019, 09:58 AM
Lol ok

I never said they we’d hold them to 3 points, but no way they keep up with our offense with Goff playing like he has been.

The Rams offensive style is more deadly to our defense than the Colts

Under center and a commital to the run game. Also, Sutton could never confuse Goff in shotgun like Belichick did

We couldn’t hold the Rams to 13.

If we played, Rams would have the better run game and better defense

Chiefs would have the better quarterback

Coach would be a tossup, as would the game

In58men
02-04-2019, 10:00 AM
I was literally watching the coin toss shaking my head saying this should be the Chiefs. I was being a pessimist the entire game lol.

NOBODY WANTED PATRIOTS!!!!!!

htismaqe
02-04-2019, 10:00 AM
I feel the same now as I did after the AFCCG - they lost, it's over, and I'm looking forward to next year with Mahomes.

I haven't been this pumped about the Chiefs in...well, EVER. Not even Chiefsplanet is gonna bring me down.

GloryDayz
02-04-2019, 10:07 AM
I feel the same now as I did after the AFCCG - they lost, it's over, and I'm looking forward to next year with Mahomes.

I haven't been this pumped about the Chiefs in...well, EVER. Not even Chiefsplanet is gonna bring me down.

I'm optimistic about next year too.

DJJasonp
02-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Lol ok

I hear ya - but you're really not pinning your hopes in a (theoretical anyways) super bowl with Bob Sutton - based upon ONE flippin' game in the past 2 years where he seemed to get it right are you?

The point I was making - nothing was ever a given with Sutton at the helm of our defense.

DJJasonp
02-04-2019, 10:09 AM
The Rams offensive style is more deadly to our defense than the Colts

Under center and a commital to the run game. Also, Sutton could never confuse Goff in shotgun like Belichick did

We couldn’t hold the Rams to 13.

If we played, Rams would have the better run game and better defense

Chiefs would have the better quarterback

Coach would be a tossup, as would the game

Exactly - as long as Sutton was our DC - coin flip.

sedated
02-04-2019, 10:41 AM

Exactly. Just because the greatest coach in history can come up with a plan to shut down Gurley and the Rams, doesn't mean the Chiefs would have been able to do it.

Chiefs D has been the opposite of what BB does on D - their best players go off against us, but BB can completely shut them down. Gurley would have had 150+ last night.

Bearcat
02-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Nah, I'd rather see them lose to the eventual champs.... especially had the Patriots not scored that last touchdown and it ended up losing like 6-3, everyone would have been thinking the Chiefs really deserved to be there.

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2019, 10:49 AM

I feel the same as I did after the 2014 World Series going into 2015 for the Royals. Same feeling, they are going to kick ass and take the crown. Chiefs are going to have a magical 2019 season.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2019, 10:53 AM
I feel the same as I did after the 2014 World Series going into 2015 for the Royals. Same feeling, they are going to kick ass and take the crown. Chiefs are going to have a magical 2019 season.

Maybe.

It still won't be the same as it would've been. Now we're the hunted. Now the Christmas Morning joy of taking the wrapping paper off Patrick Mahomes and seeing that he's 1000 times better than you could've ever dreamed will start to fade a bit.

Winning next year won't make up for the lost opportunity of this year. It'll help ease the sting a bit but man - this one's gonna hurt for awhile. Especially after watching that !@#$ing abortion of a game just rub salt into the wound.

That's as poorly played a game as I've seen in a long time. You don't even see pre-season games between the Bucs and Browns look that bad. There was one great throw, a nice forced fumble and a bunch of really good punts. Apart from that, there simply wasn't anything interesting about that game.

And if Dee Ford could've just lined up on the right side of the !@#$ing football, none of that happens. It was just insult to injury...

teedubya
02-04-2019, 10:53 AM

ok

Work with me... I'm trying to be optimistic.

htismaqe
02-04-2019, 10:56 AM
It still won't be the same as it would've been. Now we're the hunted. Now the Christmas Morning joy of taking the wrapping paper off Patrick Mahomes and seeing that he's 1000 times better than you could've ever dreamed will start to fade a bit.

Maybe for you.

I've been waiting 30 years for this. It MIGHT start to fade when he's 30...MAYBE...

Buehler445
02-04-2019, 11:35 AM

Yeah, Gurley hasn't been as good, and Goff is not playing with the same confidence.

This is a different game.

Goff is a totally different QB from when we played the Rams.

No way they’d beat us with Gurley hurt.

That's what I'm thinking.

The biggest problem has been fixed in getting rid of Sutton. It's too bad it came a year late. Wade Phillips and BB are two of the greatest defensive minds in the game. They displayed that last night. It just shows how good of an offensive mastermind Big Red is to come back and put 31 on BB in the 2nd half a couple of weeks ago. Or put 50 on the Rams during the season. I don't understand the hatred here of Andy Reid. I know he's too loyal to people he trusts.
I also know that the Chiefs had 5-10 plays during the game that, if any 1 of the them turns out differently, the Chiefs win. That tells me the players didn't execute, not that they weren't in position to.

Yeah, Reid is really good. Doesn't mean his gameplan in the first half wasn't awful. He fucked up hard.

Watching the Rams not bail at the snap and actually attempt to clog the intermediate areas rather than simply give Brady and his band of slow-ass pass-catchers free releases just pissed me off even more.

I'm seriously dumbfounded as to how the hell Sutton thought "I know, let's play a soft cover 2 against a team that doesn't throw deep!" was a winning strategy.

Right? I was fucking furious at the game.

MAKE THE FUCKING 41 YEAR OLD ARM BEAT YOU DEEP. If he does, fine, but you KNOW he's going to hit the short shit you're giving up.

FUCK!

Maybe.

Winning next year won't make up for the lost opportunity of this year. It'll help ease the sting a bit but man - this one's gonna hurt for awhile. Especially after watching that !@#$ing abortion of a game just rub salt into the wound.

That's as poorly played a game as I've seen in a long time. You don't even see pre-season games between the Bucs and Browns look that bad. There was one great throw, a nice forced fumble and a bunch of really good punts. Apart from that, there simply wasn't anything interesting about that game.

And if Dee Ford could've just lined up on the right side of the !@#$ing football, none of that happens. It was just insult to injury...

Spot on. IMO, it can be both. I am so fucking stoked for the future. I am also fucking furious about the AFCCG.

Kiimo
02-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Totally disagree. Winning next season is going to be beautiful. This didn't hurt at all.

AT ALL. Because Mahomes is going to kick ass for years. You guys are so hurt that this game hurt more somehow? That doesn't make any sense.

This year was gravy past the Indianapolis game. It will make our Super Bowl LIV (IN) win that much sweeter. I think some of you may need lives beyond fandom.

htismaqe
02-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Totally disagree. Winning next season is going to be beautiful. This didn't hurt at all.

AT ALL. Because Mahomes is going to kick ass for years. You guys are so hurt that this game hurt more somehow? That doesn't make any sense.

This year was gravy past the Indianapolis game. It will make our Super Bowl LIV (IN) win that much sweeter. I think some of you may need lives beyond fandom.

:clap::clap::clap:

GloryDayz
02-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Man I hope you're right, but we're putting a lot on the shoulders of a guy who's protected by an O-line that tends to fuckup a lot. I know that's some bad evil to put on you Ricky Bobby, but damn, our O-line had better find a lion's heart in the offseason.

O.city
02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Maybe.

Do you think there's some "knock on the door before opening it" going on there? I hope atleast.

The problem with comparing this to the Royals is that its just such a different playoff system and such. The Chiefs will hopefully be the better team in a lot of matchups in the playoffs. Football bounces weird a time or two and you're out.

tmax63
02-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Give BB credit where credit's due. He shut down the boy genius for the entire game in the Super Bowl. The game before it took an entire half for AR to figure out what he was doing simply because the Chiefs couldn't get enough plays on offense to work it out. If you don't hit on the 1st fix then you get a 1st half like they did. He did find the key though unlike boy genius on Sun. night.

O.city
02-04-2019, 04:39 PM
After the Gurley thing, is there any chance they try and trade him? Some dumb franchise would give up picks for him I'd guess.

tmax63
02-04-2019, 04:42 PM
The Gurley thing still has me puzzled. Was he hurt that bad or was he in the dog house or what. The ex-donkey CJ looked a whole bunch better than Gurley did.

SAUTO
02-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Someone on the pregame said that Gurley had been benched. When did that happen?

Buehler445
02-04-2019, 07:35 PM
After the Gurley thing, is there any chance they try and trade him? Some dumb franchise would give up picks for him I'd guess.

With that contract though? I sure wouldn’t.

Buehler445
02-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Give BB credit where credit's due. He shut down the boy genius for the entire game in the Super Bowl. The game before it took an entire half for AR to figure out what he was doing simply because the Chiefs couldn't get enough plays on offense to work it out. If you don't hit on the 1st fix then you get a 1st half like they did. He did find the key though unlike boy genius on Sun. night.

I think the difference between 31 and 3 is precisely the difference between Mahomes and Goff.

FringeNC
02-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Maybe.

Yep, there's no silver lining. I guess if you really wanted look for one, maybe the team will be pissed off and hungry next year rather than complacent.

Best22
02-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Yep, there's no silver lining. I guess if you really wanted look for one, maybe the team will be pissed off and hungry next year rather than complacent.

No silver lining?

Do you remember the days the franchise was 0-5 in Home Divisionals?
Do you remember when we were 0-4 be the Colts in the playoffs?
Do you remember the pain of the Titans playoff collapse?
Do you remember when everyone said we were stupid to trade Smith and Pat could never equal Smith’s production?
Do you remember when we had one AFCCG appearance since 1970?

It stinks to lose but now we know we have a QB that can actually win us a SB. And he’s only 23.

It took Manning 6 seasons to even win a playoff game. It took Elway 4 seasons to make the AFC title game. Favre won MVP yet lost his first Conference Title Game in 1995 (year 5 for Favre)

Mahomes did all that in year 2, and first as a starter

FringeNC
02-04-2019, 07:49 PM
No silver lining?

Do you remember the days the franchise was 0-5 in Home Divisionals?
Do you remember when we were 0-4 be the Colts in the playoffs?
Do you remember the pain of the Titans playoff collapse?
Do you remember when everyone said we were stupid to trade Smith and Pat could never equal Smith’s production?
Do you remember when we had one AFCCG appearance since 1970?

It stinks to lose but now we know we have a QB that can actually win us a SB. And he’s only 23.

It took Manning 6 seasons to even win a playoff game. It took Elway 4 seasons to make the AFC title game. Favre won MVP yet lost his first Conference Title Game in 1995 (year 5 for Favre)

Mahomes did all that in year 2, and first as a starter

Huh? There's no silver lining to the PATS LOSS. None of that other stuff is relevant to that.

Best22
02-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Huh? There's no silver lining to the PATS LOSS. None of that other stuff is relevant to that.

There probably wasn’t. Unless it leads to the team being more disciplined down the stretch (also assuming we make the SB and suffer a catastrophic loss that somehow dooms the franchise)

A win is always preferable to a loss...so yeah, probably no silver linings to losing

htismaqe
02-04-2019, 11:16 PM
I think the difference between 31 and 3 is precisely the difference between Mahomes and Goff.

Exactly.