PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pat is going to make Andy better

ntexascardfan
02-04-2019, 01:56 PM
And no, not just because he is an electric talent at QB...

I forget which appearance it was, but during the media time leading into the Super Bowl he had a line where he talked about waiting too long to adjust in the Patriots game and that they need to do a better job adjusting drive to drive. It was a subtle challenge to Andy and the team.

It felt pretty mundane at the time, but I go back and think about my career in management and leadership...I'm always looking for and I'm always at my best when I'm able to have a few guys on my team who do a great job managing up and pushing on me.

It's a quality I don't think we've had from our QB in a long time. I don't see Alex Smith being a guy to push into Andy a bit and productively expect and ask for more out of him.

Andy's had an incredible NFL career, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pat push Andy to be more than any QB Andy's had on his watch.

Rawlsian
02-04-2019, 02:23 PM
If there's anything we have learned it's to never let Andy call the plays so he can actually do a HCs job of properly managing the game

Best22
02-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Mahomes has more fire in his heart than Andy Reid has food in his pantry/fridges

carcosa
02-04-2019, 02:27 PM
YEs

ModSocks
02-04-2019, 02:36 PM
He was probably talking about Sutton...

Reerun_KC
02-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Its going to take a legendary type of performance in the playoffs and SuperBowl for Pat to overcome Fat Andy...

Red Dawg
02-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Andy needs to make game plans based on who we are playing. His plan against the Pats was awful. Wrs running routes way to long the entire first half. Not adjusting fast and getting hill involved on quick hitters was inexcusable. You can't long bomb most teams. They are low percentage throws.

MahiMike
02-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Agreed. That and the fact Andy wants to win it for Mahomes now.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Its going to take a legendary type of performance in the playoffs and SuperBowl for Pat to overcome Fat Andy...

:rolleyes:

eDave
02-04-2019, 03:52 PM
He already has. All QB's do that for their coach. Good or bad.

Beef Supreme
02-04-2019, 03:54 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/hMKjvTYlSaFCU/giphy.gif

ChiefBlueCFC
02-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Everything PAt does absolutely makes me want to run through a wall or be even better myself. Can't imagine what it would be like to play with a person like him

htismaqe
02-04-2019, 03:55 PM
He already has. All QB's do that for their coach. Good or bad.

This.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2019, 06:12 PM

I get where you are coming from with this statement here. Hopefully Pat will have the stones at times to override Andy. Something Wilson should have done in the SB to Carroll by just changing the play and running it instead of throwing. There are those times when this must happen to let Andy/Eric know "you guys are wrong here and this is what I am going with".

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-04-2019, 07:34 PM
He was probably talking about Sutton...

Andy didn't make offensive changes until 2nd half. Mahomes was referring to offense. The defense never made a god damn adjustment all season.