PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Ordering Prescription eyeglasses online?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-04-2019, 10:40 PM
Has anyone ever done this?

What website did you use and were they good quality?

C-Mac
02-05-2019, 12:23 AM
Zenni
www.zennioptical.com

BucEyedPea
02-05-2019, 12:24 AM
My SO loves Zenni. But I know someone who tried Zenni and returned them. I used EyeBuy Direct and returned them. Have to see and feel the frames on me.

The Bunk
02-05-2019, 12:32 AM
I’ve used Warby Parker several times. A little more $, but I love their frames.

DaFace
02-05-2019, 12:53 AM
Zenni

www.zennioptical.comYep. Cheap as shit. I've had a few that I ended up not liking, but they're so cheap I can accept the possibility of a miss now and then.

TinyEvel
02-05-2019, 01:39 AM
Lasik

/thread forever

Lex Luthor
02-05-2019, 06:21 AM
Yep. Cheap as shit. I've had a few that I ended up not liking, but they're so cheap I can accept the possibility of a miss now and then.

Agreed. I've ordered a few sets of glasses from Zenni Optical over the years. At first I was happy with what I got, but the last time I did this, the frames were so flimsy that I lost interest. Now I just go to Costco.

srvy
02-05-2019, 06:24 AM
With a new prescription I get frames locally and or contacts. Then I always get a spare for work from zenni and my latest was eyebuy direct and really like them. With the online glasses get the best lens they offer easier to clean the oil that naturally builds up on them.

Eleazar
02-05-2019, 06:55 AM
I've had good luck with frames direct. They sell good quality name brand stuff. Both regular frames and prescription sunglasses, never a problem.

scho63
02-05-2019, 07:18 AM
So what are you buying on these sites? Is it just the frames or frames and the lenses?

The lenses in an optical store are crazy expensive if you have a high prescription, which I do.

I'm also not a candidate for lasix due to two separate retinal detachments, one in each eye, plus a stigmatism and really bad vision.

I'm like a mole without my glasses. That's why I wear Toric contact lenses.

srvy
02-05-2019, 07:41 AM
So what are you buying on these sites? Is it just the frames or frames and the lenses?

The lenses in an optical store are crazy expensive if you have a high prescription, which I do.

I'm also not a candidate for lasix due to two separate retinal detachments, one in each eye, plus a stigmatism and really bad vision.

I'm like a mole without my glasses. That's why I wear Toric contact lenses.

You pick your frame and enter prescription data or send pdf of script. Make sure your doctor gives you all the important data. then you pick lens type and coatings and tinting.

Most sites now let you take pic of face then the software online can place the frames you pic out to your pic. It does help choose if you will look ok in them. Then wait a week or to to be delivered like usual.

srvy
02-05-2019, 07:42 AM
The one site i got a bad pair once was goggles i dont recommend them.

BucEyedPea
02-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Most sites now let you take pic of face then the software online can place the frames you pic out to your pic. It does help choose if you will look ok in them. Then wait a week or to to be delivered like usual.

I haven't seen that yet. I worry about proper placement of the prescription to my eyes.

MahiMike
02-05-2019, 08:20 AM
If you find one made in America let me know. So tired of cheap plastic. Even Costco has gotten cheap. So flimsy.

chinaski
02-05-2019, 08:28 AM
I considered it, but I have an eye-doctor locally that's cheap enough not to bother.

Beef Supreme
02-05-2019, 08:32 AM
I got my last couple of pair at discountglasses.com. I was thoroughly impressed. Bifoculs with all the options on the lenses, very nice frames, but you can get anything from discount bin frames to designer frames. I called them a couple of times to ask questions during the order. They answer the phone quickly with a real person, and are very helpful. They also have a guarantee, but I don't remember the specifics. I remember it being pretty good.

Prices were great. I will be using them again.

EDIT: This is also an American company.

srvy
02-05-2019, 08:38 AM
If you find one made in America let me know. So tired of cheap plastic. Even Costco has gotten cheap. So flimsy.

Might have a look at Target optical they carry good frames. My insurance is limited but Target and Gerry various eye doctors. I just go with Target for the exam and glasses for insurance. I then go mail order for spare work glasses and sunglasses that I pay out of pocket. I have been very happy with them but I dont know where the send for lens and assembly. Used to in past be Victory optical before it all went across the border.

scho63
02-05-2019, 09:15 AM
You pick your frame and enter prescription data or send pdf of script. Make sure your doctor gives you all the important data. then you pick lens type and coatings and tinting.

Thank you!

oldman
02-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Yep. Cheap as shit. I've had a few that I ended up not liking, but they're so cheap I can accept the possibility of a miss now and then.

This. Zenni is cheap, fast, and reliable.You can get a pair for under $20. Where they get you is on the coatings, but so does your local dealer. I bought 5 pair, 3 regular and 2 pair of sunglasses for less than $225. To the crab about cheap plastic frames, get metal ones. But, as someone mentioned earlier, make sure you get ALL your measurements.

bowener
02-05-2019, 10:08 AM
I’ve used Warby Parker several times. A little more $, but I love their frames.

This. They have a store in the plaza if you want to speed up the process.

Discuss Thrower
02-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Used GlassesUSA and regret it. Wear them longer than five minutes and develop a piercing headache.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-05-2019, 11:23 AM
Zenni, search for coupons.

BWillie
02-05-2019, 11:53 AM
What about the cheapest place to get a prescription?

I plan to get a 3 or 4 different glasses (cheap ones) after I get my next prescription.

Nickhead
02-05-2019, 01:15 PM
zenni all the way. i am ordering another pair this week. my first pair, i didn't get any lens protection.

this go will be transition lenses with scratch guard. $115 for frames and lenses. progressive lenses to boot :thumb:

DaFace
02-05-2019, 01:58 PM
What about the cheapest place to get a prescription?

I plan to get a 3 or 4 different glasses (cheap ones) after I get my next prescription.

I don't have a ton of experience in looking around, but I've been happy with America's Best. I do the $99 eyecare club (which has the contact exam). That lets you get an exam every year (for 3 years) to keep your prescription up to date. I then get the paper prescription and order glasses from Zenni.

Chiefspants
02-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Zenni is the best.

Been buying from Zenni over the last 6 years. Think I've purchased 4 sets of eyeglasses for the grand total of $120.

DaFace
02-05-2019, 02:18 PM
This. Zenni is cheap, fast, and reliable.You can get a pair for under $20. Where they get you is on the coatings, but so does your local dealer. I bought 5 pair, 3 regular and 2 pair of sunglasses for less than $225. To the crab about cheap plastic frames, get metal ones. But, as someone mentioned earlier, make sure you get ALL your measurements.

My only issue with Zenni is that all of the sunglasses I've gotten have ended up getting little microscratches on them after a while. I think it's because I just clean them with my shirt or whatever rather than water or a cleaning cloth, but still - never had that happen with other sunglasses before.

At the same time, I think I paid like $35 for prescription sunglasses, so if I have to toss them and get new ones once in a while, it's not a huge deal.

BucEyedPea
02-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Might have a look at Target optical they carry good frames.

I was just checkin' out their frames yesterday and they do have nice ones. Saw a nice pair of tortoise shell that looked just like my Armani's for $200 less.
Might go with them next time. Lenscrafters is just getting too expensive.

BWillie
02-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Zenni is the best.

Been buying from Zenni over the last 6 years. Think I've purchased 4 sets of eyeglasses for the grand total of $120.

Jesus christ. I bought some glasses from Elite Eye Care in Las Vegas two years ago - cost me $700. They were name brand, but not top of the line name brand.

I'll give these guys a try. I'd happy pay $700 if it included multiple styles of glasses & sunglasses. Something like that. With Zenni sounds like I can do that.