PDA

View Full Version : Football 2018 Eat Crow Thread

Buehler445
02-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Now that the season is over, we are due a thread where we own where we were wrong. I'm sure everyone here has some crow to eat, so let's do this.

Mine to follow.

Buehler445
02-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Mahomes
This is the most glorious fucking crow in the fucking history of fucking crow. There might be 1 or 2 guys here that thought he would do 5000/50, and they were wild homers. I was expecting somewhere in the .500 range and 1 or 2 “WOW” throws a game. Holy balls was I wrong, and it is the most amazing thing there has ever been. YUM!

Berry
I didn’t know what the fuck was going on, but I didn’t think it was this. What the fuck? I mean what in the fucking fuck?

Kliff Kingsbury
I thought he had no shot at virtually anything in the NFL. LOL.

Chargers
I thought they’d biff up the year, but they gave us a run.

TambaBerry
02-05-2019, 01:42 PM
i was wrong about a lot of things, my biggest one was dee ford

Rasputin
02-05-2019, 01:42 PM
I expected greatness from young Mahomes and i was right.

Rasputin
02-05-2019, 01:44 PM
The Defense were who we thought they were but at the tail end they gave a glimpse of hope that they were up to the task in the playoffs. I was wrong that think they would put a hat on Tom Brady and put him down . NOT FUCKING ONCE FUCK YOU JUSTIN HOUSTON & FUCK YOU DEE FORD.

The Franchise
02-05-2019, 01:44 PM
I expected greatness from young Mahomes and i was right.

And your reading comprehension apparently fucking blows.

Rasputin
02-05-2019, 01:47 PM
The Defense were who we thought they were but at the tail end they gave a glimpse of hope that they were up to the task in the playoffs. I was wrong that think they would put a hat on Tom Brady and put him down . NOT FUCKING ONCE FUCK YOU JUSTIN HOUSTON & FUCK YOU DEE FORD.

And your reading comprehension apparently fucking blows.

Yeah ok :rolleyes:

I knew what the thread was about and i still wanted to say I was right about Mahomes because I've preached Mahomes all offseason to nonbelievers around here so yeah i'm going pound my chest for believing in him all along.

Rain Man
02-05-2019, 01:49 PM
My biggest wrong:

I had trepidation about selecting Patrick Mahomes II over Deshaun Watson. I thought Watson was less boom or bust. And maybe he was, but Mahomes turned out to be a Trinity Site Boom.

My biggest right:

I was not expecting .500 or 10-6 this year. Having watched Patrick Mahomes II in a couple of preseasons and one Broncos game, I was convinced that we would make a run for greatness this year.

comochiefsfan
02-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Right:

Mahomes being a monster

Wrong:

Kareem being a dumbass. Still not completely over that one. Fuck man, you and this offense worked so well together. Just don’t beat up a woman. Frustrating.

Why Not?
02-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Had us at 7-9. Knew Pat was a bad ass but didn’t think he was a superhuman freak who could drag this trash D all the way to the AFCCG

Frazod
02-05-2019, 01:57 PM
I was so sure that we'd win the AFC Championship Game that I paid a small fortune for a ticket and drove to Kansas City to watch it.

Alas, Dee Ford had other ideas. 4321

mlyonsd
02-05-2019, 02:06 PM
I said early on we were not going to the SB with that defense.

So no crow for me.

Buehler445
02-05-2019, 02:56 PM
I said early on we were not going to the SB with that defense.

So no crow for me.

Horseshit. You were right on everything this year?

DJ's left nut
02-05-2019, 03:04 PM
I kept figuring the defense would gel. All year I thought they'd figure out how to unfuck themselves and come up with just enough to get us there when it mattered. I never thought they were as bad as they appeared early in the season because there just appeared to be more talent on the field than the level they were playing at. I think Hitchens is the guy I was most specifically wrong about from a personnel standpoint - I thought he'd be a guy that we overpaid to get but who would at least be a very good player for us. I thought K-Pass would get some run at 5-tech and stand out.

I thought Demarcus Robinson would show out a little more than he did if Watkins got hurt.

I was really bullish on this squad; had us going 12-4 and winning the division (with the Chargers as our primary competition). I think I had Mahomes at 4500 yards and 36 TDs to go with about 14 INTs. So I don't have a lot on the offensive side to beat myself up over. I figured Watkins would actually be healthier than he was and obviously never saw the Hunt thing coming. But as I had Mahomes being merely very good rather than historic, I do have some crow to eat there as well.

O.city
02-05-2019, 03:12 PM
I thought the whole second half of the season they were going to slip up and end with the 5 seed and have to go to Baltimore where they'd lose.

Wrong there.

I thought the defense would be better. It sucks.

Chiefspants
02-05-2019, 03:17 PM
I thought we were going to be 7-9. I thought Mahomes would fall between 4,000-4,500 yards, but that it'd play out exactly like 2004 due to the defense. I did not think Veach did enough to compensate for last year's defensive woes coupled with the loss of Marcus Peters.

Pat proved me wrong in every way. He ascended above what Trent Green was ever capable of and did so with ease. The defense, unfortunately, was exactly what I anticipated.

dls6501
02-05-2019, 03:19 PM
I would like to see people eat crow about Marcus Peters. It should be unquestionable at this point that not having him on our roster really came back to f*** us.

MTG#10
02-05-2019, 03:21 PM
I was spot on with every prediction I made. No crow to be had here.

mlyonsd
02-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Horseshit. You were right on everything this year?

Everything that mattered.

htismaqe
02-05-2019, 03:31 PM
I would like to see people eat crow about Marcus Peters. It should be unquestionable at this point that not having him on our roster really came back to f*** us.

ROFL

Kiimo
02-05-2019, 03:38 PM
I thought Jimmy Garrapolo would be amazing.

I thought Deandre Hopkins would be the #1 wide receiver.

I thought David Johnson would storm back and run all over the league.

I thought Sammy would lead the Chiefs in receiving.

I thought we'd beat the Pats the first time and they'd get crushed in the wildcard round.

ChiTown
02-05-2019, 03:43 PM
ChiTown: Batting 1.000 since birth

https://media.giphy.com/media/WS5CydgbelK8ZMHRsA/giphy.gif

Archie Bunker
02-05-2019, 03:56 PM
I thought Ragland was going to blow up and that Mahomes would have 20+ Ints

Fat Elvis
02-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Mahomes
This is the most glorious ****ing crow in the ****ing history of ****ing crow. There might be 1 or 2 guys here that thought he would do 5000/50, and they were wild homers.

I was one of those guys, and I'm not a wild homer. Granted I used a really small sample size, but I thought I gave a pretty well reasoned explaination as to why I thought Mahomes would have the gawdy stats he did. That said, he actually outperformed my expectations since part of my reasoning for anticipated success wasndue to the weapons he had at his disposal. Sammy Watkins and Kareem Hunt didn't produce as I expected, but Mahomes still put up the stats.

If I were to eat crow, it would be regarding the offensive output of Hunt and Watkins. I also thought the defense would be at least a tad bit better than it was; as far as I'm concerned, the lb Corp and defensive backfield were largely disappointing.

ThaVirus
02-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Mahomes for sure.

People were pegging him at 35+ TDs in prediction threads prior to the season and I couldn't help but think how crazy that sounded.

He obviously ended up better than any of us could have predicted.

tmax63
02-05-2019, 04:10 PM

Lets see, he was the weak spot in the Rams secondary and still was afraid to put a shoulder on someone and tackle them. I think that he did a good job of proving the Chiefs right, That he wasn't worth the drama/disruption.

Chiefspants
02-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Lets see, he was the weak spot in the Rams secondary and still was afraid to put a shoulder on someone and tackle them. I think that he did a good job of proving the Chiefs right, That he wasn't worth the drama/disruption.

Say what you will about Peters, but he was a master of Sutton's scheme.

Not saying he was worth the drama, especially if the rumors about the beef he had with Mahomes was true.

Instead, I fault Veach for failing to fill that obvious hole that Clark Hunt created.

tmax63
02-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Failing to fill the hole was a problem but that's not what I said. I stand by my words. He would of been an even bigger problem this year for the Chiefs and I'm fine with him gone.

Bwana
02-05-2019, 04:27 PM
I figured Andy would do a little better on clock management....pffffffffffff

I also knew the defense would not be great, but I didn't think they would be as BAD as they turned out to be.

RedRaider56
02-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Mahomes for sure.

People were pegging him at 35+ TDs in prediction threads prior to the season and I couldn't help but think how crazy that sounded.

He obviously ended up better than any of us could have predicted.

Agreed. I fall into this camp. I mentioned to everyone here that the Chiefs got a good one in Mahomes, but man, I didn't expect him to have this type of success so early in his career.

Chief Pagan
02-05-2019, 04:49 PM
I thought Mahomes and Hill would have monster fantasy seasons and I made sure to take them in both leagues I was in (and won one of them).

I thought Mahomes would be a gunslinger who would put up big numbers. Although I expected more interceptions and Mahomes to have some garbage stats in games where KC was being blown out.

With so many mouths to feed, I thought Hunt's production was going to suffer more than it did.

I thought Kelce was going to have a great season but didn't want 3 fantasy starters from the same team not that it was really an option with how my drafts worked out anyway. Both my football drafts were after the first 3 preseason games and that made me avoid Watkins as well.

Some of the fantasy drafts had KC's defense in the top half. I thought that was as stupid as all the ones that had Mahomes not in the top ten.

Thought KC would compete for a playoff spot but not more than that.

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2019, 04:50 PM
I wanted Sutton fired from the Chiefs last offseason. I was wrong. He should've been fired from a fucking cannon into a wall of broken glass, razor blades, and AIDS infested needles.

Marcellus
02-05-2019, 04:52 PM
I thought the defense would be better than last year...... and well, fuck Eric Berry.

MahiMike
02-05-2019, 04:57 PM
I was wrong when I said Mahomes would throw for 30 tds, 20 ints and 4000 yds.

The Franchise
02-05-2019, 05:00 PM
I thought the defense would be better than last year...... and well, fuck Eric Berry.

Damn...you've flipped. What was the turning point?

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

dlphg9
02-05-2019, 05:03 PM
I thought Eric Berrys dumb ass would actually come back and play at a high level. Hafuckinha. So yumyumyum feed me that haglund crow baby

dlphg9
02-05-2019, 05:04 PM

I fucking owned him in every thread about it and he became my bitch.

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2019, 05:07 PM
At least he can still start threads.

ChiTown
02-05-2019, 05:19 PM
At least he can still start threads.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/e30915b86720c03218dbc37b89626cb3/tenor.gif?itemid=9717704

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-05-2019, 05:21 PM
I thought Chiefs fans should have some goddamn faith, but Bob Van der Linde did not have a plan.

The Franchise
02-05-2019, 05:25 PM

My guess is you're wrong.

TwistedChief
02-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Right: proclaiming at the trade deadline that it was a colossal mistake to stand pat and that CP would meltdown after our defense cost us the season

Wrong: thinking Berry would come back and be an additive force - he was the exact opposite in the Patriots game and I couldn't be more disappointed

We all underestimated Mahomes. Yay for being wrong.

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2019, 05:38 PM
I thought Chiefs fans should have some goddamn faith, but Bob Van der Linde did not have a plan.
Rumor has it he's off to Tahiti to farm some mangoes.

JimNasium
02-05-2019, 07:15 PM
I thought we would easily handle those cheating Patriots in the AFCCG.

FringeNC
02-05-2019, 07:21 PM
I was confident we'd beat the Patriots and I thought Berry would be a coach on the field, and improve the pass D.

Mr. Wizard
02-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Uncle Bob is horrific and will be our downfall - right
The whole Kareem thing is overblown - wrong
They should keep Eric Berry for when we need him - wrong
Veach will get us out of cap hell - :hmmm:
Veach knows what he is doing - :hmmm:
My erections will return to what they were when I was 40 - :deevee:
Mahomes is ready to be a stud - :)
Mahomes is going to sit on the sideline saying to himself"this is fucking texas tech again, how many points do I have to fucking score to win a game"-right

King slayer
02-05-2019, 08:03 PM
I thought we’d be 8-8 or 9-7 mainly due to our secondary being garbag and I thought pat had potential to be great but would have more growing pains this year . Glad I was wrong about that part and horrified to be right on the defense

crayzkirk
02-05-2019, 08:20 PM
I had the Chiefs going backwards to 7-9. Figured that Mahomes was another safe pick or would flame out because, well because Chiefs.

So glad that I wrong. Now if I can just convince myself that i was wrong about Andy...

POND_OF_RED
02-05-2019, 08:27 PM
Mayfield looked a lot better than I thought he would. Also thought the Jags were more than a fluke run last year.

Titty Meat
02-05-2019, 08:28 PM
I thought our defense would be so bad and Mahomes would throw 25-30 TDs 15-20 picks and we would be 8-8. The first part of our schedule looked tough.

Frazod
02-05-2019, 08:32 PM
I thought our defense would be so bad and Mahomes would throw 25-30 TDs 15-20 picks and we would be 8-8. The first part of our schedule looked tough.

Good point. I thought the first part of our schedule was the brutal part and that we'd breeze through the second part. Definitely fucked that up.

lewdog
02-05-2019, 08:43 PM
I thought Frazod would come back and be an insufferable prick.

But honestly, he's been quite pleasant and enjoyable.

Buehler445
02-05-2019, 08:59 PM
Mayfield looked a lot better than I thought he would. Also thought the Jags were more than a fluke run last year.

Mayfield is definitely one I need to eat crow on. He looks WAY better than I anticipated. And he appears to not be a colossal fucking douche.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-05-2019, 09:54 PM
I was right about Mayfield. I was right about Manziel too.

King slayer
02-05-2019, 10:00 PM
I was surprised that Bake didn’t douche it up more too but it’s pretty hard to go to Cleveland and out douche Manziel so he had that in his favor

DaNewGuy
02-05-2019, 10:52 PM
I thought Kemp would would make an impact..I still hold out hope

GloryDayz
02-05-2019, 11:17 PM
I didn't think we'd make it to the AFCCG, but I was wrong.

Crow eaten.

RunKC
02-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Anthony Hitchens

Yeah..

Willie Lanier
02-06-2019, 12:00 AM
Tanoh Kpassagnon...

I had high hopes for the kid, and he was disappointing this year...

I'm still convinced that his shortcomings were due to scheme, but I'll eat my crow; he had very little impact this year...

I'll eat crow again next year if he doesn't turn into the fearsome physical freak terrifying qbs I think he could be (still rooting for the kid)

Chief Pagan
02-06-2019, 12:46 AM
I thought we would easily handle those cheating Patriots in the AFCCG.

Before the game, I told my buddy it would be a coin flip. I just didn't realize that it would literally come down to the OT coin flip.

RedRaider56
02-06-2019, 06:15 AM
Mayfield is definitely one I need to eat crow on. He looks WAY better than I anticipated. And he appears to not be a colossal fucking douche.

He's just a huge fucking douche.....

HemiEd
02-06-2019, 07:39 AM
No crow for me other than not believing they would ever draft a QB again.

In April I said 12-4 with an appearance in the AFCCG :D

scho63
02-06-2019, 08:44 AM
!. Thought Chiefs would be 6-10 worst to 9-7 best with the schedule we had and transition from Alex. No playoffs to one-and-done. --- I WAS GLADLY WRONG!

2. Felt Mahomes would have a decent year of 3,500-3,800 yards and about a 2:1 TD to INT ration with about 28-32 TDs. --- I WAS GLADLY WRONG!

3. Felt Kareem Hunt would be #1-3 in league rushing --- Never saw that coming

4. Eric Berry expected a good year --- I WAS WRONG!

5. Thought our D would do better. They sucked and did much worse! --- I WAS WRONG!

6. Expected Jacksonville to be a challenge and a good team. They sucked major ass --- I WAS GLADLY WRONG!

7. Didn't think there would be so many SHIT teams in the NFL --- I WAS GLADLY WRONG!

Buehler445
02-06-2019, 09:34 AM
The other thing I should probably belly up to the crow table on was Peters, I thought he'd have a full on meltdown.

I mean, he kinda did after the saints waxed his ass all over the field, but I don't think you can call that a meltdown, and he ended up doing pretty well in some big games for them.

Maybe that is to come yet, but yeah, I thought he'd have went overboard by now.

Marcellus
02-06-2019, 09:46 AM

I don't hate the guy or blame him, but I was dead wrong on thinking he was going to come back and make a difference.

The fact he hasn't had surgery yet makes me think he may retire.

Halfcan
02-06-2019, 10:22 AM
I was right about everything.

My prognosticating powers are matched by none.

Molitoth
02-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Sorry, I knew Mahomes was going to amazing, and I stated multiple times on this forum that the defense would be WORSE than last season. I got laughed at...

I was right. Suck it.

jjchieffan
02-06-2019, 11:04 AM
My biggest crow would be believing that Berry would get healthy and have a huge impact on our defense. Also, that Watkins would be healthy all year.