PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Joe Flacco traded to Broncos

Pages : 1 [2]

02-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Simply a high performing franchise.

The Raiders and Broncos are the only teams in the West to ever win a Super Bowl...we each have 3. SD and KC have zero. Although technically KC won the AFL-NFL championship 50 years ago but it wasn't a "Super Bowl" at the time.Ummmm. :facepalm:

dlphg9
02-13-2019, 04:08 PM
Lol Broncos fans are literal retards. So Super Bowl IV isnt really a Super Bowl?

What are the chances Garcia Bronco shows his face in this thread again?

Hydrae
02-13-2019, 04:14 PM
Has there ever been an example of a top-tier/HOF type player going into the front-office of the same team they played for - and succeeding?

The two off the top of my head - Elway and Magic Johnson - arent doing so hot.

Ozzie Newsome?

Chiefs=Champions
02-13-2019, 04:15 PM

The Raiders and Broncos are the only teams in the West to ever win a Super Bowl...we each have 3. SD and KC have zero. Although technically KC won the AFL-NFL championship 50 years ago but it wasn't a "Super Bowl" at the time.

LMAO
Sounds like what Raider fans have been saying since 2002. "We are a great franchise historically - therefore we will be great again very soon!"

*16 years of being a laughingstock happens*

Beef Supreme
02-13-2019, 04:16 PM
Past performance is not indicative of future success.

Chris Meck
02-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Donkos are a high performing franchise whenever they possess a Hall-of-fame caliber QB. They're shit when they don't.

Pretty much like everyone else.

Oh-and they right now, they don't.

Marcellus
02-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Flacco sucked before he threw that ball, as he threw it and after he threw it. The only difference is that after he threw it he became overrated.

He sucks still.

Amazing how a guy falls down on one play and turns Flacco into $100MM QB and a SB winner.

Had that not happened Denver wins Flacco is just Flacco the average.

Kind of like Ford lining up offsides and giving NE another ring. :cuss::cuss:

Perineum Ripper
02-13-2019, 04:28 PM

The Raiders and Broncos are the only teams in the West to ever win a Super Bowl...we each have 3. SD and KC have zero. Although technically KC won the AFL-NFL championship 50 years ago but it wasn't a "Super Bowl" at the time.

https://i.gifer.com/embedded/download/IFNG.gif

RealSNR
02-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Whatever homies. It's all good..the hardware speaks for itself. We're down right now. We'll be back.

The Detroit Lions have a ton of hardware from the 1950s.

Nobody cares.

Kiimo
02-13-2019, 05:32 PM
It's so refreshing to see the Broncos going the Steve Bono route and the Chiefs home growing a superstar QB. Brings a tear to my eye.

SUCK IT AND TOIL IN PURGATORY FOR DECADES

FlaChief58
02-13-2019, 05:42 PM

Here ya go corkey

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/super-bowl/

Munson
02-13-2019, 05:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzTz3NzVAAAE7zK.jpg:large

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2019, 05:56 PM
LMAO
Sounds like what Raider fans have been saying since 2002. "We are a great franchise historically - therefore we will be great again very soon!"

*16 years of being a laughingstock happens*

I wouldn't know, but cheap fan does.

The chiefs last championship predates the big Mac.

Pablo
02-13-2019, 06:07 PM

Aren't you the dipshit that doesn't know your Superbowl history?

38yrsfan
02-13-2019, 06:10 PM

And despite that, the Chief's have always owned the Donks; more season sweeps, longer winning streak vs Donks and head-to-head winning record. It took 12 seasons for the Donks to even have a winning record. You are returning to your real roots - losers.

Valiant
02-13-2019, 06:12 PM
just thinking out loud, but it looks a little like the NFL's usual 'regression to the mean' thing.

So...The Patriots look around at all these spread-concept high flying offenses (which, by the way, they were ahead of the curve on a decade ago but no longer have the personnel to run) and Belichick says..."**** it. Let's smash 'em in the mouth. Make them play physical."

And lo, most of them can't do it. They've built defenses to try to slow down empty backfield spread offenses and nobody's got the beef to stop a smash-mouth running attack. And few offenses can really handle being forced to be patient and go to their third and fourth options all game long. So the Patriots get another ring.

Now, the loser teams all look at that and say, "Great plan! Let's do that."

And so...we'll have a cycle of several teams trying to play old school smash mouth and play-action passing, especially if they don't have an elite QB.

Well, usually they let defenses hit more in the playoffs and get away with shit. Only one team consistently tries to do it.

I am still waiting on the first head coach to take flyers on 6'2 and taller fast wrs who can't catch or consistently run the correct routes and flip into stud CBS and safeties.

That will revolutionize defenses if you get a couple to succeed. Jump balls in offense favor would be gone.

FAX
02-13-2019, 06:14 PM

LOL ... quite true, Mr. Garcia Bronco.

Those long dry spells are difficult for fans. Very difficult.

Thankfully for us, the blessed rain has begun to fall to become a flood that will drown the AFCW and inundate the rest of the league for more than 40 games and 40 OPOTW awards. And, unfortunately for you, a Flacco ark isn't going to save you and your kind.

Nope. The donks are seeing merely the first, painful days of an extended, confined internment with utter oblivion. I can tell you from experience that oblivion doesn't make much of a cellmate.

It's painful, I know. You won't have much to look forward to for a long, long time. So befriend a futile, irrational, senseless hope. It's all you have.

FAX

staylor26
02-13-2019, 06:18 PM

Nobody cares.

This is 2019 and we have a 23 y/o MVP QB while you all are going through retreads.

King_Chief_Fan
02-13-2019, 06:22 PM
Whatever homies. It's all good..the hardware speaks for itself. We're down right now. We'll be back.

Hopefully you will live long enough to see it

New World Order
02-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Don’t think I’ve seen Garcia being a smartass.

He knows Denver’s days are up

King_Chief_Fan
02-13-2019, 06:27 PM

You dumb Donk...SB 1 and 4...and THE chiefs were one of the first teams to do it first.

King_Chief_Fan
02-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Don’t think I’ve seen Garcia being a smartass.

He knows Denver’s days are up

One of the few Donk fans that are good people..imo

WhiteWhale
02-13-2019, 06:33 PM

KC was winning super bowls before it was cool. Pshshhshs.

*tips fedora*

Anyway that's fine. You cling to the past. I'm clinging to the unprecedented bright future of the Chiefs. Nolstalgia is cool too. Mahomes is going to spend the next 15 years making you feel like Elway made me feel. I'd be lying if I said I had any pity for you though. I deserve this. :D

Now Denver is bringing in washed up has beens and back up never was's. It's fucking glorious to me man.

WhiteWhale
02-13-2019, 06:36 PM
You dumb Donk...SB 1 and 4...and THE chiefs were one of the first teams to do it first.

He's right and wrong.

TECHNICALLY the game wasn't called the superbowl when KC lost and won the game.

It's objectively true that all NFL/AFL championships were retconned as superbowls.

So KC objectively won a superbowl, but TECHNICALLY didn't because it wasn't really called the SB at the time of the game. In the annals of NFL history, Kc won a superbowl. Regardless of his technicalities.

Anyway, It took Lamar Hunt, founder of the chiefs, some time to come up with the name. :D

FringeNC
02-13-2019, 06:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKUZ05Tpxd57hza/giphy.gif

That one is good.

Best22
02-13-2019, 06:42 PM
Only downside of this is that Denver will likely draft a legit starter in the draft, as opposed to a scrub quarterback like Lock or Jones

Best22
02-13-2019, 06:43 PM
KC was winning super bowls before it was cool. Pshshhshs.

*tips fedora*

Anyway that's fine. You cling to the past. I'm clinging to the unprecedented bright future of the Chiefs. Nolstalgia is cool too. Mahomes is going to spend the next 15 years making you feel like Elway made me feel. I'd be lying if I said I had any pity for you though. I deserve this. :D

Now Denver is bringing in washed up has beens and back up never was's. It's ****ing glorious to me man.

Eh. Elway was only 18-12 vs KC, and he threw more interceptions (35) than touchdowns (28) against KC.

Mahomes is just getting started, gonna destroy like Elway never could

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00/splits/

staylor26
02-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Only downside of this is that Denver will likely draft a legit starter in the draft, as opposed to a scrub quarterback like Lock or Jones

What do you mean?

Why does this change who they would draft?

Best22
02-13-2019, 06:57 PM
What do you mean?

Without Flacco, I felt Denver would draft a bust QB. Now that they feel they have a QB in tow, they’ll likely draft someone in a position (like CB, S, LB, TE) that we may need.

When you have an MVP quarterback, you always want the teams ahead of you in the draft to draft a QB, because that can save “position of need players” for you, since QB obviously isn’t a need for KC. The more quarterbacks drafted, the more position players (like TE, DE, LB, CB) are saved for the Chiefs

SAUTO
02-13-2019, 06:57 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So for all you NFL Draft mocksters out there, change your No. 10 pick guesses from Lock/Jones/Kyler/Haskins to Greedy/Baker/Murphy. Or Devin White. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1095768316923207680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL

What do you mean?

?

Bob Dole
02-13-2019, 07:00 PM
He's right and wrong.

It's objectively true that all NFL/AFL championships were retconned as superbowls.

So KC objectively won a superbowl, but TECHNICALLY didn't because it wasn't really called the SB at the time of the game. In the annals of NFL history, Kc won a superbowl. Regardless of his technicalities.

Anyway, It took Lamar Hunt, founder of the chiefs, some time to come up with the name. :D

Technically, it most certainly was called the Super Bowl prior to January 1970. Lamar Hunt was somewhat lukewarm about the name he coined in a January 1970 interview with an AP reporter.

WhiteWhale
02-13-2019, 07:06 PM
Eh. Elway was only 18-12 vs KC, and he threw more interceptions (35) than touchdowns (28) against KC.

Mahomes is just getting started, gonna destroy like Elway never could

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00/splits/

I don't care. It's not about that. Elway continually carried an INFERIOR TEAM to the superbowl. He beat KC in Arrowhead in the playoffs. It pissed me off.

If Mahomes can top 5 SB appearances and 2 wins, I'll be plenty ****ing happy. Head to head be damned. I know Brady has set the bar ridiculously high, but I'm not greedy.

WhiteWhale
02-13-2019, 07:08 PM
Technically, it most certainly was called the Super Bowl prior to January 1970. Lamar Hunt was somewhat lukewarm about the name he coined in a January 1970 interview with an AP reporter.

Ah, well there you go.

I'm assuming a guy named Bob Dole is old enough to have been alive at this time.

I was not. :D

staylor26
02-13-2019, 07:14 PM
Without Flacco, I felt Denver would draft a bust QB. Now that they feel they have a QB in tow, they’ll likely draft someone in a position (like CB, S, LB, TE) that we may need.

When you have an MVP quarterback, you always want the teams ahead of you in the draft to draft a QB, because that can save “position of need players” for you, since QB obviously isn’t a need for KC. The more quarterbacks drafted, the more position players (like TE, DE, LB, CB) are saved for the Chiefs

Ahh. Sorry I read that wrong. I thought you mean a legit starting QB.

I still wouldn’t rule out a QB though.

Kyle DeLexus
02-13-2019, 07:20 PM
I don't care. It's not about that. Elway continually carried an INFERIOR TEAM to the superbowl. He beat KC in Arrowhead in the playoffs. It pissed me off.

If Mahomes can top 5 SB appearances and 2 wins, I'll be plenty ****ing happy. Head to head be damned. I know Brady has set the bar ridiculously high, but I'm not greedy.

I'd be happy with 2 wins, but I'd like to see 5+ with at least one coming with a different head coach. Brady will always be tied to having Belichick. He's earned his spot as current GOAT, but if another QB gets close and has more than one coach, there would be a legit argument.

staylor26
02-13-2019, 07:26 PM
?

I wouldn’t put too much stock into that. It still makes sense for them to take a QB.

BleedingRed
02-13-2019, 07:27 PM
I wouldn’t put too much stock into that. It still makes sense for them to take a QB.

Elway must sacrifice one each year....

pugsnotdrugs19
02-13-2019, 07:53 PM
This trade reminds me so much of Alex Smith going to Washington last year. Just one of those deals where you know the team is trading for mediocre seasons so long as said QB is the starter. Smith would actually win more than Flacco with all things being equal, but Washington is an extremely disfunctional franchise that was never going to put a great team around him IMO similar to KC or SF.

34 years old on top of Flacco being so meh.... just a complete head scratcher in the best possible way as a KC fan.

Chris Meck
02-13-2019, 07:59 PM
I honestly don't know why anyone does that shit. I'd rather, as an owner of the franchise, take a chance on younger players that might actually develop. over 30 journeymen? Why? so your ceiling is 10-6 and a shitty draft order.

I'd rather take a chance and fail than that.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-13-2019, 08:03 PM
I honestly don't know why anyone does that shit. I'd rather, as an owner of the franchise, take a chance on younger players that might actually develop. over 30 journeymen? Why? so your ceiling is 10-6 and a shitty draft order.

My best guess is Elway is desperate to just get back into playoff contention and thinks Flacco is his best chance.

But I see things the way that you do. Swing big.

RunKC
02-13-2019, 08:06 PM

I think they are still taking Lock.

Kyle DeLexus
02-13-2019, 08:07 PM

A GM that goes 10-6 isn't getting fired. A GM that whiffs on a young QB and continues to have losing season will get tossed. Easy as that.

Kyle DeLexus
02-13-2019, 08:10 PM
A GM that goes 10-6 isn't getting fired. A GM that whiffs on a young QB and continues to have losing season will get tossed. Easy as that.

And owners just care about selling tickets. Easier to do at 10-6 than it is 3-13.

jjchieffan
02-13-2019, 08:16 PM

I don't think that Flacco would be a journeyman. Keesum would be. He's on, I believe, his 4 team. Flacco was drafted by Baltimore and played there his entire career.

Best22
02-13-2019, 08:18 PM
I don't think that Flacco would be a journeyman. Keesum would be. He's on, I believe, his 4 team. Flacco was drafted by Baltimore and played there his entire career.

He’s a journeyman now

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Good thing Veach has nothing to worry about

ChiefsCountry
02-13-2019, 08:28 PM
Denver does what Chiefs did with Alex Smith and gave up less. CP makes fun of them. CP sucks off Chiefs trade for Alex Smith. Always a double standard.

Reerun_KC
02-13-2019, 08:28 PM
Rehash that trash. Donkeys taking a page out of the Chiefs “how to fail for 4 decades” playbook.

Reerun_KC
02-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Denver does what Chiefs did with Alex Smith and gave up less. CP makes fun of them. CP sucks off Chiefs trade for Alex Smith. Always a double standard.

The foundation of CP is hypocrisy.....

But yes. Reading this thread is ironic at best.

htismaqe
02-13-2019, 08:41 PM

There were a ton of people here that HATED the trade for Smith.

ChiefsCountry
02-13-2019, 08:44 PM

Yes I know. But many sucked it off because of the arrowhead on the side of the helmet even though it was as dumb as what Denver did. Actually worst because they gave up more draft capital.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Yes I know. But many sucked it off because of the arrowhead on the side of the helmet even though it was as dumb as what Denver did. Actually worst because they gave up more draft capital.

Without the Smith trade, Mahomes almost certainly isn’t here. Can’t forget that.

The Chiefs were the laughing stock of the NFL when Smith was brought in and they needed some serious stability that he helped to provide.

tk13
02-13-2019, 08:48 PM
I don't know that I'd directly compare this to the Smith trade. When the Chiefs traded for Smith he was 29 years old. Flacco's 34. That's a pretty major difference.

Plus Smith is probably better statistically, he has a better completion percentage, higher yards/attempt, better TD and INT percentages. And that's even including all those horrible Niners years. We did give up a lot for Smith though, for sure... but I don't know that it was exactly the same as this either.

Mecca
02-13-2019, 08:49 PM
To be fair Joe Flacco looks like a heavily declining player.

tk13
02-13-2019, 08:52 PM
To be fair Joe Flacco looks like a heavily declining player.

That's a fair point too. Smith had actually played pretty well, relatively speaking, in recent years and was trending up. Flacco has been doing the opposite.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if a change of scenery didn't get him going a bit and maybe he has a bounce back year or two. But there's no way you can say a 34 year old QB is a long term play.

Best22
02-13-2019, 08:53 PM

Sort of. But the Broncos are in better shape than we were in 2012

There weren’t any QB in 2013 draft worth taking a flyer on

The Broncos were better last year and there are legitimate prospects in the 2019 draft who are likely better than Keenum

I’m happy to see Denver take this route

RunKC
02-13-2019, 09:02 PM

There wasn’t a single QB that we could have drafted that would have been as good as Alex since Andy got here. Wentz is the only one of every one drafted that is better and he has been injury prone.

Meanwhile many morons here wanted Geno Smith.

You guys act like a Patrick Mahomes type talent comes often.

Reerun_KC
02-13-2019, 09:03 PM

And ton that supported and loved the trade....

Reerun_KC
02-13-2019, 09:05 PM
Without the Smith trade, Mahomes almost certainly isn’t here. Can’t forget that.

The Chiefs were the laughing stock of the NFL when Smith was brought in and they needed some serious stability that he helped to provide.

And they still were the laughing stock of the NFL with Smith. They own #2 and #3 all time playoff failures.

Reerun_KC
02-13-2019, 09:06 PM
I don't know that I'd directly compare this to the Smith trade. When the Chiefs traded for Smith he was 29 years old. Flacco's 34. That's a pretty major difference.

Plus Smith is probably better statistically, he has a better completion percentage, higher yards/attempt, better TD and INT percentages. And that's even including all those horrible Niners years. We did give up a lot for Smith though, for sure... but I don't know that it was exactly the same as this either.

And way less playoff wins than Flacco.

TEX
02-13-2019, 09:12 PM
One of the few Donk fans that are good people..imo

Garcia Bronco is just a tool. He talks all kinds of shit on the Mange. (TG is the 3rd best , maybe even 4th all time AFC West TE )(Mahomes = Marino, except not as good) etc. Circle jerks with all the other donktards, then comes here and trolls. He's nothing more than a Poser Mule Tool. A real disingenuous POS.

And now he gets to cheer for Joe Flacco. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base. LMAO

stevieray
02-13-2019, 09:20 PM
That's a fair point too. Smith had actually played pretty well, relatively speaking, in recent years and was trending up. Flacco has been doing the opposite.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if a change of scenery didn't get him going a bit and maybe he has a bounce back year or two. But there's no way you can say a 34 year old QB is a long term play.

Exactly. I wouldn't write him off just yet. One last dance. They will try to play to his strengths, and they will probably be competitive due to the run game, but not dominant, IMO.

Tribal Warfare
02-13-2019, 09:48 PM
Patrick's like

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/its-good-to-be-the-king-gif-7.gif

tk13
02-13-2019, 09:52 PM
And way less playoff wins than Flacco.

Yeah, he had one playoff run that was an all-timer where he played out of his mind. No doubt... and they won the Super Bowl. That was one of the best postseason runs ever. He finished with like 11 TD and 0 INT.

But that run was literally about it for his playoff dominance.

Remember this is the same guy who once won a playoff game going 4-10 for 34 yards. For the entire game. Can you imagine how much someone like you would have complained if Alex Smith had done that.

Reerun_KC
02-13-2019, 09:57 PM
Yeah, he had one playoff run that was an all-timer where he played out of his mind. No doubt... and they won the Super Bowl. That was one of the best postseason runs ever. He finished with like 11 TD and 0 INT.

But that run was literally about it for his playoff dominance.

Remember this is the same guy who once won a playoff game going 4-10 for 34 yards. For the entire game. Can you imagine how much someone like you would have complained if Alex Smith had done that.

Thankfully I don’t care. Alex is my all til most hated chief player. And Flacco is a donkey. So he can lick aids also.

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2019, 10:02 PM
Garcia Bronco is just a tool. He talks all kinds of shit on the Mange. (TG is the 3rd best , maybe even 4th all time AFC West TE )(Mahomes = Marino, except not as good) etc. Circle jerks with all the other donktards, then comes here and trolls. He's nothing more than a Poser Mule Tool. A real disingenuous POS.

And now he gets to cheer for Joe Flacco. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base. LMAO

Whoaa.. I don't recall comparing Patty Deuce to anybody. Former Atlanta Falcon Tony Gonzalez is probably the third best tight end in the AFC West all time. He might be 4th. Fourth is great.

RealSNR
02-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Whoaa.. I don't recall comparing Patty Deuce to anybody. Former Atlanta Falcon Tony Gonzalez is probably the third best tight end in the AFC West all time. He might be 4th. Fourth is great.

I assume you're talking about Sharpe and Gates. I am also interested in who you think might beat him out for 3rd. This should be good.

htismaqe
02-13-2019, 10:10 PM
There wasn’t a single QB that we could have drafted that would have been as good as Alex since Andy got here. Wentz is the only one of every one drafted that is better and he has been injury prone.

Meanwhile many morons here wanted Geno Smith.

You guys act like a Patrick Mahomes type talent comes often.

You don't know if you don't try. Like the Chiefs for 35+ years before Patrick Mahomes.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-13-2019, 10:11 PM
I assume you're talking about Sharpe and Gates. I am also interested in who you think might beat him out for 3rd. This should be good.

Winslow?

Either way, it’s wrong.

Tribal Warfare
02-13-2019, 10:12 PM

Kellan Winslow

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2019, 10:14 PM
Kellan Winslow

See this is why I post at the chiefs planet. You don't have to explain everything to everybody cuz they know.

Anyway just having some fun with you today. Gonzalez is great mahomes is great chiefs are great congratulations on the enormity of your success.

RealSNR
02-13-2019, 10:52 PM
See this is why I post at the chiefs planet. You don't have to explain everything to everybody cuz they know.

Anyway just having some fun with you today. Gonzalez is great mahomes is great chiefs are great congratulations on the enormity of your success.

Hey, if you're gonna troll, go big or go home. Bump Gonzalez down to 5th. Put in Dave Casper at #4.

CrossCheck
02-13-2019, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the chuckle.

The Chargers are the only team in the west Denver has a winning record against, maybe if you pick up another couple HOF QB's from the Colts you can improve on that. You sure as hell can't draft one.

In58men
02-13-2019, 11:03 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/85fcd45f1b3054bb6b4c9b5d800cf2d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedChief
02-14-2019, 12:23 AM
Lol

Beef Supreme
02-14-2019, 01:02 AM

I would directly compare it to the Smith trade. The one where we traded him to Washington.

They aren't the same QB at all though. With Flacco you have a streaky qb who has really long bad streaks, and he throws it up deep, but short and hopes for pass interference. With smith you get the checkdown. First time, every time.

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 05:59 AM
You guys are just being mean... what have Broncos' fans done to you guys over the years? Can't we all just get along?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/15b93287bcd6db08a04de1d99616f2c7/tumblr_osn22o1ygH1w27jeoo1_400.gif

38yrsfan
02-14-2019, 06:32 AM
He's right and wrong.

Wiki disagrees.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl

It was used in the media as early as mid 60s and officially adopted for Superbowl III.

2 cents.

Hammock Parties
02-14-2019, 06:43 AM
You guys are just being mean... what have Broncos' fans done to you guys over the years? Can't we all just get along?

fucking NO

you chop-blocking, vaseline-smearing, non-called-false-starting, illegal-screen-calling, salary-cap-circumventing-assed WHORES!

TAKE YOUR FUCKING MEDICINE

YOU ARE OUR FUCKING BITCHES NOW AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

BEND THE FUCKING KNEE

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 07:11 AM
Meh...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1321ec0dc50522d471a80c4497b78d45/tenor.gif?itemid=10168634

RealSNR
02-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Meh...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1321ec0dc50522d471a80c4497b78d45/tenor.gif?itemid=10168634

You can “We shall see” all you want, but you gotta admit that right now the odds are against Denver doing anything noteworthy in the next 5 years or so. Perhaps more if the ownership situation doesn’t stabilize

TEX
02-14-2019, 09:25 AM
You can “We shall see” all you want, but you gotta admit that right now the odds are against Denver doing anything noteworthy in the next 5 years or so. Perhaps more if the ownership situation doesn’t stabilize

That's his standard answer for most everything that he knows can blow up in Denver's face.... BTW, he said it would be a "Quick Turnaround." LMAO

fan4ever
02-14-2019, 09:26 AM
****ing NO

you chop-blocking, vaseline-smearing, non-called-false-starting, illegal-screen-calling, salary-cap-circumventing-assed WHORES!

TAKE YOUR ****ING MEDICINE

YOU ARE OUR ****ING BITCHES NOW AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

BEND THE ****ING KNEE

You forgot steroid using...

RunKC
02-14-2019, 09:32 AM
You don't know if you don't try. Like the Chiefs for 35+ years before Patrick Mahomes.

I’m with you, but Andy was 100% right in choosing to wait. I wanted us to draft Derek Carr, but looking back in hindsight, this was 100% the right move.

Yeah we could have just taken someone to take them, but it would have been Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, Geno Smith or even Paxton Lynch. At best, you are getting the same thing. Dak Prescott is basically Alex Smith...a limited QB who relies heavily on scheme.

Appreciate how lucky we are. Besides Pat, here are the QB’s since Aaron Rodgers that are worth the investment and can carry your team:

Carson Wentz
Andrew Luck
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Matt Stafford
Cam Newton

That’s a short list in the last 13 years. And honestly a few of those guys are debatable.

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 09:39 AM
That's his standard answer for most everything that he knows can blow up in Denver's face.... BTW, he said it would be a "Quick Turnaround." LMAO

I do view 'quick' to be shorter than 5 years. I think the trade for Flacco is a strange move when they kind of already have that. Flacco is better than Keenum, but not vastly better. Both are short-term pseudo-fixes.

None of it matters if they don't address the OL and find a viable consistent threat at TE.

Doob02
02-14-2019, 09:43 AM
The simple fact that you think a TE can really help fix things speaks volumes...

TEX
02-14-2019, 09:44 AM
I do view 'quick' to be shorter than 5 years. I think the trade for Flacco is a strange move when they kind of already have that. Flacco is better than Keenum, but not vastly better. Both are short-term pseudo-fixes.

None of it matters if they don't address the OL and find a viable consistent threat at TE.

The deal is, it's going into year 4, or 3, depending on how you look at it. It's not going to turn around in one or two years. And the best part is, that once you do finally start to turn things around, you'll think that you have a legit shot, but you won't, unless you have THAT guy under center, but that's doubtful because Elway seems pretty clueless about that part.

DeepPurple
02-14-2019, 09:59 AM
I thought Flacco would go to the Jaguars or maybe even the Redskins not knowing if Smith will ever play again. The one thing about Flacco, in 11 seasons he started 16 games in 9 of those, so he's pretty sturdy for that position. I've seen him get hit so many terrible times and he would just bounce back up. That's something that Foles can't say at Philly, if he had come available.

Actually before he got injured this last season, he was having one of his better years;

9 games 232 completions 379 attempts 61% 2465 yards 12 TD 6 int 10.6 yac 273 yards a game QBR 84.2

CrossCheck
02-14-2019, 10:19 AM
The simple fact that you think a TE can really help fix things speaks volumes...

Elway is as bad at picking Tight Ends as QBs, 3 in the last 4 years and they are still looking.

I heard on the radio today that in Baltimore they called Flacco the pocket sloth...lol

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 10:19 AM

Never said TE would be the end-all problem solver... I'm a believer that having a legitimate pass catching threat at that position is a must have. The OL is the greater concern.

The deal is, it's going into year 4, or 3, depending on how you look at it. It's not going to turn around in one or two years. And the best part is, that once you do finally start to turn things around, you'll think that you have a legit shot, but you won't, unless you have THAT guy under center, but that's doubtful because Elway seems pretty clueless about that part.

We're going into Year 4 after Manning. 2016 wasn't a terrible year, but the last 2 were, without question terrible years. I said after the SB win that it bought them time for me.

I know Rome isn't built in a day. There were six seasons of nothing to write home about between Plummer and Manning. We're going into Year 4 of this next transition.

I'm in it for the long game, so I can fight through the shit seasons to get there. I firmly do not believe this will be a decade's long battle to get back to watching really good football.

Denver is in the Cutler/Orton/Tebow phase... they'll get out of it, maybe they draft a guy that turns out to be great. Maybe Flacco (doubt it) somehow finds magic in his twilight years. Maybe they twist in the wind another couple of years.

I'm just along for the ride...

htismaqe
02-14-2019, 10:27 AM
We're going into Year 4 after Manning. 2016 wasn't a terrible year, but the last 2 were, without question terrible years. I said after the SB win that it bought them time for me.

I know Rome isn't built in a day. There were six seasons of nothing to write home about between Plummer and Manning. We're going into Year 4 of this next transition.

I'm in it for the long game, so I can fight through the shit seasons to get there. I firmly do not believe this will be a decade's long battle to get back to watching really good football.

Denver is in the Cutler/Orton/Tebow phase... they'll get out of it, maybe they draft a guy that turns out to be great. Maybe Flacco (doubt it) somehow finds magic in his twilight years. Maybe they twist in the wind another couple of years.

So you're counting on Elway FINALLY drafting a QB that's worth something? What gives you any faith at all that he can actually get it right or are you just hoping beyond hope that he hits on one blindly?

Halfcan
02-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Must be tough to be a Donk fan this week- Good news- you get rid of Case.

Bad News- Joe Flucko is now your QB.

The same QB that was hurt last year and lost his job to another kid that can't even throw the ball. Embarrassing.

Meanwhile, your hated division rival has the NFL MVP and is already 3-0 against you in his short career.

FringeNC
02-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Drafting QBs is hard. You can forgive Denver for Lynch. The Keenum thing was questionable, but THIS THIS...is insanity. Giving up a 4th and paying 20+ million for a replacement level player? One of the worst moves in the NFL I can ever remember. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Can the Broncos just cut Flacco and walk away losing only a 4th?

Halfcan
02-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Drafting QBs is hard. You can forgive Denver for Lynch. The Keenum thing was questionable, but THIS THIS...is insanity. Giving up a 4th and paying 20+ million for a replacement level player? One of the worst moves in the NFL I can ever remember. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Can the Broncos just cut Flacco and walk away losing only a 4th?

no

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 10:43 AM
So you're counting on Elway FINALLY drafting a QB that's worth something? What gives you any faith at all that he can actually get it right or are you just hoping beyond hope that he hits on one blindly?

It's a process... they made some calculated risks and they failed with Brock and Lynch. They have over-reacted to those failures with Case and Flacco. Siemian wasn't terrible. Hell, had they fixed the OL... who knows he could have been an adequate option for a few years until they found the next true starter.

Must be tough to be a Donk fan this week- Good news- you get rid of Case.

Bad News- Joe Flucko is now your QB.

The same QB that was hurt last year and lost his job to another kid that can't even throw the ball. Embarrassing.

Meanwhile, your hated division rival has the NFL MVP and is already 3-0 against you in his short career.

Things are cyclical... if we're still dealing with this in 3-4 years, then yeah - total failure.

htismaqe
02-14-2019, 10:47 AM

Even if you forgive him for Lynch, what about Chad Kelly? Or Case Keenum? Or Trevor Siemian? Or Zac Dysert? Or Brock Osweiler?

htismaqe
02-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Things are cyclical... if we're still dealing with this in 3-4 years, then yeah - total failure.

That's just the thing - what, in Elway's 8 years as GM tells you he won't still be dealing with this in 3-4 years? What has he done that objectively suggests he knows what he is doing at the QB position?

RealSNR
02-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Never said TE would be the end-all problem solver... I'm a believer that having a legitimate pass catching threat at that position is a must have. The OL is the greater concern.

You got out your cutler/orton/tebow phase through the grace of Peyton Manning waltzing in that door.

Manning begot Emmanuel Sanders and made your talent that struggled under other QBs much better. He’s a franchise QB. He has that effect. And they came aboard at a reasonable price because it was Manning. Not because of “THEYRE THE BRONCOS! TEH HISTORIEEEZZZ!!” And the same goes for all the defensive pieces you picked up. Do you think they sign with you at the prices they did because of any other reason but Manning?

Pat Mahomes is already having that effect and it’s not even free agency yet.

You will still get players to sign with you, but only if Elway pays market value or above. And if there are multiple suitors, you might just lose out because you don’t have a real QB.

And let’s say another Manning comes along. Maybe Aaron Rodgers or somebody like that. Your team is a flaming dumpster. They’re not going anywhere near you. The ownership, Elway, and your carousel of coaches is going to deter any and all advances you make.

But we shall see, won’t we?

Halfcan
02-14-2019, 10:53 AM
It's a process... they made some calculated risks and they failed with Brock and Lynch. They have over-reacted to those failures with Case and Flacco. Siemian wasn't terrible. Hell, had they fixed the OL... who knows he could have been an adequate option for a few years until they found the next true starter.

Siemian was the best of the bunch imo. He never lived up the all the Monday Night hype that he was the next Manning, but he was better than Case, Brock and Lynch.

I don't think Flacco can stay healthy for the rest of his contract. So who will be the backup QB? Do you keep Case as a 10 million dollar 2nd stringer?

It seems like a complete desperation move by Elway. You have the highest QB dollars being spent in the NFL and yet the worst QB situation in the division. :rolleyes:

Add to the fact that Flacco is not mobile at all and you have to play the Chargers and Chiefs both with great pass rushers. Elway has gone down the rabbit hole and it will take years and a lot of luck to get back to the Playoffs.

TEX
02-14-2019, 10:54 AM

Better buckle up!

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Even if you forgive him for Lynch, what about Chad Kelly? Or Case Keenum? Or Trevor Siemian? Or Zac Dysert? Or Brock Osweiler?

Kelly? He was a nothing 7th round final pick ... lost nothing by taking him. Same with Siemian, but he actually did ok for a short bit. Dysert? Now, you can say they missed with Brock and Lynch for sure. Same with Case.

That's just the thing - what, in Elway's 8 years as GM tells you he won't still be dealing with this in 3-4 years? What has he done that objectively suggests he knows what he is doing at the QB position?

I'm not going to debate his track record, he's missed on all his QB attempts and found himself in the perfect spot with Manning, for sure. Hell, so many here said that would fail and they would be no better than a 9/10 win team with broken down Manning.

That aside... Elway has experienced the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows in his 8 years. He holds on to his old ways too often, but I think he's slowsly adapting. I like this coaching staff much better than the others. Elway has a lot to prove and for many, his window is closing and rightfully so. I'll ride the storm out.

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 11:00 AM
You got out your cutler/orton/tebow phase through the grace of Peyton Manning waltzing in that door.

Manning begot Emmanuel Sanders and made your talent that struggled under other QBs much better. He’s a franchise QB. He has that effect. And they came aboard at a reasonable price because it was Manning. Not because of “THEYRE THE BRONCOS! TEH HISTORIEEEZZZ!!” And the same goes for all the defensive pieces you picked up. Do you think they sign with you at the prices they did because of any other reason but Manning?

Pat Mahomes is already having that effect and it’s not even free agency yet.

You will still get players to sign with you, but only if Elway pays market value or above. And if there are multiple suitors, you might just lose out because you don’t have a real QB.

And let’s say another Manning comes along. Maybe Aaron Rodgers or somebody like that. Your team is a flaming dumpster. They’re not going anywhere near you. The ownership, Elway, and your carousel of coaches is going to deter any and all advances you make.

But we shall see, won’t we?

In the end, yes - we will see.

Halfcan
02-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Elway is as bad at picking Tight Ends as QBs, 3 in the last 4 years and they are still looking.

I heard on the radio today that in Baltimore they called Flacco the pocket sloth...lol

Pocket Sloth! ROFL

Slow Joe is pretty statuesque back there and not elusive at all.

This is not the type of QB you want when you have guys like Bosa, Ford, Jones and Houston coming at you 4 games a year. Even if Case was inaccurate throwing, he could still move around a little and get you some first downs with his legs. I would be pretty depressed if the Chiefs were about to pay Slow Joe 20 million bucks this year. Got to give the Ravens props for getting out from under that ridiculous contract. A sucker is born every day.

htismaqe
02-14-2019, 11:03 AM
Kelly? He was a nothing 7th round final pick ... lost nothing by taking him. Same with Siemian, but he actually did ok for a short bit. Dysert? Now, you can say they missed with Brock and Lynch for sure. Same with Case.

Normally, I wouldn't mention Kelly or Siemian for that very reason (late round flyers) but in this case, it's about looking at the whole of his work. Outside of having Manning drop straight from Heaven into his lap, it sure seems like he knows next to nothing about evaluating QBs.

I'm trying to remain as objective as possible here, given that you're a Bronco fan and I'm not, but if I were you, I don't see a whole lot of reasons for hope.

Halfcan
02-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Since Elway likes paying high dollars for damaged goods- maybe we can trade them Berry?

Beef Supreme
02-14-2019, 11:06 AM
They could have just rode Siemian on a cheap contract and had similar or even better results. I mean if you are going for "stop gap" might as well go cheap.

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 11:08 AM
They could have just rode Siemian on a cheap contract and had similar or even better results. I mean if you are going for "stop gap" might as well go cheap.

100% agree and believe I said as much at the time... fix the OL first.

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Normally, I wouldn't mention Kelly or Siemian for that very reason (late round flyers) but in this case, it's about looking at the whole of his work. Outside of having Manning drop straight from Heaven into his lap, it sure seems like he knows next to nothing about evaluating QBs.

I'm trying to remain as objective as possible here, given that you're a Bronco fan and I'm not, but if I were you, I don't see a whole lot of reasons for hope.

Well, it's all outside my control right... all we can do is hope.

htismaqe
02-14-2019, 11:13 AM
Well, it's all outside my control right... all we can do is hope.

Very true.

Mile High Mania
02-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Very true.

I view the recent insanity a bunch of different ways... they're defnitely not afraid to make a change. Hell, they've now had as many head coaches since Manning won the SB as PIT has had in my lifetime.

TEX
02-14-2019, 11:34 AM
I view the recent insanity a bunch of different ways... they're defnitely not afraid to make a change. Hell, they've now had as many head coaches since Manning won the SB as PIT has had in my lifetime.

But only ONE GM, and THAT's what needs to change... I loved to HATE Elway as a player, because he was so good. However, I absolutely LOVE him as a GM, because he's so bad.

FringeNC
02-14-2019, 11:36 AM

Yep, Siemian showed some potential, at least with Kubiak as head coach. Hard to evaluate 2017 -- Vance Joseph was terrible as was the line. Personally, I think Siemian is better than Flacco. His 2016 numbers were better than Flacco's.

Hammock Parties
02-14-2019, 11:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzYlctYU8AAZboQ.jpg

Beef Supreme
02-14-2019, 11:59 AM
I'm just glad we aren't the team anymore that has to have people desperately trying to justify the legitimacy of our QB.

cdcox
02-28-2019, 12:38 AM
I just learned of this awesome news. Yes I have been living under a rock for several months.

BlackOp
02-28-2019, 01:13 AM
I just saw Horseface saying he would like for Keester to be his backup QB...if he redoes his contract. ROFL

Yeah..I bet that swindler would love to have him as a BU... he's already guaranteed like $8 million this season from the Donks if he does nothing.

Keesum will fetch at least $5-6 million as a back-up from another team...so around $13-14 million (total) next year. He's going to tell Drunko to go **** himself.

How exactly does that conversation go down "Keesum, look I know bringing in Joe just took $10 million out of your pocket...and we saddled you with a terrible coaching staff and essentially fired you after one season...but can you cut us a deal? We'll have to pay for another BU QB if you leave and it will be expensive".

I hope Horsetard never gets fired...

cmh6476
03-19-2020, 02:49 PM
well that experiment didn't last long

Red Dawg
03-19-2020, 02:52 PM
Elway said Flacco was in his prime a year ago. That was a little off.

Setsuna
03-19-2020, 10:24 PM
I thought Flacco would go to the Jaguars or maybe even the Redskins not knowing if Smith will ever play again. The one thing about Flacco, in 11 seasons he started 16 games in 9 of those, so he's pretty sturdy for that position. I've seen him get hit so many terrible times and he would just bounce back up. That's something that Foles can't say at Philly, if he had come available.

Actually before he got injured this last season, he was having one of his better years;

9 games 232 completions 379 attempts 61% 2465 yards 12 TD 6 int 10.6 yac 273 yards a game QBR 84.2

WHY TF WOULD THE JAGS PICK UP FLACCO? YOU NEED HELP SUCKA.

jjchieffan
03-20-2020, 07:58 AM
So, does the failed physical designation save the Donks some money? I wouldn't think that it should since he got hurt playing for them. I just was wondering why they would release him with that designation.

Mile High Mania
03-20-2020, 08:16 AM
So, does the failed physical designation save the Donks some money? I wouldn't think that it should since he got hurt playing for them. I just was wondering why they would release him with that designation.

I don't know, but I really doubt it does anything regarding the cap hit.

Halfcan
03-20-2020, 03:20 PM
Dumped 1 Flacco and now they hope a younger version of him in Lock will get the fans excited enough to keep buying tickets to this mess. I think they might be in for a very long year again.

Shields68
03-20-2020, 03:55 PM
I don't know, but I really doubt it does anything regarding the cap hit.

My understanding is that it does 2 things 1) They do not have to give him an injury settlement and 2) they take the cap hit all this year. Same as releasing him prior to June 1.

Coochie liquor
03-20-2020, 05:16 PM
My understanding is that it does 2 things 1) They do not have to give him an injury settlement and 2) they take the cap hit all this year. Same as releasing him prior to June 1.

Good thing Failway upped his contract last year when he was “still in his prime”.