that's nice.

....next.

Baby Lee
02-15-2019, 04:32 PM
Ssshhh.

Confidential

R Clark
02-15-2019, 04:41 PM
That’s to bad,that slug doesn’t deserve a dime. Reid might but not other dumbshit

In58men
02-15-2019, 04:49 PM
That’s to bad,that slug doesn’t deserve a dime. Reid might but not other dumbshit

But let’s get Kareem back into the league, he stands and doesn’t speak out against racial injustice. He just kicks girls softly in the head.

stevieray
02-15-2019, 04:52 PM
But let’s get Kareem back into the league, he stands and doesn’t speak out against racial injustice. He just kicks girls softly in the shoulder.

FYP

In58men
02-15-2019, 04:53 PM
FYP

As long as it’s not in the head, kick away right?

That makes it okay. ROFL

stevieray
02-15-2019, 04:55 PM
As long as it’s not in the head, kick away right?

That makes it okay. ROFL

^another false narrative.

just can't help yourself, huh?

R Clark
02-15-2019, 04:57 PM
I guess I missed the part where I said anything about hunt. Dumbass

In58men
02-15-2019, 04:57 PM
^another false narrative.

just can't help yourself, huh?

What does it matter if it was in the head or shoulder?

Apparently you assume there’s a difference.

Hamwallet
02-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Early leaks are 60-80 million dollar settlement.

In58men
02-15-2019, 04:59 PM
I guess I missed the part where I said anything about hunt. Dumbass

My post was a jab at the NFL.

Dumbass

stevieray
02-15-2019, 05:01 PM

What matters is the truth.

I shot your wife in the head.

I shot your wife in the shoulder.

try to pay attention.

In58men
02-15-2019, 05:02 PM
What matters is the truth.

I shot your wife in the head.

I shot your wife in the shoulder.

try to pay attention.

Okay, but who gives a fuck where he kicked her?

loochy
02-15-2019, 05:08 PM
K

Now stfu and go away (or just play in Reid's case)

stevieray
02-15-2019, 05:10 PM
Okay, but who gives a **** where he shoved her with his foot?

FYP

there you go again.

In58men
02-15-2019, 05:11 PM
FYP

there you go again.

ROFL

I actually chuckled

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-15-2019, 05:12 PM
I hope somebody takes their knees out since they like to use them so much

displacedinMN
02-15-2019, 05:16 PM
Any amount of money is too much.

It will be gone in 5

On the next episode of 30 for 30--Broke.

In58men
02-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Any amount of money is too much.

It will be gone in 5

On the next episode of 30 for 30--Broke.

I think Kaep knows what he’s doing.

Chiefs=Champions
02-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Doesn't this make Reid a giant hypocrite given the way he went after Jenkins?

Cosmos
02-15-2019, 06:33 PM
So the NFL essentially buyes the silence of Kap and Reid with regards to NFL collusion, is this correct?

Sure-Oz
02-15-2019, 06:36 PM
I think Kaep knows what he’s doing.Yep

Renegade
02-15-2019, 08:17 PM
So did each team have to Pony up $2M to the NFL?

TribalElder
02-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Wasn't the first time Kaepernick took a knee right after he was benched in favor of Alex?

Seems like someone was saying he was protesting getting benched and then when asked about it he mentioned he was protesting for equality.

that could be completely wrong, I don't remember when the take a knee thing first started, was Colin still the starting QB?

Flying High D
02-15-2019, 08:28 PM
He didn’t take a knee. It started with sitting on a table between Two Gatorade coolers hiding and pouting. Such a pussy.

WhawhaWhat
02-15-2019, 08:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Number NFL team officials are speculating to me is the NFL paid Kaepernick in the $60 to $80 million range.</p>&mdash; mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/1096495453548564480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DTVietnam
02-15-2019, 10:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kaepernick?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Kaepernick</a> had the NFL on the ropes, a chance to expose the “good ole boys” network. <br><br>Sold out his cause, a chance to be a dominating factor in the AAF league, proving he didn’t need the NFL....<br><br>I can’t wait for the new Nike campaign. <br><br>“I SETTLED”</p>&mdash; Larry Johnson (@2LarryJohnson7) <a href="https://twitter.com/2LarryJohnson7/status/1096499397171576835?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DTVietnam
02-15-2019, 10:22 PM
How many time you think Matt Cassel's name was brought up throughout this settlement?

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/matt-cassel-chiefs-celebration.gif

tk13
02-15-2019, 10:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Number NFL team officials are speculating to me is the NFL paid Kaepernick in the $60 to $80 million range.</p>&mdash; mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/1096495453548564480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2019</a></blockquote>

It was funny because one of the first comments was exactly what I was going to say. Kap's lawyer was going to come to that trial and play about 3 and a half minutes of Nathan Peterman footage and that probably would have been the end of that.

This also keeps the NFL from ever having to go to discovery and having their dirt out in the open.

Hoover
02-15-2019, 10:37 PM
two years of Goodell's salary to make it go away. deal

gblowfish
02-15-2019, 10:51 PM
Whenever both sides keep a settlement silent, you know some big bucks changed hands and some serious skeletons got nailed into a closet.

JakeF
02-15-2019, 10:56 PM
Eric Reid just signed a 3yr, 22million dollar extension. How can you be blacklisted if you have a job?

Best22
02-15-2019, 11:04 PM
Wasn't the first time Kaepernick took a knee right after he was benched in favor of Alex?

Seems like someone was saying he was protesting getting benched and then when asked about it he mentioned he was protesting for equality.

that could be completely wrong, I don't remember when the take a knee thing first started, was Colin still the starting QB?

Not benched for Alex.

Benched for Gabbert

kcxiv
02-16-2019, 12:01 AM
So the NFL essentially buyes the silence of Kap and Reid with regards to NFL collusion, is this correct?

it buys the silence of the inner working of the NFL, its why they did it! That would have opened up a whole new can of worms it seems. NFL did not want that! Good for Kaep to get some cash out of their corrupt asses.

kcxiv
02-16-2019, 12:02 AM
Whenever both sides keep a settlement silent, you know some big bucks changed hands and some serious skeletons got nailed into a closet.

yep, NFL knew they were in a bad spot. so they had to fork out some serious cash. We all know the NFL is corrupt, but to see it on paper, its a huge no no! lol

kcxiv
02-16-2019, 12:03 AM
Eric Reid just signed a 3yr, 22million dollar extension. How can you be blacklisted if you have a job?

Reid started the proceedings before he got the contract, at that point, ya might as well just keep at it!

TribalElder
02-16-2019, 12:10 AM
Not benched for Alex.

Benched for Gabbert

Ahhh that’s right Alex was gone by then

kstater
02-16-2019, 12:51 AM

Wonder what they didn’t want to come out in discovery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarkDavis'Haircut
02-16-2019, 06:18 AM
Quick question: how would collusion work in this situation? The NFL wasn't blocking them on racial or religious grounds. Why can't the NFL be allowed to control who plays in their league?!

Sannyasi
02-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Quick question: how would collusion work in this situation? The NFL wasn't blocking them on racial or religious grounds. Why can't the NFL be allowed to control who plays in their league?!

The NFL working together to bar a player from the league is a violation of the collective bargaining agreement. So it’s ok for any one team to decide that they don’t want to sign him, or even for all 32 teams to decide not to sign him provided that they all came to this conclusion separately. But it’s not ok for the league office to try to influence the individual teams as to whether they should sign a player or not.

MarkDavis'Haircut
02-16-2019, 06:49 AM
The NFL working together to bar a player from the league is a violation of the collective bargaining agreement. So it’s ok for any one team to decide that they don’t want to sign him, or even for all 32 teams to decide not to sign him provided that they all came to this conclusion separately. But it’s not ok for the league office to try to influence the individual teams as to whether they should sign a player or not.

Thank you, sir.

Hoopsdoc
02-16-2019, 07:24 AM
yep, NFL knew they were in a bad spot. so they had to fork out some serious cash. We all know the NFL is corrupt, but to see it on paper, its a huge no no! lol

Regardless of the merits of either sides case, it was always going to be better for the NFL to settle this. The settlement tells us nothing about what might have been or who had the proverbial upper hand.

SuperBowl4
02-16-2019, 10:04 AM
Early leaks are 60-80 million dollar settlement.He should send Chip Kelly and the 49ers a THANK YOU CARD for benching him in favor of Blaine Gabbert! It worked out pretty good! All the AWARDS, ENDORSEMENTS, and now a just shut up and go away SETTLEMENT with the NFL! He'll be kneeling all the way to the BANK! Set 4 LIFE! Don't forget, the NFLPA named CK the COMMUNITY MVP of WEEK 1 of the 2017 season! Just Do It? He did it! Larry Johnson isn't happy about it though.

LongSufferingToady
02-16-2019, 10:48 AM
It does appear the Kaepernick was blackballed by the league. Without commenting on the rightness or wrongness of his kneeling, the owners chose to not employ him for the bad publicity it would cause. And since the NFL has anti-trust protection, they are seen as a monolithic entity, thus monopolizing the market and preventing a previously employed player from earning a living, unrelated to his ability or skills.

That's why there was a settlement. And honestly, the NFL should NOT have anti-trust protection. Why Congress ever did that is beyond me.

Mecca
02-16-2019, 11:15 AM
I'm sure the NFL has way worse shit that would have come out had this gone very far..hence the payment.

WhiteWhale
02-16-2019, 11:30 AM

Huh?

Let me hit you with a hammer in the head and then the shoulder. You let me know if you notice a distinction.

WhiteWhale
02-16-2019, 11:34 AM
I'm sure the NFL has way worse shit that would have come out had this gone very far..hence the payment.

You know when you make a claim you must frequently assume other things to be true necessarily.

If what you're saying is hypothetically true, that would mean Kaepernick is going to accept a gag order on more egregious racist behavior for money... which entirely undermines everything he's hypothetically fighting against.

Seems more like something you WANT to be true than something that is likely. Usually stuff like this for big corporations is simply done to save costs as lawsuits in the US are extremely expensive when you don't have activist lawyers working pro bono for you.

WhiteWhale
02-16-2019, 11:36 AM

The vast majority of cases end in settlements.

It's really not that scandalous.

tk13
02-16-2019, 11:36 AM
Regardless of the merits of either sides case, it was always going to be better for the NFL to settle this. The settlement tells us nothing about what might have been or who had the proverbial upper hand.

Don't kid yourself. This is the greediest group of owners in professional sports. This is the same group of guys who just a few years ago signed a bunch of billion dollar TV contracts then turned around and locked the players out so they could get a bigger slice of that money. And in 2 more years there's a good chance they're going to try and do it again.

This is one of the most powerful groups in America... they aren't giving away nearly 100 million dollars because they're feeling charitable, especially if they feel they have the upper hand on you.

WhiteWhale
02-16-2019, 11:39 AM
it buys the silence of the inner working of the NFL, its why they did it! That would have opened up a whole new can of worms it seems. NFL did not want that! Good for Kaep to get some cash out of their corrupt asses.

So you also think Kaep was in this for money all along?

Cos if he had a shred of principle and what you say is true (that he had the NFL in a bad place) then he simply wouldn't accept a gag order.

The thing about settlements is that both sides have to agree. If Kaep had nothing to lose, why would HE settle? He's got the pro bono representation, the media on his side, and apparently all the leverage to make the NFL bend over... according to your hypothesis.

I'm skeptical that's the case.

Bugeater
02-16-2019, 11:49 AM
So you also think Kaep was in this for money all along?

Cos if he had a shred of principle and what you say is true (that he had the NFL in a bad place) then he simply wouldn't accept a gag order.

The thing about settlements is that both sides have to agree. If Kaep had nothing to lose, why would HE settle? He's got the pro bono representation, the media on his side, and apparently all the leverage to make the NFL bend over... according to your hypothesis.

I'm skeptical that's the case.If the 60-80M speculated is anywhere close to being true, I don't know how one could come to any other conclusion than he settled when the NFL finally put enough zeros on the check to keep him from saying no.

Chiefshrink
02-16-2019, 12:04 PM
And honestly, the NFL should NOT have anti-trust protection. Why Congress ever did that is beyond me.

You have the right to protect your company big or small. This is America, remember ? Capitalism.:shrug: Something Kaep and Reid are definitely taking advantage of right now through the back door. :rolleyes: If there is no successful capitalism for the NFL, there are no big lawsuits to be awarded for whatever.:shrug:

As far as formal collusion? I doubt it. 32 owners are billionaires for a reason. They understand $$ and how it is made, how to make more and how to protect it. As soon as Kaep showed his Farrakhan hatred for America and the effect it had viewership ratings across the country, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know how to protect your company at that point. Kaep, chose to make himself "hot political garbage" and as time went on when initially he was just pouting because he got benched (as someone said earlier in this thread). But then someone from the radical progressive left saw a huge political and monetary opportunity and got into his ear and said, "hey you want to take this to the moon and then make some serious $$ when it's all said and done? Here is how you do it:thumb:

Much cheaper paying out the lawsuit than losing viewship ratings and retail.:shrug:

On a side note, Kaep's big lack of QB acumen(refusing to be a passionate student of the game) was being exposed more and more as time went on and why his play went to manure. He like many others before him, V Young, RGIII, Leinert, etc.....had the same problem and I assure you it is only a matter of time before Lamar Jackson will be thrown into that same pile. John Harbaugh has made a huge mistake tethering his career to Lamar Jackson IMHO.

Chiefshrink
02-16-2019, 12:06 PM
You know when you make a claim you must frequently assume other things to be true necessarily.

If what you're saying is hypothetically true, that would mean Kaepernick is going to accept a gag order on more egregious racist behavior for money... which entirely undermines everything he's hypothetically fighting against.

Seems more like something you WANT to be true than something that is likely. Usually stuff like this for big corporations is simply done to save costs as lawsuits in the US are extremely expensive when you don't have activist lawyers working pro bono for you.

The vast majority of cases end in settlements.

It's really not that scandalous.

This.:clap:

Chiefshrink
02-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Don't kid yourself. This is the greediest group of owners in professional sports. This is the same group of guys who just a few years ago signed a bunch of billion dollar TV contracts then turned around and locked the players out so they could get a bigger slice of that money. And in 2 more years there's a good chance they're going to try and do it again.

This is one of the most powerful groups in America... they aren't giving away nearly 100 million dollars because they're feeling charitable, especially if they feel they have the upper hand on you.

The NFL and owners are just practicing good capitalism and protecting their company. How is that wrong? Okay greed is definitely sin but.....:shrug:

Hoopsdoc
02-16-2019, 12:18 PM

I don’t disagree that the league owners are a bunch of entitled assholes.

But there was literally no upside for them to continue this. Even if they win in court, they lose in the court of public opinion.

They’re lucky Kap wasn’t really in it for justice and they could just cut him a check.

Chiefshrink
02-16-2019, 12:52 PM
put enough zeros on the check to keep him from saying no.

It's just not Kaep and Reid. There are many attached to these guys(Kaep and Reid) who have helped them take it this far that will get a good portion of this lawsuit as well.;)

chiefzilla1501
02-16-2019, 01:05 PM
You have the right to protect your company big or small. This is America, remember ? Capitalism.:shrug: Something Kaep and Reid are definitely taking advantage of right now through the back door. :rolleyes: If there is no successful capitalism for the NFL, there are no big lawsuits to be awarded for whatever.:shrug:

As far as formal collusion? I doubt it. 32 owners are billionaires for a reason. They understand $$ and how it is made, how to make more and how to protect it. As soon as Kaep showed his Farrakhan hatred for America and the effect it had viewership ratings across the country, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know how to protect your company at that point. Kaep, chose to make himself "hot political garbage" and as time went on when initially he was just pouting because he got benched (as someone said earlier in this thread). But then someone from the radical progressive left saw a huge political and monetary opportunity and got into his ear and said, "hey you want to take this to the moon and then make some serious $$ when it's all said and done? Here is how you do it:thumb:

Much cheaper paying out the lawsuit than losing viewship ratings and retail.:shrug:

On a side note, Kaep's big lack of QB acumen(refusing to be a passionate student of the game) was being exposed more and more as time went on and why his play went to manure. He like many others before him, V Young, RGIII, Leinert, etc.....had the same problem and I assure you it is only a matter of time before Lamar Jackson will be thrown into that same pile. John Harbaugh has made a huge mistake tethering his career to Lamar Jackson IMHO.

Capitalism? No it isn't. The NFL is an oligopoly. You know why the owners continue to cave on these things? Because every single time somebody says "open your books" and they won't. This isn't an open market where players can go wherever they want. The owners have unusual control over it and that includes the ability to underpay their workers (whether we like it or not... Players are absolutely underpaid). So when nfl owners choose to blackball a player, there's a reason the players union takes a very keen interest to it. We have to stop comparing the NFL to ordinary businesses. Players have a ton more leverage in the NFL than most professions.

And by the way... I don't think Kaepernick is a good poster child. But I belheve Eric Reid is a blatant case of blackballing.

Chiefshrink
02-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Capitalism? No it isn't. The NFL is an oligopoly. You know why the owners continue to cave on these things? Because every single time somebody says "open your books" and they won't. This isn't an open market where players can go wherever they want. The owners have unusual control over it and that includes the ability to underpay their workers (whether we like it or not... Players are absolutely underpaid). So when nfl owners choose to blackball a player, there's a reason the players union takes a very keen interest to it. We have to stop comparing the NFL to ordinary businesses. Players have a ton more leverage in the NFL than most professions.

And by the way... I don't think Kaepernick is a good poster child. But I belheve Eric Reid is a blatant case of blackballing.

In bold....compared to the rest of our society? ROFL.

Yes it is capitalism. You can stay private or go public with your company. You go public offering shares, then yes you must open your books but until then......only the Packers must open their books.:D

Eric showed his Farrakhan colors my friend and he was as dead serious as Kaep and when he attached himself to Kaep he signed his own death warrant of never playing again.

MarkDavis'Haircut
02-16-2019, 01:34 PM

Players aren't forced to participate in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501
02-16-2019, 01:50 PM
In bold....compared to the rest of our society? ROFL.

Yes it is capitalism. You can stay private or go public with your company. You go public offering shares, then yes you must open your books but until then......only the Packers must open their books.:D

Eric showed his Farrakhan colors my friend and he was as dead serious as Kaep and when he attached himself to Kaep he signed his own death warrant of never playing again.

Name another industry where you can get away with every company owner colluding on capping wages, and in this case, agreeing to blackball a player from being employed by anyone.

chiefzilla1501
02-16-2019, 01:53 PM
Players aren't forced to participate in the NFL.

If players decide not to participate in the NFL, that severely hurts the owners. The players drive the popularity of the league. There's a reason the player's union is ridiculously powerful.

Chiefshrink
02-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Name another industry where you can get away with every company owner

Nothing personal here but this is where you are mistaken. The NFL is one big corporation with franchise owners. You know like McD's, Wendy's etc...... and they call the shots on wages as well.

agreeing to blackball a player from being employed by anyone.

"Blackball" insinuates they formally came together to do this. You have no proof of that and besides you don't have to come together on a conference call to make sure all 32 toe the line. Like I said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what is best for your bottom line after watching the ratings/$$ fall off to some degree. Kaep/Reid did this to themselves. They finally "bit the hand" that feed their NFL playing opportunities and paid a dear price for it. A dear price not playing again. But on the other hand, they made a manure load of $$ by not playing either. :shrug:

chiefzilla1501
02-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Nothing personal here but this is where you are mistaken. The NFL is one big corporation with franchise owners. You know like McD's, Wendy's etc...... and they call the shots on wages as well.

"Blackball" insinuates they formally came together to do this. You have no proof of that and besides you don't have to come together on a conference call to make sure all 32 toe the line. Like I said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what is best for your bottom line after watching the ratings/$$ fall off to some degree. Kaep/Reid did this to themselves. They finally "bit the hand" that feed their NFL playing opportunities and paid a dear price for it. A dear price not playing again. But on the other hand, they made a manure load of $$ by not playing either. :shrug:

But mcdonald's doesn't have a salary cap. Wages are set by the free market. If mcdonald's sets the wages too low, nobody would work there. The NFL has a unique labor agreement where they almost have a socialist system.... Jerry Jones is limited from buying out Andrew luck for $250m because the NFL as a whole wants to give small market teams a chance through a salary cap. As a fan, I get it. But it means much as incredible as it sounds, owners are allowed to underpay players in ways most businesses could not. If you want to see a true free market sports system, European soccer would be it. If mcdonald's workers go on strike, mcdonald's can shrug it off knowing every employee is easily replaceable. The NFL owners know that great football athletes are not easily replaceable (which is why the AAF has such a limited audience)

From what I recall, the lawsuit was about blackballing. Kaepernicks lawyers had to prove collusion to win. Thought I had seen reports where there were pretty blatant discussions between owners about not signing Kaepernick. Collusion is definitely illegal.

Simply Red
02-17-2019, 02:49 PM
was the audio posted?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/owcy1tnNSRk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

POND_OF_RED
02-17-2019, 05:44 PM
was the audio posted?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/owcy1tnNSRk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What the hell is LJ so busy with these days that he has to cram a 2 minute video in while driving around? Park your fucking car idiot.

Skyy God
02-17-2019, 05:54 PM

Reid played last year and just signed a 3 year deal.

50/50 Kaep is in the league in 2019.

Also, you’re as profound a dumbass as ever for comparing a burger flipper to an NFL player.

Hoopsdoc
02-17-2019, 08:03 PM

Also, you’re as profound a dumbass as ever for comparing a burger flipper to an NFL player.

I don’t see it. He’ll be an extremely limited 32 year old qb who was never that good to begin with and brings boatloads of baggage.

Plus, you run the risk of his deranged girlfriend calling you racist on twitter.

Chiefshrink
02-17-2019, 08:29 PM
From what I recall, the lawsuit was about blackballing. Kaepernicks lawyers had to prove collusion to win. Thought I had seen reports where there were pretty blatant discussions between owners about not signing Kaepernick. Collusion is definitely illegal.

Because Kaep got paid doesn't mean there is proof. But rather it much easier as some have said to pay off for this to go away than rather waste time,$$ and continual bad PR lingering for months/years.

We'll never know if there was "actual collusion" or not.:shrug:

Chiefshrink
02-17-2019, 08:47 PM
Hey, my bad. I usually don't keep up with an Alinsky Lietenent only the Alinsky General(Kaep)

Hey Cave do you see team owners as "white slave owners"? If you do, why would a slave owner let their slaves have their cake and eat it as well? And since when do slaves actually earn hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars a year playing a game?

Ahhhh yes the beauty and exceptional greatness of America and it's capitalistic opportunities for all. Something your dumbass refuses to embrace and would rather play victim instead.:rolleyes:

JakeF
02-18-2019, 02:49 PM
Dan Patrick said that he's heard different. He knows some scouts and other guys in the league. They said that Kaepernick settled without notifying the Player's Union and that it was cheap. It was an est 10 million to Kaepernick and a donation to the charity of Kaepernick's choice of some unknown amount. Kaepernick didn't have any concrete evidence. No tape, no email proof. He was going to lose and his lawyers knew it so they took whatever deal they could get.

The reasons why the NFL settled; relatively cheap, the NFL wouldn't face the discovery process, Executives and Owners wouldn't need to testify.

FWIW

Tribal Warfare
02-18-2019, 02:52 PM

Kaepernick wanted a payday and got it

SuperBowl4
02-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Dan Patrick said that he's heard different. He knows some scouts and other guys in the league. They said that Kaepernick settled without notifying the Player's Union and that it was cheap. It was an est 10 million to Kaepernick and a donation to the charity of Kaepernick's choice of some unknown amount. Kaepernick didn't have any concrete evidence. No tape, no email proof. He was going to lose and his lawyers knew it so they took whatever deal they could get.

The reasons why the NFL settled; relatively cheap, the NFL wouldn't face the discovery process, Executives and Owners wouldn't need to testify.

FWIWWe still know that Goodell and Kraft are good buddies and the Patriots get all the calls to get to the Super Bowl. No discovery needed. We already know.

Flying High D
02-18-2019, 07:17 PM
We still know that Goodell and Kraft are good buddies and the Patriots get all the calls to get to the Super Bowl. No discovery needed. We already know.

Word

listopencil
02-18-2019, 11:12 PM

That's not actually true and you have unknowingly picked a perfect example of why it isn't. Your Wendy's and McD's are locally owned franchises. Each one is a business with an owner that makes their own decisions while agreeing to abide by a few rules to use the name that they paid for. The NFL isn't like that at all. The NFL is a cartel. Their structure isn't actually purely legal in this country so they had to get special permission just to exist. Part of getting that permission was agreeing to abide by certain special rules. I think it's most likely that the NFL was afraid that an open, dragged out lawsuit would expose the structure of their special situation and leave them as targets for SJW lawmakers.

listopencil
02-18-2019, 11:13 PM
To be clear, the Patriots don't really compete with, for example, the Chiefs. Not in a business sense. They are the same company.

jjchieffan
02-19-2019, 12:03 AM

Hahaha. NFL players are hardly underpaid. How can you type that with a straight face. The salary cap for 2019 is estimated at $191 million. Split 53 ways, that's over $3.5 million per player. Yes, many make less than that. But that's more because of the Rodgers and the Cousins and unfortunately soon to be Leveon Bell who are grossly OVERPAID. Anyone who sees the NFL teams paying out $191 million to 53 guys and calls them greedy is nuts. I don't care what business it is, the owners always get the Lions share of the profits. It's their business. The owner of the Panthers just paid $2 bullion for the team. For that kind of investment, he should get to keep a ton of money. It's going to take him years to recover what he's invested. The only ones who are responsible for players getting less than you think that they should are the guys demanding more money than they, their kids, and their grandkids could ever spend. Aaron Rodgers is getting $33 million per year. Why?? I bet that he never touches the money from his latest contract because he's already made more money than he'll ever spend. He didn't help himself out really. All he did was hurt his team's ability to pay those lesser players on his team. The players demanding stupid money (and their agents) are the bad guys. But, I don't know why I waste my time. You see the NFL as some evil entity and I'm not going to change your mind any more than you're going to change mine.

chiefzilla1501
02-19-2019, 01:53 AM
Hahaha. NFL players are hardly underpaid. How can you type that with a straight face. The salary cap for 2019 is estimated at $191 million. Split 53 ways, that's over $3.5 million per player. Yes, many make less than that. But that's more because of the Rodgers and the Cousins and unfortunately soon to be Leveon Bell who are grossly OVERPAID. Anyone who sees the NFL teams paying out $191 million to 53 guys and calls them greedy is nuts. I don't care what business it is, the owners always get the Lions share of the profits. It's their business. The owner of the Panthers just paid $2 bullion for the team. For that kind of investment, he should get to keep a ton of money. It's going to take him years to recover what he's invested. The only ones who are responsible for players getting less than you think that they should are the guys demanding more money than they, their kids, and their grandkids could ever spend. Aaron Rodgers is getting $33 million per year. Why?? I bet that he never touches the money from his latest contract because he's already made more money than he'll ever spend. He didn't help himself out really. All he did was hurt his team's ability to pay those lesser players on his team. The players demanding stupid money (and their agents) are the bad guys. But, I don't know why I waste my time. You see the NFL as some evil entity and I'm not going to change your mind any more than you're going to change mine.

LOL. I see the NFL as some evil entity? Where did that shit come from?

Aaron Rodgers is not overpaid in Green Bay. He is only "overpaid" (debatably) because there is a salary cap. Without a salary cap, Jerry Jones could and would pay a QB like that a hell of a lot more. European soccer, on the other hand, is a market where players are actually paid what an owner thinks they're worth.

The point wasn't to argue about what players are worth their contracts. Someone made a point that players are free to play somewhere else and that this was a free market. It isn't. The NFL is a rare industry that allows its owners to collude with each other to cap wages. Players are underpaid because the NFL is trying to create competitive balance. No, I do not believe that is evil because it makes football more entertaining (especially for a small market team like KC).

morphius
02-19-2019, 08:18 AM

I figure this is the big part, they don't want to have anything come out about their regular business conversations.

Rausch
02-19-2019, 08:26 AM
I figure this is the big part, they don't want to have anything come out about their regular business conversations.

How their business operates (as I understand it) is as an entertainment entity. Different than almost all other sports leagues and gives them specific benefits.

As I understand it they file the way the WWE does.

There's a lot about the way the NFL operates that while is known they want run through mainstream media.

chiefzilla1501
02-19-2019, 08:31 AM

FWIW

Proof of collusion was always going to be very difficult to prove. I'm sure the main reason the owners didn't want their phones and emails searched is because they don't want people sniffing around their business dealings. That doesn't mean there wasn't a good chance those emails had damaging info. Need to just use the common sense test. There were reasons not to sign Kaepernick on ability alone. Eric Reid, on the other hand... Is there any doubt what was going on there?

jjchieffan
02-19-2019, 10:49 AM
LOL. I see the NFL as some evil entity? Where did that shit come from?

Aaron Rodgers is not overpaid in Green Bay. He is only "overpaid" (debatably) because there is a salary cap. Without a salary cap, Jerry Jones could and would pay a QB like that a hell of a lot more. European soccer, on the other hand, is a market where players are actually paid what an owner thinks they're worth.

The point wasn't to argue about what players are worth their contracts. Someone made a point that players are free to play somewhere else and that this was a free market. It isn't. The NFL is a rare industry that allows its owners to collude with each other to cap wages. Players are underpaid because the NFL is trying to create competitive balance. No, I do not believe that is evil because it makes football more entertaining (especially for a small market team like KC).

Your idea of underpaid and overpaid are way different I see. I don't see anyone being paid millions as possibly being underpaid. I don't care if they are rare talents or not. Being paid millions of dollars to play a sport is a dream come true. When football began, nobody got in it to get rich. Now, they have that luxury. Why does Aaron Rodgers NEED #33 million per year? Why does Kirk Cousins NEED $28 million per year? They don't. They just WANT it. If they never earned another dime they would still be set for life and so would their children. you want to see lower tier players paid better? Quit giving it to greedy assholes who have no chance of ever spending a fraction of it. Just because someone can get $30+ million per year doesn't mean that they should. Look at Trump. He doesn't want or need his salary for being President, so he donates it. That's refreshing. I get so sick of personal greed. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Aaron Rodgers should get paid $33 million per year. And don't tell me because he's worth it. That's a cop out answer. He makes more money per game than many players make all season. It's ridiculous.

JakeF
02-19-2019, 11:58 AM
Proof of collusion was always going to be very difficult to prove. I'm sure the main reason the owners didn't want their phones and emails searched is because they don't want people sniffing around their business dealings. That doesn't mean there wasn't a good chance those emails had damaging info. Need to just use the common sense test. There were reasons not to sign Kaepernick on ability alone. Eric Reid, on the other hand... Is there any doubt what was going on there?
Reid did sign and he just signed an extension as well. Just because teams waited until the PR situation was better doesn't mean collusion. The Chiefs should have signed him, they needed him in the worst way. Clark is a Republican though, he wasn't going against Trump.

chiefzilla1501
02-19-2019, 12:13 PM
Reid did sign and he just signed an extension as well. Just because teams waited until the PR situation was better doesn't mean collusion. The Chiefs should have signed him, they needed him in the worst way. Clark is a Republican though, he wasn't going against Trump.

Reid signed very very late in the process. And I agree, he would have helped a team like the Chiefs immensely. Unlike Kaep who many teams had good reason to avoid outside of politics.

JakeF
02-19-2019, 12:19 PM
Reid signed very very late in the process. And I agree, he would have helped a team like the Chiefs immensely. Unlike Kaep who many teams had good reason to avoid outside of politics.
Reid played and started in 13 games. He didn't get signed that late, more or less after the season started so his contract wouldn't be guaranteed.

Kaep wanted to be handed a starting job. He would have been signed too if he would have agreed to come in as a backup to begin the season. I think Baltimore and Carolina were both interested in Kaep until they talked to him.