PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which Safety Do You Want the Chiefs To Sign?

New World Order
02-19-2019, 12:04 PM
Poll to follow

In58men
02-19-2019, 12:06 PM
Collins

staylor26
02-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Amos

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2019, 12:09 PM
There's a safety FA on the Bears they were talking with on Sirius awhile ago they said was a really good player. Can't remember his name. They were speculating he'd go to denver with the coach

Edit: Thanks Staylor26, yes Amos

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2019, 12:12 PM
Where the Hell is the poll so i can vote for Amos

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2019, 12:12 PM
How friggin long does it take to make a poll!!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2019, 12:13 PM
Amos better be on the poll or I'll be pissed!

JakeF
02-19-2019, 12:13 PM
Fill it with the draft, we already have a lot of money tied up in the Safety position. We need young,fast guys who are ready to sacrifice their body to make plays. The Safety position is a high impact postion, it's best to draft them. Treat the Safety position a little bit like the RB position.

Johnathan Abram Miss. State SS
Deionte Thompson Ala FS

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Takin a lunch break or what?

JakeF
02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Collins
I think he was tagged by Giants.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2019, 12:15 PM
Fill it with the draft, we already have a lot of money tied up in the Safety position. We need young,fast guys who are ready to sacrifice their body to make plays. The Safety position is a high impact postion, it's best to draft them. Treat the Safety position a little bit like the RB position.

Johnathan Abram Miss. State SS
Deionte Thompson Ala FS

Amos is supposed to be good. If he's priced reasonable get him. That opens up a draft slot.

Where's the poll :cuss:

Chargem
02-19-2019, 12:16 PM

The tag window isn't open yet, so no one is tagged as of right now. He almost certainly will be tagged though.

Hog's Gone Fishin
In

Chargem
Amos is supposed to be good. If he's priced reasonable get him. That opens up a draft slot.

Where's the poll :cuss:

Can you not see it? It's there.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2019, 12:17 PM
Collins is getting tagged and Thomas is going to Dallas. Lets get Amos

In58men
02-19-2019, 12:17 PM

They can tag and trade?

SAUTO
02-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Collins

ModSocks
Collin, but he's getting the tag. So Thomas followed by Clinton-Dix.

DJ's left nut
Amos is...fine. He's a good, solid player who you really should be able to pull out of the draft most years.

He doesn't have any standout skills to speak of; just does his job. I'd like to think we can do that without having to spend the $6+ million I figure he'll command on the FA market.

O.city
02-19-2019, 12:25 PM
Thomas.

I'm a no on Collins. If i'm gonna pay a safety, he needs to be a game changer in the pass game. Which Earl is. Collins is good there, but he's not great.

RunKC
02-19-2019, 12:35 PM
Honey Badger

If we can’t get him, extend Jordan Lucas to a fair deal and trade for another safety on a rookie contract like we did with Jordan Lucas or just draft one.

New World Order
02-19-2019, 12:37 PM
Takin a lunch break or what?

I was meticulously checking my spelling!

htismaqe
02-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Draft a safety.

Collins isn't the rangy safety we need. Thomas was last year's news.

New World Order
02-19-2019, 12:42 PM
Draft a safety.

I’d prefer to take Honey Badger then take one with one of our seconds

O.city
02-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Draft a safety.

I'd do both to be honest.

Sign one, draft one, genetically engineer one, I don't care. Just get some good ones.

ChiefBlueCFC
02-19-2019, 01:16 PM
Think Collins would be ideal but Amos might be the better option money-wise

JakeF
02-19-2019, 01:50 PM
They can tag and trade?
Yes, but that increases the cost of acquiring Collins. Is he worth a 3rd round pick and 13 million per year?

We are just going to have to suck it up and draft/develop a good safety, maybe 2. Fortunately for us, it's considered a great draft for defense.

Go FA on offense and draft for defense.

oldman
02-19-2019, 01:53 PM
Which one can cover and tackle? Oh, and be on the field rather than IR.

Rain Man
02-19-2019, 01:55 PM
I voted to sign Collins just because he seems like the top prospect, but I wouldn't trade for him.

Angry fan
02-19-2019, 01:59 PM
I think this question depends on the type of scheme Steve Spagnuolo likes to run.

WhawhaWhat
02-19-2019, 02:12 PM
I think this question depends on the type of scheme Steve Spagnuolo likes to run.

He already knows Landon Collins so if they had a good relationship that might tip the scales to him. Maybe if Dee Ford doesn't fit the new scheme they could trade player for player.

Iconic
02-19-2019, 03:42 PM
I'd rather draft Adderley

htismaqe
02-19-2019, 03:45 PM
I'd rather draft Adderley

Yep.

YontsRBake
02-19-2019, 03:53 PM
The top 3 isn’t happening in reality so I’ll go with Honey Badger. In all honesty HB may be the better option between him and Amos.

htismaqe
02-19-2019, 03:55 PM
The top 3 isn’t happening in reality so I’ll go with Honey Badger. In all honesty HB may be the better option between him and Amos.

He's a liability in the deep middle unfortunately. I don't think any of the options are all that great. They can't afford the top 2. Amos will likely get more than he's worth. And HB isn't a great all-around player. HaHa might be okay but he struggles in coverage too.

SAUTO
02-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Fuck honey badger.

I'd rather berry stand on the sidelines I think

YontsRBake
02-19-2019, 04:00 PM
He's a liability in the deep middle unfortunately. I don't think any of the options are all that great. They can't afford the top 2. Amos will likely get more than he's worth. And HB isn't a great all-around player. HaHa might be okay but he struggles in coverage too.

I think his cost is a lot more worth the risk to get him to even 90% of what he was in 2015 vs whatever Amos could potentially be for his higher cost. I think Earl and Collins are completely unrealistic options though.

SAUTO
02-19-2019, 04:04 PM
I think his cost is a lot more worth the risk to get him to even 90% of what he was in 2015 vs whatever Amos could potentially be for his higher cost. I think Earl and Collins are completely unrealistic options though.
90 percent of what he was 4 years ago? You're dreaming

MTG#10
02-19-2019, 05:04 PM
All of them

CaliforniaChief
02-19-2019, 05:20 PM
I don't really know enough about the x's and o's of being a safety to make an educated comment but I will add this about Jordan Lucas, and maybe it's been said before:

If you watch the video after the AFC Championship Game, that dude was emotionally wrecked afterwards...like needing help just walking to the locker room because he was so devastated. It was hard to watch, but good to see. That kid cares. And if he can continue to develop and be coached up, I'd love to see him contribute.

That doesn't mean we don't need more because we most definitely do. But I love that kid now.

KChiefs1
02-19-2019, 06:31 PM
Whoever Spags wants.

CoMoChief
02-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Collins will most likely be tagged, so we can almost rule him out. If by chance he isn't tagged..then he's definitely the ideal choice. He's one of the better safeties in the NFL, and he's played under Spags in the past and excelled under him.

Earl Thomas is good, but he's going to be 30 soon. I'd rather have someone that's younger. Plus he's coming off of a major injury so I'd pass. Adrian Amos (Bears) would be my next choice if Chiefs aren't able to land Collins. Then Clinton-Dix, then Mathieu in that order.

Chiefs probably need to draft 2 safeties. Some guys to consider...
-Thompson
-Abram
-Hooker
-Adderely
-Savage Jr.
-Thornhill
-Gardner-Johnson
-M.Edwards

Berry won't play, Watts will essentially be a rookie still, although he probably has the most upside out of what the Chiefs have at the moment. Currently Jordan Lucas is JAG although he has the chance to improve, Sorensen will most likely be cut (and sucks anyway), and Murray is also trash.

bricks
02-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Best option is the draft. Go young. Draft and sign guys to rookie contracts and coach the shit out of them and develop them.

If they could somehow get both Abram and Adderley, that would be great.

big nasty kcnut
02-19-2019, 08:16 PM
EVERYONE!

tmax63
02-20-2019, 08:12 AM
Where's the choice of "whoever doesn't get tagged"?

Flying High D
02-20-2019, 08:51 AM
Whoever it is, someone will be butthurt over it.

YontsRBake
02-20-2019, 09:06 AM
90 percent of what he was 4 years ago? You're dreaming

Maybe. I still prefer even a 60% version to Amos.

I don’t entirely understand the hype on Amos. He was the worst of the Bears 4 DBs last year, who all appear to have had inflated years. I don’t really agree with paying him what he’s likely to be demanding.

htismaqe
02-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Best option is the draft. Go young. Draft and sign guys to rookie contracts and coach the shit out of them and develop them.

If they could somehow get both Abram and Adderley, that would be great.

Not high on Abram, he's more of a glorified LB but you're absolutely correct. Draft, draft, draft.

Mecca
02-20-2019, 09:35 AM
The draft approach is fine other than when you think your window is open and you need 4 new starters on your defense...also is anyone super comfortable with 3 rookies in the secondary?

Reerun_KC
02-20-2019, 09:38 AM
Draft some new younger players...

Mecca
02-20-2019, 09:42 AM
There's really nothing wrong with pursuing a FA safety provided Berry is cut.

htismaqe
02-20-2019, 09:47 AM
There's really nothing wrong with pursuing a FA safety provided Berry is cut.

And when they don't cut Berry and tag Ford? Where's the money going to come from?

Mecca
02-20-2019, 09:52 AM
And when they don't cut Berry and tag Ford? Where's the money going to come from?

I'm going to be very honest about this...if they changed that whole coaching staff to not cut Berry, to keep Houston on that stupid contract he has and pay Dee Ford even more...

I'll have no words, this group of players obviously needs change. The era of Berry and Houston being the guys for this team is over.

O.city
02-20-2019, 10:00 AM

Cutting Houston?

htismaqe
02-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Cutting Houston?

That will pay for most of Ford. Berry is still an issue.

O.city
02-20-2019, 10:03 AM
That will pay for most of Ford. Berry is still an issue.

I just can't imagine they'll get into another year with Berry like they did this year.

Something will happen there one way or another. Either he plays all season or gets cut. They won't do that again.

Surely.

Gravedigger
02-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Landon Collins is the wet dream, but probably won't get a chance to happen outside of tag and trade. I would take Earl Thomas, he's not going to command an outrageous deal to get and if the reports were any indication, I think he would be as likely to come here or to Dallas because we showed the most interest in him during the trade deadline before he got injured.

Hoopsdoc
02-20-2019, 12:08 PM
Clayton Geathers is a really good, if somewhat injury prone, safety who is a free agent. If the Colts don’t resign him(rumor is they will try), he will make a nice addition for some other team.

JakeF
02-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Houston is still our best linebacker and will probably be our best DE if we keep him.

I just wish he wasn't on that absurd contract.

I trust Houston more than Ford.

The only problem with Houston is his knee. Houston was way more effective on the line of scrimmage instead of playing in space as a standup linebacker. He also seem to get some strength back in his knee towards the end of the season.

I don't think Ford can play anywhere other than RDE. I don't know how he will be against the run. We don't know if he will continue to improve or drop back to being a dumbass. I'm not sure we can afford to pay that huge contract until we know. Tagging him and then giving Ford a contract will push the price even higher.

Somebody said that Ford was worth a 1st in trade. If we can get a 1st+ then we should probably just go ahead and trade him. We have too many shitty contracts right now.

Bump
02-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Amos is the best safety in madden because of his speed so I chose him.

Angry fan
02-20-2019, 05:01 PM
I've made my decision. Break the bank for Earl Thomas. Trade Eric Berry to reduce the cap hit if it will help.

Earl Thomas range is needed.

Flying High D
02-20-2019, 05:04 PM
I've made my decision. Break the bank for Earl Thomas. Trade Eric Berry to reduce the cap hit if it will help.

There would be a lot of interest in EB’s reasonable contract and his unstoppable desire to be the field.

JFC

Chris Meck
02-20-2019, 05:15 PM

ROFL

Iconic
02-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Amos is the best safety in madden because of his speed so I chose him.

Hell no he doesn't even have big hitter or clutch trait.

raybec 4
02-20-2019, 05:45 PM
Collins doesn't seem to want to be a Giant.

Kansas City Star LogoThe curious case of Giants safety Landon Collins’ locker and its effect on Chiefs fans | The Kansas City Star
FOR PETE'S SAKE
The curious case of Giants safety Landon Collins’ locker and its effect on Chiefs fans
BY PETE GRATHOFF

FEBRUARY 20, 2019 04:01 PM

New York Giants strong safety Landon Collins (21) breaks up a pass intended for Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed (86) during the third quarter of an NFL football game, Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018, in East Rutherford, N.J.
New York Giants strong safety Landon Collins (21) breaks up a pass intended for Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed (86) during the third quarter of an NFL football game, Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018, in East Rutherford, N.J. SETH WENIG AP PHOTO
Some Chiefs fans couldn’t help but dream Wednesday about Giants safety Landon Collins joining their team.

Collins, 25, is a three-time Pro Bowler who will become an unrestricted free agent on March 13 and has played for new Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

It’s possible the Giants will put the franchise tag on Collins, but there was a bit of intrigue Wednesday on Twitter about his future. Actually, it was more about Collins’ locker, which became a focal point of conversation.

Seriously.

It began in the early afternoon when ESPN’s Josina Anderson tweeted: “I’m told that Giants S Landon Collins cleaned out his locker today at the team facility and said his goodbyes to teammates, coaches and trainers. It doesn’t seem like Collins expects to be a Giant for much longer, per sources.”

Chiefs fans were eager for their team to act:

Alas, reporters in New York said the locker wasn’t cleaned out:

So that settled it, right? Collins is staying with the Gia... well, maybe not.

Collins also went on Twitter and responded to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post with this message: “The stuff in that locker that I have left I do not need”

Did that mean he was not planning to return? Some Chiefs fans again were hopeful that Collins would be wearing red and gold next season:

No matter where Collins plays next season, the saga of his locker was strange, even by Twitter standards.

Rawlsian
02-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Overrated position.

Rawlsian
02-20-2019, 05:49 PM

Coming off an injury plus I doubt he takes a discount given his track record of being one of the best

TwistedChief
02-20-2019, 05:50 PM
Overrated position.

Absolutely. We need more Sorenson and Murray to make the Super Bowl.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2019, 05:52 PM
Absolutely. We need more Sorenson and Murray to make the Super Bowl.
I sort of agree. Elite box safety with mediocre coverage skills won't really make or break us. Much rather go out and shell the money for an elite single high like Thomas, provided his boner for all things Dallas has died down a bit

Angry fan
02-20-2019, 05:52 PM
There would be a lot of interest in EB’s reasonable contract and his unstoppable desire to be the field.

JFC

I get that, that's why you trade him for a low pick. 5th-7th rounder. Other team assumes the cap hit(if possible).

Angry fan
02-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Overrated position.
It's a hard position to evaluate. The point of a free safety is not to ever be heard or mentioned during the play. In other words the Free safety successfully deterred the QB from throwing into his area.

The only time you want to hear a free safety's name is when he's making a play on the ball.

If a free safety is making a tackle on the run, that means your guys up front are not doing a good enough job. You don't want a free safety racking up tackles, that could mean bad run d up front or the free safety is always late to the passing play. But then you need to break down all those tackles to find out if the free safety has been playing mostly traditional free safety or moving around a lot like a Malcolm Jenkins does.

You really need all-22 access to evaluate the position.

One thing I know is that very few free safeties has the range of Earl Thomas.

htismaqe
02-20-2019, 06:10 PM
I sort of agree. Elite box safety with mediocre coverage skills won't really make or break us. Much rather go out and shell the money for an elite single high like Thomas, provided his boner for all things Dallas has died down a bit

I agree with this.

Just stating that safety is an overrated position is simplistic and shortsighted.

But if you separate the two positions, the importance of a good centerfielder cannot be understated.

Tribal Warfare
02-20-2019, 06:19 PM
For me it's either Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix or Collins.

T-post Tom
02-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Thomas. 2 or 3 yr deal.

Naptown Chief
02-20-2019, 06:27 PM
Ron Parker isn't in the poll?

Kiimo
02-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Thomas. 2 or 3 yr deal.

Okay so Ford hurt his back once so we need to trade him even though it's been a full year of him dominating but we need to sign Earl Thomas to a 2 or 3 year deal even though he had a rod inserted into his broken leg just last October??

CP amazes me. The grass is always greener.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Ron Parker isn't in the poll?
Do me a favor and kill yourself.

Naptown Chief
02-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Do me a favor and kill yourself.

Was kidding numbnuts. Do me a favor and pleasure yourself with a broken beer bottle... One that came into contact with a pile of used needles.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Was kidding numbnuts. Do me a favor and pleasure yourself with a broken beer bottle... One that came into contact with a pile of used needles.

I wasn't.

Naptown Chief
02-20-2019, 06:39 PM
I wasn't.

Nor was I with my second statement. Fuck off.

Kiimo
02-20-2019, 06:41 PM
Steve Spagnuolo was DC when the Giants drafted Landon Collins in the 2nd round.

That would be a nice pick for our second round, draft a safety he believes in.

TribalElder
02-20-2019, 06:41 PM

If he goes to Dallas it’s all about the money because Dallas and coach lame duck clap are not winning shit

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Nor was I with my second statement. Fuck off.
LMAO This fool actually got his feelings hurt when I told him to kill himself. Do you even CP, bro?

ljmhawk
02-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Thomas. 2 or 3 yr deal.

i don’t want a guy who just had a rod stuck in his leg. we need some youth. Collins it is for me.

Chris Meck
02-20-2019, 06:53 PM
I get that, that's why you trade him for a low pick. 5th-7th rounder. Other team assumes the cap hit(if possible).

Put down the pipe. Crack is wack, umm-kay?

Right now, Berry might be the worst contract situation in the entire NFL. Nobody's picking up that contract for a guy that's probably done as a player.

Naptown Chief
02-20-2019, 06:55 PM
LMAO This fool actually got his feelings hurt when I told him to kill himself. Do you even CP, bro?

Shattered my friend. The thought that some guy I never met wished death upon me has left me devoid of hope for any future meaningful posting on this site.

Naptown Chief
02-20-2019, 06:58 PM
i don’t want a guy who just had a rod stuck in his leg. we need some youth. Collins it is for me.

I wouldn't mind Collins or Clinton-Dix. I saw some Twitter post stating Collins had cleared out his locker, contradicting what'd I'd previously read about NYG tagging him. It'd be nice if true. I know nothing of Clinton-Dix's contract, though, and whether or not Washington intends on tagging him

Kiimo
02-20-2019, 07:00 PM
It's funny that people in this thread are not reading the five other threads about this today. Here let me sum up:

To be clear, emmy winning ESPN contributor says he cleaned out his locker, smug NY Post beat reporter says oh actually that's not true at all he has not and then Landon Collins himself says yeah I did I don't need any of that shit I left, severely burning NY Post reporter and embarrassing him in front of God and Country, much to the chagrin of Giants fans who lost their shit, then said whew that was close, then lost their shit 3x as hard.

Chief Northman
02-20-2019, 07:12 PM
It's funny that people in this thread are not reading the five other threads about this today. Here let me sum up:

To be clear, emmy winning ESPN contributor says he cleaned out his locker, smug NY Post beat reporter says oh actually that's not true at all he has not and then Landon Collins himself says yeah I did I don't need any of that shit I left, severely burning NY Post reporter and embarrassing him in front of God and Country, much to the chagrin of Giants fans who lost their shit, then said whew that was close, then lost their shit 3x as hard.

What is more bizarre is why the Giants aren’t tagging Collins (supposedly). Tag him then get something for him. Allowing his contract to expire only possibly gets them the compensatory pick, but they could do better auctioning him off to teams you’d think.

Angry fan
02-20-2019, 07:59 PM
Put down the pipe. Crack is wack, umm-kay?

Right now, Berry might be the worst contract situation in the entire NFL. Nobody's picking up that contract for a guy that's probably done as a player.

Ok, so if Berry retires, does the Chiefs get cap relief for it?

Edit: Just looked up his contract. That's awful! He gets injured on his first season of the contract?:eek:

penguinz
02-20-2019, 08:16 PM
What is more bizarre is why the Giants aren’t tagging Collins (supposedly). Tag him then get something for him. Allowing his contract to expire only possibly gets them the compensatory pick, but they could do better auctioning him off to teams you’d think.Or he told them he will not sign and will sit out. If they put the tag on him they have to carry that cap hit even if he holds out.

Better off letting walk over tying up cap $ and a roster spot for a player that won’t play.

O.city
02-20-2019, 08:37 PM
So what kind of contract is Collins going to get?

1COOLDOG
02-20-2019, 09:25 PM
I think it would be great at home games to hear:

"...and the home of the..CHIEEEEEFS!!!..and Ha-HA!!!"

threebag
02-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Any word on our cheerleader EB 29?

New World Order
02-20-2019, 09:38 PM
So what kind of contract is Collins going to get?

According to Spotrac: 5 yrs, $46,831,250

SAUTO
02-20-2019, 10:21 PM

In

TambaBerry
02-20-2019, 10:33 PM

Dude that is nothing I'd go up to 55

T-post Tom
02-20-2019, 11:14 PM
Okay so Ford hurt his back once so we need to trade him even though it's been a full year of him dominating but we need to sign Earl Thomas to a 2 or 3 year deal even though he had a rod inserted into his broken leg just last October??

CP amazes me. The grass is always greener.

Bad post on 2 levels. CP isn't one collective group think. That should be obvious. Some want to keep Ford, some don't. And for multiple reasons... not just injuries.

Comparing Earl Thomas to Dee Ford is silly on several points. Think before you post.

htismaqe
02-20-2019, 11:15 PM
The time to have signed Earl Thomas was last year. He's damaged goods and he's going to Dallas anyway. That ship has sailed. Move on.

kccrow
02-20-2019, 11:50 PM
Collins is the only one I really want. Best SS in the game today. If he's available then go and get him, then draft a FS early.

I'd take Clinton-Dix as a consolation prize, but I'm guess Washington will try hard to retain him.

The rest can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

Chris Meck
02-21-2019, 12:00 AM
Collins is the only one I really want. Best SS in the game today. If he's available then go and get him, then draft a FS early.

I'd take Clinton-Dix as a consolation prize, but I'm guess Washington will try hard to retain him.

The rest can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

Can you imagine Collins and Adderley in the same backfield? That'd be so awesome.

TambaBerry
02-21-2019, 06:28 AM
Can you imagine Collins and Adderley in the same backfield? That'd be so awesome.

yes please

warrior
02-21-2019, 07:36 AM

Probably won't happen but maybe my favorite scenario with the safety position

Rausch
02-21-2019, 08:14 AM
If he goes to Dallas it’s all about the money because Dallas and coach lame duck clap are not winning shit

He's going to Dallas because he's a huge Cowboys fan and even stated he'd take less to play there.

So, probably not all about the money...

Rausch
02-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Steve Spagnuolo was DC when the Giants drafted Landon Collins in the 2nd round.

That would be a nice pick for our second round, draft a safety he believes in.

I was hoping to sign more of a FS because box safeties are easier to find but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.

staylor26
02-21-2019, 08:23 AM

Jesus, talk about morning wood

htismaqe
02-21-2019, 08:32 AM
I was hoping to sign more of a FS because box safeties are easier to find but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.

There just isn't a good market for the centerfielder guys. Earl Thomas is coming off an injury and he's aging - I'm just not down with that. Amos will probably be overpaid and the rest of the guys just aren't that great in the deep middle.

If they could get Collins and draft a FS, they'd be in pretty good shape.

Stryker
02-21-2019, 08:35 AM
The time to have signed Earl Thomas was last year. He's damaged goods and he's going to Dallas anyway. That ship has sailed. Move on.

This

htismaqe
02-21-2019, 08:38 AM
Jesus, talk about morning wood

ROFL

No kidding.

Rausch
02-21-2019, 09:05 AM
There just isn't a good market for the centerfielder guys. Earl Thomas is coming off an injury and he's aging - I'm just not down with that. Amos will probably be overpaid and the rest of the guys just aren't that great in the deep middle.

If they could get Collins and draft a FS, they'd be in pretty good shape.

I was under the impression that this wasn't a great year for S in the draft. I know it's early and the combine hasn't even happened yet...

htismaqe
02-21-2019, 09:13 AM
I was under the impression that this wasn't a great year for S in the draft. I know it's early and the combine hasn't even happened yet...

There's a few good ones that fall into the late 1st to late 2nd range.

There's no Eric Berry in this draft but a guy like Nasir Adderley could probably start day 1.

Skyy God
02-21-2019, 12:52 PM
A cheap-ish vet. Someone like Vaccaro or Weddle (if cut).

Draft a future starter/replacement before round 4.

Angry fan
02-21-2019, 12:54 PM

I don't understand any of this. I thought all players of all teams clear our their locker rooms after the season is over.:shrug:

Chris Meck
02-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Probably won't happen but maybe my favorite scenario with the safety position

It could, but you'd have to tag and trade Ford.