PDA

View Full Version : Life Let Your Weeks Frustrations Out Here!

Otter
02-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Alrighty! I’ve been away from home for over 2 weeks and I want to see my wife, play with my dog, ride my mountain bike and play a video game while I drink a beer. Let’s bitch about what pisses us off!

Right now, I want to break into the media department and choke out the people who make these medication commercials. The setting is so predictable and goes something like this:

*Person: smelling flowers and loving life
*Narrator: this pill may cause blindness, loss of taste, or your eyeballs may simply fall off your body
*Person: pets dog or cat with a big smile or jumps in pool with loving background of friends and family
*Narrator: your anus may prolapse and cause you to uncontrollably stick your finger in ear which may result in deafness
*Person: WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!
*Narrator: this medication may also cause issues of suicidal thoughts, cause you to want to murder puppies, commit infanticide, change the locks on your door so your family can’t get and set the house on fire. Consult your physician.
*Person: I'm loving life!!! Wheee!!!

Who the hell is using a commercial to shop for medication while trying to catch the weather on the 6pm news?

So, what pissed you off this week? This month? This year? Nothing is too trivial, let loose CP!

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-23-2019, 06:49 PM
The scammers won't leave my elderly mother alone. She keeps giving them her CC #. I hate those bastards

Otter
02-23-2019, 06:53 PM
The scammers won't leave my elderly mother alone. She keeps giving them her CC #. I hate those bastards

Cancel that CC#, start anew and tell grandma to cut the poop!

Thanks for the input, sometimes you just want to vent.

stumppy
02-23-2019, 06:55 PM
In here? There ain't enough fucking room.

Otter
02-23-2019, 07:00 PM
In here? There ain't enough fucking room.

Focus! You have to have some trivial shit that you want to bitch about and the only place people will listen in the intangibility of the internet.

Easy 6
02-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Old folks at the grocery store, hovering around right in front of what you need to grab

I love you Grandma, but could you PLEASE think about someone else?

Yes I'm going to hell

Pablo
02-23-2019, 07:20 PM
Old folks at the grocery store, hovering around right in front of what you need to grab

Yes I'm going to hell

No this is true. Just grab the damn cream of mushroom soup that's on sale like we all know you're going to. No you don't need to read the label in the middle of the aisle.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-23-2019, 07:25 PM
Yes, people in stores with udderly no awareness of their surroundings REALLY piss me off!

Easy 6
02-23-2019, 07:27 PM
No this is true. Just grab the damn cream of mushroom soup that's on sale like we all know you're going to. No you don't need to read the label in the middle of the aisle.

Haaa exactly, you can watch their thoughts start to wander and second guess themselves as they figure it out

I never say a word of course, just smile it off is all you can do

We'll all end up like that eventually, lulz

LoneWolf
02-23-2019, 07:31 PM
Returned home about 7:00 last night from a week in Winter Park, Colorado. Went down to the basement and heard the sump pump running. Hot water heater had started leaking and we had about a half inch of water in our utility room, workout room, and one spare bedroom.

What a great surprise to come home to. #blessed

Otter
02-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Returned home about 7:00 last night from a week in Winter Park, Colorado. Went down to the basement and heard the sump pump running. Hot water heater had started leaking and we had about a half inch of water in our utility room, workout room, and one spare bedroom.

What a great surprise to come home to. #blessed

That sucks man. My Mom's house had a busted cold water pipe bust in PA. That's what I'm taking care of now and why I'm out of town. Had to rip up the floor, tear down the drywall and get forced air heaters to run for 4 days. Can't wait to see the electrical bill that's coming up on that one.

Caught in time however but water damage is a bitch. Slow burn if not jumped on.

R Clark
02-23-2019, 07:43 PM

Yes I'm going to hell

Remember your going to get old some day ,if your lucky lol

R Clark
02-23-2019, 07:47 PM
Mud is pissing me off , fight that shit all day long damn sure can tell where you should have hauled rock when it was dry . Godamn ruts are 1’1/2 deep then it freezes and you bounce the hell around

Easy 6
02-23-2019, 07:47 PM
Remember your going to get old some day ,if your lucky lol

I hear you loud and clear, was just dreaming up something to bitch about

Skyy God
02-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Use a f’ing apostrophe you Neandrathal.

mlyonsd
02-23-2019, 07:55 PM
Went to start my trusty 22 year old Murray snowblower and found that the starter had worked it's way loose and the bolts were gone. Went to the hardware store for new ones and came back to find out as it came loose it buggered up the threads in the engine block. Much disappoint.

Sister came back from Cabo to find the sewer had backed up in her basement. I'll take my problem over hers.

Dunit35
02-23-2019, 07:55 PM
Found out my brother is addicted to meth. He says he’s trying to get clean. He stormed out of rehab two days into his stay. He won’t talk to me due to making him mad.

We found out my wife’s grandpa has terminal lung cancer. Doctors are giving him six months. He raised my wife and is just an incredible person. He is not doing well at all. Can barely eat. Losing weight. I hate seeing him in such bad shape. We’ve been visiting him a lot. I want my girls to remember their great grandpa.

Then a family friend/ my wife’s aunts mother in law died of a massive heart attack on Thursday. Hasn’t been a good month for our family.

Otter
02-23-2019, 08:02 PM
Found out my brother is addicted to meth. He says he’s trying to get clean. He stormed out of rehab two days into his stay. He won’t talk to me due to making him mad.

We found out my wife’s grandpa has terminal lung cancer. Doctors are giving him six months. He raised my wife and is just an incredible person. He is not doing well at all. Can barely eat. Losing weight. I hate seeing him in such bad shape. We’ve been visiting him a lot. I want my girls to remember their great grandpa.

Then a family friend/ my wife’s aunts mother in law died of a massive heart attack on Thursday. Hasn’t been a good month for our family.

Damn dude, I'm truly sorry to hear about grandpa. I lost mine while I was 5 hours away in college and didn't get to see him when he was at the end. All I can offer is take advantage of the time left.

That sucks and puts things in perspective of what real problems vs. life annoyances are.

Bearcat
02-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Why do people watch commercials?

mlyonsd
02-23-2019, 08:10 PM
Why do people watch commercials?How would we find out about those fabulous copper pans? Or Flexsteel?

Bearcat
02-23-2019, 08:12 PM
How would we find out about those fabulous copper pans? Or Flexsteel?

<iframe src="https://www.productionhub.com/videos/embed/56382?size=560" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stevieray
02-23-2019, 08:13 PM
Use a f’ing apostrophe, you Neandrathal.

^Like this^

Pisses me off when people spell Neanderthal wrong.

..so easy, even a cave johnson can't do it.

mlyonsd
02-23-2019, 08:14 PM
<iframe src="https://www.productionhub.com/videos/embed/56382?size=560" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>Wasn't one of those used by that TV anchor in the other thread?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-23-2019, 08:18 PM
^Like this^

ROFL:clap:

Bump
02-23-2019, 08:41 PM
plastic bags being banned from grocery stores irritates me. the paper bags with the handles that you have to pay for, the handles ripped off and all of my groceries hit the ground. Have to remember to bring a freaking box and leave it in the trunk, I'm not a fan of having to remember to bring canvas bags in to the store with me either. Back in the day they thought plastic bags would save the damn trees. I always re-purposed the plastic bags too, I have a dog. Now I have to buy shit bags from a pet store.

FlaChief58
02-23-2019, 08:44 PM
Pedestrians not looking before they step out into the street just expecting you to be able to stop your 2 ton vehicle before running their dumb asses over.

Munson
02-23-2019, 08:51 PM
The potholes on I-435 are out of control, particularly on the southwestern part of the loop. :cuss:

KCUnited
02-23-2019, 09:03 PM
All this sex trafficking, like the opioid crisis, being elusive to me. The fuck can’t I find either of these 2 things?

Bearcat
02-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Putting -gate after any little controversy.

Watergate was the fucking hotel. It wasn't a controversy over water.

It would be like taking the laser pointer thing and then using -head. That game was completely ruined by interferencehead!

Easy 6
02-23-2019, 09:48 PM
Why do people watch commercials?

I mute them at least 50% of the time

They want to earworm you to death, or try something even worse like Dominos where they had an alarm clock not so discretely demanding your attention

Advertising people are insidious

RedRaider56
02-23-2019, 09:50 PM
obese women wearing leggings..noooooooooooooooo

Iowanian
02-23-2019, 10:14 PM
I think I turned into my dad last night.

Last night I was laying in bed and hear a ruckus of chickens outside. That only means one thing...something is killing them.

I lept out of bed and went outside in the misting rain, opened the door to the chicken house, saw a beast run down the ramp...and I stepped to the side, shined my light on it and plunked 3 rounds into its head from my trusty rueger 10-22.

There I was...in the rain, in my underwear, an old chore coat, muck boots with a flashlight and a rifle next to a deceased opossum.

I realized I had seen my dad in a similar predicament when I was a kid. Life comes full circle.

I guess I'm not upset about it...but it's a better story than the things that are bugging me

ClevelandBronco
02-23-2019, 10:39 PM

Spell fucking Neanderthal correctly, you troglodyte.

SAUTO
02-23-2019, 11:15 PM
Went to start my trusty 22 year old Murray snowblower and found that the starter had worked it's way loose and the bolts were gone. Went to the hardware store for new ones and came back to find out as it came loose it buggered up the threads in the engine block. Much disappoint.

Sister came back from Cabo to find the sewer had backed up in her basement. I'll take my problem over hers.

Easy fix. It probably only gotthe last couple of threads. Just clean them up with a tap.

If worse than that just drill and heli-coil them

64 Chief
02-24-2019, 10:59 AM
Southwest cancelled an early morning flight and it was 14 hours before I boarded another. This was not weather related. On the return flight, the plane was also a no go because of mechanical issues but the wait was less. If another airline flies to where you want to go, take it.

Otter
02-24-2019, 11:10 AM
Southwest cancelled an early morning flight and it was 14 hours before I boarded another. This was not weather related. On the return flight, the plane was also a no go because of mechanical issues but the wait was less. If another airline flies to where you want to go, take it. I used to enjoy flying for the facts that once at the airport your only responsibility was to make it to the gate in time, not drink too much to fly, and enjoy the scenery.</br></br>Flying is now a pain in the ass.

Buehler445
02-24-2019, 11:57 AM
All this sex trafficking, like the opioid crisis, being elusive to me. The fuck can’t I find either of these 2 things?

Holy shit!!

ROFL

I’m glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read this.

Buehler445
02-24-2019, 11:57 AM

^Like this^

I love this place!

Buehler445
02-24-2019, 11:58 AM

Fuck man. I’m really sorry. Like REALLY sorry.

Hang in there. Seriously.

All the best.

jimidollar
02-24-2019, 02:24 PM
People writing checks in the grocery store. Took the dude longer to write the check than it did for me to pick out my items. You don't have enough cash for tic tacs and a newspaper?!

Coochie liquor
02-24-2019, 02:34 PM
The guy I work with spits when he talks. And he won’t shut the fuck up for 1 minute.