PDA

View Full Version : Life Proud Parent Moments

luv
03-01-2019, 11:23 AM
There are quite a few newer parents and parents-to-be on here. Being one myself, I know how exciting it is whenever they do things for the first time, learn new words, etc. I thought maybe sharing those experiences might be fun for other new parents/parents-to-be to read. Plus, it might be fun for long time parents to reminisce, so please feel free to share those moments that stand out in your memories.

My most recent came last night whenever my son sang his ABCs all the way through. We sing them every morning on our way to daycare, but he usually only sings certain letters when I get to them, so it took me by complete surprise whenever he belted them out including the "Now I know my ABCs..." part. His speech isn't clear, which made him doing so even more adorable. Plus, he also did it in order to postpone bedtime. It worked. We sang them together about 10 times before I made him lie down. :)

TLO
03-01-2019, 12:42 PM
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/icons/sports.gif

vailpass
03-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Very nice OP luv.
What could possibly go wrong?

38yrsfan
03-01-2019, 01:10 PM
I am a grandparent but my grown kids still make me proud.

We live in a small town area, rural and people know each other and help each other, they know you, your kids, and your neighbors. It's great hearing people talk highly of them about their work habits, personalities etc.

2c

ModSocks
03-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Two weeks ago i get a call from my son's school (6th grader), apparently some kid was trying to bully him on the basketball court, talking a bunch of shit. This is his first "bully" experience. They both get sent to the principle's office.

When he gets home i ask him what happened. He tells me he doesn't know, never had a problem with that kid before. Apparently after the principles office the kid tried to tell my son and my son's friend that he was gonna kick their ass blah blah blah.

My son doesn't seem too concerned.

The next day after school i ask him if anything more happened. He tells me that they smashed it, it's over. He asked the kid what his problem was and the kid broke down, apologized and said his parents were going through a divorce and he's angry.

LMAO

To myself i thought, "Well...that was easy". I swear i got it so easy with this kid.

Discuss Thrower
03-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Two weeks ago i get a call from my son's school (6th grader), apparently some kid was trying to bully him on the basketball court, talking a bunch of shit. This is his first "bully" experience. They both get sent to the principle's office.

When he gets home i ask him what happened. He tells me he doesn't know, never had a problem with that kid before. Apparently after the principles office the kid tried to tell my son and my son's friend that he was gonna kick their ass blah blah blah.

My son doesn't seem too concerned.

The next day after school i ask him if anything more happened. He tells me that they smashed it, it's over. He asked the kid what his problem was and the kid broke down, apologized and said his parents were going through a divorce and he's angry.

LMAO

To myself i thought, "Well...that was easy". I swear i got it so easy with this kid.

Well now it's obvious that your son doesn't post here. Otherwise, he'd have doubled down and called the kid a pussy.

lewdog
03-01-2019, 01:27 PM
No one cares about your kid. Learn it.

I won’t tell our friends all about my son unless they ask. Really, no one cares outside of family.

It’s the hard truth.

Prison Bitch
03-01-2019, 01:33 PM

I won’t tell our friends all about my son unless they ask. Really, no one cares outside of family.

It’s the hard truth.

This is true.

But if I’d have posted it, some dildo Mod would’ve banned me from the thread.

Hammock Parties
03-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Facebook planet.

Demonpenz
03-01-2019, 01:41 PM
This one time at a gas station in parkville these two children where in front of this mom. Mom was like mid 30's average anyway I was kind of in a shit mood and I went in front of them and got my pop and when I walked out one of the kids held the door for me and says "Here you go sir!" I tried as hard as possible to tell the lady that "She must have worked hard to get them to behave so well" Her eyes welled up like she has been waiting for someone to notice her whole life. Anyway I know parents work super hard then they take their kids out and they walk around like little water sprinkler spewing the flu everywhere, so when they do something proud it is good to puff your chest out a bit.

Simply Red
03-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Facebook planet.

SHUT THE FUCK UP! Here's my kid: http://i67.tinypic.com/2n8anfo.jpg

Why Not?
03-01-2019, 02:17 PM

It’s the hard truth.

Truth. But I still text pics to the main thread I’m on with some buddies every Saturday after my 7 year old absolutely dominates his flag football game.

FlaChief58
03-01-2019, 03:13 PM
I've never been prouder of my 2 boys than they day they learned to wipe their own asses. Still brings a tear to my eye

threebag
03-01-2019, 03:13 PM

It’s the hard truth.

What if they are covered in Guacamole Slices, then what?

https://i.etsystatic.com/13755310/r/il/284899/1377964133/il_570xN.1377964133_hhm9.jpg

#Facebookplanet

Prison Bitch
03-01-2019, 03:20 PM
It’s a woman thing, just the way they are. FB is nothing but 40 year old women posting endless bullshit about their kids. I do think other women are interested in this actually.

But for men, yeah no. We’d rather eat a bowl of our own feces than read about a kid doing his “ABCs”

luv
03-01-2019, 04:01 PM
It’s a woman thing, just the way they are. FB is nothing but 40 year old women posting endless bullshit about their kids. I do think other women are interested in this actually.

But for men, yeah no. We’d rather eat a bowl of our own feces than read about a kid doing his “ABCs”

Yet, here you are. Posting. Multiple times.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Facebook planet.

Nothing says "Facebook planet" like posting an onion article.

HIT SHARE!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321557

sedated
03-01-2019, 04:12 PM
What's worse, someone coming up to you and saying "you gotta watch this video", or "look at these pictures of my kids"?

Mephistopheles Janx
03-01-2019, 05:21 PM
We have a gun thread for the gun nuts on the board. Anti-gun people don't go in there and shit on it.

We have a pets thread for the pet owners. No one goes in there and shits on people posting their pets there.

We have a "what are you driving" thread for car owners. No strife there either.

We now have a thread about kids for... kid owners. The response is to tell OP to keep that shit on facebook.

I find this response interesting. Are there no parents on CP that would enjoy a thread to brag on their crotchfruit? Do you have a child and are simply ashamed of them and a thread of this nature reminds you of how shitty your kid is? Just don't like kids and the mere mention of them sends you into a rage?

vailpass
03-01-2019, 05:24 PM
We have a gun thread for the gun nuts on the board. Anti-gun people don't go in there and shit on it.

We have a pets thread for the pet owners. No one goes in there and shits on people posting their pets there.

We have a "what are you driving" thread for car owners. No strife there either.

We now have a thread about kids for... kid owners. The response is to tell OP to keep that shit on facebook.

I find this response interesting. Are there no parents on CP that would enjoy a thread to brag on their crotchfruit? Do you have a child and are simply ashamed of them and a thread of this nature reminds you of how shitty your kid is? Just don't like kids and the mere mention of them sends you into a rage?

Is this the the white knight thread?

Mephistopheles Janx
03-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Is this the the white knight thread?

Nope... it is the social commentary thread.

vailpass
03-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Nope... it is the social commentary thread.

Then what’s your issue with the social commenting taking place in it?

Mephistopheles Janx
03-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Then what’s your issue with the social commenting taking place in it?

I have an issue? I found something interesting... then pointed it out.

People do things, you notice how their behavior sometimes contradicts itself by comparing it to similar situations, then you comment on it and see what the response is. That is how social commentary works.

---

Questions for you now, if I may. Does a thread of this nature *actually* bother you or is it just an opportunity for a pile on? If it does bother you... is it because you don't have a kid, your kid is nothing to brag about, or you are just humble and dislike "brag" threads?

lewdog
03-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Not bothering me.

Just an observation for someone who had a child “late.” It’s based on my feelings and observations. I also think it’s generally correct.

Jewish Rabbi
03-01-2019, 05:37 PM
My kid just told me he stuck it in his 11th grade science teachers ass. Never been more proud.

vailpass
03-01-2019, 05:39 PM
I have an issue? I found something interesting... then pointed it out.

People do things, you notice how their behavior sometimes contradicts itself by comparing it to similar situations, then you comment on it and see what the response is. That is how social commentary works.

---

Questions for you now, if I may. Does a thread of this nature *actually* bother you or is it just an opportunity for a pile on? If it does bother you... is it because you don't have a kid, your kid is nothing to brag about, or you are just humble and dislike "brag" threads?

My motivations aren’t nearly so complex or excusable as any of that.

vailpass
03-01-2019, 05:39 PM
My kid just told me he stuck it in his 11th grade science teachers ass. Never been more proud.

Atta’ boy.

fan4ever
03-01-2019, 05:41 PM
What's worse, someone coming up to you and saying "you gotta watch this video", or "look at these pictures of my kids"?

Got that situation with one of my golf buddies...shows up videos of his snot nosed grand kids doing "cute" crap. I'm just about to the point where I'm gonna slap him on the side of the head and knock the damn phone out his hand.

Mephistopheles Janx
03-01-2019, 05:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/3M0e7ak.jpg

stevieray
03-01-2019, 06:22 PM
I'm not sharing my awesome kid with you heathens

Donger
03-01-2019, 06:30 PM
One day, my daughter will rule you all. And I'll be proud.

Sorce
03-01-2019, 08:33 PM
I'll contribute to the original thread my daughter said goodbye dad this week. This was the first time she put two separate words she knows together

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MahiMike
03-01-2019, 09:14 PM
I really miss these days...

Marcellus
03-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Good for you Luv and fuck the haters. The world needs more happiness.

KS Smitty
03-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Fourth of July is a major holiday for the Smitty's and I'm so proud that the girls have taken over the pyrotechnics and give us an awesome show every year. I'm proud they do it in a safe sane manner and the only mishaps are due to defective fireworks (a case of the best good example is a bad example by the parents). I'm proud these strengths carry over into their adult world where they continue to make me proud.

displacedinMN
03-02-2019, 08:20 AM
My daughter is Alice in Bright Star at her school. Amazing.

I have talked about her before-but the talent she is giving her is something I have never seen from her. I wish I could post some of it. Not ashamed to admit I cry. Bring it on Lewdog.

Wallcrawler
03-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Liv told me one time when she was little, that if I wouldn't stop messing with her....

"Dad. If you won't stop, tonight when you go to sleep I'm gonna crumble up this cracker in your eye.", while holding up a saltine to my face.

Heh. No DNA test needed for this one.

Prison Bitch
03-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Yet, here you are. Posting. Multiple times.

I didn’t read a word of your kid story, sugar tits

Prison Bitch
03-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Almost all sicence teachers are male.

displacedinMN
03-02-2019, 04:34 PM
It is always great when you can feel proud of your kids. It means you are doing something right.

I meet a lot of parents that have no clue what to do. You can see it in their faces and hear it when you talk to them. They lash out at others because they have realized-they failed.

Great Expectations
03-02-2019, 06:53 PM
What if they are covered in Guacamole Slices, then what?

#Facebookplanet

What are guacamole slices?

Are they better than guacamole strips?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 09:15 AM
It is always great when you can feel proud of your kids. It means you are doing something right.

I meet a lot of parents that have no clue what to do. You can see it in their faces and hear it when you talk to them. They lash out at others because they have realized-they failed.

https://rlv.zcache.com/sanctimommy_sticker-rc1845142996b44ce9ec6ebe171c3cf7e_v9waf_8byvr_630.jpg?view_padding=%5B285%2C0%2C285%2C0%5D

displacedinMN
03-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Can't help it. Parent/teacher conferences are not fun.

Chiefsallday
03-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Older kid....but that moment my son became Missouri state champion in the 100m and 200m dash and later took the 6th straight team state title. Man my chest was out there for sure!! Up to now....and he’s still running.... he’s All State, All American, All Missouri Valley (NCAA Collegiate) and as of last week he’s All SEC (he transferred and is now running for MU). Hopefully great days ahead of him too.

jdubya
03-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Oldest boy is in the military about to deploy for the sand box

Next is getting straight A`s in his first semester in college

Youngest (daughter) shredding it up in her first year of HS

Not sure if I had anything to do with it but my kids are off to the races

lewdog
03-03-2019, 05:01 PM
My son has perfected taking a dump while in his height chair, every single morning.

Festus
03-03-2019, 07:31 PM
"God gave us children so that death does not come as such a disappointment" -- spoken By Mrs. Harper in 'Two and a Half Men'

Chiefshrink
03-03-2019, 10:54 PM
These are great moments for sure and are fun. But the most important thing I tell any new parent is always be "shepherding their heart" in all circumstances good/bad from the toddler age up until the end of grade school. This is when they soak up the most info both emotionally and mentally. By junior high/middle school the heart is pretty much set. Therefore it is the "heart" that must be continually shepherded at all times. Many new parents nowadays make the mistake of focusing on making sure their kid is doing Calc III by the time they are 5 yrs old(exaggerating here but you get my point) and letting kids get away with "the attitude" when they are young thinking it is cute and naively thinking they will just grow out of it only to find out by the time they are teens they are the ones running the household, which is what you don't want. Your kid's bent/gifts will come regardless because this is how they are wired. But it is much easier to support and nourish their bent/gifts when their heart has been "shepherded properly".

DO the hard work now when they are young and the teen years will be much much easier. And if you think you are proud now, just wait when friends, teachers, co-workers,relatives, etc.... compliment you about how mature, courteous and genuinely caring for others first when they are teens !! These moments are the real proud moments. If you are doing it right in their young years you will have these mini-moments leading up to the teen years for sure:thumb: This is when all the hard work now that you are doing pays off because you have prepared them for adulthood.

This is how you must look at parenting that you are preparing them for adulthood to eventually fly out of the nest. Too many kids these days either don't know, or refuse to fly out of the nest because mom and dad either weren't there or allowed themselves to be manipulated letting the kid/kids call the shots.

Continue to do the hard work now(shepherding the heart) and it will make your kid and your lives much easier in the future in all facets of life.;)

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 11:25 PM
"God gave us children so that death does not come as such a disappointment" -- spoken By Mrs. Harper in 'Two and a Half Men'

Now imagine being Martin Sheen and knowing what an AIDs-ridden embarrassment your son is. ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
03-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Older kid....but that moment my son became Missouri state champion in the 100m and 200m dash and later took the 6th straight team state title. Man my chest was out there for sure!! Up to now....and he’s still running.... he’s All State, All American, All Missouri Valley (NCAA Collegiate) and as of last week he’s All SEC (he transferred and is now running for MU). Hopefully great days ahead of him too.That's awesome. Our middle son has run in the AAU and USATF National Championships the last two years. He hasn't won at Nationals, but he did well (and won a lot to get there). His soccer team has won state the past two years (midfielder) and his basketball team won state this year (shooting guard).

Our other kids are good athletes as well, just not this level. It'd be great to see him play beyond high school, but who knows how that'll go.

Over Yonder
03-04-2019, 02:12 AM
Knowing nobody else besides the wife and I give a squirt about our kids , I will share a couple stories anyway.

1. Oldest daughter. When she was young we had a kitchen counter with an overhang. She would run under that thing everyday for hours it would seem. Just laughing and loving life. ..... until that day, her head scraped. I think it shocked her, because she just put her hand on her head and had a blank looking stare. Damn, I can still see it all :D

2. 3rd boy telling me he wanted to be a Marine. I won't likely tell the other kids, but that little talk welled my heart up with pride probably more than any little talk I had with any of 'em. The talk had to be kept short because the water was getting heavy under my eyes. I tried to talk him into Navy, but he wasn't buying. And like I said, I wasn't in a position to bargain. LOL

Got a lot more stories, but you know.....

ChiTown
03-04-2019, 07:12 AM
I’m proud of all of my kids, but honestly, aren’t all parents? If not, you’re doing it wrong!

When CP was a smaller community, years ago, I probably shared more info, because it felt more like Family. Now, not so much, which is fine. It is what it is.

Chieficus
03-04-2019, 07:21 AM
My wife and I are foster parents, so our "firsts" are probably a bit different ;-)

We've had a lot of firsts with our current foster daughter, though. She was placed with us at almost 10 months old and was behind in a lot of stuff. Six months later, she's still a little behind but has caught up a lot... Rolling over, sitting up, crawling, standing up. Working with her and her therapist, it's been exciting to watch all her progressions.

However, wife and I are also 6 months in to expecting a baby boy, so we'll get to those other firsts soon enough. :-)

displacedinMN
03-04-2019, 07:48 AM
These are great moments for sure and are fun. But the most important thing I tell any new parent is always be "shepherding their heart" in all circumstances good/bad from the toddler age up until the end of grade school. This is when they soak up the most info both emotionally and mentally. By junior high/middle school the heart is pretty much set. Therefore it is the "heart" that must be continually shepherded at all times. Many new parents nowadays make the mistake of focusing on making sure their kid is doing Calc III by the time they are 5 yrs old(exaggerating here but you get my point) and letting kids get away with "the attitude" when they are young thinking it is cute and naively thinking they will just grow out of it only to find out by the time they are teens they are the ones running the household, which is what you don't want. Your kid's bent/gifts will come regardless because this is how they are wired. But it is much easier to support and nourish their bent/gifts when their heart has been "shepherded properly".

DO the hard work now when they are young and the teen years will be much much easier. And if you think you are proud now, just wait when friends, teachers, co-workers,relatives, etc.... compliment you about how mature, courteous and genuinely caring for others first when they are teens !! These moments are the real proud moments. If you are doing it right in their young years you will have these mini-moments leading up to the teen years for sure:thumb: This is when all the hard work now that you are doing pays off because you have prepared them for adulthood.

This is how you must look at parenting that you are preparing them for adulthood to eventually fly out of the nest. Too many kids these days either don't know, or refuse to fly out of the nest because mom and dad either weren't there or allowed themselves to be manipulated letting the kid/kids call the shots.

Continue to do the hard work now(shepherding the heart) and it will make your kid and your lives much easier in the future in all facets of life.;)

AMEN. Not sure how someone gave you a thumbs down.

HemiEd
03-04-2019, 07:53 AM
I’m proud of all of my kids, but honestly, aren’t all parents? If not, you’re doing it wrong!

When CP was a smaller community, years ago, I probably shared more info, because it felt more like Family. Now, not so much, which is fine. It is what it is.

Well said! I am very proud of my kids, grandkids and great grandaughter.

Pennywise
03-04-2019, 08:26 AM
My freshman daughter was the only 9th grader to make varsity basketball and play in the rotation all year. They won state in the Alamodome this weekend.

luv
03-04-2019, 08:54 AM

I didn’t read a word of your kid story, sugar tits

Hmmm... Interesting.

Whatever.

luv
03-04-2019, 08:58 AM
For those of you who hate kid stories and don't want to read them, okay.

For those that have shared things, I just want you to know that I enjoyed reading them. That's the reason I started the thread.

fan4ever
03-04-2019, 09:07 AM
"shepherding their heart"

My wife taught young children for 30 years. Her motto was that "while I'm trusted with young minds, I'm also responsible for young hearts". Great viewpoint IMO.

Chiefsallday
03-04-2019, 07:52 PM
That's awesome. Our middle son has run in the AAU and USATF National Championships the last two years. He hasn't won at Nationals, but he did well (and won a lot to get there). His soccer team has won state the past two years (midfielder) and his basketball team won state this year (shooting guard).

Our other kids are good athletes as well, just not this level. It'd be great to see him play beyond high school, but who knows how that'll go.

Man that great too....I coach track...I coached my son and other Missouri State champions and national champions too. Let me know if you need a team...we practice year round in order to stay competitive and give our kids a great chance to earn scholarships!!

Why Not?
03-04-2019, 08:41 PM
My wife taught young children for 30 years. Her motto was that "while I'm trusted with young minds, I'm also responsible for young hearts". Great viewpoint IMO.

Having met her, that makes sense. How you tricked her into marrying your dumb ass, I’ll never know.

Just kidding buddy.

Sorry
03-04-2019, 08:59 PM

Is there anything complex about you other than your daily struggle to land toothpaste on your toothbrush?

Sorce
03-04-2019, 09:15 PM
My daughter has apparently decided she's bilingual. She asked for agua even tho she has said water before. Gotta check if my mom taught her that.

Pitt Gorilla
03-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Man that great too....I coach track...I coached my son and other Missouri State champions and national champions too. Let me know if you need a team...we practice year round in order to stay competitive and give our kids a great chance to earn scholarships!!
That’s awesome, thanks. Fortunately, we belong to a pretty strong track club that does a great job with the kids. It’s great that there are wonderful people out there willing to spend the time to work with young people.

wutamess
03-05-2019, 09:05 AM
My oldest biological.

Last year 4x100 track team broke the JHS District record 3 times.
Last year broke the 60 year old JHS District triple jump record.

Freshman in HS this year, has a full ride offer (for soccer) on the table from KSU and Arkansas. Expecting KU any day now.

Spoke with Arkansas coach last week and they wanted her to come visit but didn't have any camps planned between now and time to decide. Told me if daughter was interested, they'd make up a camp just for her to come visit.

Chiefsallday
03-05-2019, 09:15 AM
My oldest biological.

Freshman in HS this year, has a full ride offer (for soccer) on the table from KSU and Arkansas. Expecting KU any day now.

Spoke with Arkansas coach last week and they wanted her to come visit but didn't have any camps planned between now and time to decide. Told me if daughter was interested, they'd make up a camp just for her to come visit.

I know you didn't ask but my only suggestion is take your time in committing to any school unless one of those schools is her dream school. And if she's that's good then you can fully expect her to get even more lucrative offers in the future from other NCAA programs.

fan4ever
03-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Having met her, that makes sense. How you tricked her into marrying your dumb ass, I’ll never know.

I often wonder the same thing. :hmmm:

wutamess
03-05-2019, 09:27 AM
I know you didn't ask but my only suggestion is take your time in committing to any school unless one of those schools is her dream school. And if she's that's good then you can fully expect her to get even more lucrative offers in the future from other NCAA programs.

Well a couple things... There's a new recruiting "law" being voted on in April. Colleges can't have ANY communication with anyone until Junior year. She's wanting to make a decision before that "law" is voted on to lock in her spot.

I'm all for her waiting. The offers and stuff are flattering but time is on hew side. Either way, unless injury or pregnancy, looks like we're dodging the student loan bullet with this one. She's also a 4.0 student with advanced classes.

WhawhaWhat
03-05-2019, 09:28 AM
My daughter has apparently decided she's bilingual. She asked for agua even tho she has said water before. Gotta check if my mom taught her that.

My nephew used to watch Dora when he was little and Dora used to have segments with foreign languages. Fast forward to one time we're at the grocery store where he sees an Asian woman and he walks up to her and just blurts out "Ni Hao!"

I didn't know anything about Dora but I was shocked and a little stunned and apologized to her.

ptlyon
03-05-2019, 10:24 AM
My nephew used to watch Dora when he was little and Dora used to have segments with foreign languages. Fast forward to one time we're at the grocery store where he sees an Asian woman and he walks up to her and just blurts out "Ni Hao!"

I didn't know anything about Dora but I was shocked and a little stunned and apologized to her.

Had to look it up, it's not like he called her a whore or anything

BIG_DADDY
03-05-2019, 11:32 AM
My oldest biological.

Sweet

BIG_DADDY
03-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Have an 11 year old boy who competes at a very high level in Judo and Jiu-Jitsu. Just got back from Dallas where he fought in the World League Jiu-Jitsu tournament and took bronze. He took gold last time and was disappointed. I fly out tomorrow to Colorado Springs where he will be in The USA Judo Nationals at the Olympic training center. He was also student of the year at his school and is trying very hard to qualify for one of 15 seats in a school for the gifted. I am a very proud father. Hopefully he gets in because we are done with public schools.

Prison Bitch
03-05-2019, 05:21 PM
My son has perfected taking a dump while in his height chair, every single morning.

It’s amazing isn’t it.

Sometimes I wonder how I was able to join the other 6billion folks on this rock by replicating myself. Quite an achievement

rico
03-05-2019, 10:03 PM
How do you embed a tweet on here?

Why Not?
03-05-2019, 11:45 PM
I often wonder the same thing. :hmmm:

LOL!

Mahomes15MyHomes
03-06-2019, 12:10 AM
My son digging two baseballs out of the bottom of his toy box before he was 2

displacedinMN
03-07-2019, 10:38 AM
How do you embed a tweet on here?

arrows on tweet, hit embed. copy it
paste it here.

Why Not?
03-09-2019, 10:02 PM
So today was the Gilbert(AZ)7U flag football championship. The Chiefs(coached by yours truly)won the championship in, get this, the 10th overtime period. Basically a condensed version of NCAA rules. Each team gets the ball on either their opponents 5(go for 1), or 10(go for 2). The teams played 9 scoreless OT periods highlighted by unbelievable plays on D for both sides until in the 10th, my son ran a perfect post corner and laid out to catch the walk off conversion in what was one of the most intense sporting events anyone there could ever recall.

I can post this story here because anyone who is a parent gets that the emotional roller coaster of watching your kids play sports is almost unparalleled.

IA_Chiefs_fan
03-10-2019, 12:13 AM
As of today my daughter is a licensed esthetician. I'm a proud dad.

ChiefsFanatic
03-10-2019, 02:53 AM
Here is story about a father and son:

When my son started school, he made a friend who was mixed race, and his father was no longer around. He also made friends with a boy a couple of houses down, who lived with his mom and two sisters. This father was also no longer in the picture.

From the age of 5 all through high school, they remained close friends, best friends. Over the course of those 12 years I included these two boys in many of our family activities, always making sure that I spent a little extra time with each of them. When we played Halo, my son was a prodigy and so I always spent more time helping the other boys. When we went to the driving range, I always gave them some one on one time, as my son was on the high school golf team.

I just always made an effort to try and have a positive impact, and to be positive male influence in their lives. I didn't act like I was their father, unless I saw them step out of bounds and going in the wrong direction.

A few months after my son and his friends graduated high school, I had an opportunity to be on a long drive with just my son and daughter. I was crushed to find out that they had always had some resentment for those 2 boys, because they felt like I sometimes paid more attention to them than I did my own kids. I felt hurt, that I had caused some pain in the heart of my children. I never wanted them to feel like I cared about anyone more than I cared for them. They were and are the most important people in my life. I apologized to my kids, and told them that I grew up without my father in the picture. My old man didn't really come back into my life until I was a senior in high school. That's where we left the conversation.

About 7 years later my son asked if he could come over, and if we could share some alcoholic beverages on the front porch. Of course I said yes. We started talking about subjects that we always had in common. Comic books, movies, television shows, actors who sucked in a role and who we would have cast instead. Just shooting the breeze while getting buzzed.

Then my son gets serious, and he starts talking about my grandson, his son, and the young Woman he was dating at the time. His lady also had a son, about a year older than my grandson, and this boy had never had a father around his entire life. He told me that he loved the young woman he was dating, and that when they would do family things together, he could see that her son struggled sometimes when the two boys would be trying to play something together, and he would step in and help my grandson. During these family events he started giving more of his time to her young son, because my son wanted to be the first positive male role model in his life.

What my son said next literally made me cry, because he finally understood what I had been doing all those years ago with his two friends.

He said dad, I get it now. I know why you spent so much time with my friends when they were with us. He said that he always felt jealous, because he was my son and I should be paying more attention to him than these other boys. He said at the time his feelings were hurt and he thought that maybe I didn't love him as much as I should. Of course, this made me cry, because my intention was never to make him feel less loved.

But he continued on. He said that while spending time with his girlfriend and her son, he started to realize why I had spent so much time and attention on his friends. It wasn't because I loved him less, but because I was trying to show his friends that they were worthy of a man's attention, and trying to make them feel like they always had a man in their lives who genuinely cared about them, and who would be there any time they needed him.

My son said that he admired me so much for the kindness and love that I had shown his friends, and that he wanted to use my example whenever he spent time with his girlfriend and her son, to make sure that her son would know that a man cared about him, and would be there for him even though he wasn't the boys father.

I was so proud of my son in that moment, and so humbled to hear him say that he admired me, and wanted to follow in my footsteps to show a young boy that men can be good.

That conversation is one of the single greatest moments in my life, and the amount of pride I felt for my son cannot be measured.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Why Not?
03-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Here is story about a father and son:

When my son started school, he made a friend who was mixed race, and his father was no longer around. He also made friends with a boy a couple of houses down, who lived with his mom and two sisters. This father was also no longer in the picture.

From the age of 5 all through high school, they remained close friends, best friends. Over the course of those 12 years I included these two boys in many of our family activities, always making sure that I spent a little extra time with each of them. When we played Halo, my son was a prodigy and so I always spent more time helping the other boys. When we went to the driving range, I always gave them some one on one time, as my son was on the high school golf team.

I just always made an effort to try and have a positive impact, and to be positive male influence in their lives. I didn't act like I was their father, unless I saw them step out of bounds and going in the wrong direction.

A few months after my son and his friends graduated high school, I had an opportunity to be on a long drive with just my son and daughter. I was crushed to find out that they had always had some resentment for those 2 boys, because they felt like I sometimes paid more attention to them than I did my own kids. I felt hurt, that I had caused some pain in the heart of my children. I never wanted them to feel like I cared about anyone more than I cared for them. They were and are the most important people in my life. I apologized to my kids, and told them that I grew up without my father in the picture. My old man didn't really come back into my life until I was a senior in high school. That's where we left the conversation.

About 7 years later my son asked if he could come over, and if we could share some alcoholic beverages on the front porch. Of course I said yes. We started talking about subjects that we always had in common. Comic books, movies, television shows, actors who sucked in a role and who we would have cast instead. Just shooting the breeze while getting buzzed.

Then my son gets serious, and he starts talking about my grandson, his son, and the young Woman he was dating at the time. His lady also had a son, about a year older than my grandson, and this boy had never had a father around his entire life. He told me that he loved the young woman he was dating, and that when they would do family things together, he could see that her son struggled sometimes when the two boys would be trying to play something together, and he would step in and help my grandson. During these family events he started giving more of his time to her young son, because my son wanted to be the first positive male role model in his life.

What my son said next literally made me cry, because he finally understood what I had been doing all those years ago with his two friends.

He said dad, I get it now. I know why you spent so much time with my friends when they were with us. He said that he always felt jealous, because he was my son and I should be paying more attention to him than these other boys. He said at the time his feelings were hurt and he thought that maybe I didn't love him as much as I should. Of course, this made me cry, because my intention was never to make him feel less loved.

But he continued on. He said that while spending time with his girlfriend and her son, he started to realize why I had spent so much time and attention on his friends. It wasn't because I loved him less, but because I was trying to show his friends that they were worthy of a man's attention, and trying to make them feel like they always had a man in their lives who genuinely cared about them, and who would be there any time they needed him.

My son said that he admired me so much for the kindness and love that I had shown his friends, and that he wanted to use my example whenever he spent time with his girlfriend and her son, to make sure that her son would know that a man cared about him, and would be there for him even though he wasn't the boys father.

I was so proud of my son in that moment, and so humbled to hear him say that he admired me, and wanted to follow in my footsteps to show a young boy that men can be good.

That conversation is one of the single greatest moments in my life, and the amount of pride I felt for my son cannot be measured.

That’s a great story! There are few things more deplorable to me than a non involved or AWOL father. Thankfully there are good men in the world who step up when given the opportunity. Whatever people think of the current condition of the world, it would be 100x worse without men who fill the missing male role model need for boys.

IA_Chiefs_fan
03-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Here is story about a father and son...

Sounds like a couple of fathers have reason to be proud.

oldman
03-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Three college graduates, none of which live with or borrow money from us. 'Nuff said.

Why Not?
03-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Three college graduates, none of which live with or borrow money from us. 'Nuff said.

Yep. Your my ideal starting in about 12/13 years(my oldest is 10)

Festus
03-11-2019, 04:33 PM

In 1995 I started a small business. After exhausting all other avenues, I asked my folks for a loan. I didn't need much more, it was just 10K for a year at 10%. I paid them back $11K in 8 months.....pretty good investment I would say.....and I'm not a college graduate.