PDA

View Full Version : Football Ravens release FS Eric Weddle (34 years old)

Mephistopheles Janx
03-05-2019, 10:34 PM
Has no plans to retire. Has been in the last 3 Pro Bowls. He would be a nice consolation prize for the long shot that is Landon Collins to KC.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26144951/weddle-released-ravens-plan-retire.

htismaqe
03-05-2019, 10:35 PM
If he comes at a good price, he's exactly the type of guy that could provide veteran leadership and a solid, if unspectacular, presence in the secondary.

Jerok
03-05-2019, 10:48 PM
Look him in for a bring

TomBarndtsTwin
03-05-2019, 10:55 PM
He’s not the same guy. Regardless of the courtesy nod Pro Bowl appearance.

Did you even watch him in the game against the Chiefs earlier this year? He was awful.

Ravens fans were begging for him to be benched. And that’s coming from a fanbase that knows a little about defense.

Simply Red
03-05-2019, 11:37 PM
Landon Collins is far from a long shot.

Fish
03-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Absofuckinglutely sir.

New World Order
03-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Cut Berry and give that money to Weddle

Why Not?
03-05-2019, 11:56 PM

Did you even watch him in the game against the Chiefs earlier this year? He was awful.

Ravens fans were begging for him to be benched. And that’s coming from a fanbase that knows a little about defense.

Still 10x better than any corpse the Chiefs drug out there last season.

Buehler445
03-06-2019, 12:25 AM
Cut Berry and give that money to Weddle

UMMMMMMM Maybe not all of it? (!)

:D

carcosa
03-06-2019, 12:36 AM

Fucking THIS!!!!!

TomBarndtsTwin
03-06-2019, 12:40 AM
Still 10x better than any corpse the Chiefs drug out there last season.

Maybe.

He’s now basically a slower, albeit healthier, version of Eric Berry.

I’d rather see Watts play than give snaps to a washed up has been.

Rasputin
03-06-2019, 01:10 AM
No thanks. Build through the draft not scrap heap.

These are the worst signings, takes reps away from youtes.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-06-2019, 01:13 AM

Agreed! Collins is the Chiefs priority as well! Veach knows the safety position sucks. I’m glad he realizes that and will upgrade it

Rausch
03-06-2019, 01:40 AM

If we were to trade Ford or cut/trade Houston he should be a Chief.

Not our top priority, not making a hard push, should be a Chief...

patteeu
03-06-2019, 05:08 AM

Seconded

Mecca
03-06-2019, 05:27 AM
Build through the draft is great other than the Chiefs are in a complete win now mode and don't have enough picks to fix that defense.

-King-
03-06-2019, 05:39 AM
Maybe.

He’s now basically a slower, albeit healthier, version of Eric Berry.

I’d rather see Watts play than give snaps to a washed up has been.

Lol he had the most snaps on the #1 defense. Yes he's old and a bit slower.but how is he washed it?

-King-
03-06-2019, 05:41 AM

"Building" isn't exactly the priority here. We want to be as good as we can as soon as we can. If that means a young player can't get snaps over a vet, so be it.

Mephistopheles Janx
03-06-2019, 06:04 AM
"Building" isn't exactly the priority here. We want to be as good as we can as soon as we can. If that means a young player can't get snaps over a vet, so be it.

Seconded.

We currently don't have a FS worthy of starting on this roster. We were an Eric Reid away from going to the SB last season. If Collins winds up elsewhere, and KC doesn't draft a day 1 starter, we absolutely need a legit starter at FS. Veach would *HAVE* to go get Weddle. You simply cannot trust that Berry is going to be healthy for a full season nor pin your hopes on Armani Watts being able to be the man... especially with Sorensen and Lucas being the only other options.

Weddle has started every game he has played in outside of his rookie season. He has played all 16 games in each season in all but 3 seasons (including his rookie season). He has played over 1,000 snaps in each of the last 3 seasons.

He is old... but definitely not washed up. He won't command a king's ransom and the team could then develop the next FS behind him.

I almost like Weddle as an option more than I do Collins because it would allow the team to find the next FS via the draft instead of giving Collins a Berry'eque contract.

-King-
03-06-2019, 06:26 AM
Seconded.

We currently don't have a FS worthy of starting on this roster. We were an Eric Reid away from going to the SB last season. If Collins winds up elsewhere, and KC doesn't draft a day 1 starter, we absolutely need a legit starter at FS. Veach would *HAVE* to go get Weddle. You simply cannot trust that Berry is going to be healthy for a full season nor pin your hopes on Armani Watts being able to be the man... especially with Sorensen and Lucas being the only other options.

Weddle has started every game he has played in outside of his rookie season. He has played all 16 games in each season in all but 3 seasons (including his rookie season). He has played over 1,000 snaps in each of the last 3 seasons.

He is old... but definitely not washed up. He won't command a king's ransom and the team could then develop the next FS behind him.

I almost like Weddle as an option more than I do Collins because it would allow the team to find the next FS via the draft instead of giving Collins a Berry'eque contract.

I didn't want to go there but since you did, I think I agree with you about preferring weddle to Collins. If our front seven can do their job, we shouldn't need a player like Collins to shore up the run defense. And seeing how he's average at best at coverage, there wouldn't really be an upside to him in that scenario. For the price they'll command, think id rather have Weddle.

O.city
03-06-2019, 06:31 AM
How bout Collins and Weddle?

He’s the type of player a contender adds that makes a difference

Eleazar
03-06-2019, 06:42 AM
Build through the draft is great other than the Chiefs are in a complete win now mode and don't have enough picks to fix that defense.

This team isn't in 'win now' mode. We have an elite quarterback who's 23. We're in 'build a dynasty' mode.

Hoover
03-06-2019, 06:47 AM
Win now = spending FA money IMO

We can do that and still build through the draft.

TEX
03-06-2019, 07:04 AM
This team isn't in 'win now' mode. We have an elite quarterback who's 23. We're in 'build a dynasty' mode.

Exactly the case! :D

Mecca
03-06-2019, 07:10 AM

They're in win now mode for trying to win before Mahomes gets a billion dollars and they have cap issues all the time because of it.

Kman34
03-06-2019, 07:14 AM
There’s a reason he’s been released... old(34) and they have younger cheaper players to do the same job.. we don’t need short term solutions to a long term problem..

pugsnotdrugs19
03-06-2019, 07:17 AM
How bout Collins and Weddle?

He’s the type of player a contender adds that makes a difference

Would shrink down the needs ahead of the draft. I’d do it if the money isn’t crazy.

In58men
03-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Missed 7 games in 12 seasons.

scho63
03-06-2019, 07:42 AM

Good answer, :clap::clap::clap: good answer!

scho63
03-06-2019, 07:46 AM
There’s a reason he’s been released... old(34) and they have younger cheaper players to do the same job.. we don’t need short term solutions to a long term problem..

Another good answer! :clap:

loochy
03-06-2019, 07:56 AM
They're in win now mode for trying to win before Mahomes gets a billion dollars and they have cap issues all the time because of it.<br />
<br />
This. What kind of FAs do you think we'll have room to sign after Mahomes gets the biggest contract in NFL history and we're also paying massive sums for Hill, Jones, and probably Kelce again?

So should we take Weddle? That depends on how cheap he is. He could fill a hole with quality for the cheap for a year or two while we focus on drafting other positions...I guess it depends on what we can get in the draft and FA and if Weddle is still available then.

J Diddy
03-06-2019, 07:56 AM
There’s a reason he’s been released... old(34) and they have younger cheaper players to do the same job.. we don’t need short term solutions to a long term problem.. One thing we have consistently done and done well is to sign short contracts for aging players. That helps us fill the gap till the youngsters are ready to play. Building exclusively through the draft is not going to get us where we need to be quickly. We can sign veteran players and draft youngsters simultaneously and get quicker results.

loochy
03-06-2019, 08:00 AM
One thing we have consistently done and done well is to sign short contracts for aging players. That helps us fill the gap till the youngsters are ready to play. Building exclusively through the draft is not going to get us where we need to be quickly. We can sign veteran players and draft youngsters simultaneously and get quicker results.

Right. It would be just to fill a hole for the short term. We only have so many draft picks and a ton of needs. It would be awesome to have 5 first and second round picks to fill all the holes in one year...but that won't happen, now will it?

srvy
03-06-2019, 08:02 AM
Really liked Weddle 5 years ago dont know now. I guess if Spags thinks he could help Id be ok.

FringeNC
03-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Like any of these guys, it depends on what you can get him for. With Mahomes, we should be looking at building a dynasty (i.e., not breaking the bank on D), and this guy could be a nice 1-2 stop gap measure if he can be had for the right price.

J Diddy
03-06-2019, 08:04 AM
Really liked Weddle 5 years ago dont know now. I guess if Spags thinks he could help Id be ok.

That being said is safety the largest need? It would seem to me that corners are what we need most.

loochy
03-06-2019, 08:07 AM
That being said is safety the largest need? It would seem to me that corners are what we need most.

I REALLY think our corners would not be so bad with proper safety help and a reasonable scheme. However, we really only have two corners right now though...

J Diddy
03-06-2019, 08:15 AM
I REALLY think our corners would not be so bad with proper safety help and a reasonable scheme. However, we really only have two corners right now though...

I agree. I think our scheme did our players an injustice. Instead of hiring weaknesses Sutton made them glaring.

MahiMike
03-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Love this guy. Get him.

Old Dog
03-06-2019, 08:24 AM
If the price is decent this is absolutely a guy you look at for a couple of years, but not one to break the bank for. It's not like he's ever sniffed a ring, is it possible he'd take a touch less to chase one?

loochy
03-06-2019, 08:24 AM
If the price is decent this is absolutely a guy you look at for a couple of years, but not one to break the bank for. It's not like he's ever sniffed a ring, is it possible he'd take a touch less to chase one?

Not if he's like Justin Houston

Munson
03-06-2019, 08:27 AM
A 1-year deal for Weddle would work for me.

MahiMike
03-06-2019, 08:42 AM
He'd be the Ben zobrist of the chiefs. A guy that makes the game winning play to get us that ring.

srvy
03-06-2019, 08:44 AM
I agree. I think our scheme did our players an injustice. Instead of hiring weaknesses Sutton made them glaring.

I think some was the scheme but also so much confusion in the secondary. The safeties always seemed late getting over to help if they got there at all. It did seem as though no one knew their responsibilities thats on Sutton. He really should have dumbed down the defense if he didn't have the personal to handle it. I do think we need help at safety and I dont believe in Berry any longer.

Charvarius Ward looks like could be a bright spot at corner hope he continues to develop. Wards development taking 15 games to get him in was proof Suttons defense was to complex. Id like to see secondary addressed in the draft hopefully a good corner is available who isnt a headcase.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-06-2019, 08:46 AM
A Collins/Weddle combo is probably enough skill, leadership and smarts on the back end to make your defense look a whole lot better.

New World Order
03-06-2019, 08:51 AM
He'd be the Ben zobrist of the chiefs. A guy that makes the game winning play to get us that ring.

I like this comparison

KChiefs1
03-06-2019, 09:00 AM

Nice analogy.

loochy
03-06-2019, 09:17 AM
I think some was the scheme but also so much confusion in the secondary. The safeties always seemed late getting over to help if they got there at all. It did seem as though no one knew their responsibilities thats on Sutton. He really should have dumbed down the defense if he didn't have the personal to handle it. I do think we need help at safety and I dont believe in Berry any longer.

Charvarius Ward looks like could be a bright spot at corner hope he continues to develop. Wards development taking 15 games to get him in was proof Suttons defense was to complex. Id like to see secondary addressed in the draft hopefully a good corner is available who isnt a headcase.

Don't forget the continuous lining up of corners 10 yards off of the receivers.

FringeNC
03-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Except baseball players tend to age more gracefully than NFL safeties. But yeah, I want to sign him at the right price.

New World Order
03-06-2019, 09:19 AM
We'll be around 43 million if we get rid of Houston, Ford, Murray, Berry, Sorensen, Ragland.

That's enough dough to sign Collins, Weddle and Flowers.

Hoover
03-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Where does Flowers play? He's not a 4-3 DE correct, wouldn't he be an DT in our system?

patteeu
03-06-2019, 09:26 AM

I disagree. They're in build a potential dynasty mode. Sure that includes an open window this year, but it's not a mortgage the future because the window is closing situation. Young free agents/trade targets with upside should also be part of the plan.

YontsRBake
03-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Where does Flowers play? He's not a 4-3 DE correct, wouldn't he be an DT in our system?

He’d play the SDE I think.

Chiefs Moon
03-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Hard pass on a 34 year old safety.

TomBarndtsTwin
03-06-2019, 09:47 AM

This.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2019, 10:02 AM

I disagree. I think these are exactly the kinds of signings we need. It's like a Sammy Watkins contract. Sign him to a 2-3 year deal that's easy to get out of. We don't need long term contracts like Houston. But id be willing to overspend on veteran stopgaps. We are so close to a super bowl. We don't need to rebuild. We can ease the transition while still focusing on developing young players.

In58men
03-06-2019, 10:05 AM

Still playing at a high level and we don’t have to break the bank.

Joejuan Williams and Weddle is fine by me.

Draft OL in the 2nd, I’m with Veach on this one. Protect Mahomes at all cost.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2019, 10:09 AM
I think he’s a good fit, right price for a defense of a team in the hunt, too 6 team. This is the type of signing that pushes a really good team to that next level potentially.

Chris Meck
03-06-2019, 10:09 AM
He’d play the SDE I think.

He played RDE for NE.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2019, 10:10 AM
I disagree. They're in build a potential dynasty mode. Sure that includes an open window this year, but it's not a mortgage the future because the window is closing situation. Young free agents/trade targets with upside should also be part of the plan.

Long term contracts mortgage the future. Short term contracts are designed to be easy to opt out of. We realistically can't rebuild our defense in one draft. And id rather have 5 solid veterans than 1-2 superstars given all of our needs. Our goal should be to sign stopgaps and aggressively draft a replacement that can take their contract off the books sooner or later. This used to be Dorsey’s approach until he lost his way and started throwing tons of money into long term deals.

YontsRBake
03-06-2019, 10:13 AM
He played RDE for NE.

https://www.patriots.com/team/depth-chart

Chris Meck
03-06-2019, 10:15 AM
https://www.patriots.com/team/depth-chart

they move guys around. He was on Fisher a lot in the play-off game.
shrug

YontsRBake
03-06-2019, 10:19 AM
they move guys around. He was on Fisher a lot in the play-off game.

I agree with that. I think he can play any position on the DL, I just think his best fit is SDE in this scheme.

htismaqe
03-06-2019, 10:19 AM

Once Mahomes gets paid, that all goes out the window. The entire structure of the team will have to change in two years.

The time to win is right now and it can be done just fine without mortgaging the future. That's a ridiculous myth anyway.

The way you screw up the future is betting on players like Eric Berry and Dee Ford that have been injured all the time and then giving them big contracts. You can win now AND build for the future if you're smart.

htismaqe
03-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Long term contracts mortgage the future. Short term contracts are designed to be easy to opt out of. We realistically can't rebuild our defense in one draft. And id rather have 5 solid veterans than 1-2 superstars given all of our needs. Our goal should be to sign stopgaps and aggressively draft a replacement that can take their contract off the books sooner or later. This used to be Dorsey’s approach until he lost his way and started throwing tons of money into long term deals.

:clap::clap::clap:

O.city
03-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Weddle is a guy you could get for something like 2 years 8 mil and replace Sorenson.

Chris Meck
03-06-2019, 10:25 AM
I agree with that. I think he can play any position on the DL, I just think his best fit is SDE in this scheme.

I think he'd be excellent at RDE next to Jones. Who you gonna double?

I think we've been in a 3-4 so long that we fans all think of pass rushers as speed guys only. That's not really the case.

Speaks-Nnadi-Jones-Flowers would be a great run stuffing line, and while I don't think they lead the league in sacks, would still be very good in pass rush.

Hoover
03-06-2019, 10:35 AM

I think we've been in a 3-4 so long that we fans all think of pass rushers as speed guys only. That's not really the case.

Speaks-Nnadi-Jones-Flowers would be a great run stuffing line, and while I don't think they lead the league in sacks, would still be very good in pass rush.
Good to know. Of course not opposed, and it makes a ton of sense with Daly coaching the DL. Just wanted to know how he fits.

I hate to say this, but I feel like the stars are aligning. You can fix this defense pretty quick with Collins and Flowers, who are both UFAs at the age of 25. These are the types of players to pay, and this is the exact time you go get these guys when you are in the position the Chiefs are in.

Not only does this defense get younger, but it gets much better, and you still have a ton of draft picks to invest in this team with.

YontsRBake
03-06-2019, 10:37 AM

I was thinking of this in terms of keeping Ford. A Flowers/Nnadi/Jones/Ford DL. In the case of losing Ford I’d definitely agree with Flowers at RDE, mainly due to the fact I absolutely wouldn’t want Speaks at WDE.

Eleazar
03-06-2019, 10:41 AM
There's no reason to be both old AND bad on defense. One of the two is acceptable. There is no reason to be both.

htismaqe
03-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Good to know. Of course not opposed, and it makes a ton of sense with Daly coaching the DL. Just wanted to know how he fits.

I hate to say this, but I feel like the stars are aligning. You can fix this defense pretty quick with Collins and Flowers, who are both UFAs at the age of 25. These are the types of players to pay, and this is the exact time you go get these guys when you are in the position the Chiefs are in.

Not only does this defense get younger, but it gets much better, and you still have a ton of draft picks to invest in this team with.

:clap::clap::clap:

Clyde Frog
03-06-2019, 10:58 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/4d1de1fdd01ac98c94bec53a229bee1c.jpg
:hmmm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New World Order
03-06-2019, 10:59 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-06-2019, 11:00 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/4d1de1fdd01ac98c94bec53a229bee1c.jpg
[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We gotta re sign Sherm!

New World Order
03-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Weddle is a guy you could get for something like 2 years 8 mil and replace Sorenson.

Cutting Berry and Sorensen pays for Weddle

htismaqe
03-06-2019, 11:07 AM
Cutting Berry and Sorensen pays for Weddle

Cutting Berry and Sorenson would pay for Weddle AND another player, easily.

The Franchise
03-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Cutting Berry and Sorenson....and signing Weddle and Collins would improve our safety position so fucking much. I'd still grab a safety in the 2nd-3rd round range to take over for Weddle next year though.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2019, 11:10 AM

Yup. That's the key. Nobody who wants Weddle thinks he's a difference maker. But one superstar free agent is equal to Weddle + 1-2 starters. Id rather the latter.

Chris Meck
03-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Yup. That's the key. Nobody who wants Weddle thinks he's a difference maker. But one superstar free agent is equal to Weddle + 1-2 starters. Id rather the latter.

IF you signed Weddle, you might still be able to afford a KJ Wright or possibly Anthony Barr to play SSLB.

If you sign Collins I don't know if you can afford it. But, sign Collins and you're set there for the next 5 years.

I'm assuming they're going to spend money at DE too.

I guess it depends on philosophy. I can see going either way.

I wish the draft was in March and FA in April.

htismaqe
03-06-2019, 11:17 AM
IF you signed Weddle, you might still be able to afford a KJ Wright or possibly Anthony Barr to play SSLB.

If you sign Collins I don't know if you can afford it. But, sign Collins and you're set there for the next 5 years.

I'm assuming they're going to spend money at DE too.

I guess it depends on philosophy. I can see going either way.

I wish the draft was in March and FA in April.

I'm honestly good with either one, they're both basically the same approach. Sign a marquis free agent, sign a few stop gaps, draft well, profit.

The Franchise
03-06-2019, 11:25 AM
You could sign Weddle to cover the FS position and draft a SS in the top 2-3 rounds for the inevitable time when Berry can't play.

loochy
03-06-2019, 11:29 AM
for the inevitable time when Berry can't play.Oh you mean all the time from here on out?

Chris Meck
03-06-2019, 11:30 AM
You could sign Weddle to cover the FS position and draft a SS in the top 2-3 rounds for the inevitable time when Berry can't play.

Like September?

:rolleyes::D

L.A. Chieffan
03-06-2019, 11:32 AM
Hard Pass

BossChief
03-06-2019, 12:26 PM
He’s older, but is still a really good player.

Go get him Veach!

Chris Meck
03-06-2019, 12:33 PM
I like the idea that whatever vet FA's we bring in have played on really good defenses.
So they know what that is, and how it works. They'll keep themselves and teammates accountable. I think that's one of the big problems we've had the last couple seasons.

Weddle, Barr, KJ Wright, Amos, Curry, Collins, they've all played on top 5 defenses. Flowers not statistically, but certainly in post-season play the NE defense stepped up their game.

I think in terms of flipping the script with this defense it's important.

Hoover
03-06-2019, 12:36 PM
Cutting Berry and Sorenson....and signing Weddle and Collins would improve our safety position so fucking much. I'd still grab a safety in the 2nd-3rd round range to take over for Weddle next year though.
Yes. Cutting all the fat (Berry and Houston) not only fills needs and improve the defense, but we can still use the draft to add quality depth. Just make sure you're not wedded to Weddle you need him to sign a contract you can get out of.

I'd sign Flowers and Collins on day one of free agency then wait for some bargains.

This team can and I think will trade Ford for a no less than a high second rounder.

5 picks in the top what, 64 picks + Collins + Flowers = damn!

GloryDayz
03-06-2019, 12:52 PM
At the right price, he'd be a welcome addition.

scho63
03-06-2019, 01:46 PM
We'll be around 43 million if we get rid of Houston, Ford, Murray, Berry, Sorensen, Ragland.

That's enough dough to sign Collins, Weddle and Flowers.

That's crazy talk on so many levels. :rolleyes:

scho63
03-06-2019, 01:48 PM
STOP THE WEDDLE INSANITY!

Do not need or want

RaidersOftheCellar
03-07-2019, 09:24 AM

The fact that fans of the best defense in the league weren't fully satisfied doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge upgrade for us.

RunKC
03-07-2019, 09:28 AM
I wouldn’t mind Weddle, but I think his strong numbers are due in part to being on the most talented defense in the league.

They were stacked pretty much everywhere.

YontsRBake
03-07-2019, 11:04 AM
I wouldn’t mind Weddle, but I think his strong numbers are due in part to being on the most talented defense in the league.

They were stacked pretty much everywhere.

It's worth considering that many of the players on the Ravens defense have said that Weddle was the mental leader of their defense.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/03/baltimore-ravens-defense-eric-weddle-don-martindale-brandon-carr-tony-jefferson

Getting someone like that I believe would be pretty beneficial.

htismaqe
03-07-2019, 11:10 AM
The fact that fans of the best defense in the league weren't fully satisfied doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge upgrade for us.

My 90-year old grandmother would be a huge upgrade for the Chiefs.

saphojunkie
03-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Signing with Rams:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021582/article/exravens-safety-eric-weddle-set-to-visit-rams

The Los Angeles Rams agreed to terms on a two-year deal with Weddle that is worth up to $12.5 million with a $10.5 million salary, a source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Friday. The team later confirmed the signing. Weddle had 11 offers and narrowed the list down to five teams before choosing the Rams, per Rapoport and Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager.

The Rams were in the safety market with Lamarcus Joyner heading to free agency after playing 2018 under the franchise tag.

L.A. is a sensible landing spot for the 34-year-old veteran Weddle, who remains one of the headiest safeties in the NFL despite his age. The Rams remain in win-now mode after reaching the Super Bowl and could lose several players on the defensive side of the ball this offseason.

With the glut of safeties set to enter the market, Weddle was fortunate to get a jump on the competition after his release from the Ravens this week. He found a landing spot well before the market opened on Wednesday.

Bowser
03-08-2019, 04:27 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/29/2998c8ae8c73c242f221d69b7ef59f75c0c4d6cf4c6183524d1c25ae862c941d.jpg

JakeF
03-08-2019, 05:04 PM
That's a lot for a 34 year old safety, in a huge year for available safeties in Draft and FA.

RealSNR
03-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Could have had a Super Bowl in KC, Eric.

You will regret that decision. Horribly.

Coochie liquor
03-08-2019, 05:10 PM
My 90-year old grandmother would be a huge upgrade for the Chiefs.

Bring her in for a look??

Simply Red
03-08-2019, 05:10 PM
That's crazy talk on so many levels. :rolleyes:

how? Please explain

loochy
03-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Yeah, 2 for 12...too expensive for my tastes for an old guy. NEXT

MahiMike
03-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Dammit veach!

TambaBerry
03-08-2019, 05:41 PM
I can't believe you guys wanted a 34 year old fucking safety who didn't play that well last year.

Mephistopheles Janx
03-08-2019, 05:46 PM
I can't believe you guys wanted a 34 year old fucking safety who didn't play that well last year.

He played so poorly that the #1 defense in the NFL had him play 140 more snaps than anyone else on the team. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone thought Weddle would anchor the secondary for the next 5 years but we literally have *NOTHING* at FS. Our needs at FS were so bad last season that we signed Ron Parker to start when he couldn't even make another team as a backup.

Signing Weddle would have given KC a year or two to draft and begin development on the next FS without having to give out another huge contract for someone like Collins who may very well decide to take the next 4 years off like Berry and Houston did after their payday. I, for one, hold no hope that Armani Watts is going to pan out.

Iconic
03-08-2019, 05:54 PM
That's actually a good deal. Bodes real well for the safety market and especially for us. Just wish it was us getting him and not the Rams.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2019, 05:34 AM
I can't believe you guys wanted a 34 year old ****ing safety who didn't play that well last year.

Especially since we have Berry.

Rausch
03-09-2019, 06:10 AM
I can't believe you guys wanted a 34 year old ****ing safety who didn't play that well last year.

If for some reason he is signed it would clearly be a 1 or 2 year stop-gap move.

mcaj22
03-09-2019, 06:14 AM
That's actually a good deal. Bodes real well for the safety market and especially for us. Just wish it was us getting him and not the Rams.

I don't think that bodes well for the safety market at all for the Chiefs. If Weddle is 5-6 per at 100 years old and that's who the Rams are replacing Joyner with... then how far apart where the Rams and Joyner? That has to pencil Joyner in for 10+ million and Earl Thomas and Landon Collins are way better than him.

loochy
03-09-2019, 08:10 AM

To be fair, I wanted him but for cheaper than that..like 2 for $10 or 1 for $6

gblowfish
03-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Weddle may have wanted to play in LA because he spent most of his career in SoCal. I'll bet this is partly a family thing.