PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tyreek Hill: In the Head of Faider Nation

T-post Tom
03-06-2019, 04:16 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

How can the Oakland Raiders stop Tyreek Hill in 2019 and beyond?

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https://justblogbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/getty-images/2017/07/1097217876.jpeg&w=3200
The Kansas City Chiefs plan to sign Tyreek Hill to a long-term deal, so how do the Oakland Raiders handle him in 2019 and beyond.

It’s no secret the Chiefs and Raiders are bitter rivals in the AFC West. The Chiefs obviously had a great season last year nearly making it to the Super Bowl against the Los Angeles Rams. But the Chiefs are looking to sign one of their most important players, Tyreek Hill, to a long term deal locking him down for the long term future and making him one of the highest paid wide receivers in the game.

The previous leader for wide receiver contracts was Odell Beckham. The New York Giants superstar signed a $95 million dollar contract with $65 million in guaranteed cash before the previous season started; setting the standard for wide receiver contracts at the superstar level. While many Oakland fans have hatred for their division rival, there’s no questioning Hill’s talent in getting open and burning corners who make mistakes.

Tyreek Hill set career records, albeit, his young career, in 2018 with 87 receptions, 1,479 yards (17 yards per catch), and the third most receiving touchdowns at 12.

Even more important was the stats against the Raiders. In week 1 the Raiders got blown out 35-3 in Kansas City and Hill was a major reason why. The “cheetah,” as his nickname goes, had 7 targets with 5 receptions for 101 yards and a touchdown to go along with 1 rushing attempt for 15 yards and two touchdowns as he lived up to his name.

However, the Raiders calmed him down at home in week 5 with only 1 catch on 6 targets for 13 yards and 2 rushes for 37 yards (33 coming on one rush).

With the Chiefs seemingly trying to sign one of their weapons to a long term deal, Oakland needs to start building for the future at the defensive back position and pass rusher; the two are one and the same and tend to play off of each other.

The Raiders already have two first-round picks at 4 and 24, which, presumably, will be a pass rusher or a defender of some sort. However, with the interest in Antonio Brown, one of those picks may be gone (doubtful, but anything is possible. Khalil Mack is a Chicago Bear after all).

The Draft

At pick 4 Rashan Gary will hopefully be available and the Raiders desperately need a pass rush to help combat Hill getting open in the secondary by pressuring the opposing QB. Gary had a 40 time faster than Aaron Donald and Margus Hunt at 4.61.

Gary didn’t light up the stat board or become a dominant player like Clowney in college, but NFL teams and defensive coordinators are chomping at the bit to get him on their field and develop a young player like him. Gary could be the next Aaron Donald and I wouldn’t want to pass up a talent like him.

At pick 24 one can hope Greedy Willams is still on the board as he was the top prospect after the combine. However, with Gareon Conley at full health, I don’t see why he and Deandre Baker can’t make a good tandem.

Baker had a disappointing combine but so did Tom Brady – look how that turned out. Two good corners will not only help with Hill, but also with the weapons Denver and Los Angeles have.

Free Agency

Now, in my opinion, I’m not one to raid the retirement home looking for a one year wonder with fumes left in the gas tank, but Earl Thomas may be an exception. The 30-year-old free agent had a fantastic career in Seattle under Pete Carroll with the “Legion of Boom.”

Along with his astounding resume is a Super Bowl win against one of the most prolific offenses in recent history against the Broncos, and lost one against Tom Brady and the Patriots who were one play away from losing the game. He brings a veteran presence who knows what it takes to win, which is what Oakland needs right now if they want to combat a team like the Chiefs.

What makes Thomas so great is his ability to play sideline to sideline on every down, and for his short size, he’s an excellent tackler. If I had to choose between Reggie Nelson and Thomas, the clear choice is Thomas, even if it’s just for 2 years.

Jason McCourty is an older free agent as well, but what interests me is his tackling ability. He only had 1 forced fumble and 1 interception in 16 games, but he had 70 tackles with 54 of them solo. The Raiders need players on the line to focus on the pass rush and not have to worry about setting an edge and his ability to tackle can help the left end, presumably Gary if the Raiders draft him, focus on developing as a pass rusher, not a run stopper.

Not to mention, many New England players are excellently coached and have fantastic skills. McCourty has a lot of talent left in the tank and is an unrestricted free agent in 2019.

These players are just starting points for the Raiders in 2019. With double-digit draft picks in 2019 and multiple in 2020 from the Khalil Mack trade, they are poised to gain a lot of talent on their team in the next two years.

https://justblogbaby.com/2019/03/06/raiders-how-stop-tyreek-hill-2019-beyond/

Simply Red
03-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Hire hoodie.

ptlyon
03-06-2019, 04:22 PM
They got more problems than the cheetah

Red Dawg
03-06-2019, 04:25 PM
We are making an error if we break the bank on Hill. Could have a solid wr core with the money. All of it going to one guy isn't a good strategy.

Hydrae
03-06-2019, 04:29 PM
The “cheetah,” as his nickname goes, had 7 targets with 5 receptions for 101 yards and a touchdown to go along with 1 rushing attempt for 15 yards and two touchdowns as he lived up to his name.

Hill is so good he can score two touchdowns with one carry! ROFL

CasselGotPeedOn
03-06-2019, 04:30 PM

Also, apparently we played them in week 1 LMAO

Edit. It also says we played them in week 5 wtf LMAO

Coochie liquor
03-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Too bad they have Gruden picking players. Hello Kyler Murray!

chinaski
03-06-2019, 04:43 PM
"How can the Raiders stop Tyreek Hill in 2019 and beyond?"

You can't. Resistance is futile.

eDave
03-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Here comes the cheap shots.

Clyde Frog
03-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Rivalry? The 90's was nearly 20 years ago. If you call a bi-yearly ass kicking, with the occasional ref gifted win for them in the mix, a rivalry then I guess we have one with them.

Kiimo
03-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Remember that guy who removed his helmet

That's the only thing about the Browns I remember.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Article full of erreors !

Sofa King
03-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Not a great article.... but red dawgs response is even worse.

Buehler445
03-07-2019, 12:10 AM
They can fuck right the fuck off. That’s how they should deal with Hill.

TwistedChief
03-07-2019, 04:08 AM
I didn't know we played the Raiders in week 1 and week 5 last year. What in the world...............

Did RedDawg write this?

HemiEd
03-07-2019, 06:11 AM
What the fuck season is this talking about?

In week 1 the Raiders got blown out 35-3 in Kansas City and Hill was a major reason why. The “cheetah,” as his nickname goes, had 7 targets with 5 receptions for 101 yards and a touchdown to go along with 1 rushing attempt for 15 yards and two touchdowns as he lived up to his name.

However, the Raiders calmed him down at home in week 5 with only 1 catch on 6 targets for 13 yards and 2 rushes for 37 yards (33 coming on one rush).

Chiefs played and beat the Raiders in week 13 and 17.

RealSNR
03-07-2019, 07:15 AM
Raider blogsites are as embarrassing as their team

InChiefsHeaven
03-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Good lord this article is trash. They don't even know when the Raiders played the Chiefs just last season...I'm surprised they didn't mention how Alex Smith dominated them last season along with Maclin...

And yeah, Tyreek can score twice on one run...

Rain Man
03-07-2019, 08:36 AM
Their best strategy is to try to block the extra point.

Coochie liquor
03-07-2019, 10:01 AM
You just can’t stop a guy who scores 2 td’s on one run.

ChiefBlueCFC
03-07-2019, 12:37 PM
This is such a horribly written jumble of words. I expect nothing less than a bunch of Raider fans

Chief Pagan
03-07-2019, 04:12 PM
You just can’t stop a guy who scores 2 td’s on one run.

No, but if you get a really good pass rush, you can hold the guy to scoring only 1 td per run.

:harumph:

WhiteWhale
03-07-2019, 06:23 PM
We are making an error if we break the bank on Hill. Could have a solid wr core with the money. All of it going to one guy isn't a good strategy.

The response to this post has been the proper one. Only injuries (which is ALWAYS a risk for every player) could make this a mistake.

Hill is the most dominant deep threat since Randy Moss and completely alters the way defenses play KC. He's the 2nd most important player on the whole team due to the variety of ways he can get you.

dlphg9
03-07-2019, 06:41 PM
This is by far the my favorite part of the whole article:

"The Draft

At pick 4 Rashan Gary will hopefully be available and the Raiders desperately need a pass rush to help combat Hill getting open in the secondary by pressuring the opposing QB. Gary had a 40 time faster than Aaron Donald and Margus Hunt at 4.61."

What ya gotta do to stop Tyreek is get a d tackle that has a faster 40 time than Aaron Donald so he can get to the qb quick and also make sure that really fast D tackle averaged about 3 sacks a year.

So fast D tackle who sucks at rushing the passer is key to stopping Tyreek. This blogger has it figured out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2019, 12:26 AM

I don't think you understand the big picture here. Hill is one of 2 to 3 Elites that Mahomes will have at all times during his tenure as a Chief.

Right now, those positions belong to Hill and Kelce. In time, that will change.

WhiteWhale
03-08-2019, 07:17 AM
This is by far the my favorite part of the whole article:

"The Draft

At pick 4 Rashan Gary will hopefully be available and the Raiders desperately need a pass rush to help combat Hill getting open in the secondary by pressuring the opposing QB. Gary had a 40 time faster than Aaron Donald and Margus Hunt at 4.61."

What ya gotta do to stop Tyreek is get a d tackle that has a faster 40 time than Aaron Donald so he can get to the qb quick and also make sure that really fast D tackle averaged about 3 sacks a year.

So fast D tackle who sucks at rushing the passer is key to stopping Tyreek. This blogger has it figured out.

Lol.

I've never seen a Tackle run 40 yards to sack a QB in my life.

TEX
03-08-2019, 06:45 PM
They can **** right the **** off. That’s how they should deal with Hill.

:clap:

Bowser
03-08-2019, 07:09 PM
They can fuck right the fuck off. That’s how they should deal with Hill.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rv5yVl5QooE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dliihuc4DpY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROYC75
03-09-2019, 09:35 AM

I always knew that boy was special! :D