PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs place tender 3 players

RunKC
03-13-2019, 08:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs have tendered three exclusive rights free agents, per source: K Harrison Butker, WR Marcus Kemp and DT Justin Hamilton. Told a longer term extension with Butker remains a possibility.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1105822586221547522?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gotta free money up to extend Buttkicker! ROFL

chiefzilla1501
03-13-2019, 08:38 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs have tendered three exclusive rights free agents, per source: K Harrison Butker, WR Marcus Kemp and DT Justin Hamilton. Told a longer term extension with Butker remains a possibility.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1105822586221547522?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gotta free money up to extend Buttkicker! ROFL

Man, after the disaster zone we saw with Cody parkey, I say open up the bank for him. I don't know why kickers were bad but half of the teams had bad to terribad kicking this year.

tmax63
03-13-2019, 08:45 AM
People make fun of kickers but good ones are pretty damn important on a good team.

Naptown Chief
03-13-2019, 08:54 AM
People make fun of kickers but good ones are pretty damn important on a good team.

And are increasingly hard to find

YayMike
03-13-2019, 09:02 AM
Disappointing that Lucas was not listed

shammus
03-13-2019, 09:03 AM
Any word on Jordan Lucas? Was really hoping we'd find a way to keep him around....

Titty Meat
03-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Any word on Jordan Lucas? Was really hoping we'd find a way to keep him around....

Thankfully hes gone

DJ's left nut
03-13-2019, 09:10 AM
Disappointing that Lucas was not listed

The tweet only mentions the ERFA's. Then again, the Chiefs only had 2 RFA's in Lucas and Terrance Smith (who will almost certainly be non-tendered off his injury) so that may just be all they did.

Which is a mistake, IMO.

If they're letting Lucas go for effectively nothing, it sure suggests that 1 or both of Sorensen or Berry is staying.

Oxford
03-13-2019, 12:45 PM
Thankfully hes gone

He's still listed on the roster, not so sure

chiefzilla1501
03-13-2019, 12:48 PM

Im really stunned that the Jets spent a shitload of money yet decided they couldn't afford a pro bowl kicker. I'm sure that won't come back to bite them.

ModSocks
03-13-2019, 12:49 PM
How the fuck does Kemp still have a job.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2019, 12:50 PM
How the fuck does Kemp still have a job.

He's effectively free depth that knows the system and can replace Conley.

The Franchise
03-13-2019, 12:50 PM
Damn....he’s an ERFA and people are bitching?

DJ's left nut
03-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Damn....he’s an ERFA and people are bitching?

Yeah, for a solid special teamer who can step in when call upon in the offense and will cost the veterans minimum, I'm not sure what there is to complain about here.

If the draft goes well or he gets passed in camp by Pringle, we'll cut him with no harm done.

Don't see any problem here at all.

tredadda
03-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Man, after the disaster zone we saw with Cody parkey, I say open up the bank for him. I don't know why kickers were bad but half of the teams had bad to terribad kicking this year.

Never understood why good college kickers don’t always translate to the NFL. There’s no difference for the most part. The goalposts are the same height and width and the length of the field is exactly the same. It’s baffling.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Never understood why good college kickers don’t always translate to the NFL. There’s no difference for the most part. The goalposts are the same height and width and the length of the field is exactly the same. It’s baffling.

I've read articles that try to explain that and all they seem to do is explain that the phenomenon exists, but nobody can seem to explain WHY.

The best answer I've ever seen is that success in kicking comes down so much to snapping/holding. All NFL teams have good snappers/holders. Most college teams do not. The teams that do end up with kickers that look pretty good but don't 'level up' when they get to the NFL.

Meanwhile kickers that have bad holders/snappers stay under the radar until they get to the pros and start getting better kicking conditions.

Robbie Gould, for instance, hit 63% of his kicks in college. He got to the next level and with proper conditions stopped sucking.

Then there's the mind-fuck element of it. When a guy like Aguayo simply never missed in college because he had great kicking conditions, then he got to the pros and was absolutely horrid, that's because he just broke down mentally. That Justin whatshisnuts guy we drafted out of UCLA was the same way. Medlock, I think his name was. When he finally washed out of the league and went to Canada with far less pressure, he was fine.

Can't measure juevos, I guess. Well, I mean you can, but that kind of shit puts you on a sex offender registry so I'd advise against it.

Buehler445
03-13-2019, 01:18 PM
The tweet only mentions the ERFA's. Then again, the Chiefs only had 2 RFA's in Lucas and Terrance Smith (who will almost certainly be non-tendered off his injury) so that may just be all they did.

Which is a mistake, IMO.

If they're letting Lucas go for effectively nothing, it sure suggests that 1 or both of Sorensen or Berry is staying.

That makes me sad. I has the sad

Buehler445
03-13-2019, 01:26 PM
I've read articles that try to explain that and all they seem to do is explain that the phenomenon exists, but nobody can seem to explain WHY.

The best answer I've ever seen is that success in kicking comes down so much to snapping/holding. All NFL teams have good snappers/holders. Most college teams do not. The teams that do end up with kickers that look pretty good but don't 'level up' when they get to the NFL.

Meanwhile kickers that have bad holders/snappers stay under the radar until they get to the pros and start getting better kicking conditions.

Robbie Gould, for instance, hit 63% of his kicks in college. He got to the next level and with proper conditions stopped sucking.

Then there's the mind-fuck element of it. When a guy like Aguayo simply never missed in college because he had great kicking conditions, then he got to the pros and was absolutely horrid, that's because he just broke down mentally. That Justin whatshisnuts guy we drafted out of UCLA was the same way. Medlock, I think his name was. When he finally washed out of the league and went to Canada with far less pressure, he was fine.

Can't measure juevos, I guess. Well, I mean you can, but that kind of shit puts you on a sex offender registry so I'd advise against it.

I blame all the bad kickers Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards rolled through here directly on the coaching staff. Most of those guys had success in the NFL. Except Medlen from UCLA. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards fucked him royallt. Fucking Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Fuck that fucking guy.

Kman34
03-13-2019, 01:31 PM
I blame all the bad kickers Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards rolled through here directly on the coaching staff. Most of those guys had success in the NFL. Except Medlen from UCLA. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards fucked him royallt. Fucking Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Fuck that fucking guy.

ROFL

Warrick
03-13-2019, 01:50 PM
The Chiefs need Lucas for depth, they better not let him walk.

ct
03-13-2019, 01:54 PM
no jordan lucas?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Lucas is a RFA. He does not apply to this

shammus
03-14-2019, 09:14 AM
Ahhh...I guess I got my answer just now....from Roto -

Chiefs assigned an original-round tender to S Jordan Lucas.
The tender is worth $2.025 million. Lucas entered the league as a sixth-round pick by the Dolphins back is 2016, so that is what a team will owe the Chiefs if they are able to sign him away. It would be a surprise if Lucas is not back in Kansas City next season.

Simply Red
03-14-2019, 09:15 AM
JIZZ!!!

oldman
03-14-2019, 09:30 AM
I'm glad to see we've done something with Lucas. Given the limited time we saw him (thanks, Bob), I thought he was pretty solid.
On another note, given the situation at TE, I'm a little surprised to see us not tender Ellis.

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2019, 09:56 AM
I also don't understand why GMs are so unimaginative with kickers. I appreciate that about Dorsey and veach. Dorsey carried that through with Joseph who's a little scary, but he had a better season than people realized.. I seriously cannot believe someone like Blair Walsh keeps getting tryouts and gigs. I mean, Ryan pace kind of deserved that parkey miss after watching him doink kicks all season and not thinking a game managing team like them wouldn't need a kicker in key stretches.