PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Trading for CB

MightyMouse
03-21-2019, 06:34 PM
We know Patrick Peterson has had rumors surrounding him for awhile

Trae Wayne’s is a recent name that I’ve seen floating out there

Reading break downs of what it would cost
Multiple outlets have said a 1st rd pick would be a must for PP
Trae would be be similar to Eli Apple but Trae has 1 yr left on rookie deal while Eli had 2. The thinking seems to be a 3 or 4th may get it done

Chiefs don’t have a 4th and I wouldn’t be a fan of a moving this years 1st. What do you guys think.

Chief Northman
03-21-2019, 06:40 PM
I’d send the 3rd and a 6th for their 4th round pick and Waynes.

MightyMouse
03-21-2019, 06:43 PM
If he is not moved by the draft another option may be to trade down out of the first and get that pick to trade for him. I’d have to go look at the chart but I think moving down 5 or 7 or spots could get you back a 4th?

SAUTO
03-21-2019, 07:07 PM
If he is not moved by the draft another option may be to trade down out of the first and get that pick to trade for him. I’d have to go look at the chart but I think moving down 5 or 7 or spots could get you back a 4th?

Not a fan. You lose the 5th year option...

See I listen when djln talks. He's right on that.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-21-2019, 07:09 PM
I don’t think we see a trade until after the draft.

And someone like PP probably doesn’t go back on the block unless ARZ sucks again near the deadline.

MightyMouse
03-21-2019, 07:28 PM

Yea I think you only make this trade only if you think Wayne’s is a guy you sign long term and not overpay. He has been good but not worthy of big contact at this point.

At this point we have no good corner locked up. If you could get Wayne’s at 3 for 24, I wouldn’t mind that. Unless we hit a homer run in the draft, we are gonna be in the position every offseason

MightyMouse
03-21-2019, 07:33 PM
I don’t think we see a trade until after the draft.

And someone like PP probably doesn’t go back on the block unless ARZ sucks again near the deadline.

I think this would be a big mistake by the cardinals but I get it. The front offense thinks they a offense guru and think they will compete right away. I’m having a hard time seeing it. They are in a tough division and I think the playoffs are long shot. If you wait until mid season you are trading 1.5 years of him instead of two and a teams ability to have him during camp. May be hard to get that 1s round pick

TribalElder
03-21-2019, 07:53 PM
don't know why but I thought PP played safety

Dunerdr
03-21-2019, 08:05 PM
With breeland on a one year it makes little sense to me to trade for anyone on a one year that you don’t want to lock up. Or we’ll be in the exact same place next year.

In58men
03-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Trade 2nd round pick for AJ Bouye

Draft Juan Thornhill with in the 1st round

Draft Blake Cashman in the 2nd

Take TE in 3rd and rest all OL

We ride!!!

ChiefsCountry
03-21-2019, 08:32 PM

See Chris Jones for example. Should have stood put instead of trading down to get him.

Chief Northman
03-21-2019, 08:39 PM

We ride!!!

Who gets after the QB?

I like the secondary players you mention, but outside of Chris Jones we have JAG city at pass rusher.
And I don’t get the Cashman love on this board. I like his instincts, but he’s hardly a gamechanger. Not the most fluid athlete, and his competition level in college was mediocre at best. No way he’s a top 60 player in this draft.

In58men
03-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Who gets after the QB?

I like the secondary players you mention, but outside of Chris Jones we have JAG city at pass rusher.
And I don’t get the Cashman love on this board. I like his instincts, but he’s hardly a gamechanger. Not the most fluid athlete, and his competition level in college was mediocre at best. No way he’s a top 60 player in this draft.

Cashman Jones and Tanoh will get to the QB. Dirty Dan doesn’t fuck around either if given the opportunity.

What I don’t understand is the Tanoh hate, he’s going to be a ****ing beast. Mark it down my man!!

In58men
03-21-2019, 08:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/d76cf4a83bb6e4e2f93a6831370009a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

htismaqe
03-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Marquise Brown, lis franc and all?

ROFL

Evan Silva is a maroon.

htismaqe
03-21-2019, 09:07 PM

We ride!!!

No. That's terrible.

In58men
03-21-2019, 09:11 PM
Marquise Brown, lis franc and all?

ROFL

Evan Silva is a maroon.

He might know something about the Hill situation?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/98c37e609f391c93eabd7c55deb86503.jpg

In58men
03-21-2019, 09:21 PM
No. That's terrible.

Wrong!!!

Titty Meat
03-21-2019, 09:33 PM
Not gonna happen

Buckweath
03-21-2019, 09:38 PM
Unless the draft really didnt fall for any CB early, it doesn't make any sense to trade for Waynes. You literally could have had the same quality CB without trading any pick on the FA market.

I mean, unless you think the guy has a bright future, meaning his best years are ahead of him.

It all depends on the draft but a trade that would make sense to me is trading 2020 picks for PP or trading a low pick for a veteran CB who has a year or two left in his prime, like Rhodes maybe.

RunKC
03-21-2019, 09:49 PM
If we took a receiver in the first rd, it would totally be Hakeem Butler.

htismaqe
03-21-2019, 11:17 PM
He might know something about the Hill situation?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/98c37e609f391c93eabd7c55deb86503.jpg

Marquise Brown broke his foot. Lis franc. He ain't going in the 1st round anymore most likely - he's certainly not going to the Chiefs.

Chris Meck
03-22-2019, 10:25 AM

We ride!!!

You could literally take your first round pick card, light it on fire before you hand it in, whip it out and piss on it in front of Goodell to put it out and still get that draft.

htismaqe
03-22-2019, 10:26 AM
You could literally take your first round pick card, light it on fire before you hand it in, whip it out and piss on it in front of Goodell to put it out and still get that draft.

ROFL

Chris Meck
03-22-2019, 10:29 AM
I doubt there's another CB move in free agency. We've added one quality vet, and have two guys we like. A draftee in the first two rounds is pretty solid and there aren't many teams in better shape as long as we draft well.

We added HB at safety; we have Lucas that we're okay with and Watts that we like though the sample size is small. I personally hate Sorensen, but maybe Spags doesn't. so I think we're done there in FA. I expect a draftee in rounds 1 or 2.

We've added a LB; at least an average-ish player that fits the scheme. We still need depth and since LB is a spot where you can get FA value I think we'll nab another guy or two. Also possible is a draftee.

D-line- I expect a DE in rounds 1 or 2.

In58men
03-22-2019, 10:31 AM

You’re insane!!!

Why all the hate brotha? Thornhill is a fucking beast

58-4ever
03-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Interesting concept. I'd rather us trade for another D-Lineman if possible. Then, the draft probably nets us an EDGE, Safety, LB, CB, RB, WR, and O-Line?

whatcha think?

Chris Meck
03-22-2019, 10:32 AM
You’re insane!!!

Why all the hate brotha? Thornhill is a ****ing beast

I like Thornhill too, but he ain't going in the first.

that's like throwing away your first round pick.

*also, not hating, just good natured 'giving you the business'

:)

htismaqe
03-22-2019, 10:33 AM
If they're going to make a trade now, it has to be for a CB. That's the one position where they literally don't have enough warm bodies to field a team.

I don't see them doing much of anything between now and the draft.

htismaqe
03-22-2019, 10:34 AM
Not sure why everybody is so obsessed with Blake Cashman all of the sudden. He's not worth a 2nd round pick.

Chris Meck
03-22-2019, 10:37 AM
If they're going to make a trade now, it has to be for a CB. That's the one position where they literally don't have enough warm bodies to field a team.

I don't see them doing much of anything between now and the draft.

a trade is possible, FA unlikely for monetary reasons.

I kind of think we might see a LB signing, either trade or FA as the value can still be there for an off-ball LB.

at CB, I think you might see Reaser and/or Bausby in camp. Both playing well in the new league, still young, still some upside and as your 4th or 5th CB's not a bad room. All of this assumes that Tremon Smith, your second fastest Chief just can't play CB, which I think is not a final conclusion.

If you've got 3 CB's you like, I mean-how many teams can really say that? I DO expect an early pick; either 1st or one of the two 2nd's.