PDA

View Full Version : Poop Which traded receiver will have a meltdown first?

TribalElder
04-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Who will be the first to meltdown

AB

or

OBJ

:hmmm:

Dayze
04-02-2019, 11:10 AM
AB

easily

TribalElder
04-02-2019, 11:12 AM
AB

easily

I think so too, OBJ has a few "friends" around to keep him in check

AB thinks he is going to have Carr for a QB but he might get stuck with a rookie ROFL

Buehler445
04-02-2019, 11:17 AM

AB thinks he is going to have Carr for a QB but he might get stuck with a rookie ROFL

Yeah. About the 6th time in a game AB runs free doesn’t he field and Carr checks down its going to be on like donkey Kong.

Angry fan
04-02-2019, 11:35 AM
**** me! This is one of the toughest choices ever! How do you choose? They're both equally likely to meltdown!:eek:

I'll go with Odell Beckham Jr because clearly Steelers players don't get equal treatment and Ben "I rape girls and get away with it" Roethlisberger is treated like royalty there.

Rain Man
04-02-2019, 12:01 PM
OBJ has a quarterback who will delay his meltdown for a little bit. AB is about to discover that life in the real world is different when your team doesn't get the royal treatment by the refs.

alpha_omega
04-02-2019, 12:05 PM
AB

Jerok
04-02-2019, 12:35 PM
**** me! This is one of the toughest choices ever! How do you choose? They're both equally likely to meltdown!:eek:

I'll go with Odell Beckham Jr because clearly Steelers players don't get equal treatment and Ben "I rape girls and get away with it" Roethlisberger is treated like royalty there.

What are you smoking?. Do you know what team OBJ pays for? Or were you thinking of Antonio Brown being a Steelers player still?

loochy
04-02-2019, 12:36 PM
It'll be AB for sure. OBJ is in a much better situation up there. AB is walking into a complete mess.

Kiimo
04-02-2019, 12:37 PM
OBJ is playing with one of his best friends, great running backs and a very promising young and accurate QB in front of a frothing, hungry fanbase.

He won't melt down at all in my opinion.

Brown, on the other hand, wow. Hold on to your butts.

lawrenceRaider
04-02-2019, 12:38 PM

Who are OBJ's friends in Cleveland? He's been a bigger whiner than AB so I suppose y'all are allowing your Raider bias to effect your voting.

loochy
04-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Who are OBJ's friends in Cleveland? He's been a bigger whiner than AB so I suppose y'all are allowing your Raider bias to effect your voting.

Not bias, knowledge. Remember, Cleveland won't be terrible this year.

Stryker
04-02-2019, 12:43 PM

Uh Jarvis Landry LSU teammate from 2011 - 2013.

big nasty kcnut
04-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Brown will melt down so fast he'll be a puddle.

Kiimo
04-02-2019, 12:58 PM

Um, seriously?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nike has released an awesome new commercial featuring Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry. <br><br>&quot;Shared Dream&quot;<a href="https://t.co/1wYbkmMcGk">pic.twitter.com/1wYbkmMcGk</a></p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1112786340314320899?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 1, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Lee
04-02-2019, 01:26 PM
AB won't even make it to the first preseason game, he we will have an epic meltdown in training camp.

Angry fan
04-02-2019, 01:39 PM
What are you smoking?. Do you know what team OBJ pays for? Or were you thinking of Antonio Brown being a Steelers player still?

With AB out of that inequality mess I feel like AB might not go crazy until the second season with Captain Checkdown.

OBJ' has always been a crazy nut. So I have a feeling OBJ melts down first, but maybe Landry keeps in check? That's why it's a tough one! My hunch is OBJ.

ThaVirus
04-02-2019, 02:14 PM

Why put friend in quotations? Beckham and Landry have been besties since high school.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-02-2019, 02:38 PM
AB will break Derek Carr.

Angry fan
04-02-2019, 02:53 PM
AB will break Derek Carr.

Too late, Derek Carr has already been broken.

JakeF
04-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Cleveland has a decent Offensive Coordinator, decent QB and solid receiving options. They have a shallow guy in Landry and TE Njokou to pull the defense up and allow OBJ to go deep. The entire Brown's team might meltdown but I think Beckham still gets his touches. I doubt it will be worse than the Giants recently.

When Carr doesn't hold the ball forever for AB he is going to learn pretty quickly how Ben benefitted his career.

Megatron96
04-02-2019, 03:24 PM
AB without question. Carr’s ability to throw accurately downfield is no better (perhaps worse) than Eli means that AB still won’t be rewarded with big plays and he’ll go postal in week 3.

sedated
04-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Brown forced his way out of PIT when he had a HOF QB, now is playing with Derek Carr on a team without a home.

OBJ used to have drool-boy Manning throwing him dead ducks, now gets to be on a team with one of the bright young QBs in the league.

Not really a tough guess.

kysirsoze
04-02-2019, 03:37 PM
OBJ was quiet last year while suffering through some of the worst QB play in the league and being overshadowed by a new younger ascending superstar. His worst meltdowns have never come close to rivaling the shit AB did last season. I think both WRs will have at least a year of holding it together, but there is very little to suggest the OBJ will be a problem. That guy gets WAY too much hate for what he's actually done. If he was anywhere but NY he wouldn't have half of his bad rep.

MeaTy The Pimp
04-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Even though logically it will probably be AB, I can't help but thinking that it will be OBJ that shows his ass before too long. I don't think he has enough character to keep himself in check.

In58men
04-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Even though logically it will probably be AB, I can't help but thinking that it will be OBJ that shows his ass before too long. I don't think he has enough character to keep himself in check.

Especially during prime time games.

Rasputin
04-05-2019, 11:58 AM
First it will start with hubcaps then AB will be hijacking cars.

It's a Raider life after all.

dlphg9
04-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Easily Brown, that dude was whining when he was having all pro years and Big Rapist throwing him the ball. Just imagine the bitching that will come when hes losing 10+ games a year, having 600 yd seasons and to top it off the guy throwing him the ball is crying in the locker room and has eye liner running down his cheeks. AB gonna freak with in 6 games.

kysirsoze
04-05-2019, 03:16 PM

Again, he did all last year in a terrible situation. And character? So he got in some scuffles with Norman and got upset on the sidelines. He was immature. No reason to think he hasn't grown up a bit. Anything is possible, but I just don't understand all the hate.

NumbersGal0906
04-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Who will be the first to meltdown

AB

or

OBJ

:hmmm:

I am confused....Hasn’t AB’s already started?

MeaTy The Pimp
04-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Again, he did all last year in a terrible situation. And character? So he got in some scuffles with Norman and got upset on the sidelines. He was immature. No reason to think he hasn't grown up a bit. Anything is possible, but I just don't understand all the hate.

I don't hate OBJ in the slightest, I think he is a very talented player, but I do think he still has some more growing to do. Maybe getting out of New York will help him in the character department. I don't know, but of the two, I think that OBJ blows a gasket before AB. Maybe I am wrong, but just my opinion.

mlyonsd
04-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Easily Brown, that dude was whining when he was having all pro years and Big Rapist throwing him the ball. Just imagine the bitching that will come when hes losing 10+ games a year, having 600 yd seasons and to top it off the guy throwing him the ball is crying in the locker room and has eye liner running down his cheeks. AB gonna freak with in 6 games.

QFT

displacedinMN
04-07-2019, 02:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Smith-Schuster rips Brown after bizarre tweetstorm <a href="https://t.co/kdqwvQlP7G">https://t.co/kdqwvQlP7G</a></p>&mdash; MSN (@MSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MSN/status/1114986761019580416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like Brown

Who had April 7.

Antonio Brown trade thread blowing up

Kiimo
04-08-2019, 01:26 PM
So who had Antonio Brown on April 8? Because that tweet started it but the meltdown is happening now.

Simply Red
04-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Dude is a fucking tool.

Buehler445
04-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Goddamn. ROFL

Buehler445
04-08-2019, 02:54 PM
I wonder what Gruden is thinking right now?

Angry fan
04-08-2019, 06:08 PM
I love how Antonio is trashing the Steelers. Business is boomin' baby!:)

TribalElder
04-09-2019, 12:24 PM
LMAO

AB airing out old DM's

Steelers living up in his head, he is gonna be the jilted girlfriend. Seems like this guy already melted down ROFL

lawrenceRaider
04-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Well, AB is looning out for sure. OBJ went dark for a couple days when his trade happened, came back talking about having to get his head right, so didn't that count as the first meltdown?

Kiimo
04-09-2019, 02:16 PM
I think it's more detoxing from living in NYC under those lights. I fully expect OBJ to be much more stable in the midwest.

TribalElder
04-09-2019, 02:22 PM
I guess we should wait until the season starts to kick off the timer countdown to meltdown ROFL

kysirsoze
04-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Well, AB is looning out for sure. OBJ went dark for a couple days when his trade happened, came back talking about having to get his head right, so didn't that count as the first meltdown?

Went dark? Meaning he stepped away from social media and when asked about it he said he was getting "his head right"? No. What you're describing is the opposite of a meltdown. Nice try, though.

ModSocks
04-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Antonio Brown vows to stop giving “media fakes” ammunition

osted by Michael David Smith on April 9, 2019, 3:41 PM EDT

Getty Images
Antonio Brown seems to realize he’s losing the battle of social media. So now he’s in retreat.

After he was widely criticized for an Instagram post about former teammate JuJu Smith-Schuster, Brown deleted the post. Now he’s taken to Twitter to castigate the media for giving him the attention he seeks.

“Not giving you media fakes no more ammo,” Brown wrote. “enjoy my name AB !!! I am in Cali living ready to ball no nonsense !! You trollers troll! To good to worry #CallGod”

But the media didn’t fake anything about Brown. All the media did was repeat what Brown himself had posted on social media. That Brown got a negative reaction to those posts is a reflection on the way Brown is portraying himself, not the way the media is portraying him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/09/antonio-brown-vows-to-stop-giving-media-fakes-ammunition/

Hilarious that everytime shit goes south for these athletes they pull the "God" card.

kysirsoze
04-09-2019, 02:33 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/09/antonio-brown-vows-to-stop-giving-media-fakes-ammunition/

Hilarious that everytime shit goes south for these athletes they pull the "God" card.

Not to mention calling the media fake for accurately reporting what he said/posted. Who would do that???

stumppy
04-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Not to mention calling the media fake for accurately reporting what he said/posted. Who would do that???

ROFL

Thanks asshole, I spit pepsi all over my screen.:D

TribalElder
08-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Well, looks like AB is the winner here ROFL

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/report-antonio-brown-wont-play-football-again-if-he-doesnt-get-to-wear-his-helmet-of-choice/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/will-raiders-send-antonio-brown-the-dreaded-five-day-letter/

chinaski
08-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Brown is a Diva

bigjosh
08-09-2019, 03:19 PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/report-antonio-brown-wont-play-football-again-if-he-doesnt-get-to-wear-his-helmet-of-choice/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/will-raiders-send-antonio-brown-the-dreaded-five-day-letter/

SHIT!! you got me to click on a florio article you dick.

TinyEvel
08-09-2019, 03:19 PM
"At a time when the NFL seems to be willing to do whatever it has to do to ensure that highly-talented football players are available to play football, maybe the NFL will find a way to let Brown do what he wants, if he truly is serious about not playing football."

Might this be a side dig against Hill and the "He Good" decision?

Hoover
08-09-2019, 03:21 PM
OBJ is a great slant WR, and that's Mayfields bread and butter. I'm not sure Carr can utilize Browns skill set.

Bump
08-09-2019, 03:27 PM

So why can't he just wear the same type of helmet that wore in Pittsburgh? He says the ones the Raiders are offering him protrude out and interfere with his vision. So why would it be a problem to get the same make of helmet? contracts with the helmet makers? Surely they could make one specifically designed for him, right? I just don't get what's the problem there.

tyreekthefreak
08-09-2019, 03:40 PM
So why can't he just wear the same type of helmet that wore in Pittsburgh? He says the ones the Raiders are offering him protrude out and interfere with his vision. So why would it be a problem to get the same make of helmet? contracts with the helmet makers? Surely they could make one specifically designed for him, right? I just don't get what's the problem there.

They say if over 10 years old the helmut must go. It's a league rule.

TribalElder
08-09-2019, 03:46 PM
As I remember Brady hated the new helmets too

Sorry about PFT article I forgot about that fucker

Bump
08-09-2019, 03:49 PM
They say if over 10 years old the helmut must go. It's a league rule.

oh ok

Bowser
08-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Antonio Brown's feet were certainly the first to melt down, amirite?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/cD7PLGE1KWOhG" width="480" height="266" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/ben-tattoo-giant-cD7PLGE1KWOhG">via GIPHY</a></p>

Rain Man
08-09-2019, 06:16 PM
As I remember Brady hated the new helmets too

Sorry about PFT article I forgot about that fucker

If that's the case, then they should enforce the rule to use them.

stumppy
08-09-2019, 06:31 PM
LMFAO

This is great. Hell, Incognito probably thinks AB's crazy.

KChiefs1
08-09-2019, 08:39 PM
"At a time when the NFL seems to be willing to do whatever it has to do to ensure that highly-talented football players are available to play football, maybe the NFL will find a way to let Brown do what he wants, if he truly is serious about not playing football."

Might this be a side dig against Hill and the "He Good" decision?

It wasn’t very subtle either.

TomBarndtsTwin
08-09-2019, 10:12 PM
AB won't even make it to the first preseason game, he we will have an epic meltdown in training camp.

Prophetic. :clap:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
08-09-2019, 10:29 PM
Brady, Rodgers and Brown wore the old helmets last year. They were told they would be grandfathered in and the NFLPA agreed to it. Brady and Rodgers have changed helmets however Brownis acting like a dipshit when he knew this was coming

dlphg9
08-09-2019, 11:11 PM
I knew it'd be AB, but good lord who would have guessed he'd be bitching about his helmet. I hope AB plays, so much everyone can see he was a product of Rothelisberger.

old_geezer
08-10-2019, 06:59 AM
Brady, Rodgers and Brown wore the old helmets last year. They were told they would be grandfathered in and the NFLPA agreed to it. Brady and Rodgers have changed helmets however Brownis acting like a dipshit when he knew this was coming

If this is true then it seems Brown has a legitimate complaint. :shrug:

Easy 6
08-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Chuckie and Mayock should've known better, Brown was never going to a cellar dweller team and behaving himself... it was difficult enough for a winning franchise to handle him

That regime has done nothing but fuck up since showing up, lulz

LoneWolf
08-10-2019, 12:29 PM

They were grandfathered in for one season and everyone knew they would have to change to a different helmet this season. Brown doesn’t have a legitimate complaint.

Boon
08-10-2019, 12:40 PM
AB and Gruden?
That is a cocktail of poison.

Megatron96
08-10-2019, 01:17 PM
AB won't play if he can't wear his old helmet? What, is this a "magic helmet?" Are we to believe that AB's old helmet has some special property that gives him extraordinary powers to be a better receiver? Are we to believe that his grits cook faster on his stove than anywhere else in the grit-eating world?

What is he, 12 years old?

I think we have to start asking ourselves if AB is suffering from either the side-effects of some mind-altering drug(s), or CTE.

Bump
08-10-2019, 01:22 PM
It would be so epic if he does retire. The Raiders already gave up what they gave up for him or is there any sort of clause that would say he has to not retire or the trade is void or anything like that?

old_geezer
08-10-2019, 01:25 PM
They were grandfathered in for one season and everyone knew they would have to change to a different helmet this season. Brown doesn’t have a legitimate complaint.

I evidently missed the "one season" part. Oh well, as Roseanne Rosannadanna would say, "Never mind". :D

TinyEvel
08-10-2019, 10:42 PM
I evidently missed the "one season" part. Oh well, as Roseanne Rosannadanna would say, "Never mind". :D

That was Emily Latella......bitch.

JakeF
08-10-2019, 11:25 PM
Mayock should have known better than to sign AB. He better have included some serious protection in AB's contract for the team in case Brown does bolt or freaks out.

RINGLEADER
08-11-2019, 12:30 AM

According to Peter King the grandfathering in was limited and expired this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAyxHCPuhRY

Hammock Parties
08-11-2019, 12:33 AM
Roethlisberger was the alpha in Pittsburgh. He was the only thing that kept Brown in check most of the time.

Carr is a pussy, Gruden probably doesn't even want Brown.

AB is going to tear that locker room apart when Carr starts fucking up.

old_geezer
08-11-2019, 06:24 AM
That was Emily Latella......bitch.

Oh well, never mind. :D