PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kiper and McShay’s 2019 Two-Round Mock Draft

Iconic
04-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Full Round 1:

1. Arizona Cardinals

Kiper: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
Arizona is putting up smokescreens, but I'm not changing here. Murray is a perfect fit for what coach Kliff Kingsbury wants to do.

McShay: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
It's been a month since the combine, and I still can't find anyone close to the situation saying Arizona prefers keeping Josh Rosen over taking Murray here. Remember, though: This is lying season. Murray's explosive athleticism would spark this docile offense.

2. San Francisco 49ers

Kiper: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
The best pass-rusher in this class is a near lock to go in the first two picks. Could a team trade up to No. 2 to try to get him?

McShay: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
If Bosa is still in fact available, expect the Niners to either jump on the elite edge rusher or trade down, a possible scenario now that Dee Ford is in town.

3. New York Jets

Kiper: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
Even after splashing cash in free agency, the Jets have a hole at edge rusher. Allen would help immediately.

McShay: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
Watch for the Jets to trade back with a team in search of a quarterback. That's what I'd do here, if possible. If they don't, it's a tougher call, but Allen fits this defense.

4. Oakland Raiders

Kiper: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
Williams is the type of defensive playmaker Jon Gruden loves, and you have to think the Raiders coach would be thrilled if he made it to No. 4.

McShay: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
Could the Raiders think about a quarterback here? Gruden got to see Drew Lock up close at the Senior Bowl. But let's not forget that this team badly needs defensive-line help. Williams had 19.5 tackles for loss and eight sacks last season.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kiper: Devin White, ILB, LSU
I'm beginning to think you're copying me, Todd. ... White could be a replacement for Kwon Alexander, who joined San Francisco in free agency. Defensive end is another position to watch here.

McShay: Devin White, ILB, LSU
Yeah, I agree with Mel. White would be a great fit as the Bucs' defensive quarterback. His high-end instincts and speed helped him to 123 tackles in 2018.

6. New York Giants

Kiper: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
I'm sticking with Haskins to the Giants, even though they have a gaping void in their edge rush. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't take a quarterback in Round 1, though.

McShay: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
This is a tough call, but you just have to think the Giants take a quarterback here. They do need pass-rushers, but I don't see them opting for Montez Sweat or Rashan Gary over taking care of their No. 1 problem.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

Kiper: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
Jacksonville's biggest need? Right tackle. The best right tackle in this draft? Taylor. Perfect fit.

McShay: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
Seeing eye-to-eye through seven picks! Have to love that, Mel. Stick Taylor at right tackle to protect Nick Foles and block for the Leonard Fournette ground game.

8. Detroit Lions

Kiper: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State
Yes, the Lions added Trey Flowers in free agency, but Sweat would give them a second top-tier defensive end in one offseason.

McShay: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
I do like the idea of plugging Sweat into the Ezekiel Ansah edge role, but Hockenson's talent is off the charts. Let's get Matthew Stafford a weapon in the passing game.

9. Buffalo Bills

Kiper: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
Oliver is a top-10 prospect on my board, and I don't think he will drop past Buffalo at No. 9. Remember: Kyle Williams retired after the 2018 season.

McShay: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
Gary's athleticism would help fill a big need off the edge. I could also see the Bills taking a tackle or cornerback here.

10. Denver Broncos

Kiper: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
We know Joe Flacco loves throwing to tight ends, and Hockenson would give him a true No. 1 tight end to target.

McShay: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
I don't love this pairing, but I also don't think Flacco is the long-term quarterback answer. If Lock is already off the board, pass-catcher or defensive line makes the most sense for John Elway at No. 10.

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Kiper: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
The Bengals aren't tied long term to Andy Dalton, who is signed through 2020 but has no more guaranteed money on his contract. Taking Lock here would give new coach Zac Taylor a young quarterback to mold for the future.

McShay: Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
Quarterback is definitely an option, but the Bengals badly want to restock the linebacker corps. Vontaze Burfict is gone, and Bush's range and leadership would fill the void.

12. Green Bay Packers

Kiper: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
The Packers focused on improving their defense in free agency, and they could use their two first-round picks in this draft on offense. Metcalf has the potential to become Aaron Rodgers' No. 1 target.

McShay: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
Despite the free-agency aggressiveness, the Packers still have to get help for Rodgers. T.J. Hockenson probably won't be available, and Noah Fant is a bit of a reach. Metcalf is a physical specimen.

13. Miami Dolphins

Kiper: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
You have to think the Dolphins, who are undergoing a serious rebuild, would be thrilled to get a high-ceiling pass-rusher like Gary here.

McShay: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
In this scenario, the top quarterbacks are gone. Don't overthink it; take the best available player. That's Oliver.

14. Atlanta Falcons

Kiper: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
This could be a spot for a defensive back, too, but I like the fit of Wilkins next to Grady Jarrett.

McShay: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State
If Ed Oliver is available, he'd fit in nicely, especially with Jarrett back on the franchise tag. But while there's still untapped potential in Vic Beasley Jr. and Takkarist McKinley, Atlanta would value Sweat's speed and pass-rush ability.

15. Washington Redskins

Kiper: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
Surprised? Don't be. The Redskins need to find a quarterback of the future, and there are several teams who like Jones. In Washington, he would be given time to adjust to the NFL while Case Keenum starts in 2019.

McShay: Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State
Washington could trade for Josh Rosen, which would remedy the quarterback concerns. Burns is a unique talent with upside, and while he played defensive end for the Seminoles, he could make the move to stand-up edge rusher.

16. Carolina Panthers

Kiper: Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State
I expect Carolina to go with the best available edge rusher here. The Panthers had just 35 sacks last season, which ranked 27th in the league.

McShay: Jonah Williams, OT/G, Alabama
Edge rushing and cornerback are the biggest issues. But Williams is a value pick here, and after the Panthers already added Matt Paradis, he further upgrades that line.

17. New York Giants (from Cleveland Browns)

Kiper: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
I gave New York a quarterback at No. 6, which means it has to address its pass rush with its other first-round pick. Ferrell is a prototypical 4-3 defensive end.

McShay: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
Big Blue undoubtedly needs edge guys, but that whole line is really in shambles. The versatile Wilkins would be a good start in rebuilding the unit.

18. Minnesota Vikings

Kiper: Jonah Williams, OT/G, Alabama
It doesn't matter if Williams ends up at guard or tackle -- he'd help Minnesota at either spot.

McShay: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College
I would have liked a defensive tackle here to replace Sheldon Richardson, but Ed Oliver and Christian Wilkins are off the board. The Vikes added Josh Kline but still need help protecting the quarterback.

19. Tennessee Titans

Kiper: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
Lawrence needs to go to a team that plays a 3-4 defense -- he's the best nose tackle in the class -- and this is right about where I expect him to get picked.

McShay: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
This might be a little early for Brown, but he's the best receiver in the class -- when healthy. A trio of Brown, Corey Davis and Adam Humphries looks pretty good.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Kiper: Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
Pittsburgh brought in Mark Barron in free agency, but he shouldn't be a lock to start. Bush is a playmaker and every-down linebacker.

McShay: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
The Steelers would love an edge rusher or a guy like Bush here, but there just aren't solid options at No. 20. Williams' length and speed ought to help him overcome his lower-end tackling skills.

21. Seattle Seahawks

Kiper: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College
After moving from tackle to guard last season, Lindstrom had a rock-solid 2018. He's my top-ranked guard.

McShay: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
There are off-field issues, and he's recovering from a torn ACL, but Simmons is a high-end talent. I wouldn't discount Seattle looking at a tone-setter safety like Johnathan Abram here to fill the Earl Thomas void, however.

22. Baltimore Ravens

Kiper: Erik McCoy, C/G, Texas A&M
Baltimore could go defensive line here, but McCoy would be an immediate starter along the interior offensive line.

McShay: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State
Edge rusher Clelin Ferrell would make sense, too, but Bradbury is a pro-ready center who excels both in pass protection and run blocking.

23. Houston Texans

Kiper: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
Let's get some protection for Deshaun Watson, who was sacked a league-high 62 times last season. Dillard could play left or right tackle.

McShay: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
This is a no-brainer. You just can't have your franchise quarterback taking that many sacks.

24. Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears)

Kiper: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
Oakland needs a No. 1 back, and Jacobs is the most -- and most versatile -- RB in this class.

McShay: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
The Raiders need a lot of things, but they neeeed a corner. Murphy's ball skills would be welcomed with open arms.

25. Philadelphia Eagles

Kiper: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
Time to start thinking about a Malcolm Jenkins replacement? He's 31. Abram is my No. 1-ranked safety.

McShay: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
Philly gets a super-instinctive cornerback here for a defense that was No. 30 in passing yards per game last season.

26. Indianapolis Colts

Kiper: Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
Like several teams, the Colts could also add a defensive linemen here, but Andrew Luck could use more weapons, too. McLaurin is a big-play threat.

McShay: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
Still hanging around late in the first, Ferrell slides in as a great fit at end in the Colts' 4-3. Indy can still get a receiver early in Round 2.

27. Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys)

Kiper: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
The cornerback spot opposite Gareon Conley is wide open. There could be a run on corners at the end of Round 1.

McShay: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
It took three extra picks, but I also have Jacobs heading to the Bay. He hits holes hard and would pair nicely with Isaiah Crowell in a revamped run game.

28. Los Angeles Chargers

Kiper: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
The Chargers like slot corner Desmond King, but the other spot opposite Casey Hayward could be upgraded with Ya-Sin.

McShay: Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma
I'd like to get the Bolts someone in the middle of that defensive line, but the offensive side is equally in need. Ford, who played both guard and tackle at OU, has some versatility.

29. Kansas City Chiefs

Kiper: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
If an edge rusher falls, Kansas City could pounce at No. 29. But Williams could be a steal this late in Round 1.

McShay: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
Abram closes like a heat-seeking missile. I love his approach to the position. With or without Eric Berry, he immediately improves the secondary from the back end.

30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints)

Kiper: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
Yes, that's a wide receiver and tight end for the Packers, who need to maximize the later years of Aaron Rodgers' career.

McShay: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
Remember when I said Fant would be a bit of a reach for Green Bay at No. 12? Well, lucky for Packers fans, he's still here at No. 30.

31. Los Angeles Rams

Kiper: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State
I thought about cornerback here, but Bradbury could replace John Sullivan in the middle of the offensive line.

McShay: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
A 342-pound run-stopper with 5.05 speed ought to replace Ndamukong Suh nicely alongside Aaron Donald.

32. New England Patriots

Kiper: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
Bill Belichick could address the front seven, but I like Smith here as a potential Gronk replacement.

McShay: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
The Pats have 12 picks, and history suggests they'll wait until Day 2 to get their future quarterback project. I agree with Mel here -- Smith is a matchup nightmare.

Full round 2:

33. Arizona Cardinals

Kiper: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
If I'm giving Kyler Murray to the Cardinals at No. 1, I can get them his favorite receiver at the top of Round 2.

McShay: Erik McCoy, C/G, Texas A&M
When you have a 5-foot-10 quarterback like Murray, you'd better protect him.

34. Indianapolis Colts (from New York Jets)

Kiper: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
Murphy, who had seven interceptions in two college seasons, could sneak into Round 1.

McShay: A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
Brown in the slot with T.Y. Hilton and Devin Funchess outside and Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle at tight end? Andrew Luck will be excited.

35. Oakland Raiders

Kiper: Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech
Let's recap the Raiders' four picks in the top 35: a dominant defensive tackle at No. 4; the draft's best running back at No. 24; a starting corner at No. 27; and the NCAA's career sacks leader (45) at No. 35.

McShay: L.J. Collier, DE, TCU
These guys are picking again? Let's address the edge now with Collier after a significant first round.

36. San Francisco 49ers

Kiper: A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
We already know San Francisco was in the Antonio Brown/Odell Beckham Jr. trade sweepstakes. A.J. Brown has the potential to be a No. 1 receiver.

McShay: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington
Receiver is certainly something to watch, but man, the Niners could use Rapp's coverage instincts in a weak safety unit.

37. New York Giants

Kiper: Cody Ford, G/OT, Oklahoma
This could be the best-case scenario for the Giants, who can stick Ford at right tackle, where he would be a mauler in the run game.

McShay: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
Ya-Sin would likely start right away opposite Janoris Jenkins for an extremely shallow cornerback group.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars

Kiper: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington
If Jacksonville adds an offensive lineman in the first round, safety is the next need I have on my list. Rapp is good against the run and might be better playing closer to the line of scrimmage.

McShay: N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
The Jags already have good potential at wide receiver, but Harry's size-speed combination would be an asset for Nick Foles.

39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kiper: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
Simmons tore his ACL last month, but he's still a top-15 prospect on my board. Tampa could also target a guard here.

McShay: Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
Tampa Bay surrendered 31 plays of 30-plus yards in 2018, the second-highest total in the league. Adderley helps on the back end.

40. Buffalo Bills

Kiper: N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
The Bills signed receivers John Brown and Cole Beasley in free agency, but neither is a No. 1 wideout. Harry could be. He'll help second-year quarterback Josh Allen immediately.

McShay: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State
Mitch Morse was a solid signing at center, but the line tasked with keeping Allen clean still needs some work.

41. Denver Broncos

Kiper: Dalton Risner, OT/G, Kansas State
Denver lost Billy Turner in free agency, and there's a hole on the right side of the offensive line. Enter Risner, who impressed at the Senior Bowl.

McShay: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
I like how Denver has started to rebuild the receiving behind Emmanuel Sanders with DaeSean Hamilton and Courtland Sutton, but Samuel is electric with the ball in his hands. He would be welcomed by Joe Flacco, Drew Lock and the Broncos.

42. Cincinnati Bengals

Kiper: Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
If the Bengals don't go linebacker at No. 11, they could grab one here. Wilson, my third-ranked inside 'backer, had some coverage skills; he six interceptions over the past two seasons.

McShay: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
McGary is a great run-blocker, which should help Joe Mixon find holes.

43. Detroit Lions

Kiper: Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
Let's make this an all-defensive first two rounds for Detroit, which can get the converted wideout Layne here.

McShay: Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech
The Lions didn't get an edge rusher in Round 1, so I'll give them this highly productive defensive end -- he had 45 sacks in his career -- to chase quarterbacks.

44. Green Bay Packers

Kiper: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
Bryan Bulaga, who has missed 13 games over the past two seasons, is a free agent in 2020. Could the Packers look to the future at right tackle?

McShay: Darnell Savage Jr., S, Maryland
Green Bay signed Adrian Amos, but Savage has some real speed and could immediately play in the safety rotation.

45. Atlanta Falcons

Kiper: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
The Falcons expect second-year corner Isaiah Oliver to start in 2019, but they need depth options. Mullen had an up-and-down season for the national champs, but he has a high ceiling.

McShay: Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
Dropping Tillery in the middle of a line that includes Grady Jarrett, Takkarist McKinley, Vic Beasley Jr. and, following the first round, Montez Sweat would go a long way toward improving a bottom-five run defense.

46. Washington Redskins

Kiper: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
After letting Jamison Crowder walk in free agency, the Redskins didn't fill his spot in free agency. Campbell, who ran a 4.31-second 40-yard dash at the combine, could play inside or outside.

McShay: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
We're in agreement here. A real burner, Campbell could finally be the receiving talent that Washington has long been looking for.

47. Carolina Panthers

Kiper: Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame
Boykin is a big riser after the combine, where he ran a 4.42-second 40 at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds. He could be a replacement for Devin Funchess, who left in free agency.

McShay: Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
Only seven teams allowed a higher completion percentage than the Panthers (66.7) in 2018. Layne is a big corner with ball skills.

48. Miami Dolphins

Kiper: Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
After playing both corner and safety for the Cavaliers, Thornhill had a strong combine, running a 4.42-second 40 with a 44-inch vertical. He had 13 interceptions over the past three seasons.

McShay: Ryan Finley, QB, NC State
The Dolphins weren't able to get one of the top three guys in the first, and there's a solid chance they wait until the 2020 draft to address the quarterback position. This doesn't change their long-term plan, but Finley's touch and delivery quickness could make him a future starter.

49. Cleveland Browns

Kiper: Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
The Browns have yet to replace Jabrill Peppers, who was included in the Odell Beckham Jr. trade last month. Adderley is a deep safety with stellar ball skills.

McShay: Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
This offense has weapons, but every good offense still has to have protection. Let's give Baker Mayfield time to scramble and make plays.

50. Minnesota Vikings

Kiper: Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
After undergoing shoulder surgery last month to fix a torn labrum that bothered him in 2018, Tillery could drop to the end of Round 2. He'd be a solid fit in a loaded Minnesota front seven.

McShay: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
Mike Zimmer loves to mold his defensive backs into impact players. And with Xavier Rhodes entering his age-29 season, Trae Waynes hitting free agency in 2020 and the uncertainty of how Mike Hughes will return from a torn ACL, cornerback is a bigger need than immediately meets the eye.

51. Tennessee Titans

Kiper: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
Samuel impressed at the Senior Bowl and had a good combine workout, but he had injury issues in college. The Titans need more playmakers for Marcus Mariota, even after adding Adam Humphries.

McShay: Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
Jones' high motor would be a strong complement to Jurrell Casey inside. He excels as a 3-technique tackle.

52. Pittsburgh Steelers

Kiper: Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
If the Steelers don't add a corner in Round 1, they'll monitor the position on Day 2. There's a need even after signing Steven Nelson in free agency.

McShay: Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion
Pittsburgh tied for the league high in sacks in 2018 (52), but a good chunk of that came from the linebacking group. Ximines' quick first step would give Mike Tomlin another pass-rushing weapon.

53. Philadelphia Eagles (from Baltimore Ravens)

Kiper: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State
Unfamiliar with the 6-foot-5, 322-pound Howard? There has been some buzz around the former high school quarterback for the past few months. The Eagles will need a Jason Peters replacement at some point, right?

McShay: Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State
As a change-of-pace back behind Jordan Howard, Sanders provides reliable pass-catching out of the backfield.

54. Houston Texans (from Seattle Seahawks)

Kiper: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
I like this fit for both sides, as Harris could quickly become the go-to back behind Deshaun Watson. He's not as powerful as former teammate Josh Jacobs, but he has some burst between the tackles.

McShay: Lonnie Johnson Jr., CB, Kentucky
Kevin Johnson is gone, and new Texan Bradley Roby is a slot guy, so Johnson would help replenish the secondary.

55. Houston Texans

Kiper: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, DB, Florida
Houston brought in Tashaun Gipson to replace Tyrann Mathieu, but Gardner-Johnson could compete for a starting safety spot. He also has the athletic ability to play some corner.

McShay: Dru Samia, G, Oklahoma
We added Andre Dillard in the first round, but let's keep reworking that offensive line. Samia is a reliable, versatile option.

56. New England Patriots (from Chicago Bears)

Kiper: Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Michigan
The Patriots lost a few starters this offseason and need to add depth in the front seven. Saunders, a four-year starter at Western Michigan, could develop into a starter.

McShay: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
Time to take a shot at the heir to Tom Brady on the Patriots' QB throne. Jones will need time to develop -- he doesn't have a cannon and needs work under pressure -- but luckily Brady isn't going anywhere just yet.

57. Philadelphia Eagles

Kiper: Bobby Okereke, ILB, Stanford
With three picks in the first two rounds, the Eagles don't have many immediate needs. They need contributors. Okereke could compete for the starting middle-linebacker spot after Jordan Hicks left in free agency.

McShay: Juan Thornhill, CB, Virginia
How about another defensive back to restock the depth chart? The Eagles should challenge for the NFC East title this season if they can shore up the passing defense.

58. Dallas Cowboys

Kiper: Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
The Cowboys don't have a Round 1 pick after trading it for Amari Cooper last fall. They do have a couple of needs, however, particularly at defensive tackle and safety. Jones, a three-year starter for the Buckeyes, has first-round talent.

McShay: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida
Dallas arrives in Nashville, Tennessee, on Day 2 looking for a safety. Gardner-Johnson's physicality and instincts make him a future starting safety, but he should be able to fill a nickel role in Year 1.

59. Indianapolis Colts

Kiper: Ben Banogu, OLB, TCU
Pass-rusher is the only need I haven't addressed with my other two picks for the Colts (Nos. 26 and 34). Banogu, who had 17 sacks over the past two seasons, will help there.

McShay: JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
We got A.J. Brown earlier, but another receiver won't hurt. The Stanford wideout needs time to develop. He's a strong pass-catcher with the speed to help in the vertical passing game.

60. Los Angeles Chargers

Kiper: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia
Grier is my fifth-ranked quarterback and he could go at the end of Round 2 or top of Round 3. There's a fit in L.A., where Philip Rivers is 37 and Tyrod Taylor, the backup, is on a short-term deal.

McShay: Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
Just as we did at No. 56 for the Patriots, we get a guy to take over at quarterback down the road, here for Philip Rivers. Stidham is still a little inconsistent in ball placement, but he can learn behind Rivers and Tyrod Taylor.

61. Kansas City Chiefs

Kiper: Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State
Let's bring in Jenkins to compete for the spot vacated by Mitch Morse, who left in free agency. Jenkins also played some guard and tackle for the Bulldogs.

McShay: David Long, CB, Michigan
With Steven Nelson gone, the Chiefs need a corner. Johnathan Abram was a start to fixing this broken secondary, and Long's press-coverage skills further that task.

62. New Orleans Saints

Kiper: Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
The Saints were playing various undrafted free agents at receiver in 2018 and haven't added any in free agency. Ridley could play against his brother, Calvin, twice a year in the NFC South.

McShay: Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State
It took a while, but New Orleans is finally on the board. The Saints got Nick Easton from the Vikings, but he could also play guard. Jenkins also has versatility and is strong against the pass rush.

63. Kansas City Chiefs (from Los Angeles Rams)

Kiper: Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida
Polite had a poor combine and is dropping down boards. At some point, though, you have to trust the tape, and he had a tremendous 2018 season. He can bulk up to play defensive end in the Chiefs' transition to a 4-3 defense.

McShay: Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan
I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs hunted for a running back to share duties with Carlos Hyde and Damien Williams, but losing Dee Ford and Justin Houston opens up the possibility of taking this twitchy edge rusher at the end of Round 2.

64. New England Patriots

Kiper: Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
This is quarterback No. 6 in the first two rounds. Stidham had an inconsistent 2018, but he has the tools to be a starter in the NFL. And Tom Brady can't play forever ...

McShay: Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami
Trey Flowers and Malcom Brown are elsewhere, so Bill Belichick would be happy to land this violent defensive lineman.

Kiper's Chiefs picks:
29 - Greedy Williams, CB
If an edge rusher falls, Kansas City could pounce at No. 29. But Williams could be a steal this late in Round 1.

61 - Elgton Jenkins, C
Let's bring in Jenkins to compete for the spot vacated by Mitch Morse, who left in free agency. Jenkins also played some guard and tackle for the Bulldogs.

63 - Jachai Polite, OLB
Polite had a poor combine and is dropping down boards. At some point, though, you have to trust the tape, and he had a tremendous 2018 season. He can bulk up to play defensive end in the Chiefs' transition to a 4-3 defense.

McShay's Chiefs picks:
29 - Johnathan Abram, S *barfs*
Abram closes like a heat-seeking missile. I love his approach to the position. With or without Eric Berry, he immediately improves the secondary from the back end.

61 - David Long, CB
With Steven Nelson gone, the Chiefs need a corner. Johnathan Abram was a start to fixing this broken secondary, and Long's press-coverage skills further that task.

63 - Chase Winovich, DE
I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs hunted for a running back to share duties with Carlos Hyde and Damien Williams, but losing Dee Ford and Justin Houston opens up the possibility of taking this twitchy edge rusher at the end of Round 2.

carcosa
04-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Getting Greedy would make me do an epic jizz

Iconic
04-04-2019, 11:01 AM
tbh i'd cum so hard

I'd be ecstatic with Kiper's draft. Just don't see Greedy being there at 29 though.

The Franchise
04-04-2019, 11:02 AM
I'd rather have Murphy over Greedy in Kiper's mock.

TambaBerry
04-04-2019, 11:03 AM
dude they both fucking suck

staylor26
04-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Williams Jenkins and Polite?

Yes please.

ModSocks
04-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Most would be excited over either of those outcomes.

Pitt Gorilla
04-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Kiper’s draft would be enough to change my outlook on veach.

oldman
04-04-2019, 11:12 AM
I don't see us taking a guy that has to bulk up to play DE. We have enough project players, we need help today. Nor do I see us taking a RB early when we have Hyde and Williams x2 already on the roster. CB, S, and DE should be our 1st 3 choices unless a great C just happens to fall in our lap in the 2nd.

BryanBusby
04-04-2019, 11:13 AM
I'm not a big Greedy Williams fan, but I'd understand why they took the gamble if he was the pick.

Outside of Abram, all the picks look fine honestly...which isn't something I typically say about Kiper/McShay.

The Franchise
04-04-2019, 11:14 AM
I'm not a big Greedy Williams fan, but I'd understand why they took the gamble if he was the pick.

Outside of Abram, all the picks look fine honestly...which isn't something I typically say about Kiper/McShay.

Yeah....I know Greedy is rated higher but I think I'd rather have Murphy over him.

Murphy, Jenkins and Polite would be good with me.

RustShack
04-04-2019, 11:16 AM
I don't see us taking a guy that has to bulk up to play DE. We have enough project players, we need help today. Nor do I see us taking a RB early when we have Hyde and Williams x2 already on the roster. CB, S, and DE should be our 1st 3 choices unless a great C just happens to fall in our lap in the 2nd.

It’s OK to take an undersized DE who needs to bulk up as long as he’s a great pass rusher. We have 4 big DE’s already who will all rotate. KPass might play the least of the three, but he’s flashed potential in limited duty. An undersized guy who can come in on passing downs and get to the QB would be just fine until he’s ready to start.

Titty Meat
04-04-2019, 11:16 AM
tbh i'd cum so hard

I'd be ecstatic with Kiper's draft. Just don't see Greedy being there at 29 though.

MMMM

BryanBusby
04-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Yeah....I know Greedy is rated higher but I think I'd rather have Murphy over him.

Murphy, Jenkins and Polite would be good with me.
I'm not as high on Murphy as others are.

Aspengc8
04-04-2019, 11:29 AM
tbh i'd cum so hard

Yeah I dont think Greedy will far that far either. I'd be fine with Garrett Bradbury at 29- dudes gonna be a 10yr+ starter.

Chief Roundup
04-04-2019, 11:32 AM

I'm not as high on Murphy as others are.

Which CB do you like or think is better than these two that are considered the best two in the draft?

Iconic
04-04-2019, 11:35 AM

Yeah these Chiefs picks make it look like they had a normal mock. Take a look at the whole thing for the real quality.

While I do like him, ****ing McLaurin is the second WR off the board @ 26 LMAO

BryanBusby
04-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Which CB do you like or think is better than these two that are considered the best two in the draft?
I'd rather trade for a vet, but doesn't seem like that will happen so...

If I had to pick one, I'd go for Jamel Dean. Has a nice mix of size and speed and really just needs more coaching and experience.

O.city
04-04-2019, 11:37 AM
I don’t know if it’s because it’s so late in the draft but there’s not really a guy I’d be super pissed about that’s being talked about at 29. Relatively speaking that is

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2019, 11:55 AM
I predict Veach , if he stays at 29, picks someone we don't even have on our radar.Kind of like Marcus Peters. I'll bet there's a defensive stud out there that dumb and dumber don't even know exists.

DJ's left nut
04-04-2019, 12:09 PM
I like both of those drafts, apart from that shit-house of a pick for McShay in the 1st.

Polite may be a little early since he's just plummeting, but you won't get him in the 3rd and he really does look amazing at times on film. Long at 61 seems also a tick early but his talent is undeniable and with 3 CBs that can play this season, he gets that much needed developmental season. He could be REALLY good someday. Or he could suck but that's the nature of many 2nd round picks.

Abrams I am completely out on in the 1st. In McShay's draft I'd take Adderley, Brown, Fant or Tillery there well ahead of Abrams. But I'm fine with his next 2 picks.

O.city
04-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Where do we all stand on Thornhill? (besides DJ, he is a known hater of my ideas so fuck him)

DJ's left nut
04-04-2019, 12:12 PM
I don’t know if it’s because it’s so late in the draft but there’s not really a guy I’d be super pissed about that’s being talked about at 29. Relatively speaking that is

If the board fell like that and we took Abrams, I'd be awfully close to super pissed.

Man, if AJ Brown's there he'd be a haaaaaard guy to pass on. I think he could end up being the best WR in this draft class. He's a hell of an athlete and just silky smooth out there. He kinda reminds me a bit of Jeremy Maclin - everything just looks super easy for him.

BryanBusby
04-04-2019, 12:12 PM
I predict Veach , if he stays at 29, picks someone we don't even have on our radar.Kind of like Marcus Peters. I'll bet there's a defensive stud out there that dumb and dumber don't even know exists.
I'm with you there. If they stay at 29, it's gonna be for someone totally off the radar.

Can't help but think it would be somebody like Deebo Samuel.

DJ's left nut
04-04-2019, 12:13 PM
Where do we all stand on Thornhill? (besides DJ, he is a known hater of my ideas so fuck him)

Everyone hates your ideas. I just don't have a problem telling you. Have you convinced yourself that Sutton Smith would be a fine 1st round pick yet? You seem to have talked yourself into just about everyone else in the draft.

The Franchise
04-04-2019, 12:15 PM
I like both of those drafts, apart from that shit-house of a pick for McShay in the 1st.

Polite may be a little early since he's just plummeting, but you won't get him in the 3rd and he really does look amazing at times on film. Long at 61 seems also a tick early but his talent is undeniable and with 3 CBs that can play this season, he gets that much needed developmental season. He could be REALLY good someday. Or he could suck but that's the nature of many 2nd round picks.

Abrams I am completely out on in the 1st. In McShay's draft I'd take Adderley, Brown, Fant or Tillery there well ahead of Abrams. But I'm fine with his next 2 picks.

Adderley, Long and Winovich would be damn good.

DJ's left nut
04-04-2019, 12:16 PM

If I had to pick one, I'd go for Jamel Dean. Has a nice mix of size and speed and really just needs more coaching and experience.

Dude's blown out both of his knees, hasn't he?

I mean I'd gamble on the athleticism in the 3rd, but there's no way I'm taking a guy with that kind of injury history before that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2019, 12:17 PM
I'm with you there. If they stay at 29, it's gonna be for someone totally off the radar.

Can't help but think it would be somebody like Deebo Samuel.

The thing is that players get hyped up and the media guys just run with that, and the only people that REALLY are in the Know are the true scouting team.

BryanBusby
04-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Dude's blown out both of his knees, hasn't he?

I mean I'd gamble on the athleticism in the 3rd, but there's no way I'm taking a guy with that kind of injury history before that.
That's what makes it left field. Without that, he's a first round lock.

ModSocks
04-04-2019, 12:22 PM

He has two first names in his first name. That cements him as a future HoF'er

DJ's left nut
04-04-2019, 12:23 PM
He has two first names in his first name. That cements him as a future HoF'er

Ju
An?

(I don't think you're talking about the guy you think you're talking about. JoeJuan is a Williams)

ModSocks
04-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Ju
An?

(I don't think you're talking about the guy you think you're talking about. JoeJuan is a Williams)

oh fuck you're right ROFL

big nasty kcnut
04-04-2019, 12:25 PM
I don't want to draft rb we have enough of them let work on our defense and depth.

ModSocks
04-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Well in that case, yeah, fuck you O.City your idea sucks!

DJ's left nut
04-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Interesting note: Coming out of High School, JuJu Smith-Schuster was recruited as:

Drum-roll......

..............John Smith

And he was a 5-star safety.

'JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR' is a way cooler path through life than 'John Smith, S'. Good choice, JuJu.

O.city
04-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Everyone hates your ideas. I just don't have a problem telling you. Have you convinced yourself that Sutton Smith would be a fine 1st round pick yet? You seem to have talked yourself into just about everyone else in the draft.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/JltOMwYmi0VrO" width="480" height="403" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/JltOMwYmi0VrO">via GIPHY</a></p>

When you like everyone, you'll never be disappointed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Both mocks make me vomit.

Flying High D
04-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Anything to step teams from keeping the ball from PMVP.

Chief Roundup
04-04-2019, 04:45 PM

Well since he is probably going to be a 4th or 5th round pick we could get him as a developmental player for sure.
I looked at several sites and he is ranked as the 8th to 12th CB. He is considered to be outside of the top 200 players in the draft.

Kiimo
04-04-2019, 04:59 PM
The good news is that Veach has shown himself to be a much better evaluator of talent than either of these guys.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-04-2019, 05:16 PM
I want adderly damn it!!

WarChief
04-04-2019, 05:27 PM
It's gonna be Bradbury if they don't trade out.

Coogs
04-04-2019, 05:53 PM

Protecting the franchise isn't a bad thing!

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2019, 05:57 PM
Jesus H. Christ.

I'll be glad when this fucking draft is over.

Coogs
04-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Jesus H. Christ.

I'll be glad when this ****ing draft is over.

No you won't. We will all bitch about it for a couple of days once it is over. Then we will all stand around, shuffle our feet a bit, throw awkward glance at each other, and not no what to say for the next 3 months because we have never had an off-season where we have the best QB in the NFL. The draft at least gives us something to discuss in the meantime.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2019, 06:32 PM
No you won't. We will all bitch about it for a couple of days once it is over. Then we will all stand around, shuffle our feet a bit, throw awkward glance at each other, and not no what to say for the next 3 months because we have never had an off-season where we have the best QB in the NFL. The draft at least gives us something to discuss in the meantime.

We'll bitch about it longer than that, but hopefully not because we'll find out for sure that our team is not run by fucking retards at ANY of the major levels of the organization as in the past.

Q: Do you know what you're saying when you say, "Center in round 1"?

A: You're saying, "my team is run by fucking retards", that's what.

If for one will be thrilled to see the end of it.

Coogs
04-04-2019, 06:39 PM
We'll bitch about it longer than that, but hopefully not because we'll find out for sure that our team is not run by ****ing retards at ANY of the major levels of the organization as in the past.

Q: Do you know what you're saying when you say, "Center in round 1"?

A: You're saying, "my team is run by ****ing retards", that's what.

If for one will be thrilled to see the end of it.

Center is not the top of my list. But if that's who we pick, I would definitely understand why they did that at #29.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Jesus...

Coogs
04-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Jesus...

:shrug:

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2019, 07:00 PM
I have no issue with drafting OL. Mahomes is our most valuable asset. Protect him and you guarantee us 11 wins a year.

Flying High D
04-04-2019, 07:16 PM
I hope whoever they draft gets the opposing team off the field so the offense can get on the field. Forget a certain number of wins per year, be nice to bring home the Lombardi.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2019, 07:18 PM
I hope whoever they draft gets the opposing team off the field so the offense can get on the field. Forget a certain number of wins per year, be nice to bring home the Lombardi.

A Center will do that for you!

Al Bundy
04-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Fuck Devin White.

RustShack
04-04-2019, 08:28 PM

I’ll take the young upcoming star over the washed up veteran.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-04-2019, 08:49 PM
**** Devin White.

Uh why? He’s the best ILB to come out in awhile

BryanBusby
04-04-2019, 08:49 PM
I’ll take the young upcoming star over the washed up veteran.
Washed up veteran? That's quite the take.

JakeF
04-04-2019, 09:57 PM
We have a tons of needs so RB is a luxury we can't afford this year. We need help for every level on defense and have depth issues on offense.

bricks
04-04-2019, 10:08 PM

Shazam!

bricks
04-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Bricks Chiefs mock:

-1st round pick, 29th overall...Chiefs select FS-Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, University of Florida

-2nd round pick, 61st overall....Chiefs select DE-Zach Allen, Boston College

-2nd round pick, 63rd overall.....Chiefs select CB-Amani Oruwariye, Penn State

*SHAZAMO!!!

BossChief
04-04-2019, 10:26 PM
I'd rather have Murphy over Greedy in Kiper's mock.

Agreed.

And I might take Adderley, Fant, Tillery or CJG there, too.

Or trade up with Philly to get Ferrell before Idny gets him.

Or if there are 5 or 6 players I’d be equally happy with, I’d try to add a third and move down 4-5 spots. There are going to be bargains in the third.

New World Order
04-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Love the Winovich pick

Aspengc8
04-05-2019, 05:19 AM

I think the reaser signing from the AAF pretty much hints at this. Can go defensive help in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd.

farmerchief
04-05-2019, 05:36 AM
Love the Winovich pick

Yep, me too. Especially if you get him at that draft spot!:clap:

notorious
04-05-2019, 05:45 AM

At least since Jesus Curry.

WarChief
04-05-2019, 06:18 AM
I think the reaser signing from the AAF pretty much hints at this. Can go defensive help in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd.

Ogbah trade as well, seems pretty telegraphed. They'll be able to get a good edge rusher with the second round pick with how deep the class is. Safety help with the other one, and then as you said, WR in the third.

TambaBerry
04-05-2019, 06:24 AM
lmao if Reaser and Ogbah completely take veach out of drafting those positions in the 1st then we need a new GM badly

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2019, 09:42 AM
At least since Jesus Curry.

LMAO

I remember the days of Jesus Curry, yes I do. Still not sure if we came out on the better end of that deal though. We should have known Peeholi was a fucking goofus when he drafted a 4-3 DE for a new 3-4 defense. I'm sure someone raised a stink about it and was promptly sent to the corner with cries of "Peeholi"(!) ringing in his ears.

If ever there were a case of "the professionals DON'T know best", that guy would be on the cover of the hardback.

I hope his m00bs get EbolAIDS.

Chris Meck
04-05-2019, 01:38 PM
lmao if Reaser and Ogbah completely take veach out of drafting those positions in the 1st then we need a new GM badly

I don't think it's all or nothing. I think the depth signings are just to allow max flexibility. they don't NEED to do any particular thing. they can draft any one of several positions.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2019, 01:44 PM
I don't think it's all or nothing. I think the depth signings are just to allow max flexibility. they don't NEED to do any particular thing. they can draft any one of several positions.

Exactly.

TambaBerry
04-05-2019, 01:46 PM

i was replying to the other guys who were saying we dont have to draft those positions early now

DJ's left nut
04-05-2019, 01:48 PM

For sure. That's what made the Breeland pickup so important.

You don't get him signed and you're really in a bind heading into the draft. You may be forced to just take the top CB on your board, regardless of what else is sitting there.

With Breeland in the fold you now have a viable starting candidate already in place so you can look at whatever you want in the 2nd. You also don't have any long-term liabilities so if CB is where the value is, take one (I'd love Murphy). If not, then you can look elsewhere and know that there's almost certainly going to be plenty of strong developmental CB options at the back of the 2nd for you.

These are the same kind of moves Dorsey would make to free up how he approached the draft and they're really smart. They don't get in your way should the right talent be sitting there for you, but they keep you from being forced into taking the wrong talent.

Rain Man
04-05-2019, 02:11 PM
LMAO

I remember the days of Jesus Curry, yes I do. Still not sure if we came out on the better end of that deal though. We should have known Peeholi was a fucking goofus when he drafted a 4-3 DE for a new 3-4 defense. I'm sure someone raised a stink about it and was promptly sent to the corner with cries of "Peeholi"(!) ringing in his ears.

If ever there were a case of "the professionals DON'T know best", that guy would be on the cover of the hardback.

I hope his m00bs get EbolAIDS.

It seems like when Tyson Jackson was drafted, there wasn't a single person cheering. Everyone was just staring at the TV screen with incomprehension. I recall his name coming up as a possibility a day or two before the draft, and he had never even been considered among our draft experts before that.

That was a really strange move.

Bump
04-05-2019, 02:18 PM
I feel like we are going to be surprised by our first round pick, probably have a lot of people saying "really? wtf"

ModSocks
04-05-2019, 02:22 PM
I feel like we are going to be surprised by our first round pick, probably have a lot of people saying "really? wtf"

That would be two years in a row of that. If that happens and Speaks has an underwhelming year, there's going to be a lot of skepticism around Veach.

smithandrew051
04-05-2019, 02:24 PM
That would be two years in a row of that. If that happens and Speaks has an underwhelming year, there's going to be a lot of skepticism around Veach.

Since Reid has been here our first overall picks have been:

Fisher
Ford
Peters
Jones
Mahomes
Speaks

If Speaks becomes a quality starter at some point, then all of those pick have been productive.

Granted, the last two would be on Veach as GM. If Speaks and this pick bust, then the criticism will be fair.

RunKC
04-05-2019, 03:06 PM
This is one of the best drafts for DL/pass rushers in years. It looks better than the 2016 class.

There’s literally like 12 first rd caliber guys. Bosa, Allen, Simmons, Williams, Oliver, Burns, Gary, Wilkins, Sweat, Lawrence, Ferrell, Tillery.

Andy loves his fatties and this is a need. I feel very confident one of those guys listed above will be our pick.

DJ's left nut
04-05-2019, 03:20 PM
This is one of the best drafts for DL/pass rushers in years. It looks better than the 2016 class.

There’s literally like 12 first rd caliber guys. Bosa, Allen, Simmons, Williams, Oliver, Burns, Gary, Wilkins, Sweat, Lawrence, Ferrell, Tillery.

Andy loves his fatties and this is a need. I feel very confident one of those guys listed above will be our pick.

This is just an absolute monster class in the trenches.

DL and OL are both incredibly strong.

But yeah, of that group you mentioned the only one I wouldn't really consider as a 1st round caliber guy is Gary but that's mostly because I just cannot stand those measureables and that complete lack of production. There's a reason for that and I just don't like him as a prospect.

Tillery's on the borderline but I just have to keep reminding myself why I'd have been elated to get him at the back of the first if the draft was in November. The guy's a monster but can check out at times. That's...worrisome. I think I'd chance it though because he's as close to Chris Jones as anyone you'll see in this draft.

Halfcan
04-05-2019, 03:47 PM
^ 2 Chris Jone's would be pretty sweet.

DJ's left nut
04-05-2019, 03:50 PM
^ 2 Chris Jone's would be pretty sweet.

Give him a deeper dive; same strengths. Same weaknesses.

The problem with the weaknesses is that motor is just so damn tough to guess on. Some guys just have a light bulb switch on and they turn into Chris Jones!

Other guys are Ryan Sims.

Sims ruined me for a long time on DL with motor issues in college. Jones has me willing to dip my toes back in the waters there but I'm still pretty damn wary of them.

Chief Roundup
04-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Simmons will not be a 1st round player because of the video of him punching a woman over and over while she was on the ground.
From most everything I have seen Lawrence and Tillery are the two that have the best chance of being there at 29.

ModSocks
04-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Give him a deeper dive; same strengths. Same weaknesses.

The problem with the weaknesses is that motor is just so damn tough to guess on. Some guys just have a light bulb switch on and they turn into Chris Jones!

Other guys are Ryan Sims.

Sims ruined me for a long time on DL with motor issues in college. Jones has me willing to dip my toes back in the waters there but I'm still pretty damn wary of them.

I agree with you. Give me a couple names you think are worth watching.