PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Raiders GM Mike Mayock on Draft strategy

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2019, 05:41 PM
This is a pretty fun listen. No matter what he says you can tell he's under a ton of pressure to get this draft right because he used to be the draft guru . LOLOL. You can tell he's worn out worrying even though he says he's not. That being said i think he'll get it right for the Raiders and in two years they'll be easily 8-8.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FTNifYLBzoA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JakeF
04-11-2019, 05:51 PM
He already looks older. lol

It's really difficult to root against Mike Mayock. He's such a down-to-earth guy.

I wish he wasn't a Raider.

TribalElder
04-11-2019, 05:53 PM
I loved mayocks draft coverage

That was the worst part of him going to the raiders

It seems like he was right more often then not

I think he even had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry back in the day

JakeF
04-11-2019, 05:58 PM
I think he even had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry back in the day

He did. I think he was either first or one of the few that did say Thomas over Berry. The players turned about to be fairly even so it doesn't really matter. Although recent injuries will probably give the career of Thomas the edge over Berry.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2019, 06:05 PM
He did. I think he was either first or one of the few that did say Thomas over Berry. The players turned about to be fairly even so it doesn't really matter. Although recent injuries will probably give the career of Thomas the edge over Berry.

Wait , were Thomas and Berry in the same draft. I remember it being Taylor Mays/Eric berry.

Dayze
04-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Mayock was the reason I switched to NFLN draft coverage from the abortion of what ESPN draft had become. Really enjoyed Mayocks breakdowns and commentary.

Munson
04-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Wait , were Thomas and Berry in the same draft. I remember it being Taylor Mays/Eric berry.

It was the 2010 draft.

We took Berry at #5.

Seattle took Thomas at #14.

SF takes Mays at #49.

Seattle also got Kam Chancellor in the 5th round #133.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft

raidersnumber1
04-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Even the haters recognize MayGOAT is destined for greatness.

Raiders are taking the division THIS YEAR. Bookmark this post.

RustShack
04-11-2019, 06:52 PM

Taking last.

ChiefGator
04-11-2019, 07:01 PM
It's really difficult to root against Mike Mayock. He's such a down-to-earth guy.

Eh, I don't see it. He is a bit of a "me guy" to me. Even on the very first question, he should have said there is a team of scouts, yadda, yadda.

And notice how he used to talk to all the GMs before, and now he can't. We shall see how much he just echoed what he heard pretty soon.

Honestly, I think his unsubstantiated ego is going to do him in and hurt their drafts.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2019, 07:12 PM

LOL. Dumbass!

Clyde Frog
04-11-2019, 09:30 PM

You’re gonna have to beat KC For that to happen and you wont be able to do that unless the refs give you 400 untimed downs from the 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWTF
04-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Eh, I don't see it. He is a bit of a "me guy" to me. Even on the very first question, he should have said there is a team of scouts, yadda, yadda.

And notice how he used to talk to all the GMs before, and now he can't. We shall see how much he just echoed what he heard pretty soon.

Honestly, I think his unsubstantiated ego is going to do him in and hurt their drafts.

Mayock's pretty respected around the league. Other teams were interested in him for GM in the past. I think he knows his stuff, but that doesnt mean they will hit on everything in the draft, and they wont. You still got Gruden in the mix and hes proven to be a bad evaluator and in the end he could overrule Mayock. Funny, but Gruden was at his best when Al Davis did the grocery shopping for him. Even though Mayock was brought in, and I think it was a good move Gruden seems to have final say.

RealSNR
04-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Maycock

Buehler445
04-11-2019, 11:00 PM
May he fail in spectacular fashion.

New World Order
04-12-2019, 12:28 AM

This is like our new Knowmo

kcxiv
04-12-2019, 01:26 AM
as much as i hate the Raiders, im not sure i can hate Mayok!

lawrenceRaider
04-12-2019, 06:34 AM

We'll be a hell of a lot better this year than last, but unless the draft falls perfectly for us, Q.Williams at #4 and a guy like Ferrell somehow miraculously falls to the Raiders at #24, I'd say 8-8 is the ceiling for 2019. Better than the Donks, but not up to the Chargers or Chiefs.

Our D is likely to be terrible.

BossChief
04-12-2019, 08:41 AM
Mayock was a great hire for them.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel Jeremiah gets a GM spot in the next couple years, too.

Coochie liquor
04-12-2019, 08:55 AM

If we bookmarked all your false claims it would be bigger than the Hall of Classics.

smithandrew051
04-12-2019, 09:46 AM

Raiders are stuck in QB purgatory. That’s the worst place to be.

Your QB is good enough that your tram refuses to move on, but not near good enough to win anything of significance.

Have fun! We lived that one long enough to know how painful it is.

“But maybe if we fix the defense? Or beef up the OL?”

lawrenceRaider
04-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Raiders are stuck in QB purgatory. That’s the worst place to be.

Your QB is good enough that your tram refuses to move on, but not near good enough to win anything of significance.

Have fun! We lived that one long enough to know how painful it is.

“But maybe if we fix the defense? Or beef up the OL?”

Alex Smith had one season as good as Carr did last year. That was in 2017 with an amazing array of skill players. Carr had jack and squat last year for weapons, but put up just as good of numbers as Smith did in 2017.

I'm not saying Carr is the answer. I'm enough of a realist to know that is probably not going to happen now. He is better than freakin' Alex Smith though.

smithandrew051
04-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Alex Smith had one season as good as Carr did last year. That was in 2017 with an amazing array of skill players. Carr had jack and squat last year for weapons, but put up just as good of numbers as Smith did in 2017.

I'm not saying Carr is the answer. I'm enough of a realist to know that is probably not going to happen now. He is better than freakin' Alex Smith though.

Career Rating of 88 vs 87. Not much of a gap there.

ModSocks
04-12-2019, 10:34 AM
I think Mayock is over rated. They'll face plant.

Iowanian
04-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Your mother will likely name her next bastard child, Patrick.

lawrenceRaider
04-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Career Rating of 88 vs 87. Not much of a gap there.

I suppose we'll see after this year.

Care to place a small wager on whether Carr will destroy his own, and Smith's best years this coming season?

ChiefGator
04-12-2019, 02:21 PM

Care to place a small wager on whether Carr will destroy his own, and Smith's best years this coming season?

You might want to wait until after the draft before you place that bet, Raider fan.

New World Order
04-12-2019, 02:50 PM

When you compare your franchise qb with Alex Smith you know you’re headed for greatness

Especially on a team that has thousands of positions to fill

ModSocks
04-12-2019, 03:05 PM

I'm interested. But first we have to define "destroy".

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2019, 12:01 AM
I think Mayock is over rated. They'll face plant.

Thank you. Every one of the talking draft heads are as "knowledgeable" as CP when it comes to picking talent if not incredibly fucking worse.

And piss on that Raider trash; go "worship" some bear bikers, you lame assed fucks.

POND_OF_RED
04-13-2019, 07:22 AM

You know stats are an actual measurable things that people can look up right? Carr’s overall rating last season was a 93.9. Alex Smith’s average rating for his 5 seasons with the Chiefs was a 94.76. No way does Carr ever touch the rating Smith put up in 2017.

Chiefshrink
04-13-2019, 09:17 AM
Mayock's under no pressure he is just Gruden's fall guy if it all goes south. We all know who is calling the shots and why Gruden will fail in Oakland the 2nd time around just like he did in Tampa after winning the SB with Dungy's assembled team.:shrug:

Gruden's forte is not personnel although he thinks it is.

Just like we all know who is calling the shots here in KC and it ain't Veach.:shrug:

Chiefaholic
04-13-2019, 12:40 PM
I like Mayock, and hate to see him wearing the black and silver. My gut tells me that the Raiders will be a more formidable opponent in 2-3 seasons. Lucky for us, we have a generational talent at QB with three more years on his rookie contract.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Mayock's under no pressure he is just Gruden's fall guy if it all goes south. We all know who is calling the shots and why Gruden will fail in Oakland the 2nd time around just like he did in Tampa after winning the SB with Dungy's assembled team.:shrug:

Gruden's forte is not personnel although he thinks it is.

Just like we all know who is calling the shots here in KC and it ain't Veach.:shrug:

Maycock has to be under enormous pressure . Think about it. He's been a professional draft analyst getting paid big bucks for the last many years and NOW he's responsible for actually making those picks. If he fails his whole life gig is OVER with. I love it. But I think he'll do good for the Raiders.

New World Order
04-13-2019, 01:34 PM

Ok

But he's gotta throw more than 26 tds, have a better rating in both passer (104) and qbr (65).

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2019, 01:38 PM
Ok

But he's gotta throw more than 26 tds, have a better rating in both passer (104) and qbr (65).

Stupid bet. Two shitty fucking QB's who need to eat AIDS and die.

New World Order
04-13-2019, 01:38 PM
Stupid bet. Two shitty ****ing QB's who need to eat AIDS and die.

One has.

And one will

jdubya
04-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Anybody watch the whole interview? At the very end he is asked about the QB situation and he says "David is our QB...." If I am DEREK I`d be a little worried lol.

kccrow
04-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Mayock was really the only draft analyst I consistently agreed with and enjoyed. I miss his takes. That said, he has alot of pressure on him with the Raiders to get this draft right. 4 picks in the top 35 and he really needs to hit them all.

If the Raiders are looking QB, I think they are looking QB in the wrong draft to be honest. Murray is a midget that has one year of experience. I don't know that I'd be going all in to get him. Lock struggles with inaccuracy although I like him alot more than I did Josh Allen. If the Raiders do go QB, I could see a mild trade up to #3 with the Jets, giving up 35, to ensure they get Lock. The reason I think Lock is possible is that he's that much more mobile and fits Gruden's scheme. I don't think Haskins, despite his arm talent, fits what Gruden likes to do. And the biggest thing is whether or not they'd be gaining anything with these QBs over what they already have in Carr? I really don't think they would be.

I think they should focus on the defense and getting more weapons around Carr. Get a stud pass rusher like Josh Allen at 4, get an athletic TE like Fant at 24, get Josh Jacobs at RB at 27, and get another CB like Trayvon Mullen at 35. That really sets your foundation on both sides of the ball. With Fant, Brown, and Jacobs, Carr really has no excuses not to produce. On the other side you get a solid #2 CB to pair with Conley and you replace your stupidity of trading away Mack at #4.

If Carr doesn't produce in 2019, then sell the farm for Herbert in 2020.

Munson
04-13-2019, 02:24 PM
I think Mayock will have a good first year. He's got 4 of the top 35 picks, 3 of which are 1st rounders.

But after the first year, he'll descend into typical Raider suckage and be gone in 4 or 5 years.

jdubya
04-13-2019, 02:28 PM

Being in year 2 of Grudens system Carr should do better but his ceiling is already been reached. All the talent in the world doesnt replace his shit for brains when the going gets tough. Like checking down on a Hail Mary on 4th down and game and many other bone headed plays he has done that shows his lack of football IQ under duress. He might be great in the film room and when wearing the red shirt but he pisses himself in games.

Tges58
04-13-2019, 02:46 PM

Since Smith got his leg Theismaned last year it's probably too close to call

ROYC75
04-13-2019, 07:52 PM
I really think you guys are selling these 2 short. Gruden has started his house clearing last year, the pics are going to be a start on the rebuild. IMHO, I feel these 2 will right that ship in Gruden's 3rd year, being very competitive.

IMHO,we better get our shit together and stay young & athletic.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2019, 08:39 PM
I agree the Mayock is under pressure to get the draft picks right. I think he's going to find out rather quickly, that it's one thing to critique teams and picks, and it's quite another to actually be the one pulling the trigger on the picks.

I remember when Mayock said Robert Aires was going to be the best pass rusher in the draft, he just needed time to develop. Wrong. What I saw when I watched the youtube videos of Aires was a slow first step, not a fast first step. Mayock said Aires had a quick first step but I saw the exact opposite, I thought he was slow off the snap. Anyhow, the Broncos ended up drafting Robert Aires and he was very mediocre. He wasn't bad, but he was nothing special either.

RealSNR
04-13-2019, 11:09 PM
I agree the Mayock is under pressure to get the draft picks right. I think he's going to find out rather quickly, that it's one thing to critique teams and picks, and it's quite another to actually be the one pulling the trigger on the picks.

I remember when Mayock said Robert Aires was going to be the best pass rusher in the draft, he just needed time to develop. Wrong. What I saw when I watched the youtube videos of Aires was a slow first step, not a fast first step. Mayock said Aires had a quick first step but I saw the exact opposite, I thought he was slow off the snap. Anyhow, the Broncos ended up drafting Robert Aires and he was very mediocre. He wasn't bad, but he was nothing special either.

Interesting fact: Robert Aires likes to go on vacation in Buenos Ayers

JakeF
04-13-2019, 11:23 PM
I can't believe they gave Gruden such a long contract. He won't last for half of it.

TEX
04-14-2019, 08:10 AM

Bet he"s nowhere near as bad as Elway.

Chiefshrink
04-14-2019, 09:31 AM
Maycock has to be under enormous pressure . Think about it. He's been a professional draft analyst getting paid big bucks for the last many years and NOW he's responsible for actually making those picks. If he fails his whole life gig is OVER with. I love it. But I think he'll do good for the Raiders.

Oh I get your point and on PR surface you are correct but Gruden is using Mayock's eye receives all his info then Gruden still makes the decision IMHO and why I said MM is the fall guy in the end. Gruden is not the type of guy to take over as coach only to ask for permission from a GM to get a guy. And neither is Reid.:shrug:

Chiefshrink
04-14-2019, 09:34 AM
Bet he"s nowhere near as bad as Elway.

Defensively Elway gets a B+ to A- on the defensive side of the ball BUT you are correct he gets an F on the offensive side for sure when you look at his tenure as GM.

TEX
04-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Defensively Elway gets a B+ to A- on the defensive side of the ball BUT you are correct he gets an F on the offensive side for sure when you look at his tenure as GM.

Naw, You give him too much credit. ANYONE could have made his defensive picks if they were picking in the top 10 like he was. Anyone. He gets a solid D, if you look at his tenure as GM post Manning. Last year's draft raised him above F.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-14-2019, 09:49 AM
The Raiders draft this year is truly fascinating. Four picks total between pick 1 and pick 35, but not one single pick between 36 and 105.

Hit big on 3 or 4 of those early picks? They might be a true contender in a couple years. Miss big? They probably suck hard for another 3-5 years at least.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-14-2019, 10:14 AM

Mayock may have actually been right though because you have to figure denver coaching has been a clown show

raidersnumber1
04-14-2019, 10:23 AM
The Raiders draft this year is truly fascinating. Four picks total between pick 1 and pick 35, but not one single pick between 36 and 105.

Hit big on 3 or 4 of those early picks? They might be a true contender in a couple years. Miss big? They probably suck hard for another 3-5 years at least.

we just don't have a third round pick that was traded for AB. No 6th either. 2 sevenths.

Chiefshrink
04-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Naw, You give him too much credit. ANYONE could have made his defensive picks if they were picking in the top 10 like he was. Anyone. He gets a solid D, if you look at his tenure as GM post Manning. Last year's draft raised him above F.

Not trying to :Poke: you here but top 10 status is waaaaaay overrated and there have been many busts in the top 10. There is NO GUARANTEE on anyone that they will develop into Top 10 status just because they were taken there in the draft.

Review his defensive draft picks. Malik Jackson, Miller, Wolfe, Unrein, Harris, Trevathian, Harris Jr., Simmons, Parks, Chubb,etc....my guess is Elway is not even responsible for those defensive picks and just trusted his scouts on the defensive side IMHO but he does get a B+ to A- because he IS the GM.

Now with that said, I agree with you a 100% he has been an immense failure as a GM post Manning because his true lack of offensive personnel acumen is being exposed now. He truly is the "King with no clothes on" that struts down the street as IF they are a playoff contender every year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-14-2019, 11:25 AM
Elway just hasn't hit on the QB position since Manning, seriously. He found his RB , courtland Sutton and Jake Butt has just been injured. He gets a top 15 QB and they can easily move to 6-10

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Once Elway got out of the top 10, his defensive picks have been shit. Bradley Roby? lol.

Stop giving horseass credit he doesn't deserve. Hell, he probably didn't even MAKE those picks in the top 10.

jdubya
04-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Hmmmmmm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dont-hold-your-breath-on-a-russell-wilson-extension-but-ponder-these-3-team-trades-in-the-meantime/

Trade scenario No. 2
Oakland gets: Wilson, Giants pick at 37, and Giants 2020 1st round pick
Seattle gets: Oakland's picks at 4, 24 and 27
Giants get: Derek Carr

JohnnyHammersticks
04-14-2019, 04:19 PM

I predict the Raiders win total next season will exceed the average IQ of their fans. Six.

ROYC75
04-14-2019, 04:35 PM

Seriously, I want you to go look in the mirror!

Take a good look! Remember that look!

Now the reality of this is, THAT COMMENT IS DUMBER THAN YOU LOOK! A LOT ****ING DUMBER!

Now go get some medical help!

Chiefshrink
04-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Elway just hasn't hit on the QB position since Manning, seriously. He found his RB , courtland Sutton and Jake Butt has just been injured. He gets a top 15 QB and they can easily move to 6-10

He has missed 2x on the QB, missed on OL, missed on TEs, missed on WRs until this last year, missed on RBs and Lindsay doesn't count because he is an UDFA. Sutton and Paradis are really his 'only' offensive gems to this point post Manning.

Chiefshrink
04-14-2019, 05:43 PM
Stop giving horseass credit he doesn't deserve. Hell, he probably didn't even MAKE those picks in the top 10.

Like I said, he probably didn't make those d picks and trusted his scouts and coaches on those picks I agree with you BUT he was the GM during those picks.:shrug:

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2019, 06:02 PM
Interesting fact: Robert Aires likes to go on vacation in Buenos Ayers

lol, yes, Robert Ayers...

jdubya
11-18-2019, 01:24 PM
If this is correct then he is off to a great start

Josh Dubow

@JoshDubowAP
#Raiders are the 1st team since sacks became official stat in 1982 to get 10+ sacks and 10+ TDs from rookies in the 1st 10 games of the season
18:11 - 17 Nov 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy

KC Hawks
11-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Drafting Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen is still awful.

Chris Meck
11-18-2019, 04:26 PM

I don't think so.

lawrenceRaider
11-18-2019, 05:39 PM

I don't think so.

Ferrell has been playing pretty damn well recently. I guess we'll see.

493rd
11-18-2019, 05:56 PM
If only they had a QB...

Megatron96
11-18-2019, 06:16 PM
Mayock has done a pretty good job so far with his picks. And I don't see any reason why he won't in the future. Yes, he'll miss a few, because everyone does, but he'll make plenty of good picks as well.

What's funny is that if he hits on more than his fair share, a lot of people will denigrate his decisions, saying things like, "his scouts made all those picks; he had nothing to do with them," and if he misses any they'll say, "Mayock can't find talent to save his life; he sucks." Fans are stupid.

TwistedChief
11-18-2019, 06:16 PM
If this is correct then he is off to a great start

Josh Dubow

@JoshDubowAP
#Raiders are the 1st team since sacks became official stat in 1982 to get 10+ sacks and 10+ TDs from rookies in the 1st 10 games of the season
18:11 - 17 Nov 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy

How many other teams had as many early round picks as the Raiders? Make an adjustment for that and overall picks and I'd be curious if they stand out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2019, 10:16 PM
How many other teams had as many early round picks as the Raiders? Make an adjustment for that and overall picks and I'd be curious if they stand out.

Some truth to that but don't get pissy when Gruden and Mayock have the balls to go to the dartboard and take a shot rather than funnelling off 1st round picks every year in the quest for "surefire" FA's needing fat paydays.

Buehler445
11-19-2019, 10:31 PM
Mayock has done a pretty good job so far with his picks. And I don't see any reason why he won't in the future. Yes, he'll miss a few, because everyone does, but he'll make plenty of good picks as well.

What's funny is that if he hits on more than his fair share, a lot of people will denigrate his decisions, saying things like, "his scouts made all those picks; he had nothing to do with them," and if he misses any they'll say, "Mayock can't find talent to save his life; he sucks." Fans are stupid.
Ummm... OK

lawrenceRaider
11-20-2019, 05:39 AM

Trayvon Mullen, 2nd round pick, game sealing INT this past week.

Maxx Crosby, 4th round choice, just had a 4 sack game.

Foster Moreau, 4th round choice, 16 catches, 142 yards, and 4 TDs.

Hunter Renfrow, 5th round choice, 33 catches, 365 yards, and 2 TDs.

Isaiah Johnson, another 4th round choice, just came off IR.

I'd mention Abrams, but since he was a 1st rounder, I guess that it doesn't matter he's been on IR since after week 1.

Also, we had a lot of 4th round picks because Mayock traded down a bunch to gather those picks.

Buckweath
11-20-2019, 08:02 AM

I'd mention Abrams, but since he was a 1st rounder, I guess that it doesn't matter he's been on IR since after week 1.

Also, we had a lot of 4th round picks because Mayock traded down a bunch to gather those picks.

The Raiders had literally double the draft capital of most other teams because of their 3 first round picks.

They had a good draft but it is nothing special at all...yet.

BigRedChief
11-20-2019, 08:46 AM
No matter how you slice it, these last few years of drafts are some of the best that the Raiders have had in years. But, again as its been pointed out. picking at the top of the draft is a lot easier to find better players than at the bottom. So they should be graded on some kind of sliding scale.

MahiMike
11-20-2019, 08:59 AM
That guy thought kizer was the best QB in the 2017 draft.

Pfffffttt!

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2019, 09:00 AM

Max Crosby and Hunter renfro were great picks. I'm not too familiar with the other guys but no doubt they hit on Jacobs,Abrham and Ferrel too.

Skyy God
11-20-2019, 12:56 PM
Max Crosby and Hunter renfro were great picks. I'm not too familiar with the other guys but no doubt they hit on Jacobs,Abrham and Ferrel too.

Ferrell over Allen seems like a big whiff.

And the jury’s still out on Abram’s durability or ability to play S in the modern NFL.

lawrenceRaider
11-20-2019, 02:14 PM

And the jury’s still out on Abram’s durability or ability to play S in the modern NFL.

Agreed, despite Ferrell playing much better in recent weeks.

Kiimo
11-20-2019, 02:42 PM
Josh Allen was can't-miss and then he didn't miss. It was the biggest no-brainer replacement for Mack.

JohnnyHammersticks
11-20-2019, 06:55 PM
Pains me to say, but it looks like a pretty good-not perfect- draft even relative to all the capital they had.

Crosby is a freaking beast. Almost unblockable.

jdubya
11-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Pains me to say, but it looks like a pretty good-not perfect- draft even relative to all the capital they had.

Crosby is a freaking beast. Almost unblockable.

His motor is off the charts but he was/is very raw. Seems the last couple of weeks his technique is improving but again his motor is maddening.

BryanBusby
11-20-2019, 09:57 PM

Ferrell was a classic example of Mike Mayock trying to be the smartest guy in the room so hard that he easily outsmarted himself.

He was a solid TV analyst, but he always had those what the fuck choices where you knew he was out thinking it all.

Chiefshrink
11-20-2019, 10:26 PM
Josh Allen was can't-miss and then he didn't miss. It was the biggest no-brainer replacement for Mack.

Don't know how old you are but Allen is the modern day Bobby Douglas running for more TDs than passing. I just don't see Josh Allen ever becoming a stud drop back passer. Big arm yes, but that is about it besides rushing when in the red zone.

Hoover
11-20-2019, 10:29 PM
You would have to be nuts to think a college DE could become a drop back passer in the NFL!

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2019, 10:35 PM
Don't know how old you are but Allen is the modern day Bobby Douglas running for more TDs than passing. I just don't see Josh Allen ever becoming a stud drop back passer. Big arm yes, but that is about it besides rushing when in the red zone.

:doh!:

jdubya
11-20-2019, 11:48 PM
Mack was a bust the first half of his rookie year too.......until he wasnt

KC Hawks
11-21-2019, 12:07 AM

ROFL

R8RFAN
11-21-2019, 04:20 AM
https://i.ibb.co/R4mZNSF/rook.jpg (https://ibb.co/5xytk90)

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2019, 04:47 AM
Fans that have never seen the team in person....1st

lawrenceRaider
11-21-2019, 05:07 AM
Fans that have never seen the team in person....1st

Only because we are legion and everywhere across the world. Though I have seen the Raiders in person a few times. Two wins and one loss in KC.

lawrenceRaider
11-21-2019, 05:19 AM
Mack was a bust the first half of his rookie year too.......until he wasnt

No, he really wasn't. He was getting a ton of pressure, and stuffing the run. Just wasn't getting home on the sacks. Also getting held a ton, always a sign of a great pass rusher.

Ferrell was doing work on stuffing the run, but you don't take a guy at #4 to stuff the run. His play the last three weeks has been a lot closer to a top ten draft pick with plenty of pressure and some sacks.

Skyy God
11-21-2019, 06:11 AM

Wrong Josh Allen, dipshit.

RealSNR
11-21-2019, 07:27 AM
Entire team is made up of rookies

"Raiders are the first team to get X production out of rookies in ____ first games"

Great job, Raiders. Thanks for participating in the NFL.

Flying High D
11-21-2019, 09:11 AM

He’ll have to get past Foles and Minchew first. Thinking outside the box on this one. Nice, Buffalo might want to try him at DE, who knows? Everything is out the window on this one.

lawrenceRaider
11-21-2019, 09:12 AM
Wrong Josh Allen, dipshit.

Josh Allen's a bad man. Plays DE for the Jags and has 8 sacks. Then also plays QB for the Bills!

Flying High D
11-21-2019, 09:14 AM
Jacksonville is kicking ass in the scouting game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2019, 04:18 PM
Having a bunch of great rookies sucks. What a stupid idea.

staylor26
11-21-2019, 04:34 PM
Jacksonville is kicking ass in the scouting game.

Yea passing up on Mahomes, Watson, AND Lamar Jackson when they didn’t have a QB.

Absolutely killing it!

Kiimo
11-21-2019, 05:08 PM

How did I miss this lol