PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs trading for Frank Clark rumors

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Did a search. Why isn’t this being discussed on here?Rumor mill had been on this for days. Maybe I missed it. If Q insert FU emoji

Latest is that a deal with the Seahawks in place for our first 2nd rounder if they can make a long term deal with Clark.

In NBC Sports Peter King's latest mock draft, the Seahawks and Chiefs will get a deal done involving Frank Clark.

TambaBerry
are you serious?

The Franchise
It's in the FA thread.......

ALL. FUCKING. DAY.

Kiimo
04-22-2019, 05:34 PM
Discussed ad nauseam.

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:35 PM
It's in the FA thread.......

ALL. FUCKING. DAY.fuck mega threads. It deserves its own thread. I’ve never even looked in the FA thread. And it’s a trade. Why would I look in a FA mega thread for trade talk?

CasselGotPeedOn
04-22-2019, 05:36 PM
https://pics.me.me/heres-that-attention-you-ordered-14922290.png

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Wait where’s the link that says a deal is in place for our first second round pick?

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:38 PM
https://pics.me.me/heres-that-attention-you-ordered-14922290.pngFU Noob or mult.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-22-2019, 05:39 PM
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article229560299.html

Will take a first and a second to get this completed

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2019, 05:39 PM
BigRedChief looking for posts about Frank Clark.

https://i.imgur.com/HqheHyu.jpg

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:41 PM

https://i.imgur.com/HqheHyu.jpgsearch for threads. Get your diss right :harumph:

SAUTO
04-22-2019, 05:42 PM
FU Noob or mult.

Well he's not wrong.

jjchieffan
04-22-2019, 05:43 PM
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article229560299.html

Will take a first and a second to get this completed

Screw that. Anything more than a second and they can keep him. If we're giving up a first and a second, then it should be to move up for one of the top edge rushers in this draft.

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Well he's not wrong.FU too mod. This deserves a thread. There wasn’t one. AND just to be clear 4321

saphojunkie
04-22-2019, 05:47 PM
He's right.

It's not free agent news.

And also, fuck you.

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:48 PM
Screw that. Anything more than a second and they can keep him. If we're giving up a first and a second, then it should be to move up for one of the top edge rushers in this draft.every rumor I see is for a 2nd. Even the big national writers like Rapport and King aren’t reporting a deal but are saying the talks are probably for a 2nd rounder now.

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2019, 05:49 PM
Fuck everybody in this thread.

The Franchise
04-22-2019, 05:50 PM
Want to start a thread on it? Cool....go right ahead. But let's not act like it hasn't been discussed on here. Just because some people don't like mega threads....doesn't mean that others aren't fine with them.

Jerok
04-22-2019, 05:50 PM
but who was julio jones

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Fuck everybody in this thread.thats the spirit. ROFL

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2019, 05:52 PM
but who was julio jones
That's Quintorris Lopez "Julio" Jones to you, sir. No fucking wonder you can't figure out who he was.

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:53 PM
Want to start a thread on it? Cool....go right ahead. But let's not act like it hasn't been discussed on here. Just because some people don't like mega threads....doesn't mean that others aren't fine with them.It was a free agent mega thread. This is a rumored trade. Why would you look in a free agent mega thread for trade rumor news to the Chiefs?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
King says it’s just his gut feeling about a trade happening. He’s not even sure it will happen

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
It was a free agent mega thread. This is a rumored trade. Why would you look in a free agent mega thread for a trade?

Could’ve posted it in the draft thread tho

SAUTO
04-22-2019, 05:54 PM
It was a free agent mega thread. This is a rumored trade. Why would you look in a free agent mega thread for trade rumor news to the Chiefs?

It's been in the excited for the draft? thread too...

SAUTO
04-22-2019, 05:54 PM
He's right.

It's not free agent news.

And also, fuck you.

It's in the excited for the draft thread too.

Chief Northman
04-22-2019, 05:55 PM
JFC

TambaBerry
04-22-2019, 05:56 PM
there is no reason to have multiple threads getting started all the time. Why isnt it ok to discuss it in the free agent thread?

TambaBerry
04-22-2019, 05:56 PM
you honestly come to CP and just check to see if a thread is made and then you're like well fuck i am totally shocked that nobody is talking about this.

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:57 PM
Could’ve posted it in the draft thread thoso I need search in a draft mega thread and then search a free agent mega thread and then do a search in Chiefs planet for threads anywhere on Clark? Really? That’s the bar for me to start a thread?

Sassy Squatch
JFC
Don't use our Lord and Savior Patrick Mahomes name in vain, please.

St. Patty's Fire
but who was julio jones

this girl live close to you?

SAUTO
04-22-2019, 05:58 PM
so I need search in a draft mega thread and then search a free agent mega thread and then do a search in Chiefs planet for threads anywhere on Clark? Really? That’s the bar for me to start a thread?

No start threads about things that have been talked about for days and weeks.

Just don't be surprised when more people realize you are an attention whore

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 05:58 PM
you honestly come to CP and just check to see if a thread is made and then you're like well fuck i am totally shocked that nobody is talking about this.exactly. I’m busy today in part putting together fun shit for Chief fans to do at the season opener. So you can FO with your thread shaming too.

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 06:02 PM
No start threads about things that have been talked about for days and weeks.

Just don't be surprised when more people realize you are an attention whoreokay wise guy, why don’t you go check how threads I’ve started in the last 60/90/120 days? Get back to me with my attention whoring number. And tell me how much discussion took place on the subject, just give me and everybody else that number too.

Posters following around other posters and only posting disparaging remarks to their posts is considered harassment on the Planet and a ban worthy offense. But, if your a mod, the rules don’t apply to you.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-22-2019, 06:05 PM
there is no reason to have multiple threads getting started all the time. Why isnt it ok to discuss it in the free agent thread?

This is a specific topic dickweed. It needs it's own thread.

penguinz
04-22-2019, 06:07 PM
Want to start a thread on it? Cool....go right ahead. But let's not act like it hasn't been discussed on here. Just because some people don't like mega threads....doesn't mean that others aren't fine with them.

Go fuck off with your mega threads rock the world bull shit! 😜

penguinz
04-22-2019, 06:08 PM

Just scroll past the fucking thread if you don’t want to read what’s in it. No one forces you to click on it.

TravelingChiefs
04-22-2019, 06:09 PM
So trade rumors for a non-free agent goes in the free agent thread? Makes total sense.

Chief Northman
04-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Don't use our Lord and Savior Patrick Mahomes name in vain, please.

I apologize for my blasphemy. Please forgive me.

Kiimo
04-22-2019, 06:10 PM
I'm more angry about people posting Star articles hidden behind a paywall.

Boycott that shit paper.

tk13
04-22-2019, 06:12 PM
I actually agree that this should probably be it's own thread. Although I often end up tuning out megathreads... but even then, this isn't a free agent move. And this is ChiefsPlanet, should we really be making sure all personnel moves by the team are discussed in a single thread?

booger
04-22-2019, 06:13 PM
This is a specific topic dickweed. It needs it's own thread.

You said it right! Most southern folks screw it up and say dickwheat

Hoover
04-22-2019, 06:14 PM
I’ve been posting it in the Joey Galloway to the Cowboys Mega Thread since it deals with the Seahawks trading a franchises player. Boy don’t I feel stupid....

TambaBerry
04-22-2019, 06:22 PM
the thing about it now that you guys are too easily harmed in reading through a mega thread that now there will be two seperate discussions going on about it.

arrwheader
04-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Mahomes followed him on Twitter for smoke so that CP members would start a thread and ask if we signed this piece of shit yet to drive his price up then down so Veach can trade for him on the cheap.

TimeForWasp
04-22-2019, 06:29 PM
but who was julio jones

Me and hims was down by the school yard.

Easy 6
04-22-2019, 06:36 PM
This place would argue about the color of shit

farmerchief
04-22-2019, 06:37 PM
every rumor I see is for a 2nd. Even the big national writers like Rapport and King aren’t reporting a deal but are saying the talks are probably for a 2nd rounder now. that might be acceptable, if Chiefs could get him to agree to a reasonable contract. No way is he worth a first!

Pablo
04-22-2019, 06:39 PM
This thread is already better than that mega thread.

St. Patty's Fire
04-22-2019, 06:40 PM

Guess someone has never taken a green shit before :rolleyes:

Pablo
04-22-2019, 06:41 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ckid-gJUgAAenJQ.jpg

TambaBerry
04-22-2019, 06:45 PM
everyone who hates megathreads has to be over the age of 60

Pablo
04-22-2019, 06:52 PM
everyone who hates megathreads has to be over the age of 60

Impossible. Nobody is older than planet Earth!/jjchiefsfan

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 06:54 PM
everyone who hates megathreads has to be over the age of 60I created the Cardinals and women clothed/naked mega threads. I’m not opposed to megathreads.

Free agency doesn’t mean trades. Free agency for all the NFL is not a trade to the Chiefs.

St. Patty's Fire
04-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Impossible. Nobody is older than planet Earth!/jjchiefsfan

Speaking of it’s Earth’s 666th birthday today!!! Happy earth day!!!

rabblerouser
04-22-2019, 06:56 PM
but who was julio jones

For get him

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 06:57 PM
Speaking of it’s Earth’s 666th birthday today!!! Happy earth day!!!and off to DC we go .......:)

rabblerouser
04-22-2019, 06:57 PM

Have we signed it yet?

booger
04-22-2019, 06:58 PM

I pooped once and it looked like a huge chartreuse yellow mister twister but it smelled more like Berkeley power bait

FAX
04-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Is this the "Chiefs May Or May Not Try To Work A Deal To Acquire Frank Clark" thread?

Am I in the right place?

FAX

Prison Bitch
04-22-2019, 07:03 PM
What’s wrong with starting a thread on this?

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Is this the "Chiefs May Or May Not Try To Work A Deal To Acquire Frank Clark" thread?

Am I in the right place?

FAXget the Mods to do a thread title change. Put your name on it and Sauto will think it smells like a valley of lilac with sunflowers.

RustShack
If he can be had for a second rounder, go get him. Anything more, forget about it.

Prison Bitch
Have we signed it yet?

No, Spagnulo took his job.

booger
04-22-2019, 07:16 PM
One key watching Ogbah Okafor and Clark highlights is the amount of stunting they did with their previous teams so that will help with the new scheme, it’s nothing new to them

St. Patty's Fire
04-22-2019, 07:17 PM
One key watching Ogbah Okafor and Clark highlights is the amount of stunting they did with their previous teams so that will help with the new scheme, it’s nothing new to them

Was just telling my friend today that I can’t wait to see what kind of stunts we run under Daly and Spags, I expect some reallllly screwey shit that messes with the QB’s head badly. Having experienced guys in that facet will make it even more interesting.

booger
04-22-2019, 07:22 PM
I might try to include Tanoh in a trade with a 2nd instead of another pick next year. It might interest them because they would need depth at DE and Schneider is like Dorsey just loves the athlete type that sometimes never really develops into a football player. Not saying I want to just give him away but if it saves a pick next year. Otherwise I would like to see him under Daly if moving back to DL gives him a spark

patteeu
04-22-2019, 07:23 PM

People who don’t spend as much time here can catch on to a hot topic easier if there’s a thread on the front page about it. They don’t have as much time to stay abreast of the ongoing, generalized and often sidetracked conversations in a megathread.

chiefforlife
This thread has very little to do with Clark and the Chiefs....

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
I might try to include Tanoh in a trade with a 2nd instead of another pick next year. It might interest them because they would need depth at DE and Schneider is like Dorsey just loves the athlete type that sometimes never really develops into a football player. Not saying I want to just give him away but if it saves a pick next year. Otherwise I would like to see him under Daly if moving back to DL gives him a spark

Tanoh has no trade value. He hasn’t done jack shit on the field

Bwana
04-22-2019, 07:24 PM

Drink a half a bottle of Pepto-Bismol and let me know what you see the next morning. :eek:

bigjosh
04-22-2019, 07:25 PM
im relatively excited about this potential trade.

bigjosh
04-22-2019, 07:26 PM

he hit that quarterback that one time really hard and got a penalty.

booger
04-22-2019, 07:26 PM
Was just telling my friend today that I can’t wait to see what kind of stunts we run under Daly and Spags, I expect some reallllly screwey shit that messes with the QB’s head badly. Having experienced guys in that facet will make it even more interesting.

Yeah I hear ya. Like the whole DL plus LBs standing up on the line with nobody with their hand in the dirt in a 3 or 4 pt stance. That’s gonna be fun to watch

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-22-2019, 07:28 PM

Remember that one time Anthony Hitchens was actually good. We all remember

chiefforlife
04-22-2019, 07:32 PM

That was an absolutely, text book perfect sack!! Great stick and should never have been called for a penalty.

At least give the man that...

SAUTO
okay wise guy, why don’t you go check how threads I’ve started in the last 60/90/120 days? Get back to me with my attention whoring number. And tell me how much discussion took place on the subject, just give me and everybody else that number too.

Posters following around other posters and only posting disparaging remarks to their posts is considered harassment on the Planet and a ban worthy offense. But, if your a mod, the rules don’t apply to you.
I'm sure you have plenty of posts in your count since the last time I responded to you. I'd hardly call that following you around.

His point still stands

Iowanian
Football Mega threads are for people who lick their own Missouri wet wipe after the first ass pass

TambaBerry
04-22-2019, 07:33 PM
People who don’t spend as much time here can catch on to a hot topic easier if there’s a thread on the front page about it. They don’t have as much time to stay abreast of the ongoing, generalized and often sidetracked conversations in a megathread.

See this makes sense, finally someone gives a good reason.

booger
04-22-2019, 07:33 PM

Little trade value dipshit. Not zero. Like Murray type value at least. He’s 6-7 280 and has freakish length. He’s been played out of position. If Daly can’t get anything out of him he’s going to get more looks. Other teams liked him coming out. Maybe he would only get a conditional pick in return but he is also on his rookie contract

kccrow
04-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Agree this should have been in it's own thread from the beginning.

Hate any idea of trading for Clark for more than a single 2nd round pick, and even then it would piss me off that the Chiefs were willing to pay Clark and waste draft capital on him when they very well could have just kept Justin Houston. Stupid.

Baby Lee
04-22-2019, 07:36 PM
but who was julio jones

That's Quintorris Lopez "Julio" Jones to you, sir. No fucking wonder you can't figure out who he was.

I dunno, but if IIRC there was no place he'd rather be than right here right nooooowwwwww!!

TimBone
04-22-2019, 07:39 PM

https://i.imgur.com/HqheHyu.jpgLMAO

Buckweath
04-22-2019, 07:52 PM
Agree this should have been in it's own thread from the beginning.

Hate any idea of trading for Clark for more than a single 2nd round pick, and even then it would piss me off that the Chiefs were willing to pay Clark and waste draft capital on him when they very well could have just kept Justin Houston. Stupid.
Thank you.

I myself might be willing to offer also a lower pick but nothing more and not giving that dumbass the same contract D. Lawrence got.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Thank you.

I myself might be willing to offer also a lower pick but nothing more and not giving that dumbass the same contract D. Lawrence got.

Well the reports are that Clark would receive a very similar contract to Lawrence. Hopefully Veach plays it safe and just goes into the draft with what he has.

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 07:56 PM
I'm sure you have plenty of posts in your count since the last time I responded to you. I'd hardly call that following you around.

His point still standsmy point still stands. And it concerns more than you and me.

It’s not that you respond to all my posts. It’s when you respond it’s only to deride, disparage and talk shit about me. Go look, 99% of the time. It’s easily searchable. That’s against the TOS. Yet, your a mod. So there are different rules for you. If anyone else did what you are doing. They get a warning, then a ban if you kept it up.

You need to follow the same TOS as everyone. And if you won’t, other mods need to tell you to back the fuck off.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2019, 07:59 PM
What does Dindu Nuffins think of this trade?

SAUTO
04-22-2019, 08:05 PM
my point still stands. And it concerns more than you and me.

It’s not that you respond to all my posts. It’s when you respond it’s only to deride, disparage and talk shit about me. Go look, 99% of the time. It’s easily searchable. That’s against the TOS. Yet, your a mod. So there are different rules for you. If anyone else did what you are doing. They get a warning, then a ban if you kept it up.

You need to follow the same TOS as everyone. And if you won’t, other mods need to tell you to back the fuck off.
All I said was "he's not wrong"...I guess I could delete my post quoting you and quote his with a response.

Would that make you feel better?

Bump
04-22-2019, 08:06 PM
**** mega threads. It deserves its own thread. I’ve never even looked in the FA thread. And it’s a trade. Why would I look in a FA mega thread for trade talk?

I'm with ya there, mega threads are lame. I know they do mega threads on certain other sites to prevent people talking about certain things and if they do it's buried in a mega thread for very limited visibility. That's not the case here, but that's what some huge sites use them for.

FAX
04-22-2019, 08:08 PM

Mr. patteeu's statement on the subject coincides with my sentiments, exactly.

FAX

SAUTO
04-22-2019, 08:09 PM
And FTR BRC I've done nothing close to ban worthy. Calling you an idiot once a week (at the most) isn't ban worthy. Not even close.

FAX
04-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Football Mega threads are for people who lick their own Missouri wet wipe after the first ass pass

Damn, dude ...

Not all of us are from Iowania.

FAX

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Damn, dude ...

Not all of us are from Iowania.

FAXbut, on a side note.... you’d be really good shape and flexible to pull that off.

Coach
04-22-2019, 08:54 PM
No thanks. I'd rather keep the picks we have and utilize it anyways.

Simply Red
04-22-2019, 08:57 PM
No thanks. I'd rather keep the picks we have and utilize it anyways.

this is where I'm at, I think.

saphojunkie
04-22-2019, 09:12 PM
This is happening. Prepare thy anus.

RealSNR
04-22-2019, 09:13 PM
Fuck megathreads.

Fuck the Seahawks.

Fuck Peter King.

Fuck Dindu Nuffins.

Fuck Vince Agnew.

rabblerouser
04-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Have we traded for this piece of shit yet?

Strongside
04-22-2019, 09:25 PM
If we have to give up a 1 for what would amount to the equivalent of the guy we just traded and the guy we cut, then this would be a stupid fucking trade.

cabletech94
04-22-2019, 09:26 PM
only a 3rd round pick. no more, no less.

eff it. wait til after the draft. keep all this years pics.

hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

Willie Lanier
04-22-2019, 09:33 PM
This is the peak season for misinformation everyone; please react accordingly...

RealSNR
04-22-2019, 09:33 PM
this is where I'm at, I think.

https://www.awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/good-bitch-or-bad-bitch-wizard-of-oz.gif

bringbackmarty
04-22-2019, 09:57 PM
Pass, unless all we risk is a single second round pick and maybe a late round pick. The Ford trade set this market. No reason to miss out on a decent corner or miss a trade up for one of the top 15 picks.

Direckshun
04-22-2019, 10:03 PM
I'd do it.

This is our window, guys. We're in it.

UChieffyBugger
04-22-2019, 10:03 PM
The fact is getting a rookie defender at pick 29 and expecting them to perform in their debut season on a team that is superbowl favourites is asking a lot. Clark is a 25 year old double digit sack artist who also has playoff experience with the potential to get better under the guidance of our new coaching staff. He got exactly the same amount of sacks as Ford last year yes, but he's also two years younger, is better against the run and has a much better injury record. So with this in mind surely yall can see that paying a guy like Clark over Dee makes much more sense?

BossChief
04-22-2019, 10:17 PM
If they are going to trade multiple premium picks, then they should give up both of next years 2s or a 2 and 3 next year. Maybe a 3 this year and a 2 next year. If Clark is a win now move, then we need to keep as many picks in this years draft as possible to further bolster this roster to win now.

It’s crazy, but if Clowney was the guy they were rumored to be in the works to trade for, I wouldn’t mind the compensation talk as much. I think Clark is overrated and won’t be as good in KC after getting a payday. That’s not even talking about the liability he is off the field. I think Clowney would be elite in this defense.

FAX
04-22-2019, 10:19 PM
The fact is getting a rookie defender at pick 29 and expecting them to perform in their debut season on a team that is superbowl favourites is asking a lot. Clark is a 25 year old double digit sack artist who also has playoff experience with the potential to get better under the guidance of our new coaching staff. He got exactly the same amount of sacks as Ford last year yes, but he's also two years younger, is better against the run and has a much better injury record. So with this in mind surely yall can see that paying a guy like Clark over Dee makes much more sense?

Good point ...

FAX

ModSocks
04-22-2019, 10:21 PM
I'd support it for a pair of 2nd's. This year and next.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-22-2019, 10:24 PM

Absolutely. Over HALF of 2nd rounders turn out to be absolute dog Shit.

BossChief
04-22-2019, 10:26 PM

I guess that would depend on the contract demands.

If the deal is similar to Dee Fords, I could live with it. If it’s like Demarcus Lawrence...I’d pause.

<iframe src="https://overthecap.com/contract-embed/2973/" width="600" height="336" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

That kind of trade and compensation would need to be for a “sure thing” not a guy that has as many question marks as Clark does.

wazu
04-22-2019, 10:32 PM
Alright, you mega-thread douchebags: This definitely deserved it's own thread.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-22-2019, 10:50 PM
Have we traded for this piece of shit yet?

In this case, "piece of shit" is perfectly applicable and non-offensive.

And another thing for the thread bitchers:

Stop having new threads from the lounge sent automatically to your fucking Inbox. Scroll the front page, choose what you want to read, bypass the things you DON'T want to read, and shut the fuck up about starting new threads.

Don't pretend you don't have time in the day to look at the front and second page. Every one of you practically fucking LIVE here.

Tired of this bullshit.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-22-2019, 10:52 PM

Stop having new threads from the lounge sent automatically to your fucking Inbox. Scroll the front page, choose what you want to read, bypass the things you DON'T want to read, and shut the fuck up about starting new threads.

Don't pretend you don't have time in the day to look at the front and second page. Every one of you practically fucking LIVE here.

Tired of this bullshit.

Unsubscribed!

Warrick
04-22-2019, 10:55 PM
frank clark rumors & ryan's draft board
https://youtu.be/vePDmIR90lk

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-22-2019, 10:59 PM
Unsubscribed!

LMAO

rabblerouser
04-22-2019, 11:00 PM
https://zippy.gfycat.com/TanLimpFinch.webm

rabblerouser
04-22-2019, 11:01 PM

Stop having new threads from the lounge sent automatically to your ****ing Inbox. Scroll the front page, choose what you want to read, bypass the things you DON'T want to read, and shut the **** up about starting new threads.

Don't pretend you don't have time in the day to look at the front and second page. Every one of you practically ****ing LIVE here.

Tired of this bullshit.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/SkeletalSatisfiedAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam.webm

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-22-2019, 11:02 PM
WTF???? LMAO

BigRedChief
04-22-2019, 11:12 PM
Alright, you mega-thread douchebags: This definitely deserved it's own thread.thanks for your support. I’ll be passing around the collection plate later. Sermon this week is on arrogance and righteous.

rabblerouser
04-22-2019, 11:29 PM
WTF???? LMAO

Hugs, not drugs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-22-2019, 11:34 PM
Hugs, not drugs.

If I have to step in that room, I'm slamming a speedball first.

It is what it is.

rabblerouser
04-23-2019, 12:02 AM

It is what it is.

LMAO
ROFL

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2019, 12:04 AM
This is happening. Prepare thy anus.

The Chiefs are invoking the spirit of Carl Peterson?

dlphg9
04-23-2019, 12:25 AM
Some national guy was on with Carrington saying that it would take our first and one of our 2nds to get him. Fuck that shit. Give up a 1st, 2nd, and huge contract for a guy with domestic violence issues. His contract would probably mean no Tyreek Hill extension.

Bump
04-23-2019, 12:56 AM
If we trade for him, it is what it is. I have no control over it.

FAX
04-23-2019, 12:58 AM

And that, Mr. Bump, is the kind of ambivalence that gave us Instant Gluten Free Grits.

FAX

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-23-2019, 02:17 AM
Some national guy was on with Carrington saying that it would take our first and one of our 2nds to get him. **** that shit. Give up a 1st, 2nd, and huge contract for a guy with domestic violence issues. His contract would probably mean no Tyreek Hill extension.

Yes Albert Breer who I’ve been saying

04-23-2019, 03:16 AM
What’s wrong with starting a thread on this?

Absolutely nothing.

Couch-Potato
04-23-2019, 04:08 AM
Rotoworld reporting that SEA wants the #3 pick for Clark? Wha!? Who the fuck is this guy? Hadn't heard of him until a couple weeks ago lol

Mecca
04-23-2019, 04:59 AM
Clark is viewed around the league as a significantly better player than Ford is. It's an upgrade and probably does take a 1 to make it happen.

TwistedChief
04-23-2019, 05:08 AM
Rotoworld reporting that SEA wants the #3 pick for Clark? Wha!? Who the fuck is this guy? Hadn't heard of him until a couple weeks ago lol

This isn’t entirely accurate. The Jets are interested in Clark. Seattle wants a first. The Jets first is the 3rd pick. The Jets don’t have a second.

So yes, they want the 3rd pick in the draft, but no one on the planet thinks they’ll get it.

chiefzilla1501
04-23-2019, 05:37 AM
I really won't like trading a first. We can move up and draft a quality starter, and use the $20m for something better. If we can't find ways to spend it this offseason, then frontload the hell out of an extension. If not tyreek, then Chris jones. Frankly, I'd rather use a second rounder to trade up considering the talent in this draft.

rabblerouser
04-23-2019, 05:57 AM
https://zippy.gfycat.com/TanLimpFinch.webm

It is what it is.

And that, Mr. Bump, is the kind of ambivalence that gave us Instant Gluten Free Grits.

FAX

And we've gone from a possible trade for this piece of shit, to Hank Hill, to slamming arm heroin, to resignation over the possible trade, to Instant Gluten Free Grits.

The circle is complete. I love this place.

RealSNR
04-23-2019, 06:23 AM
I'd do it.

This is our window, guys. We're in it.

We're not the Rams defense. We didn't sign Aqib Talib, and as good as Chris Jones is, he's not Aaron Donald.

We trade for Frank Clark and where does that put our defense? How many rankings does that improve us? Do we crack top 20? I doubt it.

I'd just rather take the mulligan on defense and improve it towards the future instead of fucking around with it and having next to nothing for Pat's entire career.

Mecca
04-23-2019, 06:27 AM
I really won't like trading a first. We can move up and draft a quality starter, and use the $20m for something better. If we can't find ways to spend it this offseason, then frontload the hell out of an extension. If not tyreek, then Chris jones. Frankly, I'd rather use a second rounder to trade up considering the talent in this draft.

20 guys have 1st round grades so what is this talent you are speaking of...

loochy
04-23-2019, 06:36 AM
I'm REALLY not excited about giving up draft picks just to be able to pay someone $20 million. F that.

warrior
04-23-2019, 06:40 AM
I'm REALLY not excited about giving up draft picks just to be able to pay someone $20 million. F that.

Agreed plenty of talent you can get with a five year option and lot cheaper with no DV issues.
They'll be more veterans/ talent released after the draft.
Pay your own draft your own

Red Dawg
04-23-2019, 06:43 AM

Same here.

Mecca
04-23-2019, 06:44 AM
It's fine to say that in theory, but it's not Madden. There's a better chance picking where the Chiefs pick that at best they end up with solid starters and scrubs than a star.

loochy
04-23-2019, 06:46 AM
It's fine to say that in theory, but it's not Madden. There's a better chance picking where the Chiefs pick that at best they end up with solid starters and scrubs than a star.

Good. We need several solid starters more than we need a star, IMO.

FAX
04-23-2019, 06:46 AM

If we walk out of the draft with 3 starters, I'll impregnate someone. Maybe even myself.

FAX

ChiTown
04-23-2019, 06:48 AM
If we walk out of the draft with 3 starters, I'll impregnate someone. Maybe even myself.

FAX

ROFL

In......well, not in FAX, but you know what I mean

Mecca
04-23-2019, 06:49 AM

FAX

I meant at 29...

If you value pass rusher as the top need, I'd move 29 for Clark, he's better than anything you can draft there and he's 25.

Then if you can draft well in 2 and 3 it works out.

tmax63
04-23-2019, 07:04 AM
I can see #29 for him. He's a sure thing so to speak. The bust factor risk has been eliminated. The money is the big thing and they probably figured out how to pay Ford the tag price if they couldn't work a trade so that's taken care of. It does say "win now". Adding free agent help to all 3 levels of the defense and drafting for replacements for the short term contracts makes sense on paper for winning now and the future.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 07:12 AM

FAX

What FAX said. Solid starters are where we're at and what we need right now. I'll take solid starters, this defensive coaching staff and Mahomes over any other arrangement in the NFL right now.

Our inability to put the brakes on a shoot-out was the only thing that kept us from going undefeated last year. Our defense was THAT fucking shitty. And we were THAT close to winning it all.

If I'm Mahomes, my prime concern is keeping the opponent under 21 at best, under 31 at worst, so I can go out, rock my 4 to 5 TD's a game, and go home a winner.

Lzen
04-23-2019, 07:18 AM
Just reading the first several posts and some of you guys are ridiculous. So what if this was discussed in the FA mega thread. Some people don't have the time to hang around looking through mega threads every day. It's the offseason. BRC can start this thread if he wants. If you don't like it, don't read it and don't post in it.

loochy
04-23-2019, 07:22 AM
Just reading the first several posts and some of you guys are ridiculous. So what if this was discussed in the FA mega thread. Some people don't have the time to hang around looking through mega threads every day. It's the offseason. BRC can start this thread if he wants. If you don't like it, don't read it and don't post in it.<br />
<br />
It's not looking through mega threads. It's not buried. It's on the last page and it's the topic du jour in that thread.

Lzen
04-23-2019, 07:23 AM
It's not looking through mega threads. It's on the last page.

Meh, I don't even go in there so I wouldn't have seen that. I prefer it to be separate news. So what? It's not hurting anything to have a thread just for this.

TambaBerry
04-23-2019, 07:29 AM
now we have three separate conversations going on about it lol

loochy
04-23-2019, 07:30 AM
Meh, I don't even go in there so I wouldn't have seen that. I prefer it to be separate news. So what? It's not hurting anything to have a thread just for this.

It hurt me a lot. DO YOU SEE THIS TERRIBLE BRUISE AND SWELLING ON MY ARM?!?!? That's from this thread.

patteeu
04-23-2019, 07:34 AM
<br />
<br />
It's not looking through mega threads. It's not buried. It's on the last page and it's the topic du jour in that thread.

It's easy to follow megathreads if you read every post. Many people don't. And when you dip into a megathread, you're as likely to find the overdone, board-wide argument of the moment raging (e.g. Alex Smith) as you are to pick up on the latest news.

Here's a basic truth about message boards. Threads are more likely to remain on topic in the first few dozen posts than they are later in their life when hundreds of posts have accumulated. Megathreads drift all over the place, especially when they're based on a broad topic instead of a specific one to begin with.

BigRedChief
04-23-2019, 07:40 AM

FAXIf there was ever a year to stay put, its this one. Picking at the bottom. Deep defensive draft. Why couldn't we get 3 defensive starters?

We get this guy for a 2nd, sure why not. Spend some money on the guy. Otherwise, stay put and take your 3 defensive starters.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 07:41 AM
Megathreads suck dick all day for several reasons, the most annoying being that they go off course to the tune of two to three or more pages, so you have to plow through a bunch of bullshit to find what you are looking for.

If you get a thread link in your email and feel the need to exclaim "OMG why am I getting this don't we already have a thread for this"(?!?!?!?!), you might want to re-think your priorities in life.

Or go fist yourself.

I'm good with either option.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 07:42 AM
Or ignore the email?

Walk the fuck on?

Get a life?

Sassy Squatch
04-23-2019, 07:43 AM
Interesting discussion about Mr. Clark going on in here.

rabblerouser
04-23-2019, 07:45 AM

FAX

LMAO
ROFLROFL

chiefzilla1501
04-23-2019, 07:47 AM
20 guys have 1st round grades so what is this talent you are speaking of...

Not all first round guys will wind up in the top 25. And I am not opposed to trading up.

Keep in mind.... We are not only trading a first rounder and potentially something else. We are also trading away the $20m that could be spent elsewhere.

I'd rather have the picks and $20m monopoly money. I'll be very disappointed if we lose our first rounder.

rabblerouser
04-23-2019, 07:48 AM
Megathreads suck dick all day for several reasons, the most annoying being that they go off course to the tune of two to three or more pages, so you have to plow through a bunch of bullshit to find what you are looking for.

If you get a thread link in your email and feel the need to exclaim "OMG why am I getting this don't we already have a thread for this"(?!?!?!?!), you might want to re-think your priorities in life.

Or go fist yourself.

I'm good with either option.
Or go impregnate yourself, with arm heroin.

I'm fine with any of the above.

Except fuck paying this POS $20m AND giving up a premium draft pick.

TambaBerry
04-23-2019, 07:50 AM
"megathreads suck ass they get off topic" This thread is over half of the replies bitching about megathreads

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 07:51 AM
Or go impregnate yourself, with arm heroin.

I'm fine with any of the above.

Except fuck paying this POS $20m AND giving up a premium draft pick.

I can do BOTH of these.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 07:53 AM
"megathreads suck ass they get off topic" This thread is over half of the replies bitching about megathreads

There are currently TWO topics under discussion here. THREE if you count BRC and SAUTO hashing out their harassment issues.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 07:56 AM
Interesting discussion about Mr. Clark going on in here.

Well how many fucking times can we give our opinion on either trading or not trading for this piece of shit?

Okay:

"I am against this trade for the reported compensation which Seattle is requesting, and also because this guy likes to decorate the ladies faces with blood".

Now, If you'd like me to repeat that 20 more times throughout the course of this thread, just copy and paste the above and keep yourself entertained to your heart's delight.

Red Dawg
04-23-2019, 08:01 AM
Can we talk about the Wall now?

loochy
04-23-2019, 08:04 AM

Hey, walls work.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 08:14 AM

All in all?

rabblerouser
04-23-2019, 08:16 AM
I can do BOTH of these.

Multi-talented!

rabblerouser
04-23-2019, 08:16 AM
All in all?

Is all we are?

BigRedChief
04-23-2019, 08:19 AM
I'd rather have the picks and $20m monopoly money. I'll be very disappointed if we lose our first rounder.Still disappointed if its for Peterson?

Rausch
04-23-2019, 08:22 AM
Well how many ****ing times can we give our opinion on either trading or not trading for this piece of shit?

Okay:

"I am against this trade for the reported compensation which Seattle is requesting, and also because this guy likes to decorate the ladies faces with blood".

Now, If you'd like me to repeat that 20 more times throughout the course of this thread, just copy and paste the above and keep yourself entertained to your heart's delight.

This.

I'd prefer to offer more for one of the proven CB's we could trade for (who don't box their women...)

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 08:28 AM
This.

I'd prefer to offer more for one of the proven CB's we could trade for (who don't box their women...)

Agreed. Give me PP or one of the Minn. CB's and go get a good DE.

wazu
04-23-2019, 08:29 AM
Well how many fucking times can we give our opinion on either trading or not trading for this piece of shit?

Okay:

This is my stance as well, so if you could please keep repeating it ad nauseam I'll know I can check out of this thread and everything will be in good hands.

Rausch
04-23-2019, 08:31 AM
Agreed. Give me PP or one of the Minn. CB's and go get a good DE.

And PP is actually solid (Giggidy!) on and off the field.

Plus chemistry with Badger and wanting a long term contract...

Redbled
04-23-2019, 08:34 AM
Well how many ****ing times can we give our opinion on either trading or not trading for this piece of shit?

Okay:

How anyone could be ok bringing on another known abuser is baffling. I see zero chance we do that. You don't get rid of Hunt and discuss dealing Hill only to bring on this guy who seems like a real piece of work even aside from the abuse issues. Being way to expensive and to much compensation makes this deal off the table that much more.

Lzen
04-23-2019, 08:36 AM
...And when you dip into a megathread, you're as likely to find the overdone, board-wide argument of the moment raging (e.g. Alex Smith) as you are to pick up on the latest news...

Another reason I hate megathreads. There is almost always a childish back and forth between 2 or more posters about some stupid beef.

TambaBerry
04-23-2019, 08:37 AM
Another reason I hate megathreads. There is almost always a childish back and forth between 2 or more posters about some stupid beef.

that happens in your beloved non megathreads too see both of the new ones just created

Lzen
04-23-2019, 08:41 AM
that happens in your beloved non megathreads too see both of the new ones just created

Are you just trying to piss me off? Okay, let's meet outside and settles this, man to man. :#

Yeah, I don't like the idea of bringing in an abuser. And it's especially dubious if they're talking about a high draft pick (or two?)

patteeu
04-23-2019, 08:46 AM

All threads get derailed eventually and the longer they go on the more likely they are to get derailed. That's not an argument against creating new threads on specific topics. In fact, it's an argument to create them more often.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 08:51 AM
And PP is actually solid (Giggidy!) on and off the field.

Plus chemistry with Badger and wanting a long term contract...

Man, Peterson would be SO fucking solid as a player and leader for our defense. He's a class act and worthy of a long-term contract. I fucking HATE that Arizona is all but holding him hostage down there on that WASTE of a team.

Bugeater
04-23-2019, 09:46 AM
This is a Chiefs board. Chiefs related topics should have their own threads. End of story.

Chris Meck
04-23-2019, 09:51 AM
We say "fuck no" to signing this piece of shit yet?

LOL

BigRedChief
04-23-2019, 11:32 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Seahawks?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Seahawks</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1120741423890956289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

patteeu
04-23-2019, 11:35 AM
Ouch. I hope that 2020 2nd rounder is one Seattle is giving back, but it probably isn’t.

BigRedChief
04-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Ouch. I hope that 2020 2nd rounder is one Seattle is giving back, but it probably isn’t.seems kind of heavy on the compensation. Assuming a new deal is a part of him signing with us and the trade.

04-23-2019, 01:16 PM
I like the idea of Clark but those trade terms are horrendous. Losing this year's first is too much for the guy.

This fucker better light shit on fire this year.

TLO
04-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Can you start one of these threads for Patrick Peterson next.

BigRedChief
04-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Can you start one of these threads for Patrick Peterson next.ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 01:38 PM
I like the idea of Clark but those trade terms are horrendous. Losing this year's first is too much for the guy.

This fucker better light shit on fire this year.

Pretty much my stance. I don't know about you, but I feel like I've given Veach a LOT of support( some of which was probably not deserved )in hopes that he would get better at his job, even out on the highs and lows, and develop the kind of strong, steady management that this team needs.

But he keeps giving away the house while reaping minimum compensation to the point that I don't think he has any "killer" in him. Like little old me with my 5 years of right hand man business experience could walk him in to a conference room and just rape the FUCK outta' that guy until he couldn't walk anymore.

His picks from last year need to show some output and benefit in our defense this year, some more than others. And assuming we even attend day 2 of the draft and beyond, his picks from here on out need to hit at a minimum of 45% success, which is where Dorsey was at when he left.

In short, his game is lacking and he needs to turn it on and turn it around. He needs to produce.

04-23-2019, 01:49 PM
Pretty much my stance. I don't know about you, but I feel like I've given Veach a LOT of support( some of which was probably not deserved )in hopes that he would get better at his job, even out on the highs and lows, and develop the kind of strong, steady management that this team needs.

But he keeps giving away the house while reaping minimum compensation to the point that I don't think he has any "killer" in him. Like little old me with my 5 years of right hand man business experience could walk him in to a conference room and just rape the FUCK outta' that guy until he couldn't walk anymore.

His picks from last year need to show some output and benefit in our defense this year, some more than others. And assuming we even attend day 2 of the draft and beyond, his picks from here on out need to hit at a minimum of 45% success, which is where Dorsey was at when he left.

In short, his game is lacking and he needs to turn it on and turn it around. He needs to produce.I've got a couple of friends going apeshit over this trade as if it's the best thing the team has done. I'm just sitting here shaking my head, not saying a damn thing while they text away about.

I'm so damned tired of the chiefs giving up multiple picks to obtain players while basically giving away our players. It's not that I didn't agree with cutting ties with most of them, but the value we got in return was garbage.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2019, 02:06 PM
I've got a couple of friends going apeshit over this trade as if it's the best thing the team has done. I'm just sitting here shaking my head, not saying a damn thing while they text away about.

I'm so damned tired of the chiefs giving up multiple picks to obtain players while basically giving away our players. It's not that I didn't agree with cutting ties with most of them, but the value we got in return was garbage.

It's like we'e running an annual fire sale with our ass cheeks spread wide open but when WE need a player, Veach goes a' groveling with his beggars cup in hand and we look weak as fuck. EVERY TIME.

You know what? Fuck it. We survived Carl and Peeholi, and we'll survive this one too. AND his little dumbassed minions! LMAO

tmax63
04-23-2019, 04:05 PM
Did I hear something about a trade????????????

BigRedChief
04-23-2019, 04:13 PM
Did I hear something about a trade????????????you heard it here first. Stay tuned for my Peterson thread tomorrow.