PDA

View Full Version : Football Maybe its time to admit some really stupid people run football teams

Mecca
04-29-2019, 03:05 PM
[Lane]The Espn Arizona guy was just on Wqam and said Rosen had outside interests that some people were concerned about. When asked like what he answered “environmentalism. He’s really into the environment. He asked adidas to make his shoe out of recycled plastics”.

So we have a league that is ok with domestic violence but god damn it you better not care about the environment.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-29-2019, 03:06 PM
This better be a fucking joke

rabblerouser
04-29-2019, 03:07 PM
This better be a ****ing joke

You know it's not.

It's the fucking Cardinals.

St. Patty's Fire
04-29-2019, 03:07 PM
This is from the Onion, right?

Mecca
04-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Nah it's true.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2019, 03:08 PM
What isn't anyone boycotting the Steelers or Ravens for certain players they had on their teams??

Mecca
04-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Chris long was getting into some healthy (actually healthy) debate with some followers on twitter the other day about all the weird shit that Rosen seems to take. Said he wasn't sure how much of it was legitimate specific anti-semitism vs a general feeling of resentment against an affluent intelligent young man who doesn't fit a popular narrative about a hardscrabble underdog who eats and breathes football.

Apparently Rosen is from a jewish family but he's actually atheist and people hate him for this also.

kcclone
04-29-2019, 03:11 PM
[Lane]The Espn Arizona guy was just on Wqam and said Rosen had outside interests that some people were concerned about. When asked like what he answered “environmentalism. He’s really into the environment. He asked adidas to make his shoe out of recycled plastics”.

So we have a league that is ok with domestic violence but god damn it you better not care about the environment.

Regardless of what this guy said, they traded him because he sucks and KK sees Murray as a better option.

And likely the "environment" excuse is a euphemism for "he's a weirdo and his teammates don't relate to him"

Mecca
04-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Regardless of what this guy said, they traded him because he sucks and KK sees Murray as a better option.

And likely the "environment" excuse is a euphemism for "he's a weirdo and his teammates don't relate to him"

It is still a really stupid fucking thing to say.

St. Patty's Fire
04-29-2019, 03:20 PM

I can definitely envision him being weirdly aggressive about his environmentalism and getting on everyone’s nerves LMAO

Mecca
04-29-2019, 03:22 PM
I can definitely envision him being weirdly aggressive about his environmentalism and getting on everyone’s nerves LMAO

Bah god you monster how dare you want to save the enviroment!

Halfcan
04-29-2019, 03:23 PM
A soon to be recycled Qb is into recycling. Irony.

TwistedChief
04-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Nah it's true.

You told me earlier you'd be excited to root for a team whose star had molested and tortured children.

sedated
04-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Who was the QB that a team didn't want to draft because he might have been "too smart" and came from an affluent family?

Titty Meat
04-29-2019, 03:25 PM
You told me earlier you'd be excited to root for a team whose star had molested and tortured children.

Gross but probably true. He's in every thread defending domestic violence.

TwistedChief
04-29-2019, 03:30 PM

I imagine it's hard to run a football team when your fans defend Tyreek Hill to the death but vehemently argue for someone like Eric Berry to be burned on the cross.

TwistedChief
04-29-2019, 03:32 PM

Oh, and to be clear, he said it. Not paraphrasing. Question was asked and answered straight up.

L.A. Chieffan
04-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Chris long was getting into some healthy (actually healthy) debate with some followers on twitter the other day about all the weird shit that Rosen seems to take. Said he wasn't sure how much of it was legitimate specific anti-semitism vs a general feeling of resentment against an affluent intelligent young man who doesn't fit a popular narrative about a hardscrabble underdog who eats and breathes football.

Apparently Rosen is from a jewish family but he's actually atheist and people hate him for this also.

I like Rosen a lot more now.

St. Patty's Fire
04-29-2019, 03:36 PM
Bah god you monster how dare you want to save the enviroment!

Yeah it’s good I know but come on you gotta admit there’s always that guy that’s way too into it.

Like a weird character in Seinfeld type guy

Not saying that’s Rosen or anything more just that it’s funny to picture lol

Kiimo
04-29-2019, 03:41 PM
“I try to put everything into perspective,” Rosen tells The MMQB. “If I’m bummed I’m getting traded by the Arizona Cardinals, I try to think I’m living in an awesome condo in the middle of Scottsdale. I’m on a team, I have food on my table, a good family. Life could be a lot worse, so you count your blessings and try to put good energy out into the world.”

Larry Fitzgerald, the Cardinals’ future Hall of Famer, had given him perspective. They talked almost every day this offseason, and they huddled before the draft. Rosen wants to keep what was said in that moment private.

It’s Groundhog Day for Josh Rosen: He’s a rookie again, with the benefit of experience. Looking back, he saw some opportunities to mentor other players in Arizona that he let slip. He wants to fix that. “There are little moments where you can step up and be a leader and help a guy,” he says.

“I think some people take this chance for granted and think it will last forever,” Rosen continues. “I got a little newsflash after Year One: You’ve really got to give it absolutely everything you’ve got every day, because this game is fleeting.”

This is a guy who has CHARACTER ISSUES?

I feel like Rosen may be Private Joker and all these red-faced football coaches are Sgt. Hartman.

What is your major malfunction, environmentalist??

Miami coach came out today and said that they could draft a QB next year. Even the team that just traded for Rosen is already letting him know he has no safety net. Coaches are idiots. They protect Matt Cassell’s feelings by not drafting Russell Wilson but Rosen who has played like five games is on notice. So annoying.

kcclone
04-29-2019, 03:55 PM
It is still a really stupid ****ing thing to say.

I take it you're an environmentalist, which is perfectly fine, but like I said, a below average QB, on a losing team, preaching environmentalism probably doesn't go over well in a NFL locker room.

And like I said, the radio guy was probably just passing off what he had heard, which is likely coach speak for "he doesn't fit well in the locker room".

QB's have the highest bar of anyone on the team, as far as needing to be liked or at least respected, so they can lead. If he had blown up last year, you wouldn't hear a peep about his interest in the environment being a problem.

If you start being different, or preach-y, you better be a baller, especially at QB.

If this was an offensive lineman, you wouldn't hear about it, nor would his teammates care.

It's probably 85% related to his play, and 15% related to fitting in.

Rain Man
04-29-2019, 04:04 PM
I can see environmentalism being a problem.

"Hey, guys. Guys. You can wear these uniforms twice before washing them."

"Don't throw that Gatorade bucket on him! Do you know that African women have to walk five miles to get Gatorade?"

"Who's leaving candy wrappers in the stairwell?"

Rain Man
04-29-2019, 04:06 PM
"I know that the Giants run a different defense than the Cowboys, but it still seems like we could recycle our game plan."

Rain Man
04-29-2019, 04:07 PM
"Every time you spike the ball, it damages the grass and takes two weeks to regrow. Two weeks!"

Rain Man
04-29-2019, 04:09 PM
"Did you know that our starting defensive line consumes more than 250 pounds of beef per year? If we switched them to a Mediterranean diet of olives and pasta, we could considerably cut down on the amount of crops required to support them."

Rain Man
04-29-2019, 04:10 PM
"Does Mr. Bidwell ever think about the carbon footprint required to air condition this stadium? It's ridiculous."

Rain Man
04-29-2019, 04:12 PM
"A grass field? In Arizona? Are you kidding me? Do you people know ANYTHING about xeriscaping?"

Skyy God
04-29-2019, 04:13 PM
Michael Bidwell is a silver spoon, anti-free speech blowhard. His only talent was winning the sperm lottery.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24063091/arizona-cardinals-president-michael-bidwill-says-players-restrict-statements-game-days

Pablo
04-29-2019, 04:13 PM
Rosen seems like the kind of guy that kneels for the anthem. Piece of shit.

Mecca
04-29-2019, 04:14 PM
Rain mans Josh Rosen crazy environmentalist stuff is cracking me up.

Rain Man
"Time out, ref! Time out! Hey, you! Section 116, Row 3, Seat 14. Is that a plastic straw? Are you TRYING to kill the whales, man?"

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!

He hates Trump as well

Rain Man
04-29-2019, 04:17 PM
"All I'm saying, coach, is that we should reconsider flying to Los Angeles for the Rams game. It's a two-day bike ride, tops."

Skyy God
04-29-2019, 04:21 PM

You should root for the Chargers.

Phillis Rivers seems more up your alley.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2019, 04:36 PM
If Mahomes was an environmentalist, everyone would be cool with it.

Winners get to do whatever the hell they want

CaliforniaChief
04-29-2019, 04:37 PM
It seems like Rosen is set up for failure now. How's he supposed to read defenses, call adjustments, and go through his progressions when he'll literally be able to hear the rising waters of the Atlantic Ocean lapping up against the stadium walls?

Easy 6
04-29-2019, 04:49 PM
Flores already talking about taking another QB is a very shitty thing to do... you have a 1st round talent, why not try to build him up?

That said, the “aloof” or “weird” tag has been following the kid for a while now... the last thing anyone wants is another Jay Cutler

rabblerouser
04-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Oh, and to be clear, he said it. Not paraphrasing. Question was asked and answered straight up.

Wow.

No words...just that there's a line, and he jumped right across it.

chiefzilla1501
04-29-2019, 04:55 PM
I dunno. Maybe the media just has something out for him. But his positions seem progressive so that can't be it. There just seems to be a lot of smoke about him being obnoxiously outspoken. Im sure az was annoyed by probably tons of demands for weird shit. But it sounds like dating back to ucla... It's not that he's a bad guy but he seemed to rub teammates the wrong way. If a guy is constantly in your face talking politics or shaming you because you threw a Gatorade in the wrong bucket or lots of examples like that, i get it. It'd be one thing if it was just AZ. There was speculation he was like this at ucla too.

But they should have known that before drafting him.

Pablo
04-29-2019, 05:07 PM

Phillis Rivers seems more up your alley.I root for the Chiefs. And Pat stands for the anthem and doesn't seem to give one puny shit for the environment like a real American.

Easy 6
04-29-2019, 05:12 PM

Phillis Rivers seems more up your alley.

You’ve got him all wrong...

IUsedToBeATightEnd
04-29-2019, 07:29 PM
"Maybe its time to admit some really stupid people run football teams"

I thought this thread was about C Hunt, due to how the Hunt & Hill situation has been managed.

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-29-2019, 07:32 PM
He hits the shit out of a softball...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2019, 07:35 PM

I'm sure you remember Frank Okam. He was JAG in the NFL, but the reason why he fell in the draft is because he was considered too smart, because he didn't buy into DL coaches' idiotic way of motivating.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2019, 07:42 PM
If you really think about it football is a game for morons.

Titty Meat
04-29-2019, 07:46 PM

Yeah that says more about his character than the competence of a front office

Titty Meat
04-29-2019, 07:48 PM
I'm sure you remember Frank Okam. He was JAG in the NFL, but the reason why he fell in the draft is because he was considered too smart, because he didn't buy into DL coaches' idiotic way of motivating.

6 years 0 career sacks. Maybe he should have listened?

Chiefshrink
04-29-2019, 10:01 PM
Flores already talking about taking another QB is a very shitty thing to do...

Which should tell you something that maybe this was not Flores decision to acquire Rosen because Flores hates his pretentious environmental ass as well.:shrug: