PDA

View Full Version : Weather *****Official 2019 Severe Weather Thread*****

displacedinMN
05-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Many may know-I am a weather watcher. I have a weather station at school that posts to many weather services. Also have a website with a Twitter account. (with a Chiefs list)

My new fascination is the Windy.com (https://Windy.com) map.
Very versatile and tons of possibilities. This map is fully functional for the viewer.

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://embed.windy.com/embed2.html?lat=39.011&lon=-94.378&zoom=8&level=surface&overlay=radar&menu=&message=&marker=&calendar=&pressure=&type=map&location=coordinates&detail=&detailLat=41.114&detailLon=-95.555&metricWind=mph&metricTemp=default&radarRange=-1" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Post 2019 severe weather here. It does not matter where you live.
Be Weather Aware.

Storm Chaser live Video https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/

displacedinMN
05-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Currently watching a storm now East of Blair, NE moving towards Missouri Valley, IA.

TLO
05-04-2019, 08:31 PM
What's your take on KC's severe weather chances for next week?

carcosa
05-04-2019, 08:33 PM
How much severe weather is caused by Muslim women wearing hijabs?

displacedinMN
05-04-2019, 08:36 PM
What's your take on KC's severe weather chances for next week?

Looks like you have great chances the next few days. Maybe it will hit a soccer game.

displacedinMN
05-05-2019, 03:11 PM
A few in Iowa and Nebraska right now.

TLO
05-05-2019, 03:29 PM
A few in Iowa and Nebraska right now.

Wondering if it'll hold together till it reaches NW Missouri

displacedinMN
05-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Sure looks like it could. Especially since the sun is still out.

displacedinMN
05-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Another favorite.

Live chasing of storms
https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/

TLO
05-05-2019, 05:52 PM
MN - this storm gonna keep its steam up till it reaches NW Missouri? Looks like it's pooping out a bit.

displacedinMN
05-05-2019, 07:01 PM
May be a little. I would still put the car in the garage

TLO
05-05-2019, 07:17 PM
May be a little. I would still put the car in the garage

Clouds up here look pretty gnarly. Starting to see some lightening in the distance too.

TribalElder
05-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Allergies are bad today

05-05-2019, 07:41 PM
https://earth.nullschool.net

Have fun

savchief
05-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Had a small tornado here (Savannah area) yesterday. Hit the yacht club a gas station two restaurants and a Goodwill. Died out about a half mile from the house. Third year in a row we've had one hit. Minor damage, worst was last year, hit the elementary school where my son is starting kindergarten in August. Luckily not in session at the time. Fort Pulaski a few miles up the road has been hit two years in a row. First one caused a bunch of damage. We used to rarely get tornadoes. Inland sure,but not here.

displacedinMN
05-18-2019, 01:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Meanwhile, in western ND... <a href="https://t.co/mb5bCTJmCI">https://t.co/mb5bCTJmCI</a></p>&mdash; NWS Grand Forks (@NWSGrandForks) <a href="https://twitter.com/NWSGrandForks/status/1129804921606426631?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445
05-18-2019, 06:47 PM
Fuck snow.

displacedinMN
05-18-2019, 07:09 PM
Looks like Central Kansas is the place to be tonight.

Rain Man
05-18-2019, 07:20 PM
I went for a run today. It was in the 50s, so I was just wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I was out for less than two hours, and the temperature dropped precipitously. It was raining a little bit, and all of a sudden snowflakes were coming down. Snowflakes on May 18? I haven't seen that in a while.

It was only the barest of traces, but it was fun to see. It made the last few miles back home rather chilly, though.

TLO
05-18-2019, 09:14 PM
Looks like Central Kansas is the place to be tonight.

Monday looks to be a doozy for Tornado Alley

kjwood75nro
05-18-2019, 09:21 PM
Already had a doozy yesterday. Tornado system went through Ford, Edwards, Stafford, Pawnee, and Barton county.

City of Lewis got hit, church roof destroyed, trees down, co-op building damaged, house in Offerle destroyed, etc. Nobody injured, thank goodness.

Now we run the risk of flooding throughout Tuesday because we're already saturated from the 4-12" the area has gotten since last week.

Buehler445
05-18-2019, 09:23 PM
Already had a doozy yesterday. Tornado system went through Ford, Edwards, Stafford, Pawnee, and Barton county.

City of Lewis got hit, church roof destroyed, trees down, co-op building damaged, house in Offerle destroyed, etc. Nobody injured, thank goodness.

Now we run the risk of flooding throughout Tuesday because we're already saturated from the 4-12" the area has gotten since last week.

You live in that part of the world?

kjwood75nro
05-18-2019, 09:45 PM
You live in that part of the world?Born and raised in Southcentral KS. Other than a brief stint in Atchison and college at Fort Hays, been here my whole life.

Lots of experience with storms.

TLO
05-20-2019, 10:40 AM
A potentially historic tornado outbreak is possible today in parts of Texas and Oklahoma.

Dunit35
05-20-2019, 10:52 AM
A potentially historic tornado outbreak is possible today in parts of Texas and Oklahoma.

And I’ll be working in it. Going to a busy day for me. Heavy rains so far here in Enid, OK.

Frazod
05-20-2019, 10:57 AM
And I’ll be working in it. Going to a busy day for me. Heavy rains so far here in Enid, OK.

Good luck.

TLO
05-20-2019, 11:12 AM

Be safe. Might check in with us later and let us know how things are.

Buehler445
05-20-2019, 11:15 AM

Stay safe, brohan.

All we have is rain, but it could get kind of serious where you are.

SuperBowl4
05-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Nice and calm here in Hermosa Beach, California

CaliforniaChief
05-20-2019, 12:17 PM
Yikes...6 years to the day when Moore got destroyed, they're in a high risk zone. That's scary for those people. Hopefully stuff stays in the open areas.

Marcellus
05-20-2019, 12:28 PM
Yikes...6 years to the day when Moore got destroyed, they're in a high risk zone. That's scary for those people. Hopefully stuff stays in the open areas.

You couldn't pay me to live in Moore OK and I live in the Joplin area.

BWillie
05-20-2019, 01:36 PM
Yes. I love 'Nados. Have no fear for them anymore now that I have a enclosed concrete room in my basement. Could get hit by a F5 and live.

TambaBerry
05-20-2019, 01:46 PM
Yes. I love 'Nados. Have no fear for them anymore now that I have a enclosed concrete room in my basement. Could get hit by a F5 and live.

Or so you hope, how thick is that concrete is there steel inside it?

srvy
05-20-2019, 01:49 PM
That enclosed concrete have a concrete roof? A f5 could suck you right on out and deposit you somewhere 20 miles away impelled in tree branches.

BWillie
05-20-2019, 02:43 PM
That enclosed concrete have a concrete roof? A f5 could suck you right on out and deposit you somewhere 20 miles away impelled in tree branches.

Yes, yes it does. It's underneath my garage floor.

RedRaider56
05-20-2019, 03:13 PM

so how do you get out if the garage collapses onto the door?
Was curious as I saw a news special on one of those earlier this morning

BWillie
05-20-2019, 03:27 PM
so how do you get out if the garage collapses onto the door?
Was curious as I saw a news special on one of those earlier this morning

Cell phone. Friends and family looking for me. I have one of the absolute safest 'Nado refugees in the area. I'm ready.

srvy
05-20-2019, 03:31 PM

and if it floods with water?

gblowfish
05-20-2019, 03:32 PM
If I lived in Joplin, I'd go on vacation the entire month of May. And get the HELL out of Joplin.

srvy
05-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Sounds more like a tomb.

Dunit35
05-20-2019, 03:36 PM
So far we’ve been getting hammered with rain.

And some genius decided to let her unlicensed driver move her vehicle in the middle of this downpour. She then drove through Popeyes.

Marcellus
05-20-2019, 03:37 PM
If I lived in Joplin, I'd go on vacation the entire month of May. And get the HELL out of Joplin.

Meh, we have only really been hit 1 time.

BWillie
05-20-2019, 03:38 PM
and if it floods with water?

Well shit man. I guess I'm just fucked. I'll just hang out on my porch and wait to die.

Buehler445
05-20-2019, 03:41 PM
So far we’ve been getting hammered with rain.

And some genius decided to let her unlicensed driver move her vehicle in the middle of this downpour. She then drove through Popeyes.

ROFL

srvy
05-20-2019, 03:53 PM
Well shit man. I guess I'm just fucked. I'll just hang out on my porch and wait to die.

ROFL

RedRaider56
05-20-2019, 04:27 PM
Cell phone. Friends and family looking for me. I have one of the absolute safest 'Nado refugees in the area. I'm ready.

Thanks. I think the one I saw on the news special had an emergency beacon installed in it as well.

Coach
05-20-2019, 05:02 PM
And here we go..... multiple tornado warnings all over in OK.

displacedinMN
05-20-2019, 05:04 PM
Just so you know-the map in the OP is fully useable and changeable by the viewer.

Be safe out there people. Going to be a long night.

Dunit35
05-20-2019, 05:16 PM
I bet we’ve worked 15+ stranded cars so far. Water up to people’s license plates. Why do people continue to try to drive through high water.

RedRaider56
05-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Just so you know-the map in the OP is fully useable and changeable by the viewer.

Be safe out there people. Going to be a long night.

I like the map.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Kiimo
05-20-2019, 05:30 PM
What the hell is going on in Colorado

https://i.imgur.com/bwtO8zj.png

edit:

or for that matter, off the coast of Oregon (!)

https://i.imgur.com/ehQwql0.png

displacedinMN
05-20-2019, 05:33 PM
If you flip the map to radar,
Colorado it is snow

also a winter weather advisory

Oregon: The next Low pressure system to affect the US. Prob will have storms and rain for someone later in the week.

Kiimo
05-20-2019, 05:38 PM
The lightening section covering Oklahoma and Kansas is impressive if you click it

displacedinMN
05-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Live storm chaser feeds

https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/

Will put it in the OP

Coach
05-20-2019, 07:04 PM
So far, it's just a bunch of lighting and heavy rain in OK with a few tornadoes....

Texas has a few tornadoes, but so far, it just seems underwhelming....

displacedinMN
05-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Cloud tops at 50000 feet. Big storms

KS Smitty
05-20-2019, 09:07 PM
Windy has just become one of my favorite weather sites, thanks for the share.

The wind option showing the wind blowing from all directions converging on the Texas panhandle is very interesting. What a great classroom tool.

HonestChieffan
05-20-2019, 09:24 PM
big rain tonight but the big awful we will all die forcasts of the last 10 days are now over, rain till 10am tomorrow then its over...

buildups keep viewers engaged....

GloryDayz
05-20-2019, 09:28 PM
https://www.elitereaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/noahs-ark-fp.jpg

Coach
05-20-2019, 09:51 PM
Looking like a real nasty tornado east of Tulsa, at Leach, Oklahoma.

Now calling it a Tornado Emergency.

displacedinMN
05-21-2019, 03:49 PM
Storm Chaser mad and calling it quits

http://www.startribune.com/mobs-are-ruining-storm-chasing-and-creating-additional-risk/510219542/?refresh=true

Mobs are ruining storm-chasing and creating additional risk
In some cases, a greater risk than the weather itself.
By Matthew Cappucci Special to the Washington Post MAY 21, 2019 — 11:57AM

ELLYSA GONZALEZ • LUBBOCK AVALANCHE-JOURNAL VIA ASSOCIATED PRESS
Texas Department of Public Safety troopers investigated a two-vehicle crash that left several storm chasers dead on March 28, 2017, near Spur, Texas.

I had heard grumblings about the downsides to storm-chasing for a long time — poor driving habits, traffic jams as cars converge near violent storms, and the dangers of rogue chasers and hobbyists. It had always been on my mind, but four years of venturing to the Plains had taught me it was just something I’d have to live with. I always brushed it off as an unavoidable byproduct of chasing.

But Monday was different. I witnessed firsthand the practices that will drive me away from the sport I once loved with my entire being. The past week of storm-chasing has been eye-opening. In just seven days, I’ve encountered:

• Chase vehicles parked perpendicular to roads blocking major intersections.

• Multiple chasers with red/blue police lights “pulling over” others to clear their path to the storm; in 70 mile-per-hour winds and egg-sized hail and less than a mile from a tornado, this could have been deadly.

• Traffic jams 200 cars deep.

• Chasers parking on/in the road to take pictures, blocking traffic.

• Chasers barreling down a one-lane road at 90 mph.

• Chasers driving on the wrong side of the road.

The dangers speak for themselves.

There’s a reason why my biggest fear about storm-chasing isn’t weather-related; it’s not the softball-sized hail, it’s not hurricane-force winds, and it’s not even lightning or the tornado. It’s other chasers. On Monday, when a large tornado passed by Mangum, Okla., the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported just one injury, not from wind but “involving two vehicles with storm chasers.”

The perils have been manifest before. Three storm chasers were killed in an accident in Texas on March 28, 2017, when a pair of Weather Channel contractors blew through a stop sign at 70 mph. In 2013, veteran storm chaser Tim Samaras fell victim to a tornado near El Reno, Okla.; his son Paul and chase partner Carl Young also perished. A Weather Channel vehicle was tossed 200 yards, breaking the driver’s neck. Scores of other chasers cheated death that day.

But so far, the storm chase community has been incredibly lucky. On its current track, storm-chasing is a ticking time bomb. It’s only a matter of time before a major catastrophe occurs — with many more fatalities. Chaser-clogged roads and an erratically moving tornado are a recipe for disaster. It’s not a matter of if; it’s when.

Much of the problem stems from the sheer number of chasers on the road. Back in the 1970s and ’80s, there were only a handful out there. Those who were generally were trained atmospheric scientists who understood the dynamics of what they were dealing with.

But the mid-2000s ushered in an era of do-it-yourself storm-chasing — popular TV shows such as the Discovery Channel’s “Storm Chasers” and the advent of smartphones spurred many to think “I can do this.” And in many cases, they can. But in my opinion, they shouldn’t.

It’s easy to turn on the TV and see a severe weather risk area plastered on a map. Driving to it is simple. And nowadays, high-resolution computer models are made available to the public online. The sheer amount of information out there gives the tools of the trade to anybody. But that doesn’t mean they know how to use it.

Storm behaviors change. Cell service drops out. And computer models are often shaky at best. Today’s “homegrown” storm chasers may have what they need to get by 99% of the time. It’s easy to know what to do when things go right. But it’s only a matter of time before things go wrong.

It’s not just amateurs contributing to this chasing turning point. “Professional” storm chasers, too, are only making it worse. With stiffer competition and more of it, many are taking to the extreme to get the best, most up-close footage. This often means taking unnecessary risks and putting others at risk as well. Yet time and time again, it’s gobbled up by the public, encouraging this “bad behavior” further.

Branding things as “extreme” gets clicks and views. That makes money. And across the board, we’re much more likely to celebrate an “extreme storm chaser” than we are a “safe storm chaser.” You’re not going to turn on the TV and see a headline that reads “storm chaser records tornado from a safe distance.”

It’s part of a larger cultural issue that’s in the process of redefining storm-chasing. For many, the practice we fell in love with simply doesn’t exist anymore.

And with big profits on the line, the dangerous behavior will only get worse. Illegal driving won’t be policed by law enforcement; they’re busy during severe weather. And there’s no real way to practically limit the number of storm chasers or tourists that venture out.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better. And it will take a major event to drive greater change and prompt discussions about the sport in general.

Maybe it’ll be from more devastating car accidents. Perhaps a tornado will sweep over a chaser traffic jam. Or maybe an “extreme” storm chaser won’t have dumb luck on their side. The number of things that can go wrong are endless.

And one of these days, they will.

Coach
05-21-2019, 05:00 PM
Tornado near St. Louis.

Coach
05-21-2019, 05:38 PM
And a few tornadoes now have popped up in the Kansas side.

displacedinMN
05-21-2019, 07:14 PM
Blowing up between KC and Nebraska City, NE. Moving Northeast.

Easy 6
05-21-2019, 08:08 PM
It feels so good to finally be in March, you just know spring is right around the corner!

Just love wearing hoodies and house slippers in late May!

Marcellus
05-22-2019, 02:01 PM
Thought today was supposed to be calm but they sent out this earlier.

ANOTHER ROUND OF STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IS EXPECTED
MAINLY FOR AREAS ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 44 FROM MID TO
LATE AFTERNOON INTO TONIGHT. THIS DYNAMIC SYSTEM WILL BE
CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF TENNIS BALLS,
DAMAGING WINDS UP TO 70 MPH AND TORNADOES. A STRONG TORNADO OR
TWO MAY BE POSSIBLE.

8 year Anniversary of the F5 today, people are jumpy as shit right now.

dirk digler
05-22-2019, 04:52 PM
I think it may get hairy this evening. It is super muggy here and we got upgraded to moderate and a PDS.

displacedinMN
05-22-2019, 04:53 PM
Yup. Popping again.

dirk digler
05-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Yup. Popping again.

I am hoping it goes south of where I am at. Seems like the I-44 corridor is where the severe stuff may be but who knows.

displacedinMN
05-22-2019, 05:05 PM
I would guess heading to Joplin or Springfield.
Branson??? Get the duck boats off the water.

You just cant get a break

displacedinMN
05-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Milwaukee to Wichita Falls

GloryDayz
05-22-2019, 07:08 PM
Good thing I got the lawn mowed before the fun.

dirk digler
05-22-2019, 07:09 PM
things are going crazy. tornado warnings have expired thankfully

displacedinMN
05-22-2019, 07:26 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tornado EMERGENCY north of Joplin, MO (on the 8th anniversary of the 2011 EF-5). Large damaging tornado over ORONOGO. TAKE COVER ALBA! (8:23pm) <a href="https://t.co/GnrWZScli4">pic.twitter.com/GnrWZScli4</a></p>&mdash; SevereStudios (@severestudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/severestudios/status/1131370047404937216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 23, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

displacedinMN
05-22-2019, 07:29 PM
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322762

Marcellus
05-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Sounds like part of Oronogo got hit, South of Carl Junction near Briarbrook got a little damage and its headed Jasper.

Went north of my house 1.5 miles.

Round 1 in the books.

SAUTO
05-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Sounds like part of Oronogo got hit, South of Carl Junction near Briarbrook got a little damage and its headed Jasper.

Went north of my house 1.5 miles.

Round 1 in the books.
Stay safe buddy. We've had sirens for a while

displacedinMN
05-23-2019, 06:02 AM
twitter feed for #mowx

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mowx?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash

<a href="https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?button_hashtag=mowx&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-hashtag-button" data-show-count="false">Tweet #mowx</a><script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcellus
05-23-2019, 06:22 AM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/61265655_10212520066950736_8152160829060415488_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=2b6d616e8833addd976e62be6fd9c43e&oe=5D630E17

A guy I know's house outside Carl Junction.

Marcellus
05-23-2019, 06:25 AM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/61235265_2503968392970815_7896697827856744448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=49a9da5bd523ec97cb054fd2dafe8bdf&oe=5D5214FE

Here it is just north of my house by about 1.5 miles. A friend is a storm spotter. :eek:

R Clark
05-23-2019, 06:37 AM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/61235265_2503968392970815_7896697827856744448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=49a9da5bd523ec97cb054fd2dafe8bdf&oe=5D5214FE

Here it is just north of my house by about 1.5 miles. A friend is a storm spotter. :eek:

Spookie

Mecca
05-23-2019, 07:03 AM
I really need to take a different path when I make my yearly drive down to Texas as I head right down through this area and it's usually in May.

luv
05-23-2019, 07:24 AM
April called. It wants its weather back.

displacedinMN
05-23-2019, 09:29 AM
Liberal KS has a cell to the SW.

Buehler445
05-23-2019, 10:06 AM

Yeah....I'd be headed the other direction.

displacedinMN
05-24-2019, 05:05 PM
And again.... SW of KC to Oklahoma.

TLO
05-24-2019, 05:15 PM
And again.... SW of KC to Oklahoma.

Tornado watch up for the KC area now

Pablo
05-24-2019, 07:00 PM
That was a really, really intense rain storm here in North KC. My yard slopes downhill pretty well and funnels right by my backdoor. I had a fucking river out back for about ten minutes. Inches high rolling and spilled over my window recess and poured into the basement for a bit. Never seen anything like that.

GloryDayz
05-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Things got fun in the L.S., trees were a'bendin... We came through without a scratch...

Sorce
05-24-2019, 08:36 PM
Things got fun in the L.S., trees were a'bendin... We came through without a scratch...Same here in LS. Everything is still standing. Spent a half hour in the basement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Why Not?
05-24-2019, 08:42 PM
I’m in town with the wife and kids for the kids first trip here. They won’t be forgetting it anytime soon. Went to Stroud’s in Fairway. The drive back to OP was legit scary. Hard to see the road, convinced we’d be stranded or flooded. Got back to my buddies house(they’re out of town so we’re staying here)right as the sirens started wailing. Got down in the basement. Now we’re hanging out watching movies so all’s well that ends well for us. Hope everyone is safe and okay.

displacedinMN
05-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Bump. Looks like another round for some

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2019, 07:55 PM
I just missed a tornado by 1/4 mile a week ago on Lake Texoma. now I'm back home under another. I think my boat is bad luck!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2019, 07:56 PM
https://abc7amarillo.com/weather/radar

CaliforniaChief
05-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Ohio is getting hammered tonight.

Dayton was hit tonight by 2 large tornadoes. Debris is 20,000 feet in the air (radar indicated), and people are reported trapped.

Tough night again.

Al Bundy
05-27-2019, 10:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Video shows damage in Dayton, Ohio after a “historic” tornado hit the metro area - a second tornado is expected to hit soon. <a href="https://t.co/iyoNx70rxv">pic.twitter.com/iyoNx70rxv</a></p>&mdash; Breaking News Global (@BreakingNAlerts) <a href="https://twitter.com/BreakingNAlerts/status/1133217481869398016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 28, 2019</a></blockquote>

tk13
05-28-2019, 12:33 AM
Had to break out the snow plows to clear the roads.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here’s a live look from our ODOT trucks as crews clear debris off of I-75 north of Dayton. Please avoid this area while we work to clear the interstate following the storm. <a href="https://t.co/IHzRJEYRsT">pic.twitter.com/IHzRJEYRsT</a></p>&mdash; ODOT Dayton (@ODOT_Dayton) <a href="https://twitter.com/ODOT_Dayton/status/1133230700122001408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TLO
05-28-2019, 07:08 AM
Moderate risk just issued for many of us in NW Missouri amongst other places..

HonestChieffan
05-28-2019, 07:36 AM
Local weather wonks are all over the board on tonights expectations.

Three7s
05-28-2019, 07:52 AM
Moderate risk just issued for many of us in NW Missouri amongst other places..
Yep, and many outlets calling for multiple tornadoes in the KC area.

Where's Katie Horner when you need her? :eek:

HonestChieffan
05-28-2019, 08:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7qHBhKU8AASR9y.png

displacedinMN
05-28-2019, 03:31 PM
Anything so far today?

RockChalk
05-28-2019, 03:47 PM
Anything so far today?

Things are firing up between Wichita NE to Emporia. The T-Storms have hit warmer air and are starting to get pretty strong. Just a lot of wind and hail so far, but they're just getting started.

Pablo
05-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Tornado on the ground SW of Lawrence rolling that way.

displacedinMN
05-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Blob moving towards KC

Al Bundy
05-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Tornado did roll through a part of Lawrence. Debris is everywhere there.

Dartgod
05-28-2019, 05:33 PM
That is a damn big tornado. God help the people in its path.

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 05:34 PM
Heading to northwest joco yikes

ChiliConCarnage
05-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Flee! Flee for your lives!

Pretty calm here currently

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Sirens going off on the plaza

Pablo
05-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Spotter said 1/2 mile wide tornado on the ground and Fox4 is saying they see another vortex spouting from the same storm.

Pablo
05-28-2019, 05:42 PM
Linwood is getting fucked up right now.

jamesincanada
05-28-2019, 05:42 PM
Stay safe bros. Was following on this dude's stream. Looks scary.
https://www.twitch.tv/nathansvlive

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Great the basement doors in the apartment are locked

New World Order
05-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Be safe Titty Meat!

Prison Bitch
05-28-2019, 05:48 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wsz2b6GNmtY/Tg4KbPg74II/AAAAAAAAJ2I/6SvfUwoLMQE/s800/katiehornerweather.jpg

Prison Bitch
05-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Some weather chick is balling on live tv now driving thru Linwood

In58men
05-28-2019, 05:54 PM
WHO’S PROTECTING PATRICK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Chieficus
05-28-2019, 05:56 PM
That's a radar estimate minimum 180mph couplet around Linwood.

If that's ground truth, that's at least an EF4.

Munson
05-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Headed towards Bonner Springs, about to cross I-70.

Reerun_KC
05-28-2019, 05:58 PM
I’m sick of hail and Tornadoes.... we can be done for the year.

Coach
05-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Looks like it hasn't quite crossed I-70 yet, from what I'm seeing. Apparently smashed right through Bonner Springs.

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 06:17 PM
More sirens going off on the plaza never heard this many going off at once before

SAUTO
05-28-2019, 06:19 PM
Get your goddamn head down billay

Discuss Thrower
05-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Sirens still blaring in Midtown.

dirk digler
05-28-2019, 06:44 PM
Didn’t realize Katie Horner was back in KC on Channel 9. She is pretty tame now lol

BryanBusby
05-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Didn’t realize Katie Horner was back in KC on Channel 9. She is pretty tame now lol
They probably feed her a handful of Xanax like a pony.

HonestChieffan
05-28-2019, 07:02 PM
one big SOB that hit...

srvy
05-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Michelle Bogowitz needs fired the way she acted on air in for fox 4 kc outside of Lawrence. The crying we need help here someone bring help people need help here. Get off the mic and give people help till help arrives fat ass. She was out of control they had to cut away and they never came back to her though there was news in Linwood Ks with people trapped in cars. It was pitiful get a grip and pull up your big girl panties.

gblowfish
05-28-2019, 07:07 PM
Carli Ritter has an AMAZING booty. She's giving me a quick spin up! growl....

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 07:08 PM

God damn that ass is phat

gblowfish
05-28-2019, 07:08 PM
Michelle Bogowitz needs fired the way she acted on air in for fox 4 kc outside of Lawrence. The crying we need help here someone bring help people need help here. Get off the mic and give people help till help arrives fat ass. She was out of control they had to cut away and they never came back to her though there was news in Linwood Ks with people trapped in cars. It was pitiful get a grip and pull up your big girl panties.

She used to blow Gary Pinkle.

srvy
05-28-2019, 07:09 PM
Large wedge tornado on ground near Excelsior Springs

Dayze
05-28-2019, 07:09 PM

I’ve sent it in person. It’s a legit dooker.
She has a nice little body. Her legs looked great in yoga pants And her ass was legit.

Prison Bitch
05-28-2019, 07:10 PM

That’s who I was referring to

Crying idiot

dirk digler
05-28-2019, 07:11 PM
They probably feed her a handful of Xanax like a pony.

She is actually doing a good job and so are you. :)

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 07:11 PM
Shes the one who fucked Gary pinkel shes trash

srvy
05-28-2019, 07:14 PM
Reports that KCI is cleaning debris from Lawrence from the runways that got deposited there.

gblowfish
05-28-2019, 07:15 PM
Excelsior Springs is about to get whacked

Dayze
05-28-2019, 07:15 PM
Bogowith had a rocking bod a few years back. She’s gotten a little thick. But I ain’t skeert. I’d tear it up. (In my mind)

The crime stoppers chick filled out a lair of Jeans quite well quite well l.last time I saw
Forget her name.

GloryDayz
05-28-2019, 07:16 PM
She used to blow Gary Pinkle.

Is that a bad thing, really?

srvy
05-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Thats a monster in Excelsior Springs. Any CPers from around there.

dirk digler
05-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Damn big tornado on the ground up north

dirk digler
05-28-2019, 07:21 PM
Jfc now 2 tornadoes close to each other

mlyonsd
05-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Jfc now 2 tornadoes close to each other

Any live feeds?

srvy
05-28-2019, 07:37 PM
KCI still closed trying to clean debris from runway.

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 07:38 PM
Prayers up for everyone in the line of this tornado

dirk digler
05-28-2019, 07:45 PM
Any live feeds?

No just watching KC news stations. Those tornadoes seem to have gone away for now but that storm cell was producing tornadoes for a couple of hours at least

Linwood KS just got destroyed and houses just gone from their foundation

mlyonsd
05-28-2019, 07:50 PM
No just watching KC news stations. Those tornadoes seem to have gone away for now but that storm cell was producing tornadoes for a couple of hours at least

Linwood KS just got destroyed and houses just gone from their foundationI don't know the area but there is a picture on the KCTV 5 website that shows a god awful pic of a tornado 2 hours ago taken at Kansas Hwy 10 and 59th street. God awful. Prayers to everyone in the path.

Dinny Bossa Nova
05-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Prayers to everyone affected.

Dinny

Fish
05-28-2019, 08:15 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fkshbtv%2Fvideos%2F345289799520402%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Fish
05-28-2019, 08:16 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FKSNNews%2Fvideos%2F316746085937022%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

dirk digler
05-28-2019, 08:25 PM
I don't know the area but there is a picture on the KCTV 5 website that shows a god awful pic of a tornado 2 hours ago taken at Kansas Hwy 10 and 59th street. God awful. Prayers to everyone in the path.

I am not familiar with that area either but it looks like the Lawrence area. KU dodged a bullet

BWillie
05-28-2019, 08:37 PM
I was throwing beer cans at it in NW Shawnee. I bet it missed me by 7 miles.

Buehler445
05-28-2019, 09:00 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fkshbtv%2Fvideos%2F345289799520402%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Mother fuck.

RedRaider56
05-28-2019, 09:01 PM
Prayers to everyone affected.

Dinny

+1 on this.

Praying for the safety of those in the storm's path

RedRaider56
05-28-2019, 09:02 PM
Mother fuck.

even that would be an understatement to the size of that tornado...

Buehler445
05-28-2019, 09:03 PM
+1 on this.

Praying for the safety of those in the storm's path

Yep. That looks like a mean one.

Best wishes to anyone affected.

-King-
05-28-2019, 09:07 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FKSNNews%2Fvideos%2F316746085937022%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

The only good thing about tornados is that they don't kill as much as other disasters. But fuck, they do a lot of damage

Titty Meat
05-28-2019, 09:12 PM
The only good thing about tornados is that they don't kill as much as other disasters. But ****, they do a lot of damage

And we got to aww karlis phat ass

Demonpenz
05-29-2019, 12:00 AM
Downside to having Mahomes in KC during tornado season is all these touchdowns

LoneWolf
05-29-2019, 03:23 AM
Downside to having Mahomes in KC during tornado season is all these touchdowns

:clap:

displacedinMN
05-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Tonight it is Iowa. Cedar Rapids. A few warnings in NW Iowa too.

displacedinMN
06-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Severe storms-Western Nebraska

displacedinMN
06-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Tornado Eastern Iowa

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tornado moments ago northeast of Central City, sent in by Logan Graham. <a href="https://twitter.com/NWSQuadCities?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NWSQuadCities</a> <a href="https://t.co/vcMrn485DW">pic.twitter.com/vcMrn485DW</a></p>&mdash; Iowa Storm Chasing (@IAStormChasing) <a href="https://twitter.com/IAStormChasing/status/1137840683958513664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 9, 2019</a></blockquote>

Baby Lee
06-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Winds took down a crane in Dallas. Lots of damage.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Video shows the moment a crane came crashing down on top of an apartment building in strong winds in Downtown Dallas, Texas. Unknown if any injuries. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dallas?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Dallas</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texas?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texas</a> <a href="https://t.co/53XANsqalk">pic.twitter.com/53XANsqalk</a></p>&mdash; Global News Network (@GlobalNews77) <a href="https://twitter.com/GlobalNews77/status/1137817820060946432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 9, 2019</a></blockquote>

displacedinMN
06-15-2019, 07:21 PM
Eastern Iowa.

East of KC in a line towards Kirksville

Pan handle of Texas.

displacedinMN
06-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Any updates about the people involved with the tornado west of KC a few weeks ago?

srvy
06-15-2019, 08:38 PM
Any updates about the people involved with the tornado west of KC a few weeks ago?

Downed trees and powerlines in Mound City, Mo

https://media.heartlandtv.com/images/mound+city+tornado.jpg

https://media.heartlandtv.com/images/mc+tornado.jpg

displacedinMN
06-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Looks like MN is active tonight. And active around the midwest this week.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to the NWS, weather spotters have confirmed a tornado in the warning area for Redwood County. The warning remains in effect until 6pm and the storm continues moving to the southeast at 20mph. Clements and Brookville take shelter immediately! <a href="https://t.co/pLaDhLEBYV">pic.twitter.com/pLaDhLEBYV</a></p>&mdash; Laura Betker (@LauraBetker) <a href="https://twitter.com/LauraBetker/status/1141840405497044993?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 20, 2019</a></blockquote>

kcxiv
06-22-2019, 01:46 PM
First day of summer and a solid 89 degree's here, I Can work with this!

Fish
06-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Colorado got almost 2 feet of snow on the first day of summer
(https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/weather/snow-in-colorado-trnd/index.html)
Summer solstice, you say? Nearly July? Judging from the almost 2 feet of snow in Colorado, Mother Nature doesn't seem to care.

Snow began to fall Friday just west of Denver at elevations above 7,000 feet. Snow also has been reported in parts of Montana, according to CNN meteorologist Gene Norman.
A winter weather advisory is in effect until Sunday morning, so the snowfall could continue. And, Norman said, even for the area, snowfall at this point is rare. The last time it came this late was on June 17, 1928, when Steamboat Springs got almost 20 inches, affiliate KCNC in Denver reported.

ptlyon
06-22-2019, 01:56 PM
Colorado got almost 2 feet of snow on the first day of summer
(https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/weather/snow-in-colorado-trnd/index.html)
Summer solstice, you say? Nearly July? Judging from the almost 2 feet of snow in Colorado, Mother Nature doesn't seem to care.

Snow began to fall Friday just west of Denver at elevations above 7,000 feet. Snow also has been reported in parts of Montana, according to CNN meteorologist Gene Norman.
A winter weather advisory is in effect until Sunday morning, so the snowfall could continue. And, Norman said, even for the area, snowfall at this point is rare. The last time it came this late was on June 17, 1928, when Steamboat Springs got almost 20 inches, affiliate KCNC in Denver reported.

Oh shit. Hope this isn't setting up to be a pattern like the 30's.

displacedinMN
06-25-2019, 11:57 AM
https://www.weather.gov/images/eax/wxstory/Tab2FileL.png

displacedinMN
07-19-2019, 02:10 PM
looks like I am under the gun tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tornado Watch til 10pm. Includes the MSP metro. Ominous wording in the PWO also. Stay aware of conditions through evening. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mnwx?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#mnwx</a> <a href="https://t.co/Sv8Wc6tf82">pic.twitter.com/Sv8Wc6tf82</a></p>&mdash; Bohdan Cole (@BoKnowsWeather) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoKnowsWeather/status/1152304164975861760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 19, 2019</a></blockquote>

This after the hottest day since 2011. 80F dew point.

TLO
07-19-2019, 09:35 PM
looks like I am under the gun tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tornado Watch til 10pm. Includes the MSP metro. Ominous wording in the PWO also. Stay aware of conditions through evening. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mnwx?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#mnwx</a> <a href="https://t.co/Sv8Wc6tf82">pic.twitter.com/Sv8Wc6tf82</a></p>&mdash; Bohdan Cole (@BoKnowsWeather) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoKnowsWeather/status/1152304164975861760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 19, 2019</a></blockquote>

This after the hottest day since 2011. 80F dew point.

Anything pan out?

displacedinMN
07-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Anything pan out?

Worst of this went to the north. Good for us. Bad for many.
Trees down in Wisconsin lake country. Damage to places and sheds. Golf ball hail in places.

Brother in Law has a "cabin" in Wisconsin. Many trees down. More will have to come down. Dock flipped again. Lift and boat MOVED. It does not look like damage to the boat/cover but just saw one picture.

System is ringing itself out in Southern Minnesota with 60-70mph winds.

My tweet with graphs and change so far.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a difference. Graphs never lie. This morning--40mph wind and .75 inches at home. <a href="https://twitter.com/NWSTwinCities?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NWSTwinCities</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CodyMatzFox9?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CodyMatzFox9</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Jason_Disharoon?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Jason_Disharoon</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mnwx?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#mnwx</a> <a href="https://t.co/tKHrrMX2Ap">pic.twitter.com/tKHrrMX2Ap</a></p>&mdash; RMSWeather (@RMSWeather) <a href="https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/status/1152593993668136962?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 20, 2019</a></blockquote>

Bowser
07-20-2019, 09:32 AM
2019 has been a bitch of a year for weather

displacedinMN
07-20-2019, 10:04 AM
From the lake just to the south of BIL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fishing tourney on Balsam Lake Wi today. Hundreds of trees down. Constant sound of chainsaws and lots of damaged boats. <a href="https://t.co/6eqEFlRVdw">pic.twitter.com/6eqEFlRVdw</a></p>&mdash; Frank Vascellaro (@frankieVWCCO) <a href="https://twitter.com/frankieVWCCO/status/1152600083814330368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 20, 2019</a></blockquote>

displacedinMN
09-02-2019, 08:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Severe Tstorms with winds up to 80 mph &amp; possibly Tornadoes will be in St. Cloud area just before 10pm &amp; approaching west MSP Metro (Maple Grove,Orono) before 11pm. <a href="https://twitter.com/KSTP?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KSTP</a> <a href="https://t.co/uTQtvKYECg">pic.twitter.com/uTQtvKYECg</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Yuhas (@JYuhasKSTP) <a href="https://twitter.com/JYuhasKSTP/status/1168704984512438273?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I will be up until it passes. Great...School starts tomorrow.

displacedinMN
09-02-2019, 08:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big Hail Alert! Local Storm Report by NWS MPX: New London [Kandiyohi Co, MN] county official reports HAIL of golf ball size (M1.75 INCH) at 08:54 PM <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stayskyaware?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#stayskyaware</a></p>&mdash; ian leonard (@ian_leonard) <a href="https://twitter.com/ian_leonard/status/1168707052614455296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>