PDA

View Full Version : Money I keep finding diamonds.

Rain Man
05-06-2019, 07:44 PM
I spent several nights in a hotel room this past week. On Night 2, I was sitting on the bed, and I saw something glittering under the desk. I was curious because it was very bright, so I crawled under and checked it out.

It was a diamond, quite small but brilliant. Maybe .02 or .03 carats.

The next night I was sitting on the couch watching television, and I saw another glint under the bed. I got down, and sure enough, another identical diamond.

Then later that night, on the other side of the bed, I was a third flash and found a third one.

These were in very different parts of the room, blocked from each other by furniture. There's no way that someone could have dropped them as a group and had them end up so far apart.

So what's the story here? What happened in the room before I arrived?

KC_Lee
05-06-2019, 07:46 PM
I spent several nights in a hotel room this past week. On Night 2, I was sitting on the bed, and I saw something glittering under the desk. I was curious because it was very bright, so I crawled under and checked it out.

The next night I was sitting on the couch watching television, and I saw another glint under the bed. I got down, and sure enough, another identical diamond.

Then later that night, on the other side of the bed, I was a third flash and found a third one.

These were in very different parts of the room, blocked from each other by furniture. There's no way that someone could have dropped them as a group and had them end up so far apart.

Real life game of Minecraft?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Diamond smugglers were there.

Rain Man
05-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Real life game of Minecraft?

Oh, that's a good theory. There was lots of square stuff in the room.

Frazod
05-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Midget Diamond smugglers were there.

FYP

srvy
05-06-2019, 07:58 PM
I dont know whats going on with the diamonds but I do know your room isnt being swept and cleaned properly.

Kman34
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fpns_a4Nuvo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

displacedinMN
Strippers or your ermine is pooping them out

big nasty kcnut
05-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Send them to me I'll verify them if they are diamonds

TambaBerry
05-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Are they actual diamonds?

srvy
05-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Will it cut glass on the window?

Imon Yourside
05-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Send them to me I'll verify them if they are diamonds

Semi-Precious

mlyonsd
05-06-2019, 08:11 PM
JC look at the size of that paw. Were you a lumberjack growing up?

CaliforniaChief
05-06-2019, 08:12 PM
You didn't happen to be in Mesquite, NV when you found the one, did you? My wife lost hers in a room there.

Wouldn't that be crazy.

Bob Dole
05-06-2019, 08:13 PM
I read the thread title and thought you were in Arkansas.

Rain Man
05-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Will it cut glass on the window?

I want to test, but they're really small. I'm not sure if I can do it. Apparently you can test them by dropping them in water, but ... they're really small.

I dont know whats going on with the diamonds but I do know your room isnt being swept and cleaned properly.

This appears to be true, especially given the service levels I experienced at the hotel. However, I'll concede that all three of them were tucked into the little carpet indents right next to furniture, so a vacuum could miss them.

Strippers or your ermine is pooping them out

To the best of my knowledge, I didn't have an ermine in my room.

Are they actual diamonds?

They're quite brilliant. While the odds are against it, I want to believe that they're real. They sparkled enough to get my attention.

Rain Man
05-06-2019, 08:16 PM
JC look at the size of that paw. Were you a lumberjack growing up?

They're not really that big. Here's a beer can for comparison.

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2017/11/andre-the-giant.jpg

kcclone
05-06-2019, 08:17 PM
Hopefully our coaching staff found some unexpected diamonds this week

prhom
05-06-2019, 08:19 PM
I think it's pretty clear that a "ho" got slapped by her "pimp" resulting in a loss of some diamonds from said pimp's ring. If I understand it correctly, this a fairly common occurrence in the "pimpin" world, and is required to maintain the requisite level of effort and loyalty among the pimp's "bitches".

Rain Man
05-06-2019, 08:21 PM
I think it's pretty clear that a "ho" got slapped by her "pimp" resulting in a loss of some diamonds from said pimp's ring. If I understand it correctly, this a fairly common occurrence in the "pimpin" world, and is required to maintain the requisite level of effort and loyalty among the pimp's "bitches".

That would explain very well why they were scattered all over the room.

I wish I had a blacklight to check the bedspread. That could support or refute the theory.

Actually, I'm kind of glad I didn't have a blacklight.

Chief Northman

Frank Clark?

Marcellus
Domestic violence.

srvy
05-06-2019, 08:22 PM

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2017/11/andre-the-giant.jpg

So you been crushing coal into diamonds?

Rain Man
05-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Frank Clark?

I was in Indianapolis, so it must've been Andrew Luck.

mlyonsd
05-06-2019, 08:37 PM

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2017/11/andre-the-giant.jpgThat's what I thought. My doctor for many years had hands like that but when I got to 50 and he wanted to do the annual prostate check I had to change practitioners. I notice things like that now.

Sofa King
05-06-2019, 08:41 PM
The lines on your palm indicate you have a small penis for your body size and you have 3 weeks to live, only 1 of those weeks will be happy.

Miles
05-06-2019, 08:56 PM

You see, a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

eDave
05-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Your Head Line and your Heart Line are concerning.

Valiant
05-06-2019, 09:32 PM
Guessing costume jewelry from strippers.

Buehler445
05-06-2019, 09:35 PM
This has never happened to me.

ROFL @ this thread.

TrebMaxx
05-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Pretty sure someone died in that room.

BlackOp
05-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Diamonds are incorruptible and immutable...you didn't find those by accident. Finding three?...Trinity

You may have found them so I could tell you that...principle of cause and effect.

Keep them with you from here on out....unless they are fake.

SuperBowl4
05-06-2019, 11:29 PM
Shine on you crazy diamond

cron912
05-07-2019, 07:41 AM
An aging, rich heiress with dementia, alzheimers and several severe addictions managed to shatter one of her diamonds. She mistook the diamond dust for blow, snorted it, leaving some trace evidence behind.

InChiefsHeaven
05-07-2019, 07:47 AM
I dunno, but I'd be crawling over every square inch of that place...

tooge
05-07-2019, 07:57 AM
Someone had a diamond studded butt plug.

Iowanian
05-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Are they diamonds or just the sparkles off of some mom jeans?

cripple creek
05-07-2019, 09:13 AM
some gal named lucy was sky high and now without diamonds.

Marcellus
05-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Neil Diamond stay there?

TLO
05-07-2019, 09:57 AM
The housekeeping in that hotel must be awful. You'd think the housekeepers would notice something like diamonds laying around

Sorce
05-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Anniversary present + really rough sex.

Kman34
05-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Neil Diamond stay there?

As we were driving down the road, "Sweet Caroline" came on the radio. I said to my daughter, "Little known fact, Neil Diamond used to be called Neil Coal."

"Until the pressure got to him."

Kman34
05-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Yo mama so fat...

her carbon footprint turned to diamond.

Gravedigger
05-07-2019, 10:14 AM
How many lumps of coal did you shove up your ass before you went on this trip?

Rain Man
05-07-2019, 10:48 AM
The housekeeping in that hotel must be awful. You'd think the housekeepers would notice something like diamonds laying around

Maybe they found the big ones and bolted, leaving behind the small ones for me.

Graystoke
05-07-2019, 11:22 AM
If Diamonds are a girls best friend, and best friends can't be separated,
Where is the girl? Lost in the Carpet?

wheeler08
05-07-2019, 11:57 AM
Iím not a diamond expert, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

On a side note, if they are real, you could cash them in to pay a programmer to get that sandbox league up and running...

ptlyon
05-07-2019, 12:06 PM
If Diamonds are a girls best friend, and best friends can't be separated,
Where is the girl? Lost in the Carpet?

Wonder if he had checked the closet

cooper barrett
05-07-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm wondering why he hasn't offered to change out the housekeepers vacuum bag....

JimNasium
05-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Several years ago I bought a six pack of socks at Marshallís. They were packaged with one of those small plastic hangers with adhesive paper wrapped to keep them in place. About a week later I put a pair on and felt something painful as I stood. I removed the sock and out fell a carat + sized diamond. I was very perplexed and excited until I was able to determine that it was cubic zirconium. Iíd still like to know how that got in there.

Rain Man
05-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Several years ago I bought a six pack of socks at Marshallís. They were packaged with one of those small plastic hangers with adhesive paper wrapped to keep them in place. About a week later I put a pair on and felt something painful as I stood. I removed the sock and out fell a carat + sized diamond. I was very perplexed and excited until I was able to determine that it was cubic zirconium. Iíd still like to know how that got in there.

How did you confirm that it was cubic zirconium? I'm pondering that very question right now.

And I guess it's possible that it was placed there as part of an international cubic zirconium smuggling ring. They're not going to be as prosperous as diamond smugglers, but I bet they exist.

JimNasium
05-07-2019, 03:21 PM
If I recall correctly, it had something to do with looking at typewritten words through the gem. There were no facets so the text was either readable or maybe not duplicated? I can’t recall the details for sure.

RubberSponge
05-07-2019, 03:38 PM
I see no brilliance in those stones. Just basing off the picture I would say rhinestones from a tiara. My guess is a five year old doing beauty pageants.

RubberSponge
05-07-2019, 03:42 PM
How did you confirm that it was cubic zirconium? I'm pondering that very question right now.

And I guess it's possible that it was placed there as part of an international cubic zirconium smuggling ring. They're not going to be as prosperous as diamond smugglers, but I bet they exist.

Maybe he took it to a jeweler and the jeweler brought out his diamond testing thingamaginy

cooper barrett
05-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Extreme hot to extreme cold. Butane torch hot to ice water should look like salt afterwards

srvy
05-07-2019, 09:26 PM

Jeweler could verify in no time at all or even a pawn shop.

Boise_Chief
05-07-2019, 10:40 PM
It's odd they are all different cuts.

Nightfyre
05-08-2019, 12:31 AM
I am just surprised that you're not concerned that they clearly didn't vacuum. Wonder what other corners they cut cleaning your room.

highBOLTage
05-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Five year old with bedazzler.

Iowanian
05-08-2019, 02:40 PM
You should feel fortunate to find plastic diamonds....wasn't in TinyEvel that found a rubber butt weiner in the hotel closet?

JohnnyHammersticks
05-08-2019, 02:45 PM
This guy will be showing up soon.

https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/no-country-anton-chigurh-e1508517547815-700x305.jpg

Amnorix
05-08-2019, 03:03 PM
It was a cold night outside the hotel, but not nearly so cold as the depths of the betrayal that enraged me. I had seen them enter, separately, furtively, thinking they were so clever. Pathetic shadows of the clandestine operator that I had once been.

Gaining access to their room was child's play. Hotel security has changed over the years, but there were a mind-boggling array of methods to gain access to those who understood how such things worked. The timing was the critical part -- a 911 call or scream would have been . . . inconvenient.

When it was done, I observed their bodies calmly, but couldn't deny the emotions that roiled within me. She had been my wife, and now she was a corpse. And then I saw it -- her rings, symbolizing our unity and her vow of faithfulness. I barely contained the primal scream that threatened to escape and ripped them off her hands. The large diamond engagement ring and the wedding band comprised of many smaller diamonds. I smashed them both with a hammer from my "tool kit" for missions such as this, pounding them nearly flat, spraying the stones everywhere.

Exhausted, sanity returned. I pocketed what was left of the rings and slipped out. The authorities would suspect me, of course, but no matter. The flight was booked. Soon I would be in the far east, traveling on under an assumed name to destinations unknown to the authorities....but certainly lacking extradition treaties.

My long planned revenge was complete, and yet I couldn't feel happiness or satisfaction. Bitter the last year had been, and bitter I remained.

Rain Man
05-08-2019, 07:41 PM
It was a cold night outside the hotel, but not nearly so cold as the depths of the betrayal that enraged me. I had seen them enter, separately, furtively, thinking they were so clever. Pathetic shadows of the clandestine operator that I had once been.

Gaining access to their room was child's play. Hotel security has changed over the years, but there were a mind-boggling array of methods to gain access to those who understood how such things worked. The timing was the critical part -- a 911 call or scream would have been . . . inconvenient.

When it was done, I observed their bodies calmly, but couldn't deny the emotions that roiled within me. She had been my wife, and now she was a corpse. And then I saw it -- her rings, symbolizing our unity and her vow of faithfulness. I barely contained the primal scream that threatened to escape and ripped them off her hands. The large diamond engagement ring and the wedding band comprised of many smaller diamonds. I smashed them both with a hammer from my "tool kit" for missions such as this, pounding them nearly flat, spraying the stones everywhere.

Exhausted, sanity returned. I pocketed what was left of the rings and slipped out. The authorities would suspect me, of course, but no matter. The flight was booked. Soon I would be in the far east, traveling on under an assumed name to destinations unknown to the authorities....but certainly lacking extradition treaties.

My long planned revenge was complete, and yet I couldn't feel happiness or satisfaction. Bitter the last year had been, and bitter I remained.

I really thought those red spatter patterns on the carpet were just decorative.

Strongside
05-08-2019, 07:48 PM
International Jew thief.

Donger
05-09-2019, 08:01 AM

You didn't launder them before wearing them?

Graystoke
05-09-2019, 04:22 PM

Who does that?
In my book new socks are good to go. And I especially donít want one going AWOL right out of the package

Rain Man
05-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Who does that?
In my book new socks are good to go. And I especially donít want one going AWOL right out of the package

Yeah, I assume that they're virgin and unspoiled coming out of the package. It would never occur to me to wash them.

JimNasium
05-09-2019, 04:39 PM

Nope, I’m assuming that no one has tried them on.

Valiant
05-09-2019, 05:00 PM

Or the jeweler swapped the diamonds when looking at it.

Valiant
05-09-2019, 05:02 PM

I have never heard a guy wash his socks before wearing. They are freshest they ever will be out of the package.

displacedinMN
05-09-2019, 07:30 PM
As we were driving down the road, "Sweet Caroline" came on the radio. I said to my daughter, "Little known fact, Neil Diamond used to be called Neil Coal."

"Until the pressure got to him."Love the joke. Hate that fucking song

cooper barrett
05-09-2019, 10:16 PM
I have never heard a guy wash his socks before wearing. They are freshest they ever will be out of the package.

Had new black cotton crew socks turn my feet black when they got wet.

Nickhead
05-10-2019, 04:09 AM
Had new black cotton crew socks turn my feet black when they got wet.

problem solved, don't get black socks if your feet will get wet :thumb:

you should know this by now :D

wheeler08
05-10-2019, 05:31 AM
Have we found out if these are real yet or not?

srvy
05-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Who does that?
In my book new socks are good to go. And I especially don’t want one going AWOL right out of the package

This is how you get feet like these.
https://external-preview.redd.it/M2sZMk79s6_iIIEE1cegRULhpI9NvUJfYCcP4ED1lp4.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&06148371

Those socks come from places like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh etc. Sure you want take that risk?

srvy
05-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Who does that?

This is how you get feet like these.
http://goodyfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/foot-rot-featured.jpg

Those socks come from places like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh etc. Sure you want take that risk?

Marcellus
05-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Well cubic zirconia are more rare than diamonds so there is that.....

Shoes
05-10-2019, 01:08 PM

Did you try to sell these pieces of shit yet?

Rain Man
05-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Have we found out if these are real yet or not?

I've been on the road so I don't have access to my home laboratory yet. But when I get home I'm going to do the non-destructive water float test as an initial experiment.

http://www.capetowndiamondmuseum.org/blog/2017/01/how-to-tell-if-your-diamond-is-real-or-fake/

Rain Man
05-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Did you try to sell these pieces of shit yet?

I'll sell them to you for half the price of diamonds. If it turns out that they're fake, you lose, but if they're real, you win. Do you feel lucky?

Donger
05-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Who does that?

https://www.elle.com/culture/a37076/do-you-really-have-to-wash-new-clothes-before-wearing-them/

cooper barrett
05-11-2019, 12:26 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-27-2015/IndGZf.gif

rocknrolla
05-11-2019, 01:36 AM
That would explain very well why they were scattered all over the room.

I wish I had a blacklight to check the bedspread. That could support or refute the theory.

Actually, I'm kind of glad I didn't have a blacklight.

Whenever staying at a hotel, I bring my own set of sheets. The thought of what goes on creeps the shit out of me, couldn't imagine using a blacklight.

Rain Man
05-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Okay, I'm home, and I did the water float test. If the jewel floats, it's 100 percent not a diamond. If it sinks, then you have to go on and do another test.

Based on the results of this test, I was in the room of the decoy diamond smugglers whose job was to distract the international jewel thieves from the real jewels, which were being stored in another room. And apparently they succeeded since the climactic battle took place in my room, far from the actual diamonds.