PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink KC Pitmaster bringing KC style BBQ to Paris

srvy
05-10-2019, 06:31 AM
I found this Star article in Chowtown interesting. Char Bar pitmaster spends 2 months training Rosies BBQ in Paris France the Kansas City style.

https://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/chow-town/article229821139.html#storylink=moresection

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kAKMhOELFmk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lF8vFTCGDj0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
05-10-2019, 06:37 AM
They have plenty of white flags to wipe BBQ sauce off their faces.

srvy
05-10-2019, 06:38 AM

ROFL:clap:

threebag
05-10-2019, 07:00 AM
Hopefully the smell of pork smoking chases some of their Muzzies out

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2019, 07:28 AM
Good. It's about time those French faggots started eating some real food.

srvy
05-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Good. It's about time those French pillowbitergots started eating some real food.

The KC pitmaster said he had to modify his spicy sauce to agree with the Frenchies pallet.

The country of supposed superior culinary chefs and their sauces dont like heat in their spice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2019, 07:46 AM
The KC pitmaster said he had to modify his spicy sauce to agree with the Frenchies pallet.

The country of supposed superior culinary chefs and their sauces dont like heat in their spice.

the French palette is ignorant and disgusting.

srvy
05-10-2019, 08:11 AM
the French palette is ignorant and disgusting.

Maybe kc que will change that.

I was surprised to learn they had que joints but it was started by Texans and represented theat style.

oldman
05-10-2019, 08:18 AM
The guy will make a fortune over there if he has the right sauce.

srvy
05-10-2019, 08:38 AM
I have never eaten at the Char Bar but its westport 60 yo+ tend to steer clear of there.

KC Dan
05-10-2019, 09:41 AM
I'll be there next month. Going to check this place out...

srvy
05-10-2019, 09:45 AM
I'll be there next month. Going to check this place out...

Awesome be sure and drop us a review!

KC Dan
05-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Awesome be sure and drop us a review!
I already looked at their menu and location. Very close to the burned Notre Dame so easy to get to. Going to try all their meats and sauces and of course the cole slaw... Then on to Normandy the next day...

Raiderhater
05-10-2019, 09:59 AM
I wonder if they will have smoked frog on the menu?

srvy
05-10-2019, 10:04 AM
I already looked at their menu and location. Very close to the burned Notre Dame so easy to get to. Going to try all their meats and sauces and of course the cole slaw... Then on to Normandy the next day...

That will be a nice trip. I would love to tour Normandy and surrounding area.

My Mom and Dad vacationed France after he retired and Paris was first. Mom said Dad was disappointed and out of place couldn't wait to get out. Dad was Navy in the Pacific Theater during WWII but wanted to see Europe particularly France. Once in the Country he felt at home and enjoyed it. The people were 180* different and friendly. He was a guy who could meet you and in 5 minutes be best buds.

Have a great trip.

KC Dan
05-10-2019, 10:09 AM
That will be a nice trip. I would love to tour Normandy and surrounding area.

My Mom and Dad vacationed France after he retired and Paris was first. Mom said Dad was disappointed and out of place couldn't wait to get out. Dad was Navy in the Pacific Theater during WWII but wanted to see Europe particularly France. Once in the Country he felt at home and enjoyed it. The people were 180* different and friendly. He was a guy who could meet you and in 5 minutes be best buds.

Have a great trip.
Will do and I felt the same when I was there awhile back. The food was good, people were nice (had no issues) and I've toured Normandy before for one day. This time going to stay a couple of nights in Bayeux to really taste the flavor there. Then its on to Munich, Austria and Zurich...

BIG_DADDY
05-10-2019, 12:24 PM
As much good food as we have here in the bay great BBQ isn't one of them. Sure wish somebody would do something here.

rabblerouser
05-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Pussies.

carcosa
05-10-2019, 05:55 PM

France had a famously strong and effective resistance movement during WWII that helped clear the way for the Allies after Normandy but go off I guess

BleedingRed
05-10-2019, 05:56 PM
The irony is I’m sure Pork drives away a lot of people in Paris now

KC Dan
06-11-2019, 01:12 AM
Ate at Rosie’s yesterday here in Paris. The bbq was great! The ribs were so so good. Burnt ends just ok. The pulled pork and loaded cheese and sauce fries very good. But, the winner was their bbq pork and sauce beans. Holy crap, I couldn’t stop eating them. When they realized I was going to report back here on the quality, they gave us so much food and charged us for about half of it. A definite winner-winner-bbq dinner! Just need to tighten up the burnt ends. Great location and environment

Mennonite
06-11-2019, 01:40 AM
I was expecting a story about In58Men opening a franchise in Notre Dame.

BryanBusby
06-11-2019, 02:53 AM
Ate at Rosie’s yesterday here in Paris. The bbq was great! The ribs were so so good. Burnt ends just ok. The pulled pork and loaded cheese and sauce fries very good. But, the winner was their bbq pork and sauce beans. Holy crap, I couldn’t stop eating them. When they realized I was going to report back here on the quality, they gave us so much food and charged us for about half of it. A definite winner-winner-bbq dinner! Just need to tighten up the burnt ends. Great location and environment
Good stuff

Flying High D
06-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Who knew Paris, MO even had a bbq joint?

Simply Red
06-11-2019, 10:09 AM
actually that's a brilliant move, France is loaded w/ foodies.

scho63
06-11-2019, 11:46 AM

/thread :clap::clap::clap:

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
06-11-2019, 06:53 PM
actually that's a brilliant move, France is loaded w/ foodies.

Should have introduced them to bates city