PDA

View Full Version : Life YOUR MAMA!

gblowfish
05-12-2019, 08:21 AM
My mom checked out in May last year right after Mothers Day. This is my first year without her. For those of you who still have mom in the picture, make sure to call or visit today. Here a picture of my young mom, and mom a couple years before she passed. I miss her.

http://i67.tinypic.com/vgih4h.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/2zyzvoi.jpg

bricks
05-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Thanks GB.

I did that first thing in the morning. As soon as I got up; I went upstairs and gave her a hug and a kiss to wish her Happy Mother's day.

Happy Mothers day!

Kman34
05-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Leaving right now to take Mom a present of flowers and chocolate pie... Happy Mother’s Day to all CP Moms..

Chief Northman
05-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Thanks GB.

I did that first thing in the morning. As soon as I got up; I went upstairs and gave her a hug and a kiss to wish her Happy Mother's day.

Happy Mothers day!

Sooooo......

You live in your mother’s basement?

Redbled
05-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Awesome tribute and great reminder.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-12-2019, 08:42 AM
George , that picture of your younger mother looks eerily similar to my mothers picture at that age.I mean wow. Mom is 87 right now born in 1932.

gblowfish
05-12-2019, 08:48 AM
My mom graduated from Paseo HS around 1950. She was a lifeguard at a lake in South KC in the summer, and became an OR Nurse. Her Older Brother Ernie played baseball with my dad, that's how they met. Mom said she got interested in dad because she liked he way he wiggled his ass when he dug into the batters box. When my dad got back from Korea they got married. She became a hospital administrator and ran the OR at Menorah, Trinity Lutheran and Osteopathic. She ended her career at NKC Hospital. She was the lead of triage at Trinity the night of the Hyatt Skywalk collapse. She liked to drink irish whiskey, fish and play poker. She had an explosive temper, and could be very difficult, but she was always there for my sisters and me. This is my first Mother's Day without her.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-12-2019, 09:10 AM
My mom graduated from Paseo HS around 1950. She was a lifeguard at a lake in South KC in the summer, and became an OR Nurse. Her Older Brother Ernie played baseball with my dad, that's how they met. Mom said she got interested in dad becasue she liked he way he wiggled his ass when he dug into the batters box. When my dad got back from Korea they got married. She became a hospital administrator and ran the OR at Menorah, Trinity Lutheran and Osteopathic. She ended her career at NKC Hospital. She was the lead of triage at Trinity the night of the Hyatt Skywalk collapse. She liked to drink irish whiskey, fish and play poker. She had an explosive temper, and could be very difficult, but she was always there for my sisters and me. This is my first Mother's Day without her.

That means your Mom was most likely born in 1932 just like mine. My Dad also served in North Korea.

BTW I just called Mom after your thread inspired. I was thinking I wouldn't because I did Talk to her briefly yesterday but I'm glad I did. Thanks George.

I'm sorry you're missing Mom today. My turn will be soon.

Easy 6
05-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Great pics gb and sorry for your loss, can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like when my ma passes

Picking up some flowers for her in just a bit...

ptlyon
05-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Mom passed on 7 years ago. Today. Miss you mom!

stumppy
05-12-2019, 10:59 AM
My mom was alright..........when she wasn't drinking.:D

stumppy
05-12-2019, 10:59 AM
You're a lucky man GB.

Prison Bitch
05-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Mom was born in Detroit after the War. Grandparents moved there from NYC, grandfather worked for GM 45 years. Moved to KC in 1960 as this area grew. She’s a hilarious woman - one of the few I’ve ever known. Most women aren’t. Lucky to have her.

Hydrae
05-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Damn it, George. I was doing okay until I opened this thread. I am right with you, this is the first Mothers Day since my mom passed. She passed on Thanksgiving after a massive stroke the day before. We will be headed up to a small cemetery in Hemple (how many have even heard of Hemple? :) ) in a couple of weeks to inter her ashes next to her great grandmother. Then we will go to the Royals/Red Sox game that night which is so totally perfect since the Sox were her favorite team.

Miss you so much, mom. Especially on days like this.

tmax63
05-12-2019, 04:35 PM
My mom has been gone for 45 years. I was still 12 at the time.

Coochie liquor
05-12-2019, 06:39 PM
I’m lucky enough to still have my mom here on this planet. Although she’s still in Misery and I’m in the Sunshine state. I was a bad child and teen... and young adult. Made too many bad choices, and pretty much did the opposite of what I was shown by my parents. But through all of that my mom still has my back. Never understood a parents unconditional love until I had my own kids, then I finally saw why she stuck by me no matter how much I messed mine and her life up! Love is deeper than all of that stuff, and for the most part they want you to do better than they did. Always loved this song as it reminds me of my mom. Happy Mother’s Day to all you mother fuckers and your moms also!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B3NmMKfl3Ic" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>