PDA

View Full Version : Life Nashville Tennessee

BIG_DADDY
05-14-2019, 11:37 AM
One of the areas we are looking to potentially relocate to is the area around Nashville. Lakefront would be ideal. Property and pool would be a good alternative. Any information about anything from private schools to great areas to live would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. BTW I am not a libtard.

Discuss Thrower
05-14-2019, 11:38 AM
Housing market is overheated. Prepare your fucking anus.

Graystoke
05-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Get plenty of acres so you can go feral.

TribalElder
05-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Leaving cali for tenn is antifreeze punch

BIG_DADDY
05-14-2019, 11:45 AM
Housing market is overheated. Prepare your ****ing anus.

No I get that. Nashville and Austin are two of the hottest areas right now as well. I have a 3 year time horizon. Hopefully something sooner rather than later however. I could be patient and rent as well.

Rain Man
05-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Housing market is overheated. Prepare your fucking anus.

He's from northern California. I think he's the type who's microwaving the aluminum foil in the housing market.

Simply Red
05-14-2019, 11:47 AM
that place is literally dripping in hot milf pussy!

Amnorix
05-14-2019, 11:50 AM
So I can't tell you much of any value, but figured I'd mention the few things I know based on my repeated visits on business:

1. It has become VERY popular, and one guy (cabbie or Uber driver) mentioned that 10,000 people per month were moving into the greater Nashville region.

2. the best -- though high end -- restaurant I've eaten at there is Kayne Prime. Between the popovers, the steak and the surprisingly awesome root vegetables, it's great.

That's it, sorry!

BIG_DADDY
05-14-2019, 11:52 AM
So I can't tell you much of any value, but figured I'd mention the few things I know based on my repeated visits on business:

1. It has become VERY popular, and one guy (cabbie or Uber driver) mentioned that 10,000 people per month were moving into the greater Nashville region.

2. the best -- though high end -- restaurant I've eaten at there is Kayne Prime. Between the popovers, the steak and the surprisingly awesome root vegetables, it's great.

That's it, sorry!

Kayne sounds good, I'll give it a shot.

KC_Lee
05-14-2019, 11:53 AM
As Discuss Thrower said, prepare for sticker shock. Been in Nashville area for 15 years now and the growth is astounding. Housing market cannot keep up with demand. Most of the new houses (2 side by side, 3 story town homes) are extremely high priced and the construction is somewhat shoddy.

Hell traffic is quickly becoming Atlanta levels of bad. The area infrastructure cannot keep up and the city / county leaders can't won't do anything about it.

Renting is going to be a pain as well. Small 1 bedroom apartment, outside of the city will run you $785 / month. I just gets higher the closer to downtown you get.

But if you want to know the "hot" areas; East Nashville, Inglewood, Sylvan Heights & Park, and Green Hills.

Amnorix
05-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Oh, and bachelorette parties! The place has become a hub for bachelorette parties. Which you know because you'll see groups of chicks dominating these "pedal taverns" which are much more common than you'd ever imagine.

https://www.loewshotels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pedal-tavern-700x700.jpg

Prison Bitch
05-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Lived there once for school.

Do not see the appeal. It’s really overrated. This was early 200s tho before it blew up. Shittiest sports town ever, nobody ever talked about it. Country music back then sucked too, it was all Garth Brooks. They did have great fried chicken (I don’t eat that) and breakfast food (I ate the shit out of that).

Rain Man
05-14-2019, 11:55 AM
I drove from Nashville to Knoxville a few months ago, and the terrain is really pretty. I found it odd that the truck stops had dedicated chapels, though.

Prison Bitch
05-14-2019, 11:56 AM
Oh, and bachelorette parties! The place has become a hub for bachelorette parties. Which you know because you'll see groups of chicks dominating these "pedal taverns" which are much more common than you'd ever imagine.

https://www.loewshotels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pedal-tavern-700x700.jpg

You meant to say, you will see loser dudes dumb enough to agree to pedal chicks on those stupid contraptions.

Amnorix
Hell traffic is quickly becoming Atlanta levels of bad. The area infrastructure cannot keep up and the city / county leaders can't won't do anything about it.

Last time I was there I was discussing this with someone -- geez -- I remember it was a cute young woman who was a local. Anyway, she was PISSED because they had just voted down a proposal to build some kind of trail or light rail system or whatever.

Oh -- she was the receptionist at the building I was at. Had a long'ish wait for an Uber to come and we started chatting.

And she was seriously pissed about it. Polite, but ranting. Clearly a just-out-of-college kid who was not happy with her commute to work and had moved there from somewhere else that had better transportation infrastructure.

BIG_DADDY
I drove from Nashville to Knoxville a few months ago, and the terrain is really pretty. I found it odd that the truck stops had dedicated chapels, though.

I don't care about that. I just don't want a cop on every corner like I saw in Texas. Overkill X10

Amnorix
05-14-2019, 11:57 AM

Do not see the appeal. Itís really overrated. This was early 200s tho before it blew up. Shittiest sports town ever, nobody ever talked about it. Country music back then sucked too, it was all Garth Brooks. They did have great fried chicken (I donít eat that) and breakfast food (I ate the shit out of that).

It's changed. We've been going on business for like 10 years now, couple times a year type thing. The place has seriously grown.

But I didn't and don't live there, so I'll let others speak to the details. For someone stopping in for 2-3 days once or twice a year, the place certainly SEEMS transformed in a pretty significant way.

Amnorix
05-14-2019, 11:59 AM
You meant to say, you will see loser dudes dumb enough to agree to pedal chicks on those stupid contraptions.

As a general rule, probably, but the bachelorette parties -as you'd expect - are all chicks.

Prison Bitch
05-14-2019, 11:59 AM
It's changed. We've been going on business for like 10 years now, couple times a year type thing. The place has seriously grown.

But I didn't and don't live there, so I'll let others speak to the details. For someone stopping in for 2-3 days once or twice a year, the place certainly SEEMS transformed in a pretty significant way.

I havenít been back since graduation. One thing that bothered me was the food. No meat. I was used to having 1,000 red meat/bbq options here and wasnít the case there at all. Their BBQ places had runny sauces and shitty portions.

The weather was great tho. Major plus especially for winter school months. The women, didnít notice any real diff to KC but, I was surrounded by ugly college girls

FlorentinePogen
05-14-2019, 12:05 PM

HeyOHHHHHHHH!

https://i.imgur.com/fAh2dIQ.jpg

Amnorix
05-14-2019, 12:05 PM

One time, early in our travels there, my business partner and I decided to ask a local where the best BBQ place was. He asked if we were willing to drive out of town, and we said sure, as long as it wasn't too far. It was winter and dinner, so it was dark.

We end up driving, whatever, about half an hour out of town. But it was a bit surreal. No street lights, you come around a bend, and there's this HUGE CROSS ALL LIT UP with lights. Like 20 feet tall or whatever, on or in front of a church.

That is definitely not something you'd encounter driving around in/near Boston.

And FWIW the BBQ wasn't really worth the extra effort. :shrug:

Rain Man
05-14-2019, 12:08 PM
One time, early in our travels there, my business partner and I decided to ask a local where the best BBQ place was. He asked if we were willing to drive out of town, and we said sure, as long as it wasn't too far. It was winter and dinner, so it was dark.

We end up driving, whatever, about half an hour out of town. But it was a bit surreal. No street lights, you come around a bend, and there's this HUGE CROSS ALL LIT UP with lights. Like 20 feet tall or whatever, on or in front of a church.

That is definitely not something you'd encounter driving around in/near Boston.

And FWIW the BBQ wasn't really worth the extra effort. :shrug:

The South has no good barbecue. They think they have good barbecue, but they don't.

DaFace and I went on a business trip in Ohio once, and were surprised to encounter Touchdown Jesus along the highway.

https://i.imgur.com/rnSmN2e.jpg

Amnorix
05-14-2019, 12:08 PM
I havenít been back since graduation. One thing that bothered me was the food. No meat. I was used to having 1,000 red meat/bbq options here and wasnít the case there at all. Their BBQ places had runny sauces and shitty portions.

The weather was great tho. Major plus especially for winter school months. The women, didnít notice any real diff to KC but, I was surrounded by ugly college girls

They pride themselves on BBQ also, but I've not found it to be exceptional in any way. There are plenty of options, and they're fine, but I would've thought Tennessee would be a better place for it than Boston. Other than there being MORE places for it, I was otherwise not impressed.

As for chicks, for good or for bad I'm not there for that, so I'll take your word for it. :D

I will say the chick I was chatting with about the train thing was very attractive. Mere coincidence that I was chatting with her while waiting for my Uber though!

carcosa
05-14-2019, 12:09 PM
One of the areas we are looking to potentially relocate to is the area around Nashville. Lakefront would be ideal. Property and pool would be a good alternative. Any information about anything from private schools to great areas to live would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. BTW I am not a libtard.

I don't think there are any private schools that accept unvaccinated pitbulls as students :(

ChiefsCountry
05-14-2019, 12:15 PM
Love Nashville. It's my favorite city to visit. I couldn't tell you about house prices but I sure love that city.

Prison Bitch
05-14-2019, 12:27 PM
Bring boxes of tee shirts. All they wore. I wore polo shirts with collars and stuck out like a sore thumb. They don’t have collars unless it’s a dress shirt (and you’ll see short sleeve ones which were a culture shock for me). They wear tee shirts on dates , to church, and I assume to funerals. Their own burials prob

Hoover
05-14-2019, 12:32 PM
I'd rather boat...

Hoover
05-14-2019, 12:33 PM
HeyOHHHHHHHH!

https://i.imgur.com/fAh2dIQ.jpg

Moments later this dude also said, "Prepare your ****ing anus."

ClevelandBronco
05-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Looks like pit bulls are cool, but watch for measles.

loochy
05-14-2019, 12:48 PM
As Discuss Thrower said, prepare for sticker shock. Been in Nashville area for 15 years now and the growth is astounding. Housing market cannot keep up with demand. Most of the new houses (2 side by side, 3 story town homes) are extremely high priced and the construction is somewhat shoddy. <br />
<br />
Hell traffic is quickly becoming Atlanta levels of bad. The area infrastructure cannot keep up and the city / county leaders can't won't do anything about it. <br />
<br />
Renting is going to be a pain as well. Small 1 bedroom apartment, outside of the city will run you $785 / month. I just gets higher the closer to downtown you get.<br />
<br />
But if you want to know the "hot" areas; East Nashville, Inglewood, Sylvan Heights &amp; Park, and Green Hills.<br />
<br />
He's coming from SoCal...I doubt he'll have sticker shock

Hoover
05-14-2019, 01:05 PM
Here ya go.

2315 Holloway Rd, Lebanon, TN 37090. 40 mins from Downtown

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2315-Holloway-Rd_Lebanon_TN_37090_M85404-62239?view=qv

100 acres, a pond, and s shitty house like you would find in California.

Move in ready!

Hoover
05-14-2019, 01:12 PM
Or you could live it up like Ronnie Dunn from Brooks & Dunn...

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2281-Old-Hickory-Blvd_Nashville_TN_37215_M88575-89663?ex=TN639071975#photo30

BIG_DADDY
05-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Here ya go.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2315-Holloway-Rd_Lebanon_TN_37090_M85404-62239?view=qv

Move in ready!

Meh, not very exciting. I just want to end up some place in the mountains hopefully on a lake where I am not going to be taxed to death. Good schools, food and top level martial arts facilities for the youngster. Some place not filled statist ideology is a plus. I am keeping all my options open. Might look at Florida too. Give up the mountains and lake for a house with a nice pool. Feels like I am selling out but I gotta do something eventually.

ChiefsCountry
05-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Meh, not very exciting. I just want to end up some place in the mountains hopefully on a lake where I am not going to be taxed to death. Good schools, food and top level martial arts facilities for the youngster. Some place not filled statist ideology is a plus. I am keeping all my options open. Might look at Florida too. Give up the mountains and lake for a house with a nice pool. Feels like I am selling out but I gotta do something eventually.

Lake of the Ozarks :harumph:

BIG_DADDY
05-14-2019, 01:51 PM
Lake of the Ozarks :harumph:

I was kind of looking for a low tax state.

Naptown Chief
05-14-2019, 02:11 PM

ROFL

Prison Bitch
05-14-2019, 02:14 PM

!

He lied. Nash metro grew 30,000 last year or 2500/mo. About 1/4 what he claimed. (KC grew 17,000)

Easy 6
05-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Cleanest, most landscaped downtown area Iíve ever seen, and of course just go 10-15 minutes out of town and youíre in some of the most beautiful country in the US

It was only twice, and that was in 95... but I was very impressed both times, you could certainly do MUCH worse than Nashville, Tn

Amnorix
05-14-2019, 02:44 PM
He lied. Nash metro grew 30,000 last year or 2500/mo. About 1/4 what he claimed. (KC grew 17,000)

err....that conversation was like 2, maybe 3, years ago now. I have no idea if he lied or not at the time either. Like I said, it was a driver I had, not a statistical analyst, so take it for whatever (little) it is worth.

Fair to say that the areas has been booming, however, regardless of whatever the exact number is.

Bewbies
05-14-2019, 03:36 PM

This is for repentance after theyíre done BFíin some random trucker since the wife is at home. It is the south you know.

Bewbies
05-14-2019, 03:38 PM
Nashville is a cool town. Although I think the real gem in TN is Chattanooga. Small city feel, basically 2 hours from 3 big cities, Knoxville, Nashville and Atlanta. Booming tech sector there too.

scho63
05-14-2019, 04:11 PM

Do not see the appeal. Itís really overrated. This was early 200s tho before it blew up. Shittiest sports town ever, nobody ever talked about it. Country music back then sucked too, it was all Garth Brooks. They did have great fried chicken (I donít eat that) and breakfast food (I ate the shit out of that).

You are just a ray of sunshine in every thread you enter! :rolleyes:

Otter
05-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Nashville is a cool town. Although I think the real gem in TN is Chattanooga. Small city feel, basically 2 hours from 3 big cities, Knoxville, Nashville and Atlanta. Booming tech sector there too.

I'll go with this post. Too far south for me as I'm a cold weather person but both are great towns.

MahiMike
05-14-2019, 05:36 PM
Here ya go.

Move in ready!

One of you guys buy this place and I'll park my Airstream there!

Prison Bitch
05-14-2019, 06:27 PM
You are just a ray of sunshine in every thread you enter! :rolleyes:

I happen to like KC a lot. So thereís that!

I was happy to get back. And our meat/bbq is a big reason even tho I donít eat much of it after age 40.

tredadda
05-14-2019, 08:49 PM

Chattanooga is terribly underrated. You are correct that itís one of the gems of TN.

BucEyedPea
05-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Doesn't have a state income tax.

BucEyedPea
05-14-2019, 09:57 PM
No I get that. Nashville and Austin are two of the hottest areas right now as well. I have a 3 year time horizon. Hopefully something sooner rather than later however. I could be patient and rent as well.

Sell high and then rent. I think the housing market is softening and may soften even more.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-14-2019, 10:50 PM
Nashville and Memphis are both wonderful towns. I prefer Memphis myself, but your mileage may vary.

scho63
05-15-2019, 03:35 AM
Nashville was an unexpected POSITIVE surprise for me when I was there for the first time in March 2017 when driving cross country from northern VA to Scottsdale AZ I stopped there.

Was bigger, cleaner, more business and just a cool vibe. I don't even like country music but was impressed.

Eleazar
05-15-2019, 06:12 AM
I've been there a couple of times a year for the last few of years. Nashville's cool but the place is bursting at the seams according to the locals. A lot of them are moving further out because of the increasing congestion and the hassle and cost of living in the city. I guess if you live in the bay area at the moment Nashville will probably seem like a birthday party to you.

We have the same kind of conversations often, about moving to... well, a red state, where the cost of living isn't so high and life in the city isn't becoming crazier by the minute. We are in a big blue city right now and it's increasingly turning into a place where you don't want to raise your kids. Living in a place that has more traditional values and doesn't have the high tax burdens is something we have been talking about.

2bikemike
05-15-2019, 06:35 AM
<br />
<br />
He's coming from SoCal...I doubt he'll have sticker shock

Yep and from the Bay Area at that, I just looked up my first 1 BR apartment in the San Diego area it's currently renting for $1470 for 645 sqft. And that is in a crappy suburb of San Diego.
I paid $420 when I lived there.

Mi_chief_fan
05-16-2019, 09:36 PM
Been here for almost a year, so far itís been great.