PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Could the Chiefs and Redskins work a trade deal?

Chief Roundup
05-20-2019, 06:39 PM
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/20/injury-to-reuben-foster-could-help-chiefs-redskins-strike-a-deal/

You hate to hear about potentially significant injuries, especially this early in the process of the offseason.

The Washington Redskins began the first OTA practice of phase three of the offseason program on Monday. Not five plays into the practice session, linebacker Reuben Foster went down on the field in a heap with a non-contact leg injury. Foster required an air cast and a cart to leave the practice field. It’s not yet been confirmed whether the injury will be significant, but coach Gruden dubbed the injury “very concerning.”

The Redskins have spent a lot of time on Foster. They took a big risk claiming him off of waivers after the 49ers released him following multiple off-field incidents. They anxiously waited to find out whether the NFL would suspend him, which they chose not to. Now, they could potentially lose Foster for the season.

This injury does open up an opportunity for a trade that may have not been there before the injury. Now there is a possibility that the Redskins look outside their own roster to add another linebacker. The Chiefs in particular, have a linebacker the roster who is a better fit for the Redskins defensive scheme.

Reggie Ragland was traded from the Bills to the Chiefs under the guise that he was not a good fit for the Bills 4-3 defense. Just a year later the Chiefs have switched to a 4-3 defense. Ragland once again is unlikely to be a fit because of a change to a new scheme. The Redskins currently run a 3-4 base defense under DC Greg Manusky, so scheme fit wouldn’t be a problem in this move.

Additionally, Ragland has an allegiance that could make him extra appealing to the Redskins. The Redskins have six former Alabama Crimson Tide players on their defense including Foster, who was Ragland’s running mate in 2015 at Alabama. Ragland does offer a different skill set to Foster. He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker.

So who or what could Brett Veach potentially pry from the grasps of the Redskins in a trade involving Ragland? Obviously there could be some minimal draft compensation like a Day 3 pick, but the Chiefs are probably looking for some earlier return on investment.

There is no doubt in my mind that GM Bruce Allen could try to move cornerback Josh Norman after June 1, in order to clear $11.5 million in cap space. Norman hasn’t been all the Redskins has hoped for when they signed him to a five-year $75 million dollar contract.

The Chiefs would be on the hook for two years and $24 million remaining on Norman’s contract. It’s a hefty chunk of change, but with the Chiefs currently in win now mode while Patrick Mahomes is still on his rookie deal, this is a contract that they could afford to take on during the next two seasons.

This type of player-for-player trade could potentially be a big win for both teams. Washington would shed a big contract of a CB who has underperformed since joining the team. They’d also get a player at a position of need. Kansas City would also add a player at a position of need, but they’d get rid of a player who no longer fits their defensive scheme.

Not sure that the Chiefs would have any real interest in Josh Norman. But damn if we could trade Reggie Ragland and a day 3 pick for Josh Norman it is hard not to say Hell Yes.

rabblerouser
05-20-2019, 06:43 PM
We trade this piece of shit yet?

Easy 6
Oh hell, that’s one saucy trade scenario

Ragland and a cheap pick for Norman?... count me IN

Rawlsian
Thank God this wasn't a bring back Alex Smith to be a backup and mentor Pat article

In58men
Is this piece of shit a Chief yet?

O.city
05-20-2019, 06:44 PM
I mean, sure.

I don’t know what Norman has left though

Hammock Parties
05-20-2019, 06:46 PM
This is the best. offseason. ever.

Hydrae
05-20-2019, 06:51 PM
That's about what will free up for Berry after June 1.

Interesting how we keep getting DBs from Washington even if Breeland stopped off in GB last year.

T-post Tom
05-20-2019, 07:01 PM
A post June 1 move will save the Skins $3M. Imagine they'll be getting multiple offers between now & then, if they put him on the trading block.

carcosa
05-20-2019, 07:09 PM
Sure!!;

T-post Tom
05-20-2019, 07:13 PM
Sure!!;

I appreciate your enthusiasm.

nychief
05-20-2019, 07:18 PM
“Trade Deal?” Are you a Russian Bot?

Pasta Little Brioni
05-20-2019, 07:45 PM
Ragland for Norman? You guys are fucking batshit insane...

Pasta Little Brioni
05-20-2019, 07:46 PM
“Trade Deal?” Are you a Russian Bot?

His threads make Deberg weep...

ChiefGator
05-20-2019, 07:52 PM
Ragland for Norman? You guys are fucking batshit insane...

Yeah, I think there will be a fairly high draft pick involved in that trade.. it won't be mano for mano.

Maybe Norman and a 2nd for Ragland? ;)

Titty Meat
05-20-2019, 07:53 PM
Dumb thread

Hoover
05-20-2019, 07:57 PM
We would.not be sending a high pick and a player for Norman as the Skins are looking to dump the salary.

stumppy
05-20-2019, 08:00 PM
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/20/injury-to-reuben-foster-could-help-chiefs-redskins-strike-a-deal/

Additionally, Ragland has an allegiance that could make him extra appealing to the Redskins. The Redskins have six former Alabama Crimson Tide players on their defense including Foster, who was Ragland’s running mate in 2015 at Alabama. Ragland does offer a different skill set to Foster. He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker.

Why the fuck would that have anything to do with trading these guys?

Chief Roundup
05-20-2019, 08:14 PM
We would.not be sending a high pick and a player for Norman as the Skins are looking to dump the salary.

Who said anything about a high pick? 3rd day pick and Ragland for Norman seems like a pretty good deal for us.

Chief Roundup
05-20-2019, 08:15 PM
Dumb thread

Why is that?
I guess you don't like discussing possibilities during the off season.

TEX
05-20-2019, 08:15 PM
WHY would the Skins want anything to do with Ragland??? Everyone knows he's terrible.

ChiefGator
05-20-2019, 08:17 PM
WHY would the Skins want anything to do with Ragland??? Everyone knows he's terrible.

Did you even read the article? There are other Alabama players on the Redskins team already. So.. there is that.

Rain Man
05-20-2019, 08:18 PM
I enjoy trading with the Redskins. They're that girl that you can call up at the last minute and buy dinner at Chipotle, and she'll give you liberties afterward.

New World Order
05-20-2019, 08:20 PM
Ragland for Norman? You guys are ****ing batshit insane...

If they're looking to move him because of cap reasons then it wouldn't take much.

TEX
05-20-2019, 08:21 PM
Did you even read the article? There are other Alabama players on the Redskins team already. So.. there is that.

Yes. I read it. Still dont know why anyone would be interested in a guy who sucks as bad as Ragland, much less trade for him. He's the type that you sign after he gets cut.

SAUTO
05-20-2019, 08:49 PM
Yes. I read it. Still dont know why anyone would be interested in a guy who sucks as bad as Ragland, much less trade for him. He's the type that you sign after he gets cut.

I'm assuming that trading norman helps with his cap numbers. That's the only thing that makes sense to me

Stryker
05-20-2019, 08:57 PM

So this!

rabblerouser
05-20-2019, 08:59 PM

Dude...Daniel Snyder backed the truck up for Alex Fucking Smith.

We can sell him Ragland, too...

Willie Lanier
05-20-2019, 09:05 PM
I enjoy trading with the Redskins. They're that girl that you can call up at the last minute and buy dinner at Chipotle, and she'll give you liberties afterward.

:thumb:

Flying High D
05-20-2019, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I think there will be a fairly high draft pick involved in that trade.. it won't be mano for mano.

Maybe Norman and a 2nd 1st for Ragland? ;)

FYP

Rawlsian
05-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Ragland for Norman? You guys are ****ing batshit insane...

Yra. That while be awful

Chief Roundup
05-20-2019, 09:15 PM

First I never said it would happen it was just an article I seen and thought it would be worth the conversation. I know it is a long shot.
Right now the top ILB available is Josh Bynes or Manti Teo.
I guess some of you don't remember how bad the LB position was in FA after like 2 players and how bad it was in the draft after the Devins.
If they are wanting to dump Normans salary and can secure what they perceive as better than what they have after the Foster injury and better than what is on the FA market it sure would be nice.

Simply Red
05-20-2019, 09:23 PM
trade for that mother fucking cock sucking piece of mother fucking shit!

Couch-Potato
05-20-2019, 09:31 PM
I thought the writer was suggesting we trade Ragland for Rueben Foster and I was intrigued, but hell yes to Josh Norman at that price.

New World Order
05-20-2019, 09:33 PM
I feel like every day I wake up we're on the verge of another blockbuster trade.

It really has been the best offseason ever.

RealSNR
05-20-2019, 09:41 PM

Sooo... the Redskins are Brooke Pryor?

COchief
05-20-2019, 09:49 PM
I have to admit, I have quickly warmed to signing various pieces of shit to our football club. What piece of shit started this vernacular?

Flying High D
05-20-2019, 09:50 PM

Veach up

Hoover
05-20-2019, 09:51 PM
This.

I'd take a bowl of soup or a 7th rounder.

TrebMaxx
05-20-2019, 09:51 PM
Sooo... the Redskins are Brooke Pryor?

I have a gut hunch that Brooke is more of a all you can eat buffet type of gal.

oldman
05-20-2019, 10:30 PM
"He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker." Obviously, this was written by someone that didn't watch too many Chiefs games last year. The only thing Ragland punished was air.

05-20-2019, 10:36 PM
"He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker." Obviously, this was written by someone that didn't watch too many Chiefs games last year. The only thing Ragland punished was air.

You are giving him too much credit. Even air kicked his ass.

TravelingChiefs
05-20-2019, 10:40 PM

Quick, scrub everything bad about Ragland off the internet before the Redskins found out that he sucks!

oldman
05-20-2019, 10:40 PM

ROFL

Chief Pagan
05-21-2019, 01:21 AM

Chipotle takes too long. Taco Bell drive through.

Couch-Potato
05-21-2019, 07:46 AM
Chipotle takes too long. Taco Bell drive through.

Forgive him, lord, he knows not what he doeth.

Coochie liquor
05-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Saw Josh Jones from GB is asking to be traded. Are we set at safety, and would he be worth trading for? Thanks I’ll hang up and listen.

ModSocks
05-21-2019, 09:39 AM

Don't listen to this guy.

Yeah yea yea he's a punishing two down backer. For sure. Absolutely. Punishing.

Now trade us Norman straight up.

Meatloaf
05-21-2019, 09:57 AM
I'm not gonna be hating on Ragland until he proves he sucks while playing for any coach other than Sutton. Seems to me that Sutton seldom (if ever) put his players in a situation where they could play to their strengths (see Houston playing in coverage as an example). Apparently Sutton's SCHEME was the focus, and NOT his players capabilities.

So, until I see proof positive that Ragland cannot contribute under Spags, I'm gonna hold criticism.

And yes, the past 2-3 years, Sutton was that bad. Period.

Flying High D
05-21-2019, 10:50 AM
With Alex injured the skins might also be interested Mahomes.

htismaqe
05-21-2019, 10:55 AM
I'm not gonna be hating on Ragland until he proves he sucks while playing for any coach other than Sutton. Seems to me that Sutton seldom (if ever) put his players in a situation where they could play to their strengths (see Houston playing in coverage as an example). Apparently Sutton's SCHEME was the focus, and NOT his players capabilities.

So, until I see proof positive that Ragland cannot contribute under Spags, I'm gonna hold criticism.

And yes, the past 2-3 years, Sutton was that bad. Period.

Yeah, I mean it's not like Chris Jones, Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and even Allen Bailey all had their best years under Sutton or anything.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2019, 12:03 PM
ANY Ragland trade. ANYTHING!

Crackers, t-shirts, jolt cola, squid brains, a second ball for Clay, some body wash and a haircut for Eric Berry... The Trading Post is open.

Meatloaf
05-21-2019, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I mean it's not like Chris Jones, Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and even Allen Bailey all had their best years under Sutton or anything.

Sutton was the only coach these guys played for, so I'm not sure I get your point? I mean you could argue that Sutton was the best coach these guys ever had, and that he was the worst coach these guys ever had!

I just think that Sutton put scheme first and player capability second....rather than mold a scheme around player talents. Seems to me that Sutton simply was not going to modify scheme to suit said talents.

Gravedigger
05-21-2019, 12:16 PM
Ragland and something for Josh Doctson. Doctson hasn't gotten really over 500 yards in a season, but give him to Mahomes and see what he can do.

saphojunkie
05-21-2019, 12:31 PM
htisimage married his high school sweetheart and proudly claims she's the best sex he's ever had.

tredadda
05-21-2019, 12:32 PM
We got Ragland for a fourth round pick. I highly doubt he increased that value last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2019, 12:33 PM
htisimage married his high school sweetheart and proudly claims she's the best sex he's ever had.

Wut?

saphojunkie
05-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Wut?

That's the equivalent of saying that Dee Ford had his best year under Bob Sutton. He also had his worst year under Bob Sutton.

carcosa
05-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Yra. That while be awful

Ddyhh

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2019, 03:21 PM
That's the equivalent of saying that Dee Ford had his best year under Bob Sutton. He also had his worst year under Bob Sutton.

Well played.

Why even debate? Sutton was a terrible coach with terrible coaches on his staff. we don't even know for sure if Thomas was a good coach. We know he was a good player...

WhiteWhale
05-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Norman isn't as good as people think.

There's a reason Washington doesn't want him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2019, 05:42 PM
I have no erection for this trade.

Megatron96
05-21-2019, 05:45 PM
Norman was a flash in the pan. He hasn't played up to his hype in years. Much rather have PP; athletically Norman might be a touch faster (and that's a big maybe), but in every other aspect, especially football smarts (situational awareness in particular) PP is better by a wide margin.

WhiteWhale
05-21-2019, 05:49 PM

Washington paid big money to a guy they thought was a premier CB in the NFL only to find out he was a system guy.

They're not trying to unload him for personality reasons. It's purely due to the fact that he's paid way above what his value is.

I think they'll cut him before week 1. Nobody will claim him with that contract and he'll be a FA. Then we can talk.

King_Chief_Fan
05-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Washington paid big money to a guy they thought was a premier CB in the NFL only to find out he was a system guy.

They're not trying to unload him for personality reasons. It's purely due to the fact that he's paid way above what his value is.

I think they'll cut him before week 1. Nobody will claim him with that contract and he'll be a FA. Then we can talk.

This...thread end

rabblerouser
05-21-2019, 05:55 PM
Trade Breeland Speaks?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2019, 05:58 PM

I like it.

UChieffyBugger
05-21-2019, 05:58 PM
We wouldn't need Norman to be a world beater. We'd just need him to be competent alongside Breeland, Fuller, Honeybadger and Thornhill. Last season the Pats secondary was J.C Jackson (a UDFA btw) , Gilmore, Mccourty and Chung. Having Bellichick as their coach obviously helps a ton but that was never seen as the most talented secondary in the league was it? I actually believe Ward could be a major gem that's right under our nose, but I sill hope Veach gets another experienced corner just to give the defense the best possible chance to be better this year.

TribalElder
05-22-2019, 03:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a> officially placed LB Reuben Foster (ACL) on season-ending Injured Reserve and signed free agent LB Jon Bostic.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1131308360727519232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Hopefully a certain RB the overrated browns stole lands a similar fate...

rabblerouser
05-23-2019, 08:11 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a> officially placed LB Reuben Foster (ACL) on season-ending Injured Reserve and signed free agent LB Jon Bostic.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1131308360727519232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL
LMAO

Fucking Bostic.

Naptown Chief
05-23-2019, 08:42 AM

ROFL