Cheap tire, but the specs look good.

Would appreciate any input.

eDave
05-29-2019, 04:34 PM
Cheap tire.

/thread

TLO
05-29-2019, 04:40 PM
These are what on the car now. Love them, but unsure if I want to pay $1000 for a set of 4.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/goodyear-eagle-sport-a-s/p/17113

TLO
05-29-2019, 04:41 PM
Cheap tire.

/thread

Do you have any suggestions?

eDave
05-29-2019, 04:42 PM
Do you have any suggestions?

No.

TLO
05-29-2019, 04:45 PM
No.

http://i63.tinypic.com/snmix5.jpg

Simply Red
05-29-2019, 04:52 PM
I'd like to just say - I'd like a hug.

TLO
05-29-2019, 04:53 PM
I'd like to just say - I'd like a hug.

Are you ok with a ROAD hug?

Skyy God
05-29-2019, 05:36 PM
Are you ok with ROAD head?

FYP

cooper barrett
05-29-2019, 05:43 PM
How about a third world bad road hogger? They would be a great choice for your Mother in Laws car.

Megatron96
05-29-2019, 06:18 PM
Make/model of car? Typical driving?

If your car is a POS and it just putters from home to work, put anything on, I guess.

If you expect any kind of decent performance, ride, tread life, etc. get a better tire.

Tires are the most important piece of equipment on your vehicle, as they are the only thing that actually contacts the road. That means your safety (family's?) is directly influenced by what tires are on your wheels. Buy accordingly.

KS Smitty
05-29-2019, 06:24 PM
These are what on the car now. Love them, but unsure if I want to pay $1000 for a set of 4.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/goodyear-eagle-sport-a-s/p/17113

If you love them not getting something comparable will make you unhappy with the drive and ride of your car. Tires are a worthy investment, especially if you have a newer car like Megatron said.

TLO
05-29-2019, 06:25 PM
Make/model of car? Typical driving?

If your car is a POS and it just putters from home to work, put anything on, I guess.

If you expect any kind of decent performance, ride, tread life, etc. get a better tire.

Tires are the most important piece of equipment on your vehicle, as they are the only thing that actually contacts the road. That means your safety (family's?) is directly influenced by what tires are on your wheels. Buy accordingly.

2015 Dodge Charger R/T - no family. And I drive responsibly. (Most of the time)

Megatron96
05-29-2019, 06:29 PM
2015 Dodge Charger R/T - no family. And I drive responsibly. (Most of the time)

That's a performance-oriented car with power to burn and pretty heavy. I wouldn't put generic no-name tires on that thing. YMMV.

TLO
05-29-2019, 06:29 PM
If you love them not getting something comparable will make you unhappy with the drive and ride of your car. Tires are a worthy investment, especially if you have a newer car like Megatron said.

Mmmm. I think he makes a very valid point. May be worth investing in a new set of what's already on the car.

TLO
05-29-2019, 06:31 PM
That's a performance-oriented car with power to burn and pretty heavy. I wouldn't put generic no-name tires on that thing. YMMV.

I accidentally downvoted your previous post because I'm an idiot. Sorry.

I think you've made me see the light. I'm going to get a good set and call it a good investment.

kccrow
05-29-2019, 06:33 PM
Not sure I'd go with a discount exclusive like that where you can't even find the manufacturer. Have heard good things bout Nokian ZLine tires, which are damn close to the same tread and are cheap.

Megatron96
05-29-2019, 06:44 PM
My first option would be the original tires by GY.

If not, I'd look at (in no particular order):

BF Goodrich
Falken
Yokahama
Pirelli
Michelin

Coach
05-29-2019, 06:49 PM

I think you've made me see the light. I'm going to get a good set and call it a good investment.

I would second Megatron86's comment. If your car is 2015 Dodge Charger RT (Mine is a 2012 RT), I would want the best good quality tires on it. The originals I had were great tires, and I just basically bought new ones a few month ago, exactly the same brand.

Yeah, it was a little expensive than I would had liked, but it's also an investment, plus with positive experience on these tires, why change?

Megatron96
05-29-2019, 06:55 PM

No worries. I don't care about the vote thing much.

Just to make you feel a little better, I made that choice back in my twenties with my Z28. Bought a cheap set of generic tires to save some $$$. Damned things had bad sidewalls that rolled out at just about any speed, a tread pattern that seemed to produce excessive understeer, and luckily for me, wanted to hydroplane if someone spit in the road in front of me.

Oh, and they wore out in under 10,000 miles.

Never again.

Just wanted to help you not make the same mistake, that's all. Had the same conversation almost exactly with my eldest godson yesterday.

TLO
05-29-2019, 07:19 PM
No worries. I don't care about the vote thing much.

Just to make you feel a little better, I made that choice back in my twenties with my Z28. Bought a cheap set of generic tires to save some $$$. Damned things had bad sidewalls that rolled out at just about any speed, a tread pattern that seemed to produce excessive understeer, and luckily for me, wanted to hydroplane if someone spit in the road in front of me.

Oh, and they wore out in under 10,000 miles.

Never again.

Just wanted to help you not make the same mistake, that's all. Had the same conversation almost exactly with my eldest godson yesterday.

I appreciate it, friend. Thanks for the words of wisdom

Hamwallet
05-29-2019, 07:52 PM
I would second Megatron86's comment. If your car is 2015 Dodge Charger RT (Mine is a 2012 RT), I would want the best good quality tires on it. The originals I had were great tires, and I just basically bought new ones a few month ago, exactly the same brand.

Yeah, it was a little expensive than I would had liked, but it's also an investment, plus with positive experience on these tires, why change?

Cars are not investments unless you buy 2-3 million dollar cars. Tires on the other hand. Best investments you can make. I have half my retirement in tires.

BryanBusby
05-29-2019, 08:04 PM
I've had good luck with Hankook's

lewdog
05-29-2019, 08:14 PM
Jesus Christ, I wouldn't put those pieces of shit on my Civic.

Get some nice tires. You have a nice ride.

And tires and cars are not investments. No one "invests" in depreciating assets.

Miles
05-29-2019, 10:43 PM
If you have a Costco membership they are a great place to buy tires and carry a number of more performance oriented models. Also run regular promos if you are replacing a set.

eDave
05-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Jesus Christ, I wouldn't put those pieces of shit on my Civic.

Get some nice tires. You have a nice ride.

And tires and cars are not investments. No one "invests" in depreciating assets.

That's what I said.

lawrenceRaider
05-30-2019, 05:27 AM
If you have a Costco membership they are a great place to buy tires and carry a number of more performance oriented models. Also run regular promos if you are replacing a set.

Dodge Charger. Probably more Sam's Club, but they run the same specials as Costco, and have free installation specials occasionally.

SAUTO
05-30-2019, 08:34 AM
I put federal f60s on the back of my car. They have done great so far. Probably 5000 miles on them. Great in the rain also.

cooper barrett
05-30-2019, 11:36 PM
I put federal f60s on the back of my car. They have done great so far. Probably 5000 miles on them. Great in the rain also.

Another trusted tire review from SAUTO.:D:D:D:D:D

Federal's are made in Taiwan, have ZERO OEM fitments, and are know for noise, wear patterns, and short life. oh and some tires for wet traction at first. The're is nothing special other than using modern silca rubber formulation. The tires themselves are round, black and hold air.

Tires for the mother in laws car?ROFLROFLROFL maybe? but a Z06, Challanger or Camero? Are you kidding me? You know the only contact the car has with the road is the tires, people never look at them anymore since TPMS, these are only made to only last, by their own calculations, about 22K miles.

Did Community Tire make you a deal you couldn't refuse? or hold a gun to your dogs head?, to put them on the rear of your car? Why not all four?

https://beerwhiskeyandbrotherhood.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/dog-gun.jpg

If you put on O'reilly store brand frond end parts on your wive's car,she may think these may be good great tires for you. I'm going for the tire to be mentioned when the accident report is made.

Bugeater
05-30-2019, 11:50 PM

BF Goodrich
Falken
Yokahama
Pirelli
Michelin
Fuck BF Goodrich and their shitty Touring T/As with only 14k miles on them and started falling apart on us in bumfuck Wyoming while we were on vacation. Never, ever again.

cooper barrett
05-31-2019, 01:44 AM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G9cx6zvOEw4/Vuk1746NlQI/AAAAAAAAZ3I/cfL9dFWBUZwsCVT9fQMCRxsB0no8J4h2w/s1600/Redneck-Meme-how-to-fix-a-flat-tire-wheelbarrow-tire-diy-mod-car_thumb.jpg

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Im-not-mechanic-girl-meme.jpg

any other tire advice???

BF Goodrich
Falken
Yokahama
Pirelli
Michelin

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/auto-mechanics-in-garage-picture-id462718995?k=6&m=462718995&s=612x612&w=0&h=nPc8EMM0g2VTC0SkOr85DO4DZQlGrbtTzl_tEpxcLes=

SAUTO
05-31-2019, 06:26 AM

Federal's are made in Taiwan, have ZERO OEM fitments, and are know for noise, wear patterns, and short life. oh and some tires for wet traction at first. The're is nothing special other than using modern silca rubber formulation. The tires themselves are round, black and hold air.

Tires for the mother in laws car?ROFLROFLROFL maybe? but a Z06, Challanger or Camero? Are you kidding me? You know the only contact the car has with the road is the tires, people never look at them anymore since TPMS, these are only made to only last, by their own calculations, about 22K miles.

Did Community Tire make you a deal you couldn't refuse? or hold a gun to your dogs head?, to put them on the rear of your car? Why not all four?

If you put on O'reilly store brand frond end parts on your wive's car,she may think these may be good great tires for you. I'm going for the tire to be mentioned when the accident report is made.

The f60 won the red dot award, federals 3rd year in a row winning it.

I'm not running an OEM tire or wheel size.

The front are ST1s.

I know how to spell Camaro at least.

SAUTO
05-31-2019, 06:30 AM
And there's one part of that that tells me you know nothing about this.
Who would put f60s on the front of their car?

Perineum Ripper
05-31-2019, 07:28 AM

Out of all the stupid, random, weird shit you have posted on this site. This ranks near the top of that shit pile.

lawrenceRaider
05-31-2019, 08:04 AM
Fuck BF Goodrich and their shitty Touring T/As with only 14k miles on them and started falling apart on us in bumfuck Wyoming while we were on vacation. Never, ever again.

Interesting. We've had great luck with BF Goodrich Ecopia tires. Not a performance tire in any form, but ride great and good life span.

cooper barrett
05-31-2019, 09:06 AM
The f60 won the red dot award, federals 3rd year in a row winning it. Red Dot:It's like a puppy mill for design awards. think tee ball where everyone gets a trophy that pays to play. Does Red Dot have tire testing facilities??? NO??? Looks like Hankook won the same award but it was a design concept. Red Dot product design awards, Nexen. Kumho: YES Federal NO. Here's a live search link to all 3075? awards; https://www.red-dot.org/search?q="federal%20tire"

Hankook Tire’s new Ventus S1 evo 3 (K127) tire was recently honored with the SAME Product Design 2019 award at the Red Dot Award event. It didn't win but it did get a participation award. go ahead, search. you will only find a concept tire that was an award winner a few years back.

I'm not running an OEM tire or wheel size. You're also running different tires, probably due to size availability or cosmetic appearance. IMHO it's best to run matched sets if you going to push a car and failure is an introduction to a 100 year old oak tree.

The front are ST1s. It looks like a 5 year old designed the tread, they offer lots of sizes because the molds cost nothing to produce.and with the outer block design should sing like a woman in a choir in a Baptist church on Sunday morning after spending the night with Billay the night before. Something tells me the lack of exhaust would drown it out as I am sure the organist will be their best to do.

I know how to spell Camaro at least.

Like you never typo.. Camaro, I owned one once, a ragtop.. 1998/ 350. left my driveway as soon as the leaves turned. Bought a Mercedes 320SLK to replace it. Never bought a Chevy again.

When your tire has 4 features and one of them is how many groves are in the tread you know its a POS.

https://i.postimg.cc/NGpmPJ84/image-3.jpg

SAUTO
05-31-2019, 09:24 AM
That car didn't come out with matched sized tires. Idiot. and the st1 and f60 are what goes together...

Here's a link to that award. Idiot https://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20190412/NEWS/190419983/federal-tire-s-evoluzion-f60-wins-red-dot-award.

cooper barrett
05-31-2019, 09:41 AM
**** BF Goodrich and their shitty Touring T/As with only 14k miles on them and started falling apart on us in bum**** Wyoming while we were on vacation. Never, ever again.

Those were discontinued years back. they brought out the Advantage series and recently the "new" Advantage TA's

When did this happen? How old were the tires at the time they "came' apart?

Anything else you can share like; the car had been stored for years...?

SAUTO
05-31-2019, 09:42 AM
And they make no noise, and the car has exhaust

Man you guys are really off lately. Just can't get anything right, huh?

cooper barrett
05-31-2019, 10:38 AM
hey idiot, I have no idea what you drive other than a wrecked truck.
Mind reader I am not.
2 different sizes does not suggest even to an idiot that you should run tires with different capabilities unless you are trying to achieve something. With these POS tires saving money at the price of quality is all you get unless you want a 40 series when all that can be found are 45's and they rub.

That car didn't come out with matched sized tires. Idiot. and the st1 and f60 are what goes together... Ya that's great one says it's their top of the line tire and the other brags about tread life and stiff carcass. ya. Go together like Abbott and Carlin

Here's a link to that award. Idiot https://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20190412/NEWS/190419983/federal-tire-s-evoluzion-f60-wins-red-dot-award.

Whats wrong with the Red Dot award site. Your link is a press release by Federal tire, not from the source. It's marketing smoouse. Pay to enter, brag over the award.

Even those who get a particpation award can brag they won one.

https://www.red-dot.org/fileadmin/_processed_/b/e/csm_RD_hm-1_59bd1501d6.jpg

If you win best of best you get listed as a winner on the site, everyone else is a pay to play donor and everyone seems to get a participation award.
https://i.postimg.cc/qR56LV6Q/tire6.png
https://i.postimg.cc/h4NpDNZ9/tire4.png

Federal tire DBA Federal Corporation has won 1 award for a truck tire.

https://i.postimg.cc/mDDFC2kt/tire5.png

Do you want to see more? A Red Dot is a ****ing joke award. Pay to brag marketing.

SAUTO
05-31-2019, 10:45 AM
ROFL whatever you say Googler.

You're a fucking dumbass

Frosty
05-31-2019, 11:01 AM
Interesting. We've had great luck with BF Goodrich Ecopia tires. Not a performance tire in any form, but ride great and good life span.

Ran Ecopias on my Forester as my summer tires and really liked them. Boosted my mileage a little and were very quiet. They had decent wet traction for low rolling resistant tires, though I wouldn't run them in the winter. Ended up replacing them with Continental TrueContact tires which I also really like so far. I don't get the mileage boost but they are just as quiet and have better wet traction (since they aren't LRR).

I'll probably go with Ecopias again when it comes time to replace the LRR tires on my Kia. The LRR Michelin tires that came stock on it are loud af so I'm not going that route for sure.

Frosty
05-31-2019, 11:02 AM
Also, is there anyone on this forum that can fuck up a thread as quickly as cooper_butthead? He's like SDH's retarded, meth-ed out little brother.

cooper barrett
05-31-2019, 11:03 AM
Like you had heard of a "Red Dot Award" before you Googled it.

Guess it take one to know one.

I was surprised you weren't running 6.50-14's on the front and 16.9 X 32 on the rear...

SAUTO
05-31-2019, 11:16 AM
Like you had heard of a "Red Dot Award" before you Googled it.

Guess it take one to know one.

I was surprised you weren't running 6.50-14's on the front and 16.9 X 32 on the rear...

I didn't Google anything today. I did a lot of research months ago when I bought the tires.

And 14s don't clear the brakes... do you know anything?

Hell most concave wheels won't clear on the rear, mine do though.

SAUTO
05-31-2019, 11:19 AM
And I do drive a truck that was wrecked. It's paid for. And they paid me 13,000 bucks to keep it AFTER they fixed it with all GM parts.

I think I came out great on that one.

cooper barrett
05-31-2019, 02:53 PM
I was joking, they are tractor sizes....16.9 X 32:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cooper barrett
05-31-2019, 03:18 PM
And I do drive a truck that was wrecked. It's paid for. And they paid me 13,000 bucks to keep it AFTER they fixed it with all GM parts.

I think I came out great on that one.

You did, I already told you that you did well. Diminished value can be a beautiful thing.

The blue Benz got force fed to Farmers after being repaired under their direction.. it wasn't DV but began that way and turned into fraud.

I was involved in the 70's and 80's with SCRS and in theory a properly repaired vehicle should be as good as what rolled out of the factory: shop and tech greed usually stop that from happening. I am sure we both have stories.