PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Ford vs Ferrari Movie

chinaski
06-03-2019, 07:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplCYUkuRGU

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yplCYUkuRGU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looks pretty good.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2019, 08:27 PM
Looks like it has potential. The Ford motor company tried to buy Ferrari but for whatever reason, Ferrari backed out of the deal. That's why Ford was so ticked off at Ferrari. And in reality, when you have unlimited money and resources and access to the best engineers and racing minds in the world, what the Ford motor company did was not all that amazing, at least, not in my opinion. That said, it's still a great story and the GT40 is still an amazing car.

crayzkirk
06-04-2019, 05:15 AM
It looks interesting, especially to people like me that are Ford fans. The GT40, with the 427 FE, was something special. LeMans changed the rules and basically banned the car by setting cubic inch limits.

COchief
06-04-2019, 05:42 AM
As a car guy that trailer gave me a semi. Glad Hollywood is tossing some money into this and a little surprised at the star power involved, looks like it's worth a watch.

InChiefsHeaven
06-04-2019, 06:34 AM
looks surprisingly good...

Chief Roundup
06-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Damn that looks pretty good with some good actors as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Bale and Damon are throwing 102 with movement in that trailer. I'm in.

Kiimo
06-04-2019, 07:02 PM
I'm working on this campaign and the trailer was done through my old work at a vendor who fired me once upon a time which has been delicious.

Marcellus
06-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Will watch. 100%.

Pablo
06-04-2019, 07:26 PM
Bale and Damon in anything is going to be fantastic. Looks like a great story for them to both shine in. I'm in.

Gadzooks
06-04-2019, 10:47 PM
There's already a doc on this topic that tells the whole story and is far less cheesy than this Hollywood B.S.
Saw it on Amazon. Not sure if it's still there...

Edit: The name is "The 24 Hour War"

eDave
06-04-2019, 10:57 PM
There's already a doc on this topic that tells the whole story and is far less cheesy than this Hollywood B.S.

https://coubsecure-s.akamaihd.net/get/b189/p/coub/simple/cw_timeline_pic/2e080f46be0/2ad4a476e9ea87b78396c/big_1506262372_image.jpg

Gadzooks
06-04-2019, 11:11 PM
Here's the trailer:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/90ES-zvDIeg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kiimo
06-05-2019, 08:44 AM

I hoped you watched the History Channel's 30 minute documentary on the Titanic instead of that Hollywood BS.

Because the purpose of movies is to convey information so I like to read wikipedia articles about Shakespeare plays, only chumps are actually entertained

IUsedToBeATightEnd
06-05-2019, 12:47 PM
For you car guys here's a movie about Ferrari's life.
Not an action movie or a race movie, kinda biography, but definitely worth seeing when you get a couple hours free time.
Unfortunately the youtube free version is low res.
It also explains why Ferrari refused to sell to Ford. Basically Ferrari wanted total freedom in managing the race team.

Full movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zYdXRweAsI

Trailler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BQyr34Ru-8

Gadzooks
06-05-2019, 01:41 PM
I hoped you watched the History Channel's 30 minute documentary on the Titanic instead of that Hollywood BS.

Because the purpose of movies is to convey information so I like to read wikipedia articles about Shakespeare plays, only chumps are actually entertained

I've never seen Titanic and have no desire to 'cause I'm not some dippy broad or teh ghey. Jeez, I was just trying to give another option to see the story.:harumph:

Kiimo
06-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Titanic is a really great film you missed out on all because you're not willing to suck a little cock jeez what's the big deal

srvy
06-05-2019, 02:58 PM
A night to remember is the only Titanic movie worth watching.

Baby Lee
06-16-2019, 09:24 AM
Excellent overview from The Lads

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oXuqMt5aDes" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Titanic is a really great film you missed out on all because you're not willing to suck a little cock jeez what's the big deal

Horrible movie. Almost as shitty as Avatar.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
06-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Looks good. Makes me think of my uncle's original '63 Shelby Cobra. I think it was a '63, anyway. Sold it a few years ago. Got 7 digits for it. He offered to let me drive it once. I didn't have the nerve. Had visions of some chick running a red and t-boning me. Kinda regret it

saphojunkie
06-16-2019, 03:56 PM

:facepalm:

chinaski
06-16-2019, 04:22 PM
Horrible movie. Almost as shitty as Avatar.

I didn't care for it either. I can appreciate the special effects that went into it, but the story was kind of ridiculous...that and knowing the ending, it sort of bored the shit out of me. I was sitting there the whole time waiting for the ****ing thing to sink. My sister, God rest her soul, made me watch it when it came out...She wanted me to like it, but I told her never again.

chinaski
06-16-2019, 04:25 PM
Looks good. Makes me think of my uncle's original '63 Shelby Cobra. I think it was a '63, anyway. Sold it a few years ago. Got 7 digits for it. He offered to let me drive it once. I didn't have the nerve. Had visions of some chick running a red and t-boning me. Kinda regret it

Wow! I remember when I was a kid, there was a Corvette Dealer in Raytown not too far from Fox Drug and Raytown Jewelry. They had an original AC in the parking lot for sale. I rode up there on my bicycle and asked the man how much the car was, and he said 75k. I remember thinking, jeez 75 thousand dollars! This was the early to mid 80's.

That one, and an original 289 AC Cobra that I have seen few times at the Fabulous Ford's show in Buena Park, CA, are the only "real" ones I have ever seen. I've toyed with the idea of building a Factory Five Kit, but I'm getting old and achy now.

Baby Lee
09-15-2019, 10:23 AM
New trailer is improvement, but still has too much Htown formula.

<iframe width="933" height="525" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I3h9Z89U9ZA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
09-15-2019, 10:49 AM
fapfapfapfap

ChiefaRoo
09-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Best thing about Ford is the 6.3% dividend.

Flying High D
09-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Is Ferrari a tackle for the Bengals?

Tombstone RJ
09-28-2019, 09:15 AM
when is this piece of shit gonna be out?

2bikemike
09-28-2019, 10:46 AM
If you don't know the story Ken Miles who drove the Ford GT had a chance to win the all 3 endurance races. (Daytona, Sebring and LeMans) After winning the first 2 he had a considrable lead at LeMans with his Ford Team mates in 2nd and 3rd.

Ownership wanted to get a pictrure of all 3 Fords crossing the line together. Miles slowed to let the others catch up. Bruce McClaren was driving one of the other cars. McClaren guns it and crosses the line first robbing Miles of the win.

Miles is killed in an accident at Riverside a few months later.

stevieray
09-28-2019, 02:46 PM
If you don't know the story Ken Miles who drove the Ford GT had a chance to win the all 3 endurance races. (Daytona, Sebring and LeMans) After winning the first 2 he had a considrable lead at LeMans with his Ford Team mates in 2nd and 3rd.

Ownership wanted to get a pictrure of all 3 Fords crossing the line together. Miles slowed to let the others catch up. Bruce McClaren was driving one of the other cars. McClaren guns it and crosses the line first robbing Miles of the win.

whoa.

BWillie
09-28-2019, 03:06 PM
Looks horrible

wisconsinchief
09-28-2019, 03:23 PM
If you're interested in the story, read "Go Like HELL: FORD, FERRARI, AND THEIR BATTLE FOR SPEED AND GLORY AT Le Mans" by A. J. Baime

Buehler445
09-28-2019, 06:28 PM

Jesus. I’d kill everyone.

Baby Lee
11-14-2019, 08:46 PM

Wow! I remember when I was a kid, there was a Corvette Dealer in Raytown not too far from Fox Drug and Raytown Jewelry. They had an original AC in the parking lot for sale. I rode up there on my bicycle and asked the man how much the car was, and he said 75k. I remember thinking, jeez 75 thousand dollars! This was the early to mid 80's.

That one, and an original 289 AC Cobra that I have seen few times at the Fabulous Ford's show in Buena Park, CA, are the only "real" ones I have ever seen. I've toyed with the idea of building a Factory Five Kit, but I'm getting old and achy now.

Cosby might be tarnished, but his stories are still entertaining

<iframe width="772" height="579" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3-JQksYxgM0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Look up the CSX 3303. Bill probably had the smart end of it, since the subsequent owner drove the car off a cliff into the Pacific Ocean.

https://barrettjacksoncdn.azureedge.net/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/44723/44723_Engine_Web.jpg