PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Receive $9.55M in Cap Space For Eric Berry's Post June 1 Release

TEX
06-04-2019, 07:28 AM
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/02/kansas-city-chiefs-earn-cap-space-for-eric-berry-post-june-1-release/

Best EB news in 2 years!

Eleazar
06-04-2019, 07:38 AM
Q

ChiliConCarnage
06-04-2019, 07:45 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/294i1hd.gif

Dante84
06-04-2019, 07:47 AM
June 4th cuts

sedated
06-04-2019, 07:52 AM
$24 million in current cap space. If they go into the season with anything close to that, it's a major mistake.

chinaski
06-04-2019, 07:55 AM
Good...Now get Jones locked up.

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 07:58 AM
$24 million in current cap space. If they go into the season with anything close to that, it's a major mistake.

I can't see that happening. It's been the plan all along to get Jones extended, and I believe that will still happen. Tyreek obviously isn't getting his big deal now, so there should still be money available for another corner. It defeats the point of a post June 1 cut to just roll that money into next year. They wouldn't have designated Berry as post June 1 if that was the plan.

Naptown Chief
06-04-2019, 07:59 AM
NB4 Spirit 'jokes'

O.city
06-04-2019, 08:00 AM
I can't see that happening. It's been the plan all along to get Jones extended, and I believe that will still happen. Tyreek obviously isn't getting his big deal now, so there should still be money available for another corner. It defeats the point of a post June 1 cut to just roll that money into next year. They wouldn't have designated Berry as post June 1 if that was the plan.

This team is just going to get more and more expensive though, so rolling money over isn't the worst idea.

Schwartz is gonna need a new deal soon, Fuller, etc.

It's just a shell game at this point.

threebag
06-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Maybe a portion of that 9.55 mill can be used to cover a tight end...

smithandrew051
06-04-2019, 08:13 AM
We need to make sure we go buy some money orders with that money and cash them.

We need to make sure our money is good and clean of any Haglund’s remains.

chiefzilla1501
06-04-2019, 08:24 AM
This team is just going to get more and more expensive though, so rolling money over isn't the worst idea.

Schwartz is gonna need a new deal soon, Fuller, etc.

It's just a shell game at this point.

The other option is you can also frontload Chris jones' contract so we don't wind up with another mega contract we can't wiggle out of like berry and Houston. I also wonder how much they're waiting on tyreek news and still keeping something of a placeholder for that.

FloridaMan88
06-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Get Chris Jones' contract done, get another CB and a #2 TE.

DTVietnam
06-04-2019, 08:44 AM
give that to Reek and lets end this offseason torture

O.city
06-04-2019, 09:05 AM
Get Chris Jones' contract done, get another CB and a #2 TE.

I'm good with another CB, but just develop what you've got at TE2. One of these rookies or something.

Dunerdr
06-04-2019, 09:35 AM
id happily front load a chris jones contact. theres always a chance that he goes down hard in a few years ala poe. make it a nice payday front loaded, and team friendly when it counts. have a little to possibly make a trade.

Hoover
06-04-2019, 09:46 AM
Darius Slay is holding out and wanting a new contract in Detroit.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 09:48 AM
All the Chiefs have to do is basically move shit around and put a ton of money into the 21 season, why?

Cause that strike is going to last awhile and by the time it's over the cap may increase upwards of 75 million dollars. Problem solved.

O.city
06-04-2019, 10:05 AM
All the Chiefs have to do is basically move shit around and put a ton of money into the 21 season, why?

Cause that strike is going to last awhile and by the time it's over the cap may increase upwards of 75 million dollars. Problem solved.

There won't be a strike.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 10:19 AM
There won't be a strike.

Bullshit, it's going to happen and if it doesn't it's because the owners willfully agreed to pay a ton more money.

You're talking about players that think they got fucked last time, agents and the union telling guys to prepare to miss a season, owners wanting an 18 game schedule...

There is going to be a strike and a big ass cap increase.

O.city
06-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Bullshit, it's going to happen and if it doesn't it's because the owners willfully agreed to pay a ton more money.

You're talking about players that think they got ****ed last time, agents and the union telling guys to prepare to miss a season, owners wanting an 18 game schedule...

They're gonna forfeit actual money to strike? Call me crazy, but i'll believe that when I see it.

Flying High D
06-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Last time they striked it crashed mbped like a pillar of salt. You could throw Roseanne oout there In a jersey and people would watch.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Last time they striked it crashed mbped like a pillar of salt. You could throw Roseanne oout there In a jersey and people would watch.

That was what 35 years ago?

Things change and anymore people don't want inferior products ask the AAF.

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 10:45 AM

I hope that you're wrong. A strike would suck. And there's no reason for a strike. Players make plenty already.

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 10:48 AM
That was what 35 years ago?

Things change and anymore people don't want inferior products ask the AAF.

I would watch. Hell, I would probably go to every replacement game and hold a sign telling the owners to stand strong and don't give in to the greedy players

dirk digler
06-04-2019, 10:50 AM

You're talking about players that think they got fucked last time, agents and the union telling guys to prepare to miss a season, owners wanting an 18 game schedule...

They are already quietly negotiating an extension so I doubt there will be a strike.

O.city
06-04-2019, 10:52 AM
I would watch. Hell, I would probably go to every replacement game and hold a sign telling the owners to stand strong and don't give in to the greedy players

Yeah, those billionaires should stand strong

suzzer99
06-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Jesus - I just realized if there's a strike Trump is going to jump in and try to get his followers all riled up against ungrateful (black) millionaires again. Ugh.

O.city
06-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Would anyone be interesting in flipping a pick to the Lions and giving Slay an extension?

Bugeater
06-04-2019, 11:14 AM
Jesus - I just realized if there's a strike Trump is going to jump in and try to get his followers all riled up against ungrateful (black) millionaires again. Ugh.

Shut the fuck up with that bullshit

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Shocker you’re a pro-management, anti-labor shill.

New World Order
06-04-2019, 11:18 AM

http://i1.wp.com/www.dailycal.org/assets/uploads/2014/10/giphy.gif?resize=702%2C395

Mecca
06-04-2019, 11:30 AM

Yea how dare those players who have limited earning years want more from billionaires.

Also compared to the rest of the sports leagues football players have the worst deal, their money % is the lowest, their careers are the shortest and their after playing years care is by far the worst.....and the sport has been a money driver and top grossing sport for roughly 20 years now..

But tell me how they aren't getting hosed.

BossChief
06-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Jj is one of the most ignorant posters on here.

Aspengc8
06-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Would anyone be interesting in flipping a pick to the Lions and giving Slay an extension?

I'd rather spend the money on a deal for Jones and Hill.

loochy
06-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Yeah, those billionaires should stand strong

They kind of deserve each other. F em all, just entertain us!

Buckweath
06-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Hell no.. I cannot stand a player who already has a nice contract with two years left on his contract and who wants a raise.

Anyways, this team cannot afford to pay big dollars for a CB at this point and Slay is 28 years old with two years left on his contract so it doesn't make sense to extend him at this point.

Chances are his play will decline when his contract runs out, like most other CBs.

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Yea how dare those players who have limited earning years want more from billionaires.

Also compared to the rest of the sports leagues football players have the worst deal, their money % is the lowest, their careers are the shortest and their after playing years care is by far the worst.....and the sport has been a money driver and top grossing sport for roughly 20 years now..

But tell me how they aren't getting hosed.

Each team is spending close to $200 million every year for player salaries. That is plenty of money to go around for 53 players. The problem isn't the cap, the problem is players like Aaron Rodgers who has already made more money than his family can spend for generations demanding even more. Why???? If you can never possibly spend it, why ask for it? Let the team use it to pay the other players on the team. Why is that so hard to understand?

suzzer99
06-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Shut the fuck up with that bullshit

You know it's going to happen. He can't help himself but get involved and he's had a bone to pick with the NFL since the USFL.

notorious
06-04-2019, 12:19 PM
I will side with the players 99% of the time.

They have unique skills mixed with hard work to earn their salary. Most owners were born with a silver spoon shoved up their ass, fuck the locals cities up the ass on stadium deals, and gouge their fans relentlessly.

Fuck the owners.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Each team is spending close to $200 million every year for player salaries. That is plenty of money to go around for 53 players. The problem isn't the cap, the problem is players like Aaron Rodgers who has already made more money than his family can spend for generations demanding even more. Why???? If you can never possibly spend it, why ask for it? Let the team use it to pay the other players on the team. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you think that the best player at the most important position should take less money so joe blow schlub who is number 53 on the roster can make more money......that just isn't how shit works, do you think you should make less money so minimum wage worker can survive? I don't think so....

The NFL owners are jacking the players far more than any other sport is.

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 12:27 PM

Franchise QBs, not the owners that pay them 15+% of the cap, are the problem?

Jeez, you got a non-owner scapegoat for everything.

Buckweath
06-04-2019, 12:30 PM

They have unique skills mixed with hard work to earn their salary. Most owners were born with a silver spoon shoved up their ass, **** the locals cities up the ass on stadium deals, and gouge their fans relentlessly.

**** the owners.
The fans are the ones paying the players' salaries, not the owner.

Of course, the owners will always take their part.

So when the players are asking for more, it is always the fans who have to pay more (or new fans), make no mistake.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Ah so it's players fault that owners raise prices so they can continue to make large profits.

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 12:34 PM

So when the players are asking for more, it is always the fans who have to pay more (or new fans), make no mistake.

The owners can take a 40/60 split and provide better post-career health insurance in the next CBA without soaking the fans. They don't, of course, because that's not how billionaire capitalism works.

But, by all means, keep blaming the players. Personally, I don't watch the Chiefs to see CHunt in his owners box.

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Ah so it's players fault that owners raise prices so they can continue to make large profits.

Damn those players that don't actually set prices or gouge municipalities for sweetheart stadium deals!

Hoover
Source: Patriots to release TE Seferian-Jenkins

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots have informed veteran tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins that he is being released, a source told ESPN's Field Yates on Tuesday.

Seferian-Jenkins had signed a modest one-year, $895,000 contract on April 10, and he was vying for a roster spot at a position where the Patriots are transitioning without the retired Rob Gronkowski. The contract included just $50,000 in guaranteed money.

Seferian-Jenkins wasn't at the team's mandatory minicamp Tuesday, with coach Bill Belichick foreshadowing his release by saying that all players who were required to be present had reported.

EDITOR'S PICKS

In a 'never-good-enough' culture, 2019 Patriots start to take shape

NFL minicamps live: Best from around the league
The 26-year-old Seferian-Jenkins, who has 116 career receptions for 1,160 yards and 11 touchdowns in 43 games over five seasons, also wasn't present during a voluntary practice in May that had been open to reporters.

Veteran Benjamin Watson headlines the Patriots' depth chart at tight end, but he will miss the first four games of the season due to an NFL suspension for banned substances.

Matt LaCosse, Ryan Izzo, Stephen Anderson and Andrew Beck round out the depth chart.

Seferian-Jenkins had 11 catches for 90 yards and a touchdown before going on injured reserve in early October with a core muscle injury that required surgery. He became a free agent when the Jacksonville Jaguars declined his $500,000 option for 2019.

Seferian-Jenkins joined the Jaguars on a two-year, $10 million deal before last season after resurrecting his career with the Jets. The Bucs cut him after a September 2016 drunken-driving arrest, which ultimately resulted in a two-game suspension by the NFL at the start of the 2017 season.

suzzer99
The players do get effed pretty hard - especially the rookie deals. Mahomes is worth 50 times what we're paying him.

Also the franchise tag. The leverage of a potential franchise tag for 2 years in a row (3rd year is never worth it for the owners) is just ludicrous and I don't blame any player who gets stuck with that for revolting. Most players, RBs especially, if you play out their rookie deal and 2 franchise tags are on the downslope by then.

staylor26
06-04-2019, 12:36 PM
I’d be all over ASJ.

O.city
06-04-2019, 12:36 PM

TV money pays the salaries.

Hoover
06-04-2019, 12:38 PM
I’d be all over ASJ.
yep.

And he's already signed a one-year, $895,000 to just make it a million or something.

Plus now he hates the Pats!

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 12:39 PM
The players do get effed pretty hard - especially the rookie deals and the franchise tag.

Mahomes is worth 50 times what we're paying him.

Under the current CBA, MVPat theoretically could be kept from reaching FA for at least 7 years. For QBs, who play well in the modern era in their late 30s, that's not a huge deal.

Far greater problem for the other positions, though. It certainly distorts the market for a player's services.

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 12:39 PM

They have unique skills mixed with hard work to earn their salary. Most owners were born with a silver spoon shoved up their ass, **** the locals cities up the ass on stadium deals, and gouge their fans relentlessly.

**** the owners.

Lol. Do you realize that if the cap goes up that it's just the rich that will get richer? Look at the last CBA. They placed a rookie scale that freed up a lot of money for vets. But the average players aren't making that much more. Yet, during the same time frame, QB and elite passrusher salaries have doubled. Same thin will happen if they increase the cap. The backups and average starters aren't going to see hardly any increase. But Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, and Andrew Luck will make $50 million a year and people will still blame the owners. ROFL

O.city
06-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Lol. Do you realize that if the cap goes up that it's just the rich that will get richer? Look at the last CBA. They placed a rookie scale that freed up a lot of money for vets. But the average players aren't making that much more. Yet, during the same time frame, QB and elite passrusher salaries have doubled. Same thin will happen if they increase the cap. The backups and average starters aren't going to see hardly any increase. But Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, and Andrew Luck will make $50 million a year and people will still blame the owners. ROFL

Why aren't they worth that?

suzzer99
06-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Under the current CBA, MVPat theoretically could be kept from reaching FA for at least 7 years. For QBs, who play well in the modern era in their late 30s, that's not a huge deal.

Far greater problem for the other positions, though. It certainly distorts the market for a player's services.

And it would be the biggest fuck you ever for us to do that to him. It sucks for the players though that the teams have that kind of ultimate leverage - even if they rarely use it - just having it makes a big difference.

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 12:41 PM

Who gives out those contracts, numbnuts??

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Jj is one of the most ignorant posters on here.

You're not kidding.

Skyy God
06-04-2019, 12:44 PM
I’d be all over ASJ.

Stepped away for a month for personal issues.

BB don't have time for that.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 12:45 PM

All positions have seen their salaries go up, its just more marginal dudes and backup guys find their careers to be cheap and short, you could see the union propose a bird style rule to keep vets like that around that have value or possibly ask for a higher minimum salary.

MLB's weren't making bank like CJ Mosely just got 8 years ago, you raise the cap more guys do get paid.

Discuss Thrower
06-04-2019, 12:47 PM
As if the MLB isn't facing a lockout because of their "unfair" player compensation.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 12:48 PM
As if the MLB isn't facing a lockout because of their "unfair" player compensation.

MLB doesn't usually have to many issues in that regard unless they start talking about salary caps....

The MLB union has fought their asses off and it's why their deal is so good.

O.city
06-04-2019, 12:49 PM
In terms of competition as fans though, we should want it to be like it is now. Teams aren't saddled with guaranteed contracts for guys that are hurt.

Discuss Thrower
06-04-2019, 12:49 PM
MLB doesn't usually have to many issues in that regard unless they start talking about salary caps....

The MLB union has fought their asses off and it's why their deal is so good.

lol there's going to be a strike because of owners colluding to not spend dumb money on contracts.

staylor26
06-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Stepped away for a month for personal issues.

BB don't have time for that.

He’s still way better than what we have behind Kelce.

oldman
06-04-2019, 12:52 PM
Going back to the original point, how much could we front load a contract with Jones and handcuff ourselves? Obviously the Berry money, but how much more could we do without. I'd be up for a mid-level CB (if there's one out there), but I'm all in on developing a TE2 with what we have now.

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2019, 12:52 PM
I would watch. Hell, I would probably go to every replacement game and hold a sign telling the owners to stand strong and don't give in to the greedy playersWhy? The owners are making a TON. Running backs aren't making much at all. I'm guessing that fixing that position situation alone will be seen as important.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 12:53 PM
lol there's going to be a strike because of owners colluding to not spend dumb money on contracts.

Well in reality, they aren't supposed to be colluding.

jjchieffan
Why aren't they worth that?

Why are they worth that? Why does anyone need to make more money than their family could spend for generations to come? You guys call me names and Mick me instead of answering the question. There's a reason for that. The only answer is greed and you don't want to give that answer, so you Mick me instead. Suits me. I take those answers as you just tapping out.

Discuss Thrower
In terms of competition as fans though, we should want it to be like it is now. Teams aren't saddled with guaranteed contracts for guys that are hurt.

Erm, no.

There is no "competition." There are only the 4 to 6 teams with quarterbacks capable of consistently taking advantage of the broken rulebook the league operates under year in and year out and then 26 to 28 other teams of also-rans.

Discuss Thrower
06-04-2019, 12:54 PM
Well in reality, they aren't supposed to overpay veterans for the same amount of quantifiable production that can be had from drafting and developing their own prospects .

FYP.

Mecca
06-04-2019, 12:54 PM
Why are they worth that? Why does anyone need to make more money than their family could spend for generations to come? You guys call me names and Mick me instead of answering the question. There's a reason for that. The only answer is greed and you don't want to give that answer, so you Mick me instead. Suits me. I take those answers as you just tapping out.

Because that is what the market says?

All you are calling for is owners to pocket more money, at least reward the players for driving the game.

O.city
06-04-2019, 12:56 PM
Erm, no.

There is no "competition." There are only the 4 to 6 teams with quarterbacks capable of consistently taking advantage of the broken rulebook the league operates under year in and year out and then 26 to 28 other teams of also-rans.

Yeah, that's competition. Get better players I guess.

O.city
06-04-2019, 12:57 PM

It's what the market says they're worth?

Capitalism at it's finest.

Discuss Thrower
06-04-2019, 12:57 PM

How'd that work out for Kansas City between 2004 - 2017?

O.city
06-04-2019, 12:58 PM
Why? The owners are making a TON. Running backs aren't making much at all. I'm guessing that fixing that position situation alone will be seen as important.

Running back isn't an important position to spend a lot of money on. Why should teams be forced to pay on it?

O.city
06-04-2019, 12:59 PM
How'd that work out for Kansas City between 2004 - 2017?

Not very good since they didn't get better players and or management?

O.city
06-04-2019, 01:00 PM
There has always been a handful of dominant teams in every sport because they have better players or are ran better.

How does changing the amount of money players are paid change that?

OKchiefs
06-04-2019, 01:01 PM
The players do get effed pretty hard - especially the rookie deals. Mahomes is worth 50 times what we're paying him.

Also the franchise tag. The leverage of a potential franchise tag for 2 years in a row (3rd year is never worth it for the owners) is just ludicrous and I don't blame any player who gets stuck with that for revolting. Most players, RBs especially, if you play out their rookie deal and 2 franchise tags are on the downslope by then.

Do you really want to go back to the days when Eric Berry became the highest paid safety from day 1?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-04-2019, 01:01 PM
PR: Think of all the one day contracts

O.city
06-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Why would the union fight for the franchise tag to go away? That's like 3 or 4 players per year.

Plus it's not like you're playing for peanuts. FFS, LeVeon was slated to get what, 15 mil last year?

CoMoChief
06-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Has Berry signed anywhere yet?

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Because that is what the market says?

All you are calling for is owners to pocket more money, at least reward the players for driving the game.

Actually, no. I'm calling for the owners to continue to keep the share they're already getting. I'm just saying quit overpaying the top player or two on the team and the current percentage (which is already $200 million) will be more than enough for everyone. If Aaron Rodgers played fifteen years at $20 million his career earnings would be $300 million. If he gets $40 million per year that's $600 million. Tell me exactly what he could do with the $600 million that he couldn't do with $300 million? I know what the team could do. The team could bring in more talent to help Aaron win another Superbowl. But that's not important to the star players like we think it is. They care about being paid a stupid amount of money.

sedated
06-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Actually, no. I'm calling for the owners to continue to keep the share they're already getting. I'm just saying quit overpaying the top player or two on the team and the current percentage (which is already $200 million) will be more than enough for everyone. If Aaron Rodgers played fifteen years at $20 million his career earnings would be $300 million. If he gets $40 million per year that's $600 million. Tell me exactly what he could do with the $600 million that he couldn't do with $300 million? I know what the team could do. The team could bring in more talent to help Aaron win another Superbowl. But that's not important to the star players like we think it is. They care about being paid a stupid amount of money.

Are you saying to even out compensation so that it's more evenly dispersed among the workforce, despite what the market demands for individual players?

Sounds like socialism.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-04-2019, 01:19 PM
This money better be going to Jones and Fuller

Mecca
06-04-2019, 01:20 PM
So let me ask a question, if you were the top of the line at your position and maybe 2 other people in the world could do what you do at your level.....do you really think you should have your salary cut in the interest of fairness?

IowaHawkeyeChief
06-04-2019, 01:34 PM
So let me ask a question, if you were the top of the line at your position and maybe 2 other people in the world could do what you do at your level.....do you really think you should have your salary cut in the interest of fairness?

^this^

Fair isn't equal... Let the market decide and some will make bad choices.

Hoover
06-04-2019, 01:36 PM
This money better be going to Jones and Fuller
At this point I would also sign Fuller.

Look this shit up. Hill's contract next year is going to be an issue because its essentially going to have to be all guaranteed. But that might actually be good for both parties.

suzzer99
06-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Why would the union fight for the franchise tag to go away? That's like 3 or 4 players per year.

Plus it's not like you're playing for peanuts. FFS, LeVeon was slated to get what, 15 mil last year?

He would have gotten 4x that in guaranteed money as a free agent.

O.city
06-04-2019, 01:37 PM
At this point I would also sign Fuller.

Look this shit up. Hill's contract next year is going to be an issue because its essentially going to have to be all guaranteed. But that might actually be good for both parties.

I'd imagine Clark got Hill's money. They might tag and trade him or something.

BossChief
06-04-2019, 01:38 PM

That’s some dumb shit right there.

O.city
06-04-2019, 01:39 PM
He would have gotten 4x that in guaranteed money as a free agent.

Why didn't he get 4x that in guaranteed money this offseason?

suzzer99
06-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Why didn't he get 4x that in guaranteed money this offseason?

A year older, malcontent, had to take the best deal out there.

If he was a free agent at the end of his rookie deal he'd have made bank.

Bugeater
06-04-2019, 01:43 PM

He wasn't talking about players.

Bugeater
06-04-2019, 01:48 PM
There has always been a handful of dominant teams in every sport because they have better players or are ran better.

How does changing the amount of money players are paid change that?
Ran better? Like getting your HoF QB to agree to play for far less than market value? If that is what you're suggesting I'm all for it.

-King-
06-04-2019, 02:36 PM

So if Mahomes wants to be paid on par with other top 5 QBs, we shouldn't pay him?

loochy
06-04-2019, 02:56 PM
So if Mahomes wants to be paid on par with other top 5 QBs, we shouldn't pay him?

no because greedy mahomes

chunt is the man! stick it to him chunt!

O.city
06-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Ran better? Like getting your HoF QB to agree to play for far less than market value? If that is what you're suggesting I'm all for it.

Sure.

Or not overpaying players that don't perform to that level.

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 04:15 PM

It depends on the money I'm making. If it's $100,000 a year versus $1 million a year, give me the max. But if it's $20 million a year versus $30 million and that extra $10 million could be used to help and my coworkers be better, give me the $20 million. If u can't spend it, why would I want/need it?

jjchieffan
06-04-2019, 04:29 PM

No. Mahomes gets paid. You have to do it. Even though it will cripple the ability to build a good team around him. It would be nice to see him say give me $20 million per year. That's plenty. But, only Brady does that. Hmmm. I wonder how he's won 6 rings?

-King-
06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
No. Mahomes gets paid. You have to do it. Even though it will cripple the ability to build a good team around him. It would be nice to see him say give me $20 million per year. That's plenty. But, only Brady does that. Hmmm. I wonder how he's won 6 rings?

He also is the only player in the league who has a wife more than him so that makes taking discounts a little easier. And I think Bill belichick has a little something to do with those rings btw.

T-post Tom
06-04-2019, 05:11 PM
EB to the 49ers? Even after overpaying Ford, they have over $35.5M in cap space. Jimmie Ward is a walking ace bandage and out again, this time with a broken collarbone. The two combined might be able to cobble together a full 16 games. :hmmm:

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2019, 05:54 PM
I see that no one wants Berry still...

What a shock!

Now, I don't give a f*** what these players make. If they want to make the moon, give it to them. If the high-dollar players want to take a little bit of a discount to help build their team so that they can get some rings, let them do it.

None of us have any say in this matter. Zero. so quit wasting your time arguing about it and let us celebrate the extra money that we picked up by kicking that fucking hobo off our team!

JakeF
06-04-2019, 08:47 PM
I don't care about how much money either side makes. The problem is the higher the salary cap goes the less small markets can compete. I want my team to have the highest chance to win so fuck the NFLPA.

BossChief
06-04-2019, 09:06 PM
I don't care about how much money either side makes. The problem is the higher the salary cap goes the less small markets can compete. I want my team to have the highest chance to win so fuck the NFLPA.

It’s one thing to be thought of as a fool...it’s another to open your mouth and prove it.

JakeF
06-04-2019, 09:14 PM
It’s one thing to be thought of as a fool...it’s another to open your mouth and prove it.You walk around this place as if you work for the NFL or something. You know exactly dick.

Small markets bring in way fewer media money, parking lot money. All the extra stuff that teams don't have to share with all the other teams. That gives those teams extra signing bonus money to make deals with etc. The Hunt family might have billionaire money but they still aren't going to lose millions every year on the Chiefs.

So yea, a higher salary cap hurts smaller markets. The teams spend the same about of money for the players but markets like New York have a higher cost of living and bring more money in so it's easier for them to pay players. If you were half as smart as you act, you would already know this.

O.city
06-04-2019, 09:36 PM
It’s equal market sharing to cover the cap. They all have the same amount of money to spend on players

This isn’t rocket surgery

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2019, 09:38 PM
You walk around this place as if you work for the NFL or something. You know exactly dick.

Small markets bring in way fewer media money, parking lot money. All the extra stuff that teams don't have to share with all the other teams. That gives those teams extra signing bonus money to make deals with etc. The Hunt family might have billionaire money but they still aren't going to lose millions every year on the Chiefs.

So yea, a higher salary cap hurts smaller markets. The teams spend the same about of money for the players but markets like New York have a higher cost of living and bring more money in so it's easier for them to pay players. If you were half as smart as you act, you would already know this.

if it's all about higher cost-of-living, then it makes the cap arbitrary. Your point makes no sense.

RealSNR
06-04-2019, 11:29 PM
You walk around this place as if you work for the NFL or something. You know exactly dick.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/QIfYVaMug3MBy" width="480" height="256" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/cat-stupid-sneaky-QIfYVaMug3MBy">via GIPHY</a></p>

sedated
06-05-2019, 07:18 AM

Are you drunk?

Skyy God
06-05-2019, 07:25 AM
Are you drunk?

It’s just Jake.

loochy
06-05-2019, 07:30 AM
Are you drunk?

Apparently his mom was while she was pregnant with him

MahiMike
06-05-2019, 07:39 AM

**** the owners.

Socialism is for Fags