PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Training camp predictions

RunKC
06-07-2019, 12:51 PM
It’s boring right now in terms of football talk, so let’s create a fun thread for camp.

Who is the rookie/newcomer that you think will surprise and make the team? (This year’s Ben Neimann)

Who is a rookie/low profile name that you think will have a good camp and be fawned over by the team/media?

Who is the veteran most likely to be cut?

Do you think the Chiefs will acquire a player in August? If so, who?

Bonus! Do you think Colquitt is going to be be replaced?

New World Order
06-07-2019, 12:56 PM
It’s boring right now in terms of football talk, so let’s create a fun thread for camp.

Who is the rookie/newcomer that you think will surprise and make the team? (This year’s Ben Neimann)

Gary Johnson

Who is a rookie/low profile name that you think will have a good camp and be fawned over by the team/media?

Joe Fortson

Ragland

Trae Waynes

No

In58men
06-07-2019, 12:58 PM

Mark Fields

Cody Thompson

Carlos Hyde

No, money will go to Jones and now possibly Hill

No.

Answers in the quote.

Buckweath
06-07-2019, 01:09 PM
Answers in the quote.

There is like zero chance Veach doesn't trade for a CB.

Hammock Parties
06-07-2019, 01:09 PM
The defense looking like a bag of ass thanks to our re-assemblage of the 99 Rams offense.

RunKC
06-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Hard for me to see Xavier Williams making this team. He’s got a high savings amount if released and with Speaks playing more inside this year, you have Jones, Saunders, Speaks and Hamilton. Not seeing room for him.

Cody Thompson is gonna make the team. He’s an excellent ST’s player, he has good hands and he’s a really good route runner.

Still see Pringle getting a ton of love at camp. Look out for Juan Thornhill.

I agree with Buckweath that a corner will be acquired. We brought in every corner imaginable in FA and before the draft. I’m thinking Rhodes is a good bet.

Buckweath
06-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Hard for me to see Xavier Williams making this team. He’s got a high savings amount if released and with Speaks playing more inside this year, you have Jones, Saunders, Speaks and Hamilton. Not seeing room for him.

Cody Thompson is gonna make the team. He’s an excellent ST’s player, he has good hands and he’s a really good route runner.

Still see Pringle getting a ton of love at camp. Look out for Juan Thornhill.

I agree with Buckweath that a corner will be acquired. We brought in every corner imaginable in FA and before the draft. I’m thinking Rhodes is a good bet.

I disagree on Williams.

He was solid last year.

This team has enough cap space as it is and this is William's last year on his contract.

And you need him at least for clear running play, short-yardage situations and goalline defense.

You have Nnadi but then Jones, Saunders and Speaks are not big/stout enough to stop the run the in the middle on those short-yardage situations.

Unless they want to keep Hamilton over Williams, I think Williams is a keeper.

jjchieffan
06-07-2019, 02:01 PM
I expect Mahomes to throw more interceptions in camp than Flaccid does and Donk homers will be in here telling us how Flaccid is better than Mahomes.

gonefishin53
06-07-2019, 06:27 PM
With Kelce limited in TC, John Lovett for questions 1 and 2. Reggie Ragland for question 3. Trae Waynes for question 4.