PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fuller taking #29 (Berry) jersey number

BlackOp
06-17-2019, 04:23 AM
I thought this was interesting...considering Berry hasn't signed with anyone. Shortly after Fuller talked about it...NFL.com announces 3 teams are interested in Berry.

Obviously, what happened last season didn't sit well with KC brass...otherwise they would usually hold off on issuing his number a few months after he was released.

It was a "Um, yeah...you're not coming back. Have a nice life." move..."enjoy the money you stole from us."

Gravedigger
06-17-2019, 05:14 AM
At least someone will get use out of it.

jjchieffan
06-17-2019, 06:20 AM
Sorry, but I don't want him back at any price anyway. If his heel was sore enough to keep him out all season, then it's probably not going to be any better this year. He's done. Let someone else pay his spirit to stand on the sidelines looking like he's homeless.

TEX
06-17-2019, 06:36 AM
Sorry, but I don't want him back at any price anyway. If his heel was sore enough to keep him out all season, then it's probably not going to be any better this year. He's done. Let someone else pay his spirit to stand on the sidelines looking like he's homeless.

This.

Dunerdr
06-17-2019, 06:59 AM
i dont think anyone gives a flying fuck about numbers outside players themselves and fans who make posts like this...

WhawhaWhat
06-17-2019, 08:13 AM
i dont think anyone gives a flying **** about numbers outside players themselves and fans who make posts like this...

Retired numbers are stupid too.

TribalElder
06-17-2019, 08:16 AM
jersey has already played more snaps this year

Frazod
06-17-2019, 08:32 AM
Haglund certainly did an amazing job of shitting all over his legacy. At this point, if he signed with Denver tomorrow it really wouldn't lower my opinion of him.

BleedingRed
06-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Haglund certainly did an amazing job of shitting all over his legacy. At this point, if he signed with Denver tomorrow it really wouldn't lower my opinion of him.

Had he just had the surgery, I mean wtf was he thinking?

Chiefspants
06-17-2019, 08:38 AM
I will say that from the Chiefs' specific praise of Honey Badger ("he's always there for his team, can always be counted on the perform at his highest level") and by the way they cut him instantly and had zero issues giving his number to Fuller (a big deal to some players) that the Chiefs were very eager to professionally move on from EB.

There's been a lot of speculation about how/if his body can bounce back from surgery at this point. EB's has been through an harrowing amount of intense treatment for cancer and it's incredible he was able to still bounce back and perform like he did in 2016.

At a certain level, a human body just can't cope anymore. I empathize with this quite a lot, as I found out I have arthritis in two joints in my back and even the most expensive surgery I could get would likely only get me to the same mobility/pain that I'm already at. Basically I have to give up rowing, squats, deadlifts, can't swing a bat (even in beer league) anymore, take jumps while snowboarding, will never learn to play golf and I have to stretch each morning despite how much I may want to be as active as I once was.

I'll always love looking back at EB's performance and comeback through 2016 - but it was clear after last season we had to part ways. I wouldn't be surprised if whichever team he lands on has him as more of a role player moving forward.

ptlyon
06-17-2019, 08:39 AM

Whoa. Whoa. WHOA. DON'T BE GOING OFF HURTING HIS FEELINGS

TEX
06-17-2019, 09:02 AM
I will say that from the Chiefs' praise of Honey Badger (he's always there for his team, can always be counted on the perform at his highest level) and by the way they cut him instantly and had zero issues giving his number to Fuller (a big deal to some players) that the Chiefs were very eager to professionally move on from EB.

There's been a lot of speculation about how/if his body can bounce back from surgery at this point. EB's has been through an harrowing amount of intense treatment for cancer and it's incredible he was able to still bounce back and perform like he did in 2016.

At a certain level, the body just can't cope anymore. I empathize with this quite a lot, as I found out I have arthritis in two joints in my back and even the most expensive surgery I could get would likely only get me to the same mobility/pain that I'm already at. Basically I have to give up rowing, can't swing a bat (even in beer league) anymore, take jumps while snowboarding, and have to stretch each morning despite how much I may want to be as active as I once was.

I'll always love looking back at EB's performance and comeback through 2016 - but it was clear after last season we had to part ways. I wouldn't be surprised if whichever team he lands on has him as more of a role player moving forward.

Dude is D-O-N-E. He needs to coach if he wants to stay in the NFL.

Dunerdr
06-17-2019, 09:18 AM
i love him as a player, after last year i have questions about him as a team mate.

WhiteWhale
06-17-2019, 10:38 AM
Who cares?

Berry isn't on the team anymore. We gave someone Dee Ford's number as well. So ****ing what?

Berry was a great player when healthy, but he's not a sacred cow. There are a limited amount of numbers and KC has ALREADY retired too many. This isn't some direct insult to Eric Berry.

Chief Northman
06-17-2019, 10:41 AM
Real thread-worthy.

Especially at 4:23AM.

Did you wake up in a cold sweat thinking KC somehow was getting Berry back in the fold?

Take some NyQuil.

WhiteWhale
06-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Retired numbers are stupid too.

I don't have a huge problem with retiring the numbers of absolute legends.

KC already has 10 retired numbers, and Joe Delany's 37 isn't OFFICIALLY retired but it's clearly off limits as well. The list includes a lot of great players, but it's excessive.

There are other ways to honor legends.

BlackOp
06-17-2019, 11:01 AM
Who cares?

Berry isn't on the team anymore. We gave someone Dee Ford's number as well. So ****ing what?

Berry was a great player when healthy, but he's not a sacred cow. There are a limited amount of numbers and KC has ALREADY retired too many. This isn't some direct insult to Eric Berry.

Fuller already had a number...

Grim
06-17-2019, 11:09 AM

Now he has the same number that he had in Washington. It probably meant something to him.

Redbled
06-17-2019, 11:13 AM
I find the thread interesting only because the chances Berry comes back on the cheap went from five percent to zero.

WhiteWhale
06-17-2019, 11:14 AM

No shit, and now he has a new one. The number he would have requested if not held by an all pro player. Yanno who's not holding that number anymore?

But yeah, I'm sure it was KC who went to him and were like "Hey Kendall, we want to throw passive aggressive shade at Eric Berry, so we're changing your number to insult him."

I mean I'm sure it wasn't just Fuller wanting to use the number he's had for most of his career or anything. That requires zero assumptions and simply awareness of the obvious. It was all about KC being mean to Eric Berry, which only assumes that the franchise is petty , resentful. and passive aggressive in their desire to throw shade at former players and kick them while they're down. A totally reasonable thing to just accept credulously.

Are you familiar with Occam's razor?

WhiteWhale
06-17-2019, 11:23 AM
I find the thread interesting only because the chances Berry comes back on the cheap went from five percent to zero.

KC signed a FA safety, drafted one high, and are still high on Watts.

There was always a 0 percent chance. Just like there was no chance of trying bring Houston back.

Rawlsian
06-17-2019, 11:40 AM
Well this is awkward

-King-
06-17-2019, 12:09 PM
ROFL Blackop thinks a player changing his number is a conspiracy against Berry.

Did you think Ben Neimann wearing #56 was a slight to DJ also?

srvy
06-17-2019, 01:49 PM
He is taking Albert Lewis 29 did Berry play for us?

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Technically it's been available for years.

Deberg_1990
06-17-2019, 05:27 PM
When does Berry go into the Chiefs ring?

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 05:39 PM
When does Berry go into the Chiefs ring?Clay should be there first.

Chief Roundup
06-17-2019, 05:40 PM
When does Berry go into the Chiefs ring?

never

Kiimo
06-17-2019, 05:42 PM
never

Berry was my favorite college player and was electric and was my favorite Chief for a time. But yeah, no ring. No way.

I'll always remember the 5th dimension. His college highlight real is one of the best I've seen. Trucking fools.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Meaningless number. Not one shade of a fart given.

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 07:34 PM
Meaningless number. Not one shade of a fart given.

F that, I'm thrilled it's on a player who will actually play. So yeah, I give a fart. Nothing worse for a team than a player who won't play.

King_Chief_Fan
06-17-2019, 07:34 PM
Perfect....Berry didn't use it for 2 years

stevieray
06-17-2019, 07:39 PM
That seems nice.

Flying High D
06-17-2019, 08:08 PM
Where’s those berry ball washers at?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 08:17 PM
F that, I'm thrilled it's on a player who will actually play. So yeah, I give a fart. Nothing worse for a team than a player who won't play.

Anyone under God's sun who took the number would play and be more productive with it. I don't associate that number with greatness.

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 08:57 PM
Anyone under God's sun who took the number would play and be more productive with it. I don't associate that number with greatness.

He wasn't great. Perhaps I should say "on balance" he wasn't great, and that's because the asshole fucked the team because of greed; I'm sure he knew he was never coming back. Right or wrong, he fucked the team out of greed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 09:28 PM
He wasn't great. Perhaps I should say "on balance" he wasn't great, and that's because the asshole fucked the team because of greed; I'm sure he knew he was never coming back. Right or wrong, he fucked the team out of greed.

Right. Which is why I say give that number to Johnny Appleseed for all I care, maybe he can do better with it.

-King-
06-17-2019, 09:35 PM

Why do you think he knew that?

Frazod
06-17-2019, 09:35 PM

If he had just retired, it would have been fine. Had he got the surgery and tried to come back but failed, that would have been fine too. But even after the organization basically went spread eagle for him with that fat contract after the cancer scare, he still fucked them (and us) over just to squeeze out a little more.

He went from being one of my favorite all time players to just a notch above Bronco Neil on my Eat Shit And Die list. Fuck him, fuck his heel, and double fuck his broke dick spirit. 4321

FAX
06-17-2019, 09:39 PM
I can't recall a circumstance in which a beloved player fell from grace so disastrously. It's practically OJ-level ...

Beware the love of money above all else. It will almost always result in divorce and less than half the money you loved so dearly.

That's why I collect beanie babies.

FAX

TribalElder
06-17-2019, 09:40 PM
Mayock had Earl Thomas ahead of Urc Burry during the draft

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 09:45 PM

Common sense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 09:46 PM

because that's what the Easter Bunny told us, and that's what we're sticking with.
Good night!

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 09:47 PM
If he had just retired, it would have been fine. Had he got the surgery and tried to come back but failed, that would have been fine too. But even after the organization basically went spread eagle for him with that fat contract after the cancer scare, he still fucked them (and us) over just to squeeze out a little more.

He went from being one of my favorite all time players to just a notch above Bronco Neil on my Eat Shit And Die list. Fuck him, fuck his heel, and double fuck his broke dick spirit. 4321

Tons of us in that boat. I hope in 20 years he's happy knowing his name will have been forgotten in the NFL. It's usually about that age when "legacy" matters, and while he'll be rich, and richer because he fucked Chiefs nation, I hope that him being forgotten bothers him.

-King-
06-17-2019, 09:50 PM
Common sense.

Oh so you have no valid reason to think that at all. Cool.

-King-
06-17-2019, 09:53 PM

The surgery would have put him out for the year anyway so how would that have been any better? He tried to go without survey and hopefully play through the pain late in the season. That plan obviously failed, but why would him getting surgery and not even trying to play have been better?

And I think a lot of people forget that he's dealt with heel issues for years and played on it for years.

Frazod
06-17-2019, 09:59 PM
The surgery would have put him out for the year anyway so how would that have been any better? He tried to go without survey and hopefully play through the pain late in the season. That plan obviously failed, but why would him getting surgery and not even trying to play have been better?

And I think a lot of people forget that he's dealt with heel issues for years and played on it for years.

Well, shit, if it bothered him so much, and for so long, maybe he could have gotten it taken care of when he was already out for the entire fucking season after first game played in September of 2017? Then maybe he could have contributed right away instead of standing on the sideline looking like a bum stealing Clark's money and then being utterly fucking useless when he did finally come back.

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 10:10 PM
Well, shit, if it bothered him so much, and for so long, maybe he could have gotten it taken care of when he was already out for the entire fucking season after first game played in September of 2017? Then maybe he could have contributed right away instead of standing on the sideline looking like a bum stealing Clark's money and then being utterly fucking useless when he did finally come back.^^^ Quality post ^^^

BossChief
06-17-2019, 10:12 PM
Well, shit, if it bothered him so much, and for so long, maybe he could have gotten it taken care of when he was already out for the entire fucking season after first game played in September of 2017? Then maybe he could have contributed right away instead of standing on the sideline looking like a bum stealing Clark's money and then being utterly fucking useless when he did finally come back.

He was supposed to have BOTH Achilles repaired and the deformity shaved off in the same offseason, a couple years after fighting off cancer?

You think his body would have healed that quicker than just doing what he did?

-King-
06-17-2019, 10:14 PM

I doubt it would have been advisable to have Achilles and Haglunds deformity surgery on different legs at the same time is advisable. Doubt that would make recovery any faster especially when at that time he and the medical team had managed the deformity pretty well up to that point.

He had a shitty ending to his time here but I very much doubt he chose to end it like that and didn't want to be on the field more and play better when he did get on the field. 1 injury isn't going to change my perception of him since he was in college.

Frazod
06-17-2019, 10:14 PM
He was supposed to have BOTH Achilles repaired and the deformity shaved off in the same offseason, a couple years after fighting off cancer?

Well, maybe he shouldn't have had it all done ON THE SAME DAY, but yeah, over the course of the entire fucking season he missed, he could have found the time.

It's not like he was getting paid millions of dollars to a job or anything. :shake:

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 10:15 PM

You think his body would have healed that quicker than just doing what he did?Then retire. Or accept the hate being greedy bought him. Plus, an almost guaranteed loss of a Chiefs legacy.

-King-
06-17-2019, 10:15 PM
Well, maybe he shouldn't have had it all done ON THE SAME DAY, but yeah, over the course of the entire fucking season he missed, he could have found the time.

It's not like he was getting paid millions of dollars to a job or anything. :shake:

Do you understand how rehabbing an injury works?

Frazod
06-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Do you understand how rehabbing an injury works?

From what I've seen it involves a lot of standing around looking disheveled.

FAX
06-17-2019, 10:20 PM
Tons of us in that boat. I hope in 20 years he's happy knowing his name will have been forgotten in the NFL. It's usually about that age when "legacy" matters, and while he'll be rich, and richer because he ****ed Chiefs nation, I hope that him being forgotten bothers him.

He'll be hawking Dr. Scholl's Magic Inserts on the teevee at some point.

Either that, or he'll invest in some pristine real estate and spend his afternoons day-trading and lounging by the pool with his feet up.

Whatever it is, I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be giving two sh*ts about what Chiefs fans think of him.

FAX

GloryDayz
06-17-2019, 10:23 PM
He'll be hawking Dr. Scholl's Magic Inserts on the teevee at some point.

Either that, or he'll invest in some pristine real estate and spend his afternoons day-trading and lounging by the pool with his feet up.

Whatever it is, I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be giving two sh*ts about what Chiefs fans think of him.

FAXHe never did give a shit, that's pretty clear now.

FAX
06-17-2019, 10:23 PM

In cases like this, you have to look on the bright side and think positively, Mr. BossChief.

For example, if he simply requested that his feet be amputated and replaced with titanium spring things, he would have increased his vertical and avoided even the remotest possibility of toe cancer.

FAX

Frazod
06-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Anyway, I'm pretty sure we've all participated in this Berry circle jerk before. Our opinions are set in stone at this point - really no point in further rehashing them.

If you like him, too bad, he's gone. :(

If you don't him, yay, he's gone. PBJ

Either way, he's gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 10:44 PM

And doing absolutely nothing helped greatly by?...

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 10:53 PM
He never did give a shit, that's pretty clear now.

One of the best things about getting Mahomes is that the "face" no longer belonged to some Safety, OLB, or RB anymore. Overnight, they all became rightfully expendable and could no longer use their status to hold us hostage.

Thank God for that kid.

BlackOp
06-18-2019, 12:23 AM
What's weird about Berry's career with KC....I can remember more "impact" plays from Sorenson.

The Atlanta TD....and umm.

Hell...Sorenson had TWO in the AFCCG...INT and a 3rd down stuff.

Berry's season ...the initial one coming back from cancer...was the only one that lived up to his hype/salary. He was supposed to be the next Ed Reed/Ronnie Lott...he wasn't.

-King-
06-18-2019, 02:33 AM
What's weird about Berry's career with KC....I can remember more "impact" plays from Sorenson.

Berry's season ...the initial one coming back from cancer...was the only one that lived up to his hype/salary. He was supposed to be the next Ed Reed/Ronnie Lott...he wasn't.

So you've fallen for the KC media's ploy to make you think white sorensen made more impact plays than black Berry? Thought you were better than this black op.

Nickhead
06-18-2019, 05:29 AM
This has been known for ages.

GloryDayz
06-18-2019, 06:51 AM
So you've fallen for the KC media's ploy to make you think white sorensen made more impact plays than black Berry? Thought you were better than this black op.

^^^ PC post in the lounge ^^^

(Politically Charged)

loochy
06-18-2019, 07:10 AM

I'm one of the biggest Berry haters out there but this is thoroughly ridiculous. Did you even watch the Chiefs other than the past 2 years?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-18-2019, 09:04 AM
^^^ PC post in the lounge ^^^

(Politically Charged)

Seconded. This is an outrage.

FAX
06-18-2019, 09:15 AM

I think Mr. BlackOp was speaking metaphorically.

If you replace "Sorensen" with "Cosmic Background Radiation" and "Berry" with "Astral Projection", it makes more sense.

FAX

Redbled
06-18-2019, 09:29 AM

I honestly believe we underestimate Sorenson. He’s decent when healthy.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-18-2019, 09:47 AM
Berry has the potential to be a great ex-Chief. We could use the PR

loochy
06-18-2019, 09:56 AM
I honestly believe we underestimate Sorenson. He’s decent when healthy.

I like him a lot as a bench/role player. I do NOT like him as our every down safety.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-18-2019, 10:19 AM

ROFL You're funny.

tatorhog
06-18-2019, 10:45 AM

Berry had a lot of great plays in his career, and "Gimme dat ball Eli" was one of my personal favorites. the wheels just fell off and I think his heart followed. Just be glad he's gone now.

GloryDayz
06-18-2019, 11:23 AM

Wanna give an example? He's a moron who's known for fucking a city, how does that help us?

Oh, you mean the folks in Boston would say he's a swell guy... Got it...

loochy
06-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Wanna give an example? He's a moron who's know for fucking a city, how does that help us?

Oh, you mean the folks in Boston would say he's a swell guy... Got it...

He could read to kids.

"OK kids, this is how you milk a contract for maximum dollars with minimum work."

GloryDayz
06-18-2019, 11:42 AM
He could read to kids.

"OK kids, this is how you milk a contract for maximum dollars with minimum work."

He can read? Who knew!

Flying High D
06-18-2019, 03:34 PM
He’s not welcomed back to Chiefs Kingdom.

loochy
06-18-2019, 03:37 PM
He can read? Who knew!

Say what you want about him, but the man isn't dumb

Flying High D
06-18-2019, 03:39 PM
I would like to know all sides of the story.

GloryDayz
06-18-2019, 05:38 PM
Say what you want about him, but the man isn't dumbI suggested he might not be able to read, but the man ass-raped and NFL teams bank account, so yeah he's pretty savvy at that.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Fuller actually has balls. Played with a broken hand I believe

PAChiefsGuy
06-18-2019, 06:21 PM
I suggested he might not be able to read, but the man ass-raped and NFL teams bank account, so yeah he's pretty savvy at that.

Eric Berry didn't put a gun to the Chiefs heads and force them to sign him to that deal. You mean to tell me you wouldn't sign with the Chiefs if they offered you that money? Don't hate Eric Berry for that.. Hate the way contracts are setup in the NFL, if anything.

Lets not forget that when Ricky Williams signed a deal based pretty much totally on his performance... The result? Everyone called him an idiot. So I don't know what you want these NFL players to do. Damned if they do damned if they don't pretty much.

NFL players get hurt and can't play but still get paid their guaranteed money. It happens all the time just the reality of the NFL. It's not like Eric Berry wanted to get hurt or get cancer...

-King-
06-18-2019, 06:47 PM
Eric Berry didn't put a gun to the Chiefs heads and force them to sign him to that deal. You mean to tell me you wouldn't sign with the Chiefs if they offered you that money? Don't hate Eric Berry for that.. Hate the way contracts are setup in the NFL, if anything.

Lets not forget that when Ricky Williams signed a deal based pretty much totally on his performance... The result? Everyone called him an idiot. So I don't know what you want these NFL players to do. Damned if they do damned if they don't pretty much.

NFL players get hurt and can't play but still get paid their guaranteed money. It happens all the time just the reality of the NFL. It's not like Eric Berry wanted to get hurt or get cancer...

Yup. Richard Sherman negotiated a performance based contract and he was ridiculed for it.

It sucks what happened to Berry but I'm not going to blame him or turn on him for being injured. Injuries are part of sports and players have to protect themselves financially in case of one.

GloryDayz
06-18-2019, 09:34 PM

In this case I just want the fucker to go away, never darken the KC area with his broke-dick shadow, not expect to be anything but boo'd in this city, and let us move on and forget his lazy ass ever existed.

So I don't give a fuck how he got into the contract, I'm more concerned that the motherfucking cunt strung fools along making people believe he'd return.

So contract or not, he fucked Chiefs nation out of greed, now he just needs to go away and stay away, or some of us will remind him how much he disgusts us and never want him to return.

You can feel free to kiss his ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-18-2019, 10:28 PM
Well said! Guy was an embarrassment on the sidelines every week, looking like a comatose, LA skid row hobo with his "possee" of equally useless turds.
Good riddance, and please don't return for any reason whatsoever. Go to the park with Smith and feed the pigeons.

PAChiefsGuy
06-18-2019, 11:43 PM
In this case I just want the ****er to go away, never darken the KC area with his broke-dick shadow, not expect to be anything but boo'd in this city, and let us move on and forget his lazy ass ever existed.

So I don't give a **** how he got into the contract, I'm more concerned that the mother****ing **** strung fools along making people believe he'd return.

So contract or not, he ****ed Chiefs nation out of greed, now he just needs to go away and stay away, or some of us will remind him how much he disgusts us and never want him to return.

You want to forget about him yet you constantly post about him. How many times have you posted in this thread? You are like a guy who keeps bitching about his ex-girlfriend after he dumps her. Get over Eric Berry already.

You want him to go away? Well you got your wish, he is gone. The hell you still posting about him for?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2019, 12:20 AM
Fuck off, Squirrel Tits. You're too goddamned stupid to be a fan of this team. This team needs you like Arrowhead needs to start selling buckets of fried lard doused in butter.
Every thing that you think of is horribly wrong and will never be right. Go away for God's sake!

BlackOp
06-19-2019, 05:58 AM
Berry had a lot of great plays in his career, and "Gimme dat ball Eli" was one of my personal favorites. the wheels just fell off and I think his heart followed. Just be glad he's gone now.

I remember him getting torched by Gronk for the divisional game winner in 2015...that was awesome. I remember him getting torched by Gronk in the 2018 AFCCG. That was awesome too. I miss Berry...really came through when it mattered.

TEX
06-19-2019, 06:21 AM
In this case I just want the ****er to go away, never darken the KC area with his broke-dick shadow, not expect to be anything but boo'd in this city, and let us move on and forget his lazy ass ever existed.

So I don't give a **** how he got into the contract, I'm more concerned that the mother****ing **** strung fools along making people believe he'd return.

So contract or not, he ****ed Chiefs nation out of greed, now he just needs to go away and stay away, or some of us will remind him how much he disgusts us and never want him to return.

Not to mention, after he signed said contract, he skipped team activities...That was very revealing... A true leader doesn't do that, but a self centered one does.
In the end, he got the boot, which he deserved. Im glad the Chiefs had the stones to do it.

GloryDayz
06-19-2019, 06:39 AM
You want to forget about him yet you constantly post about him. How many times have you posted in this thread? You are like a guy who keeps bitching about his ex-girlfriend after he dumps her. Get over Eric Berry already.

You want him to go away? Well you got your wish, he is gone. The hell you still posting about him for?

We all have our way of dealing with treasonous fuckers like Berry.

And if you're a Chiefs fan and can't connect the dots that tell you that he was a fucker (regardless of if his fucking stupid contract enabled him to exactly be a fucker), well, you might not be as much of a fan as you think.

WhawhaWhat
06-19-2019, 07:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Second year DB Armani Watts rocking number 23 this year! (📸 via <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a>) 👀 <a href="https://t.co/shcImBqpTM">pic.twitter.com/shcImBqpTM</a></p>&mdash; Chiefs Daily (@KC_Chiefs101) <a href="https://twitter.com/KC_Chiefs101/status/1141073686591672320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Redbled
06-19-2019, 09:16 AM
**** off, Squirrel Tits. You're too goddamned stupid to be a fan of this team. This team needs you like Arrowhead needs to start selling buckets of fried lard doused in butter.
Every thing that you think of is horribly wrong and will never be right. Go away for God's sake!

I’ve never seen anyone called Squirrel Tits before. I’m going there next time I road rage.

I think Watts could be something we forget about that could really help this team. Sometimes I wonder if the team will use the Badger as a corner at times.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2019, 09:39 AM
I’ve never seen anyone called Squirrel Tits before. I’m going there next time I road rage.

I think Watts could be something we forget about that could really help this team. Sometimes I wonder if the team will use the Badger as a corner at times.

Rico created "squirrel tits" specifically for this poster. It's a magnificent moniker and very fitting for Pennsyltucky Chiefs fan there. Every single post he makes is pure shit.

As to the Chiefs, it sounds like they're going to be using all sorts of crazy packages and rotations so who knows?

PAChiefsGuy
06-19-2019, 10:01 AM
We all have our way of dealing with treasonous ****ers like Berry.

And if you're a Chiefs fan and can't connect the dots that tell you that he was a ****er (regardless of if his ****ing stupid contract enabled him to exactly be a ****er), well, you might not be as much of a fan as you think.

Yeah you sure have a great way of dealing with Berry situation by throwing a hissy fit online... Good job man. I'll have to try it sometime...

**** off, Squirrel Tits. You're too goddamned stupid to be a fan of this team. This team needs you like Arrowhead needs to start selling buckets of fried lard doused in butter.

Fuck you. I got just as much a right to post here as anyone else. You don't like my posts use the ignore function. Pretty easy to do you moron.

TEX
06-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Yeah you sure have a great way of dealing with Berry situation by throwing a hissy fit online... Good job man. I'll have to try it sometime...

ROFL Um...You DID, in EVERY Tyreek Hill thread!

-King-
06-19-2019, 10:30 AM

Says the guy that was crying so much he got banned in one of the threads ROFL

PAChiefsGuy
06-19-2019, 10:35 AM

That's a lie. I posted about Tyreek in the beginning but moved on once I realized nothing was going to come of it. I jumped the gun a little on that story and that was my mistake.

But I havent posted about Tyreek Hill in weeks. He'll be playing for the Chiefs next season and serve a small suspension. I'm fine w that.

OKchiefs
06-19-2019, 10:36 AM
That's a lie. I posted about Tyreem in the beginning but moved on once I realized nothing was going to come of it. I jumped the gun a little on that story and that was my mistake.

But I havent posted about Tyreek Hill in weeks. He'll be playing for the Chiefs next season and serve a small suspension. I'm fine w that.

Why aren't you sucking Smith off on a Redskins forum?

PAChiefsGuy
06-19-2019, 10:45 AM
Why aren't you sucking Smith off on a Redskins forum?

What the hell does Alex Smith and the Redskins have to do w Eric Berry? Obsess much?

Flying High D
06-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Not to mention, after he signed said contract, he skipped team activities...That was very revealing... A true leader doesn't do that, but a self centered one does.
In the end, he got the boot, which he deserved. Im glad the Chiefs had the stones to do it.

This is a beautiful post. I tried to give it a thumbs up. But the thumbs down got hit, sorry.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2019, 02:45 PM
This is a beautiful post. I tried to give it a thumbs up. But the thumbs down got hit, sorry.

I evened the balance for you.

Flying High D
06-19-2019, 02:48 PM
^ Bless you.

MahiMike
06-19-2019, 02:52 PM
Not to mention that Berry gave up the final straw throw to gronk in the championship game. Turn around asshole!

Flying High D
06-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Not to mention that Berry gave up the final straw throw to gronk in the championship game. Turn around asshole!

Oh, you mean when Brady and Gronk was playing a game of catch? Surprised Broken Spirit was even in the picture frame.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2019, 03:17 PM
^ Bless you.

Nothing but love for my homies. :)

GloryDayz
06-19-2019, 09:28 PM

Fuck you. I got just as much a right to post here as anyone else. You don't like my posts use the ignore function. Pretty easy to do you moron.

^^^^ Hissy fit because he can't stand how much coin he wasted on a Haglund jersey ^^^^

PAChiefsGuy
06-20-2019, 04:12 AM
^^^^ Hissy fit because he can't stand how much coin he wasted on a Haglund jersey ^^^^

Lol. I admit, that was funny.

Nothing more to post about here. I'm out. You can continue to bitch about nothing if you choose to. Have fun.

New World Order
07-21-2019, 11:28 PM
Thought this was interesting. Fuller struggled in the slot but was elite on the outside. per PFF article:

In 2018, Fuller’s 57.9 slot coverage grade ranked sixth out of the six players who logged at least 400 slot coverage snaps. Opposing quarterbacks completed 76.7% of their passes when targeting Fuller in slot coverage, and his forced incompletion rate dropped down to 8.2%. He surrendered a first down or touchdown on 45.2% of his targets and opposing quarterbacks earned a 110.5 passer rating when targeting him.

Despite his struggles from the slot in 2018, Fuller shined in coverage when he was given the opportunity to cover out wide. The third-year cornerback registered 103 coverage snaps from an outside corner position, and out of the 101 players who saw at least 100 coverage snaps out wide, he ranked first with a 90.7 coverage grade. He ranked first among that group by holding opposing quarterbacks to just a 35.3% completion percentage when targeted as a wide corner and both of his interceptions came when playing out wide.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-chiefs-needs-slot-cornerback-kendall-fuller-back-to-his-best-in-2019

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-21-2019, 11:45 PM
Thought this was interesting. Fuller struggled in the slot but was elite on the outside. per PFF article:

In 2018, Fuller’s 57.9 slot coverage grade ranked sixth out of the six players who logged at least 400 slot coverage snaps. Opposing quarterbacks completed 76.7% of their passes when targeting Fuller in slot coverage, and his forced incompletion rate dropped down to 8.2%. He surrendered a first down or touchdown on 45.2% of his targets and opposing quarterbacks earned a 110.5 passer rating when targeting him.

Despite his struggles from the slot in 2018, Fuller shined in coverage when he was given the opportunity to cover out wide. The third-year cornerback registered 103 coverage snaps from an outside corner position, and out of the 101 players who saw at least 100 coverage snaps out wide, he ranked first with a 90.7 coverage grade. He ranked first among that group by holding opposing quarterbacks to just a 35.3% completion percentage when targeted as a wide corner and both of his interceptions came when playing out wide.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-chiefs-needs-slot-cornerback-kendall-fuller-back-to-his-best-in-2019

Bob Sutton sucks!

New World Order
07-21-2019, 11:47 PM
Bob Sutton sucks!

Competent safety play should help too

rabblerouser
07-22-2019, 02:06 AM
Competent safety play should help too

this.

ThyKingdomCome15
07-22-2019, 07:14 AM
The nightmare scenario for a guy signing a massive contract is he gets hurt as he signs it. That's basically what happened and I can still feel the pain. It's hard to let a guy like him walk, though. Signing him was the right call regardless.

TEX
07-22-2019, 07:56 AM
The nightmare scenario for a guy signing a massive contract is he gets hurt as he signs it. That's basically what happened and I can still feel the pain. It's hard to let a guy like him walk, though. Signing him was the right call regardless.

From a PR perspective, you're definitely correct. But from a future production perspective, given all the intangibles, it was not the right thing to do. Big contracts like that should be based on expected future production rather than past performance. You get into trouble when you put too much emphasis on the past... My problem with him was not that he got hurt - shit happens. It was his actions after he signed his huge contract when he skipped "voluntary" team workouts that he had previously attended in years past. That's not what a true leader does. I think THAT type of thinking was on display last season and it soured his legacy. I wish EB the best, but glad he's gone.

jjchieffan
07-22-2019, 07:59 AM
I never would have guessed that about Fuller. He was supposed to be elite at covering the slot. It was his outside coverage that was supposedly suspect. If this is true, then he should be the starting corner opposite Breeland this year. Kick Ward to the slot.

O.city
07-22-2019, 08:03 AM
I never would have guessed that about Fuller. He was supposed to be elite at covering the slot. It was his outside coverage that was supposedly suspect. If this is true, then he should be the starting corner opposite Breeland this year. Kick Ward to the slot.

Ward's too big and lanky to play the slot. You want him outside to matchup with those types of WR's. The Slot is a damn hard spot in that you've gotta have really fluid hips and defend 2 way routes constantly.

I'd start with those two outside and kick Fuller inside on passing and sub package stuff.

RealSNR
07-22-2019, 08:54 AM
From a PR perspective, you're definitely correct. But from a future production perspective, given all the intangibles, it was not the right thing to do. Big contracts like that should be based on expected future production rather than past performance. You get into trouble when you put too much emphasis on the past... My problem with him was not that he got hurt - shit happens. It was his actions after he signed his huge contract when he skipped "voluntary" team workouts that he had previously attended in years past. That's not what a true leader does. I think THAT type of thinking was on display last season and it soured his legacy. I wish EB the best, but glad he's gone.

Yeah. While I supported what Berry stood for (adequate compensation for athletes in the wake of knowing what their football careers do to their bodies) how he handled it was NOT a good look for him. At all. Dude wants to lead? Speak out against what is troubling you. Don't just do these shitty things to the team and then sit there like a fucking homeless leper.

Cancer or not, formerly great player or not, Eric Berry behaved like a real fucking shit head for the last two seasons he was here. And that really hurt the team and possibly cost us a Super Bowl.

notorious
07-22-2019, 09:06 AM
He soured all the great memories of his play.

Don’t blame him for doing what he did, I would have did the same thing, but damn.

jjchieffan
07-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Ward's too big and lanky to play the slot. You want him outside to matchup with those types of WR's. The Slot is a damn hard spot in that you've gotta have really fluid hips and defend 2 way routes constantly.

I'd start with those two outside and kick Fuller inside on passing and sub package stuff.

If Fuller was the best in the league on the outside, as the article says, you need to leave him outside. If Ward is too big and lanky to play the slot, then the team needs to figure out who to play there. But, based on the stats from last year, it needs to be someone other than Fuller. Reader maybe? Thornhill has played safety and corner I believe. Maybe he could cover the slot sometimes?

BossChief
07-22-2019, 12:22 PM
Someone should put pre cancer Berry into the face app to see how many years it took toll on him. To me, it seemed he aged 20 years

-King-
07-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Yeah. While I supported what Berry stood for (adequate compensation for athletes in the wake of knowing what their football careers do to their bodies) how he handled it was NOT a good look for him. At all. Dude wants to lead? Speak out against what is troubling you. Don't just do these shitty things to the team and then sit there like a fucking homeless leper.

Cancer or not, formerly great player or not, Eric Berry behaved like a real fucking shit head for the last two seasons he was here. And that really hurt the team and possibly cost us a Super Bowl.

How do you know that he hurt the team in any way? And what should he have done that would have helped? The fact that he hasn't been signed yet should show that his foot injury really was a serious thing and not something he was milking in any way.

I think him speaking out hurt his image with fans, but not with the team. I believe he really did want to play. Hell he had played on the injury for years going back to I think 2014 when it first popped up. So for 3 years he played through it and it got to the point where it was unplayable last year. He chose not to get the surgery because it would have put him out for the season and he wanted to play. I'm not going to fault him because it didn't work.

RealSNR
07-22-2019, 07:08 PM
How do you know that he hurt the team in any way? And what should he have done that would have helped? The fact that he hasn't been signed yet should show that his foot injury really was a serious thing and not something he was milking in any way.

I think him speaking out hurt his image with fans, but not with the team. I believe he really did want to play. Hell he had played on the injury for years going back to I think 2014 when it first popped up. So for 3 years he played through it and it got to the point where it was unplayable last year. He chose not to get the surgery because it would have put him out for the season and he wanted to play. I'm not going to fault him because it didn't work.

I meant how he handled the negotiations. Dorsey wanted team protection built into the deal in case the cancer returned, and this apparently pissed Berry off that Dorsey would stoop so low as to put Berry on the hook for any of his potential medical problems. The shitass mega deal negotiated by Clark was the result.

I get it. Berry finds the NFL to be unjust towards its players who have their quality of life reduced from their brief careers, and he believes the compensation needs to be steered towards the players who have to put their bodies through this. I totally understand. But in doing so, he completely shit on the good faith the Chiefs showed him through his cancer treatment.

That wasn’t very nice.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
07-22-2019, 07:09 PM
Fuller was rated 87 on madden. Pretty damn good

-King-
07-22-2019, 07:41 PM
I meant how he handled the negotiations. Dorsey wanted team protection built into the deal in case the cancer returned, and this apparently pissed Berry off that Dorsey would stoop so low as to put Berry on the hook for any of his potential medical problems. The shitass mega deal negotiated by Clark was the result.

I get it. Berry finds the NFL to be unjust towards its players who have their quality of life reduced from their brief careers, and he believes the compensation needs to be steered towards the players who have to put their bodies through this. I totally understand. But in doing so, he completely shit on the good faith the Chiefs showed him through his cancer treatment.

That wasn’t very nice.

Why would any player who has had cancer take a deal like that? I don't think that was reasonable by Dorsey and I bet the NFLPA looked at it as being a gross request.

-King-
07-22-2019, 07:49 PM
Why would any player who has had cancer take a deal like that? I don't think that was reasonable by Dorsey and I bet the NFLPA looked at it as being a gross request.

Going by what Perez wrote in his article about a disability insurance being rare and some of the only players to have it being Kaepernick and Joe Staley, I think Dorsey would have had better luck either having the chiefs pay the premium or having it cover football related injuries rather than cancer.